[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to get into producing music and making beats. Anyone

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

File: Booth-bannersize.jpg (241KB, 1123x480px) Image search: [Google]
Booth-bannersize.jpg
241KB, 1123x480px
I really want to get into producing music and making beats. Anyone know where to start.
>>
get empty paint cans and sit in the street banging them with sticks
>>
Ableton or Fruity Loops and youtube

don't waste your money on hardware at first
>>
>>731430809
Literally all you need is lmms (free song writing software) and some good vst's
>>
If you need to be educated on how to create music you don't deserve to be a musician, wait not musician, 440hz clone contributing to the further degeneracy of society

look into 432hz

also stop saying "beats"
>>
lmfao i'm an underground producer. ur in luck. all you need is fl studio 11 and some decent packs. i can send you them if you need. i work with most of the top tier underground rappers. xxx, ski mask, purp, etc. mainly ski mask. i have all the sounds you really need
>>
>>731430809
BY HITTING LIKE ON MY BANDS NEW VID
https://youtu.be/mRlpyPrtWsw
U SOUND LIKE A ROOKIE
>>
>>731430809
ALL U WANTING TO BE MUSICIANS BETA TAKE NOTES
HIT LIKE
>>
FL Studio. Look it up. Watch YouTube vids to start learning. It's easy. Just takes some dedication to learn. Looks overwhelming at first but it's not
>>
>>731431165

if real that would actually be great. Could really use something to start :^)
>>
>>731431157
Dodge broke fegits who cant make music like dis guy. Then ->
Listen to the guy who runs FL studio, take the soundpacks he sends you, use nothing else, either he will hook you up with some good chords to start out with, or you can find some on youtube - then make what you think is cool, not what you think gonna blow, it works the other way around
>>
>>731431677
HIT LIKE NIGGER https://youtu.be/mRlpyPrtWsw
>>
>>731431165
also these are the essential vsts you'll want
>electrax 1 and 2
>omnisphere
>nexus (most sounds have been used in many songs so they are outplayed but still a good vst)
>gladiator
>purity (pretty outplayed sounds)
>nemesis
>>
>>731431157
Or 444hz
>>
Also, torrent fl Studio.. Will save you lots of money. Can also torrent the sound packs and save thousands
>>
>>731431840
i was definitely considering this an option, ty
>>
>>731431790
thanks for this, really helps
>>
take piano lessons and get a solid foundation of music theory. then invest in a daw and start experimenting.
>>
>>731431759
alright thanks for advice
>>
>>731431840
Not OP, but I am considering torrenting FL Studio. However, I have never torrented anything except some obscure albums and that was back in 2013-14 so I don't remember much. Should I actually torrent? How do I get a VPN?
>>
>>731431941
Np bro. Oh and you'll also want some quality speakers or headphones
>>
>>731432014
i'm puttin the kit in a zip for mediafire. i just looked for the kit online because it used to be easy to find but it isn't anymore. it's called "Audio Crack Dealers Drumkit"
>>
LIKE THIS VID ITS MY BAND
>>
>>731432056
i've already got the piano experience, just don't know my way around daws or packs for them. Also don't know if i need any hardware or not
>>
learn to play piano
>>
>>731432119
Honestly man, I wouldn't worry about VPN with fl Studio. Not saying it's 100% safe, but I've never got caught downloading it and I've redownloaded it many times throughout these past 8 years
>>
>>731430809
learn to play an actual instrument instead of pretending like every other DJ out there...oh and what you're doing isn't music retard
>>
>>731432165
thanks a bunch man
>>
>>731431165
>fl studio 11 and some decent packs

Don't listen to this fucking idiot.

Use Logic (mac) or Pro Tools as a DAW or Ableton/Reason if into electronic. Grab NI Komplete until you can invest in hardware, a decent external sound card, and invest 300+ in monitors. Create your OWN sounds, be original and challenge the sounds that inspire you. Learn aspect of mastering, side chain and parallel compression and so on. Listen more to your favourite music, the intricacies, what keeps them exciting.

Don't use packs, it's so easy to hear retards that do.
And never put your work out until it raise the hairs on your neck, cause after you spam your first few tracks that you do, no one will listen or care when you make a blinder.

