[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the confederate statues and monuments

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 36

File: IMG_5767.jpg (174KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5767.jpg
174KB, 640x960px
What do you think about the confederate statues and monuments being removed from the major southern US cities?
>>
>>733190402
dont care good riddance the south will never rise again hillbilly
>>
>>733190402
sounds silly and a waste of time and money
>>
>>733190480
So it's irrelevent even though it's part of American history?

We can get rid of union monuments now too right?
>>
>>733190402
It's about time
>>
>>733190614
The union didn't lose. :3
>>
>The traitors that lost are mad they can't erect statues for their loser traitor leaders
Suck it up snowflakes. You lost.
>>
>>733190402

its like the cultural revolution in china. this can only end one way.

Take ‘Em Down Nola and STAND With Dignity, two left-wing BlackLivesMatter-aligned organizations lobbied Landrieu to go further than just the four monuments. Now, they are calling for the removal of more than a dozen monuments and street names, including:

Andrew Jackson monument in the French Quarter
Charles Didier Dreux monument in Mid City
Abram Joseph Ryan monument in Mid City
Albert Pike monument in Mid City
Palmer Park in the Carrollton neighborhood
Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 in Central City
Washington Artillery Park in the French Quarter
D. White monument in the French Quarter
Confederate Memorial Hall in the Central Business District (CBD)
Confederate flag etching on City Hall in the CBD
Robert E. Lee Boulevard
Walker Street
Mouton Street
Lane Street
Bragg Street
Polk Street
Forshey Street
General Ogden Street
Calhoun Street
Palmer Avenue
Taylor Street
Nichols Street
Meyer Avenue
Slidell Street
Beauregard Drive
Lee Street
>>
>>733190663
It doesn't matter who won or lost, what matters is that the monuments are honoring the American men who fought for their home and country. My 3rd great grandfather died in the Battle of Bull Run for the Confederacy in 1861, so now he's irrelevant?
>>
>>733190858
He stopped being an American and became a traitor when he fought to break up the country. A traitor like him deserves nothing more than a shallow unmarked grave.
>>
File: confederate-flag-1.jpg (17KB, 257x150px) Image search: [Google]
confederate-flag-1.jpg
17KB, 257x150px
>>733190402
Well watcha gonna do about it? I tell you what I did. I got together with my boys and walked thw town yelling white power. Random white poeple joined us and we grew in numbers. Put your money wehere your mouth is.
>>
>>733191008
WHITE POWER!
>>
>>733190994
>>733190994

i suggest you learn some history on who the aggressors were in that battle sir
>>
>>733191083
after the statue the history books are next.
>>
>>733190994
Ok no he was an American because the confederacy was called the confederate states of america, ok? And he was not a traitor, he went to war to defend his home against the invaders and because his home state Virginia succeeded from the union
>>
I'm no white supremacist. I just love history, even the ugly parts. You can't just close your eyes and pretend it never happened. Now, if they wanted to put a plaque nearby or something, that I could get behind. They are taking down a monument near my hometown that has stood for over 100 years. Yeah, I think it's wrong.
>>
>>733190402
I feel like it's an attempt to delete history. The statues should remain as a physical reminder of how far we've come. Imagine if we started removing statues of MLK, it's not right.
Censoring history is wrong, both sides of the story need to be told. After the monuments, they will come for the books.
>>
>>733191351
Liberals love censoring history

Fuck them all
>>
I might be some class of authist, I'm sure I am, but I didn't give a shit about Afghanistan until they started demolishing old buddhist monuments. Trend has continued with islamistic iconoclastism whereever they have power (including france et c)...

TL;DR: Imma sjw snowflake and I find you to be at the level of shit tier islamists.
>>
>>733190402
i'm not a nigger so they don't bother me in the slightest, but the fact that rednecks are getting their panties in a bunch over their removal is quite satisfying.
>>
>>733190994
Secession was ruled illegal. No one actually left. His citizenship was also restored, so fuck you.
>>
>>733191351
Dont see any museums being taken down or books being burned
>>
>ITT: butthurt faggots pretend like they arent crying over something
>>
arks the beginning of a new era of enlightenment that will not only allow us to better understand ourselves, but also humanity's ful
>>
>>733191351
This. It's just whitewashing the past, trying to pretend it never happened. Confederate statues are not an endorsement of slavery, and the people who protest for this kind of thing will never be satisfied. Harvard had to get rid of the title "Master" on campus just to placate these SJWs when it had nothing to do with slavery. Next they'll want to outlaw wearing cotton shirts because it's triggering to black people.
>>
>>733190614
No. Victors write history dumb ass
>>
>>733191523
Should have sent him to Africa with his niggers he wanted so much.
>>
>>733190402
I honestly think that's not cool. Although I'm not a southerner nor do I support the confederacy, but those are still historic monuments. They represent a big part of our history. And history shouldn't simply be tampered with like this. It's important that we preserve our history for further generations.
>>
>>733191721
Ignoring the past is not enlightenment.
>>
>>733191791
100 years ago when they made these monuments nobody had a problem with it, it's the SJW bitch nigger faggots like you who spawned from some white apologists' snatch who suddenly care these days. Fuck you and yes the south will rise again
>>
>>733191936
Kek
>>
>>733191527
Statues are in the same vein as museums. They turn entire cities into museums really, if you think about it.
The issue is, museums and books are the next step. Give it 15 years and textbooks will have little to no reference to the economic plight the South saw when faced with the end of slavery. Slavery is wrong, but you can't ignore the fact that their entire economy was based around farming, and in turn slavery.
>>
>>733190402
"left lane must turn left"
>>
/b/ritfag here.

This seems pretty fucking stupid... I mean, taking them down doesn't change the fact it happened.

Why try and erase something that was integral to your country becoming what it is today?

