[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your life is a series of consequences of your previous decisions,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 16

File: 3151232151.png (389KB, 564x767px) Image search: [Google]
3151232151.png
389KB, 564x767px
Your life is a series of consequences of your previous decisions, if you're life sucks you deserve it.
>>
Yeah but I still fucked ur mum
>>
>>733641900
>implying i didn't fuck my mom too
checkmate chad
>>
Sometimes your life sucks because your ancestors life sucked. Or someone decided they don't have the right to make decisions for themselves.

Sometimes you're born into a good situation.

Everyone is not deserving of the life they have. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw. Sometimes the system is rigged against you.

I bet your life is pretty decent if you feel this way. And I am willing to bet you had a little (more likely a lot of) help along the way.
>>
>>733642268
>I bet your life is pretty decent if you feel this way. And I am willing to bet you had a little (more likely a lot of) help along the way.
Or it could be bait and I want someone to change my mind.
If you were watching a horror movie and seen someone make dumb decisions, and something bad is about to happen to them, do you really sit there and think 'well this dumbass had bad ancestors'. I don't really think you believe what you're saying.
>>
File: 354476499.jpg (31KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
354476499.jpg
31KB, 615x409px
>>733641813
But are your previous decisions not the result of your education, learned morals, youth experiences, and ability to reason and make decisions, under limited and biased conditions?
>>
>>733641813
Hopefully you get cancer by 30, then.
>>
>>733643376
>under limited and biased conditions?
If all you're experiences were that limited and biased I'm not sure we can trust your judgement on this if you're really that far out of control of your decision making.

>>733643583
I'm in my mid 30's, and luckily I haven't read enough of your posts to catch cancer.
>>
a bird shit on the window, I have no control over that
>>
>if you're life sucks
>you're

It's "your"
As in: Your cells have extra chromosomes.
"you're" is used in sentences such as:
I hope you're hit by a car.
>>
>>733643985
I'm speaking objectively. No one is in control of their decisions.
Had you been taught English by a different teacher, or been sick on a different day in school, the foundation understandings you use to communicate and function on a daily basis could be radically different.
The farther back into your past you go, the greater impact any small event in your life makes on your current thought process.
It's not about my own imability to control my life.
Everyone, simply for existing in a reality based on consistent cause and effect, where each discernible cause can be routed backward toward a previous cause, and a cause before that, stretching father back than even your own conception, is incapable of having full control, if any at all of their life's direction.
It's the truth, regardless of if you focus long enough to realize it.
>>
>>733644427
Top keks.
>>
>>733641813
I am life sucks.
>>
>>733644427
Actually laughed, thanks anon.
>>
File: 1492724297054.jpg (40KB, 460x573px) Image search: [Google]
1492724297054.jpg
40KB, 460x573px
Cracking
>>
Well that's bullshit. Not if you grew up in a North Korean prison camp it isn't. Sounds like that "the secret" manifest your destiny bullshit. More accurately, it's a crapshoot.
>>
File: 1233023336335.gif (295KB, 133x181px) Image search: [Google]
1233023336335.gif
295KB, 133x181px
>>733641813
So what about people born with chronic illnesses?
>>
>>733644544
>I'm speaking objectively. No one is in control of their decisions.
That's false. You can't control what other people do, or say. You can only control your own reaction to it. I think you're just angry that you don't chose to do more, and try to rationalize backwards when the consequences of your decisions to either choosing
1. do nothing
or
2. do something that didn't work well
>>
Okay? Yeah I fucked around a lot as a teen and young adult. It happens. Finally decided to go make some money and try the whole decent life thing.
>>
>>733645475
But in any and every decision that, when asked why you did something, if you have a reason behind your actions, if there is an answer to the question "Why?" then the source of your decision making stems from something outside of 'self generated agency' which you are claiming you have.

And I do have reason for believing what I do. I've considered them, and they are not sourced in regret.
On another note:
>Claims everyone has free will
>Finds a reason based in past experiences for why I think how I do
That's a bit counterproductive when trying to prove me wrong, since my argument is based in the effects of past experiences determining your present mindset.
>>
>>733645226
You're saying a camp you could try to leave is so bad that you won't bother to try to leave it, thus it's not your fault for choosing to stay. That doesn't make any sense.

