[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here /CripplingAlcoholism/? What's your drinking

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 28

File: alcoholism.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholism.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
Who else here /CripplingAlcoholism/? What's your drinking schedule like? Drink of choice?

Me, I have my first swig of rum at 6pm after spending the day avoiding food like a pack of feral niggers. I used to start at 5 but I've found that by starting at 6 I consume less and I consume it quicker, which translates to slightly less severe dehydration in the morning. Upon waking, I immediately guzzle as much gatorade or coconut water as possible until my gut is visibly larger. I used to put down 750ml of rum a day, but after shifting my schedule ahead an hour I'm down to probably only 650ml.
>>
>>730382663
lol just stop drinking you fucking zilch
>>
your body is simply a machine for processing alcohol. donate your body to science.
>>
I used to drink a 1.75 of vodka a night between 2 people. Now it varies. Sometimes it's a .375 or a liter between 2 people. Got much better but it still sucks. I have ambitions but I never go through with them.
>>
>>730383086
To add to that, the drastic jump in consumption is just which bottle we intend to buy. There is never any left
>>
>>730382663
Lol only 750 ml?

My schedule slightly fluctuates daily
Usually if I have nothing planned for the day I wake up with some hair of the dog (which is usually vodka for me) and then go run some errands. When I get back I continue to drink until I begin to blackout but not fully (Sunny called it "browning out"). Then I usually get some fast food and chug a shitload of water before passing out and sleeping like the gods. Rinse, repeat.
>>
I'm usually plastered out of my brain by 6AM. Why you wait so long to drink? You some kind of normie?
>>
>>730383380
>>730383438
Do you guys have a job? How is it possible to function?
>>
>>730383086
>I have ambitions but I never go through with them

This is one of my biggest concerns. I used to be very productive. Had a steady gf, hobbies, made extra cash playing music every other weekend... Now, all I do when I'm not working is drink and cook dinner for one.
>>
I used to drink about 80% of a handle a night fot many many years. Didnt know there was another way, and didnt realize how much better life could be wothout alcohol.

Were here for you when you decide to quit and cant figure out how.
>>
I go on 3 day benders then try and taper off using beer. Currently on beer four today and its almost 5pm. I feel anxious but i wont die and in a day or two ill feel ok.
>>
>>730383544
I'm a welfare vampire.
>>
>>730383544
I work in the restaurant industry. Drinking before work helps soothe my anxiety. And then occasionally I drink on the job. When I worked at Hooters we'd get plastered almost every time we went in. Alcoholism runs in my family, my grandpa is also a functional alcoholic and he's a lawyer.
>>
>>730383546
Yeah sounds about like my life except I never did anything like play music on the weekends even though I played guitar for like 10 years. I focused on career too early. I make a shit load of money. Other than that there is nothing
>>
I used to have rules about when to start, now it's immediately after work, on the weekends noon is the earliest so far. I drink fireball , tequila, rum, beer.
>>
>>730383705
If you were real you'd drink three more.
>>
I drink a 1.75L of Nikolai over two nights. 10 16oz beers other nights.

Im a highly functional alcoholic.
>>
>>730383627
That's comforting to hear. I've not drank the night before and I feel like I have super powers. I just can't keep it up. Ya know why? One of the best feelings I have ever had was drinking after a night of not drinking. It's too hard to pass up
>>
>>730382663

For over 20 years, I averaged 6 to 10 drinks a day. On Sundays, I'd often start with a hangover and drink immediately. I might have 20 drinks on Sunday.

I quit drinking 5 years ago. For about 8 weeks, I had nightmares, insomnia and often felt anxiety. Then I started feeling better. Things got easier at work and around the house.

I smoke weed like a fiend.
>>
>>730384109
I drink Nikolai too!! When you drink frequently you kinda have to get the cheap stuff.
>>
>>730384015
Who said im done for the day
>>
>>730384219
Yup, I don't drink because it tastes good. Also drink old Milwaukee.
>>
>>730384207
Lucky. Whats the cure?
>>
>>730384409
Weed apparently in his case. In the end it's addiction. Switch it up for one that doesn't kill you.
>>
>>730384409
He already told you dumbass. Stop drinking and smoke weed like a fiend.
>>
>>730383874
Is it not an issue being that drunk at a work place? None of the places I worked at would have tolerated it. Especially the "Browning out" condition you described
>>
>>730384409
Get addicted to working out instead
>>
weekly a minimum 8 litres of box wine (two 4litre boxes) try to make two last the week
>>
>>730382663
i'm just getting there. bottle of rum every evening! since i've got double money in work, i'm drinking like a dog
>>
>>730382663
tt
>>
>>730385337
I said I brown out if I have nothing planned for the day, if I'm working I drink way less but I still do enough to relax and still be functioning. That said I have a really good "auto pilot" for when I'm REALLY outta there.
>>
>>730382663
crippling. must be getting serious now
>>
>>730382663
That's pretty impressive. I used to drink like 4+ liters a week of taaka 100 proof and maybe 12 pack of high grav beers. Been sober like 4 years. Quit cold turkey. Good times.

About to fall off the wagon and have a glass of red wine left over from cooking stroganoff.
>>
>>730384164

I remember when it felt like i accomplished something by not drinking before 10am. Noon would roll around and id think "phew, i earned this one!"

It never occured to me that i could no longer control whefher or not i drank. It was only a matter of time til my body would say "ok now drink" and id be right back where i was before.

Im about 3 years sober. Finally got curious enough, and broken enough, and confused enough, to google aa meetings near me. I went in with an open mind and a broken mind.

Good luck, anon. Keep your unbrella handy, i know its raining out there.
>>
>>730385617
Ah yeah I missed that part. I don't leave the house if I am drinking but then again I live where I have to drive to go anywhere.
>>
>>730385797
I drink a 375ml of 75% rum every other night. About to go buy right now.
Not sure if's helping me not kill myself or driving me in the path to.
>>
If you're not passing out you're not doing it right.

This is the definition of an alcoholic. God I hated morning but at least when your a drunk the day gets better as it wears on. Being sober it kinda blows all day.
>>
File: Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg (85KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy_Wiseau_in_The_Room.jpg
85KB, 970x545px
I drink 16 16oz Natty Ice (5.9% ABV) 4 days a week starting after work (4PM). I drink until about 11 PM.

On the weekend I drink about 24 Bush Lights starting between 12-2PM. Sometimes I just stay up all night and go to work "drunk". I can go 3 days without drinking before caving, I don't get the shakes/withdrawls, work m-f in 7-4 in IT.

