[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis, Lucid nightmares, False awakenings. /b/ tell

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: sleep.jpg (15KB, 322x260px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.jpg
15KB, 322x260px
Sleep paralysis, Lucid nightmares,
False awakenings.

/b/ tell us your worse experience
>>
>>730326693
My wife has a problem with this. Every month or so I wake up to her screaming. She tells me that while she is screaming - in her dream she already woke up but can't move. Shit is fucked up.
On the second note, do any of you know how horrifying it is - to wake up to someone screaming bloody murder right next to you?
>>
>>730326693
i have bad auditory hypnagogia pretty often.
its like i'm in a really crowded room and everyone is talking at once. the fan i have running for my tinnitis doesnt do anything when the sound is in your head.
>>
I had sleep paralysis plenty of times. I try to scream but my mouth won't open at all. The worst was when my face was lying on my pillow and it occurred. I thought I was gonna fucking suffocate. That succubus is really rough
>>
>>730326984
i always get this. Even though im aware im in the dream, i can't force myself to wake up
>>
File: 4L_BVhHXpNK.jpg (33KB, 540x287px) Image search: [Google]
4L_BVhHXpNK.jpg
33KB, 540x287px
>>730326984
At my Beach House around 10 or so years ago my sister woke me up(in the same room) screaming because she saw a black figure standing in the doorway while she was paralyzed. Apparently he lunged at her and she physically felt a jolt. For some reason that fucked up my 12 year old mind and I couldn't sleep comfortably for around a month.
>>
>>730327255
i hate getting it while im laying on my side. sometimes i would feel someone lay beside me then grab me from behind, and whisper some dark shit in my ear
>>
Only had this happen to me when I took a Xanax before bed. "Woke up" in the morning and couldn't move my body at all. I was laying in my bed and I could hear the shower running where my gf was in the bathroom. In my doorway there was this shadowy looking figure just standing there that had no face. I couldn't move or scream or completely wakeup. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.
>>
>>730326693

I get them about once a month. I can normally tell I'm having a nightmare, but find it really difficult to wake up- can't move arms or roll over or anything. I think that's why ppl say it feels like someone is holding you down.
The worst ones are where you think you have successfully woken yourself up, but then shit keeps happening. Some times this happens 4-5 times in the same nightmare. It's like you have to wake up through several layers of sleep or something.
The worst time was, I was dreaming God was fucking with me, it was one of those times I swore I was awake, but every time I'd try turn my lamp on he would move it further away, and every time I tried to sit up or roll out of bed I couldn't move.
Good times.
>>
>>730326693
I think i have this..but i seem to only get it if i take multiple naps in one day or something. Like sleep for 4 hours, wake up for an hour, go back to sleep, then i'll get it. And i usually don't see any mosnters or anything but it's like i'm frozen but i can see my entire room and i get this terrible goosebump feeling and i have to force myself to wake up. Shit sucks but at least i know how to prevent it.
>>
>>730327368
Wow...I saw this exact same thing. Shadowy figure standing in my doorway. Same thing has happened to a buddy of mine too. I wonder if it is just a psychological thing or something more sinister?
>>
>>730327353
I wonder what would happen if there was no one to wake a person up.
Damn, lately I been waking up from hearing her to inhale deeply before screaming. That slightly suffocated inhale...
I usually try to wake her up instantly. >>730327368
Funny story, I scared my older brother shitless when we was of approximately that age. He went to the bathroom in the night and I started screaming at his silhouette in the door. I even threw something at him. Fun times.
>>
>>730327368
pshh, nothin' personal kid.
>>
>>730327368
Once i woke up to an old lady sitting at the end of my bed. it wasn't my first experience so at this point ive kind of learned to deal with it. the old lady initially started approaching me slowly then all of a sudden appeared right in front of my face. i knew it was all in my head and that my fear and anxiety made the hallucinations more vivid so in reaction i just shut my eyes to get the image out of my head, but while my eyes were closed i felt the old lady physically grab me by the shirt with 2 hands and shook me until i snapped out of it.
>>
>>730327960
That sounds terrifying
>>
>>730327741
DUDE. i hate that shit, when you keep waking up in another nightmare. it really is some inception type shit where even when you do wake up you question whether youre actually awake
>>
i sleep a lot and i dont have any issues.

the only unusual things that happens is that i can wake up, eat, piss, do whatever and then when i go to sleep again i keep having the dream i had before i woke up
>>
I think I probably had sleep paralysis once.