Is it because it offends people? If so thats fucking dumb.
>>
>>733191325
What dose the monument show? A war or battle or something? Also why are they taking it down?
>>
File: miloBerk2_1_17.jpg (29KB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
miloBerk2_1_17.jpg
29KB, 400x332px
>>733191527
>books being burned
Censorship takes many forms.
>>
The South will never rise again. It didn't rise to begin with. Fuck. If nothing else, leave the monuments as a reminder of their failure.
>>
the Confederacy was right in so many ways. schools will teach you that the confederate states wanted to leave simply so they could keep their slaves, but the truth is the civil war was fought over many different reasons.
>>
Getting rid of these monuments is like the goyim getting rid of the yad vashem and all the holocaust museums because they're uncomfortable with what happened in the past to the jews
>>
>>733192079
hit the nail on the head
>>
>>733190402
Couldn't be happier. Fuckers committed treason by turning on their own country
>>
>>733192079
Yea. Leftists are basically trash in the streets of our once-great cities. Welcome to the conversation
>>
>>733192085
Like most, that particular one is just to honour Confederate soldiers that died.
>>
>>733190402
You are watching history being re-written, is all.

It's how the issue is forgotten, not part of our truth. Fact becomes censored.

Conclusion: winners can lie or tell the truth. But we held on to it for as long as we could.

Now we're all niggers.

Just like that. And slavery never happened.
>>
>>733192242
>fuckers committed treason
How was it any different than the American Revolution? Secession is not treason.
>>
>>733192394
*Confederate traitors
>>
>>733191083

So fucking sick of hearing about how the "north were the aggressors."

The South declared succession after the election of Lincoln, attacked Fort Sumter (A Federal outpost) and Bull Run was an attempt to march on D.C.

South started a war so they could keep their slaves and then lost because they're a bunch of pussies. Deal with it.

An actual trained Military Historian has spoken.
>>
>>733191821
There is a big difference between ignoring the past and removing a monument dedicated to a traitor. People who were more willing to defend the interests of the rich men who owned plantations rather than the core ideals of their great nation.

Think about this. You level a rifle and fire it into a line of your brothers in an effort to protect the KFC guys right to import more niggers.
>>
File: 1396071010363.gif (959KB, 264x248px) Image search: [Google]
1396071010363.gif
959KB, 264x248px
>>733190402
“Do we take down the Washington monument because he had slaves? Do we tear down the White House? It was built with slaves!” Nungesser said. “No one believes this will help race relations.”

I live in baton rouge, LA. New Orleans is about an hour away and they're removing monuments from there.

I don't understand the mentality here. Why spend the money to remove and store monuments. The monuments have to be replaced with something, and that's going to cost money as well.

These monuments reflect real history. They aren't lauding their likeness for their great deeds, they are instead reflective of the real life battles that took place here and shaped the culture and lives of the people that reside here today.

I don't get it.
>>
>>733192079
Pretty much people getting triggered is the problem. Some stupid idiotic fucks here believe that "Hey, all historic things that I dislike shouldn't exist because they're racist and misogynistic". It's important to preserve all parts of our history, including the bad parts. And censoring that same history won't help us at all.
>>
>>733190402
>loses a war
>expects to keeps mementos to immortalize what could have been
>>
>>733192719
this
>>
File: IMG_4953.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4953.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>733192569
Actually very very very fee in the south had slaves, dumb shit. And the ones who did sent their sons to fight the north

The war wasn't fucking fought over slavery, that's propaganda that the bleeding heart bitches in the north tried ti make it seem like. It was about states rights
>>
>>733191936
No one cared then because these back water shitburgs didn't matter. No one saw then so no one cared.

The internet has made it so we can see your continued treason and put a stop to it's display.
>>
>>733190402
it's FEMA
>>
>>733192671
Exactly.
Maybe would should just destroy Germany on that logic... The city I lived in was bombed to fuck by the luftwaffe and I lost two great uncles fighting them.

Germany offends me, I cannot find a safe space while it exists. Triggered.
>>
>>733190402
plz tear down the pyramids cause they represent the enslavement of so manies people
>>
>>733192818
God I hate liberals. Can't wait till the muslims kill you all off
>>
>>733192582
I think you seriously misjudge the average Confederate soldier's perspective on why he was fighting. They didn't know what you know.
>>
>>733192805
A states' right to do what, exactly?
>>
>>733192052
Yet some how life went on without it. And it only took a million dead and a scourge of imported niggers to prove the point.

Thanks for that you inbred fucks.
>>
>>733192394
Well they should keep it. Sure, the confederacy and the civil war weren't the greatest part of our history. But simply removing things like that is just wrong. Those men died not for slavery or simply to keep abusing blacks, but instead died for their homes. And this is how we reward them? By taking down memorials to those men because someone said "Hurr durr hurr durr this is racist and shouldn't be kept. Hurr durr". Fuck the people who think that censoring parts of history like that is a good idea.
>>
>>733193035
To succeed and be their own country? The US did that to England, why couldn't the south do that to the north?

And why is the fight the south fought being discounted from american history like this?
>>
>>733192161
Yeah, you all like to say that. Read the articles of secession, and Jefferson Davis's speech from his inauguration.

They leave no doubt of the primary motivator. Those backwater fucks are no different from the snow flakes in California who want to susceed because Trump won.
>>
>>733192805

Do you know the two major differences between the Confederate Constitution and the original one? Slavery and Succession.

"States Rights" is the centerpiece of a shitload of very horrible apologist history. You can't say "it wasn't about slavery!" when the original declaration of succession was "you elected an abolitionist, so bye!"

Left because Abe was an abolitionist, but this isn't about slavery. What the actual fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>733193486
Fucking "secession" you turdbag autocorrect.
>>
>>733193443
Fuck california. Let them leave

I hope the cartels take over the state and shoot every fucking piece of shit liberal
>>
>>733193212
Secede*
>>
>>733192507
It's different because of the motivation. In the revolution the only control people had was to rebel.

The confederates were born from losing an election because they were wrong.

