[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like being in the Army/Military? Regular 9/5?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 5

File: BF3rskvn.png (55KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
BF3rskvn.png
55KB, 472x472px
What's it like being in the Army/Military? Regular 9/5? Serious anon replies. Thinking of doing two years.
>>
First off, you're gonna need to do at least 4. And no, it's not a 9/5. More like 0630 to whenever the fuck your company wants to release you for the day
>>
I don't know yet, but I am leaving in less than a month to the Navy.
>>
>>730269061
Bump for interest. I'm scheduled for MEPS tomorrow and tuesday. Aiming for military police.
>>
That two year program is a scam. Seriously. Go four or don't go at all.
>>
>>730269883
>I don't know yet, but I am leaving in less than a month to the Navy.
Same, you going to chicago for boot?
>>
>>730270103
How is it a scam?
>>
>>730270103
This.
>>
8 years in so far...It's fucking horrid, easy money though
>>
>>730270248

Everyone goes to Great Lakes for boot. The FL and CA boot camps don't exist anymore.
>>
>>730269559
Army has 2 year contracts now.
>>
>>730270497
How is it horrid but "easy" money?
Real question.
>>
>>730269883
Me too! Great lakes, Illinois for basic.
>>
>>730270546
Really? Shit I'm in fl. That would've been convenient. That must be a busy camp.
>>
Op, is your name Alex?
>>
>>730270439

You don't get full benefits unless you do 3 years active. You have no choice to re-up after your two years because of your program. You're out and that's it. They do this because it's cheaper to get new recruits in than it is to keep people in. So they're going to flat out fuck you.
>>
>>730270655
You won't get randomly fired because a department was downsizing. It's easy asf to get in.
>>
>>730270795
It's a win win for most. Some people just want the military experience on a resume and the military just needs some new people all the time. People get out of it what they want.
>>
>>730269061
Armyfag, what MOS were you thinking of enlisting in
>>
>>730270872
Where's the "horrid" part?
>>
>>730270682
i leave in five months
>>
Asking as someone who knows nothing but wants to join. Why such a long time before going to basic? Can't you just jump on a bus?
>>
>>730270916
Now if you do 2 year contract, find an MOS with an enlistment bonus. Sign a year extension for 10k. 3 years active, 20k-50k in bonuses, full benefits.
>>
<-- oldfag here thinking of joining the army. but i am a bit out of shape. i guess you could call me fatfag. how necessary is it for me to drop the LBs prior to joining, or is it true they have a "fat camp" to help me out prior to boot camp?
>>
>>730271035
I'm not getting placed in DEP because of the PACT program that I'm enlisting in. I'll be able to basically go to bootcamp "tomorrow" after swearing in.
>>
>>730270593
huh that's new
>>
Whats it worth doing college ROTC than joining as an officer for 4-8 years? Is it worth going through the army with an Engineering degree for the possible scholarship/backpay, or would it be more lucrative to just get a good job right out of college?
>>
>>730271220
There is a maximum body fat percentage to join that is higher than the allowable one to stay in. Drop the weight now to make life easier.
>>
>>730271146
It takes at least a month if you want your choice of rate or mos
>>
>>730270655
Because you don't really have to work hard on a daily basis for your check. It's horrid because it sucks the life out of you.
>>
>>730269061
>Thinking of doing two years.

Never join the military. You surrender all rights. You are meat. There is no way out. I hope you like to suck dick, because that's the hallmark of the military. Part of your basic training.

You would have to be insane to join the military.
>>
>>730271240
Lucky DEP meeting are so boring and pointless
>>
>>730270795
So there's no possible to re up at all? That's fucking crazy however I don't think I'd make it a career. I just want life experience and be able to get a job anywhere.
>>
>>730271371
Lol they expect you to work harder once there so you drop the weight to stay. Yet a friend of mine said it's easy to gain weight in basic and harder to lose it unless you go out of your way to exercise. Which is basically how life is as a civilian. Some fat people just need the motivation though. It's easy to slack in real life. Harder when you only have exercise for entertainment in basic
>>
>>730271220
>>730271220
you don't want to show up out of shape or fat. trust me, get in shape and lose the pounds before you even go to a recruiter. recruiter can help you with PT if you get a good one, some will just blow you off because you'll actually make them work
>>
>>730270992
Probably parachute rigger or a 12 series like 12N
>>
>>730271398
I'm not sure about Army, but Navy has the Airman PACT, Surface PACT and Engineer PACT which is basically you going in undesignated (without a rate or job). You basically bounce around from job to job to see them first hand though and then you get to strike on one you want. Only downside is it could take up to 2 years to get a job, but if you're indecisive it's the way to go. They get you into bootcamp asap.
>>
File: 1487629874699.jpg (14KB, 257x253px) Image search: [Google]
1487629874699.jpg
14KB, 257x253px
>>730271544
that's cute
>>
>>730270762
No lol
>>
<-- oldfag here again. How difficult is it to actually be recruited into the army? Is the army really picky nowadays or do you just need a pulse?
>>
>>730270593
Sounds fucking retarded

