[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My daughter has colic. She does nothing but cry 24 hours a day.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: star.jpg (26KB, 448x435px) Image search: [Google]
star.jpg
26KB, 448x435px
My daughter has colic. She does nothing but cry 24 hours a day. She sleeps about 5 hours and the remaining 19 hours is a mixture of eating, crying, or crying while eating.

I am fucking done with this. I hate having a colicy baby. I hate having a baby in general. I want nothing more than the crying to stop. I hear it in my dreams and when I'm at work. I miss free time. I miss being able to do things I want to do. Instead all of my non-work and non-school time is devoted to sating an insatiable satan baby whom my wife and I both hate.

I hate her. At the same time I feel guilty for feeling this way. I am so fucking done. Don't ever have kids. It's literally the worst decision anyone could ever make in their lives.

Fuck everything. Don't respond to this thread.
>>
Ok.
>>
Just think, that nut could have gone into a sock.
>>
>>732005287
I wish it did.
>>
>>732005391
Sex will never be worth it, man.
>>
It will pass friend. the first woo days are the darkest. Year 2 is amazing... you can do it!! Loads of love from a fellow dad anon who had no sleep and a new teaching job at the same time.
>>
>>732004810
I havent had more than 4 hours solid sleep in 3 years... but you know what? Its worth every second. If you dont feel that way you dont deserve to be a fucking parent.

TLDR: grow up
>>
Woo?? 100 lol
>>
>>732005543
>you dont deserve to be a fucking parent
Bit late to be worrying about worth, that egg's hatched.
>>
File: 1494286442440.gif (4KB, 256x272px) Image search: [Google]
1494286442440.gif
4KB, 256x272px
>>732004810
>colic
I'm no doctor, but that shit goes away after a bit. Quit being a selfish cunt, it'll pass soon enough.

>Fuck everything. Don't respond to this thread.
fuccboi
>>
>>732005543
You dont get to tell someone who is struggling that they don't deserve to be a parent. You know better than that. Have some compassion fellow anon
>>
>>732004810
Fuck you you selfish fuck!

Your Kid didnt ask to be Made, so do your Job you stupid fucktard!
>>
>>732004810
Did your wife give birth to you, whiny bitch?
>>
If being a parent isn't the hardest thing you've done then you're not doing it right. Kia kaha
>>
>>732005543
Does what you're saying sound acceptable in your head? I love my daughter and I feel guilty for feeling the way I do.

The colic is the icing on top. I knew full well that I'd lose my free time raising a normal child but this is fucking insanity on top of working and going to uni full time.

I never had a father and the thought of leaving her sickens me because she deserves better than I had. That's why I'm working my ass off to give her a better life. All that I ask is some free time to decompress and not hear Satan's shrieking nonfuckingstop.

>>732005534
I really hope so. I'm just extremely frustrated. As a male its hard to find people to talk to about it.
>>
>>732004810
Rape. Murder. Dispose. Doesn't have to be in that or either.
>>
>>732004810
I think you want mumsnet, this is /b/
>>
>>732004810
See if it blends
>>
>>732005803
You can do it OP, just hold on!
>>
>>732005543
>I assume everyone else's experience is identical to mine
>if someone else has harder time with something than I did it must be because they are inferior to me, not because the circumstances of their life might be different
>I don't think critically about this because it's more fun to feel self-righteous
Are you done jerking yourself off over there?
>>
Whoops, SIDS!
>>
>>732004810
Jeez get some ear plugs fag
>>
File: 1248890657471.jpg (74KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1248890657471.jpg
74KB, 800x800px
>>732005803
>yfw she is destined to grow into a vapid cockholster and there's not a goddamned thing you can do about it
>>
File: sexfroge.gif (182KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
sexfroge.gif
182KB, 226x224px
>>732004810
discord gg/ZdjwRzr
sex froge
>>
>>732005803
Got any dad friends? We've all had our struggles, we just play our cards closer to our chests because otherwise you get the really helpful responses demonstrated by the douche monkeys in this thread.
>>
>>732004810

Are you sure its colic? There are plenty of other common problems that will make a baby cry - teething, constipation, boredom even. They all have solutions that will make it a bit better if youre treating the right thing. How olds your kid?
>>
>>732004810
Your baby deserves a better mother.
>>
>>732004810
And father.
>>
>>732004810
Why don't you sell her?
>>
>>732006318
I don't have many dad friends because I'm an introvert. Lately wife and I have tried to branch out though, for obvious reasons. We both need people to talk to.

