[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's been a while. Ask a christfag anything. I've been

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 19

File: cross-02.jpg (61KB, 1281x1982px) Image search: [Google]
cross-02.jpg
61KB, 1281x1982px
it's been a while. Ask a christfag anything. I've been out of touch with my faith recently, so I figured sharing it on here would be a little pick-me-up.
>>
I'll answer whatever questions I can to the best of my ability.
>>
Why is your faith right and every other faith wrong?
>>
>>733140859
>christfag

'christian' thread disregarded
hiding thread
>>
>>733140859
catholics are not christians. get that right first
>>
>>733141277
Just like Shia are not Muslims.
>>
>>733141026
I can't really give an objective answer to that, but I simply form it around the basis of believing that my god is the one who saves and that we owe it to Him to trust in Him.
I see other faiths as good teachings of morality in some areas, but never in spirituality.
>>
>>733141277
I never believed that in the first place. I only see Catholicism as a good way to learn fundamentals and lore of what I believe.
>>
>>733141386
>believing that my god is the one who saves and that we owe it to Him to trust in Him.
Why though? What do we need saving from?
>I see other faiths as good teachings of morality in some areas, but never in spirituality.
Why? Why is your spirituality right and their spirituality wrong?
>>
>>733141177
Ok. I can't keep you here, friend.
>>
>>733141516
>findamentals

are you born again? have you accepted the Lord as your Savior?
This is one of the fundamentals catholics choose to ignore
>>
>>733141578
>Why? What do we need saving from?
This goes back to the beginning of Adam and Eve. There was no such thing as sin, only one rule. Don't eat the fucking fruit. And they did. So it ruined it for all of humanity and created a slippery slope from there. God then created the tradition of making offerings as atonement for what they did. This is why Jesus died for us - making any suffrage for forgiveness we would have to go through null and void.
>Why is your spirituality right and their spirituality wrong?
It relates to my previous statement. Other faiths have beliefs that people need to go through suffrage for enlightenment/atonement, while Jesus just told us "Hey. Just tell people what I did and remember to at least try to be a good person. You don't have to be perfect."
>>
>>733141718
I believe I am. I see no reason to disregard Him as my lord and savior. He knows I have doubts, but He loves me all the same for wanting to find truth in them, usually through facts and science (which I actually try to make sense of).
>>
>>733142084
>This goes back to the beginning of Adam and Eve. There was no such thing as sin, only one rule. Don't eat the fucking fruit. And they did. So it ruined it for all of humanity and created a slippery slope from there. God then created the tradition of making offerings as atonement for what they did. This is why Jesus died for us - making any suffrage for forgiveness we would have to go through null and void.
All of this is based on your faith being correct though. How do you know that your faith is right and their faith is wrong?
>Other faiths have beliefs that people need to go through suffrage for enlightenment/atonement, while Jesus just told us "Hey. Just tell people what I did and remember to at least try to be a good person
How do you know that you don't need to go through suffrage though? What if just telling people what you think Jesus did and remembering to at least try to be a good person isn't enough?
>You don't have to be perfect.
This also raises the question: why do you need to tell people what Jesus did? Why isn't just trying to be a good person enough?
>>
>>733142397
>How do you know that your faith is right and their faith is wrong?
This is where assholes come in. Jesus never said to tell people that they are wrong. He said to spread His word and believe in it while hoping others do the same - one of the commandments being putting no other gods before Him. The Word just says that there is only one true god - a source of all morality for lack of a better word. While other faiths share sme of those morals, the founders of those said faiths made discrepancies to fit into their own pleasures/lifestyles and calling it all their own.

I wish I could come up with better words for it, but I just got off work and am tired.

>Why isn't trying to be a good person enough? How do you know if it is enough?
This goes back to the belief that Jesus saved humanity from eternal damnation through their suffrage - the only "offering" a person has to make.

Now when I say suffrage, I don't mean as a means of suffering. Christians will be prosecuted for their faith, refardless. I mean it in a sense of javing a requisite for eternal life.

