[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /b/ My first minion is going to be born in two or 3 days

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 17

File: 083_030804_js01.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
083_030804_js01.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
Sup /b/
My first minion is going to be born in two or 3 days time (induction is on Saturday). Baby was unplanned and i wasn't happy about it for a long time. I've now come round to the idea but I'd be lying if i said i felt ready.

What advice does /b/ have for a soon to be first time dad?
>>
MODS!
>>
File: IMG_0717.png (738KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0717.png
738KB, 1334x750px
Stop right there. That's your first and last.
>>
>>732237253
you never feel ready until having it home for a week or two. then it hits you. mine is now 2 years old and i love her to bits. for the first 6 months they are prety boring but once they can get rolling and crawling everything changes.

trust me, they change your world for the better if you put a bit of effort in at the beginning.
>>
>>732237253
nothing, just time makes good dads
enjoy every day, the grow up very fast.
>>
>>732237253
make more babies to save the white race.
>>
If there's bottles then offer to do night feeds. Sitting in that weird stillness with your baby is an awesome bonding opportunity.

For later on: never show that you're angry. Hide that shit. Be disappointed, use time outs, show that you're sad. Getting angry makes everything worse.

Have fun!
>>
>>732237253
Kill it and eat it
Obviously
You're making overpopulation worse if you keep it
>>
>>732237413
It will likely be the last. His mother has a lot of health issues thag couldn't be controlled in pregnancy As the medication would have been bad for him >>732237485
Good to hear anon. Was yours alao unplanned?
>>
The thing no one tells guys is the bond like mom and baby jave os not instant so you fell like crap for a few weeks because you don't love your baby. Wait a month. You'll die a thousand deaths for it
>>
File: IMG_0227.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Here's a tip: watch this guys videos and do the opposite of what he does with his kids.
>>
>>732237638
Take your own advice mouthbreather, kys.
>>
>>732237610
What makes you think both me and partner are white? I mean, you are correct lmao
>>
>>732237253
Get as much sleep as possible over the next two to three days. It's going to be a while until you sleep again.
>>
Don't go to the induction class, it just teach you to do more chores like changing nappies, feeding, bathing etcs.

Just let the wife do everything.
>>
Make your wife give birth squatting or in water
Don't immediately clean the baby
Ensure the baby gets breast fed immediately due to first colostrum giving huge immunity boosts, so it can inherit everything the mother has gained immunity to
Do not immediately cut the umbilical cord
Do not let it fucking get injected with heavy metal containing 'vaccines', especially not on its first day of life
IF ITS A BOY DO NOT FUCKING CUT ITS DICK OFF.
>>
>>732237253

BE PATIENT

it's hard work - the 1st few months fucking suck.

dad of 3 very young kids here.... AMA
>>
>>732237709
You're still around...
>>
>>732237671
This is a relief to hear. I feel protective of him already, but obviously I have thought im not bonded in the same way the mother is.
>>
>>732237721
This is great advice if you hate being married.
>>
>>732237253
Use lube the first time
>>
>>732237618

good advise anon. kids fucking push your temper to the limits & beyond
>>
>>732237726
OP here, uncircumcised master race. He won't be circumcised. If i was with a woman that forced that, if personAlly circumcise her.
>>
>>732237253
Don't you dare cut his fucking foreskin off. Mutilating his dick is archaic and pointless unless you're a dirty jew or your jew of a doctor tries to convince you it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>732237750
LMAO. Well played anon. Well played.
>>
>>732237911
See my post above yours
>>
>>732237253
Enjoy sleep as much as you can now. You will never have it again . Congrats and good health
>>
>>732237726
The fact that you advise against vaccines, and place them in quotations marks tells me that you're a fucking retard. Ignore that one ropey study condemning vaccines, and instead read the thousand that explain how they eradicate deadly illnesses.
Anybody who's child dies of the recently blooming scarlet fever should come and thank you personally by stabbing you in the liver.
>>
>>732237253
Vaccines are safe unless you want your kid to die of rare disease or be paralyzed.
>>
>>732237618
>Getting angry makes everything worse.

