[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fellow ALOCHOLICS of /b/ get in here and tell me about your

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 25

File: 8193673.jpg (7KB, 508x369px) Image search: [Google]
8193673.jpg
7KB, 508x369px
fellow ALOCHOLICS of /b/

get in here and tell me about your life and how you are doing
>>
File: 1480365335174.jpg (145KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
1480365335174.jpg
145KB, 624x950px
doing all right im down to one carton a day and doing my masters in construction.
also off suicide watch and gaining weight finaly
>>
Three months and sixteen days sober. Much better physically and mentally.
>>
File: cseti-logo-in-3d-bags.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
cseti-logo-in-3d-bags.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>
>>730167662

How long have you been drinking for, anon?
>>
>>730167432
>also off suicide watch

what does this mean exactly? were you involved with medical people or something or is it just that you are personally in a better place?
>>
>>730167927
I drank in steadily increasing amounts for the past five years or so. At the end I was at a half bottle of Jameson a day. Ended up in the hospital for four days.
>>
>>730168123

At what point did you realize it was too much? I don't find that I have the urge to drink everyday, but when I do drink, I pretty much binge drink. Can work my way through almost an entire bottle of Jameson in a night.
>>
I drink even when I don't even want to get drunk or even want a drink I do it out of pure boredom and I also drink when I talk to people on the phone like my gf because I get bored of anything if I'm not drunk I drank so much I was actually a nice fit guy but I have a beer belly now and don't even take care of myself
>>
File: 1437053706380.jpg (61KB, 606x496px) Image search: [Google]
1437053706380.jpg
61KB, 606x496px
>>730168104
i tryed to kill my self and one of the kids called a medic and i have a duty to look after them so they put me on hevy meds and counselling and some kind of emergency list . so if any of the kids call it a fucking helicopter shows up in my fucking padock
>>
>>730168344
Checked. And I could kill a bottle a day at the worst as well. I finally snapped when I realized I was too drunk during the day to take care of my kids. My son was in an accident (not serious) but I couldn't even drive to pick him up.
>>
>>730168402
damn, it must be really shitty drinking and being responsible for kids too

at least you are doing better now
>>
>>730168527

I started drinking after a motorcycle accident made it so I couldn't pursue my dream career. For a while, I was drinking every day and heavily, almost finished a handle of Jameson in a night. I was able to outright stop for 3 months, but just don't really know when it becomes too much.

Good for you though. My dad got alcohol poisoning, doctor told him to stop drinking, he still drinks and he's a hateful, angry drunk. Can't get away from the thing that helped him split his family.
>>
File: 1437365045162.png (93KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1437365045162.png
93KB, 540x540px
>>730168793
yeah im doing better.
there not my kids there my best freinds kids
there parents own a huge ass farm and back in 2009 the australian goverment dicked on farmers.
any way my mate went nuts and killed his missus and one of the kids then offed him self.
so i took over the farm and started looking after the kids becuse there family was torn apert from the shit. so here i am
living on a big ass farm in the middle of aus.
2 hours from the closest town looking after 3 girls.
i see why my mate went nuts
>>
>>730169032
I lost control when my dad was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia. He just slowly wasted away for three years. I almost missed his passing due to drinking and ending up in the hospital. He died three days after I got out.
>>
Last week was my kids birthday
Car accident lost her because I was tired from drinking the following night
Still drink
>>
>>730169321
can't you give them back to the government still?

that all sounds rough as fuck, makes me feel bad about drinking over comparatively little
>>
>>730166634
i hated life alot for a while cause my life was shit.

now i have a job and i hate life a little less, cause im actually doing something and making some money
>>
feels like shit sometimes

some days are ok,others not

maybe my problem is not bad as the rest of the anons here, but the thing is:

i fucking love her, really miss her, we had a shitty discussion fe days ago and she doesnt want to get to the next level.

we been dating for 3 months

shes so beautiful, and i hate the way she makes feel, talking to me everyday like nothing happened
she tells me that she cares for me and she loves me, but the way i want ( i think)

and i have to see her in 3 hours in a party with my friends

i just want to hold her in my arms like 1 week ago

feels bad

i cant be her friend
>>
>>730166634
Got blackout drunk last weekend and haven't had a drop since.
>>
I quit drinking 5 years, 3 months and 7 days ago.

