[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Youtube is in the process of dying, or at the very least becoming

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: YouTube-icon-full_color.png (13KB, 1024x721px) Image search: [Google]
YouTube-icon-full_color.png
13KB, 1024x721px
Youtube is in the process of dying, or at the very least becoming cable 2.0. This is putting many creators in dire straights and lots are talking about it.

How do you feel? Do you make shit on this platform? Is it getting taken away from you?

Should these "crybaby" creators just get a real job and stop complaining about it?

Is it sad that consumerism is 'infesting' the previously 'wild west' style of the internet?

Is there ever a way to capture our identity as an individual for good or are corporate interests always going to sneak in and take everything away?

I'm curious to hear what you have to say /b
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>
File: _87705549_gettyimages-494848194.jpg (69KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
_87705549_gettyimages-494848194.jpg
69KB, 976x549px
>>
Not gonna lie, Youtubers are some of the most entitled people ever. The are able to publish their content for free, and make a 100% profit, and still have the audacity to play the victim. Also, most Youtubers make money manipulating children, and flood the market with uncreative forms of entertainment. Fuck them.
>>
File: imagessss.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imagessss.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>
File: photo.jpg (95KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
95KB, 900x900px
this is the last image bump, just to make sure people end up seeing this thread
>>
File: suspiciouspepe.jpg (2KB, 125x86px) Image search: [Google]
suspiciouspepe.jpg
2KB, 125x86px
>>730570150
YouTube is far from becoming Cable 2.0. I mean a lot of big name ads have pulled from the site because they're a bunch of dickless faggots who bend to the will of the mainstream, but it's been an opportunity for lesser known organizations to move in and promote bigger channels.
All in all it'll blow over soon once the mainstream media realizes they can't break YouTube; granted YouTube fixes its shit and doesnt break itself.
>>
>>730570291
Hate this cunt
>le listen to meh I have all da factz
>>
>>730570150
Trading time for money, that is a job.
>>
>>730570281
So you're saying that these people are manipulating people, kids, into liking this stuff with clickbait, so it's good that they are dying away. Because they were never as original as they claimed to be? I can see that point of view for sure.

>>730570379
What would you say to the new Youtube TV thing that is launching, or has launched I don't really know. To me, personally, that's the thing that strikes it as Cable 2.0
>>
>>730570150
it sucks. its easy fast entertainment and most people i watch cant stop making videos on how bad it is.

tbh i dont really care. im sure there will eventually be a switch from youtube to something else. kinda like the switch between myspace to facebook,
>>
Youtube is dying from the executives bowing down to the crybabys. If a channel makes a videos that get demonatised because of the standards that are set to protect the feelings of some people. All that you will end up with are the pedos making kids videos and the bleeding heart morons and will send themselves broke. Legitimate creators can still make money using different websites so it's not an issue for them.
>>
youtube is certainly creating a void that can be taken by another startup to try and monetize videos in a different way... as it stands right now i got a feeling that any video platform with a slightly better ad/payment system and 'more content freedom' will take thousands if not millions of people from youtube.. they'll need a lot of funding to get an infrastructure going, but still... youtube is shooting themselves in the foot from my perspective
>>
>>730570571
Eh racist and bigoted cunts shouldn't be paid to spread their crap views. I'm with YouTube on that, and you can't blame advertisers for not wanting to be a part of that shit.
>>
>>730570481
Haven't really heard much about it actually,
it also strikes me as cable-esque.
Although if they play their cards right it'll just add to YouTubes popularity rather than cuck it more.
>>
>>730570641
>racist
>bigoted
name one
>>
>>730570641
I am not talking about those people. I am talking about creators who swear and that sort of thing who lose money because some fuck stain somewhere gets hurt over words.
>>
>>730570150
Watching you tube as means of entertainment
>>
>>730570641
What if, in the process of purging ads from violent videos, the channels that use naughty language are caught in the crossfire?