Half that is just spent training your sorry ass
>>
>>730271976
Army is pretty picky actually. They have the most headcount out of all branches so they can afford to be. I've seen someone get turned down because they had 1 bad thing on their credit.
>>
>>730271240
You're aware with PACT you'll have no job and the Navy's bitch for two years till you cross rate right?
>>
>>730269061
Uk infantry here. Fucking boring.
>>
>>730271544
There are ways out like
>Failing the physical test twice in a row
>>
>>730272190
what regiment?
>>
>>730272078
Dumb question, are you talking about a credit score? or something weird like a discrepency in your overall background?
>>
>>730272190
How so? Would entering as an officer be any better?
>>
>>730272092
Pretty sure that's what I said. You'll be doing the oddjobs here and there until you strike a rate but that's a small price to pay considering picking a job at MEPS and not knowing wtf you'll be stuck with for 4 years or more, just because you thought the job "sounded" cool when picking it, then ending up hating it.
>>
>>730272397
A discrepancy such as defaulting on a payment and it going to collections hence showing on your background.
>>
>>730269061
Every contract is an 8 year one, don't forget that. Whatever time out of active duty is in the reserves. Look up your shit, son,
>>
>>730272384
Royal Anglian. You in the forces?
>>
Was gung-ho for joining the Marines for a while now. Recently found out I'm DQ because I took some light anti-anxiety a few years ago and have a history of anxiety attacks/depression from the same time.

Should have known but I'm still down as fuck about it. I feel like that's going to fuck with me my whole life.
>>
<-- oldfag one more time. Most rewarding aspect of joining the army. Shittiest aspect of joining the army?
>>
>>730272456
Not an officer, so couldnt really answer. Maybe yes? Basically unless you're somewhere interesting on tour, or doing something interesting, it's a lot of hanging around on bases.. it's just tedious is all.

Having said that depending on where you go and what you do maybe much more fun, and for 2 years either way could be worth it for the experience. Just make sure you have some idea of what you want to do afterwards, and work towards that.
>>
>>730273142
Cheers appreciate it
>>
Army fag FDC here. Don't join bro. You're going to lose your humanity. Shit is terrible m8.
>>
>>730271340
ROTC gets you nice and set up for doing a military career as an officer. However, being commissioned means that you won't get a typical contract that gives you a set deadline of when you get out. One of the stipulations of being an officer means that they can keep you against your will if they want. But, getting a degree doesn't guarantee a job in the civilian world while having one in the military gives you A LOT of leeway towards making money. You probably will never use your degree though unless you get lucky.
>>
Went to navy boot camp but got released cause I had diabetes
>>
>>730272456
If you wan to be an officer get your E5 first.
>>
>>730273332
And I mean it's fine, I dont want to put you off too much, there are way worse jobs. Just not necessarily super exciting all the time. And currently borrrring. Good luck whatever you do!
>>
>>730273502
Hell no. Enlisting by itself is fucking horrid alone. Don't enlist if you're going to join, at least go in as an officer if you can.
>>
>>730273456

Happy or no?
>>
>>730269061
Dependson what your job is, where you're stationed, your unit, your NCOs, your Officers, your fellow enlistedmen, etc

Find out for yourself faggot talk to a recruiter dumb bitch
>>
3d armored cavalry here.
Army is cake.
Normally 6:30-5
>show up for pt at 6:30.
>run/excersise for an hour.
>come back for 9:00 formation
>spend the day in the motor pool/ out in the field doing exercises
>basically get paid for camping
>free rent
>free food
>take a nap
>goto strip club
>rinse & repeat

