[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >social anxiety and depression >easter >have

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: 1490848469866.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490848469866.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>be me
>social anxiety and depression
>easter
>have family over
>they're all upstairs eating dinner and being happy
>i'm sitting in my basement browsing /b/ and listening to nightcore
>feelsbadman

atleast i'll always have you /b/ros
>>
>>729404796
>nightcore

listen to better music senpai
>>
>>729404796
dont you think you're missing out?
you could go upstairs and just share a meal?
>>
lol fag
>>
>>729405042
easier said than done my dude
>>729404959
recommendations?
>>729405079
true bro
>>
>>729404796
Ye I have the same. Outside i'm a different person. All these years nobody still couldn't find out of my depression and social anxiety. But with my easter dinner I went upstairs in 1 min. I just feel empty and not even a real human anymore. This is what years of low selfasteme, selfhate, depression, everyday anxiety. Death is yet to scary, as an atheist it feels pretty dark and lonely. Why is it so hard to do the first step to find help? For fuck sakes
>>
>>729405235
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz2uCPxPZqW3-zKStW1H93DTngEqDQp_M
>>
>>729404796
If you have anxiety/autism how do you even have family over? Did they invite themselves over, and you slid away to the basement? Or you live with your folks and they invited ppl over?
>>
>>729404796
Lol kys
>>
Social anxiety and depression are imaginary illnesses my dude, I know because I overcame both. All you need is willpower and resilience to overcome them. Having good friends don't hurt.
>>
>>729404796
Wtf is nitecore? Dont post youtube clips, fuck that, in your own words, wtf is nitecore?
>>
>>729405989
This guy is right
>>
>>729405989
I suffer from both badly, theres a part of me that believes you though
>>
>>729405989
Imaginary illnesses.. yea that's one way of calling it. It's not about overcoming it, it's about getting your head straight to live with yourself. I still need to find the logical key to unwire the madness in my brain.
>>
>>729405989
I'm pretty sure that's why it's a mental illness. Either you can't or don't want to change because you don't have the resilience or willpower.
>>
>>729404796
I usded to do this tbf. I'm confident but I figure it's easier to just be on my own, Just try to get rich, you'll have plenty of time seeing as you don't have a social life. Chasing paper is actually really quite fun, It'll help your anxiety too.
>>
>>729404796
You say this as if you dont have an option to go be social and feel better about yourself, here you are feeling bad for yourself and choosing to do nothing.

At least im at my girlfriend's parents for easter and browsing /b/ when i go out for a smoke. Now i feel like a confident normie compared to you.
>>
>>729405574
Just do it bro, once you'll have the first step done, the rest is way easier to go through. Talking it out and growing out of it will make you feel way better. Stay strong dude
>>
>>729405989
You think it's imaginary once you grew out of it but I highly doubt it is.

Lacking willpower and self-esteem is an illness in itself. It's not because it's not a physical opened fracture that it's not an "illness" my dude
>>
>>729406410
Men It's so funny. I will post a summary about me. Probably people won't give a shit like always. But i'm at a pretty low point anyways so why not
>>
Act like every day is your last, because it actually could be. Someone being an asshole? Spit on his fucking face. See someone you have similar interests with and wanna be friends with/want to date? Go right up to their face and start talking. You'll become better at socializing the more often you do it. Anxiety? Realize that a lot of the shit you worry about is pretty unlikely. Just don't give a fuck about anything, be happy and carefree.
>>
>>729405235
it's literally not
>turn off computer
>walk upstairs
>greet people
>eat and be happy
>>
>>729406391
Wow talk yourself up homo
>>
>>729405235
Easyer to wallow than to make a change in your life
>>
>>729406658
I was writing a whole story but fuck that. It's just that for me the shame of telling my story to someone I know is now way to big. Because of social anxiety I cannot go to a doctor (Had one meeting in my life, was to scared after that) Because of my depression I don't have the energy to see it in a positive way. The only thing I have going for me is that I didn't fail my school/job because of my fear of failing. Couple of my friends are going to a hard time, so now I feel i'm just "another one" not feeling good.