>>733645364
What about them, I really doubt you give a shit about them. You ever even give them a pair of boot straps to try to pull themselves up with? You know that's like me complaining about starving kids in Africa when I'm buying a big feast at a fast food restaurant but don't do shit for starving kids there when I'm not complaining about it. I could easily make a decision to try to maybe even send one village some canned goods or something instead of being full of shit and parading it around as a terrible circumstance when it suits me.
>>
>>733642268
I bet your life is bad and you blame everyone and everything but yourself..
>>
>>733645958
>That's a bit counterproductive when trying to prove me wrong, since my argument is based in the effects of past experiences determining your present mindset.
The only reason it would be wrong is because you feel you lack agency, that's a very childish and immature argument, unless you're legitimately sick in the head, when you claim to be educated.
>>
>>733645965
So you assume I don't have one. Also, you didn't answer my question, just tried to insult my critique of your original post. So, what about people who were born with diseases. you could argue that starvation is a disease, but I will not.
>>
>>733641813

>you are life
>you are life
>you are life
>>
>>733646646
I'm not sick. I've been checked.
You stated that people were capable of self control, and free will, and then proceeded to explain to me that there is probably a reason why I think and believe the way I do.
Now, you state that I am sick in the head.
You state I am childish.
Are you saying that my mental disposition, controls my ability to make decisions? (The answer is obviously 'yes') You should realize though, that that mindset that mental disposition has such major effects on a person's ability to control themselves, is the first step in understanding how 'agency' and 'free will' are illusions.
That's where I started, and if you actually put a bit more thought into it, you will get there.
Next, ask yourself if there are any other contributing factors.
"Why do people from different classes have different life perspectives?"
What makes someone from a different class share perspectives with the mindset of a citizen from a class below or above their own?"
"If someone did not learn the same morals as I did, what situations would end up differently for them?"
"If there is an inconsistency in two peoples behaviors, who would otherwise have nearly identical births and upbringings, where do the differences lie, and how do they allow someone's mental development to deviate?"

All you have to do is ask questions, and you will find answers, and chaos will cease to exist. Instead it will just be replaced with order that you can't quite grasp, but know rules everything.
I dare you to go down the same path as I did, ask the same questions, and not come to the same conclusions.
The only way you will is through some deviation, that prevents us from empathizing.
With all the exact same data as I have, you'd come to the exact same conclusions, because it's all really just math.
>>
>>733647182
Just because there is one extreme circumstance doesn't mean you can't make decisions to the best of your ability to make the best of what you have. You seem to be implying that I said bad things don't happen to people unless it's some sort of karmic justice they brought on themselves. Those circumstances can make things harder, but if they're such life altering things where you don't feel those people deserve judgement, just how many people with diseases or disabilities do you personally spend time with? If you don't judge them you must be close with a few right?
>>
Yeah being born with a fucked up brain is probably i earned in a earlier life hueueue
>>
I have a good life, and it's mostly because of luck and natural ability.

People have shit lives because the world is fucked up and our society only serves the powerful. Saying it's "their fault" is typical American doctrine, and big business likes that just fine.
>>
>>733644427
rekt
>>
>>733642641

>If you were watching a horror movie and seen someone make dumb decisions, and something bad is about to happen to them, do you really sit there and think 'well this dumbass had bad ancestors'. I don't really think you believe what you're saying.

No but when you are sold as a sex toy at the age of 8 im p sure some where along the line some one other than you made bad life choices
>>
File: 1262510952595.jpg (47KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1262510952595.jpg
47KB, 800x600px
>>733647606
>Your life is a series of consequences of your previous decisions, if you're life sucks you deserve it.

Are you suggesting that an embryo is responsible for itself being born with HIV, Diabetes, Cerebral Palsy, etc? That they deserve it?
>>
>>733647579
>"Why do people from different classes have different life perspectives?"
A lot of classism is people trying to purposely differentiate themselves from what they consider lower to not be considered one of them. I really don't think I need to consider factors since it comes from a perspective that being in that class is bad or wrong and not just a consequence of decisions. I'm not saying other people can't make decisions which make it more difficult for you, but if you are in a situation and you're not actively doing something to positively effect it, you're making a decision to not to, thus in effect bringing it on yourself. Free will isn't an illusion, just because people have impulses doesn't mean they don't have a decision in the matter. People constantly choose to do things that are not in their own self interest, in fact there would be no empathy or co-operation between people if they only acted in their self interest, if they lacked agency and choice it wouldn't make sense for them to evolve doing things outside their own self interest.
>>
>>733648058
Clearly I'm not, and that really has nothing to do with anything unless you think an embryo is capable of making decisions.
>>
>>733648081
Empathy and cooperation are abstract means to fulfill selfish needs.
A person who feels emotional pain because of the suffering of another person, is driven by those pains to help, should no other force inhibit them.
A person who is told that it is good to help someone will attempt do do good, should no other force inhibit them.
A person who believes suffering is bad will make an effort to end it where they see it, should no other force inhibit them.
A person who has not been taught that suffering is bad, helping others is good, and who does not feel emotional pain when perceiving the suffering of others will not attempt to help a person who is suffering, should no other force motivate them.

