[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me, /b/. My start menu will not work, nor will Cortana.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 2

File: Candy-Cane-Wonderland wet cunt.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Candy-Cane-Wonderland wet cunt.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
Help me, /b/. My start menu will not work, nor will Cortana. I'm running Windows 10. It seems like Microsoft Egde and the Microsoft Store icons are also missing from my toolbar and are not clickable. I will give cam girl videos to whoever can help. Please help. I've tried all the troubleshooting I've found through google and nothing's worked so far.
>>
Does it work in safe mode?
>>
>>733478394
Give me instructions, anon. I'm kinda dumb on this stuff.
>>
>>733478425
Forgot to add, I ran the Start Menu troubleshooter from MS and it said my "Tile database is corrupt." and ""Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly." But did not repair either.
>>
bumppppppp
>>
http://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-fix-windows-10-start-button-does-nothing-in-10-minutes/

Do all 3 steps and make sure you reboot at the end
>>
File: Candy-Cane-Wonderland7f.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Candy-Cane-Wonderland7f.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>733478866
I'll try thanks. If you want the video this and the OP webm is from, here's a mega link for your troubles.

https://mega.nz/#!EkRERCrB!JH5gG7wbTzmJ9strXys5SYcjNHaYcJXBe7NGnH_KV40
>>
>>733478866
>>733478974
Hell I can't even do the second step:

"Right-click the Start button, then Command Prompt (Admin)
If that fails try Press WINDOWS key + X Key and select Command Prompt (Admin)"

Right clicking the start button doesn't work, and Windows key+x does nothing either. :(
>>
Does windows key + R do anything?
>>
>>733479384
yes. I was able to run powershell by using that earlier
>>
As long as you have admin rights on the computer then it should work if you just run CMD through the run box
>>
>>733479504
OK, thank you so much for your help. Want another video? lol
>>
>>733479571
sure !!
>>
>>733479624
you're not him shit head
>>
>>733479644
but still i want to fap
>>
>>733479504
you still there anon? when trying to add the temp users it says System 5 error has occurred. Access is denied.

I'm fucked aren't I?
>>
Not the dude, but that means you don't have admin access which was what the right clicking the command prompt was all about. Does file explorer work at all? Go to C:\Windows\System32 and find cmd manually so that you can right click and then follow the rest of the guys instructions
>>
>>733480451
thank you! doing it now.
>>
>>733480451
>>733480608
when trying to do this net localgroup administrators “TempAdmin2” /add

It says "There is no such global user or group :TempAdmin2."

The first two worked though...
>>
net user TempAdmin2″“password2” /add

The " after the 2 is a typo in the directions. Run that command without that and then try the one that was giving you issues
>>
>>733481414

so like
net user TempAdmin2 “password2” /add

right?
>>
Use local users and groups to verify that the accounts are being created correctly
>>
>>733481574
thank you
the third command worked now. hoping this does it
>>
I have to go to work, I'll check back in 30 min
>>
>>733481741
thank you anon
>>
>>733481741
>>733481757
yeah it didn't work. I got to this step

Double click your way to C:\Users\TempAdmin1\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer

And TileDataLayer did not exist in Local

Fuckkkk
>>
>>733482358
Also, when I log into my main account, all the icons on my desktop flash and then my screen goes black, then they flash again. Then they all come on, except for Microsoft Edge and Store. If that's any help.
>>
bump. Mods, please don't delete this.
>>
>>733478247
download rkill, run it

then run an antivirus + an anti malware
>>
>>733483400
>rkill
will try it thanks
>>
>>733483400
>>733483482
It downloaded some file that I can't run with the name $

WTF
>>
>>733483482
it's simply to neutralize whatever process that the active threats are doing, then you use a combination of an antivirus, anti malware, antispyware

kinda like spraying some cleaning solution before doing the actual cleaning, catch my drift?
>>
>>733483632
that's impossible man it's not a virus you stupid dumbshit

did you get it from bleepingcomputer? Cause if so, you're safe
>>
>>733483698
so it doesn't actually run. I can't open it.
>>
>>733483773
Then whoever is fucking your computer up is holding you by the balls, you'll have to reformat it
>>
>>733483768
got it from cnet. and now am getting it from bleeping, and it works. cnet was safe I thought
>>
>>733483773
can you screen cap your desktop? Just to see how fucked it is
>>
>>733483894
Always get something straight from the source man, should've looked up the software before blindly following my instructions
>>
I had that issue when 10 first came out. A fex updates and it fixed it, runs smoothly ever since. Try updating your shit anon?