I was drinking 6 to 10 everyday and experiencing hangovers 2 or 3 days a week, including when I had to go to work. I drove drunk at least two nights a week. My marriage was headed into the shitter. We've been separated for 3 years, 4 months and 13 days. I drank heavily for 20 years.

I smoke and eat weed now, everyday. Life is much better. I have very little motivation but I still can do my job. My wife and I have started seeing a counselor. Things are looking up.
>>
>>730169341

At least you got to be there. If you missed it, probably would have fallen even deeper into the bottle. Seems like one of those things in life that even though it causes problems, you seem to embrace it more after events that should bring you farther from it.

>>730169321

Sheeeeit, putting yourself in that kind of situation voluntarily. The absolute madman.
>>
>>730169460
you know the thought did go thru my head to give them back.
but i feel as tho i own my mate a favor.
the dude was always there for me.
i wasnt there for him much.
i feel like i owe it to him to look after his legecy or something.
honestly about a year ago i nearly did the same thing he did and just kill them all.
but i let cooler heads prevale .
>>
Just remember that nothing is as important as your health and your future. If it's meant to be, it'll come back. If not, there WILL be someone else.
>>
>>730169579
i miss my girl. we dated for over two years but now shes got another boyfriend
>>
this was fucking depressing, don't know why I came here
>>
>>730169579

Never understood how woman work in that aspect. Break it off with you, in my case cheated on me, and then expect you to put aside all your feelings and still be friends. I don't get it.
>>
i drink a 175 ml bottle of vodka in 2 days but since i dont do it all the time people say im no alkie...
but i do it at the worst times... 5 am... have to goto class at 8... im still drinking in the car...

i dont know how i haven't killed anyone... spent last new years eve in jail... but still people say i have no problem...

i have to quit... i really do... i just... can't...

i'm fine... then i hear the voices... to just drink a little... just a 6 pack... with friends... but then i don't stop... i get another bottle of vodka and i'm back at it...

then i quit... for a week... or even two...

but i know that im going to have a nother bottle soon.
>>
File: 1431314855996.png (166KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
1431314855996.png
166KB, 400x480px
>>730169788
im just one of those blokes who just dose what needs to be done.

besides as soon as the eldest girl turns 18 im seeling the farm getting them a house in town and going back to my life living alone
>>
>>730169032

My mother-in-law was 60 when her liver failed. She spent an entire year living in a hospital bed. She always asked us to sneak her margaritas when we'd visit.
>>
>>730170056
>175 ml
you sure? do you mean cl?
>>
>>730169794
if you owe him, you have to do the best for his kids

that may mean giving them up if you can't handle it
>>
>>730169321
holy fuck ausfag farmers posting on /b/
what do you farm?
are you the only adult out that way?
>>
ITT: degenerates who don't know how to live, do we need anymore reason to outlaw alcohol as well as nicotine and caffeine
>>
>>730170146

At least you'll be able to look back and feel like you made a big difference in someone's life. I'm assuming the kids look up to you as a father at this point, so you have that to motivate you.

>>730170150

Jesus. Even when it's literally killing you, some people won't stop.
>>
>>730166634
I have a problem with substance abuse. I have terrible anxiety and drugs and alcohol help me relax. Im doing okay in the sense that i still make to work everyday. Emotionally i am very unstable
>>
File: 0422172152.jpg (406KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0422172152.jpg
406KB, 2048x1536px
>>730170251
dang it... i'm not good with metric... im amerifag...
it's 1.75 L... is that liters?

idk... pic related... its the bottle in my freezer
>>
>>730170056

If alcohol causes you regular problems, you are an alcoholic, in my opinion. I think this definition is more useful than an arbitrary frequency or quantity.

I switched to weed and and joined AA. I don't like weed as much as booze, but it causes me fewer problems. AA is a weird chore I do once a month or so. I always feel better about not drinking afterwards. Some people go every day.

Best wishes.
>>
>>730170748
thanks
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>730166634
Haven't hung out with the captain in a few weeks. Lots of crying. A suicide attempt. But, okay I guess?

I treated myself to a pedicure for it.
>>
>>730169767
Can you be around alcohol without drinking?
>>
>>730170673

Be very careful with booze and drugs like Xanax, Valium, lorazepam and other benzos. People with anxiety and bipolar are more vulnerable to addiction to these substances. And the addiction will bite deeper.

