[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's no proof God exists. There's no proof God doesn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: JESUSFUCKINGCHRIST.jpg (266KB, 897x1200px) Image search: [Google]
JESUSFUCKINGCHRIST.jpg
266KB, 897x1200px
There's no proof God exists.
There's no proof God doesn't exist.

Atheists and religious people are fucking retarded.
>>
Atheisme is a lack of belief. Not a positive claim of a non-existence.

I also lack a belief in the Easter bunny, but I make no positive claim about its non-existence.

Likewise, I am an A-easter-bunny-ist.
>>
File: 1476484117501.jpg (679KB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
1476484117501.jpg
679KB, 2848x2136px
>>733518450
FUCKING THIS FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>733519062
Thank you
>>
Why not believe in god the consequences of not and being wrong are enormous where to believe and be wrong there are no consequences .
>>
>>733518450
odin promised to defeat the frost giants, and I don't see any frost giants around, checkmate faggot
>>
>>733519438
unl;ess you bne;lieve in the wrong one, you can only pick one of the 2 million gods people thinka re real on this planet. what if islam is right? what if the jews are right? what if the indians are right? Your logic is trash.
>>
What a fucking moron! it is normally nothing to prove in non existing thing, the lack of prof of existing should be enough
>>
>>733518450
> It's up to you to prove to me he doesn't
>>
File: 1494093444608.jpg (82KB, 646x652px) Image search: [Google]
1494093444608.jpg
82KB, 646x652px
>>733519438
Wouldn't that be worshipping/believing in god for the wrong reasons? Doing it out of fear instead of love? I want no part of any reality with a ruling class that does so through fear and force, thanks. I'd rather take my chances in hell.

What kind of egotistical maniac demands all people worship him anyway.
>>
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
>>
>>733519438
If someone gave you a million dollars for believing the hamsters talk when you're not around, would you be able to believe it in your heart of hearts?

Offering a price isn't an argument for belief, but for action. You could make me SAY a believed hamsters talked when I wasn't there, but I would never be convinced of it. If pascals wager is your reason for being religious, all you're really saying is that you don't really believe in that stuff, but that you are pretending to on the off chance that you are wrong.

Your God is supposedly all-knowing. So your bullshit wouldn't fool him anyway, so why not be honest with yourself?
>>
>>733520535
God does. What's funny is the majority do worship him.
>>
>>733519062
Actually atheism does have affirmation that God does not exist. Agnostics are the ones who who don't believe and also don't deny.
>>
>>733518450
As an atheist I don't believe that there a no God, I simply don't believe in a God. If you don't see the difference then you are retarded. I dont know there's not a God, I just don't think there is.

There's no evidence either way, so I'll wait for there to be evidence before I decide on there not being, or there actually being a god.

>pro tip, there will never be evidence
>>
File: IMG_0171.jpg (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0171.jpg
57KB, 300x300px
>>733518450
Did you Earth is just a nursery for races of beings to stay in until they evolve into space-bound beings made of cosnscious cosmic ether-light.

Where's your "god" now?
>>
>>733518450
>I exist
>>
>>733520775
Actually you're wrong and the definition and the root of the actual words prove that you are wrong.

Theism or atheism is about belief, Gnostic or agnostic is about knowledge.

I don't know if there's a god, but I don't believe in one. That makes me an agnostic atheist.
>>
>>733520960
keklington
>>
>>733519438
It's amazing how close-minded an American Christian can be. There tons of religions out there that worship a bunch of different "Gods" and I choose to believe in none of them, not just Christianity.
>>
>>733520726
If I made life, I would fully accept its autonomy. The only way I could see a god existing is via the clockmaker theory. All this "he wants us to worship him!" bullshit is clearly just a power and money grab.
>>
>>733520775
No. agnosticism is a statement of knowledge, not of belief.

Atheists, in general, do NOT claim to be able to prove a negative. Obviously, there will be some who will make that claim, but that is not necessary to be an atheist. None of the well-known atheists make these claims, and this includes Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, and the late Christopher Hitchens. They have all simply pointed out that the only logical thing is to lack belief. Atheists, in general, are not the ones making assertions.

What you are reiterating is simply a common theistic strawman made about atheists, in order to equalise the two positions burden of evidence, in order to cover up that the theists can't carry their own burden.
>>
File: 1395625028677.jpg (39KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1395625028677.jpg
39KB, 398x500px
>>733520960
This.
>>
/Occam's Razor
>>
>>733521431
Savage and accurate
>>
>>733520960
Most people would just say agnostic. And maybe that's the definition of the root word (theism) but that isn't how the dictionary defines the actual word. Plus, that's not how I see it used in real life either, the people I know that are atheist firmly don't believe in God.
>>
>>733521858
Not believing in God, is NOT the same as claiming to know for certain that there is no God.

I don't believe in the Easter bunny. I don't claim to know for certain that it doesn't exist. I any case, the burden of evidence falls on the person making the claim that God/The Easter bunny exists. Not the one suspending belief.
>>
>>733519438
The consequences are made up by the belief.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 222x227px
>>733518450
There's no proof the tooth fairy exists.
There's no proof the tooth fairy doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1482263671955.jpg (62KB, 601x491px) Image search: [Google]
1482263671955.jpg
62KB, 601x491px
*tipping intensifies*
>>
>>733521431
I get what you are saying, but atheist is a tainted word at this point (like you said) and when the average person hears the word 'atheist' and they will think that you deny the existence of God automatically.