I just want to slice open my wrists and smear the blood on my face while I look in my parents eyes and ask them why they didn't see it before.
>>
>>729407446
One positive thing is that I can see myself as an artist and just smoke some weed until I die. But how you explain to the people around you that you want to go from a wellpayed job (#normallife) to a homeless loser who wants to enjoy the simple things
>>
>>729404796
At least you're able to be home with your family. go upstairs man. trust me, your day will be a lot better.
>>
>>729407446
EVERYONE has anxiety. You have clearly made no attempt to help yourself at all. You deserve all the suffering you get.
>>
>>729407446
Don't be ashamed, especially here on b dude
Use your fears to outgrow the rest of your negativity. You had success once you can still get shit done. The important step is the first one. Pick something and do it wether it's going to the hair dresser, the doctor, the shopping mall, etc. Just do it like Shia the jew said!

As soon as you'll start doing something you'll feel way better about your shitty life believe me.

Don't mix your life's friends with yours, start focusing on your own goal and do something about it everyday. Just fucking do it anon. People cares weather or not we believe it hehe
>>
>>729407650
Arghhh fuck dude, you nailed it right on the head. Maybe not being homeless, but even just stocking shelves in my local supermarket, just to go home stress free to do the things youre passionate about, whether its art or music or whatever, and yea, to smoke weed without having to worry about fucking drug tests
>>
>>729407819
Nicely said.
>>
>>729407860
How close minded are you that you cannot per-sieve the idea that I tried to help myself. It's just the culture around me that there's no room for mental illness. And because I'm just a normal guy, good grades, good relationships etc. I always talked myself out of getting help. Now I see I'm a bit late. It's also that with feeling depressed you don't want to get help. You are just trying not to kill yourself
>>
>>729407860
Wow, vindictive much?
>>
>>729407650
I went from about 90k a year to 10k a year because I hated the highly stressed business life if we can say so. Now I'm doing way less working on my own small ventures but I'm starting to feel way better. Everything is way easier when it's down to its simplest expression. Don't think about the opinion of others just fucking do it for you.

Everyone will go through that kind of shit at some level, we just have to kick ourself in the ass and outgrow that shitty situation. I know lots of fellow anon who's going through similar atm
>>
>>729408183
Japan?
>>
>>729408183
Its never too late...until it is. STOP PROCRASTINATING FAG
>>
>>729408183
I used to feel like this about only 6 months ago... Until I started talking about me to people, and started to get some help in a few different ways. You sound like a wise person, you'll do just fine anon!
>>
>>729408236
Wow, incorrect use of vindictive. This guy has a decent sounding life which he is purposely squandering and being pathetic about it at the same time. You fags enabling this sort of behavior is why our generation is so fucked.
>>
>>729408420
Aint no one gonna do it for you
>>
>>729408063
Ye you are right. Stupid thing is that this is always a dejafu moment. I have realized before that I was doing permanent damage to my head by putting so much pressure on it. It's just in human nature to wait until it's going really bad. I'm thinking of telling my parents (again) that's not going good with me. It's just so stupid because where I live (netherlands) it's all so good. I have many open doors, good education. I could do so many things to mix with society. But first need to get my head cleared. This is just madness. But thanks for the nice words. You could also just have said "Cancer faggot an hero already". PS: I have been here for like 7 years. But just posted a handfull posts, more of a lurker.
>>
File: 1491894119412.jpg (34KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1491894119412.jpg
34KB, 526x526px
>>729408183
OP here, more or less in the same exact boat as you /b/ro. it fucking sucks, but hang in there dude. even if you can't bring yourself to get help, keep on holding it together and don't let everything completely fall apart. there's still opportunity for things to get better. that's the type of attitude i try to have, even when things are shitty and it feels like i've hit rock bottom.
>>
>>729408510
No not at all. It can mean more than just revenge, ie rude, aggressive, ill disposed, bitter. Basically what you wrote. So big gay "WoW" right back at you fag. And 2, we're not enabling him, we're trying to get him out of the basement and preferably to a dr. Just dont have to be beta ass holes about like yourself.
>>
>>729408273
Good for you man. Everybody is different, but I think you need indeed look at your everyday stress/hapiness levels. And all those modern distractions can fog this feeling. I feel this is something I need to do too. But if I ever wanna leave my parents place I first need to stop spending on weed and safe more of my job money :)