Have you seen a doctor?
>>
Worried that I have a real problem. Been drunk since Wednesday. Missed work.
Hating myself.
...also, bought coke 5 times along the way.
Had recently made it 3 weeks sober.
>>
>>730170952
>I treated myself to a pedicure for it.

i always feel shitty for treating myself to a new game or book
>>
File: aiyo.gif (699KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
aiyo.gif
699KB, 500x280px
>>730166634

just racked up my third dui - cant wait for county, diversion classes, forced sobriety, and blowing my car to start it every day
>>
>>730170673
I dont use benzos. Mostly cocaine and alcohol. Ive been thinking of going to a doctor. Has it helped you?
>>
>>730170728
1.75 liters is 1750 ml
>>
>>730171140
Yeah I feel guilty too, like I don't deserve it. But my therapist said I need to reward my sobriety once in awhile.
"The things I can spend money on that aren't alcohol"
>>
>>730171074
This. Heavy into both before I quit. Baaaaaaad combo, anon
>>
>>730171074meant this >>730171258
>>
>>730170748

I think that's a good definition. Puts it in a better perspective than frequency/quantity. I miss the days where a 24 oz of Steel Reserve would get me to that "feel good" zone whereas now I need at least two 40's.
>>
>>730166634
Oh look it's time for a gin n tonic
>>
>>730171312
is your therapist government appointed, or is it you that decided to do it?

do you think they have made a difference?
>>
Closet drunk here. My kids are getting old enough where they will figure it out. It sucks I make promises to myself but cannot carry through. I am functional and do my job just fine.
Fuck if I know where to get weed I do that instead
>>
>>730171350

Gin and tonic is a slippery slope for me. It goes down so nice compared to other drinks. Love spending a night with a handle of Gin. I go with the Seagrams Extra Dry for $17.
>>
>>730171454
My decision. I've gone to one before because of depression and anxiety issues (guess why I drink!)

Yes, two have made significant impacts in my recovery. But I had to jump around A LOT until I found one I could feel vulnerable with that also knew how to navigate my personality and mind.
>>
>>730171015

I can but my social life changed a lot. I don't see as much live music anymore and I have a mix of "old friends" and "new friends". I have been to a few parties with the old friends and managed to stay away from alcohol. (Coffee and marijuana edibles make a good combination.) But it's awkward and I discovered that my old friends were obnoxious as fuck when drunk.

Marijuana makes me lazy. But Netflix has some pretty good content. I'm a homebody stoner now. But it's better than being dead, divorced or deeper in debt
>>
who made this fucking thread! i'm all depressed now...
>>
You are an alcoholic when you say you are an alcoholic
>>
One word: antibuse.

Just clocked 8 weeks, and don't even obsess anymore over where I'm going to get the $$ for my next L of Smirnoff.

Totally works. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a script.
>>
File: 53403_8_bit_8_bit_landscape.jpg (65KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53403_8_bit_8_bit_landscape.jpg
65KB, 1920x1200px
Bump
>>
I drink every single night enough to not remember laying in bed and have to take antacids every morning. But I pay all my bills.

High-functioning alcoholics UNITE!
>>
>>730171774

So the key is to never admit it, no matter how bad it gets?
>>
>>730171875
>It can treat problem drinking by creating an unpleasant reaction to alcohol.

Explain
>>
Tot sure if I'm classified as an alcoholic or not

I don't drink everyday but whenever I drink I can never stop. I know where my limits are but I always need to keep drinking until I black out and my friends need to help me.

It has negatively effected my relationship with a lot of people because I can't control my drinking. I usually go into depression for a week or so after those incidents, but almost always bounce back after a little while
>>
>>730171736
well i'm glad it's working for you

i don't think one would help me particularly but it's good that you have been helped somewhat at least.
>>
>>730172034
fuk! im the same way...
when i start drinking i cant stop...
i really have to watch out for my triggers
>>
idk man. nobodies reading anyway.i guess im alright.
>>
>>730171341
>>730171258

I managed to quit drinking without seeing a doctor. But my wife is considered "dual diagnosis". She's an alcoholic. While rehabbing, she was also diagnosed bipolar. She was self medicating with alcohol for many years without fully realizing it.

