[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm bored and will answer your weed growing questions. i

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 43

File: IMG_20160304_235605.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_235605.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
i'm bored and will answer your weed growing questions. i run a hydro store that does several million a year in sales and i have been growing since 2008.

ask me questions
>>
sharpie in pooper
>>
>>730977175
Timestamp with a bunch of weed/plants etc?
>>
>>730977407
only on tuesdays
>>
My country (Canada) is legalising. What is the startup cost and how long till I profit.
>>
>>730977175
I'm just a pretty general stoner who doesn't know much about growing, can you run me through the process?
>>
File: WP_000484.jpg (92KB, 719x539px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000484.jpg
92KB, 719x539px
>>730977446
i'm not home right now or i would. right now i just have access to what i've saved over the years in my google drive.
>>
>>730977751
Got any tips for growing where its illegal?
>>
>>730977655
it depends entirely on the laws canada imposes. it could be anywhere from $1000us to $75000us depending on many many things. how long it takes to become profitable is up to you but as little as four months
>>
>>730977986
growing under the radar is the easy part if you invest in the proper equipment. where you're going to run into problems with law enforcement is when you sell it. you can't control the guy/guys you sell too and you can't prevent them from doing stupid shit and getting in trouble and you can't stop them from ratting you out to save their own skin. you would have to find a few reliable people to buy from you in bulk to minimize how many people know who you are.
>>
>>730978186
Do you think it would be viable in the uk? Thinking bout paying for uni by growing
>>
>>730978460
You're gonna grow in dorms? Say goodbye to your degree and hello to the rozzers
>>
>>730978460
i would caution that you may be putting your future in serious jeopardy. ask yourself if you're willing to accept the consequences if things go wrong. i don't know about the uk but in the us a felony for manufacture of a controlled substance will kill any chance of high level employment.
>>
File: 1384211447279.gif (1017KB, 450x275px) Image search: [Google]
1384211447279.gif
1017KB, 450x275px
>>730977175

I plan on getting into Horticulture to learn the ins and outs of growing. I want to know the scientific angle, be able to take a glance at a plant and be able to generally understand what it needs more or less of based on it's current condition.

Any tips in the realm of fertilization/pest management?

It seems hydroponics are the future, any particular brands to look out for when I'm in the market?

I'm probably going to get some formal education in horticulture while maintaining a personal grow to enhance my knowledge and then get involved with some friends into starting a business.

I really want to be around and ready to grow both marijuana and hemp when the large-scale legalization starts hitting. Once you can sell over state lines the potential money will be huge. Once you can sell it internationally...

Here are some titties for your time. Thanks.
>>
>>730977175
I smoke about a gram or two a day, everyday and more on special occasions. How can i set up a grow system to where i just grow enough for myself but at the same time keep it hidden?
>>
>>730978664
I think i could grow in a flat that id share with some friends, i dont think theres a way i could go through uni without the money tbh
>>
Do you live in Colorado?

You hiring?
>>
>>730979237
Where you going uni bruv? Get a part time job for money but if you're getting a private flat you could probably do a small grow
>>
>>730979038

Do you have a few thousand dollars in the bank?

All you need is a grow locker/closet/room.

There are a lot of pre-made ones waiting to be bought. Requires extremely little knowledge or maintenance to keep it running. It cycles your light levels and what not all automatically.

They even have carbon air filters inside as to not produce smell. These are definitely the "easiest" way to maintain a hidden crop, besides growing outdoors. Which is a total crapshoot as to the quality of soil/pests, (large and small animals,) and the chance of pollination from other wild plants.
>>
>>730977175
Hey I'm doing a basic closet grow with a led and I have a plant in a 2 gallon pot that is about 40 days in, I can't find how much I should be watering it and how much nutrients it needs. I use floranova
>>
>>730979004
>Any tips in the realm of fertilization/pest management?
there are plenty of preformulated nutrient line designed specifically for cannabis. no need to get fancy there. as far as pesticides, anything that will prevent and combat spider mites and thrips. these are the two most common indoor garden pests.

>It seems hydroponics are the future, any particular brands to look out for when I'm in the market?
a company called current culture makes a very popular hydroponic system called an under current. they are best for small to medium sized grows. most large scale operations work on an automated drip system.

>I'm probably going to get some formal education in horticulture while maintaining a personal grow to enhance my knowledge and then get involved with some friends into starting a business.
this is going to sound counter intuitive but the best growers are the ones who treat it less like science and more like an art form. sciency guys tend tend to overthink everything.

I really want to be around and ready to grow both marijuana and hemp when the large-scale legalization starts hitting. Once you can sell over state lines the potential money will be huge. Once you can sell it internationally...
sorry to say but you are VERY late. most people looking to get into that scale have been doing this for 10+ years already. the only way to make up for that is by spending enough money to get those guys to work for you.

>>730979038
look into a 4'x4' grow tent with a single air cooled 600w HPS. add a 6" inline fan and a carbon filter and you're golden. stay away from bullshit "grow closets" or "grow cabinets".
>>
Havent decided yet, i can get into whichever i want im thinking Cambridge or Warwick
>>
OP do you smoke alot yourself?
>>
>>730979237
your room mates are going to get you in trouble. they won't be able to keep their mouth shut. most people can't. don't put your future in their hands.

>>730979318
michigan. not hiring but i could fire someone if you're a lot better.

>>730979571
let the plant tell you when it needs water. if you lift the pot with a couple fingers you can feel how much water is in the pot based on the weight. if there's lots of water it will be heavy and there is no need to feed. if it's light give it some food. as far as how much nutrient it needs i would reference general hydroponics floranova feeding chart on their website.
>>
>>730979913
i smoke but not a lot. a gram a day at most, usually less. i'm at work all day and i don't have time to be high. morning and nights for me.
>>
>>730980103
Thank you so much!! Also how long should I keep it veging for? I have a few plants that are 10 days old should I let the 40 day old one veg till the others age or?
>>
File: 2a.jpg (169KB, 719x539px) Image search: [Google]
2a.jpg
169KB, 719x539px
from the very early days when i was a naive youngen
>>
>>730980442
it depends on how big you need the plants to be to fill the space. the 10 day plants will never catch the 40 day plant. it has way to big a head start unless you've really crewed something up. post pics cause it's hard to know what your 40 day plant looks like

for instance these plants >>730977751 were ~35 days old when this picture was taken.
>>
File: WP_000493.jpg (130KB, 719x539px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000493.jpg
130KB, 719x539px
>>
>>730977175
How did you get into growing? I've kinda always wanted to do it and I live in a state that has medical. I miss the college days of smoking all the time.
>>
>>730981524
i knew i wanted to grow since i was 14. every summer me and my friends would try to plant outdoors in the woods. i tried college and found it boring and expensive. i took time off of school and some of the money i had left and tried my hand at growing for real. it turned out to be way easier than i had thought and when i saw the money that i started to bring in i knew where i wanted to go in life. this is now my career.
>>
>>730980744
Had to post somewhere else too big but let me know http://imgur.com/a/DvCba
>>
File: IMG_20160216_081623.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_081623.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>
>>730977989
Seems like a load of BS. We're starting a company up and lights alone are going to run us $125,000.
>>
>>730977175
can i have a job?
>>
>>730982398

