[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard to get a job now a days? Is it because I'm

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 20

File: CancerMeme.jpg (16KB, 306x240px) Image search: [Google]
CancerMeme.jpg
16KB, 306x240px
Why is it so hard to get a job now a days? Is it because I'm acoustic? Or is it because America is fucked?
>>
File: bananosElmuchos.jpg (37KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
bananosElmuchos.jpg
37KB, 450x600px
>Is it because I'm acoustic?

Yes. 4/10 for making me reply.
>>
Has a lot to do with where you live and what you are trying to apply for. I've never had any trouble finding a job low income job.
>>
>>733096332
america is literally fucked.everything is outsourced, and internships wants 4+years of experience doing the exact task they assign you to

>litorally found internships for junior/senior students that required 3+years experience using the specific lab equipment of theirs
>>
Something's wrong..... I literally feel like I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel when I try to hire someone. My only real criteria is that they can't be retarded and the need to have some sort of mechanical aptitude.
>>
>>733096789
Being acoustic? Fuck, nigger. Maybe thinking isn't your field?
>>
>>733096332
If jose can get a job so can you.
>>
>>733096332
There are tons of jobs. There are more vacant jobs than unemployed people. If you are unemployed, you are a failure, and a faggot,
>>
Yes, I don't care how amazing you might be. If you're a millenial, you're fucked.
>>
>>733098604
Agreed. In 17 years I've only been unemployed for two weeks and have had 11 jobs. 2 to 3 jobs at a time while I was at engineering school. Op is either a nigger, lazy like a nigger or has impossible high expectations for themselves.
>>
Because companies are constantly hiring unskilled brown people and dumb women to fulfill their SJW quotas.
>>
pay no attention to people who have jobs. they don't know the real job market because they are employed. uncle sam is giving tax credits for hiring immigrant workers, therefore, no incentive to hire American labor. jobs are going to foreigners and immigrants.
>>
>>733099344
this
>>
>>733096332
Job market is fucked. I skipped town when I hit 19. At 21, I had to get a job and kept going to restaurants and stores filling out job applications, but was never hired. Eventually I got a job at a movie theater, because they were hiring anybody then. After a couple of years and a few manager changes later, I got a manager who was a complete asshole and cut my hours. Started sending out resumes to manual labor jobs for more pay and more hours. Nobody would hire me due to lack of experience, until one day there was a local job fair. Finally there was an employer who was taking anybody, so I joined for a few months, until they let me and a bunch of people go after the holidays. That job gave me enough experience to apply to any other manual labor jobs I wanted. Employers want experienced people, but don't want to give the experience. Being unemployed for a long time hurts too.
>>
>>733098131
Jose gets hired because he cheaper than an American.
>>
>>733097600
with over 90 million unemployed workers, i find this hard to believe. have you tried ADVERTISING that you are hiring so people who need jobs can find you?
>>
>>733098604
>>733099265

Disagree. If you got the experience, they will take you. If you are just starting out, you are fucked.
>>
>>733099265
>no social sensitivity
>no interpersonal strategy
>no capacity for empathy

yeah you sound like every other loser engineer
>>
I live in NZ, where the job market is better, yet literally only once in my life have I seen a shop with a sign saying a worker was needed.
>>
>>733096332
Because you have no drive and possibly think a trade is below your bankrupt IQ. Thus no money + depression = soundgarden
>>
>>733096332
>acoustic

Are you guitarded?
>>
>>733096332
no its because of "Made in China"

2.9 billion chinese need a job...
>>
File: a2137787861_10.jpg (141KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a2137787861_10.jpg
141KB, 1000x1000px
>>733100482
>>
>>733100207
Sounds like you want a job for experienced people. Pro-trip: if you have 0 experience stick to jobs listed as entry level.
>>
File: IMG_0181.jpg (27KB, 294x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0181.jpg
27KB, 294x200px
>>733100102
Wow I need to give that a try.
>>
nobody should be required to have a job or money to survive or live comfortably, that's fucking horse shit
>>
>>733100604
I've never seen an entry-level job, except for dead-end jobs where the experience can't lead to a better job.

Seriously, every job that isn't dead-end and should be entry-level still has requirements.
>>
>>733100358
With a job
>>
Just imagine 10 or 15 years from now when every truck driver, bus driver, cab driver, etc is out of work thanks to self driving cars.

You fuckers are afraid of outsourcing, illegal aliens, assorted minority groups, etc - you are being duped into fearing other people who are all about to get fucked in the ass with you.
>>
>>733096332
My company is hiring like crazy, as are other companies around here. We only hire non retard, non lazy tech unix people.

Blue state coastal elite FTW
>>
>>733100816
Sounds like excuses. Any job is better than no job. Once you have a job continue looking until you find one more appealing to you. It's that simple. I started out cleaning toilets.
>>
>>733096332
So im actually certified acoustic. I cant get a job to save my life. People just tell me to get a job. What does that even look like. So if a job is the result, what are the variables? Im a constant for sure. Like how can i force someone to give me a job. Its not just a loaf of bread.
>>
>>733096332
Are you on the artistic spectrum?
>>
>>733096332
it's not
>>
honestly I think it really depends on how people interview, I always get hired and I really think it's just because people like me in the interview and think I'm smart, I think you just have to win over whoever is picking people
>>
>Tech guy here

I could actually probably get any job I want, one of the issues is my salary/benefits requirements

The higher you climb in the field the harder it gets to find top quality high paying jobs

Many sales, solutions, project managers can make up to 200k and the actually engineers doing the work will make barely 85k

That might also be because I'm not CCIE or CISSP

Once I hit that if I chose to do it, I might make it
>>
>>733101913
what skill do you have?
ive worked with several autists, they tend to be smart. socially awkward but most engineers are that way
>>
>>733096332
I failed university (UK), had shit college / school grades. Figured my life was absolute cancer so I went into the Royal Marine's, for 3 years, now im coming out and am back where i started. Find a trade and master it. Im learning Ruby and Python and busting my fucking way into the world of development. Pick a trade and fucking master it. Doesn't matter where you have come from, doesn't matter if you have a degree, all that matters is a portfolio or fucking awesome skills, which everyone can work for. Crush it.
>>
>>733102188
Well, i used to work at NTOC. Now im stuggling getting anything.
>>
>>733100810
Live? Maybe, survive? Maybe not
>>
I was out of work for six years as an adult. Literally no one would take me. Zero experience. Everyone wanted someone with experience. Finally I just started lying on my resume. It worked.
>>
>>733102339
theres a shitton of IT security hiring going on now. have you tried? do you live in a shit place?
>>
>>733096332
Lets make "because im acoustic?" The 2017 an hero.
>>
>>733102339
NOC?

What is your experience? What kind of certs do you hold?
>>
>>733102011
Never did an interview without getting a job offer. Now that I do the interviewing I see why. Most people are complete autists in interviews.
>>
>>733102592
ive cut interviews short before because people suck so much! lol

this is 100% true. interview well and you got it. practice practice practice.
>>
>>733096332
There are a couple factors affecting job availability in the US. The ACA de-incentivizes hiring full-time employees, because it is expensive to provide healthcare insurance. A lot of jobs are replaced by automation, and higher minimum wage laws lead to more jobs being replaced by machines. And where I live, a lot of the available part-time jobs go to people over the age of 65- it is cheaper for an employer to provide Medicare supplemental insurance than full insurance, and the AARP lobbies very effectively so there are tax breaks for hiring people over 65. The economy is rough, it has been 'recovering' for eight years without getting better. A lot of older people can't afford to get by on pensions and social security.

