[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone anti-science nowadays /b/? I'd like to hear

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 39

File: bill_nye.jpg (301KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
bill_nye.jpg
301KB, 750x500px
Why is everyone anti-science nowadays /b/?
I'd like to hear from some conservatives, as they seem to be the main ones who dont believe in climate change, evolution, etc
>>
OP is a faggot
>Uses Shill Nye for science
>>
>>730632863
>Picture of someone who isn't a scientist
>>
>>730632863

tell us again how science proves there are 63 genders, no differences between coherent sets of people who look similar called races, and how male and female brains on average are identical.
>>
File: neil_degrasse_tyson4.jpg (480KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
neil_degrasse_tyson4.jpg
480KB, 750x500px
>>730633591
>>730633733
You get the point you cocktwits, I just used him because he was the poster boy for the recent march for science, here some black science man just for you.
>>
>>730632863
Says the ice cream sex proponent, Bill Nye the fascist guy
>>
>>730632863
Whos anti science?

Besides from religious retards, but they should just be ignored when it comes to anything serious.
>>
>>730632863
Bill Nye
Science

Pick one
https://youtu.be/Wllc5gSc-N8
>>
>>730632863
>who dont believe in climate change
nigs please
climate change is constant
there is still no data proving causation between said climate change and human activity.
>>
>>730633822
>all scientists are liberal sjw pro trans retards

That being said, what the fuck are you talking about?

>tell us again how science proves there are 63 genders

I fucking hate everything about trannies, that being said, gender is a social and mental construct. Therefor, there are as many genders as you can think of

>no differences between coherent sets of people who look similar called races

What is genetics? Citation for a scientific study that concludes this?

>how male and female brains on average are identical.

Literally what are you talking about? citation please?
>>
>>730634162
Ok, I like Bill Nye, but that's cringey as fuck. That being said, he's not suddenly wrong about everything because of this.
>>
>>730634112
There's a man in office in america right now that is breaking the epa apart and has said multiple times that climate change is a hoax. Not to mention he wants to bring back COAL. If there wasnt a significant anti science trend around, drumpf wouldnt be in office. Also, if it was generally agreed upon that science is good and whatnot, there would be no need for a march for science
>>
>>730632863
To support science is to embrace your own ignorance. It takes a person who doesnt have much hubris to admit that, which is why you see a lot of people attacking science.
>>
>>730634226
>being this retarted

I'm genuinely sorry for you, so the 97% of scientists that conclude that man made climate change is indeed real are all lying? Are "they" paying off ALL those scientists?
>>
>>730632863
i'm all for science and the scientific method...in fact i'm looking forward to seeing it being used instead of being skirted around when it doesn't fit a political narrative
>>
>>730634597
You finally figured out how the world works.
>>
bill nye is hardly even a real scientist, yet he lectures people on pseudoscience like the idea that there's many genders? his background is in mechanical engineering ffs. I do believe in climate change though.
>>
>>730632863
>don't believe in climate change
>anti-science
It's like this:
That image macro you always see that says 97% of all studies etc etc specifically states that it's 97% of all studies done between 1991 and 2012. But in 2014, scientists realized that earlier estimates of what the CO2 levels were in the carboniferous period were actually way too low. When we thought the +10 degree global average temperature of the Jurassic period was caused by CO2 levels of 600ppm, that made our current levels of 400ppm seem pretty drastic. But now we know that it was actually 1800ppm, over 4 times our current levels, that caused that 10 degrees.

Simply put, while it is a fact that recent temperatures have been gradually increasing, the ratio of CO2 to temperature increase is drastically out of proportion in the data from which all of those 97% of studies were based on.

BUT by this point we have people who went into debt for college to specialize in what they thought was an impending catastrophic event. We have people who have put themselves on a moral high-horse believing themselves to be championing the cause of saving the earth from Captain Planet villains. And to get those people to process the fact that the information those decisions were based on was flawed is tantamount to getting someone to admit they've wasted their entire life on a mistake. So anyone who points out the fact that the data is errant must be painted as being in complete denial of the weather outside so they can maintain their belief that they are valiantly pursuing an absolute truth of the highest importance.
>so you don't think CO2 is affecting the temperature?
Of course it is. But not as drastically as people in the 90's thought.
>but the temperature is RISING and BLUE WATER EVENT and DESOLATE LIFELESS EARTH
Again, the CO2 levels have been almost 5x our current level before, and guess what happened *after* that?
HINT: IT WAS AN ICE AGE.
>>
>>730634597
>so the 97% of scientists that conclude that man made climate change is indeed real
but they haven't
that is not their conclusion
keep kinda-reading
makes you look smart
>>
>>730633733
>implies "science guy"
>means the same thing as "scientist"
retard
>>
>>730634819
Lol, you're so fucking wrong about all of this it's actually hilarious
>>
>>730634162
>https://youtu.be/Wllc5gSc-N8

Holy shit I just died of cancer. That has to be one of the most disliked youtube videos ive ever seen
>>
>>730634953
low quality bait
>>
>>730634880
Your sources, please?
>>
>>730634819
>believing themselves to be championing the cause of saving the earth from Captain Planet villains
you forget to mention how this "proof" is being cynically and disingenuously used to attempt to retard developing competitive economies world-wide
>>
File: PORdH.jpg (183KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
PORdH.jpg
183KB, 1200x900px
>>730632863
Don't worry about your pic OP. Bill Nye, is indeed a scientist.
As for why so many people are anti science, it's because, for a certain group of people, it's become almost fashionable to be ignorant.
If you look at people with extreme political views, on both the left and right, you find endless examples of people cherry picking data to suit their beliefs. On the far right, you see this a lot with climate change, race, and economics. On the left, it's far more concentrated on social issues, which are already murky areas of science, such as gender, sexuality and child rearing.
It's simply easier to say Science is bullshit than it is to face the fact that you could be wrong.
>>
>>730634953
>No argument: the post
>>
>>730634819
>>730634880
Citations please
>>
>>730635022
do your own reading, faggot
it's right in front of your face
correlation is not causation
>>
>>730632863
the earth is flat and bill nye is a pedo
>>
Being against climate change taxes and saying that evolution is not the end all/be all, is not the same thing as being against science.
Just because someone doesn't align with your political and religious views, does not mean that they are against science.
>>
>>730634657
Why do conservatives always think someone is being "paid off?"
>>
File: IMG_2179.jpg (286KB, 1218x643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2179.jpg
286KB, 1218x643px
>>730632863
>>
>>730635098
>I cant produce a citation, so I'll call him a fag!

Learn to debate you autistic cucklord
>>
I love threads like this.

Its like people dont realise its getting horrendously hotter every year the moment they step outside.

It'll be funny when the anti-climate change believers swallow their words the same way the trump supporters all for the wall are dealing with having no commitment to it after 100 days.
>>
>>730635226
why does the L knee-jerk
>>
File: 1492320989645.jpg (518KB, 1548x1545px) Image search: [Google]
1492320989645.jpg
518KB, 1548x1545px
>>730634597

I think that man-made environmental degradation can lead to changes in weather patterns, and aside from weather changes there are other obvious reasons why we would want to curtail man's impact on the environment. I think man-made global warming was a bit of a myth, and that the sun primarily drives our planet's temperature. I think science has completely missed the mark on the unifying force of nature, which drives our weather patterns and whatnot, and they've missed it because (((they))) fund academia and issue grants to research that maintains the status quo. It also doesn't help that autists have taken over physics and replaced actual science with mathematics, so that all the formulas they come up with that look really beautiful on paper may have no real world application. (((They))) also issue the most prestigious awards to themselves and others who unwittingly lead science in the wrong direction.