I want to quit, but I don't know how. AA doesn't work for me. I think it's great for some people, but not for me. I don't know how to quit, but I want to. What sucks is I'm good at what I do and I'm manipulative so I have been able to live this way the past 7 years. Had a few medical issues related to heart (afib). I'm a pretty good person tbh. I want to stop this lifestyle, but it just get's worse and worse over the years. Not 100% sure what to do. Want to change, but I lack true motivation. Once I start drinking I can't stop until I'm about to pass out.
>>
>>730382663
How does one get into drinking? I'm generally a stoner or opiate fag but opiates are too spendy to have all the time and green gets boring.

I fucking hate hangovers though. I'm like almost 40 now and can't handle them like I could when I was in my twenties.

So. ..how to become an alcohol? Even tho I hate hangovers? Stay drunk maybe?
>>
>>730385995
Both my friend. I understand that feels. The fucking boredom of sober life is stifling. Can't drink to escape the horrors of the proletariat.

Oh and when you quit you gonna have bad anxiety.
>>
>>730385889
And AA helped? Sounds like a ton or bullshit to put up with but I like the whole support idea
>>
>>730386105
The definition of an alcoholic is having an addiction and/or a dependency, its got nothing to do with passing out.
>>
>>730385889

yup, I feel the same way. Usually have a beer before heading out the door in the morning, another one at lunch, and then a few when I get home and a big slug of some booze to end the night. I can easily see me losing my job because of this but I cant stop. Im terrified to admit I have a problem because that means opening up to everyone around me that I have a problem. Its not the fear of them knowing per se, but I work as a beer rep and I'd rather they dont know about me and my drinking problem, but if I get a DUI then they will know and I will be fired.

I looked up AA meeting in town but I'm reluctant to go because they are local, but I do want to go and just see whats up.

What is the most helping aspect of AA?
>>
>>730386230
Keep drinking nightly
Hangovers get mistaken for withdrawal
Drink during the day
????
Profit
>>
>>730386440
Yeah. I know but an addict doesn't have just one. We go hard if you get my drift.
>>
>>730386105
>If you're not passing out you're not doing it right.
>This is the definition of an alcoholic.

WRONG.
>>
>>730386505
Kk. On it. I'll start tonight, seriously I've had a shit span of a few days. Wish me luck Bros
>>
>>730386121
Why do you suppose you drink so much? Just wondering. I ask myself the same question and it might just be that I like the feeling but I hope it is not. I have always had low self confidence and drinking takes it away. Until the next morning anyway
>>
>>730386121
can you represent your drinking by graph?
>>
Alcohol is gross. I don't know how you guys can get addicted to it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>730386595
Trust me I know, your not telling me anything new.
>>
>>730386443
The ritual of the meeting and misery loving company. AA is a cult, not in a bad way, but it is a cult.

Most addicts change one addiction for another and then swap them until they die. Might be sex, cigarettes, pills, gambling, shopping. The demon never dies.
>>
>>730382663
Small player here. I average around 3 liters of beer per day. Usually start anywhere between 12 and 3pm with one can to take the edge off. Work and drink the other 5 back to back watching a movie starting around 12pm/1am
>>
>>730386774
cheaper than dicks
>>
>>730386846
The feeling, not the taste.
>>
>>730386230
Don't you fucking moron. Please just get something else to do.
>>
>>730386628
I mean in such a manner that no alcoholic has any interest in a glass of wine with dinner.

Now maybe a couple of magnum bottles with dinner and we are talking.

I am an addict. A recovering one but it never goes away.
>>
>>730386121
I drink the same stuff as you but not in that high of a quantity. Usually 4-8 natty's a night every other night because the hangover the next day makes me too nauseous to drink again.

Also AA is b.s. to me as well. Sucks anon hang in there. I'm on the same boat but not as flooded as yours
>>
>>730386341
>ton of bullshit to put up with

Its been years since i woke up and my first thought was how much liquor i had left. Or if i needed to throw up before i drank more so i didnt waste liquor. Or if i need to go get another handle before 9 while its still 11am.

A life trapped by alcohol. Thats a lot of bullshit to put up with.
>>
>>730386892
man thats so deep man
>>
I'm a high functioning alcoholic. Drink a 12 pack daily on weekdays and drink 20+ on weekends. I feel fuzzy and less productive if I don't drink
>>
>>730386892

Sounds terrible, I dont know if I can do that. I always pictured it as a room of Barney Gumbels and shitty homeless looking fuckers. I dont want to replace my current dependency for alcohol with a dependency on other people.
>>
>>730386230
Vodka gives the least bad hangovers. Brandy gives the worst. Beer is in the middle. Has to do with something called cogeners iirc
>>
Found out I have pre-diabetes last week. I eat healthy, but was on a pint of vodka and a six pack of high octane craft beer every night after work. It's scary shit. I can only assume it's the booze and not the Greek yogurt.
>>
>>730386443

The most helpful aspect of AA is that i do not drink anymore and my life is free for living.

The most helpful aspect is that im not terrified and i dont wish i was dead.
>>
>>730384109
...And it's going to kill me. I don't see my self living another 10 years.

Sucks, I have a family, afraid to quit.
>>
>>730387122
wow feel sry 4 u
>>
Every week night on my way home from work I get a 10 pack of the airplane bottles of American Honey and a 6 pack of 16oz Rolling Rock. Usually purchase between 530-6pm. Go home, eat dinner with wife/kids, then drink all of it between 630-11pm until I black out. Saturday and Sunday I drink 101, about 375ml each day, and have between 15-20 Rolling Rock. My wife wishes I wouldn't, but I'm more involved with life and my family when I'm above average fucked up.
>>
>>730386443
The group aspect, "that you're not alone"
>>
I lost my job from drinking
>>
>>730387209
I went to AA once. It's surprising, I guess. People from all walks of life, including these two retired ladies in their 60s who would just drink and watch soap operas all day.
>>
>>730387125
>we should touch genitals
>>
>>730387357

I meant, "What aspect of AA meetings do you feel has helped you cope the most with your addition"

Good to see you working that shit out thought, Can you still drink socially and occasionally? I don't want to stop all together, I just want to not go from 0-100. Once I start I can't stop.
>>
>>730387209
Then just go cold turkey and have someone call an ambulance if you have a seziure. All you gotta do is not drink again.

AA isn't the only way to get sober even if that's what they would have you believe.
>>
>>730386846
I've been an alcoholic for almost a decade and I still wince when I take my first sip of the day. I drink the really hard stuff though.
>>
>>730386892

Bullshit. AA is not a cult. In a cult you worship somebody who has something you cannot obtain. In AA you learn how to obtain what it is other people have. Theres no leader.