The model of 'work a full time job for 40 years and retire with a pension' is more rare than it used to be. My parents' generation could expect to stay at one job for a career and retire. My grandparents' generation could expect the same. But that model is not realistic nowadays, people need to acquire new skills for new jobs frequently. Some jobs allow for working 40 plus years, but most jobs need people to have a plan for what they're going to do next. And the economics, at least in Arizona, favor hiring people over 65 for part-time work. When I go to the grocery store, the deli staff is all people over 65. And they're mostly not happy about unretiring and working, but they can't afford to not work.
>>
its niggers
>>
File: 1495235214606.png (21KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495235214606.png
21KB, 900x900px
>>733099344
U mad? I'm guessing it may be that your wife got fucked by the gardener because your micro penis couldn't please her
>>
File: 1495235129729.jpg (48KB, 865x526px) Image search: [Google]
1495235129729.jpg
48KB, 865x526px
>>733103537
Kek, niggers don't work!
>>
>>733104165
>They do, my office is full with them
>I learned its a mix though
>Many are just Africans who immigrated to the US in early 2000s and have been here ever since
>Can't really call them that I guess
>They might be black, but they work hard, dress well and are pretty cool to work with
>>
>>733096332
I'm 51 and I'm here to tell you, snowflakes, making a living is easier than ever before. No, you're not going to get a lifelong union job at the factory with a pension and three weeks of vacation. But holy fuck - get some skills. It's a gig economy. If you can do anything at all, you can get work. Work at making income, not having a job. Check gigs and remote work. There are a million things out there. You've got time to be online camping on this fucking site but you can't use that time to find work and quit being a useless eater? Come on, children.
>>
>>733102040
Oh no only 85k a year how do you even fucking survive
>>
>>733096332
Try Uber?
>>
>>733097600
Be more specific about the position you are hiring for, the rate you are offering, and the general location the work is at (ie city)
>>
File: IMG_0202.jpg (35KB, 510x379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0202.jpg
35KB, 510x379px
>>733105053
>>
>>733104484
Examples. Please.

Its always easy to find work if it costs more to do the work than the amount paid
>>
>>733096332
Hate to break it to anyone who hasn't been paying attention for the last 25 years but this is all a collective effort by wall streets largest to suppress the value of working class labor.

That's right. Through things like outsourcing, offshoring, temporary immigrant workers, tax incentives, loop holes, payroll tricks (like salary swindling), and just plain old firing multiple workers in favor of driving one worker to the point of insanity.

These large companies have pushed the government (who is basically their friends behind the scenes) to devalue every worker to the point where it makes more sense (on paper) to immigrate someone temporarily or open up loopholes for temporary workers (so they don't pay you benefits and cap your week at 37.5 hours).

This is the tip of the iceberg however, as ever higher entry level requirements effectively knee cap any college graduates hopes of ever landing a well paying or long term job.

Add to this the ever increasing cost of living and you've got yourself a pressure cooker...
>>
>>733098604
This
>>
Continued...

Add to this the continued tax breaks and hopscotch tax havens that the wealthy use to shuttle money out of the country. The ever increasing cost of healthcare for the boomer generations (it accounts for 1/3'ish of the budget).

Reduction or elimination of benefits, moves for deregulation, inflated salaries of executives, etc...etc...etc... This doesn't even take into account automation and advanced robotics systems taking over most workers jobs in the next 20 years.

It's all starting to rear its head though as big time department stores like Sears, JC Penny and such start to fall apart under their own weight and mismanagement. Wall street is effectively killing itself in slow motion. It won't be long now before we head into another crash as markets generate more bubbles (check out the DOW for fuck sakes).

This is a shit show of epic proportions. 2008 is going to be a joy ride compared to what is coming down the pipe.
>>
>>733102530
>>733102554
No certs. Worked there while i was in the army. Kinda sucks because i have no qualifications though.
>>
>>733106341
Just wait then. Some foreign temporary worker will take your job soon enough. Sorry to say.
>>
>>733106434
>implying i have a job to take
>>
>>733096332
yeah probably. I never have problems getting jobs when im actually looking. Also had a few off the book jobs which in my opinion are harder to look for but easier to get. Infact I have a followup interview this monday.
>>
Basically it's harder for you to get a job because it's an employers paradise right now. They can pick and choose from leagues of desperate workers on the brink of starvation. They will take ANY job and they will do more work than they would have otherwise just in order to not be let go.

Speak to people in HR departments who are bloated with resumes and applicants scrambling for work. Meanwhile they play these fucking head games with the tests and nonsense questions.

It's hard because we're being made to be desperate. This desperate climate in the work force creates driving forces that allow the wealthy to further extract value off the top of every worker in newly realized profits. Ie. If your product/service can't generate new value due to competition, take it from your workers.
>>
>>733102011
>>733102592
This tbh
>>
>>733096332
> be me 18 yo
> want to start an education as a paramadic
> have my own flat and no family ( even no parents)
> have no money for the driver license
> noone wants to give me a job without a license
> the welfare state doesn´t want to help me
> deal with speed and pot
> have no perspective
>>
File: 1476856961114.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1476856961114.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>733096332
>Why is it so hard to get a job now a days

It's not. Lower you fucking standards. You aren't going to be making 20 dollars an hour for your first job and you wont be making a decent wage until you get work experience or a masters.

We hire about a dozen people a month here at walmart simply because about a dozen people a month quit. They figure they would rather not have a job than to have a job paying .09 cents higher than the state minimum wage.
>>
>>733096332
Either you have no marketable skills, or have no idea how to market your skills.
>>
>>733106919
This ignores cost of living and the fact that many are on fucking food stamps despite working at walmart because they are unqualified to work anywhere else.
>>
>>733107091
Great. They qualify for Government Assistance and get money for food and other benefits like General Assistance.

If they are unqualified to work anywhere else and they are surprised they are getting paid MINIMUM WAGE then they need to either seek out opportunities to better themselves or seek out a noose.
>>
What's also hilarious is that people will continuously blame each other if they can't find work, not the employers and their bullshit. Or whether or not most jobs provide a livable wage considering the cost of living.

But no, let's just blame each other and give a leg up to rich people so they can fuck us over even further. LOL. The deck has been so far stacked against most people that most people are now conditioned to attack anyone who doesn't have a job as a lazy, worthless shit.

Back in the day my pops dropped out of school, got a job almost immediately, worked his way through a trade somehow and ended up buying a house. All while never having been to college or university. Got paid overtime and had enough money to live a comfortable life. That is all a fantasy today and he's gone now so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>733100010
You are not worth more than anyone. If jose can put rocks on a pallet for 9 dollars so can you.
>>
>>733107313
So the burden then falls on the tax payer because some company has bullied the government (they are one of the biggest employers in america) to not have to pay a livable wage.

I'm not sure you understand that this effectively means they have found a way to socialize the costs of running their operation by involving the government in their loophole. Meanwhile they are reaping the profits privately.

This just proves again how fucking duped people have become. If I created a company and asked the government to supply me with capital to finance my payroll they would laugh me right out of the place. But if Wally World does it, somehow everyones cool with it. Mmmhmm... okay then.
>>
>>733107622
And that's fine, if he's a legal citizen and his papers in order to work. If not, he's working illegally and the government should crack down on it. But they won't. Illegal labor is providing a huge boon to many employers currently (and for decades now) in businesses that are directly benefiting people in high places who are invested in them.

The average joe citizen now has to compete with Jose for the same job even though he isn't legally entitled to work in the country.
>>
The unemployment rate in the US is 4.4%. To put it in other terms, 95.6% of Americans are employed. That's insane. At least 10% of Americans don't deserve jobs. There are plenty of window lickers and mouth breathers that realistically have no purpose other than to suck up resources. I wouldn't hire at LEAST 10% of you fucks to wash my car, let alone doing something slightly more complex, like making fucking food for people and trusting you to not get people sick with your booger picking cum milkers. Frankly, I'm sickened at the level of (in)competence that's expected, nowadays, but you're what we have to work with for cheap labor and we're reeeally scraping the bottom of the barrel when we get to nearly 96% employment rates.
>>
>>733107674
Where do you work then anon?

Did you also bust your ass for a decade doing trivial work to finally get enough experience to rise up within a company? Or did you take out a huge loan, studied art history, then came online to bitch about why people wont pay you 30 dollars an hour for your useless degree?
>>
This is America. Superlow minimum wage and the top relaxes and see the money flow inn. Why is it not a revolution in america against this. Workers work, eployers get payed.'
>>
>>733107995
That is precisely the Us V. Them mentality that most dunderheads have been infected with. The divisive message has been used again and again to push attention away from government and big business' cozy relationships onto the working class who have been continually getting the shit kicked out of them.

Effectively, we're working against our own interests. Because we're stupid and easy to manipulate.