I see both sides honestly. Corporate interest does not want to associate with 'undesirable' content, and want to distill itself as much as possible to reach as many as possible. However, Youtubers want to feel like they can say what they mean instead of sugar coating their opinions, lest they lose their sponsorship. It's a really interesting time in the internet right now imo.
>>
>>730570150
YouTube is very far from becoming cable 2.0. And while people do realize what is currently being done against content creators, not many people who are not content creators want to do anything about it. Not enough people will completely abandon the site to capture google's attention. Maybe in the next 5-10 years, but not anytime soon.
>>
>>730570759
I know you're trolling, but I'm curious to know if you have any substance to that argument.

if you didn't watch it as entertainment then, what's the point of watching it?
>>
>>730570150
Youtube was supposed to be about anyone being able to upload and share videos. Now it's just buried under copyright claims and the biggest channels are literally just TV studios anyway.

I mean shit, you can get copyright claimed for doing something in a fucking Minecraft video that someone else has already done before. I shit you not, in the Moonquest series by the Yogscast they crash-landed their first spacecraft because they're legit just fucking bad at the game. They had to pull that episode because some other Minecraft LPer had crash-landed on the moon before them and claimed copyright infringement. Why? What? How? Who cares?

When it got to that point I was just like OK fuck it, I'm out. I just use Youtube for music, kekking at videos of russians doing dumb shit and for the odd fap nowadays.

Unfortunately OP, Youtube is here to stay until some other video site comes along with a better DRM/rules/copyright shit. That is however unlikely.
>>
>>730570857
What do you have to say about Youtube's new Cable TV package thing they've been trotting out?

That's why I asked about the cable 2.0 thing, they seem to be going the way of Sling, with additive videos about the thing you just watched to follow.
>>
>>730570882
>>
>>730570820
really interesting time in general tbh
Trump is our president and everyone is losing their shit.
Hell of a time to be alive.
>>
File: tumblr_o63zkc57Pj1vsstouo4_1280.jpg (172KB, 1237x1237px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o63zkc57Pj1vsstouo4_1280.jpg
172KB, 1237x1237px
I blame this sack of shit plus dozen others because of that "Youtube drama" Now youtube is down the shitter.
>>
>>730570820
I see where you are getting at. There has to be rules and standards to follow. But so many things fall into a grey area. Dependent on your upbringing and culture you may take offence to different things. But Google as a whole need to get a grip on what is happening.
>>
>>730570529
but facebook is so much worse. Is it all just downhill from here?
>>
>>730570196
>>730570233
These fags deserve death
>>
>>730571103
I would love to hear you elaborate on why. Not because I disagree, but because it would be interesting to read that opinion.
>>
>>730570281
Google takes 45% of ad revenue then networks take usually between 30-10% of your 45%.
>>
File: 1409197386486.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1409197386486.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>730570281
They don't make 100% profit. YouTube takes a good cut of the profits, around 30% of the profit last I checked. On top of that, they're only paid by whatever algorithm they have to check for advertisements for their views and clicks. And holy hell, the only way to make this profitable is if you make a TON of videos constantly or have really high view counts on them. This isn't including people that are affiliated with Nintendo, as they also take a huge cut of the profits. Think it's half after YouTube takes their cut.

Most people barely make a whole lot of views on their videos, or put out constant content, and the ones that do put a shit ton of work into doing this shit. I don't know about you, but I'm very reluctant with the idea of turning something like that into a job. Just thinking of all the editing I'd have to do, making sure I don't sound like a slobbering idiot with a clear enough voice, doing whatever the hell I would do. Sheesh, animators themselves are absolutely boned using YouTube. Thinking you can make it big on YouTube or make a living off it alone is idiotic.

>>730570150
Honestly they put themselves into this hole. They should have put their content onto other websites the moment their videos started getting flagged as has been shown or seeing the lack of support to them from YouTube to stand up against these kinds of things. Thankfully, many of them have outside income from brands to merch, but they really should start investing work into outside sources and soon, lest they find themselves thrown in the trash by Google in favor of old media influence.
>>
>>730570882
Cp
>>
>>730570150
No!