But theres always the "aa is a cult" person in these threads.
>>
>>730382663
Shouldn't you be hitting the gatorade before going to bed?
>>
>>730387199
I bet you aren't high functioning to others
>>
File: IMG_1545.png (261KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1545.png
261KB, 750x1334px
>>730387582
>tries to touch genitals
>realizes you're a trap
>>
>>730386816
seconding this
>>
>>730387122
Right now you are explaining common knowledge in a cringe worthy manner. That is what your doing, your not educating anyone, just stop
>>
>>730387674
Agreed anon.. if we're being honest, the first couple of drinks you just feel miserable, know you shouldn't be doing it, but you do anyway.. and by drink 3 you're back to not giving a fuck until you wake up feeling like shit the next day
>>
>>730387604

>once i start, i cannot stop

Youre earning your seat in AA. Well be here when youre ready. We all wanted to "learn how to drink" and we tried it all.

I gave up. I do not drink at all.

Good luck, anon!
>>
I'm a high functioning chronic alcoholic. manage to work a full time job that pays well. I drink all day. I start with a morning shot of vodka around 7 am. Then do a shot almost every hour till 4 pm. Then I will drink a few beers and chase a few more shots of vodka. Sometimes I go thru a 750 ml of cheap vodka in a day. I get the shakes if I don't drink for more than 4 hours.
>>
>>730387162
Agreed but I couldn't deal with being disingenuous. It's the higher power and the steps in general that I hate. I don't think I could do that. Is there a better more concrete reason that I should join other than "it's better than drinking"?
>>
>>730387917

>this

I feel like a slug when I crack open that beer at 9, but if I don't I have panic attacks in my car and grind my teeth like crazy all day.
>>
File: tumblr_m7rz2wrTVQ1rnvzfwo1_500.jpg (56KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7rz2wrTVQ1rnvzfwo1_500.jpg
56KB, 480x360px
>>730387604
Sorry pal, it won't work you. You won't take my advice. You will quit and then only drink on special occasions. Fast forward a year and taking the trash out is a special occasion. Then you quit again.

Rinse and repeat until you bottom out totally and finally realize it is poison to you and you can't ever have a relationship with it.
>>
>>730387695
The absence of a leader doesn't make it not a cult. AA is a religion of sorts. It's not a bad thing, it does loads of good in this world. It is a very effective intervention but not the only one.

I'm not attacking it, if it works for you great.
>>
>>730388026
The fucking teeth grinding man.. right there with you.. also fidget my fingers against hard surfaces until the tips are raw and cracked.. I prefer scotch over beer, but we're not too far apart..
>>
>>730387569
I'm sorry to hear that dude. Did you end up finding another job?
>>
>>730388049

Yeah, I know you're right. I used to bartend to I really enjoy booze, in all its flavors and forms, pairing it and describing the tastes and sensations. I have a hard time coming to terms with the idea that I could never drink wine with a meal or have a beer with a steak.

But its a thing I'll either need to come to terms with or just keep on the path I'm on.
>>
>>730387740
Thanks, I needed to think about that. I feel like I'm a better person drunk
>>
>>730387843
How about you go perform a physical improbability?
>>
>>730382663
nah I decided to quit and stop being an attention whore.
>>
>>730388356

I also do this thing where I press my tongue against the back of my lower teeth, I do it all the time, I'm doing it right now. I think the stress from my sales job doesn't help. What I'd like to do is just go dry out in the country for a few weeks, but we can't all be millionaire fuckups.
>>
File: 1491996488822.jpg (36KB, 750x547px) Image search: [Google]
1491996488822.jpg
36KB, 750x547px
>>730386774
Tbh I'm not too sure. I think it make me feel more like me for awhile, but then I can't stop. I don't really suffer from low confidence or crippling anxiety. It's self medicating for something though. I keep saying I'm going to talk to someone, but I lack the motivation. At this point is has become so routine. I am a big dude..6'3" 275, overweight but still have a lot of muscle from juicing/lifting. If it wasn't for the smell and the fact that I act much more happy most people wouldn't know I was buzzed until 10 tallboys in.

.>>730387125
Thanks for the kind words and same to you /b/ro. It's not something I'm proud of. I'm 6 tallboys in already :/
>>
>>730388022

Not for this alcoholic, anon. I held onto the feeling of if i drank again i would forget about sobriety. "Its better than drinking" was good enough for me until i stuck around aa long enough to change my way of thinking.

My mind was broken. Youre not going to think yourself into better thinking. Its a loop, a trap. I had to give up and ask for help. Its terrifying to realize the position i placed myself in.
>>
>>730387735
Ideally, yes. But I can't bring myself to do that. My body doesn't want it at that point. What my body wants is to eat food either in bed or on the floor Hasselhoff style, then roll over and pass out.
>>
>>730388380
I would cut my leg off with a full hatchet for a free pass on drinking. I love the way IPA tastes, the sound of ice cubes swirling in a old fashioned, having a can of beer at creek temperature after a hard hike.

Them the breaks, we all have our crosses to bare
>>
File: images (87).jpg (18KB, 403x365px) Image search: [Google]
images (87).jpg
18KB, 403x365px
>>730388463
Kek that's pretty good
>>
File: 1492295120078.jpg (57KB, 720x581px) Image search: [Google]
1492295120078.jpg
57KB, 720x581px
>>730385889
I'm happy for you that you were able to quit. I'm sure it wasn't and isn't easy.
>>
>>730388555
Trips chekt

And honestly man I went on an almost week long hiking trip.. flask was empty by 3 hours in.. next 3-4 days were hell.. then I started to feel ok.. not good by any means.. but ok.. but as soon as I got back, that first drop in my mouth was like the first time I ever drank before work, completely re-hooked me.. I think the only way to stop is to do AA or some kind of support group.. gotta have someone to help keep you accountable.. I realise my willpower is dogshit, when I decide to stop, I'll have to do it with a buddy
>>
>>730388689
I can empathise. Thanks
>>
>>730389011

>dubs back at ya

I know, the worst is that 99% of my friends are restaurant industry friends. When/If I can cut the booze out I basically am cutting out all my friends for the past 10 years. That combined with genuinely loving booze really fucks with the will power to actually go through with it.

Maybe I will take a stroll this week to an AA meeting and just see what it's about. Anyone can walk in, right? I don't need an invite or to give my real name, right?
>>
>>730388007
I wish I could drink before/during work because I'm an absolute nervous wreck, but everyone would know. My right eye goes wonky even when I'm just slightly buzzed.
>>
This is possibly the most emotionally honest thread I've ever seen on this board.
>>
Not yet. I've been on a month long bender
>>
>>730389434
This is correct. I am a recovering alcoholic chef myself. You will find out that most of your friends are actually drinking buddies. Kitchens are full of addicts but there are a bunch of recovering ones too. Godspeed
>>
>>730389999

>quads

Actually, I forgot it was here and I thought this was an al/ck/ thread.
>>
I only drink because I can't smoke marijuana.