So much this. Best case they dont care, worst case they got scared from you. Both does not help in raising a child.
>>
File: 1472587094125 (1).png (879KB, 1177x876px) Image search: [Google]
1472587094125 (1).png
879KB, 1177x876px
>>732237253
>>
>>732237904
Good. Pay attention to my other suggestions as well

If you care about the wellbeing of your child, spend your time researching these things. They will contribute immensely to the long term prosperity and health of your child. This is not fucking around on a rare taiwanese mug collecting forum, this is a human life. I did not suggest these things for shits and gigs. Listen to them. They are all demonstrably superior to the alternative.

Much luck on fatherhood, OP.
>>
File: 1492673281484.gif (485KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1492673281484.gif
485KB, 499x374px
>>732237253
Get ready for the most joyful 18 years of your life bitch. Hope your ready for waking up early as fuck on fathers day to some 5 year old walking in with a sloppy breakfast and you look at it and say "I'm not going to eat that" but you look at the kid and see the biggest smile on their face and you notice that they tried their best because they love you and they don't really care if you eat it as long as you grab them give them a big hug and say let's go to the park later today , and you see the biggest smile spread across their face and you notice that this memory is probably going to stay with them for a long time. Then you notice a tear fall from your eye.

Hope your ready for that faggot. This shit is going to happen for the next 18 years . You're better off moving to Seattle getting a one bed room efficiency and becoming a neet and spending rest of your life shit posting.
>>
talk to you son/daughter like you would an adult. try not to use baby talk to often, my daughter started talking at a young age and i attribute me limiting my baby talk to that. shes 3 now and we have full on conversations now apart from her asking why why why some times.
>>
>>732237693
Lol.

Solid advice.
>>
Grab a bottle of whiskey to sip on the first few nights to keep your mood balanced. It takes some time to get used to your kid not sleeping much especially if they're breastfed. My daughter woke up every two hours for nearly the entire first year of her life.
>>
File: sophisticat.jpg (12KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
sophisticat.jpg
12KB, 224x224px
>>732237253
>>732237726

OP, do not listen to such retards.
Anyone who is advising against vaccines is a danger to your child and deserves more than one brick thrown into his/her face at full force.
>>
>>732238013
Vaccines would take far longer to debate (thoiugh if you think a newborn child needs to be innoculated against a disease that occurs only via sexual contact in its first week, containing 900% times the maximum safe level proportional to bodyweight of literal neurotoxins, you're literally fucking brainwashed)

BUT, my other suggestions are all even more obviously useful. I shouldn't have to argue these because if OP is not a degenerate subhuman he will be willing to actually research for a few hours when it comes to his own childs long-term well-being. If you are interfering with this, you need to examine your priorities.
>>
don't fuck up his dick
>>
>>732238209
Why does a child need a vaccine containing heavy metals and cloned aborted foetal tissue dna to prevent HPV on its first day/week?

Waiting
>>
>>732237875
Kids will push as far as you let them. I have my kids on check. They know to behave with me, and they don't even live with me. Their mothers are always complaining to me about their behavior and I just say "well, because you let them. They don't do that with me". Kids know how the system works very young so you gotta be constantly on top of them.
>>
>>732238223
>vaccines
>literal neurotoxins
>nigga you full retard
>>
>>732238098
18 years? Nah, having a kid is for life. You NEVER stop being a parent.
>>
>>732238200
this, also check'd
>>
Help your lady friend out as much as you can. As soon as you get home from work take over on baby duty. Have her take a nap then or go for a drive to calm her nerves. You're going to be a doormat for her emotions over the next few months. Just kiss her ass and make dinner too.
>>
Accept that it's no longer just your own life that you a responsible for and rise to the challenge.

You're going to have some horrible shitty moments with that baby. You're going to want to quit and say fuck it. Man up and keep going, pull from that reserve that you didn't know that you had.

my 2 cents. GL.
>>
Swaddling. Learn how to do it well. it will save your life.
>>
>>732238139
This is proven.

He human mind is capable of understanding and forming complex thought at a very young age. Our brain is on overdrive compared to our bodies. It takes much longer to learn the fine mouth shapes required to speak the language than just to actually understand it.