You talk about employment figures as if they're the entire story. Meanwhile that doesn't exactly say much about how many of those jobs are temporary, part time, full time, etc. If 90% of jobs are part time or temporary you'd still think things were just peachy. But it isn't.

Also, the degree to which people do their jobs is a factor of their education and the incentive they receive in exchange for their labors. Ie. If you buy product A and it does nothing for you, you wouldn't purchase it. But if you have a worker and you try to milk them dry of their energy in exchange for pennies, they are still expected to perform like a race horse? Really? What's their incentive?

People need to give their heads a shake. If you're not a multi-millionaire with at least 10 million liquid then you're really just a working shmuck like everyone else. And that means you're at risk too.
>>
>>733108034
Firstly, i've had dozens of hard working jobs. I've never put that above anyone. I've worked for more than a decade in those positions. So no, i'm not going to be taking any of your bullshit today thanks.

Secondly, I am in private enterprise, not the labor market. I think you have to have stockholm syndrome to work in most places these days as we are not being given an equitable trade for our time or labors.

Thirdly, i'd advise you to take the wool off your eyes and realize that if you are part of the working class then you are standing side by side other workers just like you. You are all fighting for better wages and fair working conditions. If you are not, then you are allowing slavery to gradually come back into effect. I make no exaggeration about that. You really have to be brain dead to fight against your fellow working class to support the wealthy who are fighting against you.
>>
I envy the people saying they can't find work here...

>Felon and SO.

If you aren't both of these, you guy's got it in the bag. I fucked up my life, and I'm paying for it. Go out and get a job, I've been looking for work at all kinds of entry level jobs. But I mention SO or Felon and I'm kicked out quicker than I can say thank you. Fuck all my IT goals. No high level business will hire me.
"We need you to handle sensitive information from our clients" "Oh you're a felon? Nevermind, peace."

You fuckers got it lucky, stop complaining.
>>
>>733109185
I wouldn't wanna work with a sex offender either
>>
>>733109185
Felons have their own set of problems and employment challenges. But that alone does not nullify or make believe the problems the general population faces in gaining equitable employment.

Your argument basically boils down to those up hill, both ways stories.
>>
I hope someone in this thread can tell me i'm full of shit btw. I hate the way things have been progressing but I don't see them changing any time soon, possibly ever.
>>
>>733109676
you're probably not though
>>
>>733109801
But I want to be. The reality of these horrors make it hard to sleep at night. Knowing we're all getting fucked and the wealthy are laughing all the way to Monaco with their 40 million dollar yachts.
>>
>>733105859
25 years? Try almost 40. Ever since the late 70s, the Neoliberal economic consensus has been commoditizing labor, liberating capital, replacing wage growth with credit growth, and trying to fight inflation like it's 1923. We patched the system up after it finally imploded in 2008 but no-one, not in the US or Europe, has a fucking clue how to fix it.

>>733106190
Is right. We only survived 2008 because the US and UK had credible state actors willing to step in and at least address the acute problem. Next time; not so much. When the system goes boom again...invest heavily in petroleum jelly.
>>
>>733109939
feels. we will have our day, anon. for now, we wait.
>>
>>733096332
It's definitely because you're acoustic.
>>
>>733108523
I disagree. People are overpaid for the amount of skill they can legitimately put into their work. I don't trust the average person you even drive their cars properly. It's crazy to think that a person that cannot pay attention in traffic, or that will do something completely selfish and stupid on a daily basis while operating a dangerous piece of equipment should be the one serving me meals. I get that you think the big bad corporations are out to get you, but they're overpaying at least 10% of people considering the inferior product WE receive.

I'm not at risk because I'm skilled enough to outcompete at least 50%. Maybe you're one of the idiots that really shouldn't exist.
>>
>>733109970
You are absolutely correct in that this has been going on probably since the new deal 1913 but i've only been alive long enough to pay attention during my own struggles. I've watched these effects rollout over time and what pains me is that most people are blissfully unaware of what it all means. You see it happen and you wonder if it's YOU who are taking stupid pills because nobody else gives a shit.
>>
Get a call center job. They hire anyone with a pulse, and are usually easy money as long as you can put up with the verbal abuse from customers. Do a half-assed decent job with a half-assed decent attitude and you'll probably get promoted quickly.
>>
>>733110073
Let me pop your little bubble real quick because you seem kinda full of yourself. Listen brosky, you depend on countless people every day of your life to continue to exist. Let me show you just a few of them:

Truckers - Ship goods to stores
Clerks - who cash you out at the supermarket
Stock Clerks - Who put inventory on the shelves for you to choose from

That's not to mention...

Sanitation workers - They take your trash away so you don't have to worry about it. Imagine if they disappeared... how much shit you'd be left with.
Construction Workers - Who built your house
HVAC Workers - Who installed the equipment that keeps you warm/cools you.
Chinese Laborers - Who provided probably every electronic device you own to play with
Restaurant Staff and Cooks - Prepare and host you at a restaurant when you just can't get it together for lunch or dinner. Don't act like you've never gone to a restaurant.
Children in Bangledesh - Who assembled and stitched your clothes that you wear everyday.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. You are not special, in that you think you are strong and stand alone and provide every value upon yourself, by yourself. You are part of society and dependent wholly on its doing well. If society fails, guess what pal, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>733110073
>I'm not at risk because I'm skilled enough to outcompete at least 50%. Maybe you're one of the idiots that really shouldn't exist.

This is the funniest shit i've ever read. You think you're a unique snowflake and can't be replaced. Oh you're adorable. When a robot comes along that can do your job 100 times faster than you can, guess what muchacho, you're out on your ass. And when you go around looking for the same job, whatever it is you do, you'll find others have replaced that job entirely with automation. And what then? The breadlines.
>>
>>733102254
This. I'm an good electrician and it's amazing how in demand I am.
>>
>>733106708
This seems super true.
>>
>>733111305
Gravy train won't last forever. Hope you continue to see demand though. Good to know people are doing well.
>>
There's work. You just don't want to do it, mainly because you're an entitled brat with no backbone.
>>
>>733102254
Be prepared to take unpaid internships then. Experience means more than your thirst to prove yourself. There are MILLIONS of educated people out of work right now who are dying to get jobs to prove themselves.

I wish you all the best Anon. But realize that it's going to be brutal to find work in a lot of cases. You may get lucky, however. I've watched everything in IT go from boom to bust in very short order and then sort of recover a bit... IT's nothing like it was in the 90 or early 2000's.
>>
>>733111568
Another blamer. Blame the victim buddy. I'm sure he's never tried writing up a resume or applying himself/herself. Yup, just another brat looking for a handout.

Hows the weather up there on your high horse? Hope it's sunny.
>>
>>733111794
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_mentality

This is a surefire way to resign yourself to being a loser for all time. I would recommend against it.
>>
>>733096332
Going to apply to subways tomorrow lads, wish me luck.
>>
>>733111996
No, I've been through the shit already bud. Life is hard for a lot of people, but it shouldn't be as hard as it's become. I've watched a lot of people dedicated themselves to a company and in the end get fucked hard. Loyalty doesn't pay shit these days.

I hope you're doing well. And if you are, I hope you realize there are many out there who are not. And instead of blaming them and treating them like they're retarded, maybe they're just falling on hard times. Have you never fucked up once in your life? I doubt it. Otherwise you might just be a special snowflake who hasn't had to endure some suffering in life or you're too comfortable and haven't challenged yourself.
>>
>>733112084
I hope you get the job Anon. If that's what you truly want.
>>
File: 1492588132569.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492588132569.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>733107902
you know you can apply for those same jobs that jose applied for, of course you won't accept that job because they're hard labor jobs that no legal citizen wants. so just shut the fuck up and stop making baseless excuses.
>>
>>733111996
It's easy to point fingers anon. Harder to realize people have a problem and try to lend a hand or fix the problem.
>>
>>733112333
Except you aren't in HR and don't know what they're looking for. If you're a line item expense (payroll is an expense for employers) and they find a way to minimize that expense by hiring someone illegally, then it doesn't matter what your qualifications are. You will be passed up and your resume shredded.

Maybe you've never been told you're "overqualified" for meager positions.