In between there are more Pedo related vids than ever before and it gets more and more, I'm even not able to see all the new uploads with nude kids.

Youtube is growing!
>>
I'm one of those people who just play video games now for a living now. Of course not going to tell you guys my channel cause that would be suicide. I don't expect to keep this up forever. I think it's going to crash and hit a wall eventually, and I'll have to figure out what else to do with my life since I wasted so much time playing video games for a living. I do have a computer science degree to fall back on.

But for now, I literally bought a house from playing video games on the internet. That's fucking crazy to me still.
>>
^^^^^^^^^
All these smartasses.....cringed.
No other new youtube wannabe video "portal" can avoid bowing down to what advertisers want. Keep being an idiot, believing too much in freedom of speech and using racist jokes/holocaust craps in your videos, you will get your ass kicked by the host and the advertisers.
It's hilarious how plenty of those cancerous videos with thousands and millions of views made by certain cancers are now free from ads.
>>
Hi, active person in YouTube, own a channel with ~55k subscribers and manage a channel with 750k+ subs.

I'll start off by saying many YouTubers are doing very well for themselves. Though my concern with YouTube taking such a harsh hit recently is the people who want to continue doing what they love but are having problems scraping by and now being forced back to shit jobs. It's like having your favorite thing pulled out of your grasp.

That's my take on it, am I worried about my channels? No. Am I worried for others who make amazing videos that don't be bring in 3 million+ views per month to sustain themselves? Absolutely.

Side note for informing you all - The amount people make per 1000 views will vary by a lot, their network split and their CPM (Cost Per Mille) The averages CPM a channel will make is roughly $2 - $3 USD. After everything, it currently around 1.3 - 2 if that.

So if a channel pulls 1 million views on a month, they're looking at rough 1300$ if they're lucky when it was $3000+ Summer 2016. This is all before notworks (Machinima, Fullscreen, etc.) take their cut from it.
>>
>>730571226
what sites would you suggest they leap on to? To my knowledge, Youtube is the only site that is as freeform on the internet.

>>730571238
still trolling, aight I gave you a chance at least.

>>730571345
I'm curious to hear if you've come up with any other solutions once you've been hit. Could you take your audience somewhere else? Start a Patreon? What's your plan, providing your audience will follow you anywhere you go.
>>
>>730570150

I make more now on twitch, than I ever did on youtube.

HIT 'EM WITH THE FLEX!!
>>
File: 1379823393080.jpg (38KB, 528x440px) Image search: [Google]
1379823393080.jpg
38KB, 528x440px
>>730571650
Sadly, I don't know where else they could go to. Not a the top of my head anyways. They could try and form their own sites together, like how NormalBoots or HiddenBlock. But really they should just talk to one another and attempt some kind of back up of any sort, because right now I just don't think many people will survive through this and be forced to quit entirely. YouTube's own idiotic steps into trying to make money like they have been with only advertisers and Red when it's so obvious how to actually do it are just astounding.

>>730571593
That's a lot less than what I had thought it was if this is true. Out of curiosity, how does the outside income, from brand deals to merchandise, work out?
>>
>>730570150
YouTube used to just be this place where we posted shit for the hell of it. It was never about the money for the uploaders.

Nowadays, after Google buying the site and implementing partnerships and automation to manage everything, it absolutely is Cable 2.0, down to the template of reality television, or worse, actual child abusers passing their abuse off as reality television.

To the people that just came to post memes and YTPs, YouTube is more or less the same place it always was, and if not, there are alternatives like vid.me to migrate to.

Anyway, YouTube is actually failing at being Cable 2.0, word to the ad boycott, the broken algorithm and YouTube's own efforts to regulate content. The website will likely die or purge a great amount of its content.