Anyway, I absolutely detest Christianity and blame it for holding back progress, almost as much as I hate leftists for leading "progress" down this path of multiculturalism, decadence and degeneracy. I hate that my choices are one or the other for the future of this country, and even if we beat the communists into submission all I'll have to look forward to is some Christian theocracy. Life sucks everywhere in the world. I wonder (((who))) could be to blame?
>>
>>730635226
I'm a classical liberal, actually.
>>
File: 1477958731216.jpg (48KB, 603x222px) Image search: [Google]
1477958731216.jpg
48KB, 603x222px
>>730632863
>>
>>730635353
again- if you simply search google- you'll find more than you'll need
and debate?
what is causation?
what is correlation?
what is the distinction?
tryharder
>>
>>730632863
there is no anti-science nor is there an anti-science movement. This word was invented to make people who don't support climate change (or various other topics) look stupid, despite the fact that science is not created by consensus, but by actually proving theories correct.
>>
>>730635293
I get you.

But the question still remains. I hear this shit about everything from them.
>>
>>730635519
careful you'll scare the parrots
>>
>>730632863
not conservative but evolution just seems like mass brainwashing to me. no one i've seen has a compelling reason why chimps turned into a completely different species. that's a huge leap from darwin's original theory. no one has explained where the changes in DNA in humans comes from. they just look at the most closely related species and say we must have "naturally evolved" from it without an understanding of the method. that's like child reasoning. just say you don't know like a respectable person

it is convenient however having a large number of people go through their lives thinking they're just dumb monkeys with no other possibility...../tinfoil
>>
>>730635226
I've been watching a few videos on conspiracies recently, I'll try to find one for you in a sec.

Essentially, it's psychologically easier to have a singular, inherently, undeniable "bad guy" to point at instead of having things being blamed on pure random chance, chaos, or even worse, yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-mXXYv8KCM

A bit long, but if you dont wanna sit through it look up why people believe in conspiracy theories and find the video by cracked, it's fairly brief
>>
>>730633980
>>
Calling troll because someone that professes to be science minded knows that the argument isn't that climate change is fake...the argument is...is it a crisis? The answer isn't science based. It's emotional nonsense to say it's a crisis.
>>
>>730634226
This guy gets it. I guess humans caused the ice to melt after the last ice age huh? I can hear them now. "OH NO! EUROPE IS STARTING TO THAW FROM ALL THESE VOLCANOES! WHOS GONNA SAVE THE SABER TOOTH ICE MONKEYS"!!!!....Must be all humans fault...
>>
>>730632863
>as they seem to be the main ones who dont believe in climate change, evolution,
You are thinking of the pious, not conservatives.
>>
>>730635389
This might be the most retarded thing I've ever read.
>>
>>730635799
lmao don't scare the kids with deductive logic
>>
>>730634819
/Thread rekt
>>
>>730632863
>scientist
>accounting minor
>voted for Trump
>would do it again in a heart beat

Those who did the march for science are fuckwits
>>
>>730635222
Being against climate change taxes is not the same as not believing is climate change

not thinking evolution is the end all answer to us is not the same thing as not believing in evolution outright

I watched a really good neil degrasse tyson vid recently, talked about how we cant talk about these problems in a political sense until we acknowledge that they are indeed problems.

If people acknowledge that these are indeed problems, but have an opposing viewpoint to it, Im completely fine with that. What im particularly against is those who say climate change is a scam made by al gore to jew us hardworkin muricans out of our shekkels, and die hard creationists.
>>
File: 00.png (88KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
88KB, 500x366px
>>730632863
Why is Bill Nye Anti-Science? Why does he hates real Science like physics, chemistry, medicine..

He is fucking Liberal actor promoting Liberal conspiracy theories and nothing more
>>
>>730635492
dude
youre a retard

you do realize you are asserting:
humans can indefinitely alter the chemical composition of the atmosphere without changing its thermodynamic properties.

your correlation does not equal causation "argument" just demonstrates a juvenille understanding of the issue.
>>
>>730635389
>It also doesn't help that autists have taken over physics and replaced actual science with mathematics

Stopped reading, holy fucking cringe. You do realize that physics is literally Algebra right?
>>
>>730635951
>Those who did the march for science are fuckwits
to put it mildly
desperate for social acceptance and credibility
they desperately proclaim their "intellect"
>>
>>730633822

some people can be hetero-flexible. deal with it.
>>
>>730632863
Implying Science is listening and believing anyone who says they're a scientist
That sounds more like a religion man. To question science is to practice science. That's the whole philosophy you antiscience pedant
>>
>>730635492
Yes I know the whole causation =/= correlation thing, I also watch ASAPscience. However, that has nothing to do with climate change.
>>
>>730635646
Conspiracy theories usually involve some kind of sinister or even absurd motive. The notion that someone could be taking a bribe is hardly far-fetched.
>>
>>730634953

nuh uh!
>>
>>730634597

>fag in the brain

The earth is flat.

Prove me wrong.

>protip.u cant.
>>
>>730635519

>there is no anti science

>what are anti vaxxers

>what is denying climate change

>what is creationism

Try harder
>>
>>730635985
nice try putting words in my mouth
but i never asserted any such thing
nor does that follow.
i asserted and assert:
there is no empirical evidence proving causation between human action and climate change as discussed here.
zilch
again- you don't understand deduction- to be generous
>>
>>730632863
Ok, real reasons.

In the olden days, before the internet, scientists would do research, then submit their findings for peer review by other scientists to critique. Work that pass peer review was generally accepted. Other scientists then continued research, sometimes confirming and sometimes overturning previously agreed ideas. It was an ongoing process.

Normal people, accepting that they didn't have scientific knowledge or training, accepted the findings of scientists. They were smart enough to know what they didn't know. There was trust in scientists, who were good at keeping their house in order. After all, all the technical progress of the last couple of hundred years, that had lead to the industrial revolution, the treatment of once common diseases and the space race had all come from science.

Then the internet was created, and every no-nothing dumbshit suddenly had access to all the information in the world. But rather than making them smarter, it meant that they could find other idiots who posted random bullshit, which they would take as evidence for their own dumb ideas. There was no peer review for such ideas. They were just made up. Suddenly everyone was a fucking expert on everything, just so long as it agreed with their own prejudices. Smart-pants Scientists, with the precise methods and actual knowledge were seen as elitists. Why listen to intelligent people who might have bad news we don't want to hear, when some bozo online says it's all fine, and all scientists are crooks?

And that's how we go to where we are now.
>>
Bill nye sucks monkey nuts
>>
>>730636285
ya haa
>>
Monkey nuts i tell ya
>>
>>730636210
thanks for outing your own stupidity
correlation bw human activity and incr C02 level (ie) does not, as a matter of deductive logic. prove a causal connection bw the two
get it?
>>
>>730636432
btw this also applies to politics.
>>
File: 1491203342095.jpg (64KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1491203342095.jpg
64KB, 750x750px
>>730635646
>Video on why people believe in conspiracies
>Thumbnail is a pic of 9-11 plane crash

Nothing conspiratorial here, just the Airlines being poorly managed once again and fucking up their customers, everyone.
>>
File: 1456209561304.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1456209561304.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>730634819
>>
>>730636131

You... you realize there are many different types of physics, right? Solar physics, nuclear physics, astrophysics...?
>>
>>730635607
>no one i've seen has a compelling reason why chimps turned into a completely different species

>proto chimp lives X years ago
>Proto chimp group A is in an enviornment that remained until this day in lush forests and jungles and such, keeps it's adaptations for that enviornment

>Proto chimp B was i africa, global warming and climate change changes African landscape from jungles and forests to more plains and savanahs. Proto chimp B starts getting advantages that help in that enviornment as opposed to staying in the trees (bipeadal movement, bigger brains, etc). This group becomes Humans

Now is that so hard to understand friend?
>>
>>730636432

>all scentists are crooks he says.