I work in a pro studio with pro producers.
>>
>>731430928
Truth
>>
>>731432315
chill buddy, already got years of experience with piano and violin. Just think some people can make some great things with daws and I'd like to learn how to as well :^)
>>
>>731430928
>Ableton or Fruity Loops and youtube
>don't waste your money on hardware at first
Anon nails it. I'm a bit of a gear head so some of us just love the gear - but learn music theory - learn the software - then put together your studio
>>
>>731432344
Using logic is a consideration but fl Studio is more user friendly. Also using pre-made sound packs is good for beginners too until you learn the ropes
>>
File: 972afe43fbd3f99b3525c45b7e5bb69d.png (412KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
972afe43fbd3f99b3525c45b7e5bb69d.png
412KB, 1600x900px
>>731432344
don't listen to me? i'm an idiot? is that why i'm 18 making 3k a month?
>>
>>731432542
>Using logic
I'm such an old logic fag that I have a Unitor 8 midi bridge as a part of my setup.
>>
>>731432344
I appreciate second half of advice (good to know), but i wanna hear everyone out aswell :^)
>>
>>731432542
>using pre-made sound packs is good for beginners too until you learn the ropes

It's not, it's lazy and unimaginative. We spot pack users in the studio and laugh at them. The shit all sounds the same, imagine the thousands of people out there with the same packs trying to be Beatport retards.

I can't emphasise this enough, make your own!

FL isn't bad, but the built VST's sound ropey, and the MIDI capabilities are pretty woeful.

Logic is pants to use.
>>
>>731432542
Thanks for this, good to know from anons with experience :^)
>>
Buy a workstation keyboard of something with sampling, rhythm machine, and synthesizer built in. It really depends on what you're into because a lot of gear has different sounds, etc. Hardware is the way to go if you want to be serious about it, a workstation keyboard is all you need as a newb.
>>
>>731432688
xxxtennisballs holy shit
>>
>>731430809
>I really want to get into producing music and making beats. Anyone know where to start.

Get a computer and some software and DO IT, pRODUCE sHIT and see if anyone wants to hear it. THE WAY TO DO IS TO BE
>>
>>731432688
holy shit dude, you doin pretty well for yourself. Would love to learn more from you :^)
>>
>>731432932
For starting out can I use packs. I'm not loaded so can't afford too much hardware :^(
>>
>>731433026
thanks for the inspiring words anon, you really don't know how much this helps :^)
>>
>>731433151
>For starting out can I use packs.
If you want to make beats. Learn how to construct a beat.
>>
>>731433026
>THE WAY TO DO IS TO BE
The way to be is to do nignog
>>
>>731432688

The people I'm talking about are travelling the world playing sold out gigs. I made $3k a month too when I was 18 working in a pub in Liverpool.

My nieces have almost the same amount of followers, easy to to do when you know how. They spam K-Pop videos.

Gigging for the right producer can command £2k a night. Being original enough to get there is something else. Starting with packs is definitely not the right direction.
>>
Get an instrument and learn to play it fgt.
>>
>>731433261

This. And if you get good at it, sell them to packtards.
>>
>>731433042
just learn the program fully so that you can transfer the ideas in your head to the program. that was my problem at first. had the beat in my head, but couldn't put it on the program because i didn't know how to master or navigate well. learn the keyboard short cuts too.
>>
>>731430809
Ba-boom-chi!
>>
>>731433434
i'm not saying 3k is alot. i could be making that somewhere else working my ass off. i'm just saying i'm doing what i love and am making decent money. i should be getting 5k per month in a half year or so. it keeps going up. it's easier to start with packs than it is to design sounds in my opinion.
>>
>>731433613
thanks for wise words
>>
>>731433894
buddy is that you
>>
If you have your basic and some talent you can do some good shit on that https://www.audiotool.com/app
>>
dont do it unless you absolutely love it. because odds are that you'll never make it big
>>
>>731434646
tons of notifications for bs that i have signed up for lol. here is the crack dealer drumkit if anyone wants it. lot of lame shit in here but its got the basics www.mediafire.com/?awyb8vq2u59nmz9
>>
>>731433894
when you first started how did you learn to use fl studio. Also did you torrent or buy, cause somethings can be real expensive :^) -op
>>
I had fl once but it was a bullshit copy and it fucked my pc
made a few decent songs tho
great program
>>
>>731435229
i torrented fl 11 and all the vsts i have lol. shit would have cost thousands otherwise
>>
>>731435157
thanks a bunch for the link, really cool that you doing what you're doing. Thanks for the contribution to the thread :^) - op
>>
Git gud
>>
>>731435405
yea mane just don't rush anything. if making music truly makes your soul happy, then pursue it. trust urself lol. there is many outlets in the music industry
>>
Ableton and FL Studio are nice.
Im now with ableton as I like the live aspect of it.

Get the Software (internal synth of the programms are great)... Not too much Software bc you will never use it and just start doing stuff.. There are tons of videos out there... Also about music theory and so on
>>
>>731435650
thanks bb :^)
>>
Translation: I'm to lazy and tone deaf to bother learning to play an instrument and compose music so I want to add my shitty "beats" to a market place that is already saturated with non musical computer generated dog shit in the hopes of maybe getting some pussy.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.