They made their cause, the rest of the country didn't care for it, so they tried to leave.

If they won they would have fractured every time a large group lost on an issue. There would have been a confederate civil war in 10 years over incest
>>
>>733193486
We left because we weren't even given a voice in washington, the north elected lincoln and basically said fuck you to the south before we had a chance to represent ourselves.

In that case, succession isn't an unfair alternative
>>
File: spacily.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
spacily.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>>733193443
>calls Southerners backwater fucks
>doesn't know how to spell secede
>>
>>733192818
Sorry son try again. I'm no liberal. I'm just a man from a non inbred part of the country, who is forced to see niggers destroying our country day in and day out in the news.

We can hardly blame the niggers, they are animals. But we can blame the people who brought them here, and the people who spilled the blood of their countrymen to bring more niggers here.
>>
>>733192980
At the very least they knew what their political leaders told them. And they made a pretty big deal about slavery in their speeches.
>>
File: IMG_5768.jpg (44KB, 426x257px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5768.jpg
44KB, 426x257px
>>733194168
>>
>>733190402

It's fun watching the snowflake cuckservitard redneck crew chimp out
>>
>>733191132
this bothers me the most

it'll never be enough, they won't stop crying until white paint is banned
>>
>>733193906
Obviously the south was in the right because of that anon's typo.
>>
>>733192961
>"OMG Germany is such a disease, like everyone there was a nazi and gases Jews, the country still being around is a sign of racism. So let's take it down, so racism dosent spread.
>>
>>733190402
censorship wont change what happened.
>>
It triggers endless alt-right online crying which means endless trolling opportunities for me
Pure gold I rate it 10/10
>>
>>733194474
Can you show an example of a country that allows statues to be made of their traitors?
>>
>>733193775

Hey, the Declaration of Secession for South Carolina clearly uses the term "slaveholding states" to delineate themselves, but it's not about slavery, but self determination.

The South needs a fucking Federal government to pull them out of the Dark Ages.
>>
>>733194388
Don't worry, it's just a matter of time till they get it back up the ass. First the shipments and trucks from food plants and manufacturing facilities will stop going to their cities then when they begin to starve we'll go in and wipe out the survivors
>>
>>733193906
Also, I corrected myself in the next post, turdbag. Forgive my lack of doublechecking my autocorrect.
>>
>>733194289
>they knew what their political leaders told them
Yep. They 'knew' that they were self-sacrificing heroes, defending their homes and loved ones from 'northern aggression'. They were hoodwinked into fighting for the elite's financial interests, the same way our soldiers are today.
>>
>>733194388
No, they won't be happy till they start a white genocide and kill all white people because "They're all racists".
>>
>>733190614
It's fine as history. It's not fine in a position of respect.
>>
>>733194668
No, the south was set up just fine. Then the north pillaged and raped their way all the way down to Georgia and then we lost Gettysburg.
>>
>>733194734
Except that "northern aggression" was ending slavery. They knew they were fighting to keep slaves and import more.
>>
>>733194820
"Other colors" better hope they can keep a free society going, because looking around the world, there isn't too much confidence in that.
>>
>>733194611
Wasn't talking about statues of Hitler in Germany, talking the country itself.
>>
>>733194449
Did I say that? No. Just tired of the stereotype.
>>
>>733194611
I bet there's a statue of William Wallace somewhere in the UK.
>>
>>733190402
A bunch of fucking cunts removing from sight what "hurts their feelings".

Nothing more.
>>
>>733192805
Sigh. How many times are we gonna do this "it wasn't about slavery" bullshit.
>>
>>733193775
>We
>>
>>733194820
I love how you miss the irony. Getting upset about removing a statue honoring General Lee and saying white genocide is next. General Lee is responsible for the deaths or more white people than all Muslims and niggers combined.
>>
>>733190402
Bout fucking time.
You lost, black people are actually humans, get the fuck over it you brain dead meat wads.
>>
>>733190723
>only end one way
Which way is that?

Because it seems to me Mao won.
>>
>>733195066
You bet? Or there is?
>>
>>733194724
>Forgive my lack of doublechecking my autocorrect.
I can forgive that. It's having auto-correct active in the first place that I find unforgivable, douche-nozzle.
>>
>>733190614
Na they won, it's the relevant part of history now.
>>
>>733195140
Yea. We
>>
Who cares, if they wanted their statues to stay maybe they should have fucking won. I'm against participation trophies. They can remain in the history books but we don't need statues of a bunch of losers
>>
>>733190663
Surrender last time I checked, is a loss.
Or would you have preffered the whole nation kill itself.
>>
My nigger wanted to try and type a response to this thread since he said it interested him (this is on MY phone -goddamned nigger).
Anyway, he axed me rill nice like, and I said, "Fuck you nigger, you cain't read an' write shiet".

So I just sold his ass to a fat farmer up the road. Hoping he can find a use for him after I shot him for stealing my phone.
>>
>>733194826

Yeah, after attacking Washington D.C at Bull Run. More properly called the War of the Southern Crybabies Who Couldn't Take What They Tried to Give Out.
>>
>>733195261
You funny little man.
>>
>>733195354
The union didn't surrender you fucking retard
>>
>>733192052
So let's not act like it's not the souths fault entirely for not coming up with a better agricultural system....
God you are an idiot I can see it already.
>not seeing the greater issue..... at all.
>>
>>733195357
Here we see a case for southern illiteracy. And I don't mean the "black" part.
>>
>>733195422
>Southern Crybabies

Could you take on confederate soldiers in their prime?
>be honest if you can.
>>
Anyone else not understand John Cena?