A person who has empathy for others, morals to drive their needs, but is late for work, or told that their attempts to help will not lead to any actual improvement, will not help.

A person who has empathy for others, morals to drive their needs, but because of a traffic detour, missed the chance to experience a person in need, will not help.

As for classism, that was simply an example. Any perceivable aspect of reality that can cause a person's life experience to deviate from that of another person does so consistently, and its impact in your life is only impeded by other experiences.

Reality is as simple as that.
The data is not impossible to perceive, it is just gargantuan in quality.
>>
>>733641813
true that
>>
>>733648943
That's very long winded. How would you explain that I've gone against teachings, and made decisions I thought was right when nobody else taught or showed me they were?
>>
>>733649775
Because you perceived something in these teachings that caused you to doubt their legitimacy, or, under the circumstances, felt the need to make a limited exception.

You do not have to be taught that jumping off a cliff is a bad idea. You just have to be taught the physics of gravity, the fragility of the human body, and the negative consequences of self endangerment. (Of course, all of this would be for naught if you did not develop reasoning skills at a young age, via either being taught, or through example.)

Easy way to look at it. Your past is not something you can control, but should you forget a part of it, that lack of data would alter the results of your decision making, to deviate from what you would choose should you have retained that memory. (If the memory is relevant and recalled either consciously or subconsciously)
>>
>>733649775
One more thing, I stated before that empathy is a means to fullfill selfish desires.
Just because I said this does not mean I am incapable of feeling empathy and sympathy. I do so often.
I have simply delved into the biological and psychological aspects that trigger and fuel them.
>>
>>733650212
>Because you perceived something in these teachings that caused you to doubt their legitimacy, or, under the circumstances, felt the need to make a limited exception.
So you STILL don't believe you can make decisions this way often enough to have free will?
>>
>>733650661
Your decision to go against those beliefs relied on your ability to perceive those things that made you doubt, which is a skill developed via past experiences where you were exposed to proper logistics. Without those experiences, which were not your choice to experience, and the opportunity to utilize those skills, you would not have doubted, and thus you would not have gone against.

As such, not even that decision was strictly your own.
>>
>>733641813
What if you were born with a genetic illness that limits what you can do and affects everything in your life?

Pretty easy to break your retard reasoning.
>>
>>733650661
Think fo it this way.
In any decision you make, if it is purposeful, or related to the situation in which you make the decision in any way, it is not your decision.
>>
>>733651287
>huuur ur retard, anon. wat if somethin happened when yur couldn't make decisions?

>>733651293
I really don't believe you have good reasoning as to why someone should think that, and you're backtracking quite hard now. Of course it's dependent off having learned things nobody is sitting here saying anything but you're a child, mentally ill, or potentially retarded if you can't make decisions. The point you're making is like >>733651075
>As such, not even that decision was strictly your own.
this-- you're saying a person can't write a book because someone else invented the words they use in it and all the words have been published before in different sentences with different meanings.
>>
>>733641813
sexually deprived thong observer hhnnnnng
>>
File: Cancun_Quintana_Roo_Mexico3.jpg (266KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Cancun_Quintana_Roo_Mexico3.jpg
266KB, 1280x800px
>>733641813

my life is currently pathetic. Served in the military, got a college degree soon after. Then lost my fucking house, and my job followed soon after. It fucking blows!. now I make a living from home, but the pay sucks ass, and I'm constantly bored out of my mind. I been stagnant for over 5 years.

Then I got a nice little windfall from my parents. Which I can use to get me out this shithole. But I been living this pathetic life for so long that I'm too lazy and afraid to change my situation. I simply placed all the money in a low cost index fund, and haven't touched any of the of the cash in a year.