Unless you get deployed.
>work 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts.
>mortar attacks going from your room to the shower.
>sniper kills your buddy standing in formation during stupid as fuck promotion ceremony (we don't do those in country, fucking NOW).
>convoy gets hit by an IED, spend 6 hours looking for someone who was gone 5 seconds later.
>still have the smell of your buddy's brains on your iotv as you roll out to complete mission.
I could go on about atrocities I've seen from natives in iraq- makes someone very racist. I spent many years with a Persian woman, but I would never get involved with someone with ties to the middle east just because of my experiences now.
>>
>>730270872
in the army? is the asvab easy then?
>>
Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents, been in for 6 years now. It can be horrible at times, but what you put into it will determine what you get out of it. I bust my ass everyday and compared to how things where I first enlisted my quality of life hs drastically improved. However if you act like a piece of shit, you'll be dissatisfied with the way things are. You could always get lucky, but it's foolish to count on that.
>>
go CG anon, smooth sailing.

no deployments overseas, always in a coastal area if you choose one of the two largest rates.

at least consider it.
>>
File: tumblr_l4dyssccIq1qz9bwro1_500.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l4dyssccIq1qz9bwro1_500.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>>730271419
>it sucks the life out of you
interesting....because working for a living when you're 19 - 24 does the same thing.
>>
>>730273502
>>730273634
What would be getting your E5 first be? Going in as infantry?
>>
>>730273806
The asvab is easy. I got an 87 when I took it in 7th grade, and 96 junior year.
>>
Any good stories to be told?
>>
>>730273605
Not at all, need to hear the truth from someone who is actually there.
>>
>>730274008
Going enlisted, working all the shit jobs up to NCO status and doing OCS. It would suck but those Lt's are more capable of leading
>>
>>730273760
As another Army dude who hasn't been deployed, but has an NCO who did the same shit, I can say this is pretty much it. Go ahead and don't think that shit doesn't happen when you get deployed.

All I can add though is that while at home the shit blew ass. 75th FIRES Brigade here. NCOs are cunts man. Also be careful of not getting kicked out or thrown in jail because of someone elses shit, like being an armorer and having officers trying to get you to sign for shit you really don't have to, because they lost some of it and want your name in the paperwork when it needs to be paid for. Chain of command will always try to protect itself man, they are some sneaky cunts. Your NCO support channel generally has theirs and their friends best interests in mind as well.

Be careful as Army dude, shit isn't as clear cut as it seems.
>>
>>730271786
If you are a male then dont expect to get any pussy. 85% of the fems in that MOS are lesbos.
>>
Is there any job in the army that you could do for life?

I'm not smart enough to be an officer but I would love having a guaranteed job for the rest of my life (inb4 die during deployment)
Either something on base or something non active combat after serving in combat missions to be "qualified"
>>
>>730274440
you can be a cook and make 2 shitty meals a day and go home every day at 1330-1400 if the OOD doesn't want to be a dick
>>
>>730273412
As I said, going for engineering (CSE and/or Civil), so was hoping to be Corps of Engineers. Pretty sure there are other engineering jobs too, so I thought that was one of the better majors for the army. The school I'm going to has a really high hiring rate for engineering grads, and almost guaranteed summer internships for sophomores and juniors. Would ROTC summer activities hold me back from those?

Also question about the physical test:
I'm far from fat, pretty strong (current job has a lot of manual labor), but I'm not sure I can do all the physical things that were supposedly required, ie 50+ pushups in 2 minutes, 15 minute mile, etc. Is that meant for people who've finished bootcamp or should I make sure I can perform those BEFORE applying for an ROTC scholarship?
>>
>>730274670
What about recruiter or some kind of "office worker" or communications person?
>>
>>730274440
Doesn't matter what MOS you choose, once in country you're infantry.
>fuel being done by contractors
>cooking done by contractors
>translators are contractors
You're just another door kicker once you get deployed.
You'll be on patrol.
Basic training 101:
>infantry first
>>
>>730273640
Not really was kinda excited not having to worry about finding a job, being away from family, getting paid etc. Now I gotta find a job and go to college :(
>>
>>730274758
You consider yourself strong and can't do those things? I can easily do those things but probably couldn't do your day job. It's all about what you train for I guess.
>>
>>730274761
You don't go in and ask to be a recruiter. That's something you put in for when you're like SSG (E-6 in any branch). Comm is far from chill. Go be a cook if you want a free paycheck dude.
>>
>>730269061
If you get an office MOS or a intel MOS then you will do mostly 9 to 5 (after you get up at 0630 to do PT). And honestly if you do 2 years then You will spend at least a fourth to 1/2 of it in initial training. Pic something you can use when you get out like 35G.
>>
>>730274761
Recruiter is pretty cake, depending on the amount of visibility you have in the area.

