[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foreigner visiting here. I have a question to all Americans

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

Foreigner visiting here.

I have a question to all Americans here:

why do you thank your military people when you see them and treat them with so much respect? aren't they getting paid a salary and get benefits and it's an easier more stable job right out of high school ?

I don't understand this American phenomena
>>
They risk their lives for being the world's police.

Also it is not mandatory like some countries. Some people actually hate our military/police force in America too.
>>
>>729905141

this isnt even good b8 why would you hate someone for salary and benefits
>>
>>729905263
This

Those boys are willing to risk not seeing their loved ones again when they serve. So respect is in order. I understand why people hate them though
>>
>>729905432
Like literally every other country then
>>
>>729905141

This is something that started during and after WWII to make people feel better about conscription.
Basically young people without any higher education (or money to get one) are lured into the military.

Used as puppets in a bigger game, some of them are disabled or die in vain.

The ones that do get through it, maybe with mental or physical disabilities, need to be convinced that they did the "right thing", so they will get good benefits and a paid higher education.

It's all corporate military propaganda.

/thread
>>
>>729905740

something like this
>>
>>729905740
That's pretty much it.
>>
it's propaganda
>>
>>729905141
just murrican stupidity
like clapping everywhere, tipping, singing the anthem, flags everywhere, meal sizes and electing horrible people.
>>
>>729905141
Tits
>>
File: worst-tattoos-ever-america.jpg (41KB, 400x581px) Image search: [Google]
worst-tattoos-ever-america.jpg
41KB, 400x581px
>>729905141
there is no explaining to the retarded ways of the americans
>>
>>729905141
after the civil war, returning soldiers were revered in the north for being the morally superior side and in the south for defending the racist lifestyle.
after WWI no one really gave a shit.
after WWII everyone was either a soldier, a worker, or a dick head so they all had a certain level of respect for the military.
Same with Korea.
Viet Nam is when people started to hate the military so they restructured, dropped the draft, and started their PR campaign to make people like them again.
Now it's a volunteer service so some people revere them for defending western civilization while others think they're fucking retarded for doing the bidding of white businessmen and other assorted assholes.
>>
>>729905263
>>729905432
Some of us don't even hate them; we just refuse to treat them like gods.

If it is appropriate to the situation, I will shake your hand and thank you for you service, but you're still just as equal a citizen to this country as I am. I refuse to cowtow to any of your whims just because you strut around in your uniform and expect to be treated like a king for it. Doing so is a disgrace to the service that you actually provide for this country.
>>
>>729905740
Maybe being in combat is the greatest thrill of life and once you have a taste of that civilian life is just boring. Doesn't matter whose fighting or why, some people like it just like some people like living in the basement and cumming into jars that has a MLP toy in it.
>>
Americans soldiers haven't fought to protect our freedom in over 150 years.
>>
>>729905141
If they're not infantry or combat related fuck em. It's not that hard if you're just doing computer work in the desert in air conditioning.
>>
>>729905141
It's called patriotism, something europoors will never understand.
>>
>>729907823
You're a sucker
>>
>>729907467
>implying they're no gun nuts
>implying they're no welfare queens
>implying they're no hormone controlled weird beings that just like to kill
>service for the country
pah
everyone i've seen in the past years just did it because
- awkward
- my dad was so i must too
- i'd find no job
- free healthcare
- muh freedoms
- muh edumacation
- benefits
- i'd like to kill things
any and all milfags are totally retarded
the mil complex pays billions to hide the fact they're totally unnecessary, and to multiply dollar notes (not value!).
>>
>>729907750

Yeah, I guess if you're a nigger. They haven't done much of anything useful in more like 50 years than 150.
>>
>>729905141
I don't, I treat them like normal people
>>
>>729905141
no, actually they're getting buttfucked from beginning to the end in most cases. There's a few more perks than a regular job but it's really close to the same thing, and you have to risk your life.

Nice bait
>>
>>729906896
>other countries don't have anthems
>>
Nice tits
>>
>>729908123
>He thinks they were fighting for the right side in WWI and WWII
>>
>>729908296
no country needs the people to sing the anthem that often
except north korea of course.
and don't forget the flags.
every fucking where, those fucking flags
and people standing around it, looking into the sky, one hand holding a tit, singing like in church.
go, find such a situation anywhere else in a developed first world country
>developed first world country
oh wait.
nevermind
>>
>>729908237
Most won't risk their life. Not every single person in the military sees combat. Most will not even be within 50 miles of an actual battlefield. Most are fuck ups but not all. Helps teaches values to take with you when you get your DD-214. I think everyone should serve a little bit like IDF and then get out. We would have better values and integrity as a nation than letting absent fathers and the state do it.

>inb4 the state and military are the same.
>>
>>729905141
>>729905740

This is largely true, but considering there is no conscription atm, all the soldiers you see are volunteers. With no volunteers, there would be conscription.

So yes, I am thankful to the military for doing a job I don't want to do. I'm also thankful for coal workers, etc. Any kind of physical, awful job that I don't want to do, I'm thankful someone else volunteered to do it for me.