She's on Lithium now and avoids booze completely. She also enjoys eating marijuana to help with anxiety. It doesn't work for everyone.
>>
Doing alright I guess. A beer delivery guy for the biggest joke of a company ive ever worked for. Overworked and underpaid. No life. about what you'd expect from an alcohol. But its the night off and there's booze in my belly. For tonight at least, it isnt so bad
>>
File: lbBchUM.jpg (123KB, 800x861px) Image search: [Google]
lbBchUM.jpg
123KB, 800x861px
Disabled vet, the gubment wont cover my surgeries needed and im a poorfag. I like opiates too much so instead i drink.
>>
>>730172034
Same. I drink until I can just barely get myself to bed and sleep it off. It's not every day, mostly when I'm bored or playing with friends online.
>>
>me
>29
>Married
>Work great government job
>Work out 3-4 days per week
>Drink 1.75L Jack Daniels every 4-5 days
>Get drunk everyday after work
>High functioning alcoholic
>Need to slow the fuck down
>>
>work Mon- Fri 8 - 430
>drink when i get home until i pass out
>usually blackout twice a week
>go to work hungover almost everyday
>my friends have stopped hanging out with me as often as they used to due to my drinking
>see pics of them out together
>mfw
>>
Bout sums it up>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgF1fzCqu-k
>>
>>730172027
Not wanting to get violently nauseous if I have a drink. It short-circuits the whole thought process we drunks use to get to that first drink.

I take one pill in the morning with my other meds, Then, if I stop taking them alltogether, it'll be 3 days before it's all out of my system. I can drink, yeah, but not for 3 days.

Ruins the whole fucking thing. Only thing that's kept me this sober this long at this point of my life. Lost 2 years sobriety when I started drinking again about a year ago.
>>
File: 1384766358621.jpg (8KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
1384766358621.jpg
8KB, 318x159px
>>730170269
yeah i sapoz i can just let them go for the better.
im just not sure whats the right choice.
>>730170466
i geuss but i feel like im not a good gardian/ parent for these girls.
>>730170317
i farm cattle and a few sorghum crops.
im 22 and the next adult is about 1 hour and 40 min away .
so yeah not much out here
>>
>>730172202
It really is tough to control no matter the circumstance

Recently I bought a bottle of vodka and only planned on having a drink or two by myself to relax. That turned into finishing half the bottle, wandering the streets of a large city, and ending up blacking out in a bar that night with some random tourist
>>
Damn there is a lot of alcoholic people here
I can't sleep if i'm not drunk, I love alcohol because it's legal and you can be fucked up really quick
>>
>>730172225
have your drunk anything today?
>>
>>730172034
>>730172202
>>730172305

I think this behavior merits serious consideration. Have you given yourself a "time out" from drinking for longer than 60 days? Stop drinking for 60 days and then reconsider.

Consider seeing a doctor.
>>
I'm fucking amazing. 6 months sober, fit now with 6 pack, have a gf but am living back with my mom...oh well it's a $1.3m dollar home outside of Miami

On top of that I'm scared shitless to touch a drink knowing I'll go through minor withdrawal. It's nice, after 2-3 noti lost the desire to drink
>>
>>730171943
Well thats what i heard as a heroin addict in aa and i liked it cuz it eschews other peoples expectations. Some people glamorize the life and as a junkie on suboxone (like do i have to mention the maintenance aspect everytime?, the stigma is just more glamorization) entering inpatient on monday, i don't know who i "have" anymore
>>
>>730172728

I have. Stopped for 3 months when it got to be really bad, worked through a handle in a night. I can stop when I want, but I'm just bored.
>>
>>730172529
and when i stop drinking and the dreams come back they are all nightmares!!!

this last time i had a dream that at work every coworker hated me... i'm walking through the building and people are yelling at me and finally some were coming up and telling me they wanted to fucking punch me in the face...

i dont even have a job!

the next night my gf kept talking baby talk! i wanted to do anything for her to stop talking baby talk but i was trying to get to a job interview so i didn't say anything... finally she got pissed at me for some reason and i woke up

i don't even have a gf!!!

fml
>>
I'm a cop I drink on the job . Sometimes I get people for DUI and I blow higher than they do . So my life is pretty cool I guess.
>>
>>730173114
Dream job. 10/10

Do you ever worry about getting into an accident or incident and they test your blood?
>>
File: IMG_20170423_030932.jpg (1MB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170423_030932.jpg
1MB, 1500x2000px
Enjoy your drink for tonight. Relax, worry about your problems later.