Go coast guard and be a yeoman or store keeper and you're basically guaranteed to be in an office doing paperwork as a YN or ordering shit and chasing down receipts as a SK.
>>
>>730274805
Thank you.
>>
>>730274955
yep, that's special assignment and everyone wants it. you have to be on top of your shit to get it. E-5's can do it in my branch
>>
>>730274955
Recruiter is a requirement for E7.
You get to do 2 years as recruiter or drill sergeant.
So there is no void for recruiters, there's actually an overflowing pool.
>>
>>730269061
>Regular 9/5
>9/5
>9 out of 5
>regular 9 out of 5
wtf are you doing?
>>
>>730274955
>>730274981
Both helpful. Thanks :)
>>
>>730274440

Go intel if you dont want >>730274805 to be true for you.
>>
>>730274805
True in some cases.

A cook is with inf.
So are translators, 88M, etc.

Artillery, especially MLRS (me), are never near. You won't be close to something like that.

Unlike, commo, etc. If you want to stay out of the bullshit, go into MLRS (idk if you can enlist for that, unless you go 13M, 13P and 13D got merged to 13J.)

So yeah. Choose a job like finance that will stay in S1 shop and will never go out down range.
>>
>>730274882

Yeah, >>730272806 here. I was counting on getting in for quite a while and had lifeplans based around it but it didn't work out. Was gonna go out, learn some skills, see some of the world... fuck me.
>>
>>730269061
I did 9 years, with three deployments. I enjoyed the Army, but I like life after the Army better! Do 36 months for the post 9/11 GI Bill. It's a sweet deal. If you don't want the full-on "soldier experience" choose a super pog MOS.
>>
>>730269061
If you scored over 85 on the asvab with a GT score of over 110, don't enlist. Plenty of stupid motherfuckers in the military already. If you still feel compelled to join, prepare to deal with borderline retards being in charge of your health amd well being while performing seemingly purposeless and sole crushing tasks (BII, BEI, connex inspections and layouts) day in and day out for at least 4 years.

Oh, and watch as guys you came into the unit with who you've watched snort oxy off a barracks toilet or basically rape a passed out drunk chick get promoted faster than you because they drink with your platoon sergeant every weekend.
>>
I didn't realize recruiter was so sought after. I always imagined people would find it too boring and would want a base job or be deployed over sitting at various tables talking to kids.
>>
>>730269883
Good luck. Boot is way too easy.
>>
>>730275359
For real man. Don't join.

Don't make the same mistake we did bro. Fucking don't.
>>
>>730271240
Oh your PACT? Yeah your gonna fuckin hate life
>>
>>730275359
hua
>>
>>730275277
S shop has a chance to stay out of patrols, but 90% of others will wind up there.
I've seen army get folded into a marine division, didn't matter wtf you were- they had a force cap they were dealing with and needed body's.
Once you're in country, you're jus (soldier+1) to everyone who controls your future.
>>
>>730275379
it's literally a free paycheck, you basically make your own hours. as long as you hit your quotas your supervisor doesn't give a shit
>>
Veteran here. Left the Army in '96
Would join again if there wasn't this:

http://us.mil.army/2017operations
>>
>>730275565
Haha, how so though? I know the pros and cons but at least I'll see the jobs firsthand before striking on one I KNOW that I would like to be stuck with.
>>
>>730275379

I've hung around the local recruiting center and it's pretty chill. Everybody just bros around and you get to play pseudo-drill instructor at PT a couple days a week.

Of course you'll have people like me to deal with who kinda string you along for a few months before realizing they can't join for one reason or another.
>>
>>730275666
Satan trips of truth.

Ask a recruiter if they would rather be on the line or chillin in TRADOC. TRADOC every time.
>>
>>730275379
Recruiter is a home off poast, no formations, no answering to superiors.
Basically a normal life with military pay- usually close to your home town (so you "fit in" with locals)
>>
>>730275677
us troops in Russia?
>>
>>730275677
I think most of the pink countries include military personnel stationed at embassies and consulates.
>>
>>730274907
It's farm work. I regularly carry 100+ lb shit around, or spend 5+ hours raking rocks out of a field, and pretty much don't sit down for 11 hours straight. It drains me too much to go to the gym right now.
>>
>>730271791
You dont "bounce from job to job" like they'll have u think. You literally chip paint and stand watches all day and night. Until they force you to pick a rate.
>>
>>730275940
Rick astley though
>>
>>730275665
That's true man, but take it from someone in a Brigade without a mission, there are hidden spots in the Army that won't ever get pushed to that shit.

