[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new phone /b/, trusty htc has failed me and is dying

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

File: samsung-galaxy-s8-.jpg (7KB, 160x212px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-s8-.jpg
7KB, 160x212px
I need a new phone /b/, trusty htc has failed me and is dying as i speak, thinking about a galaxy s8+, worth my while? If not have you any other suggestions
Thanks bros
>>
get a google pixel or an s8
>>
>>732147265
If you're in that price range, you can't go wrong with the pixel.
>>
wait for google pixel 2 or buy sony xz premium
>>
>falling for ridicolously overpriced phones
pleb
http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_621887.html?wid=11
just an example
>>
+1 for sony
>>
>>732145431
I bought the S8+ a week before launch, and I love it.

>the thing I don't love is the update that came out the other day in which if you choose to use Samsung's own services they record and store every single thing and even state that they can take anything you create, ideas, created media etc they can own it and sell it without notifying you
>>
>>732147552
>Being this poor in 2017
>>
>>732147265
Completely forgot the pixel was a thing, gonna check it out though
>>
>>732147861
The pixel uses anything you type and uses it in the background.
>>
>>732147403
Id say my current phone will last another two weeks max, top quarter of the touch screen is completely unresponsive and the volume up button doesnt work, not sure why i waited this long tbh
>>
>>732145431
u should look into the Mi Mix 256gb!
ive got one and its insane!
>>
>>732147552
Getting it on billpay which is 45 a month, pay 20 a month for my current plan anyway so an extra 25 quid isnt going to break the bank
>>
Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG ... all nice hardware. But seriously, the software mostly sucks, buy Google. Pixel if richfag, 5X for budget.
>>
Sony XZ Premium
- classic premium sturdy design
- best 2017 camera and performance
- 960FPS 720p recording on a phone
- light optimised near-stock version of android better than laggy touchwiz
it's going to be released on 1 june and if you pre order it you get 200$ Bluetooth headphones for free
>>
>>732147800
Fuckin jews
Seriously though thats pretty fucked
>>
>>732145431
whats your budget anon.
>>
Consider OnePlus. They still make phones that will last a couple of years because they still have something to prove as a small and relatively new company. It's the best phone I've ever had
>>
>>732148022
What do you mean?
>>
>>732148241
Sony's software is similar to the Google's pixel
>>
>>732148032
sony xz premium is going to be released in about 2-3 weeks
>>
>>732145431
Don't listen to any of these posts, just wait for One Plus Five, it'll get launched this summer and they're know for some of the best phones out there for a budget price. Check online, One Plus 3 is still a very good phone and is half the price of the shitty samsung's and htc's.

If you have the money/ are willing to spend so much on a phone, LG G6 ot Pixel 2 would be the so called "premium" choices. Would still recommend the One Plus 5.
>>
>>732148509
Sony, like about every other manufacturer
- install tons of bloatware
- brings updates for ~2 years
>>
>>732148458
Dont really have one, getting a few grand in tax returns in a week or two and have between 5-700 disposable income a week but it would physically pain me to hand over a grand for a phone so if i do i want something that'll last me a few years and is actually a decent phone
>>
>>732148472
Yeah a few of my pals have their phones, never really heard a bad thing
>>
>>732148679
Also, one plus 5 comes with almost stock android, don't need to bother with bloatware stuff.
>>
>>732145431
If you don't want to spend too much, consider the Motorola Moto series. Reliable, durable, and cheap.
>>
>>732148759
"lasts a few years" is actually the best argument for a Google phone (if you don't want to install a custom ROM like LineageOS)
>>
>>732148759
sorry to have to repeat myself OP...but check out the mi mix Badass phone
>>
File: beto[1].gif~c200.gif (113KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
beto[1].gif~c200.gif
113KB, 200x200px
>>732147800
holly shit wtf did i just read.
>>
>>732148943
Just gave it a google there, looks pretty nice, ever have any trouble with it?
>>
>>732148902
or an iPhone if you like/can stand Apple

(BTW: we have Sony Zs and I'm quite annoyed that I'm stuck with 5.1)
>>
Get an iphone lol
>>
>>732148382
You can choose not to use their services, but it seems like without using them you open yourself up to security breaches. I've still not decided wether or not to give in to it and just be careful with what, ultimately, everything I do.
>>
>>732148759
stay away from ishit, samsung and sony. Anything else is fine.
>>
>>732145431
My S4 finally died and I didn't want to spend 800 for something that would only last 2 years, so I got a Blu