What are you guys drinking? I'm drinking gin and ginger ale, pic related.
>>
>>730172999

Boredom is one of things AA warns about. I can assure you I understand full well. I smoke weed to relieve boredom. Is that an option for you?
>>
Nah I'm in a small town pretty much me and couple officers we all watch each others back. Like that documentary the seven five
>>
File: 1485017653402.jpg (539KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485017653402.jpg
539KB, 1067x1600px
Its dieing but i love everyone here. Life is weird huh
>>
>>730173347
ameretto neat

only thing i had
>>
>>730173347
water... im not having a bad day...

is that bottle ginger ale? it has me so curious.
>>
Living the shit life
Havnt been sober a day for years now. No matter how little I drink during the week I still drink insane amounts on the weekend.
Going to pick up beer tomorrow in the morning so I don't have to go in the morning during the week.

I think quitting could happen. It will take a month of consistent not fucking up and continuing to moderate drinking even on weekends. May might be the month to not fuck up then come mid june I am ready to quit completely.
>>
>>730172680
yeah but im kinda getting sick of it. none of my pants fit anymore and ive got man boobs.
>>
>>730173484

Never had the urge to smoke. Friends offer all the time. Also don't want to deal with working around drug tests.
>>
the one good thing about being drunk is the music

music is so fucking good when you are on it. one of the only times i'm happy
>>
>>730173747
I literally said I was drinking gin and ginger ale...
>>
Huh, I kinda feel better that I haven't lost total control: I don't drink at work or during the day, and I won't if I have something important to do... but I still buy a case of beer or some vodka when I feel bored, which is pretty common. I don't have a wife or kids to drive me to sobriety, though I don't feel too sad about that. I don't know why I drink.
>>
>>730166634
Im alright. Could be better.
>>
>>730173762
do you work? how do you spend your days?
>>
>>730173822
sorry... i meant what kind? who makes it? i'm used to cheap ginger ale in plastic bottles.
>>
>>730173938
this is a plastic bottle, it's schweppes
>>
do you guys want to keep this thread alive after it dies?
>>
>>730173802
I agree share some cool music guys, I'll start:

https://youtu.be/62EmHhZSjEI
>>
File: 1478715426736.jpg (37KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1478715426736.jpg
37KB, 604x604px
>>730166634
>be me
>be 29
>dropped out of university
>no money
>fuck around with shit jobs for a while
>get hired at the casino for good pay
>I don't think I've gone more than 3 days without drinking in the past 10

I drink at least a sixpack and at most god knows how much a day. I've lived in frat home for the past 7 years so I wasn't worried about the alcohol consumption but I'm beginning to think I'm an alcohol.

what do you think /b/?
>>
>>730173833
This is what I do, but I fear for my health at some point.
If I drink too much during the week its at the end ofthe day and its easy to stop for the night and fall asleep like a normal human, but on the weekend I drink til I'm too fucked up to do anything and go to sleep then wake up and get wasted before breakfast.
tonight for example, I may be able to stay up a few more hours, sleep like 3-5 hours then wake up and start drinking straight from the bottle.
>>
File: 1436745548589.jpg (49KB, 392x373px) Image search: [Google]
1436745548589.jpg
49KB, 392x373px
>>730174085
aus farmer here .
im keen to keep it going \
the girls are out ing the padock for the rest of the day so i have the hous eto my self im keen to get drunk and talk with some mates
>>
>>730174085
idk... im a drunk... i try not to make promises
>>
>>730174211
>I don't think I've gone more than 3 days without drinking in the past 10 years*
>>
Mom just died a couple months ago, no, not from me seeing a "respond to this..." pic, she was an alcohol. It's bullshit you know. You could quit if you gave a fuck about anything besides yourselves. You will all die lonely and not only will people not care, they'll be glad you're gone. You could fix it, but you won't. Go have a drink and keep doing the same shit over and over and wonder why nothing changes, assholes.
>>
>super good job as marketing director
>fiancee left me in December
>still trying to drink myself to death
>apparently harder than it seems
>drinking more this weekend/right now to try once again
>>
>>730174280
>>730174297
I made a discord server if you want

https://discord.gg/y5WW4
>>
>>730174085
yeah, how so?
>>
>>730174375
fuck!! im really laughing out loud...
i'm am lonely! i have no friends or family...
i have a empty house.... just me.

thank you for the giggles.
>>
File: IMG_20170422_203242.jpg (869KB, 1871x2094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_203242.jpg
869KB, 1871x2094px
Got the bottle on Thursday
>>
Diagnosed but untreated schizophrenic and life gets worse by the day. Liquor and drugs don't help much anymore the voices never go away
>>
aus farmer here.
im in the disscord under fuzzy
>>
>>730174598
Weak