i would go ahead and flower the big plant. top the plant and pull the branches out sideway to form it into a bush. it should fill out that space nicely. it will take too long for the small plants to catch up and you will likely hurt the healthy adult plant with malnutrition while you try and starve it to slow its growth. if you can put the small palnts under another light in a separate area and continue vegging them. by the time the one is done flowering those should be ready to take its place.
>>
>>730982667
how many lights? is that including install? i sell top end gavita commercial fixtures for $420.
>>
File: 1476480403890.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476480403890.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>730982897
>obligatory 420
>>
>>730983087
a happy coincidence.
>>
>>730982897
LED 9 band lights
We need 900 @ $147 each
>>
>>730983472
what brand? LED's are in general absolute shit at growing marijuana compared to traditional HID lights.
>>
>>730983472
follow up. the only LED worth buying is made by a company called fluence and they're about $1500 a piece. even they produce mediocre results compared to HID
>>
>>730983798
>>730983634
I have to trust my business partner on this. He's got a PhD in Soil, Crop, and Environmental Science and grows hazelnut trees in his garage. 40,000 of them. He says that he needs these lights to control the wavelength... or something. I'm just the business side of it. My degree is in physics.
>>
File: IMG_20160409_233543.jpg (625KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160409_233543.jpg
625KB, 3072x1728px
>>
>>730982749
I have already topped the plant once a few weeks ago. Do I top again or leave it go? I have been pruning leaves here and there and just took a bunch of leaves off about 3 days ago. How long do I let the plant recover before flowering. There are a couple pistols that have developed already. Also how long will it stay in the flower stage? Thank you
>>
I live in a one bedroom apartment, I have neighbors next to me and beneath me. I have 3 large closets, now, my question is...what is a cheap, discrete grow setup that will mask the smell from my neighbors?
>>
>>730977175
what you think about main line growing
>>
>>730984088
perfect. if you have a degree in physics then you will understand perfectly how the inverse square relationship between light intensity and distance will apply to a single, powerful 1000w HID light in comparison to many many small LED's

this is the ugly truth about led grow light that no one will tell you about. they have little to no light spread and penetration. directly under the diodes you can get strong light output but it dies extremely quickly as soon as you move off to the side. you can see this for yourself if you buy even a shitty PAR meter and looking at how the little the LED spreads it light.

people will defend LED grow lights like it's a religion but the truth it that the math and physics don't add up. before you spend all that money you need to see how the lights perform over a test grid.
>>
>>730984088
i seriously and honestly beg you to not blindly trust someone on this. i deal with people that live in what i call LED denial every single day. i have to sit them down and show them using my PAR meter how and why LED's are garbage for growing marijuana. like i said the only one worth even looking at is made by a company called fluence.

bottom line, dual ended HID lighting is and will be the gold standard in marijuana horticulture for the foreseeable future. i have no reason to lie to you or mislead you. i sell to guys like setting up grows on your scale every day.
>>
>>730984707
led are less heat less electric cost perfect for a apartment small grow
>>
I am currently growing in peat moss but thinking about going full into coco. If I'm a novice would I likely get better results going coco than straight hydro? I'd love to take a crack at it, but im still learning. and judging from my quality i make mistakes on the regular.

Also what city in michigan is your shop? I go to hydromaster in clinton twp.
>>
>>730984707
I mean, I'll mention it to my business partner, but he's got full control over this side of things. He's got a very successful micro-propagation business, and he's real damn good at what he does. We're talking about a 30,000 square foot facility, so if there's a cheaper way to do this, and it's more efficient, it's certainly something we need to look into. Neither of us have any experience growing weed. I've never even smoked it before. My neighbor bought me a potted plant and it's still alive, though. It's been almost a week.
>>
>>730985144
LED's producing less heat is a myth. they use less wattage and if you use less wattage you produce less heat. 1 watt = 3.4btu of heat regardless of the source. a 600w HID puts off the same heat as a 600w LED.

it's physics, there are no exceptions.
>>
DEA here, don't mind me, please continue...
>>
>>730985354
propagation is one thing. vegetating and flowering man sized plants is another beast entirely. for instance look at these plants here >>730977751 these are vegetating under t5 HO flourecent lights. they look great right? guess what? if i flowered under those same lights i would get jack shit in yield. just because you can propagate or veg under a light dopes not mean you can realistically flower under them and get good results.

i honestly would call you a fool to invest this much money into a business without someone who is very experienced in a senior advisory position.
>>
>>730985114
I'm with this dude, I know people pulling upwards of 3 units per 750w DE fixture, If that's not efficient I don't know what is.
>>
>>730985243
you can go to coco but you won't see any benefit from it unless you utilize its ability to be watered A LOT. if you're going to go coco then build a drip system to take advantage of the cocos ability to be lightly watered several times a day.

as for what shop i have i won't say.
>>
>>730985897
No, we have vegetative rooms and flowering rooms in our facility. My business partner has done his research. A plant is a plant, and all plants grow under different conditions. He gets that. Just because I'm just an idiot math / business guy doesn't mean his PhD is worthless. I don't understand this shit. He does.
>>
>>730986048
exactly. people get so caught up in the energy consumption when it is quite literally irrelevant compared to the return on that investment. so many people hamstring them self stepping over dollars to save pennies.
>>
>>730977175
would I be able to grow 3 plants with a 150w hps light?
>>
>>730986216
what you're not understanding is that your background in physics is much more relevant to the issue of lighting than a horticulture degree could ever be.

honestly take time and apply your physics knowledge to this issue and should become clear immediately. if you don't want to do that then spend a few hundred bucks and invest in buying a PAR meter and test the LED's and you will see what i'm talking about. little to no spread of light to cover the footprint you need them to cover.
>>
>>730986675
sure. just don't expect to grow pounds. keep the light focused on a 2'x2' area for best result.
>>
>>730984313
Hmm I would like to know too about to flower as well
>>
>>730986694
Trust me, I'll do my research. I'm real glad I said something now. We haven't rushed into anything yet, but we've had to put some numbers together for an investor. I'll consult with my partner and we'll look at the lighting thing again.
>>
File: IMG_20160409_233526.jpg (628KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160409_233526.jpg
628KB, 3072x1728px
>>730984313
a couple days at most will be fine. depending on the strain it will be in flower for 8-12 weeks before it's ready to harvest. the best way to know when its done is to look at the trichromes and cut it down when they all turn milky white.
>>
File: user1654_pic1247309_1399403832.jpg (99KB, 847x658px) Image search: [Google]
user1654_pic1247309_1399403832.jpg
99KB, 847x658px
>>730987359
thank you. seriously do your homework. i would not be surprised if you run into people that will defend LED lights with religious like zeal. i don't know why they are so heavily invested in them but many refuse to see reason even when you present them evidence to their face that completely counters their beliefs. don't listen to marketing or bullshit like that.

create a 4'x4' grid on the ground and center your light on top of it and take measurements at every point. this is the ONLY way to accurately judge a grow lights worthiness.
>>
>>730986099
what would be your suggestion for a novice then? I started using roots organics and ocean forest but quickly got turned off due to inconsistencies in the bags. Bugs ph issues. etc. Im using sunshine advanced #4 atm
>>
>>730988396
keep it simple. if all else fails go back to organic nutes since ph and nute burn won't be an issue. preventative bug treatment is the only bug treatment. if you wait for infestation before taking action you're going to be constantly fighting a losing battle.
>>
Can you recommend a good prebuilt grow locker i could buy online?
>>
>>730988063
I'd use CFL before LED.