When you baby talk the kid, they think that's how you're supposed to talk. And if you have the chance, now is the time to get them started with other languages too.
>>
>>732238300

my 4 year old's behavior has been going to shit. any advice on how to get him back on track?
>>
>>732237253

You are now responsible for a life which means you must make good choices. Good choices means doing your own research, not believing what you're told. Do good research and you'll not vaccinate. If you do, you really weren't ready.
>>
>>732237253
dont give it honey. it says on the honey jar not to give honey to infants.
>>
>>732238394
This. It will seem unappreciated but it goes a long way. My ex-wife had post partum depression and it really messed her up.
>>
>>732238457
Yes I agree with this. My daughter started talking early and by 2.5 years old her and I were having conversations.
>>
>>732237253
1) sleep now while you still can
2) your lady will be on the rag for about a month after.
3) about the time she gets ready for sex again, she will be as fertile as potting soil. That's why I have kids 14 months apart.
>>
>>732237253

Get a Fisher-Price Rock & Play. all my kids slept in it at night & napped in em. you can take em anywhere too.
>>
>>732238531
Lol because honey contains allergens of the plants it was made from.

If your child is allergic to any of it, they will have a much worse reaction than one year olds would, because their immune system isn't fully functioning yet.

This goes with a lot of food actually. Only introduce one new food at a time. Wait a few days and introduce another.
>>
>>732238139
This....my wife and I did this and now have s completely normal kid....he's funny, has lots of friends and is a good person....
>>
File: 17mpxhscv4qx0jpg.jpg (14KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
17mpxhscv4qx0jpg.jpg
14KB, 320x239px
>>732237253
>What advice does /b/ have for a soon to be first time dad?

test new lubes on the bottom of the foot first, so if there's an allergic reaction, wife might not notice.
>>
>>732238566
same guy that posted >>732238139
you ever get people asking you how she speaks so well? my daughter always tries to talk to kids at the playground or when were out and then asks me why they dont say much back haha
>>
>>732238605

haha I have em 16 months apart.... big oops for me.
>>
>>732238605
>14 months apart
>not going for Irish twins
You're doing it wrong
>>
>>732238703
no its because it can give them botulism.
>>
File: sophisticat7.jpg (57KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
sophisticat7.jpg
57KB, 600x400px
>>732238288

Pretending to be an anti-vaxxer is bad bait.
Not gonna take it today.
>>
>>732237253
Dont sweat it, if you arent a total retard parenting will come naturally.
>>
>>732238223
You're right. It would take longer. Unless you read up on it. Then you'd know that the HPV vaccine isn't recommended to anyone under the age of 11, and that raw mercury isn't present in vaccines at all. Ethyl mercury is present in some, but that stops the growth of deadly fungus. It has been well documented that these preservatives are easily broken down.
Vaccines aren't 100% safe, but smarter people that you or me have worked out the best odds for our children's survival.
Go on. Tell me the mmr causes autism.
>>
You're going to need a lot of patience. As they've literally never experienced anything, newborns have very limited capacities. All your little person will be able to do is suck, poop, and yell, and he or she probably won't be able to do that very well. For the first month he/she will have a lot of trouble sleeping without a firm understanding of day and night cycles, so be prepared for a lot of sleepless nights.

Your newborn will also probably have trouble figuring out how to properly suck tits for food, which will be frustrating for everyone. Assuming your breastfeeding (which you should be), there will be a steep learning curve for both feeder and feedee. It might seem impossible at first, but keep at it and babby will eventually get the hang of it.

There is nothing wrong with formula per se, but breast milk is important for 1: immunities and 2: emotional attachment... There's other benefits but my nugget is almost one year old and she's very past that stage.

Also, don't be afraid of co-sleeping. Doctors discourage it because some people are fucking retards who can't be trusted with any responsibilities and go to bed with babby while shitfaced. Ideally babby should sleep in a separate space, but if he/she just fucking hates being away from the parent (like my daughter) and you can't get sleep any other way, it's perfectly fine and natural to sleep side by side. Just be aware that you can squish babby or that babby might fall of the side of the bed if you're not too careful.

tl;dr GET SLEEP NOW
>>
>>732238833
Oh ok
>>
>>732238876
lol it does cause autism though.
>>
File: dddddd.jpg (10KB, 268x184px) Image search: [Google]
dddddd.jpg
10KB, 268x184px
>>732238894
>be aware that you can squish babby or that babby might fall of the side of the bed if you're not too careful.