Also, your aggressive and decidedly non-analytical demeanor makes you sound like kind of a mouth breather. Mouth breathers are quick to anger due to lack of oxygen and energy. So they have to quickly jump to attacks to feel superior as a means to win the argument to themselves rather than debate an issue.
>>
Depends where you live. I live in Sioux Falls ther are lots of good paying jobs. It's a good town small 250,000 people but winters are brutal.
>>
File: 1479182359152.jpg (41KB, 540x361px) Image search: [Google]
1479182359152.jpg
41KB, 540x361px
>>733112531
>Mouth breather

a trump supporter calling someone a mouth breather. that's rich.
>>
It's getting kinda desperate in this thread. I want someone to prove me wrong and tell me that getting a job is easy so we can all put on your job helmets, slide down into our job canons and blast off into job land where jobs grow on jobbies.
>>
>>733112185
Life's tough for pretty much everyone, save a few. The difference between those who are successful and those who are losers is mentality, not status. Calling yourself a victim, blaming the government/corporations/Jews/immigrants, and accepting defeat completely saps your will to do anything productive. That makes you a loser and makes it easier to convince yourself you're anything but. The poor guy, the one down on his luck and falling on hard times, is not a loser if he takes responsibility and actively works toward bettering himself.

I've been there and the best day of my life was realizing that I am completely responsible for my success or failure. There were no more excuses and no more people to blame other than myself. And it was great because now I knew that I could do something about it. When you're a victim, you have no control and you don't even try. When it's your fault and you know you got yourself there, you know you can fix it.

>>733112343
Exactly. You'll never get better advice than what you're replying to.
>>
>>733112677
Jokes on you, i'm not even American. HA! And in no way would I be ever voting republican. Maybe if I had a hundred million in the stock market and a few million in liquid capital. Maybe i'd vote republican for the tax breaks.

Otherwise, yeah, voting republican is equivalent to lacing your own drinks with cyanide.
>>
>>733099944
needing job experience for manual labor? fucking brutal.
>>
>>733096332
im 28 making 90k a year and never been unemployed. feel bad about yourself. get an education you nigger
>>
>>733112718
Yes this. I showed up in Sioux Falls with 500 dollars and 10 year old car with 150,000 miles on it. Now I am married and live quite well
>>
>>733112718
I agree with your first part. However, you don't seem to understand how stacked the deck is against most people. I understand very well that one needs to work and take action in order to achieve anything. But you don't seem to realize not everyone is a he-man, conan type warrior person.
There are minorities and people with disabilities and other issues which make them weaker and easily preyed upon.

You are really only seeing things from your own perspective. I urge you, anon, to broaden your mind a bit and see it from the weakest link in the chain. WE are only ever going to be as strong, collectively, as that weakest link. If that means a homeless guy who gave up on life 'cause he felt fucked by the system, maybe we need to help that guy get on his feet instead of kick him on his toes and tell him to just stop being a bum.
>>
>>733112084
You need to apply to at least 10 jobs per day if you want to secure something soon.
>>
>>733100816
2 years experience required = no experience required and entry level
>>
>>733112847
Subway literally tried to push for a way for them to introduce internships for "sandwhich artist" positions in the UK. I'm not sure they made it happen but they tried.

INTERNSHIPS.... for minimum wage jobs. The mind boggles.
>>
>>733104294
>office
>niggers

Pick one
>>
>>733113058
Try 100 jobs a day and then try for 3 months and get fucked around by interviewers who are being choosy, because as I said, it's an employers market not workers. They can toss your resume for anything these days. In most cases it's just because the formatting in the automated system didn't like your formatting and didn't pick up any of the keywords HR was looking for.

"Too bad lowly worker, you didn't magically read our minds. Our program tossed your resume and we didn't even look at it. Oh well. Better luck next time."
>>
>>733113043
Yes this my nigga
>>
>>733096332
From what I've gathered by talking with people from all over the country, it's mostly the area. Where I live literally everywhere is hiring and its been like that for a couple of years now. Other people I've talked to have the complete opposite. No one is hiring and when they are it is almost immediately filled back up. Yeah it sucks but that's how it is really.
>>
>>733113123
I forgot to mention that was UNPAID INTERNSHIP... for a "Sandwhich Artist"

Oh joy, where do we sign up? LOL. Fuck sakes do you people not get it yet? We're getting fucked... FUCKED.
>>
>>733113299
If you dont tailor your resume to the buzzwords that are find-able on a simple google search you dont deserve to be hired
>>
>>733096332
>Or is it because America is fucked?
America moved most manufacturing elsewhere. Only job creation is McJob service industry jobs or mind destroying office work.
>>
>>733113123
Yeah but there its called The Underground
>>
Oldfag here 43. If you have tattoos on your neck nose ring eyebrow ring lip ring expanded it here first thing tattoos on your neck nose ring eyebrow ring lip ring expanded Ear piercings. It's not fair and it is very discriminative but if you have any of these once they see you your resume goes right in the garbage.
>>
>>733113043
>you don't seem to understand how stacked the deck is against most people

Except it isn't for the simple fact that you're not that special. You're not that important and nobody cares enough about you to single you out and deny you opportunities. There are definitely racists and bigots out there but few hold any real sway and fewer still are moved to actively oppose your advancement. There'll always be someone somewhere that doesn't like your face. As for the disabled, they're part of the small group that often can't advance through no fault of their own. There will always be those people and we should absolutely help them.

Good news is that you're able to overcome virtually any opposition by simply being good at what you do. No one cares enough to make your life difficult if you're reliable, professional, and competent. No business owner is going to shoot themselves in the foot and kick out a skilled worker because they're not a huge fan of his skin colour. Make yourself in demand.

I urge you to dump that victim mentality that is draining you. Especially the nonsense that we are only as strong as the "weakest link." If that's the case we literally would not have made it this far as a species. It would have been impossible to survive.

Most importantly, you need to understand what is being said here. It isn't possible for you to say you agree with the first part and then say " maybe we need to help that guy get on his feet instead of kick him on his toes and tell him to just stop being a bum."
>>
>>733112847
>Entry level job
>Need 5 years experience
This is so common.
>>
>>733113475
Ie. If you don't magically read their minds, you don't deserve to be employed. LOL. Don't forget to put SYNERGY in your resume. I'm sure it'll go well when you're looking into upper management.
>>
>>733113406
Youre fucked, I have a job
>>
>>733113541
No... I meant the restaurant not "The Tube" as it's known.
>>
>>733112531
Places that hire illegals don't have HR, they have men in their 30s working hard every day without complaining. i used to work with illegals when i was 17 because that's the only job i could get.

You can blame your problems on others because its easy to. OR you could just get a job along with Jose.

Trust me there wont be any HR to turn you down, they will just ask if you can be there tomorrow. Try learning a little about the topic before you go spewing your opinions everywhere.
>>
>>733113548
I don't think most north american businesses discriminate against that these days. Good way for them to get sued. As in, a lot of people I deal with regularly have those. It doesn't effect their ability to get coffee or work on a computer.
>>
>>733113599
One wouldn't expect to find such deep and well-written thoughts in this shithole.
>>
>>733096332
Industrial mechanic here, and yeah it's hard to find serious offers. Same jobs stay posted for months, replý with resume, no response. When I do land an interview, hiring manager spends whole session trying to talk me down on salary.
>>
>>733113607
Because they seek resumes for upper management, not track record or references.

Are you stupid? Thats exactly what you do if you want a real job like all these pleebs are praying for.
>>
>>733113299
Well yeah you need to hit those keywords to get through the system. I've done it and so can anyone else. It's not a walk in the park either since you have to carefully word your resume according to the job description of the job you're trying to secure. Applying to 10 jobs per day with your resume carefully crafted to fit the job descriptions increases your chances of securing a job more so then blindly applying to 100 jobs.
>>
Getting a job now is a BITCH. Only got mine because persistence interviewing at the same company a dozen times for a dozen positions I was more than qualified for, and pure luck.

I've interviewed several people since then and they're fucking potatoes, the fact they didn't give me the job the first interview still pisses me off when THIS is what I was competing with.