Hey OP, whats the advantage of Hydro? I'd think the humidity would be bad. I grow soil BTW.
>>
>>730989818
they're all scammy pieces of shit. grow tent for small scale.

>>730989839
faster growth rate. higher humidity and chances of system failure.
>>
>>730977175
i have that same exact fan
>>
Outdoor organic is the best way to go if you can.

We used to have sativa regens planted the second spring that would reach 8ft. This was in upstate NY mind you... Not prime growing conditions. All organic. Fox farm, fish emulsion, bat guano, neem oil. No garbage fertilizers or animal/insect deterrents.

We always made sure soil and water was Ph correct b4 planting and watering. Group plants in no more than 5-10 so game wardens or helicopters looking for plants are less likely to find them.

It's like those sweet amazing heirloom summer tomatoes. Nothing better than late fall organic bud. And I haven't smoked in like 8 years. Just love to grow things.
>>
Whats your recomended light source and why? (Hps or led) and what chemicals if any do you use?
>>
>>730977175
If you're doing millions, why do you have such a shitty scrog setup?
>>
>>730990777
that's not a scrog.
>>
I'm about to be moving into a house where I know the owner very well and he's also renting out the basement where there's about 20-30 plants growing. Just curious how often the guy is probably going to be over and how bad things like the cost of electricity and water and maybe the smell is.
It's a fairly nice set up that the guys been doing for years if that's any help.
>>
>>730977655

fuck canada. received a love letter from canadian customs this morning for 8G of weed i tried to have mailed to the UK. sucks :/
>>
Do you even grow knf faggot fuck your bottles
>>
>>730977175
send me weed
>>
>>730991677

so you're the patsy when LEO comes knocking?
>>
>>730993702
Not even close. I have 0 problem with it, been doing edibles on occasion for years and my brother/soon roommate has been stoner for as long as I can remember. Just wanting to know what it's going to be like living about a large growing.
We've even offered to help him take care of them if he's busy and can't make it over some days.
>>
>>730977407
Fpbp
>>
not really a growing question but will baking edible firecrackers as shown in this video youtu dot be/g-5a12uIE6E emit a strong smell my neighbors or landlord would notice
>>
>>730994782
your clothes and possessions are all going to reek like weed.
>>
>>730995602
Even 2 floors apart and with a ventilation system to out back?
>>
>>730996086
maybe, its one of those things that you wont know until you try. the problem is you'll be the last to know. you become so nose blind to the odor that someone will have to tell you.
>>
>>730996625
I'm still pretty sensitive to the smell still since I never smoke but I see your point. Thanks.
>>
How would I get seeds to even start growing? I don't really smoke myself and know zero dealers. I just want a project to do because im so bored.
>>
>>730998588
Depends on where you live. If there's rec pot there it's super easy.
>>
Budbuddy.biz
>>
When using strong LEDs, what is the proper distance to keep the light from the top of the canopy during the second half of flowering?
>>
>>730977175
How much would one plant provide me? (I assume one plant would go unnoticed if done right?)
>>
>>730977175
What is your set up faggot.

Recirculating dwc/sea of green method using fox farm newts. Six dedicated mothers producing eight fully mature plants every two weeks

Roughly six lbs every two weeks.

Get on my level (gorilla grower since 2002)
>>
>>730979571
when the foliage starts to wilt you'll know
>>
Hey, I am in California and some friends of mine wanted to start a legit weed business. They both have their medical licenses and they're currently building a grow room and will be using hydroponics to get their feet wet. Any tips for first timers?

Also, I contend that they are very late to the party for the Jan 1st legalization. I just don't see how they could have enough time or product to make real money and to build a brand.

Do you think they are wasting their time? I am considering investing with them.
>>
>>731001959
Fox farm ftw.

Outdoor poster from a few posts above. Outdoor produces the best quality without a doubt. But I am fascinated by the aeroponics, hydroponic set ups etc...

So fast but the power bills are fucking insane among other issues.
>>
>>730977175
what types (specific, as in brand, wattage, etc.) of lights do you use for growth and veg? how high off the plants do you set them? i currently use high pressure sodium and magnesium lights, not sure on specifics but was going to upgrade. thanks
>>
>>731003260
Google Mark Emery and don't ask questions on 4scam

The market is saturated in the US. It has nothing to do with what they want to grow, sell or market. It's who will buy from them. Stay away.
>>
>>730977175
There's this fucking junkie pothead that live's next door. I've been keeping tabs on his growing operation and from what i've gathered he's got about 5-10 plants growing in his pool house. He lives with his addict gf and when they get bored of being drug dealers they like to go on trips that last about an hour or 2. What is the most effective way I could poison and eventually end the life of his crops? Being a man so knowledgeable of his mj plant, What would make the best "weed" killer??
>>
>>730977663
not OP, but i'm pretty sure he skipped your question because of how long the answer would be. depends on if you're looking to grow for personal or distribution? soil or hydro? just producing buds at any quality or some breaking bad style super-buds? all have VERY different methods. i went with distribution, hydro, super buds. dropped $9k and 1 month on just the set up alone, yielded 12 pounds every 3 months of the highest quality bud in my college town. bought a beemer with my first cycle and paid the rest of college tuition on the next two. graduated debt free thanks to bud. and they say money doesn't grow on trees, kek.
>>
>>731003811
you are an ass.
go live your life and let your neighbors live theirs
>>
>>731003448
Keep the lights as close as you can without wilting the leaves. Keep a fan on your plants. Use a sun circle (google it)

Not op
>>
>>730980103
i would kill for a job working with plants. ANY plants, weed even better
>>
>>731003970
I'll assume you're not the "OP"
Gargle my balls you fucking stoner degenerate scum. Go make me a burger and some fries bitch.
>>
>>730977986
if your doing an indoor op, find some way to muffle your fans. cops can walk up, knock on your door and use the sound of the fans to get a search warrant in a matter of minutes. happened to me, but thank fucking jesus my roommate had submitted his caregiver paperwork 2 FUCKING DAYS BEFORE (we only agreed to started to op because he said he was already legal). had a bunch of numbers (accounting for the op) in a lock box they cracked open which could have fucked me alone, but thanks to his paper work and the fct nothing was labeled in my ledger/balance sheet, they souldn't do shit and we got to watch them move everything from their SUVs back to our basement lol
>>
Whats the best insecticide to kill bugs without harming yourself?
>>
>>731004253
why would a thread of a bunch of people who love plants, tell you the best way to ruin plants, for the sake of you being a dick to your neighbor, who probably never bothers you from your moms basement,
>>
>>731004425
best is to seal off your growth area with panda paper. surgical standards. if you are outdoor, they sell huge, super cheap greenhouse pods for climate control (like $150 for a 40 sq ft pod). any chemicals sprayed will be smoked, keep that in mind.
>>
>>730984215
Ah, the magic!!!
>>
>>730977175
What's your NPK recommendations for the vegetative stage?
>>
>>731004508
Because unlike you lot of degenerates I dont want to live next to a drug dealer. He'll probably end up fucking up the property values with his big ass always barking pitbulls and his hoards of nigger friends that will eventually start coming over everyday.
>>
>>731004349
So- do I trim sugar leaves a week before harvest, or just trim them when i trim the whole plant?