There are beds for this to prevent both.

picture related
>>
>>732238482
Get your balls back lol..sounds like b8 but it's true. Like I said, they'll push as far as you let them. First and foremost, you HAVE to actually do your job. Many parents just use words or let the time outs do the work. Like nah nigger, YOU gotta do it. You have to show them to respect YOU, not the belt, not time out, not whatever. I'm on top of EVERYTHING that my kids do. Whether it's something small as putting their shoes in the correct spot or something big as not talking back.

The small stuff does make a difference. It's all a mind game. You just gotta do whatever works to make them RESPECT you, not fear you. Once they do that, everything else will fall in place. All I have to do is look at my kids and they know, because of the respect they have for me. Don't over do it either. Only you know your kid so you gotta find what works and what doesn't and find a balance.
>>
>>732238876
Not that anon, but I don't trust flu vaccines.

Something fishy about them trying to give them out for free every year. I'd be less weary of they were to charge.
>>
File: retard.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>732239013
>>
>>732238770
I'm the one who's daughter started having conversations around 2.5. She was walking around 8mo and saying her first words around that time. She's a chatter box anymore. People are usually surprised by how well she talks. No one asked what we did but if they were to ask I would just explain that you talk to them like an adult and read books to them every opportunity you have. Some of it I think is genetic. I'm borderline genius and her mom is gifted so she may have a headstart in the brain department.
>>
>>732237693
look guys its daddy o'none. I agree don't copy this guy
>>
>>732237253

If you're capable of feeling and sharing love, than it'll come naturally.

Be prepared that the first few months are a real mother-baby bonding experience and you'll be more of a family janitor. But it'll change gradually and before you know it the molesting can begin.
>>
>>732239118

Ah I see.... my kids are home with the wife all day & I think the 4 year old gets away with all kinds of shit. then I get home from work & have a few hours to try & correct the behavior before it's his bed time.

thanks for the advice anon
>>
File: the man in the glass.jpg (314KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
the man in the glass.jpg
314KB, 1000x1333px
>>732237253
Raise your child to be as intelligent and knowledgeable as possible.
With knowledge and intelligence, your child can get almost every single thing he or she could possible want in life.
Young brains have the easiest time gaining knowledge and intelligence.
Do what's best for your child, because every single bad thing that happens and will ever happen to that child will be all your fault, because you couldn't keep your dick in your damn pants.

When you're on your death bed, do you want to think about how you set up your child for failure in life, how your creation was a piece of shit, or do you want to raise that child to be knowledgeable and intelligent?
>>
>>732237671
This.
Also you will be subhuman for the baby the first period. Sure you can hold it and transport him but mom = food.
And as someone else said. Try to relieve the mother once in a while like offer to have baby 100% during the night like once a week so she won't get completely sleep deprived.

Don't know what country you live in and what rules apply but if you take paternity leave have realistic goals like "today I'm gonna take a shower"; not "sweet! Plenty of time to renovate kitchen!"

Gl anon!
/have a 5 y of.
>>
File: IMG-20160713-WA0009.jpg (69KB, 1040x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160713-WA0009.jpg
69KB, 1040x584px
>>732237253
Trascend in wolrd history trough your descendats, give them love and the best push you can give him.
>>
There's a checklist of things if your baby is crying.
>are they hungry
>are they wet or did they poop
>are they having indigestion (pray that your baby doesn't have colic}
>do they need to burp
>are they too warm or cold
>do they think dad's an idiot and they just want mommy
>do they want to be rocked or sit in the bouncer
>are they over tummy time and want to be on their back
>>
File: 1453966921749.gif (443KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1453966921749.gif
443KB, 400x296px
>>732237413
They always say that...
>>
>>732239565
Patience. LOTS of it. It's gonna take time, especially in cases like yours, but if you do your job as a parent, it'll work. My kids don't live with me so I don't see them as much either but that's why I use the most of the little time I get.
>>
>>732238482
Studies have shown that authoritative, hard ass, strict parenting haves children end up being less education, less intelligent, and more of little shits.
The strict parents end up raising adults who don't like being told what to do, like doing anything that's against the rules, and are all about doing whatever the fuck they want, be it marijuana, methamphetamines, having unprotected sex at raves with both males and females, skipping school, being a shithead that gets fired for being a shithead, and just all kinds of bad shit.
Not to mention how they end up being these emotionally scarred, depressed, fucked up little cunts.
>>
JESUS FUCK YOU'RE ALL WORSE THAN MOMMY BLOGGERS
>>
>>732238482
Positive reinforcement is the way to go.
Negative reinforcement is for when you want to raise a fuck up.