If you have a job, pay off every debt of every type, and pay off your house as soon as posible. The next great recession is soon, and you don't want to be caught with your pants down. If everything is paid for and the bills are next to nothing, and you have some cash set aside, you can survive the next recession as a NEET until it blows over if need be.
>>
>>733113705
They will find another reason say they didnt hire you, but its probably the main reason.
>>
>>733113599
Again, I think you're missing the point Anon. It could very well end up being your daughter who ends up having a problem gaining equitable employment in future. Could be your grandma. Could be anyone.

I have no victim mentality. I do pretty good for myself because I take action and take personal responsibility. And it is not nonsense about the weakest link in the chain. Chains break, it's a simple model to comprehend. The reason chains can break and we don't all starve is because society continues to function.
>>
>>733113604
Should read...

"Entry level position. Requires PHD and 47 years experience. Must be able to do these 29 things that we pulled out of a hat. We also need you to be flexible and take calls from us whenever we want you, like in the middle of the night on a saturday.

Pay commensurate with experience... like we need you to have all that experience 'cause otherwise we'ere going to pay you in arby's coupons"
>>
>>733100482
Lololololololol x'D
>>
1. theres always work in sales.
2. there's always work in sales.

can't you fkkers sell anything?
>>
>>733113613
You have a job RIGHT NOW. You will not have a job in future. Unless you're part of management or are so integrated with the workflow or process that the business cannot literally function without you.

Otherwise, get that resume handy. You talk like you've never heard of the word layoff.
>>
>>733113607

lel CEO resume.
>>
>>733098799
That is real millenial thinking there.
>>
>>733113705
That's true my Fag. But getting coffee pays shit. If you are a computer wizard then none of that applies. But if you were in anyway shape or form in front of people it does. And these are the jobs that pay well. And with as many applications as there are for most jobs good luck proving discrimination
>>
>>733113696
It's not an opinion, it's statistics. There are roughly 11 million according to this article released this year....

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/06/us/politics/undocumented-illegal-immigrants.html
>>
>>733098799
Nah, boomers will start to die at their desks and positions will need to be filled. Who is fucked is all of us when everyone is thrown into positions they cant handle because they have no experience and are trusted to run important parts of important companies.
>>
>>733113757
Todays it's industrial mechanics, tomorrow its' some other industry. It's all the same. It's been happening for a while now. Even in IT it's happening. We're in a race to the bottom, people. THE BOTTOM.

Food for thought. Raise your hand if you've taken a pay cut to keep your job (since 2008).
>>
>>733113767
Do you even WORK in upper management?
>>
File: off-to-work.jpg (10KB, 367x401px) Image search: [Google]
off-to-work.jpg
10KB, 367x401px
>>733096332
Plz be b8,
>not embracing the NEET lifestyle choice
Plz stahp.
Do you really want to be a wagecuck slave beta faggot like pic rel8ed?
>>
>>733113604

The "minimum requirements" are there because they hope to attract applicants who have that experience. If they manage to attract one person who has 5 years experience who is willing to work entry level, then they hire him because he will make the, look good and will require much less training and supervision.

If no one with the "minimum requirements" applies, do you think they just leave that job position open indefinitely, perpetually waiting for that naive, experienced person to apply? How long would they have to wait? 5 years? Do you think they'd leave the job open for even a year waiting for that golden employee to send a resume when lots of inexperienced people are interested and applying?

They will pick the best applicant from the available pool for the job. This person may have 4 years of experience or none at all. Anyone who doesn't apply to a job because of "minimum requirements" is cheating themselves. The minimum requirements are literally only there for a more experienced and reliable pool of applicants. It does not mean you are not considered if you have no experience.

Contrary to popular belief, most companies hire this way.
>>
>>733113914
>job more so then blindly applyi
Yeah, until they get sued. Like I said. I'm sure they pulled that shit with Black people and other minorities until the lawsuits started coming in and they changed their tune real fucking quick.
>>
>>733100010
If an immigrant without an american education who can't speak english can take your job maybe you dont deserve that job.
>>
>>733113926
It may very well be one of them. And while that's quite the sentiment that pulls at the heart strings, it doesn't change the fact that they have the power and ability to better themselves. Who it happens to is of no consequence and an appeal to emotion will not change that.

Perhaps you don't, but you're perpetuating it. Especially with that last part in your last post.

Society has collapsed repeatedly throughout history and across the globe yet we haven't all starved. We made it through long periods of their being virtually no formal society whatsoever due to our perseverance and dedication, not our reliance on others when there were no others.
>>
>>733111794
Writing a resume doesn't do shit of you're unqualified and have no contacts. If you're really hard up, join the military and go active duty/reserves. Both are a good way to network jobs and get paid for it, so long as you're not a grunt. They'll pay for certifications, degrees, and you'll usually get a security clearance and have the DoD contractor work available to you once you're out.
>>
>>
>>733114297
Am computer wizard, still applies. It applies to every job on earth. It all has to do with greed and human behavior. If there is an advantage to play, then business people will play it. It's simple leverage.

Workers tend to have fuck all to leverage, businesses on the other hand.
>>
File: IMG_1254.jpg (828KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1254.jpg
828KB, 1512x2016px
>get cdl
>become garbagebro
>...
>profit

cdl companies will hire fucking anyone you pleb
>>
>>733114702
Kek
>>
poo piss urinal sex
>>
>>733114507
No, but ive worked or interned for 3 fortune 500 companies. Nearly everyone in upper management was promoted to that position inter-company. The rest were poached from either competitors (that had a non comp agreement or was bought out) or were brought over from an unrelated field.

I did not apply or submit a resume for my current role. Its management, albeit not upper, but no one submits a resume to apply for a VP position.

Stop talking about something you know nothing about you poor fuck.
>>
>>733114604
This is an artifice though. It creates an artificial problem, and makes sure they never find their candidate so they can bitch at the government about how everyone "doesn't want this job" not that their requirements are bullshit. Then they go hire someone out of country on an H1B Visa and every citizen can go fuck themselves apparently.

There should be a law...
>>
>>733114702
Quotas, faggot
>>
>>733110800
I can obviously be replaced where I am, but I won't be fired from the military any time soon, considering I'm making rank the fastest in my year group. I'm 99th percentile in my field, and I can be 99th percentile in other fields. I'm smart, skilled, and flexible. I'm also not afraid to move or travel for work. Most people cannot bring themselves outside of their little fucking bubble and wonder why they can't just comfortably get a job, but haven't tried job recruiters, applying across the country, leaving the country, etc. There are always options, you just need to think of them, or perish to people like me. I will be fine.
>>
>>733114633
Good luck proving it. And affording the legal fees.
>>
>>733096332
It's because your retarded. There are plenty of jobs or start a business.
>>
>>733114717
That is so profoundly ignorant I don't know whether I should comment or not. Are you ASKING for society to collapse and shift the tide to anarchy, because that's how you shift the tide to anarchy.

Ie. Society only works if people think they're getting a fair deal. If they feel like they're getting fucked... well let's just say pitch fork stores do really well in those times.
>>
I'm on disability. I don't have to work ever again. But my wife has been looking for a job for a year now. No luck.
>>
i gave up hunting for a job. now i learned programming and trying to work gigs while building a portfolio.

if i ever make it i'll try to hire some people without experience like myself and fresh college grads.
>>
>>733096913
If shit wasn't outsourced everything would be more expensive.
>>
>>733114742
Not everyone can work in the fucking military. I have friends who are military, they love it. They dont' know what else they'd do. But to suggest people just up and join the military is laughable. The military is bloated enough as it is.

We need people to PRODUCE things not find ways to blow shit up.
>>
>>733097600
Zip recruiter. A lot of people are looking for McDonald's cashier jobs there
>>
>>733114633
It doesn't work that way. If they have 300 applicants they will find the best employee. That is without tattoos on the neck piercings in the nose eyebrow etc. Especially if they have to deal with the public. That's not my choice that's the way it is.
>>
>>733115345
Are you dumb? Most important inventions, including the one youre currently using to post, no matter what it is, were made possible because of technology discovered on government contracts.
>>
>>733114342
>Slightly more than 30 percent own homes. Only a tiny fraction has been convicted of felonies or serious misdemeanors.

Literally almost a third are homeowners and the number keeps growing slowly.

More than half have been here longer than 10 years and have citizen family members

there is practically nothing incriminating about that article, it practically just states facts that happen to be good. You have pretty much made no point other than Jose has a 1/3 chance of owning a home wile putting rocks on a pallet for 9 an hour.