Also, do i need a dark period before harvest ?
>>
>>731004925
turn off fox news dude, they lied to you.
>>
File: IMG_2103.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2103.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>731004425
Neem Oil bro...chrysanthemum oil during Veg
>>
>>
>>731004971
honestly, we didn't use much of a "time table" as much as we used magnifiers to check the spores. once they hit the ideal amber color, we'd harvest. DO NOT damage the plant by trimming before harvest. clip after its been dried.
>>
Anybody else here prefer the taste of outdoor soil as opposed to indoor coco/hydro?
>>
File: s_slocan_bust.jpg (321KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
s_slocan_bust.jpg
321KB, 640x480px
>>
File: canna.jpg (54KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
canna.jpg
54KB, 500x328px
>>
>>731005296
How long do i need to cure for
>>
>>731005296
also, only "dark period" you need is dry time.
>>
>>
What kind of nutrients do you favor?

What kind of supplements? Like Sugar Daddy or any of the other ones?
>>
>>731005439
curing is more an art than a science. we had a large enough yield to be able to play with it a bit. we found that after harvest, about 2 weeks drying, then placed in an air-tight container for another week(after trimming) eliminated almost all water weight and produced some FRAGRANT buds that crumbled easy and smoked smooth.
>>
File: scientist.jpg (75KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
scientist.jpg
75KB, 500x334px
>>
File: weed-high-441827.jpg (132KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
weed-high-441827.jpg
132KB, 620x413px
>>
>>730985450
led's use less watts per lumen. how stupid are you?
>>
>>731005705
go to the nearest hydroponics store. they will be able to provide you with the best advice for the climate in your area. just say youre growing tomatoes (if youre in a state where its still illegal) as they have the most similar hydro growth standards. plus they can order any specific piece of equipment you need within a few days
>>
How do I start growing marijuana? I just want some for my self
>>
>>731006215
not OP, but if you're just growing personal, i'd recommend soil grown. uness you have some extra cash for a hydro set up. from there, need some more info. how much space do you have? is it legal in your area? are you going for CBD or THC, even on both, or heavy on one or the other? do you want to control the color of the buds (purple, red, bright green) or do you want the most of it natural form?
>>
>>731005979
Do you use Plant Growth Regulators (PGRs)?
>>
>>731006532
>>731006532
I live in Texas. Have space. natural form pls
>>
>>731006883
Also THC
>>
>>731006568
we did use a pgr of some sort, but i wasn't in charge of that, so not much info there.... but we had an ozone generator, a dehumidifier as well as a humidifier (set to different settings and times for IDEAL climate control). a space heater, and carbon scrubber for smell elimination. all run through an air-tight, closed air system run by a 15" industrial fan.
>>
>>731006991
And it was sold as medicine? PGRs are carcinogens, are they not?
>>
File: 1493431552420.jpg (27KB, 628x502px) Image search: [Google]
1493431552420.jpg
27KB, 628x502px
>>730977175
I live in Wakefield,MA
I want to grow a pure sativa strain here.
With the climate and daylight hours I am havinga hard time growing a pure sativa.
I can grow indica dominate hybrids and pure indica strains here all day.
Do you have any suggestions for growing a pure sativa strain in a northern hemisphere?
>>
>>731007663
my bad..should have specified it an outdoor grow in my back yard
>>
>>731007663
Not OP but what's your problem? It is getting too tall?
>>
File: vgkKMra.jpg (44KB, 543x768px) Image search: [Google]
vgkKMra.jpg
44KB, 543x768px
>>731008113
No it not growing at the same rate a similar crop would grow in North Florida...I think I need a few mor daylight hours...but doing HPS lights on an outdoor grow is such a pain in the ass
>>
>>731008351
I was wondering if there was a way around it...using nutrients...ect
>>
>>731006883
>>731006927
if you're looking just to have buds and save on cash, simple soil planter(s) (start small, transplant to larger as it grows) will do the trick. minimal maintenance (it is in fact a weed after all. once it starts growing you will have to try to kill it. though quality will suffer from some negligence, will die with no water or light). color is dependent on temperature and nutrients. too cold and it will turn drk blue/purple. too much copper in the soil will do the same. high heat/UV will turn it bright green. these will not affect the THC/CBD content, just appearance and maybe smell. THC/CBD content depends mostly on the strain and somewhat on when you harvest. get a spore magnifier to check the tiny little THC spores on the leaves. white = not ripe/ more CBD. brown = too ripe, quality is down. amber/gold = perfect natural form. the shopping list is a bit too long and detailed for a post on here, but that can be found very easily depend on how much you want to yield and how often. if soil, go to nearest gardening store and ask to set up an indoor tomato plant. everything is the same. if hyrdo, same thing at a hydroponic store. these are much harder to come by and you might have to take a trip to find one, but damn is it worth it. we're talking a difference of about 5-10% THC on the same strain, soil vs hydro. i'd recommend going to the shop for the shopping list vs asking us or reditt because they will give you specifics based on your area's climate and forecasted changes . may call for more of a certain nutrient, different amounts of nutrients, etc.
>>
cool ranch or nacho cheese?
>>
File: kelly-madison-03.jpg (41KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
kelly-madison-03.jpg
41KB, 800x536px
>>731008432
Dude...thx...>>731007663 here...
You answered a few questions
A nice set of titz for ya bro
>>
>>731007410
we had 3 caretakers, only wanted an ounce each every month. we were harvesting 12 pound every the months at first, then every month after we got a separate veg rooms. the vast majority of it obviously went to non-medical customers. as far as being carcinogens, im not too sure on that. as i said, i wasn't in charge of that part, but the guy that was was annoyingly organic(oregon native), so im sure it couldn't have been too bad or he'd have annoyed the shit out of us and killed sales by advising all our customers about it (oh shit, a drug dealer with morals, who'd have thunk)
>>
>>730977175
I'm no to weed I got this for 40$ . Should I take it back ?
>>
>>731008351
You're talking about during Veg, yeah?
>>
>>731008629
why thanks :) sharing info helps the US citizens win the "war on drugs."
>>
>>731009116
nice trimmings bro
>>
>>731009116
no. just kill him/her.
>>
File: IMG_2298.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2298.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>731009333
Trips of Truth!

What you think of my reverse light dep outdoor that sit in 150 gal smart pots in supersoil?
>>
>>731009116
lol i know this is bait, but i just got a half oz of 25% thc for $58 at a dispensary. #legalizeIt
>>
>>731009974
Damn, what State? How old is it?
>>
>>731009619
i'm heavily biased towards hydro, but outdoor/supersoil is something i've never delved into. do you know how it compares? might be able to triple my yield if its worth it...
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 234x216px
>>730977989
>anywhere from $1000us to $75000us
How accurate
>>
>>731009974
eastern oregon, specifically huntington. date on label says it was cropped on 4/11/17. that price was including tax, btw. prices in portland are much better. $99 pre-tax for topshelf ounces (25-35% THC)
>>
>>731010175
sry, this >>>>731010467
was meant for you
>>
>>731010282
Ummm well I mean I treat it a lot like indoor (topping and Fiiming regularly) with pruning but the support system needs to be prepared for prolific growth and weight--particularly for the odd summer storm that can rage through depending on location.