Please legalize soon, I'm dying.
>>
>>730389434
You should man. You don't need an invite. I might do the same.
>>
>>730389434
Ya brother, just walk in I believe.. I've never been, but it's all about inclusion as far as I know. And ya man, when you've been drinking for years, the only friends you have left are also drunks, all of my decent friends abandoned me 12-13 years ago. It's gonna be a long lonesome road back to sobriety when I decide to do it. But hey, at least we might live long enough to make new friends if we eventually quit fucking up our livers daily
>>
File: 1476027303733.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476027303733.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>730389999
Checked

This board is humanity all in view, the good the bad, and the autistic
>>
>>730389999
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Not a lot of people joking about it. Just some people who hate what alcohol has done to them. I'm glad to have read it.
>>
>>730384409

Weed is safer and you are more productive.
>>
>>730387470
Damn dude

You better fix your shit
>>
>>730390581
Unless you get panic attacks every time you smoke like I do
>>
>>730390581
I get super anxiety from weed
>>
I'm so sick of being dirty and twitchy, the piss and blood, the seizures and shakes. Alcohol used to be my best friend. Now I hate it..
>>
just stop drinking geez
>>
File: XSYMUA.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
XSYMUA.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I was court-ordered to go to AA after my one and only DUI. I heard some of the worst stories you could possibly think of. People that hit real bottoms. Lost everything. I went to get my slip signed only to be informed that I was in the wrong meeting they met on Wednesdays. Everybody in the a meeting looked at me with disgust including the two 20-something mighty fine chicks that had just gotten their 90-day chip that night. I went home and killed a pint of Sailor Jerry and never went back again.
>>
>>730382663
Drinking schedule varies. Sometimes I'll go for weeks/months drinking every day, sometimes I'll go weeks without.

It's a little dangerous for me to be drinking, because I only have one good kidney and also have SVT. I end up in the ER around 2 to 3 times a year because of my SVT attacks, and it's usually caused by palpitations from hangovers.
>>
>>730391113
Wrong meeting how?
>>
>>730391361
Add specific meetings for people that were court ordered to go at that specific facility
>>
>>730390957
>>730390656

Cannabis is an enhancer. It enhances anything you are already thinking or feeling to a large degree.

If anxiety is what you get, I promise you that its just a sign that there is a problem in your mind or life that you are actively ignoring and cannabis just brings it to the front.

I was getting anxiety for a while but when I'd get really baked I'd start to listen to that inner voice, and thank god I did because it really, really improved my quality of life.

Thank you cannabis and thank you anxiety for giving me the kick in the ass I needed.
>>
Working at waffle house turned me into an alcoholic. I would drink a fifth of whiskey at night after work and 3-4 beers in the morning to curb with drawal enough to drive and get a pint of whiskey for the day, and enough alcohol for the night.

Rinse & repeat. I'm currently on day 4 of withdrawal, have but I know as soon as I get money or a friend comes over with alcohol, I'm gonna cave.
>>
>>730391113
Nothing like hearing about the dad's that stole from kids piggy banks to buy booze, or drained college funds. The moms that shoplift to return items for cash to buy a bottle. Or the girls suckin cock for shots at the bar.. there is almost no low I couldn't see happening after hearing some of those stories
>>
I drink a 1.75 bottle of bourbon in two nights. Was trying to wait until my parents passed away before giving up on life but I doubt I'll make it. I'm just trying to help them with things until they retire. My dad is set and only has 2 years left. I have been helping my mom out financially for the last five years since my stepfather died. My mom just got 150k from a friends life insurance. I can leave now without the guilt of leaving my mom with no money.
>>
>>730391673
>dad's that stole from kids piggy banks to buy booze

I wasn't prepared for this
>>
While I've realized I've got a problem, I decided to log my drinking for the past 3 weeks to see how bad it really is.

Though far from some other posts in the thread, I average 7 drinks a day (used to be about 4-5 I'd say), from as low as 2 to up to 11. I'm pretty sure I just drink because I'm bored and have little to do. Existential dread doesn't help much either and I want to keep my mind numb and docile.

I'm actually more concerned about my growing beer gut and all the health problems that being fat comes with. I also eat more after drinking, usually before heading to bed.

This might be another step down the slippery slope and very potentially counter productive (and probably not the best place to ask people struggling), but what could I shift to that has less calories per alcohol unit?
>>
>>730382663
I drink every other day, sometimes every day, rarely twice a day.
Most price-efficient way to get drunk is the 99Bananas brand shit here, it's always on sale. I get loaded for under $5, but it also means I can't eat before hand. 99 Xpresso, Root Beer, and Cream Soda are the least offensive ones. The fruit ones have strong after tastes and smells which will make you want to heave if you smell it at the wrong time.
>>
File: IMG_0885.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0885.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
4-5 shots of Evan Williams nightly
>>
How do you people afford to drink this much? Jesus
>>
File: IMG_0886.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0886.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Nightly
>>
>>730391912
Dude thus is rough, but there are things you can't imagine.. one guy took the cash out of every birthday card at his own kids party while everyone was outside with the piñata after gifts had been opened. Truly some shameless fuckers out there in the clutches of alcohol
>>
>>730392019
>I'm pretty sure I just drink because I'm bored and have little to do
Same. Anything I do, which is 90% computer related, it's easy enough to do while having some drinks. I've got one friend who I'll hang out with when he's not busy, but then I'm driving so I can't drink then and he'll be drinking the whole time, on my way home I'll pick something up because it looked fun.
Rest of the time, I'm just on 4chan, watching something, or on a game. Too easy to have a shot during a loading screen or something.
>>
25 bucks a week roughly
>>
*whistle*
https://youtu.be/_2_OQU_BCLk
>>
>>730392019
Weight gain should be the least of your worries, pal
>>
this thread is an unbearable circle jerk of emotional bullshit, fucking grow a pair
>>
>>730391545
No shit Sherlock. Of course there is a problem thats why I'm a recovering alcoholic. You sound like one of those stoners who think they are profound but everyone else just asks when the fries are coming
>>
>>730392523
Spoken like a true faggot
>>
I used to love when I go to work and I hear some dude talking about how he drank 10 beers at a bar last so proud of himself. I just laugh in my head like you have no idea if you quit drinking with manliness.. I am the incredible fucking Hulk. It seems like alcohol and marijuana are the only drugs people ever brag about. I've never met a junkie who told me. "man I did so much heroin last night I died"
>>
>>730392234
$22 for Evan fucking Williams? Where do you live?
>>
>>730392523
You are an expert in all things homosexual I am to assume. Go die in a fire
>>
https://youtu.be/TDKosu8y6DQ
>>
>>730392221
Liqour in the states is cheap as all hell.
>>
>>730392685
>I've never met a junkie who told me. "man I did so much heroin last night I died"
No, they just INCESSANTLY whine about their habit.