I've had 24 beers and a jar of that legal shine shit today you puss and I'm still typin'
>>
>>730174637
u no... pot doesn't make the voices go away but it makes me giggle at the stupid things they say
>>
get in the discord we just made if you want guys

>>
>>730174465
i saw AA and ran... sorry
>>
>>730174839
sugest a better name?
>>
>>730174598
How big is that bottle?
I get 1.75 L of whiskey and a 12 pack of IPA every week. The whiskey is gone after fri-sun.
>>
>>730174770
I mean heroin faggot anyway none of it does shit anymore but who cares I'm going to an hero soon anyway
>>
>>730166634
doing good. just cracked open a four loko
>>
>>730174566
I wonder what could be holding you back... Keep making bs excuses anons, have another drink, have a giggle. It always makes it better, right?
>>
>>730166634
Had an operation 3 days ago.Im taking an antibioticd and painkillers and just got drunk in loneliness cuz of my name day.Cheers /b/
>>
>>730174839
it's gin now
>>
>>730174938
im still just with water... i know i'll drink again but not tonight... not this weekend.
>>
File: 1444273850983.jpg (42KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444273850983.jpg
42KB, 385x500px
>>730166634
Im alright. Life is mostly shit though y'know eh. Childhood abuse and constant rejection has ultimately ended in myself drinking everyday to ease the loneliness and heartache i feel on a daily basis. Live on my own and do concrete work for a living. Don't have lots of money or good looks or wit, just a guy scraping through existence. Smoke weed and drink beer err day. Thanks for asking OP. I don't get to talk too much about it. Things could be worse but they could def get better! One day at a time right?
>>
>>
i fuckin wish i could drink. cant drink anything close to a substantial amount without getting severe anxiety and heart palpitations the next day.
>>
>>730168123
Oh wow, Jesus fuck, you retards actually think half a fifth a day is a problem. You don't have a problem, you just have a routine that isn't all that healthy.
>>
>>730175154
Faggot
>>
>>730174893
1.75L. Every three to four days. On top of everything else.
>>
>>730175177
Seriously. Half a handle and a dozen beers isn't even a bad day
>>
>>730174769
I didn't know I was competing. I'll out drink, out smoke and out fuck you every day of the week.
>>
Man, there are a lot of fucking weak ass faggots in here. If you aren't going to commit and drink like a man gtfo. Some of us are trying to kill ourselves here.
>>
>>730175282
Have you ever gone sober for a day? I have been afraid to even try. Do you want to stop?
I feel no shame going to liquor stores all the time, but do you get comments from the workers?
>>
>>730175513
no need to be like that man

anyway, how much have you had today?
>>
>>730175177
Just because someone isn't as lost as you does not mean they are not lost. Google "No True Scotsman".
>>
Just relapsed 2 weeks ago after over 5 years sober. Back to Norco and Jim Beam
>>
File: Yes......gif (2MB, 234x183px) Image search: [Google]
Yes......gif
2MB, 234x183px
>>730175513
>>
>>730175441
Kek, you fucking manlet

Try me again when you aren't a giant pusspuss

Also, I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry to have triggered you
>>
I like to drink when my anxiety kicks in, i dont know if id consider myself alcoholic though
>>
>>730174730
What do you grow there? Shit that wants to kill you?
>>
if you guys want to keep this thread alive you can join the discord I just made

>>
>>730175589
Picking up another 24 pack after one o dem and a jar of that sickly sweet shine they sell here in the States
>>
>>730175595
I don't need to look into phalacies. But if you're "drinking a pint a day" you don't have a problem, that's a fact.
>>
>>730175984
true
>>
>>730175639
This goyim gets it
>>
>>730175578
I know the owners by name. I've hung out with them before. Hell, I can run a tab at the liquor store if I needed to (I don't). I broke my ankle at the beginning of the year and was prescribed painkillers for two months straight, 12 Percocet per day for over 60 days. I didn't drink the whole time. As soon as I was released by the doctor and my opiates dried up, I transitioned back into drinking like I never left.
>>
>>730175220
at least i wont be an alcoholic loser. kek good luck.
>>
>>730175578
>but do you get comments from the workers?