But the key is using positive reinforcement with just the right tiny bit of negative reinforcement.
>>
>>732239889
Bullshit. You have to discuss things like why you're punishing them and help them to understand. After every time I spank or smack my kid I then place her in time out. I take her out of time and ask her if she knows why she was spanked and/or put in time out. I explain to her why and help her understand. I then hold her and kiss her and tell her I love her. Our bond is fantastic and she hardly acts out.
>>
>>732239962
Dads giving other dads advice based on their experiences is nothing like mommy blogs complaining that no one said anything about them publicly breastfeeding a 4 year old on a plane.
>>
>>732239889
>>732240001

Thanks guys. I will be making a few adjustments & hopefully things get better.

nothing like getting parenting advise on 4chan! the wife would be thrilled to know!
>>
>>732237253
If you're overprotective, don't let them do things you think is dangerous, make they wear heavy jackets because it might be a little cold outside, don't let them climb trees, don't let them run around in big kid's playground,
they end up being these scared, anxiety ridden, non-action taking, nervous fucks.
They end up not trying new things, and they miss out on a lot of social, intellectual, physical, emotional, and personal growth.
They end up being less than they could've been.
>>
>>732239962
Virgin fag detected
>>
>>732240199
>hey kid, you know I beat you because I love you.
>>
>>732240301
I don't beat her. That's taking it over the top and too far. I grew up scared of my own father and I don't want that for my daughter. I'm teaching her manners, respect, love, and understanding with each time she's disciplined.
>>
>>732240199
Discussing things and having understanding is good, that's actually excellent; spanking and smacking is just stupid, primitive, aggressive, stupid bullshit.

You're teaching your child that it's okay to physically assault someone when they do something you don't like.

>you stepped on my foot
>now, I'm going to punch you in the face, break your fingers, and claw your groin
>now I'm going to talk to you about what I did

Being an impulsive, emotional, physically violent sub-human isn't the way to go.
>>
>>732240478
and youre teaching her it's ok to hit people when they dont do what you want.
>>
>>732240199
This. You have to do a bit of both. Use too much positive reinforcement, they grow liberal pansies. Use too much negative reinforcement, they grow up to be niggers. Whenever I have to be hard on my children, I do it. Sometimes I overdo it just to make it clear to them who's in charge. Whenever I don't have to, I make it clear I love and care about them as well. I play dolls with them, use coloring books, play Legos, etc.. you gotta have a balance. Let the positive and negative reinforce each other.
>>
>>732240583
You know what, it should be okay to hit someone when you don't like what they're doing. We've turned into a nation of softies. No one has a backbone or can handle confrontation. I'm not going to raise my daughter to be some hellion that I can't control because I'm afraid of her potentially having a tendency towards violence. We're animals and violence and strength is what sets the alphas apart from the betas.
>>
>>732240583
>>732240488

Listen to this snowflake if you want to raise a faggot.
>>
>>732240830
>white trash, the post.
>>
>>732240839
See my reply above your post
>>
>>732240839
Two different faggots, faggots.

Listen to >>732240199 if you want to raise a /b/-tard who only gets fat and ugly bitches.

Listen to >>732240488 if you want to raise a faggot who browses /b/, /sci/, /mu/, and /fit/, and gets the best of the best pussy because of it.
>>
>>732237253
Don't fuck around with your kid too much.

Don't indoctrinate your kid into any type of ideology of religion and you will be fine.
>>
>>732240950
But there is multiple syllable words and proper punctuation. You have me confused brother with something I'm not.
>>
>>732237253
Kids are awesome. Hard work, but awesome.

Yes you'll have to make some sacrifices, but remember, it's not about you.

You'll actually learn to take pleasure from very simple things, such as just sitting there with your baby laying on your chest, taking him to the park and just playing with him.
>>
>>732240990
spanking has been shown to lead to increased aggressiveness, anxiety and drug use and a reduction in long term compliance with authority. it's a dated technique that only backwards rednecks and black people still use.
>>
>>732241123
hitting your kids is something people who never opened a parenting book does.
>>
>>732237253
If it's a boy, don't circumcise him.
>>
>>732240830
Hitting someone when they do something you don't like is primitive bullshit.

