[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want an aftermarker exhaust for my car, don't know much

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

File: 529496.jpg (80KB, 990x990px) Image search: [Google]
529496.jpg
80KB, 990x990px
Want an aftermarker exhaust for my car, don't know much about cars so I'm hoping people on here do

I have a 150bhp 1.9 gt tdi

I want it nice and deep and powerful sounding but not stupid loud and annoying, is that a thing you can do? Or do you have to have a loud annoying boyracer exhaust to get it to sound nice?

cheers in advance car guys
>>
bumping with random shit
>>
>>
File: 1493472507655.gif (2MB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493472507655.gif
2MB, 270x480px
>>
>>732324483
Good God those tits are amazing.

>>732324052
Get a Camaro SS, faggot. Or even get a base model. It's still better than that piece of shit.
>>
Because its a tdi if you straight pipe it then itll sound like shit till about 3500 to 4000 rpm itll sound like a beast from hell. If you want a little more loud see if you can get a local shop to delete your cats.
>>
>>732324612
yeah man

and I'm pretty sure Camaros don't even exist in England, I love my little Golf anyway

>>732324631
Ah okay thanks dude, I was just hoping to have like a low rumble sound, yknow when someone starts a fast car and its got that deep hum even on idle? sounds dope
>>
I'm running magnaflow tru x pipes and magnaflow axleback delete exhaust and sounds like a beast on my 2012 GT. I recommend magnaflow of flowmaster
>>
>>732324052
It's a piece of shit diesel. It will never sound good.
If you like golf's save your money for a better one.
>>
>>732324052
>1.9 TDI
>Deep and powerful
Pick one you stupid cuck.
>>
>>732325899
I mean it's faster than the petrol gti equivalent and way better on fuel
>>
>>732324631
No, that's a stupid idea. Emissions bro. The only time I ever suggest straight piping is if it's meant to be offroad like racing.

>>732325643
I'm just fucking with you. I don't know of exhausts for your car, but do not listen to that guy. If you really wanted to, get a cat-back exhaust systems, headers, and an x-pipe, if it's available for your car. But that's only if you want it to be loud as shit. I suggest getting a modest exhaust that is quieter at low rpms, but louder at mid-high rpm. Keep in mind that it's not a big engine, so it's not going to sound good no matter what. Sorry, but it's the truth.
>>
>>732325973
and a moped is faster than walking. It doesn't make you less gay.
>>
>>732325973
except the 180ts or whatever thats a little bit faster, but its absolute shite on fuel so fuck that
>>
>>732325999
fair play thanks mate

also, checked
>>
>>732326012

The only difference between OP and you is that you don't need a fuccboi ride to be a giant faggot.
>>
You want something intimidating, trash your shitbox and get something with a V8. You're not going to look cool with a loud ass ricer exhaust.
>>
>>732326349
Where'd you get that conclusion, son?
>>
>>732326365
Lol at thinking having a v8 makes you look cool.
>>
>>732326365
I'm only 20, I can't get insured on anything proper fast yet :/ this 150bhp is about the fastest i can go atm without paying thousands for insurance

Also I dont want a loud exhaust, just something that sounds nice, but apparently the engine it has isnt capable of that
>>
OP again, since we're already on the topic of cars

anyone know if the chips at racechip.com are any good? They claim 29 more bhp and 20% more torque for my model, and apparently they are legit and safe according to reviews but it seems too good to be true for just £109?
>>
>>732326881
Don't bother with an exhaust on a diesel, they all sound shit. Get a remap instead, 5minutes to flash via obd port and boom more power and torque.
>>
>>732327025
Need more details re your car, but tbh a remap is always better than a 'chip' even a generic remap will be better than a chip.
>>
File: Racecar & V8 Turd.png (949KB, 660x720px) Image search: [Google]
Racecar & V8 Turd.png
949KB, 660x720px
>>732326662
You're right. The Civic is a pure pussy magnet.
>>
>>732327285
2003 mk4 vw golf gt tdi 1.9 150bhp

See their website said remaps can blow your clutch or even damage your engine, whereas their chips dont push it hard enough to damage anything, and also you can straight up unplug it before MOT's or if you get in an accident just pull it out quick and itll reset it back to factory settings?