Definition of a word might not technically change but the populations understanding of that word and the context where it is used can change. So you are 100% right, but the average person doesn't grasp that concept when they hear that dirty word "atheist."
>>
>>733522117
I understand what you are saying and you are totally right. But the average person is misinformed and will almost always see the concepts of atheism that way, regardless of what the true definition is.
>>
File: hitche.jpg (391KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hitche.jpg
391KB, 1920x1080px
>>733518450
There's no proof Superman exists. Tons of literature about him, just like religions. It's just extremely likely he doesn't exist.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You produce god, we'll believe. And even then, existence wouldn't exactly deserve worship.

Till then, people who think Magic Sky man exists look foolish.
>>
>>733518450
Then what the fuck are you OP? a dinosaur?

If so, are you a vampire t-rex?
>>
>>733522617
So what, were supposed to stop using a word because others don't want to learn the proper meaning? If atheist could just all get together and come up with a new word that means the exact same thing, religions would start to twist the meaning (agajn) to straw man the position again. It's not about the word, it's about attacking the idea that you can Do my lack belief in a god without taking a firm stance on knowledge claims.

Don't be retarded, learn root words and tell others they are wrong when they use the wrong word.
>>
>>733522180
I'm using this if someone ever tries to use that argument on me. Thanks
>>
>>733522836
This is why I went in the woods, to medidate and get the mind clear again. And train my SSJ. Now back in our society of sheeple it seems a bit easier while having that little inner laugh. About how my power of truth, the realization of life per sé could cause traumata.
>>
>>733522617
Yeah, and that is probably the result of theists spending decades on poisoning the well, when it comes to atheism. Then making a false dikotomi between believing in God and outright rejecting the possibility of his existence.

That it has been a successful campaign on the part of the theists is undeniable, the very existence of this thread proves that the false dikotomi is going strong. But it is not a correct representation of atheism, and I think that the more people understand what atheism really is, the more will become atheist. Because it is so obviously false that atheisme is based on any beliefs at all. Atheisme is a belief system in the same way that off is a television channel.
>>
>>733523042
This includes atheists and agnostics.

Agnostics who call atheists idiots are the biggest idiots out there cause they probably fall into the atheist category as well if they could understand the definitions.
>>
>>733523061
Pascals wager still fucks it up
>>
File: do-not-want.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
do-not-want.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>733523415
Gods existence not withstanding, this is still the cringiest thing I have read today.
>>
>>733523832
gud cumup
umad?
>>
>>733518450
that's literally everyone. OP is a troll. clever though, considering people fell for it.
>>
>>733518450
Do you believe in God? Good. Shut the fuck up. Don't believe in God? Good. Shut the fuck up. Whatever your beliefs are, I believe that the world would be a better place if everyone just stopped trying to push their beliefs on others.

Islam, are you listening?
>>
>>733518450
Of all living creatures on this planet, humans are truly the most confused ones.

The problem began when someone came up with these shitty ideologies. It's outdated origin explanations.. Monotheistic religions are the most heavy on this. They're entirely scripts which you must "believe".

Also OP your post is good example of the dividing humand mind.

You must ascend from the dividing mentality. Everyone must.

But there's still only 2 genders..
>>
>>733518450
Incorrect. There are many proofs that god doesn't exist, gnostics just do not accept them because they claim that the existence of god cannot be explained nor denied by logic.
Which is a dead-end for discussion - once you deny the existence of logic, nobody can prove you wrong, as each proof is based on logic.
>>
>>733524450
>Of all living creatures on this planet, humans are truly the most confused ones.

You have never run into a Pug, have you?

Those things are fucking retards.
>>
File: ty.gif (2MB, 389x417px) Image search: [Google]
ty.gif
2MB, 389x417px
Sometimes you do not see the word of God.
>>
>>733524981
I am an atheist, but would never make this claim. Tell me: How do you prove a negative? God isn't even probably defined, so how would you ever go about disproving him/her/apache?
>>
>>733519062
You're retarded. Atheism means believing in no god. Lack of belief (general) is nihilism.
>>
>>733518450
Why do you exist?
>>
>>733526497
atheism means the absence of belief for any god/s
>>
>>733526497
Damn Anon, just google the term before you post such nonsense. Nihilism includes the rejection of a foundation for knowing a basis of morality, and the meaning and purpose of life.

Atheists don't make these claims. Going by your loony definition, Hitchens wasn't an Atheist. And neither was any of the prominent atheist figureheads I can even think of, since MAYBE Nietzsche.

Atheism is a lack of belief in a God or Gods. It really is that simple, and you muddying the waters with your definition games won't change the logical soundness of that position.
>>
>>733527070
That's what I said, actually
>>
>>733518450
If there is multiple universes and dimensions then one of them has a god?
>>
File: bottom.jpg (54KB, 655x485px) Image search: [Google]
bottom.jpg
54KB, 655x485px
>>733518450
Have faith
>>
>>733519062
Actually atheism is the rejection that gods or deities exists, not just lack of belief.
>>
>>733527372
Actually I said that about atheism. I just added the definition of nihilism from a philosophical point of view.
>>
>>733518450
I love you op. The existence and nonexistence of god is equiprobable.
>>
yes, maybe talking snakes and unicorns are real... you cant know that, it's beyond us
>>
>>733519438
Pascals wager fag detected
>>
>>733519438
Fuck that Pascal's Wager bullshit.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.