This is the one I have, no problems http://bluproducts.com/devices/vivo-5r/

It's cheap so if it breaks I aint even mad
>>
>>732145431
get a LG G series
>>
>>732147823
I just don't see a point in paying for names.
My everyday phone is a CUBOT Dinosaur 4g.
It looks ok and works like a charm.
Solid 2 days of battery
130$
>>
>>732145431
You got the M8? mines started to die after 2 years.... bastard will only trickle charge and then dies at 21% charge :(

I'm thinking Pixel for security and android updates or S8 for top of the line pretty.
>>
>>732148230
Often cheaper to buy the phone and then get a sim only deal.
>>
ONE PLUS 3T
>>
>>732148902
Looking up there seems not many places here carry em, which is surprising considering im in ireland, but its definitely an option if i can find a shop that has em (second hand weirds me out, that phone was definitely held in someones hand as they fapped)
>>
Why wont anybody listen to me....
im not thaat gay..
last time: xiaomi mi mix 256gb 6gb ram
>>
>>732149509
M7 anon, got it maybe 2 years ago and only had trouble recently, absolutely fucked tho along with the problems i mentioned the headphone jack doesnt automatically detect when theres headphones in it, and have to use rotation and media output control apps just so its functional

And yeah i mean i know there are definitely better phones out there but the s8 is just so fuckin sexy looking
>>
>>732149571
I know yeah but honestly id almost rather pay an extra hundred or two over two years then give some fucker a grand on the spot, and then continue paying 20 quid every month anyway
>>
>>732149826
I told you i looked it up and asked you if you ever had any trouble with it
>>
>>732150070
The M8's a great phone just the shit cam that pissed me off other than that until recently its been perfect. until this phone I upgraded every year.
>>
>>732150283
oh...sorry didnt see that! the only downside to it its that the camera is not the best. other than that its awsomme. i use it pretty heavy and i still get almost two day between every charge.
>>
>>732150188
I saved something like £300 over two years but would have paid something like £30 a month contract plus some upfront instead I'm on a £7.50 1 month contract and actually get more data. I'm not a power user though so 2GB is fine for me.
>>
>>732150399
Yeah my gf has it and shes never had any trouble apart from the battery heating up like fuck when its a hot day
>>
>>732149826
>xiaomi mi mix
yeah.... still I'd rather America steal my data than the red army.
>>
>>732150661
Good luck with that
>>
>>732150601
And you're still planning on the Samsung ;) lel
>>
>>732150555
Its all g anon
See id prefer a decent camera tbh, easy as shit to make money off idiots on instagram if you can take decent pictures of things, not so much that id even consider buying a proper camera though, fuk that
Also nice trips
>>
>>732148679
>>732148865
Agreed. If you buy Samsung or HTC you know nothing about phones and are brainwashed by advertising. I'm not even starting about Apple
>>
>>732150561
Its not really that much of a difference here, theres an option to get the phone for free and then pay 60 quid a month for two years, or pay an amount upfront and get it for 40 a month, pretty heavy data user and the unlimited contract im on costs me 20 a month anyway so it doesnt seem like much of a jump, only issue is then youre tied down
>>
>>732148472
This, I've owned ever piece of the line up till the 3t. If you can, wait for the OnePlus 5 specwise, it's gonna be the best Android released up till then. At least till the Galaxy nuke 8 comes out.
>>
>>732150812
Ah ive had htc for a few years now i kinda want a change of scene yknow
>>
>>732151204
I went from Samsung to my M8. Was a nice jump, the sumsung had a good cam but shitty bloatware and the CPU at the time was pretty bad. All in all I jump to what ever flagship has the best specs at the time with priority on software, ram and camera. HTC has bloatware but its a lot easier to remove, disable/ignore than samsung's.... tempted by the Pixel purely so I can get a good phone and regular updates. When I was an S3 I think I got like 2 software updated the whole time and one was the day I got it.
>>
I have the oneplus 3 since July last year and I'm going to buy the upcoming oneplus 5. Not because there is anything wrong with my current phone but because I can still get €300 for my OP3 and I want the newest device possible.
>>
>>732151566
Wary of samsung fucking exploding too ngl
>>
Check this out. https://www.allaboutphones.nl/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/FireShot-Capture-11-Exclusive_-OnePlus-5-beats-the-Galaxy-_-http___www.gsmarena.com_exclusive_.png
>>
>>732148743
Bullshit. I has a z1 compact for 3 years and still got oem updates
>>
>>732153072
Yeah, shitty bloatware updates, but not Android updates
>>
>>732148759
OnePlus are excellent phones.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.