That being said, it sucks to be that person. Being in a unit with no mission, and that won't have one as long as I stay in it, is cancer. I want out so bad. It fucking killed my soul dude, such an angry person now.
>>
>>730275260
Any tips for someone enlisting intel in the Marines?
>>
>>730269883
should've went coast guard, when I tell my Navy neighbors at NAS what I do 94% of the time I head, should've went CG. but who knows you may love it! good luck though on basic.

tip for basic, zone out and be a soulless robot. take nothing they seriously when they get in your face, don't smile, laugh, giggle, or let your eyes wander. "eyes in the boat" as the call it. be a robot, newfriend
>>
>>730275971
Welcome to the suck fucko.

That's how you can tell who's a pogue and who's combat arms. 9/10 if you see a really hug,e jacked soldier, and he doesn't have a full beard, he's probably a cook or a fueler.
>>
>>730275971
Oh yeah. Definitely couldn't do that. I could easily be described as "too skinny" in many people's eyes. But I can do 50 push-ups in a minute and a half tops without collapsing afterwards and I can do a 7 minute mile when I really try. I couldn't bench 150 to save my life though.
>>
>>730276076
train your trigger finger
>>
>>730270996
Salty NCOs, hazing if you're a grunt, stupid shit like weed wacking a field because someone lost NVGs, and cleaing and flipping rocks so the get an even tan, ugly ass uniforms if you're in the army, > 0630 to whenever the fuck your company wants to release you for the day.
If you're not a shitbag and get married tho you can make it work well
>>
File: 1492656642422.png (947KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492656642422.png
947KB, 1280x720px
>>730275666
>>
>>730276046
I'm a very different person from who I was when I joined.
Been out 5 years and can't believe time has flown by.
I still remember how that last few months dragged by- when they actually handed me my dd214 and said go check out, I was stunned and floated through it like a dream.
You'll get there man.
>>
>>730276004
Fuck...I can't afford to wait around and be placed in DEP though due to my current living arrangements. It'll have to do.
>>
>>730276179
So... I'd probably be fine to just take the PFT?
>>
>>730275379
It depends on what you're looking for. Some people like the desk job away from a base. Others might feel like it's a waste of a military career. I'd rather do shit I can't or won't do in civilian life.
>>
>>730276004
this, all you do is busy work, death to busy work!
>>
>>730276346
2 1/2 more years bro. Only guy I hung out with and wasn't a fucking tool is about to leave in 3 months. Also my lifting buddy. I feel lost man. Just gotta make it till May 2019. Somehow bro.
>>
I scored a 98 on my asvab, and the major in charge of setting up my contract said "All we have right now is infantry". So I took it.

Much later I found out that my mechanical and logical aptitudes where off the chart, and I could have had any job in the army.

If they say "This is all we have right now" say "I'll wait for something I'm interested in". Infantry is a shit job.

Lots of trim for that blue ribbon though :P
>>
>>730276302
>300 people at 0630 formation
>120 people at 0900 formation
>15 privates pulling weeds in the motor pool at 0910- not a single NCO to be found. All the other soldiers "had appointments".

That's why people go postal.
>>
>>730275839
The BM's will work your ass all day, then you'll stand watches when your not doing work. Im on a ship and these pact guys are constantly working. Shitty work. Most of the pact seaman on my ship have been forced to strike a rate. Getting the rate you want is rare.
>>
>>730274758
There is a lot of PT with the ROTC so I would shoot for 100 puh ups in 2 minutes and an 8 minute mile, these are relatively easy marker to achieve as long as you stay persistent. Also, you won't be doing any sort of bootcamp, IIRC once you get commissioned you will go to the Basic School which is incredibly physically demanding. Calling your colleges ROTC department will make a lot of things very clear and they are usually ready to go with information because they have a job quite similar to recruiters and will want to help you as much as possible.
>>
>>730276076
take the wrapper off of the crayon before you eat it.