Believe me, junkies are the most obnoxious addicts on earth. Truly the bottom of the addict barrel.
>>
>>730392752
No shit. Good catch.
>>
>>730392752
Buffalo,ny Hennessy and menthol cigarettes are marked up, not bourbon
>>
File: tears.png (106KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
tears.png
106KB, 350x319px
>>730392792
>>730392628
>>
>>730392221
I don't spend that much. Roughly $10 a day on bottom shelf rum.
>>
>>730393217
It adds up. That's almost a funded Roth IRA for the year.
>>
>>730392221
When you're an alcoholic, it's not like you're really doin shit else that requires money.. my biggest outing, other than to work, is usually to the liquor store, then back home or to a drinking buddies house..
>>
>>730392989
Na dude I work with invites me all the time he always tells me it worked the girls who suck yards of nigger dick to get clean. I always think. was it all about drugs?
>>
>>730392221

Booze isnt that expensive if you need it. I've seen people empty bank accounts for playstations. Alcoholism can be done on 5 bucks a day if you are serious about it, and most people are.

I knew a dude who would only buy a pint of vodka, and when asked why he didn't buy more and be cost effective he said that if he did he would drink it all in one sitting. 5 bucks a day for a pint, 35 a week.
>>
>>730393217
You could always go for the liter of Nikolai for $7.99 kek
>>
>>730393487
If you got it, you drink it, facts
>>
>>730393475
Raise my kids. Go to work. Bought a house. Two vehicles. I drink liquor and beer every night.
>>
>>730391903
Easier said than done but don't keep that shit up. Why is it that you drink? Can you remedy that in some way?

I'm trying my best while drunk because I'd like to not think the same way. Please don't think the same way
>>
>>730393487
I have to do that myself, if it's in the house i'll convince myself to drink it. The liquor store is too far away to walk to, I'm never going to drive drunk, just gotta limit myself. I start drinking around 9 PM if I can wait that long, so by the time I'm feeling it and I've got a drink left around 11 PM, and want more, the stores are closed anyway.
>>
>>730393487
Was that dude me?

That's exactly what I do: buy a pint of Nikolai every day, dont eat too much, and wait til about 9 or 10 to start drinking. Pass out. Repeat.
>>
>>730393787
Depression, boredom, loneliness, extreme anxiety problems. I am unable to ever see it getting better.
>>
>>730393781
Absolutely, work in jail, raising a family, just need to politely suffocate my PTSD from the ARMY with some liquor. Beer makes me piss a lot and become fat. Whiskey all the way.
>>
File: 1462330102553.jpg (238KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1462330102553.jpg
238KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>730394342
Started off with just liquor but the old lady kept making me buy beer. Gradually I started drinking that too.>>730394247
>>
Bourbon + cope wintergreen + 4chan = 1 relaxing evening
>>
>>730394701
Word.
>>
>>730394611
Wow, that has to be the most juvenile, pretentious shit I've ever seen on a product -- a perfect example of why beerfags are insufferable cunts.
>>
>>730394868
Agreed.
>>
File: 1446761293851.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446761293851.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>
>>730393487
What brand and type of liquor can you get blasted on every day for 5 bucks?
>>
File: 1450891432809.jpg (64KB, 614x879px) Image search: [Google]
1450891432809.jpg
64KB, 614x879px
>>730395066
fucking moot that's not the image i posted
>>
File: IMG_0887.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0887.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>730394754
>>
>>730382663
I do, but I'm not gonna talk about it. Just got home from work and I'm gonna a slam vodka and play Vidya.

Night boys
>>
>>730395079
A pint of Nikolai want exactly get you "blasted", but it's a relatively effective selection for the modest price of $4.23
>>
>>730395079

Depends on what your make and take is. I can easily get a sixer of tall boys for 5 bucks around here. I can also buy a 750 of Four Roses for less than twenty at the Total Wine nearby so that works out to 10 a pint. If you wanted cheaper you can easily find it. Graves is 17.99 for a 750, and thats 195 proof. Just use it as a mixer and you can stretch that real far, but its literal rocket fuel
>>
File: Booze.jpg (81KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
Booze.jpg
81KB, 642x960px
>>
>>730395115
That's pretty committed to your alcoholism to kill and hollow out a baby to booze it up on the DL.
>>
>>730395079
This brand of 99 _____, they're all 99 proof. At my store, the 100mls are 2 for $3.50, and a 50ml is $1. I typically get two 100mls and one 50ml, it's under $5 with tax, but I'm a lightweight. My tolerance hasn't gone up and I've done this for over a year.
>>
>>730395115

It would make a cooler bong
>>
File: xxpresso.jpg (22KB, 204x632px) Image search: [Google]
xxpresso.jpg
22KB, 204x632px
>>730395727
forgot my image
>>
I've abused alot of shit in my life, but there's just something about being drunk during the day when everyone else is going about their lives that I find ridiculously depressing. I suppose I'm quite lucky with that, means I could never become a full-on alcoholic. Although at certain difficult/shitty times in life I did get into the habit of getting home from work late and drinking a few beers to chill every day, but again it was never really a problem.

Feel for you guys who get caught in that trap, alcohol is fucking everywhere and socially accepted, can't be easy to quit or cut down.
>>
File: 1458495285345.jpg (29KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
1458495285345.jpg
29KB, 480x621px
>>730382663
>>
When you're just drinking for yourself and no one else, that's when you know you've made it big. You can get hit by a car tomorrow, or get nipple cancer? Who cares! Life is short for those who live it to begin with. I don't want to be a 90 braggart inspiring people to live clean. 69 would be a good age to expire. Shit is boring now. Went out yesterday to take professional pictures in the park with my family because the cherry blossoms are blooming. I look around and see close to 20 groups of people doing the same thing. Is the purpose of life just to replicate and mimic shit everyone is already doing. I feel the same way when I visit NYC. Everyone is seeing and doing the same shit! Who cares ! Just do what makes you happy while you have the time. I choose my daily responsibilities, my phone and alcohol, because who cares.
>>
>>730382663
I put down about a pint of american whiskey when I get home from work and drink maybe a quarter pint when I wake up. My hours are pretty long so I don't get much time when I get home but on the weekend I put down anywhere from a fifth to a pint, Occasionally I'll drink close to a mag if I start early and have someone around to keep me from falling asleep. I drink Jim beam but I'd be drinking woodford or some good single malt scotch if my Drinking didn't make it an expensive habit.
I work as a production assistant in the film industry.
>>
>>730396598