I feel like I get much more taste from the terpenes on my own outdoor than indoor. Maybe my nugs are as compacted and dense but I feel like there is a markedly different flavor difference between sungrown and outdoor.

Plus the temp and pH issues aren't as worrisome when you've got the grow established.

I know people in the moutains need to worry about deer or other vermin but in NorCal I've been a-ok.
>>
File: Reported.png (131KB, 1920x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Reported.png
131KB, 1920x1024px
>>730977175
>Get reported.
>>
The amount of power that indoor grow systems use is fucking insane. I mean on a global scale. weed is literally a weed that can grow and fruit almost anywhere. North East with short summers... I've done 50 to 100 plant cluster set ups for several seasons. All organic. These kids now are used to chemical indoor, wax, and oil. No more real vegitation.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/growing-weed-is-pretty-bad-for-the-environment-weedweek20173
>>
>>731011808
lol legal in 11 states. how's that war on drugs goin for ya? america has lost ever attempt at war since ww2
>>
>>731004925
wow you sound dumb as fuck.
i hope you jump his fence to fuck with his plants and he shoots you
>>
Where do you get your seeds? I'm looking to grow for myself
>>
>>731012126
You're a newcunt and you probably will never figure out why. Lurk for a year or two before posting again.
>>
>>731012437
MARK EMERY
>>
>>731012531
been lurkin since '06 but ok, thanks for the tip bruv :)
>>
>>731012703
I'm drunk
>>
File: feynman-bongos2.jpg (722KB, 1543x2128px) Image search: [Google]
feynman-bongos2.jpg
722KB, 1543x2128px
>>730977175
If I wanted to be an effective Johnny Weedseed and spread seeds far and wide so wild herb bushes would become endemic to certain parts of the US, in what part of the country would you focus on? Humboldt/NorCal? Humid southern US? Type of seeds most hearty to casual spreading? Spreading technique?

The goal is establish buds as an invasive plant. This really should be an ongoing /b endeavor.
>>
>>731012964
lol me too. bout to roll up a couple spliffs to make me even more retarded.
>>
>>731013016
This may be the best idea ever.
>>
>>730977175
Only niggers mess with drugs. How's if feel to be a Stinky nigger who will never contribute to society?
>>
>>731013016
Thousands of people are trying to do this every growing season all over the world. Most crops are harvested but a ton of crops are destroyed by military and police.

Unless you dig up your marijuana plants and care for them to replant as regens for the next season, they die.

Weed isn't apples breh
>>
>>731013112
Enjoy
>>
>>730985511
Lmafo
>>
>>730977175
you try sea of green?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Promix?
General Hydroponic Bloom Booster?
Seeds or Clones?
Recommend a Cloner? Also Root Booster Yes or no?
How many times do you or can you reveg your mother plants?
HPS MH LED T5 or what? Recommend a certain brand?
do you use FIMing?
Ever do Bubbleponics? Results?

Also a Tip for some of you low budget/small growers. Add Sugar, water, and yeast in your grow area. About once a week or so (when it stops bubbling) dump out half the water and add more sugar and water to it no need to add more yeast.

it Release Carbon Dixiodie, and helps firm your buds.
>>
File: raspberry_pi_b_2_0_0.jpg (98KB, 890x501px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry_pi_b_2_0_0.jpg
98KB, 890x501px
>>730977175
Your opinion on full automated growing?
I'm fantasizing about building a full auto setup with a raspberry pi our of pure boredom.
Controlable via a smartphone app. Controlling waterflow, sensors for temp and if fans are spinning, webcam pic on demand.
That kind of stuff
>>
>>730977655

if your only doing like 4-6or so.
~1kw HPS on amazon 150 or so
~Clones 10 bucks each
~Promix 30-40 bucks a bag
~Fan You prob have one
~general hydro 3 stage nutrients like 45 bucks.
~`i plant in 5 galon buckets indoor drill holes in bottom and put in another bucket(1-5)
~Plastic to put in closet to make smaller area. (20-50)

Nice to have
~Spider mite treatment or Lady bugs (20)
~carbon filter and dryer ductwork for budding stage (40-60)

Also if you get mites and are broke, use dawn dish washing liquid with water mixed till you can get mite treatment. Also ive heard yellow paper funneled into a bottle with water for soil gnats.

ive gotten like 1.5-2 pounds every 4-5 months or so with 6 plants. in my area green bud goes for like 2200 a pound or 250 a ounce.

thats 1100 a month with 4 month turn around, 880 for 5 month.

Dont tell anyone your growing thats when you get busted for bragging and or someone steals it and your pokemon games, dont get nervious if helacocsucker flys over your house. they cant get probable cause in the USA to get a search warrent if they just detect the signature from a helacocksucker. They need a Snitch or other reason to get in to your house.
>>
its 2 am and im wondering wether to go to sleep or take one last dab, what do?
>>
File: BackDeckView Snow.jpg (610KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
BackDeckView Snow.jpg
610KB, 2048x1536px
>>731013462
Weed is a wild weed you moron.

You retarded or somethin'?

The question is how to hasten the invasion.
>>
>>731014800
Not op, but sounds cool. Get a pie zero if your going to do it.

Personally I use a thermal plug to ac, either beer bottles for water or a pressure regulater with the cheap 1/4 inch sprayers from amazon (like 20 bucks to buy a kit of them 1/2 inch more expensive)

It would be neat to make a cloner that would have a sesor and some servos or something that could detect when the roots are close to the sprayers, pop out the pool noodles/clones (i cut them for cloner holes cause im cheap) then pop them into red solo cups.

Perhaps some sort of new cloner with a belt made of cheese cloth or something that you can set in days how long till they go thru and fall into a Rubbermaid tote with root activator in it so they dont entangle in the sprayers.

Im thinking something simliar to a pizza hut or pizza place pizza oven that the pizza gets put in one side and pops out the other.

they would fall into the tote so they wouldnt die and youd pick them out of it and then plant them.

Pie with like 3 sensors or webcams to take a pic at day 2-6-8 would be nice, it could slow the belt drive down if roots were not large enough.
>>
>>731015125

Community action/planting all at one time.

Also, use hardy strains. It may be wild but in my area it has a hard time coming back up and acts more like an annual. Also if it was that invasive youd have a ton of male plants. esp from seeds.
>>
>>731012437
if your from the USA you cant get in trouble for ordering seeds from out of country aka maersterdam whatever. only ything that may go wrong it they take the seeds and leave a notecard saying they took your stuff.

it is illegal to send from inside the usa though, and you can get in trouble for interstate commerce.

Its retarded but thats how it is right now.
>>
>>731010795
I plant in buckets and then set them high up in trees with self climber deer stand sometimes. Usually dead trees or trees with little amount of branches or big gaps for light.

Keeps deer rabbits and groundhogs and critters out, wrap chicken wire around them if squirrels mess with them.

Also tends to hide them from people more cause they dont look up.

Carefull with hills and such, as from top of hill it may be more eye level and or fro bottom of hill you tend to look upwards more and may see them.