I hope I'm making sense, anon. I'm sorry if I'm not.
>>
>>733143190
>Jesus never said to tell people that they are wrong.
It isn't a matter of what you say, it's a matter of what you think. Clearly, you think that you are right and they are wrong. Why do you think that?
>the founders of those said faiths made discrepancies to fit into their own pleasures/lifestyles and calling it all their own.
How do you know that they didn't get the morals right and the founder of your religion is the one that made discrepancies?
>This goes back to the belief that Jesus saved humanity from eternal damnation through their suffrage - the only "offering" a person has to make.
Why? Wouldn't it have been more selfless if Jesus had just saved everyone without needing to be thanked for it? How do you know that Jesus actually saved humanity? How do you even know that there's eternal damnation? Why is there eternal damnation?
>I hope I'm making sense, anon. I'm sorry if I'm not.
You make sense, you just aren't answering my questions.
>>
>>733143632
I'm trying to answer your questions. They're really good questions. I hope I'm not frustrating you if it seems like I'm trying to dodge them.

>It's a matter of what you think.
It's not a matter of what I think. It's a matter of what my god tells me through His word. I can't tell people that they are wrong. I can only say "This is what the word says and this is why I believe it.", which is why I said where assholes come in. They have no right to tell people that they are wrong. They only have the right to say verbatim what I quoted. They are not the people who condemn.

>How do you know that they didn't get the morals right and the founder of your religion is the one that made discrepancies?
I guess this is where I talk about His omnipotence. Since the belief is that he is the source of all power and creation, He is timeless, from the beginning of all reality to the end of it, which is why I say he is the source of all morality - He was there before it all.
As far as discrepancies go, for example, Islam was founded on the belief that God's word was relayed to Muhammad through Michael the archangel (if I remember right). Obviously there were people before Muhammed, so what did they believe in before that? The same could be asked for other faiths and their founders, while to my knowledge, were way after the basis of Judaism. To add onto Judaism, I think Mosaic law is rendered null and void because of the sacrifice Jesus made (if I remember that right).

>Why? Wouldn't it have been more selfless if Jesus had just saved everyone without needing to be thanked for it? How do you know that Jesus actually saved humanity? How do you even know that there's eternal damnation? Why is there eternal damnation?
It's not as much as a basis of thanking Him as much as it is thanking God himself for sending Jesus. With the Holy Trinity, Jesus is basically an extension of God Himself, but with a mind of his own - a conduit if you will.
Hitting character limit. One sec.
>>
>>733144782
>I hope I'm not frustrating you
Well you are.
>It's not a matter of what I think
Yes, it is. I am talking to you about what you think.
>It's a matter of what my god tells me through His word.
Why do you think the "word" is from your god?
>Obviously there were people before Muhammed, so what did they believe in before that?
Islam is built upon Judaism and Christianity in a way similar to how Christianity is built upon Judaism.
>The same could be asked for other faiths and their founders, while to my knowledge, were way after the basis of Judaism.
No, but even if that were true, so what?
>It's not as much as a basis of thanking Him as much as it is thanking God himself for sending Jesus.
Why does God need or want to be thanked? Why would there be eternal damnation for those who fail to do so?

You keep telling me what you believe instead of telling me why you believe it.
>>
>>733143190
>>733143632
>How do you even know that there's eternal damnation? Why is there eternal damnation?

The fundamental reason on the knowledge of why there is eternal damnation goes back to the time when Lucifer and a third of the angels were cast out of Heaven onto the earth. There is no concept of Satan's domain. Only the earth. Eternal damnation is when God leaves the world behind for good and sets it all on fire - eternally seperating those lost from Him. Satan's goal isn't to convince others to do bad things. His goal is to keep as many people there to build his own personal army against God, which will fail due to lack of omnipotence.
God creates the lake of fire for those who don't try to stay in their faith and those who willfully chose not to have anything to do with Him. For those who are unknowing of Him, He will give them the chance to believe in Him until the rapture, where he will be present to all of the universe.
>>
>>733145512
>The fundamental reason on the knowledge of why there is eternal damnation goes back to the time when Lucifer and a third of the angels were cast out of Heaven onto the earth
Don't you believe that God created Lucifer and all the angels though? If he's all-knowing, then he would have planned the whole thing. Why?
>Eternal damnation is when God leaves the world behind for good and sets it all on fire - eternally separating those lost from Him.
Why?
>God creates the lake of fire for those who don't try to stay in their faith and those who willfully chose not to have anything to do with Him.
Why?
>For those who are unknowing of Him, He will give them the chance to believe in Him until the rapture
How?
>>
>>733145512
>>733145808
Oh, also, you didn't answer my question once again.