I'm not marine. I'm army

Otherwise I don't really know what to say other than this; besides knowing how to do your job, the only other things you need to focus on is exercise and knowing the rulebook/guidebook/FM/TM.

unless you want to know where the MOS are that you can use post Military.
>>
>>730276656
Lmao. Picturing the situation. I know I would just be looking at amazement and thinking "of course this is what I signed up for"
Meanwhile most picture war hero movies as "service"
>>
>>730276570
Restore a muscle car (fort hood has an auto shop you can pay like $3 an hour for the lift/tools).
Do the free college while stateside.
Make friends with the strip club manager (that's what kept me sane).
>>
>>730276692
I'll be doing Airman Pact though. All the Seaman Pact jobs are jobs I can definitely go without. Interesting intel though, friend. You know anything about Airman pact?
>>
>>730276750
If you can't eat a crayon with the wrapper on, don't be a marine.
>>
>>730272762
Been thinking about the Royal Marines for a while now, what would ou say my best bet is for joining the military?
>>
>>730276273
Ha yeah. Was in HS sports, bout the top of my health was a varsity soccer player, 5'9 185lbs. THEN I was able to do a 15 minutes mile, but found pushups and crunches hard.
Every time I check some kind of BMI I'd register as overweight or obese. Supposedly the army requires a certain BMI, is that true? I know for a fact that whatever I do short of starvation I'm not gonna get to 160 lbs.
>>
My name is Richard and I command you all to get niggertitted!!
>>
>>730276656
or...

>3 people painting the boat
> 2 ppl smoking cigs sipping coffee
>4 others telling them how to do it.
>>
Some experiences. 1/2

>Unit trains rangers and recon switching every few years. Recon guys have the latest toys military has to offer. Us rangers get nearly all equipment from the 80's because apparently "we'll die anyway".

>Regional Office messes up and sends too many new conscripts to the unit. Instructors don't send anyone back initially but just increase BS level. After six moths (half way for me) over 40% have been sent away due to reasons ranging from stress fractures to psychological problems. HQ gets angry.

>Training different movement styles in a sand pit because why not. Crawling for hours in the sand. At the end of the day everyone has road rash in their arms, legs and stomach and some are bleeding. Unit's nurse almost runs out of gauze and bandages.

>Instructor throws satchel charge at us to see how fast we take cover.

>At live fire exercise. Everyone should sleep at least six hours a night. Nope. We spend our nights burning wet leaves and twigs in a big bonfire because the training area needed to be tidied up. Combat shooting feels a bit unsafe when you are about to fall asleep.

>In the woods. Someones ruck isn't properly camouflaged. Team is ordered to move our supply stash from point A to point B and back in the middle of night. After 20km and hundreds of kgs of equipment moved back and forth, everyone has properly camouflaged rucks.

>Cleaning the barracks. A bit of cosmic dust is found undera a bed. Repeat cleaning 10 times every evening.

>There's still more cosmic dust. Our room is seized because "we can't keep it clean enough". Everyone sleeps outside.

>In the woods for the Nth time. Not even the rainsuit is waterproof. It's December, sleet pouring horizontally for a week and temperature is around 0C. All clothes are wet after two days. Nothing burns in the tent stove. Near the end no one bothers with the tent anymore and sleeps in wet clothes under some big spruce. Whole body hurts for a month afterwards.
>>
>>730276912
Bro they moved us from Fort Hood to Fort Sill.

Nothing in Lawton m8. I'm fucking losing my mind. Having sex with everything. Scaled up as high as SSG and Maj that I've bagged in bed.

Fucking idk what else to do. I don't wanna drink, video games make me sick now. College is all I got, and lifting. But they took my meal card and didn't pay BAS and I lost like 20 lbs over a 6 month guard detail, so lifting is depressing. Then there are personal problems. Like shit lol.
>>
>>730276931
Nah man. Im on a smallboy, so we dont have aviation rates. You'll most likely be sent to a carrier or big deck. They'll have u doing chocks and chains for the aircraft. Dangerous work, but pretty cool
>>
>>730277006
Losing weight just to meet a number goal is only worse on you than never meeting that goal in the first place. You won't be strong anymore and your stamina will be shit. It will hurt to get out of bed every morning and to bend at the knees to pick something up. Ask any ex mma fighter.
>>
>>730277118
2/2

>November night
>Base has been set up atop a high hill
>The moon is full, stars shine and a few clouds float slowly across the sky
>Kilometers of gloomy forests lie before me
>Being on guard duty was cold and beautiful

>Another week of pain behind and a tired group is waiting for a ride back to garrison
>Unexpectedly the head of the NCO course commands everyone to stand in formation
>Says he is very pleased with what he has seen in the exercise and grants everyone the fir twig patch (sissihavu in Finnish) in advance
(Imagine going to Ranger School and performing so well that you are given the Ranger tab before graduating.)