Like, come come all he has to do is wave his hand infront of his face, and then people cant see him? Surely if this were the case he wouldn't appear on camera and the WWE would have a nightmare filming him. If I were Vince and a wrestler came up to me and said he wanted to join up but he would do all the fighting whilst invisible I'd tell him to fuck off because its probably just some chode excuse to slack off the job.
>>
>>733195354
>Union surrendered
?
>>
>>733195544
Some faggot with a musket? Absolutely
>>
>>733190858
so where are the memorails for the nazis that fought the communists?
>>
>>733195448
Yes they dead
>see: any history book.
>>
While I don't agree with the culture or cause of the confederate south, I do think it's a shame to see those statues removed. Hopefully they are placed in a museum and not destroyed. Sorry if they already said what they're doing with the statues I haven't been paying attention to the details.
>>
>>733195628
and if all you had was the same musket?

>doubt.jpg
>>
>>733191936
lmao, using SJW and nigger in the same sentence means you're on the side of no one but White Supremists.

you're the reason these bitches are coming down and I hope they turn them into sextoys, faggot.
>>
>>733190402

Surprised it took this long. They lost but refuse to get over it, it's kinda pathetic.

Sadam Hussein's statue was toppled when he was defeated, why have the southern snowflakes been given reprieve? In case their feelies were hurt?
>>
>>733195629
Don't you recall the Nazis kinda sorta LOST WWII hence the point of this thread.....?
>>
>>733190402
its funny how the right people are the same whiny bitches as the left faggots.
>>
>>733191351
Thats precisely what theyre doing, deleting history.

But it doesnt stop there. Im sure youre well aware of the recent shit black people are doing, claiming to be descended from KANGZ, claiming Mozart, was black, claiming vikings were black (in the thor movies, Heimdall who guards the rainbow bridge in norse folklore is called "the whitest of all gods" but in the movies he'sblack...) creating movies like Hidden Figures that showed a bunch of black women in the Apollo space program at NASA... None of that is real, its called "counterfactual history". They are deleting actual history and replacing it with their own made up shit. Young people growing up arent gonna know the real history and they'll believe that vikings were actually black and black women mathematicians got us to the moon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfactual_history
>>
>>733195602
Yep. Complicated scenario but boy it was a Jimmy.
>>
>>733195700
Absolutely. I don't know what badass soldier you're picturing here, but the men back then were smaller, more frail, less healthy.
>>
>>733195798
getting rid of a couple statues doesn't erase history, calm the fuck down white boy.
>>
>>733194912
Again, I think you overestimate slavery's importance in the average Confederate fighting man's motivations. Very few soldiers throughout history have known the real reasons they're fighting.
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 2048x1536px
>>733195544
Check this.
>>
File: Jew Privilege.png (504KB, 540x826px) Image search: [Google]
Jew Privilege.png
504KB, 540x826px
>>733190402
What goes around, comes around... There will be a time when martin luther king nigger statues get removed too. Like Stalin statues were removed... History moves on, and political stances change.
>>
>>733195663
The union was the federal government of the United States of America. They did not surrender because they won the fucking war. The north won faggot, the south lost. Are you fucking parents twins?
>>
Good riddance I say. The South is littered with monuments to dead rebel cunts. The Union was far too forgiving of the traitors after the war. All the Rebellions political leaders and officers should have been executed, as well as a third of the rank and file enlisted men.
>>
>>733195798
But luckily that's just all a bunch of white noise that's slowly seeping into the publics idiotic consciousness....
Oh dear God no.
>>
>>733195910
Die already.
>>
>>733195910
Eat shit nigger lover
>>
Funnist shit ever
>>
>>733195798
So..you're scared of Thor, and Hidden figures. Got it. Is your history so fucking fragile that a fucking comic book can bring it all down?
>>
Soo... update. Just did a term density search on the Declaration of Secession from South Carolina.

The term "slave" appears 18 times. Definitely had nothing to do with slavery though, right fucktards?
>>
>>733195997
Yeah, I'm a nigger lover because I'm not pissing my pants over the threat of HIDDEN FIGURES!?

Are you fucking retarded!?!?
>>
>>733195228
I bet, and turns out there are multiple. Three different ones are the first three hits on a Google search for William Wallace Statue. All in the UK.
>>
>>733195952
You are easily trolled...
I read it wrong responded then decided I was an ignorant redneck today.
Lurk moar faggot.
>>
Niggers be all like, niggin, and a-noggin.
Dayam.
>>
>>733191325
theres a Holocaust Memorial in Berlin. Theres no Nazi statues anywhere
>>
>>733196035
>>733196072
>>733196108
Quit your samefagging faggot.
>>
>>733195919
They lost an election based on abolition. They turned on their government because they lost. If the people had no idea what they were fighting for there would not have been enough public support to rebel
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 300x287px
>>733195863
And fewer teeth.
>>
>>733190402
Don't really care.

But I do love me some southern loser tears moaning and bitching about erasing history. Mother fucker you don't see us naming roads after Adolf Hitler in order to not forget World War II. GTFO with that shit.
>>
>>733195798
>removing a few statues = deleting history
bullshit. do you realize how many books have been written about the civil war? are those suddenly gonna disappear cause a few statues got taken down? if we took down every statue of Abe Lincoln would nobody remember him? you're being way too dramatic
>>
>>733195953
Lincoln was super serious about being lenient with the South, because his main goal was always unity. Harsh punishments would have caused an immediate terrorist problem.

Unfortunately we now have a worse terrorist problem because they think they didn't do anything wrong and they've been given a shitload of bad history.
>>
>>733196272
Fucking obviously 1 and 3 are me.
>>
>>733196035
Mine isnt fragile, thats why niggers and liberals are trying desperately to change it.

Niggers have no history, they contributed absolutely NOTHING to the world. Everything they've done has been with the help of the white race.

Before we landed on the shores of africa, niggers didnt know what a boat was, how to build homes to live in, lived off grub worms and raw monkey meat... They know they contributed nothing, so theyre changing history to make people believe that they werent worthless
>>
>>733195863
A confederate soldier would be bested by today's video game playing, crooked neck bitches staring down into the smartphone of their choice?