How do you even know that there's eternal damnation?
>>
>>733145219
I really don't mean to frustrate you, man. I just wanted to give answers without being an ass about it. I really hope you believe me when I say I'm sorry that it's upsetting you.

>Why do you think the "word" is from your god?
In Revelation, it says that anybody who changed His word is to be eternally damned, for obvious reason that it would be a lie by the masses and misleading people into doing the will of the person who changed it. If it was/is changed, then those who are unknowing of it are not at fault. They can't help it if they believe that and God understands that.
>Islam is built upon Judaism and Christianity in a way similar to how Christianity is built upon Judaism.
Which refers back to what I said about Revelation and discrepancies.
>No, but even if that were true, so what?
Well that means they would render those null because they weren't the source.

>Why does God need or want to be thanked? Why would there be eternal damnation for those who fail to do so?
Not saying it out of spite. But if I were saved from being on fire for all eternity, I wouldn't mind thanking God for that. The second question would be answered in my previous answer about why it is there.
>>
>>733146199
Since you seem unable or unwilling to actually answer my questions, I'm done here.
>>
>>733145808
>Don't you believe that God created Lucifer and all the angels though? If he's all-knowing, then he would have planned the whole thing. Why?
That goes into the deep discussion about whether or not there is free will. Whether or not you believe in it, there was no such thing as divine intervention when there was only divinity in that time. God only know what Lucifer was planning. He didn't make him do it.
>Why?
I mean, if somebody chooses not to believe in the most powerful being in all of reality, then why have those people around? Sort of like why would you want to be around people who don't believe what you say/do? To answer short, you wouldn't. Neither would God.
>Why?
Same as my previous answer.
>How?
The rapture is when God comes back, letting all of reality know about Him.
>>
>>733141578
fag
>>
>>733146342
I really am sorry for not being able to, man. I hate to have you leave feeling upset.. I really want to and am trying to answer your questions the best I can. Do you believe me when I say that?
>>
If God is within us, then why do we need churches?

Why is God jealous of other man created gods and punishes people who worship some other imaginary friend?

Does a sane man really believe, that during the mass, a simple chalice of wine transforms into the blood of a 2000 year old God?

Do we really need religion to be good people? We couldn't stop murdering, robbing, beating, raping eachother if there was no religion?