>Last exercise of the NCO course is nearing its end
>It has been raining sleet the whole time and no one has dry clothes
>Last mission is to get back to friendly territory from behind enemy lines
>This takes exactly 12 hours without breaks
>We've passed three surveillance lines, many rivers, even more kilometers and had a few close calls
>Our team leader sheds a manly tear, when I say that I have an unopened bag of candy waiting in my rucksack
>Sauna and a warm sleeping shelter is waiting for us
>It took an hour to detach boots from my feet, my whole body was hurting and I almost fell asleep naked in the sauna's dressing room but I felt relieved, if nothing else
>Next morning our instructor tells us that we shouldn't have made it through our final mission (which was probably empty words to make us feel better but it felt good at the time)

>Back at garrison after a live fire exercise
>I'll go tell our instructor that our rifles are ready for inspection
>He congratulates me and says that I've been chosen to be a sniper team leader

>Last evening in the forest
>Sun is shining calmly and the Russian border can be seen across a lake
>Captain has caught a pike, which we eat while bathing in sauna
>>
>>730276493
As long as you can pass the APFT, you're straight. If you're lucky and you get put in a chill unit, they'll let you go to the MWR gym onpost for PT.

One morning in my first unit, our new platoon sgt (SFC actually) did a platoon run to burger king where he bought us all breakfast.
>>
>>730273353
i would join for that. i want to kill myself anyway but i cant join cause i have medical issues on record lol fuck me right.
>>
>>730277024
My ex went navy
Weeds=paint
Same shit, different branch.
Harder to sham out of work on boat though, only so many places to go.
>>
>>730277304
just have to hide in plain sight, pretty easy when you think about it.
>>
>>730277230
Not gonna lie I was homeless before and it is an improvement from sleeping outside in OKC. That being said, I had a vision for the Army and it was crushed after getting in it. Wrong MOS for sure, but either way, people above you will make you hate everything.
>>
>>730277165
Hell yeah. It'd be cool to get AME
>>
>>730274025
i took it senior year of high school 2014 and it had shit about the mechanisms in an automobile and physics or whatever. it seemed pretty difficult to me unless you were in top level classes during highschool.
>>
>>730277160
I don't think I know anybody at sill.
Only been there once myself, and can't remember shit of what's outside the gate (only remember how small of a post it was).
I became a raging alcoholic when I was in, along with my battle buddy and virtually everyone I knew.
I survived though.
Just have to focus on a hobby, ANYTHING, to look forward to after that flag droops.
>>
>>730277867
Asvab is just a test about what you know, for your age.
Its meant to cover a wide range to place you in an mos you're qualified for.
At 18, someone who's spent their time on language courses would be lost on the mechanics portions of the test.

Of course I had a 98, with a gt of 139 and all other line scores ranging from 140-154.....
>>
Usmc Fag here. I load bombs and missiles on f18s. It's long hours and shit work. The only time I felt a sense of pride was on my first deployment in the Middle East, we dropped like 500 bombs on isis. It's constant training and your constantly treated like a child. I do like the travel of it all though. I've been all over America, Bahrain, Greece, England, Guam, Hawaii, Alaska, and Japan. Being in the air wing you tend to fly with the jets in case they break on the way to where ever your going, so obviously we find ways to break shit in cool places.
>>
>>730279332
>sentence structure is shit
>punctuation is shit
Marine confirmed.

What do you mean by "break shit in cool places?" Eat crayons in cool places?
>>
>>730279332
>break shit in cool places
>>
8yr 2war Active duty 11B and 74D
82nd ABN 25THID