>seriously? you can't be.
>>
Do German veterans who fought in WWII get buried with full military honors?
>>
>>733196152
Just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>733196346
>do you realize how many books have been written about the civil war?

Books? What are those again?

We use internets now.
>>
>>733196389
A modern American white man would be perfectly capable of sawing his own leg off with a hacksaw to prevent the gangrene from spreading, that's all I'm gonna say.
>>
>>733196374
And that approach would have worked just fine had Licoln not been assassinated. He was adored in the North and the South would have respected him as he was a Southerner. Unfortunately I believe leniency went out the window when he was killed.
>>
>>733196389
Not the samefag but you have a point. They would have kicked his bitch ass

Cheers.
>>
>>733196301
And they're not talking about monuments to common soldiers or religious things anyway. Just these pedestal'd leaders who are up there to honor them.
>>
>>733195777
I'm not particularly in love with Confederate memorials, I just hate to see people white-washing the past. I think it's important to remember and learn from what came before. If there's a particular statue that seems to be glorifying slavery, that's different, and I won't say a word against tearing it down.
>>
>>733196417
Speaking of germans...
More counterfactual history.
>>
>>733196152
So you're basically saying you realised you were a fucking idiot and just rolled with it because you don't have anything useful to contribute.

Look everyone, the south just rose again.
>>
>>733196122
Well of course they're in the UK you dolt, Scotland is in the UK.
>>
.>>733196572
Nigga I ain't cuttin' my leg off.
>>
>>733196417
Often yes. But a monument to dead soldiers in a cemetery is different than naming a road after Adolf Hitler.

But German Soldiers, the rank and file, are treated as though they didn't control the policies of the government. Sufficiently high-ranking ones were treated differently. But military burial, pensions, health care were still given.
>>
By taking it down they're pretty much admitting it's a symbol of racism, which is hilarious if they're just now taking it down
>>
>>733196346
Also no one is taking down statues if Grant and Sherman. Their memory ensures the southern traitors will not be forgotten.
>>
File: 1493851426081.png (313KB, 4200x2358px) Image search: [Google]
1493851426081.png
313KB, 4200x2358px
if they started this shit in the uk or europe, there would be not statues left anywhere, everyone was on the 'wrong side of history' by todays standards
>>
>>733196782
You're fucking stupid. You're not getting anons point

Are you a nigger or a colored boy or something?
>>
>>733196389
The difference here is, you're picking a stereotype to go against whatever your overblown image of a confederate is.

The question was "could I beat a confederate" and I'd say yes. Basic training alone would put the odds WAY in my favor. These guys didn't know shit about war or combat, they were just a militia. Fuckers couldn't even read.

2017 nutrition, knowledge, training. Yeah, I win
>>
>>733196628
Right on, brother man.
The boys in gray were not to be fucked with
>even if they might have been wrong.
>>
>>733196387

You're a special kind of stupid. Africans didn't have boats? Didn't contribute anything? You realize that just about every part of the world has at one time been the center of human learning at one point or another.

you're literally taking credit for something Africans, Muslims, Asians, and Europeans crafted in a weird continuity.

Check out a book called "Gun, Germs, and Steel." Racism is a horrible explanation for how history played out the way it did.
>>
>>733196782
Enjoy your sepsis, then.
>>
>>733196871
I agree completely. What I mean though, is if you were on a level playing field with said confederate soldier, would you win in combat with them?
>>
>>733196619
Johnson took over. The vice president was picked because he was a deep southerner in hopes of unity. As a result he gave the south almost a free pass.
>>
>>733197020
That is what would happen, but would you want to run around on one leg?

>run
>>
>>733196301
>If the people had no idea what they were fighting for
Gosh, I don't know how to be clearer. I'm not saying that they didn't have reasons, I'm saying that they were false reasons.
The average soldier in Iraq probably thought he was there because of 9/11. Was he really?
>>
>>733196660
When a statue makes a traitor out to be a hero it's not a history lesson.
>>
>>733191325
This
Tearing down confederacy monuments is like pretending that they never happened. History should always be preserved.
>>
>>733197043
Until he narrowly survived impeachment, after which Congress took over Reconstruction.
>>
>>733196329
World War 2 wasn't a civil war.
>>
>>733197096
No. He was there because the man in charge decided that he should be.

(not that "the man", probably bush)
>>
File: 1494700588943.gif (2MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1494700588943.gif
2MB, 384x288px
>>733190402
GOOD RIDDANCE!!
>>
File: gs45asx.jpg (63KB, 623x624px) Image search: [Google]
gs45asx.jpg
63KB, 623x624px
>>733190402
It's a symptom of the US's growing insanity. It should show you the inroads that liberalism has made in the US, and that it is only a matter of time before the constitution is shattered.

People are getting dumber every year. Can you imagine how fucking stupid and useless the millennials' kids are going to be? How gullible they will be and how the media corps and democrats will prey on it?