Like i said before, there are plenty places that will hire you if you walk up and ask. Just like they hired Jose.
>>
>>733115242
>If shit wasn't outsourced everything would be more expensive.
everything like houses and and going to the hospital?
>>
>>733114990
Poor fuck hahahaha. You think you're a super star, but yet here you are on 4chan. Aren't you just lovely. More power to you. Keep reaching for that glass ceiling.

Also, non-competes should be fucking illegal. All it does is allow giant companies to fuck people out of getting a job. Why anyone would agree to that is beyond me. Ie. once your business relationship expires then you are free to work for whomever the fuck you want.
>>
>>733115179
>Are you ASKING for society to collapse and shift the tide to anarchy

No, absolutely not. I don't mean to be rude but I mean it when I say you do not understand what you are reading as this was not even hinted at.

Most of human history has seen brutal subjugation of the many by the few. Most people have lived and died knowing damn well that they were not getting a fair deal. No, it did stop working at all. It evolved to what we have today. Not perfection by any means but the absolute best that has ever existed in history with more individual freedoms and opportunities than ever before.
>>
>>733115542
By civilian contracters. In the military we don't add value to the economy we just allow it to exist.
>>
>>733115109
Cool. You've got it all figured out then. Nobody can stop you. Heh. You're the first person in all of history to not have this problem.
>>
File: 1431374152926.jpg (110KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1431374152926.jpg
110KB, 670x424px
>>733096332
Anyone here have to pretend to look for a job to get payments?
>>
>>733115112
Except that many attorneys who fight those sorts of cases do so in exchange for a piece of the settlement.
>>
>>733115018

I think this is unrealistic for most companies. The fact of the matter is that they need the position filled (unless it's a fabricated position, but for shits and giggles let's assume it's a legitimate position). I don't know that most companies are interested in playing grab ass with the government in order to hire illegals who work for cheap.

I'm sure there are companies doing this but I think your average HR manager is more interested in filling the job, not attempting to trick the government into letting them hire illegals. It doesn't make him look good to his superiors and corporate managers aren't involving themselves in entry level hiring and enforcing some attempt at keeping the position unfilled.
>>
>>733096332
do you really want to sell your time for money ?
be a slave to someone?
give yourself a job man, there's SO much you can do its absurd
freelance is the way to go

neet to get started? check, for example, "precious plastic" on youtube
>>
>>733115242
You mean like it was before it was outsourced? Do people even think before they type? Come on Anon, surely you're smarter than that.
>>
>>733115179
>Society only works if people think they're getting a fair deal

So how does it work today?
>>
>>733115615
Yeah my life is pretty awesome. You really should be jealous. Im 28 by the way, to make you feel worse about yourself.

Also, many companies dont actually enforce the comp clauses. Its more to prevent starting up your own business using the clients from the former. Also, California legal system refuses to enforce them. Not that i live there, but for what its worth.
>>
>>733115542
So by that notion, everyone should work for the military... so we get those juicy discoveries? You mean like Arpa/Darpa Net? Those kinds of things?

You speak of this as though there have never been any worthwhile discoveries outside of the military. The only reason half this shit gets "discovered" is due to unlimited budgets and the threat of WAR. In peace time, nothing really gets done.

I hope i'm wrong though. Name something that was discovered, wasn't privatized or classified and made public through the military in the last 20 years.
>>
>>733100506
/thread
>>
>>733096332

The actual lack of jobs. There are more people in the US than ever before, and fewer jobs *relative* to the number of people than ever before, due mostly to automation.

It'll only get worse, as automation *is* necessarily the future of.. most jobs. Manufacturing has already been hit by it. Food services is currently being* hit by it. Soon, non-specialty medical services and clerical services will all be automated too.

It sucks. My advice: go into programming. It's free to learn, and nobody cares if you have schooling or not.
>>
>>733115718
Thats true, the army core of engineers is fucking useless. But i wont complain about the spending and the taxes from it, cause they let me have a computer in my pocket i can watch porn on.

If they didnt blow up the bombs, they wouldnt need to buy more, then the domestic manufacturing plants wouldnt make more, then no one would have a job. Killing sand people keeps our country running.
>>
File: wew.png (86KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
86KB, 500x353px
Get a entry level job in IT
>>
>>733115644
The last time civil society failed America was born. You're talking about hundreds of years ago.
>>
>>733115775
Yes you can call it American cancer. You are the reason America has not been great for a long time you can thank Obama. Kys
>>
>>733115813
Because you hear about that so often.
>>
File: livenlyf.jpg (365KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
livenlyf.jpg
365KB, 750x725px
Master race loggen in
>>
>>733115851
Uh, Google and Microsoft do this. Aside from others. You think they don't have recruiters internationally searching talent pools to leverage them domestically? Give me a fucking break.

If I was a scum fuck, that's exactly what i'd do if all that mattered to me was money. And i'm kinda retarded. Imagine what kind of shit these think tanks cook up and then multiply it by a million.
>>
>>733096332
We're in a transition period. The world is far more interconnected than it was 50 years ago. Nations are no longer generally self sufficient and we are dealing with the fluctuations that come with outsourcing and mass immigration. The changes that mass shipping has on a local economy when goods that were once produced here are now produced elsewhere at a lower cost. Rapid advancements in communication and technology are also completely rewriting the books when it comes to economics.

Things will settle when we are no longer competing for low skilled labour jobs with some of the world's poorest just as they did when we stopped competing with those using the newest technology from the industrial revolution. What you can do for work will change and many things will simply be eliminated, but what remains will be more balanced when the prospect of working does not involve being completely outclassed by someone in a different time zone.

Unfortunately, your standard of living will drop. Thankfully, you won't be alive to see it happen.

So there's that.
>>
>>733113043
fuck the minorities, they got a leg up with BS affirmative action
>>
>>733116051
It doesn't. And less so by the day. You see all those protests? They aren't coming out of a vacuum.

If you think you're getting a good deal because you're a good person or whatever the fuck. You haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>733116180
"The only reason half this shit gets "discovered" is due to unlimited budgets and the threat of WAR"

Proving my point that War has advanced technology to the point i can have porn in my pocket. As a white american male, its worth it.
>>
>>733116337
And it can't happen again?
>>
File: 1495062305818.jpg (14KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
1495062305818.jpg
14KB, 220x236px
>>733116340
>I am Australian
>was born and live in Australia
>I am the reason America has not been great for a long time
>I can thank Obama

K den
>>
File: 1491659125794.png (42KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
1491659125794.png
42KB, 960x886px
>>733097600
>>733100102
>>733105053
>>733115383
>Lost job one week ("S.H.")
>Get new one on vacation time
>Have sex and get high
>Pays better
>Motivated to work
>Physical/Mental stimulation
>>Implying this wasn't already a second job for a week
>What is Final Form
>eventrying
Craigslist motherfuckers
>>
>>733116102
You speak as though i'm in a personal competition with you, or that I know you personally. Firstly, I don't care how well you're doing. It doesn't effect me, but while we're on the topic I hope you are doing well. It's good to know that people are doing well.

However, at 28 you SHOULD be doing well, if history is anything to go by. The problem is a good chunk of 28 year olds are still living in their parents basement. That's why you should be concerned. I doubt they choose to be there.

Also, if you are in the circles you say, i'd imagine you pay attention to the markets somewhat? Do you not see the volatility and the eroded buying power of people in your age group? Does that not concern you at all? Or are you more of a "fuck you, i've got mine" type?
>>
>>733116639
>The reason chains can break and we don't all starve is because society continues to function.

>So how does it work today?

>It doesn't

So why aren't we all starving?
>>
>>733116296
Uh... do you not know what the countries domestic GDP is?! That's what keeps it running. You know, people making shit. Killing people in other countries is a political/power/posturing play.
>>
>>733116340
And yet people don't seem to notice when large corporations stash their otherwise taxable wealth off shore so the IRS can't grab it. Do you know how many trillions are stashed offshore? Or how about them bailouts? Corporate welfare is something nobody seems to mention when people want to bitch about stuff like that.
>>
>>733116615
Uh... it's not just minorities there bub. It's everyone. Again, unless you are super rich I suggest you pay more attention. Your social security check is on the line.
>>
>>733096332
Usually I don't have much difficulty getting one. People throw jobs at me.
>>
>>733116708
Uh... war had very little to do with you having porn in your pocket. The technology sector (private) was responsible for that. In fact, it was actually the proliferation and competition in the mobile space that allowed that to happen. If you should be thanking anyone, it's the dipshits who all bought iphones when they first came out and showed the market what a huge boon it was to produce smart phones.