>not all scientists agree with that mambo jumbo 'global warming' thingie.

The temperature will go up and down and back up during thepass of time.

nothing to do with no climate change.

And lol to the retards about le earth being flat...
>>
>>730634819
Ok science boy but what you left out of your equations were the mass extinctions caused by these cycles. A global average of just 10 degrees one way or the other means a world of difference. Just a few degrees C and a little more carbon making the ocean more acidic is devastating to marine life.

But don't worry guys, the great barrier reef is fine, really. Nothing to see there, look somewhere else.
>>
>>730635818
Sorry for dissin your set b, when I say conservatives i generally mean the retards i find in the comments section of fox news
>>
>>730636878
deduction: something few cunts on this board could even define. kys self-proclaimed
non-sequitur:
PhDs all around
>>
>>730636315
The earth is a globe

Prove me wrong.

>protip. u cant.
>faggot
>>
>>730636829
I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make. Genuinely.
>>
>>730636432
lol thank you for proving my point:
>>730634819
>So anyone who points out the fact that the data is errant must be painted as being in complete denial of the weather outside so they can maintain their belief that they are valiantly pursuing an absolute truth of the highest importance.

Once again, check your 97% image macro (I just KNOW you have it saved) and see that it specifies that it only counts data from 2012 and earlier. That isn't me saying scientists are crooks, that's you refusing to accept the possibility that new information rendered old theories irrelevant. Why would anyone in 2017 who's trying to make a point about scientific research deliberately use a cut-off period half a decade old? What possible purpose could disregarding the last five years of study serve if you're actually right? Wouldn't "1991-Present" be both more impressive AND relevant?
THINK about that for a minute.
You have to think. Because that's what puts the "sapiens" in "Homo Sapiens". If you're not doing that, you're just another Homo.
>>
>>730636509
Well then what do you propose is increasing CO2 levels?
>>
>>730635373

Keep wishing you are happy with your worldview in shreds at your feet.
>>
File: .facebook951488638796668.jpg (77KB, 960x701px) Image search: [Google]
.facebook951488638796668.jpg
77KB, 960x701px
I don't think anyone is denying that humans have a part in the rise of Co2 levels but you should understand that with or without human interaction this planet is heating up. Be it 100 yrs or 100000 years this rock is going to be uninhabitable by natural means even if humans never evolved to rely on fossil fuels. Are we speeding it up?....well...I'll leave that up to Bill Nye the poser guy to decide
>>
>>730636315
The universe has only existed since last tuesday

Prove me wrong

>Protip, you cant, faggot
>>
>>730634968
I also just died of cancer . How is this even allowed to be distributed publicly. Cringe at its finiest ... NYE bopping his head along took the cake
>>
>>730634226
Get your coal mining job back yet?
>so much shill
>>
>>730636432
/thread
>>
>>730632863
I doubt the lack of evidence. Not science. The problem is that real scientists are few and far between these days. Since when is it a bad thing to be skeptical?
>>
>>730632863
>>
>>730636606
Nigger if you watched the video you would know he never says that 9/11 is a conspiracy theory or that it isnt.
>>
>>730636393
"there is no empirical evidence provising causation between human action and climate change"

for this to be true, this would mean that human alteration of the chemical composition of the atmosphere does not change its thermodynamic properties.

humans are altering the chemical composition of the atmosphere (irrefutable, apolitical)

altering the chemical composition of a gas alters its thermodynamic properties (irrefutable, apolitical)

these alterations may lead to large scale climate disruptions etc (possible, atmospheric modeling is difficult, apolitical)

we should alter the ways we produce and consume energy in order to avoid human-caused climate disruption, for the sake of preserving humanitys ability to survive (political)

denying any of the first three points is unscientific. politics/opinion can only enter the discussion when discussing a course of action.
>>
>>730637132
where in my post did I mention climate change? It was a general post about anti-science idiocy online.
I've genuinely never seen that macro you keep banging on about.
And you're doing a "homo sapiens" gag? I'm going to take a wild guess that you're not an actual scientist.
>>
>>730637219
>uninhabitable by natural means
Only if we don't have a culling. Libtards and trannies need to be killed.
>>
I think the reason there will never be a cure for homosexuality is because the kind of people that would want to fund research into that are the kind of people who dont really care for real science,
all it would take is some charlatan to come up to them mumble some official sounding pseudoscience nonsense and they'd be convinced of the fake cure,
then they'd double down and claim all those guys that used it but later got caught trying to have gay anonymous sex are part of a conspiracy to discredit it.
>>
>>730636682
You realize you do math in every single type of physics right? Show me one field of physics where you dont use math
>>
>>730637413
>>
Scientists don't prove science is right, they just blindly use science hoping it's right but if they opened up a Bible they would know the truth!
>>
>>730637382
>The problem is that real scientists are few and far between these days.
Please give reasons and evidence for this extraordinary claim.
>>
>>730637266

the universe is noting more God's matress. and flat as your father's feminine penis.
>>
>>730633980

He's just a communicator of science, not a practicing scientist.
Carl Sagan was both.
Michio Kaku is also both.
>>
>>730637466
So? That video was a huge waste of my time.
>>
>>730637657

there are milions of young scientists who work on dead end studies, just cause their professor managed to convince some faglords(goverment) to sponsor him for that said study.

are u that fucking ignorant?
>>
File: purity.png (32KB, 740x308px) Image search: [Google]
purity.png
32KB, 740x308px
>>730636131
>>730637559
>>
>>730637805
>Michio Kaku
I love listening to this guy.
>>
>>730637834
Please give reasons and evidence for these extraordinary claims.
>>
>>730637657
You first. Produce a scientist that does research based solely on hypothesis and not on research grant money, political ambition, or social peer pressure. Then you'll have a decent leg to stand on.
>>
>>730635389
And people don't understand the decline of whites. No white man wants to breed a family with that.
>>
>>730637805
michio is what got me off my neet ass and got to uni
>>
>>730637511
Dubs of truth
>>
>>730637471

u sound a bit brainwashed. we got time, annon.we got time, friend.dont be scared,fam.

help your self with a science book cause you sound like a god damn retard.
>>
>>730637935
That's half the fucking problem. Celebrity scientists giving only half assed trendy answers. This leads the god lovers to see them as creditless morons and subsequently blame science for their bad character.
>>
>>730637979
This is more a factor of "publish or perish" enforced by administrators and college boards than by any choice of the scientists. Wanna practice science, you gotta play their game if you need equipment and facilities.
>>
>>730637979
No. You made the claim, you back it up.
That's how these things work. Which you'd know if you weren't some blowhard dumb dumb who doesn't know how stupid he is.
>>
>>730634226
>no data

how do you tie your shoes in the morning? Does someone have to show you? Do some research on your own instead of listening to the lies on Fox News, take a biology class, read a book... fucktard
>>
File: Tristan.gif (12KB, 472x352px) Image search: [Google]
Tristan.gif
12KB, 472x352px
>>730638249
I know how stupid I am
>>
>>730638205
lol
studied physics in university
work for large oil company as geophysicist in exploration division

if you cant understand what im saying, blame the poor usa public education system
>>
>>730638205
the last wailings of a slightly tarded anon that lost an argument
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492996174128.jpg (13KB, 353x263px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492996174128.jpg
13KB, 353x263px
>>730637906
>mfw he doesnt even realize he's proving my point further
>>
File: sad akko.png (666KB, 872x653px) Image search: [Google]
sad akko.png
666KB, 872x653px
>>730638449
you're mean
>>
>>730637958

Thats what happens in most universities - research teams.