There's nothing to stop this flood of retardation and pussification. The media corps won't even let Trump try. They'd rather see the US burn than to see Trump make it better.
>>
>>733190607
This. Why waste money dragging down some old statue that no one cares about except the butthurt ones?
>>
>>733197032
What is a "level playing field" exactly in this scenario? You're complicating this so it plays in your favor.
>>
>>733197096
You're being very clear. You are suggesting the average southern soldier didn't have an opinion of slavery and only marched to eat over some other motivation, that you have not even taken a guess at.
>>
>>733197123
Nobody is pretending that it didn't happen. If you want proof it happened come with me to walk the battlefied at Gettysburg, where two of my own ancestors died to put down the Rebellion. It is wrong to venerate the men who engaged in sedition and insurrection. I'd like to see the statues of the generals moved to a Civil War cemetary, that they may be with the men they commanded. But it's inappropriate for monuments to rebels to be in the middle of a major city.
>>
>>733197394
haha dude. Calm down.
>>
>>733197152
No shit, I had forgotten that.
>>
>>733197394
Conservative calling someone else gullible.
>>
File: 1494700669445.jpg (30KB, 678x519px) Image search: [Google]
1494700669445.jpg
30KB, 678x519px
>>733190858
He was irrelevant when he died.
>>
>>733196728
I was replying to an anon who was questioning my statement that there were probably Wallace statues in the UK, so I responded saying that there were. What's the problem?
>>
>>733197408
If you were born in the same time, as a union soldier, based on who you are now, would you have survived the civil war?
>>
>>733190402
why would they put up statues of people who lost? Confederates were trash lmao
>>
>>733197408
Exactly--Obi Wan has the high ground, the Confederate soldier cannot win without a level playing field.
>>
>>733190858
He's relevant to your family, that's about it. Confederates can get a couple chapters in the history books, but statues seems unecessary.
>>
>>733197618
Not him, but statistically yes. The union had fewer casualties.
>>
>>733197484
I often wonder what the country would be like today if Lincoln had not been taken from us before his time.
>>
>>733197179
So your defense is the enemy was homegrown? That;s pretty weak sauce.

I'm guessing you are leading the charge to have statues of Benedict Arnold in DC, maybe get I-95 named to honor Cornwallis?

The loser need not be honored in order to remember what happened.
>>
>>733197394
>blames ideology for problems
>thinks Trump can make it all better

kys

welcome to the real world
>>
>>733196844
Absolutely. Huckleberry Finn couldn't even be self-published on Amazon these days.
>>
File: 1494666081034.jpg (345KB, 2197x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1494666081034.jpg
345KB, 2197x1465px
>>733191008
WHITEPOWERLESS

...because you act of defiance accomplished nothing. The statues still came down.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>733197512
>Trump never lies
>Jew media corrupt everything they touch
>America is under siege by SJW
>/pol/ will save us
>>
>>733197722
Maybe you're right. I don't agree with the "south will rise again" ideology, but I doubt I could go toe to toe with a graycoat.
>>
>>733197821
>I'm guessing you are leading the charge to have statues of Benedict Arnold in DC
Maybe a statue of his left leg, which was wounded in battle against the British before he turned traitor.
>>
>>733197706
Just imagine how much more relevant a man like that could have been if he dropped his weapon and said "No! I will not war with my brothers so can bring more niggers into our home!"
>>
>>733197618
If I was born in the same time? How the fuck should I know. Do I retain my knowledge?

That wasn't the question. The question was could I take a confederate soldier. The answer is a resounding yes. Even IF I was a union soldier, I'd still say yes. Better weapons, better training.
>>
>>733197016
>Africans didn't have boats? Didn't contribute anything?
Nope.

Show me a fleet of african ships at the time white people bought them as slaves... Oh, thats right, you can't. Show me cities created by only niggers that arent just a handful of grass huts... Oh, you cant. Show me nigger scientists that didnt learn off the white man's science... Oh, im so sorry. Show me nigger inventions (george washington carver didnt invent peanutbutter, it was a white canadian vegan who did). Oh no... you still can't.

Want me to continue?
>>
The civil war was crazy man. The country literally at war with itself? That sounds so strange.
>>
>>733195150
Here it is. Here is the dumbest shit I have read all day.
>>
>>733197792
I think he would have taken a light hand with the south too. He wanted nothing more than to preserve the union and move on together.
>>
File: Do It Faggot 002.gif (572KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Do It Faggot 002.gif
572KB, 500x375px
>>733197394
I can't imagine anyone that cares about the symbols of a failed mutiny as being all that bright to begin with. Do yourself, your family, and humanity a favor, get a gun and kill your immediate family, then look at what you just did. Before you do the honorable thing and place the hot barrel of that smoke-wagon under your chin, whisper "maga" into the void one last time and see if that makes any kind of difference to the inky black depths of reality.
>>
>>733194825
this, same reason why we got rid of stalin and swastika and hussein and so on...
>>
>>733198003
Proof.

>pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>733191008
Statues are being removed, good job cuck.
>>
>>733197102
Anything is a history lesson if it makes you think/research/learn. And I still don't agree that secession is treason. Are the Calexit supporters traitors? Was William Wallace a traitor? Depends where you're standing.
>>
>>733198003
Also better fed, despite longer supply lines.
>>
>>733190402
It's retards that support things like this that are consciously destroying european and it's descended history. Not surprising as they're the ones that want to flood every white country with third world immigrants as well.

I hope there is a civil war, it's the whites that enable shit like this that would be lined up and shot first.
>>
>>733190402
Good. It's been 150 years, it's about time we rooted out the last of the rebels
>>
>>733198162
>you're stealing muh freedoms
>you're the cuck
>>
>>733198164
I'd say it depends on the reasons for secession, South Carolina was the first state to leave and they left only because they were upset that Lincoln was elected President.
>>
>>733195150
>General Lee is responsible for the deaths or more white people than all Muslims and niggers combined.

Uh, no, kid. Time to educate yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y
>>
>>733198057
Take the confederate flag off the wall, it's harming your eyes
>>
>>733198338
It's still american history, whether you like it or not.
>>
File: 1494700186961.gif (966KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1494700186961.gif
966KB, 480x270px
>>733191812
It was less about wanting a bunch of niggers around and more about the Gov't taking their stock options if you think of slaves as such.
>>
>>733198140
I gave you proof. Confederate soldiers are less trained, less skilled, less healthy, less capable than a 2017 average man. Not even counting 4 years in the reserves.
>>
File: 76376597.jpg (132KB, 1006x696px) Image search: [Google]
76376597.jpg
132KB, 1006x696px
>>733198122
There are symbols of Nazism, Stalinism and all kinds of Fascism/Communism all over the place
>>
>>733198010
Lol, your ignorance of these things doesn't make them non-existent. I'm not saying they possessed fleets capable of overseas travel, but that's a pretty shitty distinction to make because the only reason the Europeans had them is because they cribbed it off of the Muslims.