A lot of religions say that their belief is the only true way, and that you'll suffer if you believe in something else. Is it what a kind and almighty being would do with its creations? Also, Doesn't this feel like going to the lottery and hoping to win?
>>
File: 1484249163037.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1484249163037.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>>733147833
>OP is a fag: check
>doesn't deliver: check
>>
>>733147833
>If God is within us, then why do we need churches?
Church is basically a congregation for those who believe in the same thing and for those who want to learn about the faith.
>Why is God jealous of other man created gods and punishes people who worship some other imaginary friend?
I answered this verbatim earlier. I mean, if you were the most powerful being in all of reality and somebody didn't believe you and a "fake" person comes along and claims your work as your own, you'd probably get jealous. I know I would at least.
>Does a sane man really believe, that during the mass, a simple chalice of wine transforms into the blood of a 2000 year old God?
That's just a tradition of the symbolism of when Jesus was at the last supper.
>Do we really need religion to be good people? We couldn't stop murdering, robbing, beating, raping each other if there was no religion?
No. But even if it doesn't exist, the basis of those morals had to be established somehow.
>A lot of religions say that their belief is the only true way, and that you'll suffer if you believe in something else. Is it what a kind and almighty being would do with its creations?
I guess that can be answered with my first answer to you.
>Also, Doesn't this feel like going to the lottery and hoping to win?
No. I just like sharing every now and then. The anonymity keeps me from being identified as being "that guy". That, and it feels nice sharing beliefs without conflict. I'll be gone the next day and nobody will have a care in the world. And I'm fine with that.
>>
>>733149061
Sorry. Had to shower. I gotchu, man.
>>
>>733149314
Do you think that we're like ants in God's eyes?
>>
>>733149409
I mean, if He's the most powerful being in the universe, then yes. No matter what his size.
>>
File: 1451449597717.png (259KB, 358x339px) Image search: [Google]
1451449597717.png
259KB, 358x339px
Okay, guys. I'm pretty tired. I've been up for almost 20 hours now and got off work not too long ago. Archive the thread or just keep it up if you have similar questions to the first guy. Glad I could share with you.
>>
>>733149671
Well. I was asking this because if a see an ant nest and start to look at them, I can't make a difference between individuals. They're all the same. If I give them food pieces, they take them to the nest and eat them, yet I hear no prayers or thanks from them. And yet again, if I piss on the nest, I can't hear their pain, I can't tell whether they are begging for mercy or not. Also, back to you previous answer:
>if you were the most powerful being in all of reality and somebody didn't believe you and a "fake" person comes along and claims your work as your own, you'd probably get jealous. I know I would at least.
Like. For reals. you're almighty. Who would care what others think when the person's literally God and can do whatever he wants.
>>
File: IMG_4029.gif (498KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4029.gif
498KB, 500x270px
>>733140859
>>
File: IMG_4030.gif (491KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4030.gif
491KB, 500x300px
>>733140859
Pic related
>>
File: IMG_4031.gif (1MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4031.gif
1MB, 400x220px
>>733140859
How do you feel about the Bible supporting racism, sexism, homophobia, slavery and genocide?
>>
File: cross17.jpg (46KB, 570x768px) Image search: [Google]
cross17.jpg
46KB, 570x768px
>>733145512
>Lucifer and a third of the angels were cast out of Heaven onto the earth.

Not how it happened.
That event is in our future not our past.

Lucifer and his ilk CHOSE to leave Heaven and fornicate with humans. They had powerful and evil offspring so God flooded the area to destroy them. Genesis 6:4
>>
File: 3crosss2.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
3crosss2.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>733146199
That snippet at the end was added by the Council of Nicea. It was not a part of the Revelation of John and is no more valid then Noah's curse on Ham.

Men do not force God to curse other men.
>>
File: IMG_3999.gif (884KB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3999.gif
884KB, 245x140px
>>733151354
>>733151475
>>
File: cross28.png (42KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
cross28.png
42KB, 420x300px
>>733152079
And I am sorrowful for you brother.
>>
File: IMG_4025.gif (914KB, 245x140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4025.gif
914KB, 245x140px
>>733152362
>>
File: cross29.jpg (44KB, 1585x1211px) Image search: [Google]
cross29.jpg
44KB, 1585x1211px
>>733152434
Would if I could.
But I am not the one in charge.
I may know the truth, but I certainly can not change it.
>>
>>733152507
>I may know the truth

religion isn't truthful
>>
File: cross9.png (2KB, 577x800px) Image search: [Google]
cross9.png
2KB, 577x800px
>>733152864
Have I tried to convert you or send you to a specific Church?

Heck the Bible itself says of religion:thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down.

I am not about traditions or men in funny hats.

I speak as a brother.

Never enforcing the law, simply teaching it, and struggling myself to follow it.

Truth stands regardless.
>>
>>733153787
Why haven't you responded to this anon? >>733150253
>>
File: cross19.jpg (341KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cross19.jpg
341KB, 1024x768px
>>733154772
Because it was not asked of me. I am not OP.
>>
Yeap. Have OCD, depression. Had a psychotic break thinking/obsessing about "it all". Raised catholic btw. So instilled with all that "God" is watching you crap, and "God will punish you if" crap as well. Grew up basically paranoid.
Hey, whatever works for the person.

Not to oversimplify; so a child molester has a good of a chance being with Christ in heaven as some joe shmo like myself? If they just believe?
>>
>>733155235
I'm asking
>>
>>733155361
Believe and repent.

You can not actively harm others and expect to be saved.