We're you done on Wooster Square? Was it all fucking chinks and faggot art students taking the same shitty pictures of the same shitty building?
>>
File: 1490057016515.png (329KB, 625x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490057016515.png
329KB, 625x465px
>>730382663
any hard liquor. been at if for a few months... this ulcer hurts a lot but I still make it to work and whatnot.
>pic semi related
Schedule wise? I don't drink like that. I did drink daily for little bits at a time (like 1 or 2 weeks straight) then stop for a while. I'd normally drink 1 and a half pints before stopping. I never drank in slow amounts (like 1 or 2 shots an hour). I'd be done with a pint in a half hour.
>>
>>730386230
I drink specifically for the hangovers
>>
They need to put this thread up somewhere as a warning against over-doing it with alcohol. Some of the shit I'm reading here sounds like a nightmare life to me.
>>
>>730382663
You didnt knew you can die while drinking water in a hangover ?
more if it is coconut water or gatorade you need to do that after you stopped drinking.
wait about an hour or so.
>>
>>730397582
that's the fucked up part--sober a week and this shit all sounds horrible, but is making me want to drink at the same time
>>
>>730392059
that's not much
>>
>>730397582

That's how it goes. But when you take that shot of booze and you feel it warm everything on its way down and you can settle into your skin again it doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>730382663
NEET, 21, drink the moment i wake up till i go to bed.
>whiskey
>golden grain
been drinking since 13
doc says i already show symptoms of liver and pancreas trouble. don't want to die in a hospital but everything sucks sober. stomach hurts like hell as i type.
>feelsbadman
>>
>>730397739

Yeah alcohols a fucking weird one, I mean I've had holidays where I've got fucked every single day for like 6 days in a row, but man the way I feel afterwards staves me off ever being able to do that on a permanent basis.
>>
>>730394247
I feel the same way. We can do something about it though. People care about you. If there are not, find some people to care about you and people you can care about. Do some volunteer work or something. If you are like me you have all the time in the world. I'm trying to be optimistic while being wasted but I think we can both do it man.
>>
Let's see.I'm 29 years old and work as an aerospace manual machinist. Was born in Europse but live in the North East now (USA).

I mainly drink vodka everyday. Been going strong for 8 years now. I don't know exactly how much I drink every night but a 1.75L won't last me a whole week. I start to drink as soon as I get home from work and don't stop until I goto sleep. The fucked up part is that I'm super motivated to get shit done and if you ever met me, there is absolutely no way you can tell I'm a heavy heavy drinker. However, I will never admit I'm an alcoholic. This is a cool thread. If you have any questions, ask away as I'm bored and drinking.
>>
AA is free and if you try your hand at it your lif will get better it will suck hard as shit at the start and if you fall off the wagon get back up on it shit happens try to findicate good fellowship go to cool events like thare was all ways a pig rost in the summer time and camping trips I used to love AA a lot the sad thing is you are going to see tons of people die i stoped going after like 5 year after one of the coolest people I even got to konw died of heart failure he was sober 17 years it was sad
>>
>>730382663
little flirtations with abuse over the years, now the past month I've started to set a pattern. this week its just been everclear in crystal lite. pretty much as soon as I get home from work I'm on a mission to methodically get that liquid inside me. starting to drink before work again.

at this point there's no way I can claim naivete, like I don't know what door I'm knocking on. this tread puts things in perspective. hopefully a promising occupational change set for the fall will remove some long-term stress and give me a purpose to work toward.
>>
I didn't know just how bad it had gotten until I stopped drinking and started getting seizures.
>>
>>730397972
You don't understand extreme anxiety. I only go grocery shopping in the middle of the night. I have trouble stepping out of my house most days. I am driving on an expired license and have 20 days left or i have to take a driving exam again..I can't get myself to stand in a room with a group of strangers.
>>
>>730398562
are you me?
>>
>>730382663
Alkie posting
>>
>>730397929
Dude, switch to weed. I know its very much something else and at best a placeholder, but better than dying at 30.
>>
>>730398562
I can understand you anon used to drink since 7am till about 1am for everyday.
The times ive quitted ive ended in the ER cannot get outside without a sipi drink, it is fucked up but ive prayed a lot, I feel more energenic now thank God honestly somehow drink to feel normal, mornings are the worst.
>>
>>730399084
i used to smoke all day and yeah it slowed it down pretty well, i do it maybe once a day now and it stops the drinking for an hour or so but i'd rather drink then smoke.
>>
>>730398282
>there is absolutely no way you can tell I'm a heavy heavy drinker

The skin is always an indication. Alcohol dries your skin, especially on your face, and gives it a distinct texture. I can always spot a fellow drinker.
>>
>>730398282

Sikorsky?
>>
>>730398562
Man I want to help somehow. I have anxiety with social situations as well but I won't pretend they are as bad. You still go to work/school?
>>
>>730382663
0.375l of cheap whisky a night, with maybe a 0.50l of beer ( usually 7.2% kronenburg)

1L of powerade in the morning or sometime it's only 0.5L but 0.5L of monster energy.

Works fine for me. I'm 32 and i'm starting to get a bit of a gut from all this drinking, i should find a routine where i don't have to consume as much alcohol to get drunk so i don't get fat
>>
/b/ i have been drinking a tonne since ex left me. have started having bad reflux and diarrhoea with green and sometimes red stool. should i be concerned?
>>
>>730399596
Is that why I'm so itchy
>>
>>730382663
Get a real problem you weak willed zero
>>
>>730400328
dark red blood is signs of internal bleeding. bright red might be hemorrhoids or something. i'd get it checked out though
>>
>>730399596
I don't have dry skin because I'm very properly groomed and put lotion on daily. On days when I don't put on lotion, I only have dry skin on my forearms of all places. Call me a faggot, I know.
>>
>>730400999
the stool itself was red, wasnt actually bloody. idk cheers though. i think doc google says green is bile? just trying to work out if they are correlated and if ive fucked my liver considering this didnt used to happen
>>
>>730382663
I wait until my kids/wife are asleep. Every single night from 350ml vodka to a litre. Depending on how hard I fight it/willing to take the I somnia.

I am pretty functional. I wake up at 7. Get shined and do work. Good wages.
But I live in a country where I litre of vodka costs ~70 usd. So it's expensive .
Guilt is added for spending the money
>>
>>730399804
Not Sikorsky but I've filled out about 25 applications to them. They're hiring like crazy right now but it's hard to get your foot in the door without knowing somebody. FYI, this is coming from someone who has a machining background and former Military.

