[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not gonna lie my life is a pile of shit. I'm 27,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0735.jpg (29KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.jpg
29KB, 240x320px
I'm not gonna lie my life is a pile of shit. I'm 27, live with my parents, have no job, no girlfriend, no prospects. My music career has fizzled to nothing. I have no reason to live and yet I've never had any desire to end my life. I'd rather live homeless. Explain to me the reason why other pussies end their life and im still here?
>>
>>731793386
what sort of music did you make
>>
>>731793876
I was a producer/ songwriter. Mostly pop/hip hop stuff.
>>
>>731793386
Because you either don't have the balls to go through with it or you've got a reason for staying. My reason is my 2 kids even though every day feels like fucking torture in my mind due to PTSD, depression and anxiety. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be writing this post.
>>
>>731794116
and what happened to your career?
>>
>>731793386
Kill yourself already
>>
File: WfKVbeFR.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
WfKVbeFR.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>731793386
neet life is best
>>
>>731794148
But I've never even had the desire to end my life. Not even once. And yet my life just keeps fading into nothingness but I don't feel like ending it at all.
>>
For somebody even the shitties of lifes is better than death, enjoying the little things makes us go forward
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
If you don't look like this then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>731794154
I just lost all my passion and shortly after it was as if I never played music. I could barely write a nursery rhyme. It's like my mind doesn't want to think about music and I can't make it do it anymore
>>
>>731794305
Didn't i say I wasn't trying to kill myself? My point was other people do in my situation but I've never had any thought/desire to
>>
>>731794205
Lol thanks friend!
>>
>>731794327
what instruments do you play?
>>
>>731793386
if i understand right you're in a pretty cool position:
nothing to loose, hardly any social bonds, no financial bonds like a rent contract etc, a skillset that makes you able to work from anywhere as long as you have a laptop...

take the chance, move to another country and start over.

i've been there in your position,
took the minor risk (->nothing to loose, hardly any risk), and it paid out.

i lost everything, took my laptop and moved to a 10 sqm apartment in another country,
8 years later 110 sqm, 10 grand a month and a loving wife.

life changes constantly, but you need to get your ass up to make i happen.
>>
only the optimists kill themselves.
>>
>>731794586
Guitar, bass, vocals and electronic music programming
>>
File: IMG_0736.jpg (87KB, 560x807px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
87KB, 560x807px
>>731794639
Fuck this kinda made me feel better idk why haha
>>
>>731794647
what company did you work for?
>>
>>731794637
I mean I moved to Portland Oregon and it failed miserably. ACTAULLY that's when all of this started. I don't live there anymore tho. I wish I did but I didn't have the money.
>>
>>731794818
Myself as a musician and at a marijuana dispensary
>>
I'm not gonna lie my life is a pile of shit. I'm 24, dont live with my parents, have had jobs since I was 15 (currently build high end guitars for fuck all money), have a fiancee, and pets, My music career has also fizzled to nothing because of said jobs and people slowly wearing me down by saying I have no talent. I have plenty of so called reason to live and yet every day I wonder if I should just not be here. I'd rather live re start my life elsewhere. The reason we keep on keeping on is simple, you either want to see what's going to happen next or you don't, the trick I've used for years now to stave off the black dog is finding something no matter how arbitrary and clinging to it eg "I'm not going to kill myself because I want to watch the next season of this Tv show" or "I can't kill myself yet because I still have a dozen beers left in my slab and they'd go to waste" the trick is I never run out of beer. I guess my point is man you will be ok, get out there, start looking for work, start finding joy in the smaller things and the rest will come, don't worry about where society thinks you should be, focus on you
>>
OP, people will miss you. You aren't a pussy. Go to more social outings. Join a gym. Go to meetup.com. You worked in music, support your local musicians, go to house shows. Rome wasn't built in a day, but the more you can will yourself to be a better person, the better off you will be. Please don't contiplate suicide. You are more important and a better person.

-Tr3v
>>
start working something real if your music thing didn't work out. you're 27 ffs
>>
>>731794856
>>731794918
I suppose I still have that little ember of passion in me. It's just every time I go to stoke it I can't find the energy. And then it's like my mind goes blank and I'm powerless. But I know there's still some passion left I just can't make it grow.
>>
>>731793386
>other pussies end their life
Because you're not man enough to realise you're wasting resources that could go to real people.
You are the only pussy here.
Kill yourself and stream it if you're not a pussy.
>>
>>731795015
That's the point dude. I've been playing instruments since I was 5yo. It's MY LIFE! and now it's like it's gone. Fuck just making money I miss my passion.
>>
>>731795156
lol ur hilarious
>>
>>731795186
Man up
>>
>>731795118
Don't force it mate, just pick up your bass, play some scales, get some mates together to fuck around and play some covers, over time the passion will come back, I know your situation mate, it's a tough one
>>
>>731795168
lazy faggot grow up
>>
>>731795118
Muster the strength and courage to do it once. Once you do it one time, every time is easier after that. People like seeing a familiar face, even if you don't talk to them right away. Especially house shows, and you should know as a musician (I'm one too).