Having verbal confrontation is the way to go, unlike chimpanzees.

Humans are emotional creatures, despite our intelligence relative to the other specie on this planet.
So, if our brains do not allow us to solve our conflict, we can have honorable combat.

If a nigga just can't handle the heat, we're going to have some mutual hand to hand combat.
>>
>>732241189
And not proper disciplining your kids has led to the snowflake, safe space, beta, and add/adhd epidemics of the millennials
>>
>>732237253
>>732241246
This. It should be his choice that he can decide when he's older.
>>
>>732241357
no it hasnt, but your mind is too simplistic to understand that.
>>
>>732237253
Raise it right, raise it white.
>>
>>732241357

this >>732241423
>>
I never hit my kid but he's a bully at school & hits other kids..... better than getting bullied I guess.....
>>
>>732238455
So much this. I have 3, 9 yo, 4 yo this month, and 6 mo.
>>
>>732237709
>What makes you think both me and partner are white?

Because negroe males don't worry about fatherhood... they're too good at dodging it.
Like a long-haul trucker, they just drop that load and leave...
>>
>>732241423
You must be high or brainwashed. I'm sure you can't take a punch, don't know how to talk to women, live at home, and masturbate to traps on /b/. There is a strong possibility of you being the OP on every Andy Sixx thread about eating shit out of his ass.
>>
>>732241480
Better explain to him why that's wrong. If he wont listen after 3-5 tries of being calm and explaining to him in a way he can understand, start screaming at him and using stern body language.
Better than being the social outcast kid that no one likes in high school that eventually gets his as beat for fucking with the wrong guy, and becoming the joke of the whole school, and growing up to have high school be the worse time of his life in his memory, and then end up shooting up his collage if he gets that far.
>>
>>732241609
>still denies the overwhelming number of studies linking spanking to negative behaviors.
>>
>>732241609
>I'm sure you can't take a punch, don't know how to talk to women, live at home, and masturbate to traps on /b/. There is a strong possibility of you being the OP on every Andy Sixx thread about eating shit out of his ass.
>projecting this hard
>>
File: Logical Fallacies Chart .jpg (582KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Logical Fallacies Chart .jpg
582KB, 1600x1131px
>>732241609
>>
>>732241556

I have a 4 yr old, 1.5 yr old, & a 5 week old.....

I'm fucked......

givin' the ol creampie seems like a good idea at the time.....
>>
>>732238209
No, the brick is useful and has value. To risk breaking it on someone to whom neither applies is just foolish.
>>
>>732241694
I've read them and the downfall of others is the lack of positive reinforcement and using the situations as teachable moments. I'm a dual major in early childhood development and elementary education and a borderline genius (oh wait, my mind is too simple to process and understand spanking = violence... I forgot). My daughter is a very social kid and plays nicely with others. She is a sweetheart and has respect. I'm not some white trash idiot that you beta fags think I am.
>>
>>732238894
Breast is best, but if you jave a big baby (7+ lbs) dont feel bad about giving a little formula with a syrenge the first night or two before the milk comes in. Big babys are hungry and this little boost helps your sanity.
>>
>>732241243
>parenting book

I cry everytime. If you're a shit parent a book won't help you, if you're a try hard and go by a book when it comes to parenting then you're a failure.

Good ol' natural love, that's all your child needs.
>>
>>732241969
>I'm a dual major in early childhood development and elementary education and a borderline genius (oh wait, my mind is too simple to process and understand spanking = violence... I forgot).
and I'm a Navy SEAL.
>>
>>732237253
Treat em right OP and you have an allly for life. Kids can suck sometimes, but no one will love you more. Theres nothing better than moochers doing stuff you like with you.
>>
>>732242055
How many confirmed kills lol
>>
>>732242033
>Good ol' natural love, that's all your child needs.
Love won't pay for rent, electricity, water, garbage disposal, insurance, gas, food, clothes, shoes, and education.
>>
>>732242033
hitting your kids isnt love you massive retard.
>>
>>732242033
Yep. You can't put life into a book.
>>
>>732242128
Over 300!
>>
>>732242128

his other kids
>>
>>732242196
>Yep. You can't put life into a book.
You can, it just has to be a very big book.
>>
>>732237818
>but obviously I have thought im not bonded in the same way the mother is.