Wake the fuck up. ask some people u know that have a phd or at least some sort of real eduation and 'circle' and ull see what's up.

you are young still. The world is a stinky place. in and out.
>>
>>730638352

i understand exactly wht u are saying. disagree on the urgency of the matter.

We got time and we both know that.
>>
>>730634348
That is not the liberal way of thinking, what are you doing anon?
>>
>>730638316
no evidence. big surprise.
Now, I don't pretend to know what every scientist is doing globally. But I know that they all do it for different reasons, and different combinations of reasons. And there are probably more scientists working today than ever before, in countless different fields.
Only an arrogant fool would make the assumptions you have with nothing to back them up.
>>
File: 1390589909291.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1390589909291.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>730634880
>first poster claims 97% of scientists conclude something
>second poster disagrees
>other posters demand citation from second poster
>mfw
>>
>>730638552
See
>>730638241
>>
>>730638352
>studied physics "in" university

Was that applied? theoretical?...imaginary?
>>
>>730638449

you got baited,fag.
>>
File: Mike Nolan.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Nolan.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>730632863
Don't you think there are enough goofball religions on this planet? Its all proven made up bullshit.
Now with that out of the way you boys want to go half on a gram of MD?
>>
>>730636878
>mass extinctions caused by these cycles
What's your point? Species go extinct ever day, that's how evolution works. Things mutate, shit changes, some mutations allow continued survival, some don't. The list of species that have gone extinct is quite a bit longer than the list of species that currently exist, and you can bet your extra chromosome that as time rolls on many more species will be added to the "currently existing" list and many species will be moved from the "currently existing" to the "extinct" list. That's been happening for millions of years, the idea of stopping that is totally unreasonable.
>>
>>730638798
>I lost the debate, so ill say he fell for da bait! That'll show him!
>>
>>730636164
unironically kys
>>
>>730638552
same as it ever was. The contention was that this was some recent phenomenon. scientists have always needed sponsors. but the idea that most studies are dead end ones sponsored by government is absurd.

>you are young still. The world is a stinky place. in and out.
pretty certain I'm older than you are. but sure, play the older and wiser card; the fallback for people who aren't nearly as smart as they think they are.
>>
>>730638959

it was the only post i made to that dude, u mongoloid .

>kekus pokus
>>
File: i was only pretending.jpg (1MB, 680x1671px) Image search: [Google]
i was only pretending.jpg
1MB, 680x1671px
>>730638798
>>
>>730635665
NDT is one of the best educators on science to the masses because he is exactly opposite of pedantic... just because you're too stupid to understand doesn't warrant calling names, though that's what is typical from the right

Good job!
>>
>>730632863

ITT: Climate change is not real because reasons and cuz I sound smarts, also I will not cite any sources
>>
>>730638893
Jesus Christ, you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>730639256
well, I'm convinced. also something about macros and jews.
>>
>>730638893
we're are in the middle of a mass extinction right now.
and while there have been mass extinctions before, none of them have been solely caused by the actions of one species.
>>
>>730632863

Nobody profits from it.
Its only for the rich.
Philosphy, psychology and religion on the other hand, gives you the needed tools to survive from day to day. Im pretty pro science but looking at how its out of reach for me, Ill just stay the caveman I am and read books about stories of some people summoning entities or someshit. Nobody cares.
>>
>>730637645
Testify!
>>
>>730639099

i thoguht u were oblivious of the fact taht this is a not that rare phenomenon. So I assumed that u were young.I got a bit carried away talking about the world being a stink y place. but its true anyway. I wasnt trying to act wise. Just stating the fucking obvious.

People make studies and produce results and 'the world' waits for 20+ years, for their pattern to expire and then they might use it.

each fucking professor has like 6-7 Phds.

Do u think they put the appropriate time needed for all this research on their own..? A respectable amount of those researches is either 'shady'(deadend-wonnabe study) or some professor stole the job from his younger employer.

dirt everywhere.
>>
>>730634819
good solid post man
>>
>>730639523

>science is only for the rich

>what is medicine
>what is refrigerated food
>what is a toilet that allows you to seperate drinking water from shit water
>what are vaccines that save millions
>>
This entire thread has no value, except as an exercise in futility. It is as settled as the warmist insist the 'science' is.

the climate change debate is over-
Trump won = no money for bullshit science-
rinse/repeat

don't worry-be happy
>>
>>730638779
just did undergrad, so took the usual stuff

took my upper level electives in qft, general relativity, stat mechc. all stuff that was fun to learn but will probably never get to study again sadly.
>>
>>730638449

obvious trolling aint obvious
>>
File: IMG_0779.gif (4KB, 470x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0779.gif
4KB, 470x242px
>>730632863
Hilarious
>>
>>730639772
>what are vaccines that save millions

lost me at this. enjoy your autism.
>>
>>730639772
go back to tumblr you hetero flexible hippie fag
>>
>>730639715
what you've described there is human nature.
science is only ever as pure as humanity.
that's why were have evidence, citations and peer review. so scientists can't just make shit up.
that's what's missing everywhere else, where people misuse science.
anyway, I think we're done.
>>
>>730634261
Gender is mentioned to determine a sex as in make or female it's used in science alot and btw it's dumb asses not conservatives who are anti-science
>>
>>730639855
>trump won the election so the planet isnt getting hotter

Holy shit i didnt know people could be this retarted. You're literally the pinnacle of anti science i was referring to in the original post. How does it feel to be part of the group that is single handedly slowing our progression as a species to a grinding halt?
>>
>>730640026

u are a fag that asked something he already knew, only to attempt to give a better answer himself.

cyb fagglet
>>
>>730640019
>>730639993
it's incredible to see retards this close in their natural habitat.
>>
>>730632863

Not against science, but just against junk science that people refer to as science because they need grant money or funding or something. Scientists are not above manipulating data and putting out false results to get grant money. They are human just like everyone else and are subject to the same temptations as all other humans. They must put out some kind of results.... or lose funding. Would you not manipulate data or bend results if not doing so meant you don't get paid for your job? Don't tell me you wouldn't.
>>
>>730640167

hetero flexible hippy retard present

spoted the flexibility
>>
>>730640164
did someone piss in your mother?
>>
>>730635607
>730635607
>no one i've seen has a compelling reason why chimps turned into a completely different species
Actually they have. As our DNA is replicated, sometimes errors occur, which are then replicated. If the change is beneficial and gives the chimp with the change an advantage it will be more likely to survive and have more descendants. Some people have a tough time getting their head around that because the periods of time overr which it occurs are so long. Look at bacteria which reproduce much more rapidly. Where do you think new strains of flu come from?
>no one has explained where the changes in DNA in humans comes from
See above
>>
>>730640090
rinse/repeat

don't worry-be happy
>>
>>730640167
not an argument
>>
>>730637413
This. Bill Nye is being used to push a PC agenda for SJW's. Bill Nye saves the world is about politics and not science. He throws out claims about things like "the gender spectrum" and has abandoned empirical science and evidence based facts. He doesn't even have a problem with putting people who disagree with him on climate change in prison. Real science isn't afraid of a full investigation of the truth.
>>
>>730640271
you're just vomiting words onto a keyboard that you don't really understand at this point, aren't you? but bless you for trying.
>>
>>730634794
I know you can speak your autist speech here, but please don't ever reproduce if that's how you think. Vaccines got you fucked up, son.
>>
>>730639993

In 1953 measles infected about 4 to 5 million americans each year
It was declared eliminated in 2000, take a guess why
>muh, muh natural immunity buildup
Vaccines you cockwad
>>
>>730640380
America isn't the only country (thank fuck).
And Trump will be gone soon.
>>
>>730638352
hey bitch nigger, im going to be studying computer science and physics combined, whats my chances of working with an oil company?