Career YouTubing is over, these people will have to get jobs now.
>>
>>730570695
So press tv/al jazeera/fox news. Which all have different political viewpoints. Should be banned.
>>
https://youtu.be/Bn_yH2nkVgc
>>
>>730571345
Ksi. The fifa guy did too. I know someone who knows a similar youtuber. Tbh i think the fad is dieing now.
>>
>>730570281
All of this

Faggot ass bitches dare crying about it as if they had some kind of an assload of loans to pay back
>>
>>730570150
oh, nice.
hopefully nsagle drops dead too.
>>
>>730572880
what is nsagle?
>>
Sadly the few very good YouTube channels don't make enough money off of YouTube because it takes incredible amounts of time to create good and well-thought-out content. Take e.g. Nerdwriter1 who makes video essays on art, cinema etc. some of which require 50+ hours of work for a single video and because of that he uses patreon as an additional source of income. If you compare this to all the cancerous YouTube channels it really makes you wonder how these disgusting faggots are even allowed to exist on the same planet.
>>
>>730570150
I've been a youtuber since 2006, with approx. 4 million views and 1300 videos.
They are all restricted except 96 of them.
Only about 20 of those arent some ancient dead videos from an old mmo.
They are worth a grand total of 30,000 views.

So its basically like I don't even exist anymore.

It seems like properly labeling anything gets your video restricted regardless of what the content is and there seems to be autoflags on thumbnails, keywords, and descriptions.

Flagged thumbnails seem to be permanently stored and will apply a flag to anything they are attached too.

From my views, it seems that everything restricted gets virtually no views except from subs.

Meaning that growth is now virtually impossible for small channels who dont have the subs to push any of their content.

I put out some 600 videos in the past two years and there's literally no response, growth, or seo ranking generation because everything is restricted and blocked from the youtube search engine.

There are also rumors that people are getting gated into a baby, teen, and adult agegates.

This is restricting comments, searchable videos, recommended videos, recommended channels, etc. This is on the user end and the creator end.

Basically youtube has completely butchered itself because of the WSJ being SJWs and creating fake news and scaring off companies from purchasing ads.
>>
>>730571650
Vid.me seems to be pretty supportive and is very anti youtube and pro freedom of speech.
>>
>>730574808
Does it frustrate you that Youtube, reportedly, fails to inform you of what's going on, when, and why you're videos are not available for restricted view?
>>
>>730572190
>make a video for any video game made in the past 40 years
>tag it properly
>get flagged

>scream NIGGERS for ten minutes
>label title as Identifying Monkeys
>get no punishment and make money
>>
>>730575105
It is impossible to figure anything out. I fount out the above information by uploading a video over and over and over and making it public to see what would happen.

Theres no way to know its blocked until making it public and manually checking and guessing why
>>
>>730575340
for example using the word "battle" in anything automatically flags your video.
>>
>>730571405
Understandable but harmless sassy youtubers like onision hardly said anything racist/anti semitic at all but his channels are being punished by youtube for being not family friendly. Like wtf?, seriously. It's sad when views no longer equal money for them.

>>730573888
Because youtube is free to use, if it was paid to use, i doubt these cancers would be interested in making video at all.
>>
>>730576329
are you serious? Onison is a huge fucking cuck faglord and is cancerous as all fuck
>>
They have been saying so since the beginning.

At least as far back as sponsors took interest in channels youtube has been the new cable and youtube has been a real job. Just with independent uploaders allowed alongside this. The independent mass is not important, like public access TV was never important (but a lot smaller). Nobody will miss individuals if they pull out because 99+% of viewers are coming to youtube to view the sponsored channels or listen to music.
>>
>>730571103
Never understood why youtubers are hated to death but lottery winners are envied at the most.
>>
>>730572439
>liberals can't into freedom of speech
>>
>>730570281
>Also, most Youtubers make money manipulating children, and flood the market with uncreative forms of entertainment.
They also spread degeneracy, its better to.... Shut it down! Now we should build some ovens and make this world a better place.
>>
>>730570150
Okay, if you think YouTube is dying, you're a fucking dumbass. Were advertisers driven away under false pretenses? Yes. But Patreon still exists and fans fund what they love. Do you think all the people who are watch YouTube are going back to CNN and Fox?