One shitty bad delineation isn't a case, dumbass.
>>
>>733191936
>and yes the south will rise again
Not if there's a snow storm it won't. You'll all remain inbred sister fuckers.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 363x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 363x405px
>>733198162
>>733198363

Sorry anon,
I didn't see who you were responding to.
>>
>>733198164
Good thing it is not a matter of opinion but a matter of law. Treason is clearly defined in the constitution.
>>
>>733198378
Why were they upset that Lincoln was President? Did he not let them sit with him at lunch? Oh wait it's because his campaign platform was "No slavery in new U.S. territories and fuck the Fugitive Slave Law"
>>
>>733198398
yep, it's history. It belongs in books and museums, not as a prominent thing to be celebrated and turned into capital building monuments
>>
>>733197441
>didn't have an opinion of slavery
Not at all. I'm simply disagreeing with the anon who declared that slavery was the only motivation for Confederate soldiers. I'm sure they had opinions on slavery, I just doubt they would have been willing to die for that, when so few of them owned slaves.
>>
We should remove all the confederate gravestones, as well.
>>
>>733198463
Maybe you're the exception to the rule. From what I've seen, though, the average American citizen of today, wouldn't stand a chance against a soldier from either side.
>>
>>733190402

NOLA got cucked,
>>
File: 1481431518447.png (157KB, 359x509px) Image search: [Google]
1481431518447.png
157KB, 359x509px
>>
>>733193084
The percentage of slaves that ended up in America is actually pretty small. It's sorta like the jews exaggerating how many died in the holocaust.
>>
>>733198643
From what you've seen is anecdotal.
>>
>>733198463
>Confederate soldiers are less trained, less skilled, less healthy, less capable than a 2017 average man.
Youre goddamn retarded. The average man in 2017 can't even go an hour without air conditioning, access to their smartphone, or starbucks. The average man in 2017 would be fucking rekt by the pussiest confederate regular.
>>
>>733190402
They shouldn't erase history like that.
>>
>>733198614
But if someone/some group of people who lived long before us felt strongly enough to create it, why demolish it now?
>>
>>733190707
Rebublicans can't be triggered as it's a liberal term and liberals are proven to way less intelligent than republicans.
>>
>>733198665
I'll never understand this attempt at lessening human atrocities. "There weren't THAT many slaves" "The holocaust wasn't THAT bad"
>>
File: fagflag.jpg (38KB, 736x529px) Image search: [Google]
fagflag.jpg
38KB, 736x529px
>>733190614
I assume you hang this flag next to your confederate flag, since you enjoy memorializing losers so much.
>>
>>733198730
False, and I gave reasons why. But ok. keep hanging on to a stereotype
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 409x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 409x512px
>>733198563
>The South Will Rise
>pic related
>>
>>733198714
Maybe so, but i've been all over this country, and have seen the degradation of the modern "man" in all forms likely possible. We are a society of weaker men, without a doubt.
>>
>>733190402
Its just dumb and a waste of time and money just so some buttmad fags can feel good over trivial shit. It's fucking General Lee not Mao or Hitler or Lenin.
Honestly I'm kinda scared they'll go for revolutionary war monuments next.
>>
>>733198714
I agree with you, anon. We should set up a controlled, randomized study featuring large samples of modern-day white males and long-dead white males, make them fight each other, and plot it all on a graph. Which peer-reviewed scientific journals do you think we should submit the paper to, after we've completed it?
>>
>>733198812
>Rebublicans can't be triggered
Holy fuck. That's enough internet for me today
>>
Losers don't get statues.
>>
>>733198164
Once the calexit people take up arms to force the action they are traitors.

Now if the moved forward to generate polital support for their cause in an effort to pass a constitutional amendment removing California from the union they would not be traitors.
>>
The conclusion to the war wasn't even that good. Most slaves stayed at the plantations because they had no where else to go. At least they got paid. A MINUSCULE amount.
>>
>>733198963
Or we could just move the fuck on with our lives
>>
>>733198636
Slavery was a centerpiece of a culture conflict that the South perpetrated to motivate their population into the conflict.

How many retards went to war in Iraq even though they didn't know anyone hurt by terrorism? The chance that they could someday own slaves was enough, just like the chance that a terrorist could someday do somethign was enough.
>>
>>733198812
Haha. Really, the demographic that has the highest education and the most money is less intelligent? Where's your tard wrangler? They should keep you away from computers.
>>
File: 1358326320758.jpg (40KB, 420x338px) Image search: [Google]
1358326320758.jpg
40KB, 420x338px
Why do you guys care so much about niggers anyways?
They're literally trash and we'd be a better society without them.
>>
>>733198940
Being all over the country still doesn't equal anything close to a national average
>>
>>733199029
Not to mention how reconsturction was handled. And then the next century of racial issues. And then now with people being ignorant faggots about it all.
>>
>>733198383
Lol it's like infowars the first generation
>>
>>733190402
Soon all evidence of slavery will be gone. When nogs say "we wuz slaves," we can say "Prove it! Where are the statues and monuments to prove it? Lying nogs were never slaves!"

Slavery denying. Should be great for keks.
>>
File: ZomboMeme 21032017101500.jpg (373KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
ZomboMeme 21032017101500.jpg
373KB, 1564x1564px
>>733198010
>Show me cities created by only niggers that arent just a handful of grass huts... Oh, you cant. Show me nigger scientists that didnt learn off the white man's scienc

This is the dumbest, most arrogant, and ignorant list of assumptions I've ever read. This is why no one in the history of ever will ever take you seriously.
>>
>>733198837
Because shit's not that serious. Human trafficking is worse today than it was then and hardly anyone is talking about it. #woke
>>
File: 1453413985392.jpg (94KB, 610x857px) Image search: [Google]
1453413985392.jpg
94KB, 610x857px
>>
>>733199218
So, you think we could match other developed nations? Physically speaking of course, Bearing in mind the obesity rate.
>>
>>733198517
They had nothing, numbskull, nothing but loin cloths, spears and dirt to sleep on. Africans today still can't fend for themselves because theyre too fucking stupid.
>>
>>733198636
But they were and that's why they were fucking morons. Just like people who voted for a billionaire to look out for the little guy today
>>
>>733198984
Hypothetically, what if they withheld federal taxes and then defended their borders once the army laid seige?
>>
>>733199374
Obesity being an epidemic still doesn't affect the national average to a significant degree
>>
>>733198665
They ended up as 13 percent of our population and that's been pretty fucking stable over time.