Works really well in pine groves as signature from healcocksuker sees pine trees and pot as nearly the same. but its hard to plant near pines in the ground because PH levels/ Light levels. unless you bring your own dirt in.
>>
>>731009333
whats your thoughts on autoflowering strains?
>>
>>730980103
Your from MI? Im from Ohio we had a strain where im from called "Meigs County Gold" its pretty much extinct now, but was reall populer in the 60-80's. Id love to meet somewhere sometime and buy some clones sometime. Lol
>>
>>730985354
I don't think either of you know enough about pot.
>>
>>731016830
or if you can get me a good deal on green bud, it sells for like 250 an ounce here for decent green bud.or like 2200-2600 a pound

whats the lowest you could sell a pound for? if you can get to like 1400 a pound id come up and buy like 10-20 pounds at a time every month.
>>
>>730977175
Stop the lies OP.
You may run a hydro store, but it sure as fuck doesn't make several million in sales per year.

Even at the minimum 2 million, thats $5,500 a day.
>>
>>731017076
Also I need some of those detroit Opanas, OC's,perco's, Addirol, Atapex, and Ice.

maybe even vicodens if price is cheap

there like 120 for a opana 40 crush, 80 for a OC 8o platic coat,12-14 for a perc 10mg 5 for an addi, 5 for an ati, and like 20 a tenth for ice. Vic's are like 7 for a 5mg.
>>
File: received_1750486981644595.jpg (119KB, 1794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_1750486981644595.jpg
119KB, 1794x1080px
Is mine big enough to go into à 10 L pot already? Or should i put them into a smaller pot ?
>>
>>731017327
I go from solo cups to 5 gallon buckets. i dont keep replanting. whats that like 14-16 inch's tall?

was that a clone? if so whats it about 2-3 weeks old?
>>
>>731017485
Do you know the metric system ? I don't understand gallons and inches...
Also, not a clone. Just a plant that grows slowly af coz i have a shitty soil, but i will fix it when replantig
>>
>>731017726
its almost 19 L's.

Try going with a nutirent free soil (AKA something without fertilizers and such, i use a brand called promix. You have to use nutrients then though)

i like this
ebay com/p/?iid=221366135092&lpid=82&&&ul_noapp=true&chn=ps
>>
>>731009333
damn trips!! legalize or die
>>
What kind of light should i get for a stealth PC growbox?
>>
>>731017327
Also what kinda light you using that effects growth speed probably the most.

If your a hillbilly like me or dont wanna blow a ton, try a t5 bulb, or even just a led bulb that has the highest lumen output you can find.

set light just above the plant where your hand is warm but no to hot. set the plant in a box even and line it with aluminum foil to reflect light back up and such. you can even place aluminum foil over the soil around the plant.

A beer bottle works good filled with water for a cheap auto water at that size.

get some yeast and sugar water and mix together in a mason jar and set it in the box to make carbon dixiode to boost growth also. about once a week dump half the water and add fresh sugar water(no yeast this time) to make it start working again.

(option Soak lawn Mower Carbs in dumped water as its ethanol, or strip paint, or drink if you feel like it.

Place a plastic sheet or something over it to keep dixiode inside box. Also cut a hole on each side of the box (one up high and one down low.) and use 2 small fans. one blowing in, (low hole) and one blowing outwards ( high hole)
>>
>>730977175
What are the best strains in your opinion (quality, smell, taste yield) and whats the allroud best strain that gives a huge yield, produces top quality bud and is relatively easy to grow indoors at the same time?

I like anything kush related. like I had LA Cheese the last time and I really liked it and was easy to grow in my opinion.

Is Gorilla Glue and other fancy strains really that good?
>>
File: sons.jpg (66KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
sons.jpg
66KB, 620x412px
>>730978186

/thread
>>
>>731018279
Led's Nice there low heat, full spectrum and not to expensive.

PC as in a stealth tower grow?
Youd need a big tower, like a old full tower thermaletake 3 case or something.

You would also need to start it on 12 hours light/dark at like 24 inchs tall or so for a 3ft tall tower.

Also throw a rasberry pie in it to make it work for more stealth, a beer can filled with active carbon with holes in it put in a fabric can coozie or wraped in a thin shirt or some sort of cheesecloth on the inside in front of the fan may help with the smell when your in budding stage.
>>
File: 2016-08-11.jpg (117KB, 740x870px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-11.jpg
117KB, 740x870px
>>730977175

How affordable have LED grow setups for a small number of plants become recently? I've been interested in starting again and doing it the RIGHT WAY this time, but price point is key.

Also, I've had two previous grows with HPS lights and a moderate sized room covered in mylar sheets. Is this the best way to do this, or does this even matter for light reflection?

Thanks for your effort.
>>
File: IMG_2881.jpg (32KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2881.jpg
32KB, 640x630px
>>730979004
This is an example of what a 4chan post should look like. Gg anon.
Anyways I'm a Georgia smoker. Just hit the grav too btw! Still illegal down here. Any advice? How long will it take do ya think? I wana capitalize on the market down here when it becomes legal. Follow my twitter @GeorgiaSmokes
>>
File: IMG_3375.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3375.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
It's this legit?
>>
>>731018279
If you do clones you can get quick turn around using "SOG" " (sea of green)

Pull clones from your motherplant

7-10days to root in cloner or rootone
2 weeks to get them to about 12 inchs tall (16-24 hours light)
30 Days or so for bud (12hours light/dark)

Plats get about 18 inches tall, and produce between 1/8th to a quarter every 2 months per plant.

I do the same thhing in solo cups with like 200, and usually i get like 2.75- 4.5 pounds every 2 Months.

kinda nice cause you dont need much height and can do it on multiple shelf in a closet you only need like 3ft height per shelf for it, and solo cups dont take much room.

i use promix and general hrdropinics 3 step nutrients.
>>
>>731018672
I don't have that big of a PC case, is it worth to go for it with one that's 2ft tall?
Also what kind of LEDs?
>>
>>731019122
Oh fuck what happened to my grammar
>>
>>730977175
what do i do if they start turning this color? I've tried everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>731015108
dab for sure
>>
>>73101912How can you get them to bud in 30 days? What strains are you growing? Mine take at least 45-60 days.
>>
>>731018795

See
>>731019123

I used to do the bigger grows with 1kws HPS's but ive been doing this kind setup for a while now and its working better for me then the big setups and veging for 2-3 months or what not.

I keep anywhere from 4-6 mother plants always in veg to pull clones from them. (they look like bonzi trees lol) I dont let them get tall since im always starting clones from them.
>>
>>730977175
Friend gave me a plant and I have to keep it for a week behind the window, before I can transport it home (boarding school). It's behind two layers of glass on the northern side of the building, so there's no direct sunlight.
Will the plant survive it? Looks okay now tough
>>
>>731019289
>>731019123
>>
how long do i let it ferment
>>
>>731019122
I cant see it to good cause im on phone, and ive been up for like 4 days on ice. but it dosent look to impressive to me. Are those seeds in there?
>>
>>730977175
Ever heard of Hans panels?
>>
>>731019376
No seeds I'm only asking because I'm not sure if this is real old weed or spice because there's no smell to it
>>
>>731019133
dont let them get bigger then 12 inchs tall under 16-24 hours light.

a plant at 12inchs budded will be about 18 or so budded. at 12-12 light.