The military had literally zero involvement in that. Unless you want to talk about how good it is at fucking people. And I don't mean in a good way. I mean like the VA for instance.
>>
>>733116515

You think the company doesn't lose money as the job sits unfilled? companies like Microsoft don't give a fuck about doing that because they can afford to and it doesn't matter if their plan falls through, there a large pool of qualified applicants regardless. There are lots of (i.e. The Majority) companies who need positions filled and are not interested in waiting and putting in effort for the small return of slightly cheaper labor.

Like I said, I'm sure some do. But what kind of asshat is going to use this kind of logic as justification for not bothering to at least try to get a job? By this logic, no one would have a job. Every company would have like 3 employees who's only task is to find a way to get foreigners into the hundreds of positions they have available.

>"im not going to bother applying to any job at all because I don't meet the requirements and all companies in this country aren't really looking to hire citizens anyway they want a foreigner so I'm not going to waste my time"

this honestly just sounds like millennial bullshit and an attempt to avoid entry level or menial jobs because, hey, they're way too special to start low and keep working at finding other employment or moving up in the company.
>>
>>733117142
>Uh... do you not know what the countries domestic GDP is?!
Na m8
>That's what keeps it running.
OK
>You know
Na m8
>people making shit.
I do poos
>Killing people in other countries is a political/power/posturing play.
Zzzzzzzzz BORING! Bye Looser
>>
>>733116745
Your welcome from the U.S. saving from you Japan devouring you in World War II. You are very similar to all the euro cucks Who would've been swallowed.
>>
>>733116710
It can. Problem is, I don't have 200 years for the dust to settle to try and live a wonderful life and recoup the investments i've made in my life.
>>
>>733116948
Im not as concerned as most people I know. Im banking on boomers dying at their desks soon. Many upper upper management positions are occupied by people aged 65+. They should be retired, moving everyone up a position. I am waiting for them to die, and when they do, with my experience i am hoping to be close to the front of the line.

Then someone will have to fill my position, and thats where all of the people in this thread come in.

So in that regard, I am a 'fuck you, ive got mine' type, but i also have a more optimistic view on my generations 'yours' than most.
>>
>>733116978
Because of the proliferation of cheap credit. Please see the worlds current debt load.

Make no mistake, if it were not for credit we'd all be in breadlines.
>>
>>733117142
Aerospace and defense are some of the last american manufacturing. If were not making new planes and blowing up the bombs, there is no american manufacturing.

Killing people in other countries is absolutely necessary. Unless you just want to nuke the whales.
>>
>>733116745
Your welcome from the U.S. saving from you Japan devouring you in World War II. You are very similar to all the euro cucks Who would've been swallowed. >>733116830
>>
>>733117685
Then take comfort in the fact that 200 years from now someone will be in your position just as someone else was 200 years before. Waiting for Godot.
>>
>>733117619
Youre right. Radio frequencies and satellites were made and perfected AFTER the iphone came out. My bad.
>>
>>733117650
>Your welcome from the U.S. saving from you Japan devouring you in World War II.
OK history book nerd lol
>You are very similar to all the euro cucks Who would've been swallowed.
Chix swallow my hot cum
>>
>>733117624
Again you are missing the point. This isn't about encouraging people to continue to apply for work. It's about diminishing returns. Pay attention, dammit.

If they diminish the value of a position by outsourcing it then the wage demanded falls in return. This leads to a less beneficial position, diminished buying power of that group of people and a less robust economy.

Multiply that by every position and you start to see the issue when applied across every segment. Ie. wages fall, cost of living goes up, middle class disappears and we return to serfdom.

This is already happening somewhat with the real estate market. Almost nobody can afford to buy and most have to rent. The only people who seem to be able to buy readily are immigrants and non-residents.
>>
>>733117710
Except people are resilient. Maybe those people hang onto those jobs well into retirement age. You waste away waiting for those positions to free up and meanwhile the economy goes for a shit again and you are not any better off.
>>
>>733117904
Uh... automakers mean anything to you?
>>
>>733118124
bc you would have to be a nerd to know about ww2

fucking idiot
>>
>>733118124
Yes you are a cuck to the U.S. and we own you.
>>
>>733097600
I'm not retarded, I have three months experience working as a contract laborer Also I'm 20, would you hire me Anon?
>>
>>733118032
Right... those were made before the military had anything to do with it. You think the military invented radio? LOL... my sides.
>>
>>733117827
Thankfully the vast majority of the West's debt is due to spending on luxuries and not necessities.
>>
>>733118395
>I'm not retarded
I think anytime you have to clarify that you might be a little retarded at least
>>
>>733118363
That's why you don't have a good job you uneducated cuck enough said
>>
>>733118139

>this is about diminishing returns

My fault, I assumed you were arguing in favor of something else since you are just saying shit thats been pretty obvious since the 90s.
>>
>>733118277
What choice is there though, besides forced retirement or ageicige?
>>
>>733118460
How do you know? Do you see the statistics for everything being carried? I've not been able to find that report... got a link?

Also, what is determined to be "luxuries" is very subjective and actually some cunts on television would have people believe refrigerators are luxuries. As would be running water.
>>
>>733118346
Not when so many 'american' cars are made in Japan or Mexico, no.
>>
>>733118594
For someone in your position, i'd argue probably not much. You're smart to stay where you are or try to look laterally for favorable positions or higher pay.
>>
please vote

http://www.anonvote.com/poll/e545891o
>>
>>733118659
What's funny is that most of the Japanese manufacturers have moved their production plants to the USA. Many American companies have moved theirs to Mexico or Canada and/or China.
>>
>>733107447
Bro get a shitty job. I make 16 bucks an hour wiping ass. They paid for my class and im a certified nursing assistant. its easy we even hire tards
>>
>>733118423
Cell phones dont run on AM frequencies you know.
>>
>>733118363
>bc you would have to be a nerd to know about ww2
No1 cares about your old grampa war stories
>Yes you are a cuck to the U.S. and we own you.
Yeah sure lol ur just a fat looser u own ur gay books nd your fat body and small head LOL!!
>>
>boi
>>
>>733118847
Evidence on how volatile automakers can be. But when it comes to classified or precision machining, thats staying here.
>>
>>733118622
Studying, education, statistics, and work experience. It's a perk from working in finance. No, I'm not going to scour the internet for a link for the same reason I won't ask you for a link proving your statement that "if it were not for credit we'd all be in breadlines." We're having a discussion here, not writing university papers.

"Luxuries" are actually defined by the government and what is considered a necessity is much more than what is merely required for survival. In some Western societies, a yearly vacation is not even considered a luxury.
>>
>>733118950
Why would I do that when I run a business? I'm not asking for work. There are plenty of people who are, however (Like OP). I recognize his/her plight because i've been there.
>>
>>733118950
How do you get them to pay for it?
>>
>>733118965
The concept of radio was not discovered by the military. FM radio was not discovered or developed by the military.

All of what you are talking about was developed privately.
>>
>>733119158
What kind of business would you recommend starting?
>>
>>733119128
Fair enough. But I doubt it's luxuries that are causing the glut of this debt problem. For instance, back in 2007 when the housing market started to topple it was not "luxuries" that caused it, it was reckless lending and artifically valuing of securities.

Anyway, most of society has gone cashless. Many rely on credit cards to meet basic living expenses. I'm sure you're seeing that on your end. Although I will agree that there is a LOT OF luxury spending (ie. fancy cars, purses and all that other bullshit).
>>
>>733119428
Gaynal,
A place for gay anal sex
>>
>>733119158
I just have no sympathy. Every nursing home within a 100 mile radius of me begs for Nurse aides. its a workers market here in Pittsburgh. Jobs are easy to get even if youre a shithead
>>
>>733119428
Whatever you can make work on paper or has a model that actually functions properly (ie. provable). Many will say to get into something you're good at, but that won't necessarily pay the bills. Get into a business that you can afford and that is in demand but also where there is room in the market to grow.