So it's not a lot of slaves compared to what?
>>
>>733199272
Can't prove me wrong: The post
>>
>>733198591
Heaven forbid that the President try to stop the spread of slavery, and be opposed to a law that forces Northerners to assist with the capture of escaped slaves. Slavery is an abomination.
>>
>>733198807
Because it's on public land and as such we have a right to decide what stays and what goes.

Today we've decided monuments to treason should go.
>>
>>733199208
implying white people aren't degenerates is like implying water is dry.
>>
>>733199579
I hope there are many more people holding out as much hope for the "rest of us". My experience has seen a lot of "pussification" though.
>>
>>733190402
They south lost. They are monuments to failure. America doesn't celerbate losers

And yet we have these group of people worshipping these traiterous losers still 100s of years later and are holding back the country

Time to move on. Tear em down
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x383px
>>733198952
>scared they'll go after monuments to British heroes of the Revolution.

>>733198664
>>
>>733199778
I'm not denying that. But to say that's how it is everywhere, based off of personal visual experience, is just incorrect.
>>
ITT children who have no idea about anything. Thank you public schools, thanks obama.
>>
File: 1481393272723.jpg (44KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1481393272723.jpg
44KB, 600x525px
>>
>>733199745
But isn't the fact that it happened, and we have learned from it not enough reason to leave it as is?
>>
>>733199897
Don't thank Obama, thank the repubs for defunding public schools.
>>
>>733199428
I voted for Gary, but I still prefer Trump to Hillary. And comparing an election to the Civil War is just ridiculous.
>>
>>733199531
Both actions are illegal and out side the political process.
>>
>>733199897
Basically this
>>
File: ann.gif (1002KB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
ann.gif
1002KB, 500x274px
>>
>>733199415
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kingdoms_in_pre-colonial_Africa

A list of fucking Countries, complete with godammned cities. And it's pretty fucking amazing they were able to do it, considering the laundry list of geographical issues that the continent provides. Most domesticated animals couldn't even live in Central of Southern Africa until late in human history because of disease.
>>
File: PicsPlay_1495318398003.jpg (17KB, 360x227px) Image search: [Google]
PicsPlay_1495318398003.jpg
17KB, 360x227px
>>733199607
>Can't prove me wrong: The post

LoL! Of course I can prove you wrong. Why should I bother?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x396px
>>733199755
>>
>>733199985
>illegal
If you've gotten to the point of seceding from a government, you've pretty much rejected their legal authority.
>>
File: 1468653378264.png (94KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468653378264.png
94KB, 1200x900px
>>733190480
No your place nigger
>>
>>733199879
I live in "bible belt" america, where the people are fairly cornfed. But still a lot of the populace appears much less able to hold his/her own.
>>
>>733199745
No because glorifying these people shows a lack of learning.

If you want a stature of Lee so bad to so people can learn. Buy the one they just took down and out it on your lawn
>>
>>733200087
Cant prove me wrong 2: Electric boogaloo
>>
Isn't the underlying question here: "Should we have brought africans here in the first place?"
>>
>>733195150
That's so dumb it made my eyes hurt.
>>
>>733200474
in one of these threads someone said lincoln planned to send them back after he freed them but something happened

regret
>>
>>733200474
I didn't. Did you?
>>
File: f3e.jpg (37KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
f3e.jpg
37KB, 600x560px
>>733200474
no
>>
File: PicsPlay_1495318874602.jpg (52KB, 573x716px) Image search: [Google]
PicsPlay_1495318874602.jpg
52KB, 573x716px
>>733200174
>No your place nigger

No, your place nigger.

> We fucking?
>>
>>733200474
The obvious answer is "no," but it raises the question of "Was it morally wrong to bring them here" versus "Was it more trouble than it was worth/did it pretty much backfire to bring them here"
>>
>>733200646
How much better off would this country be without what dark skinned people have brought to us?
>>
>>733200730
no
yes
>>
>>733191188
His home state, Virginia, which is also the post-capital of said-Confed which hasn't made any fuss to take any of these items down like a statue of Lee that is purposefully higher pedestal than Washington's monument in DC

Yet.

BECAUSE
>>733191527
These statues are in need of being moved to the collections/storage of Historical Societies and other Archival Wings. They are history. They can take a nap for awhile now.

We've proven that free speech, of whatever drive and babble you can find assembled, is available to be consumed or shouted.

So we've got this uncomfortable racism national front thing again and then humanity. You know humans? Humanity? Everyone's got one.

I can't read anymore
>>
>>733200109
Case in point.
>>
>>733199975
Well the stupidity displayed by the south really doesn't have anything on the same level to compare.

But if you can see the similarity between voting and fighting against your own interest, I'm not sure you're able to understand much of anything.
>>
Dumb niggers are just mad because their gibs are on the decline since Trump and Sessions are the new America way of life. Get over it you black assholes. Obonga is gone and no dumb niggers will ever have power again
>>
>>733200730
Oh it backfired. Morally wrong, though? Probably not. We have improved the lives of a great many people who are "dark of skin".
>>
>>733199985
Only if you want to do so through a very costly process.

But the point was the question would it be treason?

The answer is yes if it's done with force out side of the political process.
>>
>>733200161
Yes, but that's not what we were talking about.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.