Dont dont do it.. you are a slave to the big green cock
>>
>>730280109
>>730280147
>break shit in cool places
> when we get somewhere cool such as Guam and we are scheduled to leave the next day, we tend to find things on the jets that are broken. So that way we stay longer
>>
>>730269883
HOOYAH
>>
>>730280888
gr8
st8ment
M8

actually not a bad idea. I'm honestly surprised.
>>
11th Sig anyone?
>>
wake up and go to first formation in PT uniform, conduct pt, go back to barracks and change into ACUs and get breakfast, Conduct maintenance on vehicles if it's monday(paperwork), clean some shit, talk about something in a TM or FM, clean some shit, go home. Then you have FTX (Field training exercises) where you go camping in terrible conditions and leadership tries to up the suck level. Every so often you'll have change of command ceremonies where you'll be standing still for 4-15 hours straight potentially depending on how many rehearsal runs are done. Then you have deployment where unless you're 11b, 12b, commo or 68w you'll be doing nothing and making quite a bit of money. Hope that helps anon.
>>
>>730270096
worst mos in the army
>>
>>730276656
Ft. Huachuca?
>>
>>730277230
They can't pull your medical records, just lie about your medical shit and see if they detect it. No one is going to tell you that, but it's true.
>>
Any of you fags in Ft Lewis?

I'm a Canadian Armyfag doing some gay Ex down here babysitting a bunch of fucking reservists pretending they're in the army.
>>
>>730280888
nice digits
also an old loadmaster told me he used to drip oil or hydro all around his 130 every time he flew into Clark, always would spend a couple extra nights there while the maintainers went through it.
>>
What is a day in the life for Infantry? Seriously considering but don't know what I will be doing every single day.
>>
>>730282043
Aye whats good bro I am at the commissary right now. Lots of old people and Koreans haha
>>
>>730283383
there is a Korean in every one I've been in over the last 10years
>>
>>730283891
No I mean A LOT of old korean ladies. Not just one or two, whole truckloads of them
>>
>>730270103
I got fucked into a 6 year.
>>
>>730271786
Go 12b, pussy
>>
>>730270682
Fuck the navy
>>
>>730283383
I'm eating at Popeyes. We don't have it in Canada
>>
>>730272806
I have severe anxiety attacks on a daily basis but never had any diagnosis or prescriptions done.

Being honest to the recruiters nearly got me disqualified also
>>
>>730272806
>took some light anti-anxiety a few years ago and have a history of anxiety attacks/depression from the same time.

but how did they find out about it? I dont think they can find this information on their own without you providing it
>>
>>730281709
How so?
>>
>>730269061
It's utter shit. I did 8 years in the Royal Marines. Don't do it to yourself. Enjoy your life and don't risk it for anybody who doesn't truly love you.

Education is key to happiness. Get to college and make something of yourself. Don't be tricked by the "patriot" Jew.
>>
>>730285635
I didn't really like the philly nigger steak place, over priced and wasn't that great.
>>
What is a day in the life of the Infantry? Thinking of joining but don't know what I will be doing.
>>
>>730286561

can someone please respond to this?
>>
>>730288503
>get shit tasks all day
>go to mess after work
>get drunk and act like a righteous ass to support trades
>go to work
>wonder why support trades aren't helpful
>>
>>730269061
Army here. It's beyond fucking stupid. It's easy but you're surrounded by incompetence.
>>
>>730285155
DLI fag detected
>>
>>730288624

I mentioned it to the recruiter before I knew any better.

They'll tell you to lie about it, though not in so many words, and as long as nothing happens and you give them no reason to look into it they won't find out. Ultimately though, if something happens to you medically and they look into your records and find a disqualifier you didn't mention or lied about, you'll be in some shit.

Honestly I probably could have snuck in, but the issues never totally went away and can be extremely debilitating when they really flare up. Ultimately I felt it'd be shitty to try and get in when I couldn't be relied on.
>>
>>730286561
>>730288624
Aight so they can't get into your medical files because they are confidential. Unless you give them permission and it could be done by telling your recruiter you've been in surgery before, emergency room, pretty much any mental illness and more. If you are able to keep your shit together and lie to your recruiter just make sure you lie to everyone else along the way because from that point it's fraudulent enlistment. A lot of people do it though cause a large majority of people would be DQd if they gave up their medical files.
>>
You make just as much working at mcdonalds
>>
>>730291563
Yeah but you don't get healthcare, free education and other benefits dumbass
>>
>>730272397
You can fail security clearance if you have bad credit.

Like a ton of debt.
>>
I'm 32, in shape, yet here I am on 4chan. Thought about air force years ago but I was nearly 27 then. I see they just raised the age limit again (was 27). This two year program is intriguing... Being this age I'm pretty set in my lazy ways though...
>>
>>730269883
What rate my dude?
>>
>>730275839
Your are legit everyones bitch, dont go pact bro
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.