I'm actually thinking of starting over Completely. Get a whole new life. Maybe move to Quintana Roo, Mexico. Buy some land and start businesses. Perhaps open up a pizza place and a diving business for tourist. But with all that Trump bullshit, I don't know how mexicans are going to feel about a white dude taking over their shit. I don't know, I just stay put in my little condo for the time being. FUCK THIS is BORING!
>>
File: downs.jpg (32KB, 304x323px) Image search: [Google]
downs.jpg
32KB, 304x323px
>>733641813
> if you're life
>>
I think this is generally true but only pertaining to constant, recurring shitty things in your life and there's a lot of exceptions.
Anybody can have a run-in with some dickhead randomly that hurts them and leaves them fucked up for the rest of their lives for no reason, or fall down a sinkhole or get hurt/die in an earthquake.
...but generally if you frequently have shitty things happen to you or you live in a state of constant shittery you're probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>733651740
1) That post you referenced is me.
2) I am saying you had to learn. And had you learned differently, you would think differently.
You are built by the environment you live in, combined with the your genetics.
You are a complete product of nature, and all 'individuality' attributed to 'you' is an inevitable result of preexisting conditions.
These situations perpetuate, and as such, when you are in a scenario in which you make a decision it is made for you by a combination of your past self (what is the result of all that is outside of you) and the present situation, which your interaction with was also inevitable.
The fact that we are talking right now is not only separate from your individual intentions, but something that someone who lived a hundred years ago, given all the needed data, of the present, and the mental capacity to process how that data would perpetuate over a hundred years, they could predict your name, age, and how long this conversation will last, not to mention when it started.
You and I are a part of an increasingly complex toppling of dominoes.
>>
>>733651874
More bad news, you have to be a Mexican citizen to own land in Mexico. Sounds funny, but true. At least illegals can buy and operate busniesses here.
>>
File: GERAL-38.png (255KB, 589x333px) Image search: [Google]
GERAL-38.png
255KB, 589x333px
>>733641813
>>
>>733652174
>Anybody can have a run-in with some dickhead randomly that hurts them and leaves them fucked up for the rest of their lives for no reason, or fall down a sinkhole or get hurt/die in an earthquake.
Something like this happened to me, generally it was considered okay because I had not done much with my life up to that point. I made bad decisions, therefore it's okay when bad things happened to me. I deserved it. However I picked up and moved on as best as I could even though I was much worse off for it having happened. It doesn't absolve you of responsibility for your own decisions if something bad happens to you. Bad things happen to nearly everyone and it's not like the world is going to come to an end anytime soon, so it really can't be some responsibility dodging excuse now can it?
>>
>>733652355
>These situations perpetuate, and as such, when you are in a scenario in which you make a decision it is made for you by a combination of your past self (what is the result of all that is outside of you) and the present situation, which your interaction with was also inevitable.
You lost me after this part, it's sort of like you're almost lucid and understand a persons decision making process is built off their experiences and that a lack of control over those experiences doesn't always mean they lack an ability to make decisions.
>You and I are a part of an increasingly complex toppling of dominoes.
Well that might be but you get to make some decisions for yourself if you chose. Just because you don't like that you were unable to choose the situations doesn't mean you didn't have a choice.
>>
>>733652399
>you have to be a Mexican citizen to own land in Mexico

I've done some research into this, and there is actually a loop hole to the law. You can buy it through a trust of some sort. there is more paperwork and cash involved, but it can be done. Also, if at least one of your business takes off and you employ mexicans; the road to permanent residency is wide open. I might even find me a latina chick. Lots of educated bilingual chicks in touristy areas.

I might actually pull the trigger on this crazy plan before the end of the year. But I've had so many failures that I been hesitant.
>>
File: 18485489n.jpg (44KB, 480x689px) Image search: [Google]
18485489n.jpg
44KB, 480x689px
>>733641813
>>
>>733652915
I am content with my past. I have not always been, but that is beside the point.
I admit I have communication issues at times.
If it would help, then please give me an example of a decision in which you participated in free will according to your understanding, and will will dissect it together, till each factor is accounted for (to the best of our ability).
>>
>>733653018
You ever run a business before?
Mexico sounds like a shit place to live, at the rate it's going the U.S. will have to make it a few extra states to get the criminal element under control. Really just seems like a matter of time as it's in the criminals interests to be a part of the U.S. if it gets anymore difficult to smuggle things in. Since the criminal element practically control the politicians/police/military it's just a matter of time before manifest destiny starts to happen again.
>>
>>733653243
This one girl wanted to have a relationship with me, sex, whatever. My call. So I ignored her. That day instead of doing anything productive like filling out job applications, or doing something fun like going out and getting drunk. I covered my penis in lotion and masturbated into a sock.
>>
>>733641813
So that disease I was born with, bad judgment?
Fuck off.
>>
>>733653746
That could be rooted in a hesitance to commit, or change your lifestyle, or simply a contentedness.
(Not saying I specifically know that. I will submit that even if you do not know why you made a choice, you were driven to)
We ask questions now.
Did you have any previous kind of relationship with her? Friendship? Social contact?
Did you have any previous experiences with women that led you to have specific opinions of them in general?
Were you suffering some kind of energy or vitamin deficiency that day?
>>
File: Quintana-Roo-196319.jpg (147KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
Quintana-Roo-196319.jpg
147KB, 936x526px
>>733653322
the state of Quintata Roo is a little different than the rest of mexico. Crime in general is low. The cartels are present, but dormant. Things run the way it was before the "war on drugs". The cocaine passes through from Columbia, and some is distributed for the foreign tourist in Quintana roo. The government turns a blind eye, and they get their nice little cut. But when the criminals do fuck with people there; the military and police are actually strict. Tourism is a cash cow industry for the country. Everybody has a nice hustle going down there, and they don't want to fuck it up.