Should i fuck computer science and go for pure physics?

are you by any chance an english cunt
>>
>>730640019
Ah, so you dont use toilets, medicine, or refrigerators?

The number of genuine idiots in this thread disgusts me
>>
>>730638241
>>730640204
>>730639715
>>730637834
>>730634819
>>730634880

u guyz won the interwebs tonight
>>
>>730640382
no argument that you're retarded.
>>
>>730635492
You're absolutely right. The fact that the climate is changing at a more rapid pace than ever before and it's perfectly coinciding with C02 emissions is pure coincidence. The jury is still out. I'm sure it's pure coincidence.
>>
>>730640465

i spotted your flexibility.. de fuck dont u get u little prince charming..?
>>
>>730640573

i fucked a computer once
>>
>>730640505
We should have let natural selection eliminate the weak. Now we have several hundred genders and rampant autism.
>>
>>730640730
Science lol
>>
>>730640573
no im american lol
u sound like aussie.
comp sci and physics is good mix.
would be worthwhile to approach geo dept for summer internships etc.

its a boom and bust industry though.. so dont think you will always have work. i have been fortunate, but all the old timers live by "making hay while the sun shines"
>>
>>730640380
>Na na na boo boo! My team won!

I didnt particularly care for hillary, but she was definitely the superior option seeing as how autismo fuckwits like you get to come out the woodwork now
>>
>>730640618

i never in my fookin life have ever used a refrigerator. i aint gay.
>>
>>730640750
I genuinely don't even know what you're talking about.
flexibility? what the fuck is that? and prince charming? what?
seriously, it's like trying to argue with a chained up dog. you make a lot of noise, but precisely zero sense. and I'm fairly sure that you lick your own balls.
>>
>>730640730

exactly. concidence. What makes me laugh about science is that they dont openly discuss the role of God in all this. They spoke about the god particle, but other than that, they havent really admitted that they are powerless in front of little baby Budha.
>>
>>730632863
somehow somewhere along the line, fuckwits decided that it was cool to be a fuckwit and tried to convince the rest of us that "duh, dat science stuff is wrong, muh preacher told me that da gawd made dat earth so that's um uh wut I's believe"
>>
>>730640827
>if they get sick, theyre weak
Lets throw you in palgue era london and see who's weak
>>
>>730640975
He's saying you aren't 100% straight.
And I'd also like to add "You aren't 100% literate either".
>>
>>730640975

i wish i could brother.

i wish i could
>>
>>730640975
Pls stop replying to the bait
>>
>>730641099
>palgue era london and see who's weak
1/3 of humanity, obviously.
Was there some point you were trying to make?
>>
>>730641175

--->> >>730641149
>>
File: 1451864809148.gif (499KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1451864809148.gif
499KB, 500x373px
>>730640975
>>730640975
>I genuinely don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
>>730641147
then why not just call me a faggot like a normal person?
jesus christ, this thread really brought in all the fucking cretins, didn't it?
>>
File: IMG_0780.jpg (54KB, 575x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0780.jpg
54KB, 575x432px
Science
>>
>>730641222
Yeah, that you make no fucking sense

Being able to use things like medicine and vaccines to prolong our own lives is what seperates us from the rest of the apes
>>
>>730640884
nah i'm english, wish i was aussie so my vitamin D levels would be higher

My uni is supposedly best for geology and petroleum engineering but shit for absolutely everything else so i'll have to give them an ask about what internships they can offer with oil companies

How does the transition from physics > geophysics work? Don't you need any geo background? Is it all trained on the job?
>>
>>730641222

one third of humanity as a phraze the ability to unlock trips.

>one third of humanity - rolling for '333
>>
>>730641389
>444
>>
File: 1493232129420.jpg (63KB, 1024x396px) Image search: [Google]
1493232129420.jpg
63KB, 1024x396px
>>730632863
Pick one.
After you chose.
Kys
>>
>>730641222
nice dubs
>>
>>730641300
>winrar
>>
File: Jeff_Sessions_official_portrait.jpg (13KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff_Sessions_official_portrait.jpg
13KB, 220x293px
So many fags in this thread
>reads bible
>explains everything
> /thread
>>
>>730641273
>pleb
>>
File: MoneyProbly2Fund_HARRP_..pic.jpg (28KB, 388x338px) Image search: [Google]
MoneyProbly2Fund_HARRP_..pic.jpg
28KB, 388x338px
>>
Yeah, not so much.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9119/7-things-you-need-know-about-global-warming-aaron-bandler
>>
File: 8.jpg (391KB, 1200x1694px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
391KB, 1200x1694px
>>730641285
>then why not just call me a faggot like a normal person?
>>
>>730641581
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow of the earth on the moon and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church."
~Ferdinand Magellan
>>
>>730632863
Bill Nye is NOT scientist you Liberal idiot.He is an actor playing character for Democrat party.
>>
File: Jvnve3g.jpg (33KB, 923x674px) Image search: [Google]
Jvnve3g.jpg
33KB, 923x674px
>>730634657
Yeah, anon. Cause there's totally a group of liberals with a bunch of money, most of them jews, that have been paying for thousands of studies over decades in a multinational conspiracy citing fake evidence and publishing fake news because it is somehow profitable to convince us to consume less and not the other way around.
>>
>>730632863
This new age crap are for the ones that have been exposed to common core and liberal agenda trying to hang on to them.
>>
>>730641809
He had some disagreements but he was not atheist so fail libcuck, fail.
>>
>>730641903
>believing in god = agreeing with the church
>>
File: anti-science-fair.jpg (39KB, 480x329px) Image search: [Google]
anti-science-fair.jpg
39KB, 480x329px
>>
>>730641826
>Bill Nye is NOT scientist
who has claimed he was?
sounds like a strawman to me.
>>
>>730641379
which uni is that?
fuck aussies man. they crawl all over the industry like rats with dopey accents.

i did summer internships in the geology dept doing ground penetrating radar stuff. totally not applicable to what i do today, but it at least gave me something to talk about in interviews.

my uni didnt have a geophysics program though. if yours has one, and they are the best in uk, there is probably a pretty established pathway from first year dorms to bp or something.

the best thig you can do is do well at whatever internships/projects you take on. you wont emerge from any uni program with exactly the right skillset (unless you do strictly cs stuff and go jnto software dev). but if you have a track record of doing good work, a company is more likely to invest in you.
>>
Talking to a hard core liberal about global warming is an insult to my intelligence.
They almost always devolve into hateful name calling zero who only excel at intellectual dishonesty. They have lost this issue and society has gained. You will never gain or make a point they will concede.
Thankfully sanity prevailed in the '016 election and they are about to loose they collective minds. The wailing and gnashing of teeth will increase in '018.