I'm especially thankful to soldiers because I really don't want to be one.
>>
>>729905141
Their pay is pretty dang low. Plus they become property of the government. They give up alot of freedoms so us civilians can keep ours
>>
Whose tits? Name...
>>
>>729905141
Guilt over how we mistreated Vietnam veterans.
>>
>>729909316
compared to what though ? McDonald's ?

because at 18 straight out of high school fast food worker or military are pretty much your only choices while going through college....
>>
>>729905141
Lol I was in the Army for nine years. I have done three deployments in that time and I wonder the exact same thing.
>>
>>729907889
You're an internet loudmouth. A keyboard ranger. You'll live on your knees with you cum dumpster wide open. Why don't you walk up to any service man and let them know what a true badass is? Because you are a shit stain on the fabric of life!
>>
>>729905641
Tell hate to China, NK, Vietnam etc
>>
>>729914242
>You'll live on your knees
Funny to have that come from someone who signed up for servitude. Do you know what irony is?
>>
>>729908117
this
>>
>>729914242
Just because you think you're a badass doesn't mean you're not also a shit stain also. The fact is that your service meant nothing and you years in the military were years pissed away.
>>
>>729909011
Got your back, anon.
>>
>>729905641
No it is not like every other country. Americans actually show up in conflict zones and in emergency situations world wide. I have never seen some other country leading the way ever. Natural disaster, American military is there to help. Most other countries don't do shit.
>>
>>729914575
We show up in the conflict zones where we have a vested economic interest. Don't pretend that we do it because we're the moral high ground.
>>
>>729906896
What shit hole do you call home kid?
>>
>>729907823
>Patriotism
>Implying such an explaination is anything but laughable
>>
I fucking hate Europeans.
>>
>>729907889
Fucking candy ass
>>
>>729914701
lol..sadly we do show up where we do not have a vested interest in often. I would prefer we do not.
>>
>>729914575
Cuban. Doctors.
>>
>>729914852
Subservient dog.
>>
It's too bad people in the military seem to get brainwashed into thinking all orders are absolute.
I might have more respect for them if they weren't unthinking drones for the largest part.
>>
>>729914353
Well then, why does your mother not swallow? Probably because her dick isn't long enough to suck it. You worthless fuckstick
>>
The other hilarious thing is this 'veteran' shit. Most of them get deployed to large military cities where they have McDonalds and Burger King, cinemas and bowling alleys. They spend short stints never leaving these areas then go back to the US and are classed as time-served veterans.

Most of them have never seen the country outside of the city let alone seen action.

They are a large military, but they are terribly trained, but most of the US populace swallow this shit and thing they are an all-conquering World Police.

They've never picked a fight with anyone other than peasants.

Fraudsters.
>>
>>729914504
Your mother is a ugly whore.
>>
>>729915125
Coward
>>
>>729914242
>>729914852
>>729915546
>>729915668
Samefagging is the lowest form of shitposting.
>>
>>729915499
If they weren't unthinking drones they wouldn't be cut out for military service.
>>
>>729905432
"Serve"
>>
>>729915961
Makes you think about the military complex as a whole, huh?
>>
>>729914575
Wow .... you ate so fucking deluded
>>
>>729915499
That's the entire point of it, if everyone thought for themselves it wouldn't be a military
>>
>>729905263
You mean they risk their lives being the West's terrorists? They've started more wars than they've helped prevent.
>>
>>729915641
We probably kicked the shit out of your shit hole cuntry
>>
>>729916417
This.
>>
>>729915781
Eat your mom's cock. You little bitch
>>
>>729916496
You've never kicked the shit out of anyone. You're fat dads in stretch sportsgear talking shit. You're a joke to the rest of the world.
>>
>>729916496
Like what country?
>>
>>729907823
Patriotism was born in Europe. It was used as a way to get peasants to pay taxes without revolting.
>>
>>729916595
Touched a nerve I see. Must be hard to be told that your time in the military did no good and meant nothing to anybody.
>>
>>729905141
tits or gtfo
>>
So many people talking shit don't seem to understand military life isn't best you're a janitor with benefits everything's always your fault and if you fuck up on something stupid you lose months to years worth of work. On top of that you have whiny liberals who'd rather just stay home smoke and say the military is owned by businesses to make them money, let's have a game /b/ get rid of any technology that was made for military advancements and see how great your standards of living are. I bet you fags are the same cucks going around complaining about guns and throwing stupid conspiracies about government and police being tyrannical.

Literally you're all a hive mind of those fags that go around complaining about a non politician president who's been in for less than 4 months please kill yourself
>>
>>729908603
I love my country, and wish to show respect to it for the things and opportunities it has provided to me. Is that strange to you?
>>
>>729918141
Have fun getting an appointment at the VA.
>>
>>729917160
The fuck?
>>
>>729917185
It meant something to me. Am I anybody?
>>
>>729918296
I'm against the military in most aspects but the shit with the VA isn't really bad except for veterans complaining that they have to be on a waiting list to get an eye exam for glasses or that they have to wait two weeks to see a dentist. The VA is luxury item given to people who made shitty choices when they were tricked into joining the military when they were young and pissed off and would have been better being welfare queens without rifles then with them. I have family that were in Vietnam and I won't say thank you but if someone was drafted I'd have some respect that they got a raw deal. I won't thank someone just because they were in the military because most people are shitty people and that goes for military members except they were shitty people who sort of wanted to kill other people
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.