Or just reboot. Rebooting usually fixed it for me. Ctrl Alt Del and reboot from that screen (bottom right).
>>
>>733484016
I've rebooted about 5 times.
>>
scanning for malware now, rkill is done
>>
This is what rkill said btw. I think I'm missing a shit load of stuff. Which sucks

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* No issues found.

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* gagp30kx [Missing Service]
* IEEtwCollectorService [Missing Service]
* IoQos [Missing Service]
* nv_agp [Missing Service]
* TimeBroker [Missing Service]
* uagp35 [Missing Service]
* uliagpkx [Missing Service]
* WcsPlugInService [Missing Service]
* wpcfltr [Missing Service]
* WSService [Missing Service]

* agp440 [Missing ImagePath]

* AJRouter => %SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted [Incorrect ImagePath]
* WpnService => %systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs [Incorrect ImagePath]

* vmicrdv => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]
* vmicvss => %SystemRoot%\System32\icsvcext.dll [Incorrect ServiceDLL]

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* No issues found.
>>
Do you have view hidden files turned on? That TileDataLayer directory might be hidden. This doesn't sound like a virus at all but I don't know for sure. Did you have an AV program before this all started?
>>
>>733484280
>Do you have view hidden files turned on?
Yes
>>733484280
>Did you have an AV program before this all started?
No...
>>
>>733484354
don't only run rkil and an anti malware, i said to also run an anti virus and an anti spyware, just for the sake of cleaning the fuck outta your computer
>>
>>733484430
>anti virus and an anti spyware
any suggestions?
>>
did you do something like put it into tablet mode through the action center button near the clock?
>>
>>733484482
antivirus: comodo
Anti spyware: SUPERantispyware free edition

both are free
>>
>>733484512
I don't think so, but I did just notice that I can't get to the calendar when clicking on the clock.
>>
No AV software come on man seriously? Just use Avast in the future, it's annoying sometimes but if you don't know what you're doing you need to have something
>>
>>733484482
btw, i had malwarebytes then when i downloaded Comodo, it detected shit Malwarebytes never did

when i downloaded SUPERantispyware, it detected spywares that comodo didn't

just a heads up
>>
>>733484556
>>733484670
thank you
>>
>>733478247
You're lucky you're better off
>>
>>733484739
no problem, i hope for you that it's just minor dumb virus and nothing worse

Just be safe in the future, internet is like the real world, you gotta protect your back cause you can never tell from appearances what to trust
>>
>>733484512
yeah I can't even click the action center...
>>
>>733485265
if it's not a Comodo or Superantispyware don't find anything, I pretty much need to reformat or something?
>>
press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC
Task Manager opens
scroll around and if you can't find "Windows Explorer":
press "File" -> "Run new task" -> "explorer.exe" -> ENTER
>>
>>733485405
Sorry I sound like an idiot, I've been up like 20 hours or some shit. Comodo didn't find anything btw
>>
>>733485497
I'm not an expert, i just gave some tips that i thought could've helped

also, you never posted any screencaps of your desktop so it's hard to know what we're dealing with
>>
>>733485490
I'm able to get to explorer, I just can't use the start menu or cortana. and my calendar won't display when clicking my clock
>>
>>733485859
My "TileDataLayer" seems to be missing and I can't recover it.
>>
>>733485646
My desktop is fine, it's my toolbar that is fucked. And I can't find Paint to be able to show to make a screenshot.

Thank you for your help though. I am about to give up.
>>
>>733486013
and I can't open Action Center
>>
>>733478247
try this Op
>https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_desktop/fix-windows-10-taskbar-not-working-fix-build-10074/6b13e8b6-b30b-4e80-aa7c-a4a3939195ea
>>
>>733486171
seriously? delete the TileDataLayer folder?
>>
>>733486400
Why dont u try it atleast
>>
Ive had the same thing for a long time now. Easy to work around, i never use start anyways
>>
>>733486492
it didn't work
>>
>>733478247
same here dawg. I cant right click on tool bar icon either
>>
>>733486933
I can do that
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.