>>732006325
I'm almost certain its colic by now. Shes 2.5 mo. old. The crying persists after feeds, burps, changes, during holding and rocking. Its pretty rare that she is awake and not crying over the past week.
>>
>>732004810
You're mentally challenged and a fucking cock gobbler.
Having a baby is the best thing ever, I love my child and being at work, away from my family feels like fucking chemotherapy.
If you don't understand the hardships of being a parent in the first place, BEFORE getting a kid, you're a waste of biomass anyway...
>>
>>732006520

Keep hitting up the dr if you can. It'll get better with time.

Ive got a 1 year old and a 4 year old, and sometimes it feels like Im in a living hell of long work days to pay the bills, followed by being screamed at until the kids fall asleep. Right now, I couldnt possibly suggest anyone ever have kids. Why would we do this to ourselves?

But I look at my 4 year old and I know the 1 year old will grow out of it. You'll see. Its shit now for you, and will be for a while bro, but then it gets pretty fucking awesome in ways you cant even expect
>>
We had some mayor colic from 8 weeks to about 6 months. Its hard. being an introvert doesn't help much either. I feel ya. My wife found some solace in the "scary mommy" blog for the mixed emotions a really tough time with babby #1 created. Kia kaha brother. You can and will get through it.
>>
>>732006989
This anon knows what's up.
>>
>>732006989
>>732007163
Thanks anons for your kind words. Tonight has been harder than other nights. Shes asleep now.
>>
If you think you might be feeling violent toward your baby talk to someone not on /b/. What your feeling is not rare. Most people get past it and learn to find peace but some cant. Not everyone can be a parent. That might be you. Maybe the best choice a father can make is to let someone else raise your kid because they might drown in a bathtub if you try.
>>
>>732004810
Give this a try, /b/dad
https://draxe.com/colic-natural-remedies/
>>
>>732007328
Praise the great spaghetti monster in the sky!! Now crack open a bottle/burn a bowl of your favourite chemical reward and bask in the sweet silence :)
>>
>
>>
I've got a 7 year old and a 2 year old and my wife's currently 19 weeks pregnant. Man the fuck up
>>
We made fennel tea by boiling the seeds, and found some black stuff our midwife recommended. Both may have helped somewhat, or at least let us feel like there was something we could do. As anob above said, if you are starting to feel like violence, seek professional help. But remember you have to be an incredibly shitty parent to be a worse parent than the state, but they do exist. Venting is a great way to release some pressure. Kia kaha from NZ
>>
OP here. Just so we're clear I never once considered violence toward her, myself, or anyone and the idea is abhorrent.

To those with kind words, thank you. To those telling me to buck up, thank you too. I need both tonight.

Sage the thread.
>>
I have no kids. I love it.
But also sad because my beautiful genes will probably never be passed on.
>>
>>732004810
I may not be a parent but I help raise my lil brother and sister so maybe it might count a lil? Anyways just try venting and dont take it out on the baby, she is not doing it to torture you she is doing it cause shes in pain and you just need to be by her when she needs you cause you are her father and she is only a baby she cant really do much besides just lay there and try and take the pain. Try when picking her up be calm and relaxed and just hold her and I read that some releif might come from pushing on her stomach gently to help relieve her gas.

Also sorry for bad spelling on phone with small keyboard.
>>
>>732004810
There are over-the-counter treatments for colic.
If your kid is suffering it's you who is making her suffer.
You are a shit-poor Dad.
>>
Anon, have you been to the dr? It might not be colic and could be something called reflux instead. Is it worse when she's laying down? Is she formula fed and if so have you tried changing types? How about allergies to what the mother is eating. You should really bring this up at her well baby visits which I'm assuming she goes to.
>>
>>732004810
Hi I have a daughter. Please take her to a paediatrician asap. It shouldn't be happening
>>
I'm a parent of 9 month old&2 year old.