Look up Led grow lights on amazon, look for high watts or Lumens

but honestley for a setup like that size you only have like 2 plants. one of the cheap 20-50 buck small square lights would proabbly even work.
>>
For the most part, where does the majority of weed come from? I guess this question for the US states that are illegal.
Is the majority really coming from Mexico/Canada or small home growers? Always wanted to ask this but fear my dealer might think Im sketchy.
>>
>>731019316
it will survive. If nothing else a Chicken brroder lamp or a reptile lamp (there silver and round with a light socket in the middle) and maybe a led flood light with high lumens would help. like 15-20 usd at wally world.
>>
>>730977175
I live in illinoiscan you send me weed
>>
>>731019556
Ah, I don't have anything like that. Only 20W halogen table lamp :>
I'm growing outdoors.
>>
>>731018487

What about my question about strains?
I want a very high yielding top quality bud that is relatively easy to grow (no haze but not power plant either... big bud I dont like the taste too much)
>>
>>731019483
It depends.

If its green bud, its from someone in the states usually.

If its Brown or pressed or 20 bucks an eight its mexican pot or south america.

and chances are some mexican peed on that 50lb feed sack at one time or another. :P not being racist, but when carryin it over the border they sit it down and pee next to it all the time.

Ive been to a mexican grow that they used human poop as fertilizer even because no septic tank.

Personally i dont care much, but i prefer at least mids. (pressed pot thats green not brown and fluffs up decent with very very little seeds /stemps)
>>
>>731019736
Incredible bulk.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 131x98px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 131x98px
>>731019736
Im not OP i think he left im not sure. however it depends ALOT on what your looking to do. its hard to answer this for someone. It depends what type of high your looking for like full body or sleepy, energy or mellow etc.

Also sativsa or indica, if you want a stoner plant(high thc's) or you want something high in cbd's

also indoor or outdoor matters for size of plant, hardiness of plant etc.

You just got to read about it and figur eit out for yourself.

I pesonally run somebasic strains northern lights, white widdow, g13,

only "fancy" plant i have is one called "Rock Bud" its like 80/20 indica. I just love the look of it myself.
>>
>>731019475
Just to clarify. At first I should get them to 12 inches under 16-24 light and when the plant reaches it i switch to 12-12?

I've found some cheap 12-15W LED growing bulbs with around 800-1200 lumens each. 2 or 3 of these would be enough?
>>
File: DSCN1970.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1970.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
>>731020133
not mine but there's a Rock Bud Bud.
>>
>>731020133
thanks for your answer bro..

but i said twice that i want some sort of kush which is mostly 40-60% or 50-50% ... normally I would prefer sativa but the take way to long to flower... so 50-50% for me is ok

in my first post i said that im growing indoors.. i got all the basics done and ive tried many strains.. basics like nothern light, white widow, power plant, skunk etc etc and fancy strains that noone ever heard of

now i want some experienced growers to recommend me some good strains that are not big bud
>>
>>731020192
12 inchs for veg then they will reach 18 inchs or so under 12 12 light in bud stage

you can expect 30 days or so on avg to harvest after you switch to 12-12 light,

get clones if you can instead of seed to guarantee they are females and not males.

you can expect to get about 1/8th to a quarter per plant.

Use "bloom buster" nutrients close to the end to make the buds really pop and fluff up.

remember though during 12/12 light youll start to smell them and may need a carbon filter of some type.

2 would prob work just fine. if they sell any of them that say full spectrum there a little bit better then regular ones.
>>
>>731020447
sorry bub, i didnt dig to much into your posts, just trying to reply semi quickly to people and collect that penny for my thoughts,

Unfortunately it leads to not being to helpful sometimes when i put my 2 cents in lol.
>>
>>731020533
growing under 2x 15W LED bulbs? have fun with the yield
>>
>>730977175
>nute bottle exposed to heat and light
You're a troll, right?
>>
>>731020699
>er 2x 15W LED
Hes only gowing like -12 plants in a pc tower and then even only to about 18 inchs tall.

Minimum amount of lighting needed is around 2000 lumens per square foot.
(Two – 23 watt CFL’s, per square foot*)

Optimal is 7000-7500, or higher, lumens per square foot.
(Five – 23 watt CFL’s, per square foot*)

THast at like 3-5 inchs spacing

i said 2 led grow lights because thats prob about all he can fit in it.

If you can fit 4 go for it!

use as many as you can fit, that dosent raise the temp in it to high.

Honestly instead of a PC tower, a large older floor speaker would proably work better, open the back up take out the speaker and put it in there.
>>
>>731021137
sorry supposed to say 2 plants.

and thats 18 inch tall at harvest, 12 when he starts to bud.
>>
File: 00B0B_830oX2YKxtu_600x450.jpg (34KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00B0B_830oX2YKxtu_600x450.jpg
34KB, 337x450px
>>730977175
how much money does each make per year?

I may have a few dozen plants. they arent in the best health since i've been forced to neglect them. my 12 site ebb flow buckets malfunction like a bitch. soil has been most reliable for me. what do you do to automate your setup so you're not chained to your grow?
>>
>>731021825
for water i use the cheap 1/4 systems on amazon, connected dierctly to waterhose/faucet with a pressure regulator. mount above and let them drip not spray. turn down pressure/waterflow until saturated but not soaking. it will end up being a very slow drip.
>>
File: 00202_70b9g0iwNh_600x450.jpg (37KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
00202_70b9g0iwNh_600x450.jpg
37KB, 337x450px
>>730982667
that's because you're a faggot. I hit my federal limit my first grow with free equipment. learn to work with what you've got.
>>
>>731021954

something like this.
amazon com/Koram-IR-D-Distribution-Watering-4-Inches/dp/B013JPIJG4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1493550947&sr=8-6&keywords=1%2F4+plant+water
>>
>>731022002
thats only like 24 bucks bub.

before that i used 2 liter pop bottels with a whole drilled in lid, press firmly into soil so it comes out slow. you could even use a Bucket connected to your guter down spout and run a waterhose inside, and some small holes and gravity feed.
>>
>>731022005

>muh microbes

coming straight off the tap do you have a dechlorination filter, or is dechlorinated water a meme?
>>
>>730992574
Dont order international then faggot
>>
File: 1491976594520.jpg (193KB, 900x683px) Image search: [Google]
1491976594520.jpg
193KB, 900x683px
>>731022259
>>731022005
also, what about inline feeding? how do you automate nutrients? the first few months are fine because it's in the soil, but towards the end I want to make sure they aren't starving for nitrogen etc.
>>
>>731022259
its best to use declor, i live in the woods though and have spring water so i dont need to worry about it.
you can use the same setup without a pressure regulator by plumbing the tubeing into 5 gallon buckets or what not.
then you can use the tap water, just let it set out for a few days.
>>
>>731022319
had my white widow confiscated once. fuck BP/ICE
>>
What would I need to get started? I don't own any land and am renting
>>
File: 1492084598442.png (590KB, 697x697px) Image search: [Google]
1492084598442.png
590KB, 697x697px
>>731022377
guess I could get a 2 drums one raw one with nutes and set them on alternating timers. I'd just need a reliable float valve and possibly a third reservoir as a holding tank to dechlorinate on top of an inline filter.....fucking hate over thinking things but I want my shit primo.
>>
>>731022426
balls of steel.
>>
>>730977175
why don't you quit being a fucking monster and use soil mediums for Christ's sake?
Hydro is garbage.
>>
>>731009116

sorry, no returns sucka
>>
>>731022566
why not both?
>>
>>731022359
Honeslty bub im a hillbilly, i live in the woods and dont work and im alwasy home so i just feed by hand usually. However if you did the buckets you could mix the feed in them then the next bucket use straight water, and or slowly add more liquid feed until you find a level they like.

its beeter to start to thing with feed for constant feeding then mix it to strong and get nutrient burn.

i use promix so i have to feed from start. i wont use potting soil.