-Tr3v
>>
>>731794821
go to some place in europe,
france, germany, etc,
changing cities within the US doesnt really make a difference.

go burgerflippin until you have 2000 dollars,
look for an internship or a minor job within europe,
live in a shared appartment for some euros,
you have social security, health insurance, new people, new life.

would have been really lucky if it worked out first try for you, most things dont work like that
>>
>>731793386
Go out, travel and experience to ignite inspiration for your music.

Don't give up.
>>
>>731795320
Thanks for the encouragement!
>>
>>731793386
Explain to me why you're here? Sounds like you shouldn't be.
>>
>>731795366
Yeah I guess having it not work the first
Time put me off from trying again. I suppose it took me more than one time to learn a song on the guitar so...
>>
>>731795584
Right, you've got this!

Try!
>>
>>731795506
You're right I shouldn't be here but I am here.
>>
>>731795695
Wow, That's a great explanation.
It seems your inability to comprehend English might be why your music career flopped.
>>
File: Afghan-sunrise-chapman.jpg (22KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Afghan-sunrise-chapman.jpg
22KB, 600x400px
Develop a better relationship status with your parents if you haven't already.
Get a new job,a better job / join the army.
Do something with your life ,dont be a coward and end it like a bitch.Remember that even if you kill yourself they are going to cry that you are dead , but you will be remembered as a coward , deep down.
Go out and do something with your fucking life idiot.
>>
>>731795783
Haha thanks for making me laugh today
>>
>>731795584
exactly thats what it is.

as i said, "nothing to loose" equals "free to start over", which is a great state to be in, once you realise that you really just need to start doing it.

cheers to you, anon, i know it's gonna get better at some point for you, as cheesy as it may sound... effort pays out, sooner or later
>>
>>731795858
Get a better job?! OMG what a great idea. Do I just type 'better job' into Craigslist?! Lol...
>>
>>731795931
Hey, You too pal. I'm 21 and own a house you fucking pleb.
>>
>>731794327
I've heard of that phenomenon. I'm a classical pianist and know of several composers that had periods of little or no output. Other composers wrote but were highly critical of their own work.
>>
>>731793386
Your suffering from Anhedonia, OP. Find something that makes your happy or that your good and and make money doing it. If not then kys, stop leeching off your aging parents.
>>
>>731796009
Lol are you must be that neuro surgeon with the supermodel wife that was on here yesterday hahaha
>>
>>731794270

'fading into nothingness' i feel you anon.
>>
>>731796009
the house you built on minecraft doesn't help you piece of shit
>>
>>731795989
>>731795989
FIND IT YOURSELF,DONT EXPECT SOMEONE WILL FUCKING CALL YOU HEY I GOT THIS PERFECT JOB FOR YOU , THAT PAYS GREAT AND IS EASY.
>>
>>731794846
>marijuana dispensary
you fucked yourself over. hippies only care about weed. the music is just an added bonus
>>
>>731793386
perhaps your like me, deep down you think you have nothing better to do and have no desire to hasten your fate
>>
>>731793386

>parents still alive to live with
>>
>>731796151
lol someone doesn't know what sarcasm is... hahaha
>>
>>731796259
True AF.
>>
>>731796222
I won't lie you're kinda right. People who smoke weed are cool but people who sell it 9 outta 10 times only care about making more money to buy more weed for themselves and fuck anyone else.
>>
>>731793386
Try a nee trade craft that utilizes creativity. Carpentry or more specifically cabinet making since you were a musician; maybe try learning to cook in a restaurant. There's a ton of shit a creative like you could learn and get great satisfaction from. Don't wait around you're allowed more than one passion. So get out and be a multifaceted person and gain some perspective. You may find your passion for music renewed with previously unkown vigor and depth with a little perspective and the confidence that proficiency in a new art instills.
>>
I had the same sort of shit happen to me.
A person who follows their dream and gets hammered has to re--group, learn your lesson, and make it happen for yourself. Don't let someone give you your break.
Fuck the industry and make it your own.
>>
>>731797064
I suppose that's why I'm still here. I know I've been on a journey and I have a lot to offer. I guess I just thought I would still have the passion/drive. It's like I have all this material and no energy to do anything with it where as before I had all the energy but was 18 and didn't know a damn thing about a damn thing. Life's funny lol
>>
>my music career has fizzled to nothing

This is where you fucked up. As a fellow musician who thought I was gonna make it as well, I actually went out and got a real education and experience on the job along with trying to make it into the music biz.
>>
>>731793386
Are you from Florida and want famous friends?
>>
>>
>>731797555
No and famous friends usually mean fake friends so no.
>>
>>731797440
I had a regular job and a job making
Music at the same time. whats ur point?
>>
>my music career has fizzled to nothing
If you get a job with a decent salary you could still do that on top of it. And once you have a decent salary, you'll be able to move out. Then the girlfriend and the prospects will eventually come in too.
It's never too late, just get your ass off of /b/ and start looking for jobs.
>>
>>731798116
The point is I had the things you are telling me to get. I had a job. A girlfriend. My own place. But my depression and loss of passion took it from me. I put up a fight but it didn't seem to make any difference. The point is going through everything makes me not want to go through it again but at the same time I'm not trying to kill my self. It's like I'm in limbo.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.