Actions speak louder than words.
>>
File: cross16.png (2KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
cross16.png
2KB, 241x209px
>>733155466
>How do you feel about the Bible supporting racism, sexism, homophobia, slavery and genocide?

It doesn't mean God supports any of that.

The bible is 70 books written by 66 individual authors. Paul is NOT more of an authority on the "Law" than Christ. Nor is Levi. Get a red letter edition of the Bible sometime.

You would be surprised how little of what it contains was actually uttered by Christ or God.
>>
File: IMG_3997.gif (1MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3997.gif
1MB, 500x200px
>>733155636
>You would be surprised how little of what it contains was actually uttered by Christ or God.
Actually I'd be amazed to hear any evidence that anything in the Bible was from god
>>
File: cross8.jpg (79KB, 908x1148px) Image search: [Google]
cross8.jpg
79KB, 908x1148px
>>733155779
>>733155779
>evidence
That word gets thrown around a lot.

Seems most have no idea at all what it means.
>>
>>733155903
Please provide evidence of anything that is divine.
>>
>>733140859
Are you on Nofap?
>>
>>733150253
>facebook tier memes as sockpuppets
you sir don't even have legitimate opinions
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTdn23C9nA

Jesus didn't come to start a religion, he came to end it. I love John Crowder. Watch some of his stuff on Youtube.
>>
>>733156206
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTdn23C9nAI
>>
>>733151354
So if God was all seeing and all knowing, he should have know this shit was going to happen, so why did he allow this?

And if he did know this was going to happen, this implies that Satan was serving God, but Satan didn't know this.

So Hail Satan.

And if God created man out of nothing, why did he need to rape Joseph's wife to create himself all over again, but as a commie hippie.

Love me or suffer eternal damnation. Sounds like a psycho.

Hail Satan, the bringer of knowledge.
>>
File: divine.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
divine.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>733156076
>divine
>>
>>733140859
Believing is for smart religion for stupid who need to be said what to believe in
>>
>>733155491

There are a molesters in prison who have claimed to have "found Christ and are saved".

Explain.
>>
I'd rather be a king below, than a servant above...I'd rather be free of hate, than a prisoner of love...666

--Anvil
>>
>>733156553

Isn't it free TO hate?
>>
>>733156349
Love me or suffer eternal damnation. Sounds like a psycho.

Absolutely. Then this psycho became man and died for you. The work is done. No human effort is required. See you in heaven bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlpfX--Jt-4
>>
>>733156603
You didn't answer my questions.
>>
File: IMG_3988.gif (1MB, 480x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3988.gif
1MB, 480x281px
>>733156172
>>
>>733156601
It could be...haven't heard that song in awhile....To hate would make more sense, so I think your probably right anon. Thanks.
>>
>>733156704
Obviously God is all knowing. He gave you free will. Don't you want free will? You're not a robot. You choose your own destiny. If God created a peachy cream world where nothing bad happened, why follow him? We're in a shit world and we can either try to save ourselves (which always fails) or rely on the finished work that was done 2000 years ago on the cross. Don't know how to say it more bluntly.
>>
>>733156603
What about the rapey part, you know, of Mary? Why did he need to bust a nut in another guy's wife, if he created everything in the first place? Why not just materalize out of the void? And what the fuck was Jesus doing the first 31 years of his life? Why did he wait so long to reveal himself.
L.Ron Hubbard's story is better....
>>
>>733156953
So he's a sadist, is that what you're saying?
>>
>>733157025
Yes. He's he's either a sadist. psycho, or savior. A sadist or psycho would never submit themselves to the torture of a Roman crucifixion.
>>
>>733157215
He was a Jew killed by Jews. More vile Jew sorcery? Perhaps he was into s/m.
You still haven't answered my question about the rapey part...and the missing 31 years of Jesus's life....

And what's up with Gabriel, coming down to give those sand niggers the Koran? Why wasn't he punished? Was he just pranking them?
>>
>>733157404
I never read about Jesus raping anyone in the bible nor anything bout a Koran.

I do remember Jesus being kind to a prostitute and being critical of the religious pharisees.
>>
>>733140859
I'm an ironic christian
how do you do
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.