In other words, the place is an anomaly compared to the rest of mexico. People from Europe, Canda, and the US live there permanently. I been there to scout 3 times and meet a few. People seem happy there and carefree. And I want to join those happy son of a bitches.
>>
>>733641813
Such a simplistic mindset, you must be a real idiot.
There are a lot of instances in life where you have no control whatsoever over what happens, like being born with a disease or getting killed by the man that chose to rob your house and in a panic attack killed you or a terrorist that decides to blow a bunch of people for his very own reasons.
>>
>>733654337
>Did you have any previous kind of relationship with her? Friendship? Social contact?
Yes. It's not like random girls just come up to me on the street begging me to have a relationship with them.
>Did you have any previous experiences with women that led you to have specific opinions of them in general?
Everyone develops opinions of others, it's called a first impression. We're not enlightened thinking gas bags or mindless automatons pre programmed to do everything.
>Were you suffering some kind of energy or vitamin deficiency that day?
Probably not I whacked off for like 12 hours straight. I don't like to do that usually I can get it right back up after I cum or whatever but its just a lot more boring unless I wait.
>>
>>733654870
Okay.
(I am aware)
Was there anything you were specifically looking forward to about being in an intimate relationship with this girl?
(I am aware)
What were some of the first impressions that have effected you in your relationships with women?
Will you submit that ones level of energy, and bodily state effects someone's decision making?
(I am not suggesting that this is the only reason I believe what I do)
>>
File: f3f3f.jpg (335KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
f3f3f.jpg
335KB, 1200x900px
>>733654629

fuck it, I'm going to make the move, and say that I'm Canadian. Less stigma attached, and people wont be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>733654629
Touristy places tend to push a lot of people out, if it's a good spot for business it's going to change quick. That's a bit of a socio-economic bubble. I suppose I'd say if you're going to do it I would do it asap. Personally Mexico is toward the bottom of my list of places I'd want to go. Last thing I would want to do is uproot set up somewhere else, then try to start a business for the first time. I'd at least try to run a boostrap or two first for the experience trying to keep them going.

>>733654852
>or getting killed by the man that chose to rob your house and in a panic attack killed you or a terrorist that decides to blow a bunch of people for his very own reasons.
You can make decisions to do something else if you think that's a real threat. You could put a stronger door, better locks, bars on your window. Not be in crowded areas people would want to attack, maybe be on guard a little bit more clearly people attack people in public it's not some crazy random thing that doesn't happen often.
>>
>>733655380
>Was there anything you were specifically looking forward to about being in an intimate relationship with this girl?
I don't look for those at all.
>What were some of the first impressions that have effected you in your relationships with women?
If they play hard to get or not.
>Will you submit that ones level of energy, and bodily state effects someone's decision making?
Of course it does.
>>
>>733655568
>You can make decisions to do something else if you think that's a real threat. You could put a stronger door, better locks, bars on your window. Not be in crowded areas people would want to attack, maybe be on guard a little bit more clearly people attack people in public it's not some crazy random thing that doesn't happen often.
What if you've been living on a really peaceful neighbor, you have no control over who moves in it, retarded anon stop trying to look smart you are not.
>>
>>733655865
Okay. Then have you noticed whether or not this person was playing hard to get? And what was your opinion of that?
Would you submit that the state of your body at least partially made it easier to make the decision to masturbate, as opposed to doing any of those other things?
Are you prone to procrastination?
>>
>>733656119
sic pacem para bellum
living in a peaceful place doesn't sound like a good excuse to be completely ignorant of your own safety and never making decisions that effect it, that just means you're making decisions against it if you never make any positive ones.
>>
>>733656204
>Okay. Then have you noticed whether or not this person was playing hard to get?
No they were not.
> And what was your opinion of that?
favorable
>Would you submit that the state of your body at least partially made it easier to make the decision to masturbate, as opposed to doing any of those other things?
I didn't submit to my body. I wasn't even horny, why do you think I'd use lotion? I could get it up either way it was just a short cut. I decided to do it.
>Are you prone to procrastination?
Probably.
>>
File: Ebay.png (9KB, 560x247px) Image search: [Google]
Ebay.png
9KB, 560x247px
>>733655568

Pic: ebay revenue.

I've actually been boostraping business for quite a while now. I own 4 retail websites through shopify (80% is dropshiping). Then I sell one ebay, amazon,and etsy. I actually have a storage unit to keep all my inventory for this places. then I run a simi successful youtube channel. It doesn't pay much, but I can easily cover gas, food, and cell with my youtube revenue.