rinse/repeat

don't worry-be happy
>>
>>730642196
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye_the_Science_Guy

looks like he calls himself it
>>
>>730642189
"Polar bear meth labs?"
>Car door slams, tires screech, "Alaska, Next Exit" road sign whizzes by
>>
File: 1437175690204.png (274KB, 339x449px) Image search: [Google]
1437175690204.png
274KB, 339x449px
>>
>>730634819
>97% of all studies conclude climate change is man-made
>cites one study claiming the opposite
>since then there have been more reaffirming the 97 figure
>must be the one I agree with
>>
>>730642309
thats a character he played in a kid tv show though
>>
>>730642309
Then I guess he brought the vitriol on himself, a victim of his own vanity.
>>
>>730642403
This image is scientifically inaccurate. We now know, from fossil discoveries in the past decade, that dinosaurs were actually covered in feathers. They weren't green and scaly, they were pink and fabulous.
>>
>>730642148
>Disagreeing on one issue about Earth's shape
>Agreeing with most others
>>
>>730642232
Just looked at the uni site, it's aberdeen - they have physics with geology and geology and physics, with some other geology/petroleum degrees

Aberdeen is supposedly one of the best for petroleum related shit because the entire city is literally for oilworkers (north sea right next door)

I might just stick with comp sci and phys though, wanna learn both, but im not sure how employable it's gonna be

They do offer masters in geophysics though

What internships did you do? Did you do any of those 'sandwich years' or just summer work?
>>
File: trump_supporter1488068100293.jpg (101KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
trump_supporter1488068100293.jpg
101KB, 540x720px
>>730632863
knowledge is bad, just look at our president
>>
>>730642662
That's not a dinosaur, it's a candid pic of my cousin Derrick at a rest stop in Yellowstone National park.
>>
>>730641827
>liberals
>jews
Not even, just con artists that want government funding for nothing.
>>
>>730642482
Only people who do those ''studies'' are Libtards who are promoting them
>>
>>730638747
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
>>
People are just choosing when and what scientific principles apply.

Its mostly because scientists are either retarded and in the business of asking people for government money, or they're smart and selling shit to people for real money.
>>
>>730642482
quality > quantity
>>
>>730643569
>I like this study so it's the best
>>
>>730642482
>since then there have been more reaffirming the 97 figure
You're making several erroneous suppositions here.
First and foremost, the "97 figure" is exclusive to studies done between 1991-2012 based on samples taken before and during that time. That figure IS accurate. Those studies all agree with each other because they were all based on the same set of sample data. Of COURSE they agree with each other.

And I didn't cite a study of climate change, I referenced an analysis of CO2 levels in the Jurassic period. Studies are done based on samples, they aren't the same thing. All you have to do is google "Jurassic CO2 levels" and every article you'll see will agree with the 1500-1800ppm. And Every science textbook you've ever seen (outside of that creationist museum at least) has agreed that there was an ice age after that.

You won't google it, though. You'll stick to your supposition that you are right, because actually checking would endanger the moral high ground you believe you have and expose you to the possibility of facing the fact that you've been crusading over a mistake.

PROVE ME WRONG.
>>
>>730643449
Honest question from someone who has dabbled in rhetoric: What makes scientific consensus different from an ad-populum plus appeal-to-authority cocktail?
>>
>>730642784
the only 3 letters
would be funnier if the number was wrong
>>
>>730643243
most science is funded in the private sector.

even fucking exxonmobil agrees that CO2 emissions are causing warming
>>
>>730639772

Yes and? We are talking about here and now and right now, science does a shit fuck for me. Im not ill, so fuck your medicine. Refs have been around for a while, I was born into this state, I was raised in it. In a world without ref, there would be other means I would have grown accomondated to. This applies to anything. What do I care what happens in 20 years, by then Im 5 feet under. Its forced ignorance, if science, modern science, would give anything worthwhile, for my egocentrical me, i would accept it ( I already do but not as much as you do) but right now, all it does is opander to the riches and the riches demand wars, military engagement. Nothing in the past 24 years of my life developed enough for me to care. Fuck for all I care I could still be playing nes or climb around construction sites to spend my time, as many others do. there is nothing I can give a thank.Maybe in the future but right now, its a slow progress for what the mean plebs want and need and it wont get any faster. Show me your free cancer cure, or the cure for muculoscopy or my free hair growth pills or my free viagra. You asshole dont even know what you are try to protect. Science wnet from help and understand, to kill and pander to moneymudboi. being replaced by machines in the near future means dying the hunger death. You as I are nothing more but slaves and science enforces it. get fucked
>>
>>730632863
Fuck that actor and his 70 genders.
>>
>>730643904
>implying it's impossible to scam the private sector
>>
>>730635049
Bill Nye is not a scientist. He is an engineer. I am not aware of him ever publishing a research paper. Liking science and being a tv personality are not the same as being a scientist. The worst thing about that asshole is that he's trying to blur the lines between real science and his personal opinions
>>
>>730643928
>about here and now and right now,
you are using electricity , here, and right now.
>>
>>730643880
It isn't, that's why people can cause scientific revolutions by finding a theory that had 'consensus' wrong.

It's more like an assumption that there is a high chance of a certain conclusion being correct because statistics back it up
>>
>>730643449
>https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Hilariously, if you scroll down that list of quotes you may notice that every one of them is from before 2014.
>>
>>730644106
The US military as well according to leaked documents, apparently they've been building plans for when shit hits the wall.
>>
>>730644265
The US Military has a fucking ZOMBIE PLAN.
That proves nothing.
>>
>>730632863
It's not that we don't believe in climate change, it's that we don't believe humans cause it. The climate only changes, and no one can say what the ideal climate conditions should be. Plus the fact that alarmists are constantly caught manipulating the data, no one should believe them.
>>
SHILL NOY THE SHABBOS GOY
>>
>>730644265
>implying it's impossible to scam the military
>>
>>730632863
The religious right's choke hold on right wing politics allowed the left to hijack and co-opt science without a real fight. Most conservatives can't see through the propaganda and just associate all science with the left.
>>
>>730634819
Wow, thanks for debunking everything I learned getting my doctorate in environmental science.

fucking retard.
>>
>>730644428
>The US Military has a fucking ZOMBIE PLAN.
yeah and ?
>>
>>730643823
https://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-higher-in-past.htm
>>
>>730643928
>Im not ill, so fuck your medicine
>I have never been and never will have the flu, the common cold, cancer, or any illness

>In a world without ref, there would be other means I would have grown accomondated to
Doesnt mean that refrigerators werent an invention that significantly improved life for everyone who has access to them.

>Nothing in the past 24 years of my life developed enough for me to care
>what is the internet
>what is gaming
Im willing to bet that in the past 24 years youve met someone who was diagnosed with cancer, under the assumption that they lived, you can thank science for that

>being replaced by machines in the near future means dying the hunger death
>NOOO, TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS
Jesus Christ, If ive learned anything from this thread it's that the vast majority of people who deny science do it out of fear.
>>
>>730644428
need a source on that

>>730644578
it might be possible to 'scam' the military (aka generals padding their pockets) but you do realise there are actual military scientists who do real research? These guys are to thank for too many inventions to count, lots of technology is developed initially to help with military tech and then pushed to the public sector.