My eldest was a fussy child. Sure, it was frustrating at times. Often. She's still struggling with sleep. At year 1 she had dermatitis that kept her up at night itching and crying. We tried everything - antihistamines, expensive ointments, drops, you name it.

I worked 8-12 hours five days a week at an exhausting job. I was drained by the time I got home, but my wife always kept the house clean and dinner on the table. She didn't turn down sex even when she was exhausted, pregnant or plain meh.

By the time our second was born, I took two months paternity leave. Up until then I thought I was exhausted - I was wrong. Just wrangling one kid in sound mind and body is much much more difficult than any kind of job I've ever had! (Emergency paramedic included).

So before you start whining, think of how your partner feels with a 24/7 screaming kid attached to her. Do you let her rest or just sit there and complain? Do you use videogames or any other thing to escape this? Do you pay attention to her, like a gf/wife, like a human? She's not just a mother. She's a human that needs rest and attention and appreciation.

IMHO you shouldn't have had this child at all. Your feelings are perfectly valid, but as some posters have said, some people are not fit for the responsibility of being a parent. The first right step would be contacting grandparents/aunts/etc to place the baby with for a couple of hours and schedule some therapy. You say that there were no violent thoughts/actions towards the baby, but it sounds like you're in denial.

Wishing that the baby would "just shut up" is one of these toxic thoughts because you as a parent should firstly think "What is wrong?/How do I fix it?". The baby relies on you 100%.

Please hurry the fuck up and see a professional. I'm not trying to scare you, but stress can manifest itself in mild-to-extreme psychotic episodes. Stop before you do something you'll regret.
>>
File: X4A[1].jpg (601KB, 1929x2000px) Image search: [Google]
X4A[1].jpg
601KB, 1929x2000px
>>732004810
let her cry in her bed
go outside for 10 minutes to clear your head
nothing wrong with that

or just use pic related. get the ones with radio or Bluetooth
>>
>>732009291
(that comment too long)

Also - it might not be colic. Colic is cyclical, with bouts of crying and resting, it's something like 1:2. One hour of crying per two resting hours.

Check your child's whole (!) digestive system, schedule the most sensitive tests for celiac disease, lactose intolerance, nutrient+lactose malabsorption. Get her a MRI brain scan. Blood tests for magnesium and iron levels.

Where is she on the growth and development precentile?

I'll simplify - how big are you and your wife, and how much does baby weigh and measure? What can she do? (Lifts head, holds head, rolls over?)

Formula or breast fed?

I'm a medfag, might know something.
>>
>>732009585
>
Check your child's whole (!) digestive system, schedule the most sensitive tests for celiac disease, lactose intolerance, nutrient+lactose malabsorption. Get her a MRI brain scan. Blood tests for magnesium and iron levels.
If she wasn't gaining nutrients she wouldn't gain weight at the proper rate right? She's doing well so far in that respect.

>Where is she on the growth and development precentile?
Unsure of the percentile but she was born premature at 5-7, shes now 11-5 at 2.5 mo.

>I'll simplify - how big are you and your wife, and how much does baby weigh and measure? What can she do? (Lifts head, holds head, rolls over?)
We're average-sized. Not athletic but not obese. She can support her head really well, track objects, smile. She can't roll over yet.

>Formula or breast fed?
Started breastfed but moved to all formula after a month. Wife was having difficultiultues producing enough. It was also causing anxiety and PPD symptoms in her.

Thank you.

>>732009291
While your comment feels truthful and I appreciate the feedback, nothing regretful will happen. That said I am going to seek some counseling because the bouts of sadness out of nowhere are distressing. I know it is because of her but that does not imply any harm will come to her. Not now or ever.

What I do regret though is making this thread. I needed a vent while she cried. Next time I'll just take a walk after she's been fed, changed, burped, etc.
>>
>>732004810
As a 44 year old guy with 0 children: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :P
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.