My grandfather was in the hospital in another city. He was living alone and I was sleeping in his otherwise empty house because I'd driven up to visit him. I awoke at one point to the sound of other people moving throughout the house, or at least I thought I was awake. Despite being certain that there were several people in the house, and despite being quite alarmed at that fact, it was like I was too tired to move. The "heavy" feeling that you have when you're too tired to get out of bed was so intense that my fear could not overcome it, beyond all reason.

Eventually I woke up and discovered that there was no evidence whatsoever that anyone had been in the house.

Is that sleep paralysis or just a bad dream?
>>
>>730326693

There's a pretty good horror movie about this, called Shadow People. I just googled it, it only has 11% on IMDB, but by memory it had some real good scares, and tbh, I don't think I experienced sleep paralysis until after I'd seen it..
>>
>>730328181
Yesss
>>
>>730327826
That's some /x/ shit
>>
>>730326693
it has only happened to me twice. The first time the dream starts with me watching a 10 year old child play the piano. I remember it sounding dissonant, and their fingers were bleeding from practicing too much. Next the two of us are going to bed, we sleep in the same room, our beds next to each other. in the middle of the night the child gets out of the bed, half awake, and start stumbling off to the piano. For some reason now they are like 5 years old. I am worried about the child and i go and lead them back to our room. I have him sleep next to me in my bed so i can hold him. Now he is just a baby. I think to myself that I wish i could give them some of my energy. The baby looks up at me with with pure black demon eyes. Its skin was blue and in a that demonic voice they use in movies like multiple people talking at once, it says, "You smell nice." it grabs my shirt and I start freaking out that its gonna absorb my life energy or something. At this point my eyes are open and I can see my room, but I also see the demon baby. I can't move. I manage to barely stammer out, "N-no." Hearing myself say this aloud jolted me awake and I sat up in my bed very perturbed. it was quite an experience.
>>
>>730328357
I'm gonna watch it tonight. Never had sleep paralysis in my life. If it fucks me over it's your fault
>>
Has happened to me my entire life. I recognize it almost every time now and I stay calm so nothing happens. I remember the earliest occurrences though, when I was less than five years old, I saw black dog, cat, or hyena things.
>>
Woke up once without able to move and hearing stuff from outside of my window. Shit's scary as fuck. Literally panic while unable to breath and move.

I eventually fainted for some reason, either from fear or from unable to breath with my heart running like crazy.
>>
>>730328357
i believe the idea of freddie Kruger and the nightmare on elm street was was derived from the "hat man". A dark figure in a hat that a lot of people that experience sleep paralysis see. i've seen many dark shadowy figures but never a man in a hat
>>
>>730326693
Any god tier movies with this sorta theme?
>>
>>730328503
Haha. It's one of those movies I ended up looking up afterwards and reading as much as I could about it. Some interesting shit that's for sure.
>>
>>730326693
I thankfully never have had this shit happen to me.

I'm trying to become a more lucid dreamer though and I read that this often causes you to have more sleep paralysis...

Also I find it quite interesting how most people see a shadowy figure.
>>
>>730328689
theres a documentary on netflix called the nightmare where they try to push some stupid superstition agenda on it, still interesting hearing the peoples experiences
>>
>>730328771
Yep- I was trying for lucid dreaming too when I started getting sleep paralysis. Maybe a *warning* to others lol
>>
>>730328771
if you don't have control over your dreams it will turn into a lucid nightmare and the lucid nightmares always end with you waking up in sleep paralysis. its great
>>
>>730328771
I can lucid dream sometimes and I never had sleep paralysis before I learned how. Didn't know the two were related...might have fucked myself over on that
>>
i havnt had a nightmare in about a year
but when i do its is always zombies always fucking zombies
im 26 for fucks sake
>>
>>730326693
I hardly dream anymore because of my horrible sleep schedule.
>>730326984
My mom has a similar thing. She sleep talks and sometimes it'll go to shouting then screaming(usually I only hear the screaming). It's weird as fuck laying in my bed trying to fall asleep then suddenly hear her screaming.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
I had sleep paralysis three times.