DARPA? Arpanet? Modern rocket technology? digital cameras?

They aren't fucking stupid
>>
>>730644130

Again, there are different times we need to consider. Science then allowed comfort and security, science I am using right now is more than 100 years old if not older. Its a different science we are getting right now, all we get right now is enhanced wars or toys, medciine the people cant afford. Youve seen teh prothesis that one little girl was using? She wont get it, it just a model. it will be sold for a very high price until the econimical structure allows a low cost production which will not happen because the resources arent getting more plentiful. Science is inherently neutral, we hope to have a use for it, but in the end of the day, economy decides and science delivers only what economy demands. Economy is led by rich people boogymen who dont give a fuck about simple people therefore, we , simple people dont profit from ir therefore, science is useless.
>>
Well, the only thing in which I disagree with Bill Nye is what he said about genders, probably did it because is a trending topic among milennials and libtards
>>
>>730644666
When was your textbook written?

Maybe just try googling "Jurassic CO2" instead of being a bitter prick.
>>
File: 1491856972035.jpg (1MB, 1884x1479px) Image search: [Google]
1491856972035.jpg
1MB, 1884x1479px
In regards to the multitude of genders, just think about what freaks humans are. As far as we know, we're the only creatures in the universe capable of complex thought. We've only recently started seriously and methodically exploring and analyzing that both physically and psychologically. Human beings are complicated in ways we're only beginning to understand, and what we know seems to just be the tip of the iceberg.

I get it. SJW loud-mouths who tell you to mind your pronouns and call you cis male scum because you're straight and want to fuck women are annoying. I hate them too. But given how short life is and how much more we still have to learn, would it hurt to keep an open mind and accept that things aren't simple, black-and-white, cut-and-dry?
>>
>>730644176
seriously? The dude above was asking for proof newer than his 2012 shitfest
2014>2012
Papers take a long time to write, and way longer to gather evidence. 2014 is 3 years ago thats as recent as it needs to be.
>>
File: click me.png (818KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
click me.png
818KB, 750x750px
>>
>>730632863
>Scientist
>Muh 6,000,000 genders and sexes

Oh and what's the wager that the faggots at the science march are the types who claim race is a social construct? Not even the nutjobs who deny dinosaurs are that bad.
>>
>>730645040
>science I am using right now is more than 100 years old if not older
>My smartphone is 100 years old
>The internet is 100 years old
>People have been living my privileged, modern way of life for the past 100 years or longer

Haha keep saying things, this is fun
>>
>>730644997
>They aren't fucking stupid

Everyone can be fooled, no matter how smart you are. There's always a blind spot somewhere.
>>
File: 1492279088363.png (38KB, 425x267px) Image search: [Google]
1492279088363.png
38KB, 425x267px
>>730633980
Hey doesn't know much except about being just like you op.
>>
I'm a conservative currently attending college. I cannot say either way if humans are solely responsible for climate change, because I haven't studied it enough to know, and finding pictures and shit on the internet is usually biased and therefore untrustworthy. However I do believe we play a part. I also firmly believe in evolution, but then again the idea of creation is religious, not political.
>>
>>730632863
Not anti-science, Mr Nye. Anti-technology. Science is transparent. Technology is being used for world domination and that is unacceptable.
>>
>>730632863
I do and I kinda like Trump.
>>
>>730645311
Ignorance is bliss. Hoo new?
>>
>>730644773
>As our paleo techniques improve and other discoveries emerge this story will no doubt be refined
>Comments 1 to 50 out of 72:
>Marcel Bökstedt at 09:13 AM on 18 March, 2010
>2010
lolol
>>
>>730645448
Thank you, way too many of your fox news buds cant seem to wrap their head around the notion that Evolution is an answer to how and not why. Didnt mean to bunch people like you in with the retards but when I think of conservatives I generally think of the tardos I see on fox news comment threads
>>
>>730645542
>Ignorance is bliss

What exactly am I ignorant of?
>>
File: 15011_074.jpg (523KB, 1513x2017px) Image search: [Google]
15011_074.jpg
523KB, 1513x2017px
>>730644440
It's not just about whether people believe or not. The truth should be real whether you have "Faith" or beliefs, or if you are skeptical. When they start treating people with different beliefs the same way the Spanish Inquisition of the dark ages treated people, they are wrong. Whether they are factually wrong or not, the scientific "Ministry of Truth" has turned into something rotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZaOob81gX8
>>
rinse/repeat

don't worry-be happy
>>
>>730632863
All science mixed with political agendas aside, Id like to wipe my ass with his bow tie and make him put it back on
>>
>>730645311

I fucking knew you would bring up le funny smarphone is future meme and while I already aggreed that science is productive, its primitive and of no use per se. You jsut dont seem to aknwoledge that science as it is right now, is misused for means that grant ultimativly a negative outcome or have no means what so ever for the simple folk. What use has a smartphone if the society doesnt teach us to utilize it correctly, what use has the internet. And even that is debateable, science is a slave of the economy and economy demands destruction. Your two examples dont unfuck the current state of the world and the tool, the greatest tool, being misused and held back.
>>
>>730632863
Climate change: it's politicized. Dems want to use the issue to hamstring industry and tax trillions for "solutions."

It's not climate change that is the issue so much, as it is the degree of CC and the effect humans are having. Getting caught monkeying with the figures doesn't help. Also, the implication that somehow Repubs are responsible for it is evident.

Climate Change is the dems' own "red scare" or zombie apocalypse:

"Give us lots of money and total control over your economy and we'll fix it."
>>
File: 1493119859584.jpg (70KB, 622x457px) Image search: [Google]
1493119859584.jpg
70KB, 622x457px
>>730645755
>>
>>730633822
>63 genders
I thought they said there was a lot more than that. Isn't mayonnaise a gender now?
>>
>>730645190
Anon...seriously.
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO is google "jurassic CO2 levels" and "current CO2 levels".
Don't trust me. Don't trust ANYONE.
Look it up yourself.
If CO2 levels of 400ppm (the current) had any chance of causing runaway greenhouse effect, then it would have happened long before we ever even evolved.
>>
The debate is really about what will happen if conservatives were to admit the science was correct, what could we do?

Well the idea from the liberals to is have more government control of our energy, especially electricity. The end result is much higher electricity prices to reflect the actual cost of creating it. (Not just the business costs, but the environmental costs factored into price as well.)

Eventually our prices will be as high or higher than Europeans who pay up to 3x times more than USA.

So do we want to protect the environment, clean up CO2 and have very high energy prices....or do we want low electricity costs and less governmental regulation?

BTW I have a Youtube channel, very popular!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvi3_lZ-bMi0BxOFblraudA
>>
>>730645803
Yikes. Well, grammar for a start.
>>
>>730646030
1 gender for every person cause no two people are identical.
>>
>>730634597
97% of all scientist??whose ass did you pull that number from.
>>
>>730646030
Could be. I can scarcely imagine anything mattering less.
>>
>>730646125
>Criticizes someone's grammar after typing a one word sentence
>>
>>730632863
Nothing wrong with proven science that has gone through the scientific method
Thesis>theory>experiment>peer review>data>proof

A lot of "science" these days though is stuck at the "theory" stage with no conclusive studies, data or proof to back it up, and we are being told to take it as fact.
>>
>>730646102
>The debate is really about what will happen if conservatives were to admit the science was correct
they would lose a lot of their mouthbreeding hillbilly constituents probably,
>>
>>730645930
>What use is having damn near all the world's information at my fingertips

I can keep this up allll day
>>
Yeah, about that "97%" that folks like to throw around:
So why, to this day, do people still routinely hear the talking point “97% of scientists agree” when it comes to global warming?