I think I'm ready for the big time. A brick an mortar business with actually employees. Oh, and you can employ people in mexico for like $15 bucks for an entire day. and this is being generous.
>>
>>733656836
A prize not fought for is not held in significance to some.
I wasn't asking if you were horny. I was asking if your low energy level could have effected your motivation.
If you are prone to procrastination, then could it be possible that your decision was influence off intimidate gratification, in a state of boredom?
Of course, that is dependent on if you masturbate when you are bored,
>>
File: 8QOKgaM.gif (2MB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
8QOKgaM.gif
2MB, 400x253px
>>733642641
>If you were watching a horror movie and seen someone make dumb decisions, and something bad is about to happen to them, do you really sit there and think 'well this dumbass had bad ancestors'. I don't really think you believe what you're saying.
Not that Anon, the everything even in the smallest of ways affect each other, and everything is effected in some way or another.

If your parents let you smoke weed with them when you were 12 instead of sending you to Karate to practice bare knuckle full contact Kyokushin, when you get into a fight at 17 over some teenage girlfriend (or boyfriend) bullshit, sure, you lost because you're a pussy who sucks at fighting, but a lot of things contributed to why you suck at fighting.
The weed increasing your estrogen levels so you're more effeminate and have less lean muscle mass, making you more weak and slow.
Your reaction time being fucked from all the weed.
Your timing sucks because instead of doing sports and karate you sat around smoking weed.
Your cardio sucks because of all the smoke fucking your lungs.
Your cardio sucks because you got high, got the munchies, and ate a lot of food, instead of exercising and doing sports like karate.

Your parents let you smoke weed with them and didn't allow you to do mind expanding things because they didn't go to that parenting class, instead, they just sat at home smoking weed, thinking that they'll just not leave you home alone with shit in your diaper and go out to do meth and break into cars like their parents did.

If their parents didn't do meth, and instead were well educated in child psychology and developing a child to be knowledgeable, intelligent, and driven for progress and success, they wouldn't have smoked weed, they would've been more educated, they wouldn't have smoked weed with you, you would've been to karate class, you would've been fighting over a better girl when you were 17, and you would've won because you're a Karateka who head kick KOs people.
>>
File: 9e74c3_6121147.jpg (165KB, 900x1226px) Image search: [Google]
9e74c3_6121147.jpg
165KB, 900x1226px
>>733641813
Tonight I sit alone in a hotel room.

My fiance was committed to the mental hospital last month, for two weeks. She came out with a pretty severe diagnosis and heavy medication. I've spent most of this year supporting her and caring for her.

My reward has been acid and venom. She hates me, until she loves me. She put $20K in my bank account this week, and today kicked me out.

Everybody in my life is telling me to let go and move on. Maybe I will, this time.

I decided to love. And as a consequence I am in pain.
>>
>>733656860
What you can employ people with is totally different than what you could or maybe even should.
I'm only questioning it because I knew people that lived in spots in mex before they turned into business areas. Area is going to be a lot different when the bulk of people get to be tourists, actually at that point with enough tourists it really doesn't matter where you are if you're surrounded by people from different cultures I'd just go anywhere business friendly that seemed good for my business at that point, because you become part of the shit people blame on destroying whatever was there already that gets negatively effected by the businesses in the area.
>>
>>733657299
I didn't say it didn't hold significance.
I suppose energy could of effected motivation if you put it that way.
>>
>>733657574
How would you best describe it's significance?
>>
>>733657309
LOL, what an awesome kick. And it looks so slow and casual, but deadly.
>>
>>733657309
lol 17 yo karate fighter winning the girl with violence, sounds like a bum. you got some funny memes anon, you watch too much tv. life don't work that way.
>>733657333
Dude she tried to pay you off with 20k? I'd spend that shit trying to do something fun with her. Theres no way you can't find something to buy her to catch her interest with that kind of bankroll. Should be easy to convince her to go do something fun.
>>
>Walking down street
>Rainy day
>Get struck by lightning
>Wonder how I let my life get this bad
>>
>>733657740
I'd say it's quite significant because girls shouldn't have free will and just be automatically in love/infatuated with me.
>>
>>733657823
Yeah, but if you miss, you're fucked.

>sounds like a bum.
Then people are all bums in some places.

>life don't work that way
There's a lot of life out there, outside of your part of the world.
>>
>>733658132
You are trivializing a concept that requires complex understanding of the human psyche. So long as you do that, you aren't going to make any progress with the concept.
>>
>>733658010
The $20K isn't a big deal to her. So I can't really buy her anything she doesn't have.

It would only be temporary anyway. I'd come home with a million flowers and I'd be the best guy in the world. Until tomorrow, when I'm a monster who needs to get out.
>>
>>733658068
Shouldn't have been walking
>>
>>733658290
What you were the one that said people don't have free will. In that situation I'm in agreement.