used to feel kind of shameful about this because id go to the same place every day, 1-2 times a day and even though my addiction wasn't that much just anywhere from a pint of vodka to a 5th a day, i still felt bad buying liquor everyday lol
>>
>>730173302
No nobody gives a fuck. I lease an office from a business that does my accounting work and provides a secretary. When it hits 5 I pour a 4 roses single barrel and drink until I leave usually 6 and keep going untill 8
>>
>>730175154
>without getting severe anxiety and heart palpitations the next day.

that goes away the more you drink, i used to get that for a good year, then the hangovers kind of dim out or you get used to it or something.. once your tolerance is gone you get rekt the next day though lol
>>
>>730176180
Learning to spell will help, faggot.
>>
>>730175725
Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet apparently. I'm not at all threatened by you or your alcohol prowess either. Plus I'm the only 6'2" manlet you'll every meet.
>>
>>730166634
Been drinking regularly (6 days out of 7) for the last few weeks to deal with uni stress. It's just a bitch when you start building up tolerance for it so you don't get drunk as quickly
>>
>>730175612

5 fucking years sober, dude.. don't let your mind defeat you that easily, that's a major accomplishment, so you relapse, take a look at your ratio and you'll laugh at alcohol again. you're good man, tomorrow just kick it in the ass and let it go
>>
>>730176204
I just feel ashamed I go so early but i just get done work at 9 am. Always too tired and pissed off to talk much. The harder I work the harder I drink and justify it.

>>730176144
Ive just been afraid to miss work or have to see a doctor if I stop. I havnt tried so have no idea how hard it is.
>>
>>730176706
If you can't go 24 hours without withdrawing, like getting the shakes and shit, you'll need professional help for sure.
>>
>>730176706

all good man, i work 3rd shifts, a lot of people will buy alcohol at 7am right off the bat (given i dont buy at my work though)
>>
>>730176928
I am usually at liquor stores as soon as they open at 9 am. I see other people there who look much worse than me.

>>730176926
I have never tried 24 hours. I decided to not drink one day and caved sometime in the afternoon on the same day.
>>
Over the past 12 months my mother went from having a life threating blood clot to the resurfacing of her cancer (she was clear for 4 years). She went through chemo and numbers were amazing. Before her last treatment she devoloped sepsis that damaged her heart so bad she cannot have surgery. She was given one day about 4 weeks ago and yet hangs on, and while getting better, there is definate brain damage, and while she thinks shes getting better, a heated arguement could destroy her heart.

Oh as to why I drink I moved back in about 8 months ago to help dad with her care, and now I basically service her day and night, and I am including wiping her ass. This is not a great life.......... I kill half a 30 pack a day, and while that may not seem like a lot, I know my liver is going to give out some day........... sigh.
>>
https://discord.gg/RJCg2

get in here before the thread dies
>>
>>730176374
point out one word i spelled wrong in either of my post, illiterate-fag.
>>
>>730177522
i take 2 milk thistle pills a day for my liver... not sure if it will help but... i also never take tylenol.
>>
>>730177382
Crave or withdrawal?
>>
>>730178035
If I do pain meds, I tend to do asprin, which attacks the kidneys.
>>
>>730177783
"fuckin"
>>
>>730166634
>get in here and tell me about your life and how you are doing
Finishing my engineering BCs, so, overall, pretty good
>>
>>730178236

because that was a real crime, good thing you pointed that out duder
>>
>>730178320
You didn't ask him to point out "real crimes", only spelling mistakes. Silly American.
>>
>>730170728

Hahaha kamchatka brings me back. one of those a day. sometimes a tiny more than that. that's the cheapest of the cheap and it's actually not bad, sweeter than most vodka
>>
>>730170912
>gorilla warfare

also who're you talking to
>>
>>730171215

fuuuuck
>>
2 years clean. aa meetings once a week. never been healthier.
>>
>>730175033
It's okay fellow anon. It's gonna get better my friend.
>>
>>730178964
why do you go to AA if you're 2 years clean
>>
>>730177522
Man that's a tough situation , you're really doing good , just keep the good work, and dont drink too much.
>>
discord for us drunk folk