Are you from Connecticut?
>>
>>730382663

My wife goes through a bottle of vodka a night.

In practice, it means she passes out by about 9pm and I can do whatever the fuck I want.

If she wakes up with a cumshot on her face she just looks at it as what happens when I have to put up with her drinking.

Ultimately it means a good sex life but a pretty shit social life. I'm getting frustrated that I can never plan a night out.
>>
>>730401314
Sure you can, just go without her
>>
>>730384219
Nikolai fag checking in.. lets be honest for cheap shit it isnt half bad.. way better than Takka and only 8.99 for a handle where i go
>>
>>730402089
Takka vodka is better, IMO.
>>
>>730399412
Im the excat opposite, i havent really touched alcohol in while, but my smoking gets out of hand for it, so its not really better. Trying to switch to vaping so my lungs get a rest atleast.

Hang in there, i dont really know what else there is tbh
>>
>>730382663
7 or 8 beers a day
take 2 weeks off every year just to see how it goes
no shakes, so I guess, no prob
>>
>>730386230
the hangovers turn into a fog for the first half of the day which can actually be comforting
>>
>>730402371
Yeah but then it turns into that knife sharp anxiety and elevated heart rate
>>
>>730387162
would love to get past that.. I really hate traveling and finding out your in a dry county.. that panic
>>
Six months clean, had a year before that but relapsed hard, went on a suicidal bender and wound up in psych ward, same thing before that, clean from 2014 to 2015 then relapse and psych ward

I have a lot of problems underlying the alcoholism, anxiety and depression and probably some sort of personality disorder, hence the difficulty in getting clean for longer than a year for me
>>
>>730384922
I did this. Honestly the weed was more manageable than the booze but then you can't piss clean for work and it can be kinda expensive. But I was at about 1/2oz a week once I got settled so around $150-$175 and that's reasonable if you make decent money.

But it was still an addiction and was difficult, if not impossible, to do anything without it. Took about 3-4 months of anxiety and insomnia and cravings once I quit that until I got back to normal.

Then I started on opiates. I do not reccommend.
>>
>>730387569
same here and i hadn't drank since the night before... blew a .02 .. even that was enough to end my career because of no tolerance policies
>>
>>730398544
What are those like? I have yet to get one during wd
>>
>>730402811
Do you work on the rail road?
>>
>>730402811
What do you do where they breathalyzer you? I'm a pipefitter. I just can't smoke weed.
>>
Hey thread, raging alcoholic here, thought I'd share my schedule.

On the weekday I wake up at 6:00AM, have my first shot of whiskey at 6:15AM, and have two more shots of whiskey before going into work. I don't drink at my new job, but I drank at my old one. I get home at around 6:00PM and take a shot of whiskey every 45 minutes until I pass out.

On the weekends I wake up at around 7AM and take a shot of whiskey every hour. Usually end up passing out in the middle of the day then waking up and going back to drinking every hour until around midnight.

Believe it or not this is actually an improvement, I worked at a liquor store before and would start drinking at 8AM and just wouldn't stop until around 2AM including the days I was working.
>>
>>730403048
shit your pants, dive in and swim
>>
>>730403103
Are you drunk? No way. Me too. Not a plumber though.
>>
Me and the old lady split a 12 pack of 16 oz every night. As of late we've moved to 15 of 16oz and that manages to suit us for now. Are we alcoholics?
>>
>>730403068
What happens if you stop drinking?
>>
I'm an alcoholic.

Usually drink about 10-13 beers a night. Last night I drank 11 beers, a shot of vodka and a cider. Usually just end up being too tired to drink any more and passing out.

My digestive system is totally fucked from it. I can't shit properly and it hurts when I piss. I eat like shit too which doesn't help.
>>
>>730403313
Do you go to meetings? No? Then you're just drunks. Welcome to the club. Keep your lady away from AA she will get sponsored right in the pussy
>>
>>730397660
>You didnt knew you can die while drinking water in a hangover ?

wat
>>
>>730403068
how were the discounts ? i work on a wine bottling line its damn near impossible to not pinch a few bottles.. sometimes really expensive shit but mostly trash goon that rich white cucks that think they're experts on making wine... i mostly drink beer but had an expensive holiday so im drinking shitloads of wine... its honestly a blur i have no recollection of the past 8 years except for major happenings in my world... nothing feels right, idk how but my guts are telling me "incorrect" or just general bad vibes

got a bit rambly sorry guys my brain is most certainly not as sharp as it used to be.

feel soggy, fairly constant thoughts of suicide
>>
>>730383544
You'd be surprised.
>>
>>730403313
Only way to be sure is go sober and see what if any withdrawals you get. But thats a lot more than the average person puts back.
>>
>>730403448
Hallucinations, shaking, I already have hyperhydrosis and if I stop I sweat an OBSCENE amount from my armpits, the sweat stain goes all the way down my side. I usually taper off except the one time I was given pills to help.
>>
>>730394868
I live in Austin and just got back from a few weeks in Portland. Can't speak much for craft beer in Austin - I'm sure it's all labeled like that judging the character of the kids who're into it - but as for every other product, I have to say how shocked I was in Portland that everything they sell from weed to coffee to shampoo in that town has all sorts of pretentious bullshit written all over it.

Some people on the west coast might not realize how arrogant all their products are until they go somewhere that isn't like that.
>>
File: 1488745689051.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1488745689051.png
34KB, 633x758px
day 3 no alcohol, years of 2 40s a night
>>
>>730402951
>>730403048
I simply worked at an airport, what pissed me is piolets can fly up to a .04 i was half that.. never eben got on a plane and i was canned fml
>>
>>730382663
I don't drink often but when I do it always feels like I can't get enough

Surprisingly though I've never thrown up from too much alcohol
>>
>>730403555
Discounts were awesome, they used to be over 50%. Now they got worse, but I still use the five finger discount. Use to drink a sleeve of nips per shift that I stole until the owner said to cut that shit out. Didn't even get fired.
>>
>>730403848
edward 40hands ?

seriously tho 2 40s is pussy effort
>>
File: b7b.png (564KB, 736x554px) Image search: [Google]
b7b.png
564KB, 736x554px
>>730403848
You sound like you need a smooth cold one.
>>
>>730403749
Yeah i taper too. The sweats are so goddamn annoying.
>>
>>730403877
Hahhaha pilots cannot fly at .04 wtf are you talking about
>>
>>730403848
Edward 40 hands fuck yet dude used to play that all the time. Until I stabbed Anthony Michael Hall in the chest with a broken bottle.
>>
>>730403848
Keep going man, your liver and productivity will thank you.