>>733658375
Yeah you probably don't get it. It's not about buying the best or most shit. Those things are just props. Besides if she was institutionalized it's not like she really knows exactly everything she needs or has some difficulty with doing it for herself.
>>
>>733658819
>girls shouldn't have free will and just be automatically in love/infatuated with me.

That is neither the basis of my reasoning nor a conclusion one who understands my reasoning could draw from it
I am stating that for every decision a person makes, there are perceivable aspects to that situation that lead mathematically to an inevitable conclusion, and should those aspects be altered, the conclusion would be altered.

It in no way argues that people are simple minded and have less mental capacity than simple calculators.
If anything, they are extremely more complex, but consistently so.
>>
>>733641813
By the same theory your life is also the consequence of the series of events in the universe, orb which you are merely an inextricable part. Nothing that happens is deserved or not by anyone because free will is an illusion.
>>
>>733659377
>>733659377
>I am stating that for every decision a person makes, there are perceivable aspects to that situation that lead mathematically to an inevitable conclusion, and should those aspects be altered, the conclusion would be altered.
Yeah that's just common sense, situations change. Mostly they change because people have free will and not just that it's mathematics narrowing down possible conclusions typically.

>It in no way argues that people are simple minded and have less mental capacity than simple calculators.
If you're arguing people don't have free will, that is exactly what you're saying.
>>
>>733659546
You do know you had a choice to reply or not. Just because you felt like it doesn't mean you didn't make the decision to do so.
>>
>>733659713
That's not why situations change.

So let's say you were driving by a homeless man, had five bucks in quarters in your cup holder of your car, and the light was red, and you were familiar enough with that light to know that it was going to stay that way for a minute more.
What would you do, assuming there were no other major circumstances?
>>
>>733660544
I roll down my window and start chatting with them. Usually they'll get uncomfortable and walk away. I worked my fucking ass off for that money and I'll tell them all about how I was busting a sweat doing it.
>>
>>733660952
After the light's turned green, you roll up your window and drive on.

Okay, imagine time reversal were possible. Not time travel. Time reversal. This means that any memories or understandings are rewound as a situation is.

Window gets rolled back down, and up, your conversation never happened, and nothing that you just said is in your memory.

Now, you were driving by a homeless man, had five bucks in quarters in your cup holder of your car, and the light was red, and you were familiar enough with that light to know that it was going to stay that way for a minute more.

What would you do THIS TIME, assuming there were no other major circumstances?
>>
>>733661241
I don't roll the window back up, I turn the volume back up.
I been friends with bums before. They were drug addicts that decided to be homeless. In fact they're a scourge on everyone they came into contact with that was not smart enough to realize it. They'd spend a lot of time talking to me, and telling me things. Literally everyone is better off for not coming into contact with at least that one bum in particular.

>>733661241
>Now, you were driving by a homeless man, had five bucks in quarters in your cup holder of your car, and the light was red, and you were familiar enough with that light to know that it was going to stay that way for a minute more.
I'd roll down the window, mostly keep my eye on them and see if they come up to talk to me. You seem to think I live in an area that doesn't have people begging all over the place at intersections where you stop for long periods of time or something.
>>
>>733661748
Why nnot run him over and kill him?
>>
>>733661748
I predict that despite that time thing Anon was talking about happening 1,000 times, you still won't run him over with your car.
>>
>>733661748
That's fine if you live in a place like that. This isn't a difference scenario than the first. It's literally the exact same one.

You do understand that I rewound the scenario, and so you would be presented with the exact same one? That this isn't a separate event?
>>
>>733662175
>You do understand that I rewound the scenario, and so you would be presented with the exact same one? That this isn't a separate event?
Yeah I been in that scenario multiple times. It depends a lot of they're right there in talking distance or not. I'm not going to raise my voice and start screaming at some beggar out of no where. There was a time when I should of been standing there begging for money instead of wearing my fucking body out to earn money. Most beggars and homeless people are no where near as bad as some of the pieces of shit I knew. If they wanna talk, talk is cheap. If they want a hand out they should at least come up with something good to say.
>>
>>733662567
>If they want a hand out they should at least come up with something good to say.
>parents killed by ninjas
>need money for karate lessons to get restore honor to my family
>>
>>733662567
Okay, so lets add to it, to get a refined answer.
They are close. Right next to the car.
Would that change your first answer?
>>
>>733662734
It probably would change my answer. I'm probably never going to consistently do one thing. I might not be in a mood to talk. A lot of those beggars weight a lot more than me, if they're not in a wheel chair or something I might try to steer the conversation toward why they have a much higher body fat % than I do.
>>
>>733663364
Fine. Further refinement:
They are in a wheel chair. They are skinny. You're listening to your favorite music and have had a good day so far.
Adding that, what would you do?
>>
>>733663494
Feel for my pistol to double check it's available.
>>
>>733663666
Okay, and after that? Play out the whole scenario, till the light turns green, and a few seconds after that. (Essentially till it's over)
>>
>>733663841
I suppose I might say something like "I dig your wheels, a lot of ladies go for a ride like that?"
>>
>>733664227
I'm going to bed soon no point in bumping.
>>
>>733664237
Okay.
Rewind time, back to before you stopped at the light. You pull up at it. Its red, you have the same amount of money, same situation, same guy, same span of time.
Same situation.
What do you do differently?