I really dont know enough about cars to judge myself honestly, not even completely sure what a remap is, maybe i should do some googling

appreciate the input though lads
>>
>>732327340
Where did I mention civics? In saying that that POS civic would still probably beat that US shitbox around a circuit.
>>
>>732327400
The only way remap blows a clutch is if the level of torque is boosted massively from standard with out any supporting mods (ie uprated clutch etc). As you have a diesel golf a remap simply tells the turbo to produce more boost therefore you get more bhp and torque. There will be safe levels to boost bhp and torque to and the guys doing the remapping will have a good idea of safe levels. I'd expect with a stage 1 map around 180-190 bhp and maybe 300 f/lbs of torque (give or take). This should be fine for a standard golf to handle without pushing the risk of damage too much. Some googling will help but there's liads of firms who will do the remapping (torque of the devil, revo etc etc). Chips tend not to deliver the same results and are a much older technology than remapping ( more a thing from the 1990's before software modding became more developed and available).
>>
>>732327400
A remap is safer than a chip if done by someone reputable.

As an explanation they are kind of the same thing.
Simply put a chip changes how much fuel and air goes into the engine. But they are all the same despite the fact all engines wear different depending in how they are driven and maintained.

A remap changes the same things but it is specifically done for your car.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 700x467px
>>732324052
Just re map it add a new air filter and manifold and a nice dump valve
Then buy a beefy exhaust
>>
>>732327880
Why would you get a new manifold with a factory turbo? Very expensive for the tiny gains you would get. Maybe go learn more before commenting.
>>
>>732327677
>A Civic would beat a '67 Camaro RS around a circuit.
My sides have reached orbit.
>>
>>732327340
Fucking Americans pushing their shit built and shit quality cars
The only thing apealing about American cars is the body work And shape witch is also badly put together
>>
>>732327981
Go look up lap times. I never have and never would own a civic. But the good ones are fairly quick on the track.
>>
>>732327968
Why not if the money is there
Maybe buy a lighter fly wheel to go with it
>>
>>732327981
Better avoid corners is camero oh and slightly moist roads and tracks
They handle like a brick
>>
>>732328180
Because for around the same money you could buy a bigger turbo with much better results.
>>
>>732324631
If your local laws support it, hi flow cats, or no cats. But if you haven't done it get yourself some hi flow air intakes.
>>
>>732328102
>>732328113
>>732328243
All these poor carless ricer kiddies trying to make an argument. This is kinda sad.
>>
>>732329169
They have probably never used a car with a v8, sure they handle a bit worse then the lighter 4 bangers, but when your put your foot down and it zips forward as fast you can change the gears, you know you made the right choice.
>>
>>732329290
Yet 90% of US V8 cars are beaten by small 4 and 6 cyl turbo cars in both straight lines and on a circuit.

Look up production car lap times. As I said earlier I'd never own one but you will see the civic type R beats most US V8's.
>>
>>732329430
Trying to sneak conditions in eh?
>Turbo
>Brand New car on factory test tracks
>Muh economy
Fuck off. If you want to make an argument present actual facts.
>>
File: razor-girl-thief.png (125KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
razor-girl-thief.png
125KB, 600x502px
>>732329430
Only V8 I ever drove does 0-100 in 5.7 seconds, feels pretty fast too me man.
>>
>>732329580
Saying a 4 cyl with turbo can beat a stock V8 is like saying a skinny meth addict can beat up a boxer.
>>
>>732329430
I don't know why everyone talks shit about how fast there car is outta the factory.
My 240sx was dog shit slow outta the usdm factory but now it can beat a camaro ss from a dig and a roll
>>
>>732329580
How is it sneaking in conditions. I'm talking factory cars it's not like the turbo is added after.
Not factory tracks. Any track you want. The nurburgring probably has the most comprehensive list but if you look at fastestlaps.com you can pick whatever track you want.
>>
>>732329430
Chuck a supercharger on the V8 and let the 4cyl car have a turbo, and then see who wins.
>>
>>732329581
Plenty of 4 and 6 cyl turbos doing in the 4's. The AMG A45 does it in 4.2.
>>
OP here again, had to nip out for a bit, cheers for all the info and advice :)

I'll probably look into a proper remap and put a high flow air filter on it for a start then
>>
>>732330473
anyone recommend a specific air filter?
>>
>Sell car
>Buy better car
>Stop being a faggot
>>
>>732330492
Just go on the KN website and browse by car, buy which ever on they say is compatible for your vehicle.

