[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm working on a scifi/fantasy story and I've hit a

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: waterfall-8b.jpg (275KB, 783x997px) Image search: [Google]
waterfall-8b.jpg
275KB, 783x997px
I'm working on a scifi/fantasy story and I've hit a sort of road-block.

I can't seem to think of a name or cultural nickname for a race in my setting.
>They are cloned humans that are genetically modified in a lab to be the perfect servants
>They are strong, moderately intelligent, and resistent to disease
>All of them are male, and they are treated fairly
>They work for half a season, then are given complete freedom for half a season, in cycles
>They are given more respect than you'd typically expect of a slave, but many people still look down on them

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The story will essentially be about a man of this race breaking the mould of this culture, and aspiring to have a life beyond servitude to become a space pirate that fucks alien bitches.
>>
>>731467504
cis-male
>>
>>731467504
Space-Niggers
>>
>>731467504
I love the idea in all honesty. For my short stories and every type of thing I create, I usually fall back to fantasynamegenerator. Com. It helped me with everything from names to weapons to ships. Really good tool to use. Wish you best of luck!
>>
>>731467504
Hyper-intelligent Nig Nogians
>>
>>731467926
It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but it could be a good mind jogger or start.
>>
Something based on Eve, saying as she was meant to be the helper of man
>>
>>731467504
Scrap that and continue the Time Hump Chronicles. Better use of everyone's time.
>>
>>731467504
Mandingo Manly Men
>>
Chads
>>
>>731467504
How about Serfs?
noun
plural noun: serfs
an agricultural laborer bound under the feudal system to work on his lord's estate.
>>
>>731468031
>>731467926
Despite how often I use this for other stuff, I didn't think to use it for something like a faction or caste of people. Thanks Anons.

I thought it would be more interesting to write this sort of story about a race that is treated with more dignity. The idea of someone choosing a life of danger and consequence over one of comfort seems compelling to me.
>>
>>731467504
Chimp-Negro hyprid 41K
>>
>>731467504
Drones, dumb ass
>>
>>731467504
Repurpose a word. It's not technically accurate but...
Eunich resonates as a decent representation
>>
Vitros
>>
File: WeMakeFugNow.jpg (118KB, 1000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
WeMakeFugNow.jpg
118KB, 1000x1331px
>>731468267
Wait! This is perfect! (It's silly, now that it's put right in front of me.)
>>
>>731467504
How about ''Weewuzkangs'' and in shortened form ''Kangs''.
>>
>>731468378
Yay! I did something!
>>
>>731468378
don't listen to him that's really an offensive term for ''African american''. I wouldn't use that.
>>
>>731467504
I'd combine known attributes with bastardized latin:
servant: servus
male: masculum
healthy: sanus
ser-ma-nus? No, got the word anus included.
ma-ser-nus? Ok i guess?
Something like that, names with meanings behind them are more fun, you don't even have to tell the audience how you developed the name.
>>
>>731468490
But my main protagonist is literally going to ravage one of his master's wives at the end of the first chapter, and she is a "woman of color". (Which will in some way be symbolic of modern man breaking free from the chains of "Political Correctness" and taking his own path.)
>>
>>731467504
Why not call them the Eutomers? A Eutomer is created to have a purpose in life.
>>
File: Niggerus chimplicus.jpg (20KB, 306x289px) Image search: [Google]
Niggerus chimplicus.jpg
20KB, 306x289px
>>731468572
Niggerus Chimplicus
>>
>>731468572
That's an interesting thought, too. I have a scene with exposition where a geneticist is discussing how they came in to being. I might make him refer to them by a name like this, instead, while "serf" or "slave" will be what common people call them.
>>
>>731468490
Serfs werent just black, what the fuck are you on. Ignore this guy, the word Serf is a decent moniker for these people, based on your limited description. Perhaps phase serfs, or cyclic serfs,or seasonal serfs. Find a term that fits the on/off of the name, but keep the serf part, it fits.
>>
>>731468490
its a medieval term..
>>
>>731467504
Names don't matter
If you cannot just leave a filler and move on you have a much deeper problem
This is common among people who always talk about writing stories, but never finish them.

Forget the name, write the story
>>
>>731468646
What if instead of your character having consensual sex with one colored woman it was just a story about one great big Nig Nog who rapes a bunch of white women then gets linched.
>>
>>731468858
The reason I like "serf" is because it can also be used with futuristic sounding shit. I'm trying to give a vibe where the reader will get comfortable with medieval/historical shit one moment, and then suddenly remember, "Oh yeah, they're all on a starship".

>>731468884
You're right, anon. From here on out I'm just going to use a randomly generated filler word until I can come up with something. It's good advice.
>>
>>731468981
Nah, we've already seen that shit get played out. Racially charged stuff isn't really that great, anyway. Who really cares anyway?
>>
>>731468858
All serfs were Irish (Who used to black) but through years of selective breeding were made acceptable for the white man to look at. However their negroid features are still apparent despite generations of selective breeding/culling.
>>
>>731469248
put me in touch with your dealer
>>
>>731469157
I just like books where you can put ''based on a true story'' in the preface.
>>
File: Irish-Negroid.jpg (16KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
Irish-Negroid.jpg
16KB, 342x342px
>>731469307
You would know this if you weren't a newfag, 4chan exposed the irish as closet-negros years ago.
>>
>>731467504
>Search for a portmanteau generator.
>Find two words that literally describe this race.
>Use a lesser known synonym for each word.
>Generate a portmanteau from the synonyms.
>>
kuntz
>>
File: MassiveFaggot.jpg (67KB, 558x302px) Image search: [Google]
MassiveFaggot.jpg
67KB, 558x302px
>>731468878
What like Faggot ?
>>
I'm working on one, and i used the term 'Synthetic'.
>>
>>731467504
ANONS (or ANONES) sounds perfect
>>
>>731470075
fallout 4 ? kek
>>
>>731467504
Uh Thralls? Do you even talislanta bro?
>>
>>731470377
I gave thought to "Thralls", actually. or something similar, but I felt like it was a tad too heavy-handed. I wanted to still give the impression that they had some freedoms and weren't completely under the control of their masters.
>>
>>731467504
You had me at everything except off half the season, I was thinking "white men" till I read that.
>>
>>731470553
call them 'the indentured'

like indentured servant
>>
>>731470553
How about villein, not as common as the word serf but similar meaning.
>>
Nicknamed Mules.
>>
>>731467504
Redundancies
>>
>>731467504
Jig-A-Bots?
>>
>>731467504
Call them "Toby"
>>
>>731467504
Alpha Primitives
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.