At least answer that before you sleep. At least we will be on the same page as to how you think.
>>
>>733664237
If you would do nothing different, why?

If you would do something different, why didn't you do it the first time?

At least think on that yourself. If after a few hours of thought it doesn't convince you, then ok. Don't worry about it. We think differently, but please at least give that some thought.
>>
>>733653127
Props. That's about right.
>>
>>733644427
nice trips dude
>>
>>733664604
It doesn't matter how I think. I started the thread because I didn't like what I was thinking, it was an intrusive thought, instead of thinking it over myself it's easier to see if someone could change my mind. Instead of having to argue against thoughts I could more easily rationalize in a way that isn't in my own self interest.
>>733664935
Because I don't like repeatedly doing the same routine and habit without a purpose. Even some of those things I tend to stop and think why I do these things. A lot of the time I don't like doing things repeatedly, especially if it works I want to think another way to do it. It's like when I tell a joke, if people find it funny I don't like going around telling it to everyone, someone else is going around telling it. People already heard it before, it's old. I just want to come up something different. It's too easy to keep doing the same thing. I use to know some people so well it was kind of like being around a broken record the way they'd go around repeating things to different people. Some people just get to see a different side of me sometimes. It is what it is.
>>
>>733641813
One word: Biology.
>>
>>733665793
but in this scenario, everything is rewound. Each time is the first one. This has nothing to do with repetition.
>>
>>733666221
Sometimes I like repetition now that I think about it, it depends on what I'm doing. When it comes to interacting with people, if you walk down a hallway and see someone like 3 or 4 times in a row, do you say hello every single time? Do you nod every single time? You're going somewhere maybe have stuff on your mind, you were not really expecting to run into this person and have a conversation off the top of your head. It's extremely repetitious. I'm not just going to do something random for the sake of being random, but I'm probably not going to do the same thing every time. Maybe I'd ask him if he knows where a homeless shelter is. I really don't see the point in these questions. If anything I'm convince more than ever free will is a thing.
>>
>>733667149
Except that if you do something different, you do it for a reason. Like you said, something on your mind. If they are fatter than you. How close they are to your car.

You don;t do the same thing every time because its a different scenario.
IF you were able to rewind time, with everything reset, and no memory, you'd do the same thing you did the first time, because there were reasons you did it the first time and those reasons haven't changed.
That is completely different than dealing with similar but not exactly the same scenarios, because each one builds off of the experience of the last.

It is that you've had a previous experience that changes what you do that time.
If you cannot understand that then I do not think you understand how cause and effect work.
>>
>>733667862
>It is that you've had a previous experience that changes what you do that time.
>If you cannot understand that then I do not think you understand how cause and effect work.
That's not true though. When I think of a situation and approach it I'm aware I have decisions. Even if everything was reset and all conditions were the same, I won't always do the same thing. In fact when I think about when I do the same thing a lot of the time the only conclusion I've come up with is you have to be your own change to do things differently if you want to break the cycle. You have to make a decision though. Life would be much simpler if you didn't have free will. Cause and effect can play a cause but I don't think it's always a deciding factor unless people decide they want it to be.
>>
File: 1495673022846(2).png (359KB, 564x767px) Image search: [Google]
1495673022846(2).png
359KB, 564x767px
>>733641813
Your life is a series of random acts of uncontrollable variables of your previous uncontrolable choices, if you're life sucks its not your fault and it might even get better just move forward don't stand still.
>>
>>733668826
"You have to be your own change yp do things differently."
"I am aware I have decisions."
All of these things effect how you make decisions. Without them, you'd be a different person.
Otherwise, I can just say that you do not understand what 'i am trying to say, or you do not understand physics, or both.

You said you needed to sleep, so okay. I do too.
The world is not so chaotic as you make it out to be, but I had to come to this conclusion myself. There's probably no way to help you to come to it unless you do it on your own accord, so good luck anon. Should I forever be the only person I know who thinks this way, then so be it.
Regardless, should we never meet again, I hope you live a happy life.
>>
>>733657309
>parenting class
Kek
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.