First time I was sleeping on my side. I woke up unable to move. I looked at my wall and i saw shadowy figures moving in a line like they were going somewhere.It looked sort of like they were drawn onto it. Then suddenly a woman wearing a red dress with very pale skin, long black hair. and no with the eyes or mouth, just black sockets, sort of slowly comes torward me from the wall. I try to scream but can't. All i remember

The second time i had moved into a new house. I woke unable to move lying on my back. I realize I'm having a sleep paralysis episode so i start panicking and breathing very quickly. When suddenly in the darkness of my room i see these grinning faces with big yellow redish veiny eyes and yellow teeth begin appearing and disappearing.Sort of like pic related but only eyes and mouth and the eyes were similar in color to the teeth. Terrified i try to scream but cant, instead a of muffled groan.
>>
I had a very weird experience. I was experiencing the best week of my life in one dream. I was only asleep for 8 hours, but it was so weird to wake up and realize it was all fake.
>>
>>730327011
I get that too, right as I'm falling asleep. I'll hear similar to weird whispers but I never make out any actual words and I just fall asleep at that point.
>>
>>730329426
Do you know where that photo came from? I've seen it a lot.
>>
ive seen the hat man. once i woke up in sleep paralysis, struggling with the energy i had left i tried calling out for my mom. then i heard her voice just outside my door which i left open. relieved that she'd heard me i calmed down only to see who i was actually communicating with. a dark figure in a top hat, speaking to me in my mothers voice and even had her mannerisms when it entered the room. He sits next to me on my bed still speaking in my mothers voice. at this point im so fucking shocked everything feels real, he notices that im no longer replying then he starts laughing in the most demonic voice you could imagine. i literally almost had a heart attack. then i fucking woke up in my room
>>
third time i had the bathroom lights on. I woke and again realized i was going through sleep paralysis again. Then i saw this really tall shadow being cast from the light onto the wall beside me. I close my eyes out of fear of seeing more but when i do i can still see everything. I close them tighter and finally manage to not see anything. I remember reading in a forum that wiggling your toes and fingers can help you get out of sleep paralysis. So i do. It gets me out, and just crawl into the fetal position still terrified and go back to sleep.

>>730329656
its jeff the killer i think
>>
File: 34264345w342.jpg (46KB, 492x361px) Image search: [Google]
34264345w342.jpg
46KB, 492x361px
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
i cannot get sleep paralysis or become lucid in my dreams.

awhile ago i went on a trip across the country to visit family.
i was very homesick the whole trip and one night i was sleeping in my hotel room and i had a dream that i woke up in my bed at home.
in my dream i remember thinking to myself, "wait how did i get home? i dont remember flying home or anything." and right as i realised i was in a dream i was met with this invisible overwhelming force that brought me to my knees and made me lose my vision and control of my body and i basically died. then i think my dream just shifted to something else. but i remembered my dream in the morning somehow.

i roll around in my bed a lot when i sleep and it is very hard for me to stay still for a long time in my bed to try to induce sleep paralysis. what is wrong with me????
>>
first couple of times were scary but i learned how to fly and then there was fireworks all over.
>>
When I was younger I used to hear 2 male voices all the time, I could easily hear them, but they were muffled so I could never hear what they were saying, I grew out of that though and now ive been trying for lucid dreaming. Ive experienced sleep paralysis once, pretty recently too, only after I read some tips on if it happens.

>taking nap during exam season
>start falling asleep, realise I'm falling asleep
>can feel my limbs grow heavier and numb, but the rest of my body feels lighter, thoughts dulling
>have an amazing dream, forget what of
>wake up and realise I can't move my arms
>immediately understand its sleep paralysis, whole body feels like its on fire
>can't move anything, but stay calm
>start intensely thinking about sex and pain turns into a tingling
>I can wiggle my fingers a tiny bit
>close eyes and hold breath to break out
>hear intense buzzing like a massive fly is buzzing around my head
>snap my head into my pillow and break out of sleep paralysis

It was pretty weird, but easy ways to break out of sleep paralysis are to have a trick, like inception kind of. Apparently numbers dont work the same in dreams, so adding numbers is a good way to remind yourself youre awake, and you're supposed to do this throughout the day. Also holding your breath and closing your eyes can get you out of sleep paralysis pretty quick
>>
Dunno how related it is but a friend of mine, Georgia, used to suffer from it. Link is her year 12 art project.
>>
>>730330441
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmIstpbVX0w
Derp
>>
was living in a share house, sleeping arrangement was just a mattress on the floor, i once dreamed that i'd rolled off the bed and woke up kneeling next to my sleeping body. and i had a hardon. so i went down on myself, and i could feel it from both ends.

fucking weird as. sad part is i've never been able to do it again.
>>
File: madness_mice.gif (792KB, 499x371px) Image search: [Google]
madness_mice.gif
792KB, 499x371px
>>730328493
>>
>>730329994
>it is very hard for me to stay still for a long time in my bed to try to induce sleep paralysis. what is wrong with me

Nothing. Sleep paralysis is when something is wrong with you. Also I don't think you really want to experience it...
>>
>>730326693
I don't suffer this anymore. It still happens, but I've learn to accept what's happening because I know it's JUST sleep paralysis. I let the shock fade and begin to relax and breathe rhythmically manual breaths. I DON'T try to move. It just causes stress.