The mechanix are easy: babies eat, sleep, cry, and poop. they only have three cries at first - hungry, dirty, and scared/confused.

You get out as you put in. As you spend more time with your baby, they'll learn to trust you, and things get easier. The bond you're asking about comes from that time spent with your child. Same for mom, actually. Everyone thinks there's some magic that happens. Well, there is, and it's based on trust and love - love as a verb; love is what you do for your child, and how it makes you feel; and love is how your child responds when you give that love.

Have fun, and be prepared to learn a lot.
About yourself. About your spouse, your child.
About how simple life is really supposed to be...
It'll scare the crap outta you at times, but don't give up.
>>
>>732242196
but you can put information about parenting that has been backed by science in a book. just repeating what your parents did is probably going to just create another shithead that gets in arguments with people on 4chan.
>>
>>732242055
No, it's not bullshit. I was a bio major that switched to elm ed and picking up the early childhood was only an additional 12 credits. It was a no brainer to add the 2nd major. As to why I left bio it's because I couldn't manage the workload and play football at the same time. I was taking an overloaded semester (had to get it approved and everything) but it was too much.
>>
>>732242173
In the form of discipline, it is you brain dead moron. We're talking about using enough physical force to get your point across. We're not talking about beating the shit outta your kid just for the hell of it. Obviously that doesn't work. Not enough discipline is why we have a nation of either rebellious niggers or pansy ass fags.
>>
>>732242367
even spanking your kid as you describe doesnt work.

most niggers were spanked by their momma.
>>
>>732242321
I'm a psychology major and you lack enough knowledge to understand why your claims are bullshit.
>>
>>732241790
Last one almost killed my wife. Had my vasectomy one month later. Technucally still need to get tested to see if i shoot blanks now.
>>
>>732242314
Again, every child is different. What works for one child won't work for another. Chimps don't use parenting books and they seem to be better parents than a lot of humans.
>>
>>732242367
>We're talking about using enough physical force to get your point across.
Except you don't need any physical force at all, you mentally retarded fuck.
>>
>>732242489
How do you even figure that?
>>
No mention of paternity testing!? What are you all, a bunch of cucks? Insist on paternity testing. After a while, babymomma will start fucking other men on the side, seeing as she no longer has to work for your resources.

Also, has nobody noticed the casefile will drop on Mother's Day?
>>
>>732242623
just google "does spanking work" and youll figure it out if you really are as smart as you think you are.
>>
>>732242623
Sure, a little discipline isn't bad, physically harming your child is just fucking stupid, from a medical, as well as a psychological standpoint. It's like using an RPG when a scalpel will do.
>>
>>732242773
I understand the middle ground. I already posted that lived in fear of my father so I fully understand when violence is too much or too far. My daughter getting spanked is not going to set her up for failure. Like I said she's a sweetheart and social. I calculate and over analyze everything I do as a parent.
>>
>>732243015
Your history of violence makes your violence towards your daughter seem like it's little, and therefore the negative effects seem like they're little.
>>
>>732242497

been thinking about getting a vasectomy. how bad was the pain?
>>
>>732243181
just get some damn self control
>>
>>732237253
if its a girl rape her for every day she doesn't please you on her own and if its a girl turn into the perfect sociopath, for shits and giggles
>>
>>732237253
try and explore developmental psychology and general psychology and how to interact if you can. it's important to realize how your child perceives and reacts to you and what you do. Jordan peterson has some interesting and engaging things on this topic on youtube.
also, don't circumcise him unless it is a medical emergency. there is no practical benefit, and it is immoral.
would you crop your child's ears or bind their feet if it was the norm in society? no, because those are useless and detrimental things to do to a child. any piercing of flesh or surgery should be taken very seriously. I hope you discussed this with the mother.
stereotypical roles are more important than you think. lead by example, and never do for them what they are capable of doing for themselves. even if it means as a toddler dressing them in 5 minutes or having them do it themselves which takes 20. the goal with raising a child is to make them as independent as possible as fast as possible. this means not only teaching them how to do things, but teaching them how to learn to do something they've never done before. it also means teaching them HOW to make decisions, not just what decisions to make.
if you were are a parent that is generally successful, your child should grow up with a strong character, a value system that they desire, not just that was foisted upon them, and the ability to figure out and choose the best direction in life for themselves, and properly see that out.
>>
>>732238098
>"I'm not going to eat that"
>"then fine. go hungry"
>but I want pop tarts"
>"You're not getting pop tarts"
>"BUT A WANNA POP TART!" *proceeds to throw tantrum*
>*SMACK!* "you stop that or I will give you something to cry about"