Eg. Coffee but not something high turn over like a Restaurant or Gym (they tend to go bust pretty quickly). Also, do fuck loads of market research before you spend a fucking penny. I'm serious. Hopes and dreams chasing in business will make you poor as shit.
>>
>>733119629
Get
>>
>>733096332
Its because you're not black
>>
File: IMG_1776.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1776.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>733119052
Wut? R you even following this thread? Must be high or drunk without job or poorfag with job.
>>
>>733119629
Okay, maybe that's the case in Pittsburgh. Do you think that demand magically extrapolates across the country, or the world for that matter?

A good example is what's to stop those nursing homes from hiring care givers from the Philippines or wherever on H1B's to fill the need and then drop your salary in half or get rid of you all together?
>>
>>733109185
Why would you put SO on your app? Not that I approve of SO's.
>>
>>733100207
The job I have now I had no experience. It's a ton of hours, but I'm looking at taking home 80k this year. Pro tip, look for oil jobs. If you don't live somewhere with oil jobs, move somewhere that does. Northern Colorado is booming.
>>
>>733119833
Nice dubs. They actually do bring in a good amount of foreigners. But they normally just leave after a few weeks for a job at walmart with half the work and about $11 bucks an hour which is the same as our cna's start at
>>
>>733119948
For now. See Fort Mac up in Alberta to see how something random like a fire can fucking destroy the area and suddenly you have no job, no home and are pretty much fucked.
>>
>>733117650
>>733117913
>>733118363
>hurr durr ww2 hurt durr

Go play wit ur soldiers lil man lol
>>
>>733120151
kek
>>
>>733120040
Can't blame them, doing nursing is probably hard as hell and demanding. Who wants to clean up shit and vomit all day instead of just fuck around with a cash register scanning shit?

Everyone will do their own subconscious Cost Benefit Analysis and figure out the highest paying job they can do for the least effort. Which is why things like sex cams do okay.
>>
>>733119492
There's nothing to doubt, it's quite clear based on the information. In this day and age food, clothing, and other basic needs are incredibly inexpensive. Remember that we're talking about necessities, not desires. More importantly, our definition of what is necessary is very broad and literally angers huge chunks of the world that live in poverty we can't imagine.

The reckless lending was actually on luxuries.

Housing is a necessity. Owning a home is a luxury. One does not need to own a home to survive but most people want one. This is why they leveraged themselves beyond belief to get what they wanted.

With today's welfare policies there are few who rely on credit for basic living expenses. Fraud is absolutely rampant while there are many who actually require it to survive. Those who live on credit are almost always people who have made horrible financial decisions and are now stuck in a great deal of debt. Others are unwilling to make necessary changes to fit their situations. There will never be a solution for that aside from complete government control over lending and living arrangements. Those societies are never appealing.
>>
>>733119948
>slaving away in 90 degree Fahrenheit weather for 12 hours a day

no thanks
>>
File: Resume.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>733118501>>733118395

>Every Resume written by someone with no experience ever
I don't have a lot of qualifications but I'm really proud of not being retarded. it's the one thing I've achieved with my life. I performed not retardedly all through school, had a respectable but not admirable social life and generally conduct myself in a non-retarded way. Some instances of me not being retarded are, being able to competently read in write in a single language. I can move with a non-retarded amount of dexterity and perform tasks someone who was retarded would struggle to perform. I have no major physical abnormalities and appear to the eye to be distinctly without mental retardation. If you consider my resume, I'll be happy to assist you in performing non-retardedly at my job for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>733120220
Yeah Is the job market more tough where you live? I get offers from agency's at the least once a week. And entry level jobs are rampant. Every mcdonalds/store/mall etc is hiring here
>>
>>733120101
What is saving? Yeah, I know the oil industry can bust. That's why I'm working 7 days a week ans saving. That way, if it does, I can afford to live on less pay when it does. As it is now, I can work as many hours as I want. The company I work for is having to turn down work because we simply dont have enough people. That's the situation all around. Everyone is hiring.
>>
>>733120592
nigger
>>
>>733120253
One might argue owning a home is about building equity and securing your future. I wouldn't call it a luxury unless you purchase a home outside of your means. Which again, is where lenders went ahead and gave random people million dollar loans for shit they couldn't afford and then were shocked... SHOCKED I tell you, that they couldn't keep up the payments.

Well I guess if you're seeing what you're seeing you've got your numbers. I'm going to tend to lean on a broader set of evidence rather than one company in finance. There's a lot of indicators i'm seeing that show me, again i'm no financial wizard, that it's a systemic issue and debt is the only glue holding shit together right now.

Eg. look at devaluing currency, gold movements, energy costs, CPI, real estate, government debt, household debt etc. shit's out of control.
>>
>>733120391
I sit in a truck, monitor pressures, and occasionally push buttons. And I work nights.

Water transfer ftw.
>>
>>733120391
>>733120673

Forgot to add, I usually work 15 hour days.
>>
>>733120475
I'm not sure about those jobs as i'm a little farther down the road and wouldn't be able to survive on those sorts of wages (i've tried). I'm in a different industry than you so i'm not sure how things are in nursing around here but i'd imagine there's fairly constant work available. In fact, I know several people in nursing... i'll have to ask them about that.
>>
>>733120592
Sounds good for you, for now. I'd say do whatever makes you feel good man. Hope it lasts for you. I'm just saying that it's not all gravy. I've heard a lot of stories out of the oil patch in Alberta. Apparently things get quite adjusted over there and basic living expenses can end up costing a shit ton because a shit hole costs 3k/mo to rent.
>>
>>733120673
Lucky you! (No seriously... holy shit)
>>
>>733120868
I mean to be honest actual nursing jobs Like RN jobs are fairly hard to find without experience. EMT jobs are difficult as well. You just have to pick whats in demand
>>
>>733096332
Democrats and their shit tier policies destroyed the job market. Clinton fucked it by starting trans pacific partnership which made jobs go over seas to produce cheaper. Then obama refused to enforce border laws which made way for illegal immigrants to take your jobs because they work under the table; also he was making incentives to hire immigrants over us citizens while at the same time draining our welfare. Obamacare required full time employees to have health coverage so therefore businesses didnt want to hire full time employees anymore. Democrats also allow employees to be fired for any reason, even no reason given so they can shit can you and hire someone cheaper (like an immigrant).

Now that trump is president companies are mass firing immigrants and hiring legals so if youre still struggling just know that its going to get better pretty soon. Companies are also moving back state side which will free up a lot of other places.

>inb4 oooo trump supporting faggot oooo.

Theres a reason why i do. Hillary wanted open borders. The day trump was elected, amazon in seattle alonr fired 35 illegal immigrants the very next morning. Everyone started mass hiring everywhere and applicants werent being treated like such garbage.

I once saw a 50 year old man get fired for using the bathroom. They hired 2 muslims that barely spoke english and were total fucking condescending assholes talking about how piece of a shit our country was and how saudia was soo much better. They got shit canned a week after trump became president and they went and protested, broke some windows at a rally and got themselves arrested.

If you ever vote democrat be careful and make sure hillary isnt get involved
>>
>>733121109
I did. It was in demand while I was in school but graduated into a bubble economy crashing... tons of fun let me tell you. There's still money to be made, it's just a lot harder now.
>>
>>733120669
They could argue that but it's a weak argument. We are talking about necessities: the things you need to survive. One needs a place to live but one does not need to own a home. Period. Most of the world, even in affluent countries, rents and they are able to secure their futures and build equity. What you'd call it is inconsequential.

You can boil it down to "one company in finance" and ignore the part about education, studying, and statistics if you like but it still won't change facts. I'm well aware that you're no financial wizard.

And you're right, it absolutely is out of control spending. The problem is that the spending is on luxuries and this has been proven beyond all doubt.
>>
>>733121229
Understood. I just feel like people who have no certs or skills at all are just lazy.
>>
>>733096332

The Army will pay you a 40,000 bonus.
>>
>>733120151
Yep and who will bail you out next time? Yeah that's right kys
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.