In 2013, Australian scientist John Cook - author of the book Climate Change Denial: Heads in the Sand - analyzed 12,000 abstracts (summaries of studies) and claimed “97% of climate papers stating a position on human-caused global warming agree global warming is happening and we are the cause.” [*1]

The problem? His method of review was so unthoughtful that it entirely distorted the results. Using the qualifier “papers taking a position,” Cook subjectively identified 34 percent of the papers as having supposedly expressed an opinion on anthropogenic climate change, and of that 34%, since 33% appeared to endorse anthropogenic climate change (in his assessment), he then divided 33 by 34 and got 97%.

But as the National Review points out, “When David Legates, a University of Delaware professor who formerly headed the university’s Center for Climatic Research, recreated Cook’s study, he found that ‘only 41 papers’ of the 11,944 had endorsed what Cook claimed they endorsed.”

That’s only 0.3% of all 11,944 papers or “1% of the 4,014” that had specifically expressed an opinion.

In addition, “several scientists whose papers were included in Cook’s initial sample also protested that they had been misinterpreted.” [*2]

*1 http://www.skepticalscience.com/news.php?f=97-percent-consensus-cook-et-al-2013

*2 http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle

The "Science" movement today has all the hallmarks of a medieval religion.
Demagogues preaching to the converted.
Infallible prophets you're not allowed to question.
Heresy and heretic labeling.
And scariest of all, attempts to use of the levers of power in government to enforce the doctrine.
>>
>>730632863

>climate change is real
>believe me, I'm the same guy who says there are 1000 genders

Yea no

Funny how lefties always claim to be so edgy and le atheist free thinkers but then are afraid to ask, "hey what if global warming is actually a bunch of bs?"

Maybe provide some solid proof of your assertion in order to convince others.
>>
>>
I don't have any problem with these climate change deniers. They're entitled to their opinions.
>when the ocean biosphere collapses, their offspring should be the first eaten.
>>
>>730646215
The “97 percent” statistic first appeared prominently in a 2009 study by University of Illinois master’s student Kendall Zimmerman and her adviser, Peter Doran. Based on a two-question online survey, Zimmerman and Doran concluded that “the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific bases of long-term climate processes” — even though only 5 percent of respondents, or about 160 scientists, were climate scientists. In fact, the “97 percent” statistic was drawn from an even smaller subset: the 79 respondents who were both self-reported climate scientists and had “published more than 50% of their recent peer-reviewed papers on the subject of climate change.” These 77 scientists agreed that global temperatures had generally risen since 1800, and that human activity is a “significant contributing factor.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle
>>
>>730646125
I'm not the same guy. It's funny how people with no real argument tend to look for grammar mistakes and misspelling.
>>
>>730646288
Me doing something incorrectly doesn't make what you did correct. That's not how being correct works. Silly bunny.
>>
>>730646572
ok, but there is no doubt in my mind they will learn absolutely nothing from the experience.
>>
>>730646215
J. Cook, et al, "Consensus on consensus: a synthesis of consensus estimates on human-caused global warming," Environmental Research Letters Vol. 11 No. 4, (13 April 2016)
Any other questions, cupcake?
>>
>>730646215
>https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm
>>
>>730646293
>Atomic Theory
Yeah, your computer, the internet, microwaves, the internet. It's all just theoretical bullshit.
/sarcasm in case you didn't get it.
>>
>>730634226
>>who dont believe in climate change
in the future, all 63 sexes can butt-fuck
each other on 3/4 melted glaciers
>>
>>730646422

Ok, Ill try to explain it that way.Your fucking iphone doesnt do anything for most of the people because most of the third world cant even afford it. If the science, a tool, isnt used to help people, but only a part of the chosen society, it has no use, especially, if it is misused. Your iphone, is useless and could have been produced in 50 years after the tool, science, has helped the ones who need it the most. it cant, because its a slave of some moneymonkeys, you are effectivly protecting moneymonkeys for a glorified toy. You are the product of a sick society and ultimativly, the protector of the end. In the end, there will be no science ebcause the greatest tool, greater then science, is the human but science isnt working for it, its working against it. How fucking dense are you? Have you ever left you bubble, just for once seen the shit thats going on in the world. how is a smartphone or the internet helpful? How is medicine, that is only acting when money talks, helpful for the aids sick and cancer sick? How does it stop poverty or hunger. It doesnt, because its misused, you are a discgrace and a waste of word. i am ashamed to be your species.
>>
>>730646722
But Darwin will be satisfied.
>>
>>730646630
I'm not the same guy, and the only argument I had was with your grammar mistake, for which I didn't have to look very hard. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
>>
rinse/repeat

don't worry-be happy
>>
Re: global warming

Not denying global temperatures are rising, that is a fact, the data is there.

There is however no evidence that directly correlates the heating of the planet to be directly caused by man/humans and co2 emissions.

There are many instances in the past of the earths history, where there were drastic changes in global temperature, wether it be warming or cooling, that were not caused or affected by man-made co2 emissions, when there was no human civilisations at all, or we were all just living in caves around campfires.

Until otherwise proven to be 100% fact, the correlation between human co2 emissions and rise/change in global temperature is nothing more than circumstantial.
>>
>>730646695
But I dindu nuffin, nor claimed what i dindu was dun correct.
>>
>>730632863
I believe in climate change. I see it happen and it affect where I live.

I do not believe in evolution. School taught me about it, teachers did not answer my questions, and instead told me "I would be left behind" if I didn't come to accept it. The teachers I looked up to treated me like shit. It was like the catholic school teachers I hear about. People would rather call me a stupid bitch than explain to me the process. I believe in species adaptation, but until I see evolution on the scale of neanderthal-to-human, I'll just keep on keeping to myself.

I don't understand why so may people think "you don't believe in evolution? we can't be friends, you're anti-science"

No, I just don't believe one aspect science teaches.

Stop being a cunt like the religious fanatics you hate so much and let me live my damn life
>>
>>730632863
Science can't even explain how magnets work. How the hell are they supposed to know if we're really changing the climate
>>
>>730647153
Because they are quite obviously a lot smarter than you.
>>
>>730646968
>Your fucking iphone doesnt do anything for most of the people because most of the third world cant even afford it.
Oh yeah? Then tell me how all those niggers in Africa can tape all those necklacing, eh?
>>
>>730646935
Look at the bright side. Life in Greenland, Alaska, Canada, and Russia will improve considerably.
>>
I'm a conservative myself, and I do believe in climate change and evolution. I don't know why other conservatives don't believe the same stuff. I fucking love science, I'm an aspiring theoretical physicist. Anyway, I do agree that there are many braindead conservatives who are ignorant towards facts, such as climate change and evolution. I'm conservative because I agree with the economic aspect of conservatism, however I do hold core beliefs of liberal social policy, such as pushing for LGBT rights.
>>
>>730646968
>Your fucking iphone doesnt do anything for most of the people because most of the third world cant even afford it

Yeah I got your point a while ago, but it seems to me that you have a problem with social and political structure. So should we stop all scientific advancements and all the other shit we're doin right now to fix this corrupt planet? I see where you're going with this, but just because the world is fucked up doesnt mean we shouldnt make it subjectively less fucked for those with the privilege to enjoy it, and subjectively less fucked to those without said privilege to a lesser extent
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.