That's pretty much how it was handled back in the day, but now.......
>"I'm not going to eat that"
>"But it's good for you, and yummy"
>but I want pop tarts"
>*An hour of negotiating later*
>*Kid throws tantrum*
>parents' hands are pretty much tied on disciplinary action
>wussy parent pretty much caves.
>Kid grows up to be entitled snowflake
>>
>>732243338
>if its a girl turn into the perfect sociopath
Sociopaths are little bitches, there is no perfection in there.
Psychopaths are the true best.
>>
>>732243387
faggot
>>
>>732243433
i meant boy i keep fucking up my words today jesus
>>
>>732243181
Get it done on a friday, and you will probably be ready for work on monday. Make sure to have a few bags of peas handy. My biggest mistake was not stopping the baby aspirin i take daily for my heart a week before. That caused more bleeding and the dr having to be a little more rough with the procedure.
>>
>>732243241
Yep, because im married and either dont like sex, love condoms, like the pull and pray method.

I decided to go with the method of being an adult and getting snipped so there wouldnt be an accident that could potentially kill my wife.
>>
>>732243519

ah ok

told my wife I'm not gonna do it if we're only gonna fuck like a few times a month....
>>
>>732243783
The thought of getting snipped was way worse than actually getting it done.
>>
>>732237253
if you're asking /b/ this you're probably not gonna be a that good of a father. js
>>
The single most cruel thing you can do is to =NOT= give them such things to believe in and be sure of; to leave them alone and confused with no frame of reference by which to interpret all the unspoken (and unspeakable) things in life...
>>
>I'm a dual major in early childhood development and elementary education

Even more strange that you are in fact contradict some scientists who already found an answer for this discussion long ago.

Because according to e.g. Heineken & Habermann (1994), punishment will never enforce a positive behavior but only weakens a negative behavior for a short time(!) and is deemed therefore a not sufficient method for raising a child.
>>
9 month abortion
>>
File: earthship.jpg (42KB, 625x377px) Image search: [Google]
earthship.jpg
42KB, 625x377px
>>732237253
real time relationships the logic of love

tony wright fruit evolution theory

Dominic O'Brien world memory champion

teach violin recreational mathematics Mandarin and Aristotelian logic (The Organon)

Buy silver as much as you can, also BTC and ETH

Ice age incoming pic related
>>
File: 841868278741.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
841868278741.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>732244158

Not everyone here is an deprived, primitive edgy faggot losers who like to watch rect-webms all day.

Some are (among other things) actually caring fathers & mothers.
>>
>>732245742
i like how the dude who drew that thought all he needs to live comfortably is a toilet and a sink.
>>
File: 1491095307415.jpg (28KB, 372x404px) Image search: [Google]
1491095307415.jpg
28KB, 372x404px
>>732237253
If the baby is crying its one of these 4 things
Hungry
Tired
Dirty diaper
Gas

Check this list, fix what's wrong, happy baby
Good luck
>>
>>732237253
Whatever you do
No matter how tempting
DO NOT SHAKE THE BABY
>>
>>732237253
Cuddle with it.

Don't let the nurses or anybody else push you away from your child.
You are as a starting father exactly as incompetent as a starting mother.

And forget the stupid shit about mother-love.
If you feed your child (use a bottle) you will bond.

Let this happen and you will feel another energy force inside you apart from self-preservation.

Men can be the better parents.
>>
>>732243416

You compare positive enforcement (tantrum => reward) and negative punishment (tantrum => punishment), while missing out the point that nobody is against punishment and for sure nobody is for positive enforcement of negative behavior, even tough I agree that many people today do make mistakes in this regard.

There are just always way better and more sustainable options for punishment than hitting your child.
>>
>>732246749
>>732246814
>be me
>father of 2 girls ages ~3, 5.5
Newborns can grate on the nerves. It doesn't last long tho so enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>732243416
If you are assertive, kids like it.
They seem to seek for it.

Both your cases are weak parents.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.