https://discord.gg/RJCg2
>>
>>730171920
Same here...
>>
>>730178964
what is AA like?
>>
>>730179526
I try to not to drink on days I work, but even then that only gets me so far............
>>
>>730166634
My life is going steady, just got through some tough times in my life, and I'm working on getting a job as an electrician
>>
>>730169456
sorry, bro.
>>
>>730170912
well this was randomly placed
>>
>>730181399
It's like every asshole with a shit life and drinkimg problem wants to be an electrician>>730181564
>>
File: 1472101871338.jpg (42KB, 960x936px) Image search: [Google]
1472101871338.jpg
42KB, 960x936px
>>730166634
Moved out and living alone. Dont want roomates after what I been through having them. I'd rather be alone but it does take a little to get used to. I guess as long as I keep myself occupied and take care of myself health-wise, I can do okay. I drink regularly though without an urge to stop. What I drink all depends Im feeling. Its nice to be out of my parents now so I guess im doing better than normal
>>
>>730181844
or a plumber.....
>>
https://youtu.be/XSABY9HzxRc

come in here

https://discord.gg/Tw6Ff
>>
>>730182048
i can't live any way aside from by myself

and it is nice to be away from parents generally when drinking so you don't have to hide it or disappoint them
>>
File: 1388391864777.jpg (25KB, 283x241px) Image search: [Google]
1388391864777.jpg
25KB, 283x241px
>>730183192
Yep. When I had to move back in and drank, I would normally finish beers or drinks quickly. My mother would notice it a lot and she would say "Did you finish that already?!"

It aint gonna drink itself. I am a heavy drinker because even a couple beers or a mix drink still wont be enough for me a lot of the times.
>>
>>730166634
4 months sober best choice I ever made. I feel great!
>>
File: 1489039650813.jpg (140KB, 741x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1489039650813.jpg
140KB, 741x1050px
> nice hot sunny day
> decide to go for bike ride
> pour beer into my water bottle
> climb to top of hill cranking hard
> get to summit and down entire water bottle
> coast down hill with buzz flying fast as fuck
> good times
>>
I was sober for 3 months and it was great but one anxiety attack later I'm right back on this shitty ride. How do you guys deal with withdrawls?
>>
>>730185296
dude i've been drinking non stop, most I stop for is like 2 or 3 days, don't know how to deal with withdrawal...
>>
>>730185764
been there man I'm 25 though and this shit sucks how do I get off this ride??
>>
>>730185896
fuck idk dude I'm 22 myself, I haven't tried stopping alcohol completely, I hear it can straight up kill you, you have to take it easy
>>
>>730186060
If you drink bottles daily it can kill you but it's rare You will be fine to quit cold turkey I've done it plenty of times. I have mad anxiety and refuse to see a doctor about it though. You can stop if you put your mind to it. I stop by laying in bed all fucking day trying not to die after the second day I feel fucking great.
>>
>>730186060
Try and get the flu you will stop lol
>>
>35
>Live at home
>Drink 12-18 beers a night between 10pm and 2pm
>Mom sick and old, can't even feed herself well
>I'm stuck taking care of her
>She sleep from 9pm - 6am
>Wake up at 6am to help her eat, get clean, dressed, and ready for a day of sitting around
>Repeat daily for past three years
>I hate my life
>>
>>730185896
>>730186379
>>730186522
>>730186735
guys thread is about to get prunned get in the discord:

https://discord.gg/th7Y2
>>
>>730181844
I never said my life was shit, I just said that I went through some tough times, I was about 19 when they started, and now I'm 21
>>
>>730183831
You too, huh, what's your drink of choice?
>>
>>730185764
I drink heavy, but it's only once a month when I'v got time to myself
>>
So you recomend not to start drinking?
>>
>>730188248

yeah just smoke pot. Good weed not shit level.
>>
discord for when this tread dies:

https://discord.gg/th7Y2
>>
>>730168372
Aloe Vera juice I was like that sober no best dicision I ever made!>>730166634
If you want to be sober confident an feel great about yourself start doing Brazilian jiu-jitsu (jiujitsu)
>>
>>730185296
Push through pizza or great food camomile tea (jiujitsu)
>>
>>730166634
Life sucks fucking dick. But currently found some solace so I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts. About to fuck a pretty chubby girl too but fuck it. I'm drunk and idc :^)
>>
>>730188641
Thank you.
>>
>>730172034
I'm the same, anon. I can go a few days to a week and change without a drop of alcohol, but as soon as I touch a cup, I keep finding excuses (internally) to keep it filled no matter how much I drink, until it's time for me to sleep or until I feel like throwing up.

Yes it's still alcoholic.
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.