Also it never hurts to mix a little diatomaceous earth in with your soil for bugs.
>>
>>731019736
It's mostly fucking irrelevant.
Strains don't matter nearly as much as how the plant is treated while growing.

Imagine taking human genetic twins, raise one on good food in a perfect environment and routine, and the other on cheeseburgers and coke and keep him locked in a trash house.
Theyre genetically identical, but one is obviously going to be far superior to the other.

Don't fall for the fancy name game.
It's a meme
>>
File: cannabis.nutrient.chart.jpg (212KB, 962x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cannabis.nutrient.chart.jpg
212KB, 962x1280px
>>730979004
>glance at a plant
This should get you started.
>>
>>730977175

What is the net in your plants there? What is the purpose of it?
>>
>>730978771
you know, in some states, it's just looked at as "growing a plant" now and is "frowned upon" and dealt with using wrist slapping.
>>
>>730979004
>>731022667
seriously, the time and money you'd waste on school would be better spent on trial and error grows. clones are a fucking $10 spot and seeds can be even cheaper or free. Lots of big growers prune and toss the tops. You could essentially get free clones if the grower is cool.
>>
>>730979004
>hydroponics are the future
not for those of us that have acreage city fuck.
>>
>>730979318
GTFO CO FAGGOT
>>
>>731022673
the plants dont naturally grow that way. the net is to train it to grow low and spread out so the shitty light can each all the tops since the glorious Sun isn't being used.
>>
>>731022624
ive got ptsd and just grow pot, dig ramps (wild leeks) ginseng, golden seal, blood root, morel mushrooms, chantrele mushroms, chicken of the woods, and i make alot of "rustic decor" from old scrap metal, driftwood etc.

I dont make a lot, but im not hurting for money,

somewhere around 80k or so a year, which is pretty good since you can buy 10.5 acres here for 12,900 bucks.
>>
>>731022809
>make friends with neighbors, or at least have mutual respect
>build greenhouse
>sell in bulk
>send all your neighbors a thoughtful christmas card each year.

You anti social fucks won't make it.
>>
>>731013016

Terrible idea. Imagine loads of shitty pollen from wild plants ruining your crop.
>>
>>731015125

Wild weed is shit.
>>
>>731022962
speak for yourself, faggot. My bucks spout grade A pollen. Your grow would be blessed to be tainted with my seed.
>>
>>730983472
>using LED in a large-scale grow
Just write a blank check with my name on it. Then put a shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger because you're not smart enough to be allowed to have that money.
>>
i think op may be back now or someone else with knowledge so im going to stop bumping thread and smoke some meth. Then sit around and measure how much my plants grow in 12 hours. lol
>>
>>731023002
people pay top dollar for wild weed with faggot stoner names. I wish there was ditch weed around here.
>>
>>731023059
>meth

why....
>>
>>731023061

Yes but that doesn't make it good does it.
>>
>>731023015

After a few generations they wouldn't be as good though, if left to go wild that is.
>>
>>731023089

Cause i cant afford my coke addiction.
>>
>>731023177
depends what you're looking for...
>>
>>730985144
Use fluorescents. I've seen some impressive shit grown using CFL.
>>
>>730977751
Google drive, kek
>>
>>731023224
depends on the gene pool. if starting with designer weed then there is a good chance that potency will carry on. shitty recessive genes could pop up, but it wouldn't take much to sample the wild plants and decide to utilize it or not. if i wasnt such a stingy bastard i'd have seeded my county by now.
>>
>>731023316
Not a headache lol
>>
>>730985511
>>double dubs
>still a nigger
>>
>>731004925
lol hang yourself retard
>calls the people he asks for help from degenerates
>assumes the outcome of people's lives whom he obviously does not care about
>acts like it's all good Cuz muh Richard Nixon and REEfer Madness
stupid fucking dick for brains garbage stain
>>
>>731004925
you sound like a useless fat fucker who constantly projects his insecurities on others.... oh wait am I just stating the obvious now? DO tell, fat fuck
>>
>>731022658
total rubbish, even if a potent strain is grown in the worst conditions the end result will affect the yield not the potency dumbass.
>>
>>731023386
yeah that's what i thought, cap't amateur posting
>>
>>731022924
ya and you could have done all that
WITH FUCKING SOIL
heathen troll
That's fine if you want to live in the city, at least use soil and quit subjecting yourself and everyone around you to that God awful hydro weed.
>>
>>731022924
whose to say I wouldn't if I had a green house?
outdoor is all I can do at this time, and my neighbors are uptight twats who do not smoke or socialize themselves
>'Murica
>>
>>731020447
Well then you should've learned your lesson about strain reputation vs reality.

Don't know what the fuck you're taking about takes too long to bud. They bud when you tell them.
>>
>>731022607
Hydro is too much work and cannot compare as far as quality imo
sure you get more, but I'd rather have some danky danky than a lot of lumber.
>>
>>731004925
He's right though. Marijuana is harmless but the idiots who grow 50 plants in their basement to sell on the black market always get busted and attract the dregs of society.

Why am I even on here? You're all a bunch of angry teenagers
>>
>>731022658
potency is strictly genetic, read the Grow Bible
>>
>>731024634
you are here to help people like me who want to actually grow big fat stinky buds
>>
>>731024666
>Strength in humans is strictly genetic.
Potential is genetic, the end result is not
Be more smrt you stupid stoner
>>
>>731024045
This is completely untrue.

Genetics aren't a guarantee, only a guide for potential.
>>
>>731024045
What the fuck?
Thats like saying a twin fed fuck all food will be just as strong as a well fed twin, just smaller.

That not how it works
>>
File: mind.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
mind.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>
>>731023335
Until you need to flower, thwn there's not enough red spectrum.
>>
>>731023177
That was his point.

Enjoy your super duper stoner grade ak47 white widow black hole chungawunga you fucking retard
>>
>>731022921
Where the fuck do you live to get land that cheap?
>>
>>731022861
Thats not how plants work you retard.
Excess energy absorbed by uooer foliage is spread through the plant.
>>
Me and my dad are growing some plants outdoors. He grew a lot in the 80s. He never ONCE purchased weed from his teens to his late 20s. So, he has a bit of experience, but it's my first time. I'm just wondering how the fuck to keep ants away from my plants, as I had some crawling into the pots that they're growing in yesterday. Also wondering if you've got any good nutrients recommendations I could check out. These are outdoor plants, by the way.
>>
>>731025241
>what are 'warm white' bulbs
>>
>>731025584
Your dad lied to you.

Nobody in the history of existence has decided to grow weed before smoking weed.
>>
>>731025722
What is a retard?
(You)
>>
Fucking stoners are some if the dumbest least educated cunts on the subject they revolve their life around.

Stoners are an embarrassment to weed smokers
>>
File: 1363747335615.gif (870KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1363747335615.gif
870KB, 320x240px
>>
>>731026331
>resorting to argumentum ad hominem
I flower under HPS but you may as well just concede defeat.
http://www.maryjanesgarden.com/growing/fluorescent-lights
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.