Hi flow air filters are a great way too get more power and a better sound for not alot of money.
>>
>>732330537
I like this car, but thanks anyway
>>
>>732330537
Golfs are pretty good man, they are super light and have HP.
>>
>>732330889
Meant too write moderate hp
>>
>>732330724
No need to lie to yourself OP, its ok we can help
>>
>>732330889
They're shit and I've only seen faggots drive them who think they aren't shit, 150hp is any other car on the street as well.
>>
>>732330889
No they're not
Heavy for their class and piss poor HP
Exceptions made for MK5 GTI, R32, and MK6 R etc
They are bought by people who know very little about cars and go "ooh VW" and then consolidate themselves saying that as well as the GREAAT POWER they get good economy because they are insecure faggots who don't have the bollocks to buy a proper car.
>>
Meant console themselves
>>
If anyone can recommend a faster, better built car with better fuel economy that you can buy in england for £2000, feel free
>>
How many miles do you do a year OP
>>
>>732331459
roughly 180 miles a week mate
>>
OP you don't need to tell us you don't know much about cars. We already know by the shit car you bought.
You're clearly one of those faggot boy racers.
>>
>>732331616
see
>>732331404
give me your wise master car knowledge
>>
So about 8-9k a year?
BMW E46 and E39, diesels are pretty robust and are definetly better built than the golf, can be picked up for around £2k and can have an estate if you need the room.

Left field choice - Toyota Corrola 1.8Tsport VVTLI Can be had for pennies, has lift (like Civic type R) and I used to get 28+mpg out of mine

Older Saabs and Volvos should outpace the golf even in diesel variant although heavier so probably fuel worse? but I can only imagine by a couple of mpg
Volvo's are well screwed together and the seats are comfy AF, never owned a SAAB

Clio 182? These come up about the 2k mark a lot, fuel will be worse although not horrendous and quick as well
Build quality is french so worse then VW though

Some of the older diesel Audi A4's and A6's have decent size diesel lumps, similar family engines to the Golf, build quality is the same
Can pick up an older estate for about 2k

Loads of stuff out there OP
>>
>>732331912
this is surprising to hear, maybe everything I've been told about cars is wrong, some things I've been told

>BMW's are shit, stay away
>Anything french is shit, stay away
>Audi's are basically VW's but more expensive, just go for VW

shit son
>>
>>732331912
>Toyota Corrola 1.8Tsport
>>732332005

Also I never even considered a toyota as an option but they actually look pretty nice? and have good reviews
>>
You hear the same sort of stuff perpetuated all the time.
Had my BMW E46 330i for several years, Never skipped a beat until I put it into the back of a mondeo.
It was a great care, infact my favourite car out of everything I've owned.

First car was a renault clio MK1, literally a box with wheels, never skipped a beat either, perfect first car, build quality was crap though, was made out of egg cartons and french tears.

Never had Audi, I mean the a lot of the parts are shared including chassis, with the Audi you're usually paying for slightly better fit and finish and usually slightly larger lumps in the front.
>>
>>732332137
I'm not a huge toyota fan myself, but they are fairly reliable.
Picked the Tsport up on a whim after the BMW.
Great little car and it "kicks" after 6200rpm, like a tiny late stage turbo, good fun for ragging around, returned 28-30 on the everyday work commute.
Sold it for a Scooby though.
>>
I'll be frank, I too spent money on my first cars doing them up here and there but I learnt its better to stash the cash and just save up for something that really excites you
>>
>>732332209
what was the 330i like on fuel? Like I said I do on average 180 miles a week so preferably don't want a car drinking away fuel, anything sort of 35 upwards would be ideal
>>
>>732332277
trip dubs checked
>>
>>732332495
My commute is mostly Town based and I do 5-6k a year.
I was getting on average about 24 mpg on my commute but on the motorway I would see about 32-34? And I wasn't shy about going over the ton So i imagine with a controlled right foot you could get 35+

Yesss check em>>732332277
>>
Just found out I can insure a 1 series bmw 163bhp for only 1000, anyone got opinions on that car?
>>
Never had trip dubs, what a time to be alive
>>
Which model is the 163bhp? 116D or 118D?
Personally I've always fancied a 123D but they are about 8K
Don't have any empirical opinion but I imagine they are fairly well built, fairly good economy but bland to drive
>>
If you have a Sytners near you then you could pop down and see if they have an approved used and give one a test drive
>>
>>732332748
it's the 2 litre diesel mate, they seem to be great fuel economy but 0-60 in 8 seconds isnt too too bad
>>
120d?
Personally it seems a bit clinical and bland especially considering the power delivery will be early on in every gear and the noise won't be too dissimilar to the Golf anyway.
>>
>>732332974
that's the one, 120d

yeah fair enough, how do you know the power delivery will be in the low revs though? Like how what makes you determine that?
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.