>That being said
>wake up but still dreaming
>it's sitting on my chest; laughing
>I can't see it, but I can hear it.
>I feel it's talons digging into my chest
>It's constricting my breathing
>I can't move
I wake up 15sec, I think, into the episode. Can't move. Clear my mind; open my eyes. Begin the routine; breathing rhythmically.
Dozed off. Woke up 10mins or so later, I think. Sit up and readjust. Go back to sleep.
>>
>>730330855
it's not that bad. when you fall asleep your body begins to slow down; breathing and heartbeat decrease, body temperature drops slightly. sometimes this happens before your brain is fully asleep and you panic. it's no big deal. you aren't being possessed by demons (no matter what /x/ says). it's just LIFE, Stimpy! meaningless, stupid and cruel!
>>
>>730327368
i had something similar
>fall asleep in my room after being awake for 36 hours
>wake up in other room facing closet
>don't know how i got here
> i can feel something starring at me in the doorway can't move intense paranoia
>wake up back where i was
week or so later
>fall asleep in my room facing doorway
>wake up somethings in door way
>looks like a dementor but with a full body and all black top of head is pure white then bubbles and fades to black half way down face
>jump off bed and rushed it
>got sucked into its head with a vortex
>wake up for real
havent experienced it since been about a year
>>
File: 1490326817251.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1490326817251.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>730326693
I'm 33yo and I am tired of dreaming. Every single time I sleep, even if I just take a 1 or 2 hour nap I will deeply dream, and I won't wake up feeling rested since my dreams feels real and what happens in them is usually draining. That city resemble of the city I was born in, but looks different, more cramped and even dystopian in most sector of the city. There's a downtown with a lot of people and pilled up low quality buildings, up north there's a residential sector with spaced out tall residential towers, I usually wake up in my dream inside of one of those buildings and depending on the dream I will own a one of the 4 or 5 same crap apartment I always dream of in one of those building. To the east there's a highway and a bridge and one of the lane brings directly into the river, I will often dream of driving straight into the water there. There's a subway system bellow the city made of big concrete blocks and it's very dark inside. The subway brings me to different parts of where I lived when I was a kid. There's a country road that brings to my mom's house and every time I take that road either by car, bicycle or walking I will get to my mom's house that looks different from real life but always the same difference are there. There's a road that brings to a far city where one of my ex resides and I will sometimes drive there and feel lost there like I lost my way but I went there so often in dream that I remember some streets and buildings.

In my dreams I wake up in one of the apartment and feel like it is mine, I remember all the rooms since they don't change, I walk or drive around going to places trying to go idk where, nothing changes it's all the same from dream to dream. I'm alone in them.

All my dreams happens in that city and it's surroundings I explained, every single nights, and I'm tired of dreaming. I wish I could dream of something else or just stop dreaming.
>>
File: 1484635815619.jpg (245KB, 664x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484635815619.jpg
245KB, 664x800px
I've never had this. How do I keep never having this?
>>
>>730331751
that's really strange
I've heard of episodic dreaming and have experienced it quite a bit myself, but never to that extend.
Have you ever spoken with a psychiatrist about your dreams?
>>
>>730327255
Holy fuck, I've been smothered by my pillow on multiple occasions because of sleep paralysis. The first time was the worst because I had absolutely no clue as to why I couldn't move, I honestly thought I somehow broke my spine in my sleep.

I was lying face flat on a pillow while my brother was watching star trek on tv. I tried to get his attention but all I could do was rapidly breath out of my nose. I was stuck like that for about 7 minutes but it felt like an hour.
>>
>>730332340
No I only explained this to a friend who just listened and now I wrote it quickly here. I do wonder sometimes what a psychiatrist would say.
>>
>>730326693
Had one of those classic episodes where it appears shadows and figures are moving in my room. I'm a pretty rational person but that shook me up for a few days. It's easy to dismiss supernatural stuff until it happens to you, though I am not claiming it to be supernatural.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.