I'm sorry your channel sucks and you have 2 subscribers, but don't think the ranting if others is a sign of their demise.
>>
>>730580008
Agree but whats the point of the last 3 lines? You wouldn't have made any money with 2 subs even in the past.
>>
>>730580008
>99% of all content on youtube is now filtered and requring an account thats logged in to even see it
>not dying
>>
>>730580232
It was aimed at OP who is probably one of the kids who blame other YouTubers for their lack of subscribers
>>
>>730570150
I'll watch an old 70's or 80's PBS documentary over youtube anyday

it seems the ability to make splashy videos with sophisticated software supersedes the quality/substance of the content nowadays. youtubers' speech also really put me off (boxxy seems to capture the essence of it, albeit exaggeratedly). they seem there to grab consumer's short attention span, rather than to communicate meaningful ideas.

I think the same thing sort of happened in the late 2000s with music production, whereby anyone with mixing software can put music on myspace or whereever. true talent is difficult to spot amongst the noise.

the "get rich quick" aspect of it may be part of what's ruining it. in the olden days, TV and music producers had proper background and training in theory and practice. now, anyone can tap their smartphone and become your next viral sensation.
>>
the ones who are lucky enough to be naturally very funny, or entertaining, or spend a lot of work making informational videos should be paid, like in every other niche of the entertainment industry. whether by advertisers, or by viewers.

i don't see a difference between a 'youtube celebrity' and an actual celebrity, aside from having 5 million vs 100 million fans. some are annoying and shouldn't have as many views as they have, e.g. pewdiepie, but whatever.

making videos isn't free - at the very least it takes time. for some creators, a lot of time. if i like something enough, i'm willing to put a dollar in a jar each month to keep the videos rolling in
>>
>>730570150
Any Youtuber not smart enough to branch out to their own website with monetary advertising after making headway on youtube aka 99% of them deserve what they get.

Heck its taken people years to get shit like donations via Patreon set up. Like they couldn't create their own donations function without some cunts making an app for them.
>>
>>730570281
I want pewdiepie to be assassinated. How can someone with a borderline retarded IQ make so much money saying such unentertaining shit?

YouTube ToS says you have to be 13 to use it, and I'm sure a lot of his videos are flagged 18+, yet I can't imagine anyone older than 12 watching his videos. Fuck that fucking fucker, I actually hope he dies, and I rarely say that about anyone.
>>
>>730582501
>fucking fucker
t. 15 y/o
>>
>>730570150
They work for a company, they have to suit the company's rules or find another job like everybody else, welcome to real world faggot.
>>
>>730582630
fuck off with your lq bait loser
>>
>>730582501
>pewdiepie is dumb
neck yourself
>>
>>730582824
Confirmed 15.
>>
>being a big youtuber
>not selling merch,
>ignoring the idea of using patreon/ twitch,
>not building your own website to put your content on as well
fuckin morons lmao
>>
File: 1492868651270.gif (365KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1492868651270.gif
365KB, 400x267px
>>730583145
that baitception tho
>>
File: 7v6uKShdhvo part2.webm (2MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
7v6uKShdhvo part2.webm
2MB, 406x720px
i don't follow the youtube dramaqueen bullshit.
i just go on it to hear pirated albums.
and to watch little girls bounce around in bare minimum clothing.
i'm fine with it as it is.
you just have to use video blocker to "remove videos by this channel" on any bullshit you see.
and use ublock to remove the comment section.
>>
>>730582819
Pretty much this. I don't understand why these faggots even bothered to make thread about their youtubers not getting enoigh money. It was generous enough of google to even give them money in the first place.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.