If you get the urge to drink, try kratom. For most people, it has very few side effects and it has an effect that doesn't interfere with your life. It's a way to feel something without wrecking your life in the process.
>>
>>730403313
You're alcoholics if you can't stop. I suspect you probably are if you're drinking that much every single night.
>>
I drink at least 1L of water a day with additional aqua in the foods i eat to stay well hydrated
>>
>>730404004
Monday mornings are awful for that reason, I have to wear shirts that hide the sweat stains but usually it's still too powerful.
>>
funny part is I switched to Vodka from a few beers to cut carbs... become alcoholic
>>
>>730404088
>>730403954
Its not edward 40 hands drinking by yourself tho
>>
Question here: has anybody ever tried CBD oil? Charlotte's Web supposedly helps with Parkinson's would that be a way to curb alcohol addiction?
>>
>>730382663
I switched to weed.. edibles actually, feelsgood. 8-12 hours of being high as fuk for like $3
>>
>>730404311
edward 40hands is very possible flying solo idiot
>>
>>730404372
Actually getting high might help not cbd oil tho
>>
>>730401931

No I seriously can't. Her likelihood of doing something like "turning on the gas hot plate and passing out" is just way too high.

I legit can't leave her alone when she's drunk.
>>
>>730404311
Uhhh? Edward 40 hands live by himself in Vincent Price's house for a long time. Damn shame he missed out on having hands. That means he couldn't jerk off. So he would just fuck the old man's corpse. I mean, there's no way he could have buried him.
>>
>>730404475
>College party game
>drinking 1at a time
>Alone
Yeah thats edward 40 hands
>>
>>730403848
> be me, in college at a party
> guy is playing eduard forty hands there
> he finishes, remains pretty mellow for while, people not paying him a whole lot of attention
> Hear loud bang outside - assuming it was fireworks or something but it was pretty loud
> Nobody saw him go outside but nobody missed dude that was playing edward 40 hands coming back inside because he was wooohooing at the top of his lungs when he opened the door
> see him also holding a shotgun, still smoking
> everybody but him agree it's time to leave
> see 6 cop cars zoom past into the apartment complex parking lot as we're exiting
> hear later there was an apparent swat team standoff for a couple of hours because he would'nt respond or open the door
> when swat team finally busts in, he's on the floor passed the fuck out
> yeah - edward forty hands, don't play that game.
>>
>>730404717
yup. what was the wizzard one with all the cans taped like a staff?
>>
I was having trouble drinking too much, not a flat out alcoholic, but I was drinking every day. Started vaping weed, four or five evenings a week. Now I only drink once or twice a week. I just don't really crave it that much anymore.
>>
File: Ogre1.jpg (21KB, 300x320px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre1.jpg
21KB, 300x320px
>>730404816
Now, I am a seasoned alcoholic. I bet I would fuck that game up. In a good way and it's much cheaper than when I drink now.
>>
>>730404302
Vodka is the end of the road

Well, all liquors really. Beer and wine is at least somewhat manageable
>>
>>730382663
>ferral niggers

kekd
>>
Anyone that kicked the bucket that can give us a tip? I've tried so hard to stop but it just doesn't work.
>>
>>730404816
Oh come on, it's not that much alcohol. Most 40s are 6%. You get loaded quickly doing shots, not feeling it, then they all hit you at once.
>>
>>730405319
I don't think that's the right metaphor brah
>>
>>730404816
kek
>>
>>730405501
Nah I'm pretty sure that life will get suicidal boring after I give up vodka
>>
twitchdot tv thypnotics
>>
>>730405327
I dunno... not an alchy like a lot in this thread, still a light weight in fact. If I chugged a couple normal sized beers, I'd be pretty fucked for at least 20 or 30 min. Can't imagine what chugging two 40s would do to me.
>>
>>730405319
>>
>>730405777
This anon is the luckiest alcoholic alive.
>>
>>730405794
Pretty much my view about stopping drinking
>>
>>730405949
What's your favorite Drinking Song? I enjoyed Gotta Get Drunk by Willie Nelson. Or Blame It on the alcohol by Willie Nelson
>>
>>730405319
When you "kick the bucket", you wear whatever you had on for eternity, so always dress how you feel comfortable. Don't be like me and die wearing a too tight t-shirt
>>
>>730382663
well i was gonna respond until i saw how many posts this thread has. damn there must be a lot of drunks on /b/ tonight. i'd just blend in
>>
>>730405319
Have you tried quitting while under medical supervision? There's drugs that will help you survive the withdrawal period at least. After that it's willpower.
>>
File: Complete_Manual_of_Suicide.jpg (45KB, 390x577px) Image search: [Google]
Complete_Manual_of_Suicide.jpg
45KB, 390x577px
>Drink because I'm unhappy
>Unhappy because I drink

I can manage to go through Sunday-Wednesday without drinking. Thursday nights sometimes my alcoholic convinces me to go get beer which sometimes hinders my ability to go to class Friday morning.

The weekends are always a blowout. Friday? 12 pack or more. Saturday is the same. Sunday is recovery day. I have a week off right now and I've been drinking every single fucking day since my last exam.

The first night, I hung out with another alkie friend and got laid. We drink wine together and have sloppy drunk sex. I've yet to experience whiskey dick with her, but I've had it before.

The other days are spent basically like this:
>Wake up
>Youtube/Lurking
>Try to drink water or eat something
>If no food, order disgusting grease delivery food
>Eat that
>Feel like shit
>Drink more water
>Sit in bed all day watching Youtube and masturbating to traps
>Later on in night
>Realize beer store is closing soon
>Get up and drive to beer store
>Probably smell horrible
>tfw no shower in 3 days
>Get a 12-pack of beer and a tall can
>Go home
>Drink most if not all of that while I play vidja
>Black out
>Pass out
>Wake up and repeat

Looking for pic related with an English translation if anyone knows.
>>
>>730406057
Ring of fire by Cash. Live that song.

But only play it by headphones if I am drinking more than average
>>
>>730406057
god tier drunk music...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I915tOiR9sM
>>
>>730406057
I like those songs. I also like Willie's "Watching the bubbles in my beer"
>>
>>730383544
Functional alcoholism
>>
>>730406507
hahahahahaha. The best part is the electronic instruments.
>>
>>730406302
I went 2 nights this week without and tolerated it by taking Tramadol
>>
>>730406057
Too Drunk To Dream by The Magnetic Fields. It's perfect.
>>
>>730382663

I just started tapering off. I was drinking a handle of rum per night for almost a year now but I feel like my guts are rotting out. So I went to AA last night and that shit is for the birds. I think I'll stick to wine and taper off. I'd like to get to where I have discipline enough to only drink on weekends.
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.