>>729408420
I know i know goddammit

>>729408423
Thanks man I hope so. Just don't think to easily about this. You cannot just cleanly escape depression. It may return, but when you have a clear battle plan now when your head is clear, you can be ready. Just work on it a little bit i guess

>>729408658
There where sooooo many times I wanted to just let it all fall. Just spew it out. Demolish my room or whatever. But for as of right now I'm still clean. Nobody knows.. only me. That's also a good feeling. Thanks man hope you defeat this too! We are just humans in a complicated world where overthinking can be your death.
>>
File: 404.jpg (166KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
404.jpg
166KB, 600x337px
>>
>>729409291
learn 2 English idiot.
>>
You guys have been so nice. Just an anonymous way with bro's who I know have some sort of connection. Here are some songs I listen to when feeling down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hji4gBuOvIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcronNowm78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5nnLzeBZK0
>>
I think depression is something you have to wait out. You cant exercise out of it. Eating healthy helps a hell of a lot. Ive been down for 18months or so, now I find it slowly lifting, it tries to come back every now and then, but I can spot it and fight it now. My next goal is exercising again, I believe if I can do that I will beat it.
>>
>>729410340
Yea that sounds like a good game plan. I also eat healthy for some years now, and also enough (that's also important). I walk/bike everday but for me doing something that's not something I would normally do is for now impossible. I guess that comes from a part that I find it very important what close people to me think of me. That feeling is holding me hostage.
>>
>>729410860
Ahhh so its being judgemental thats bringing u down dude, judgemental of yourself and judgemental of others too Im guessing. Thats where you gotta let it all blow in to the wind man. Let it go. Who cares? Dont judge yourself, you are who you are, youre fighting your battle, nevermind anyone else, everyones fighting their own battle too.
>>
>>729407100
>lol just go
not op but do you have social anxiety anon ?
>>
can relate. been socially anxious for 9 years and did some CBT therapy. feeling slightly better now.

it's all in our beliefs, thinking patterns, etc.. those are the things we need to work on.

op is welcome to discuss this in private, as explaining all of this in 1 post would take ages. just let me know.
>>
>>729411589
Well I see that different. If I'm outside I act like I don't give a shit (i'm a pretty good actor) but because I have this a long time I see that all my actions where based around fear and depression. I have zero new friend groups, any outside hobbies any outside places I could go to. I only have work and some friends now. So I could just not give a fuck, but a lot of damage has already been done. And why I didnt do anything earlier is that judging yourself is also a good way. I have a very strong self-perception and analyse everything and everyone. I can't just turn this of. But I get your point, also when you are alone you just need to not giving a fuck
>>
>>729404796
>Listening to nightcore
>Havent taken his own life yet
you know you have to do it OP there is no other way
>>
bunch of whiny entitled fucks in this thread. A genuinely depressed person wouldn't be posting on /b/ about their illness. CRAWWWWLINGG IN MY SKINNNN. Real depression leaves you unable to move or function.
>>
>>729405574
No body can help you bro. Except yourself.

Get out of your comfort zone. That's what makes life so exciting
>>
>>729408651
You see? Already thinking about possibilities! That's the way to go. Talking about it to someone who you know won't talk shit about it to you and will be there to listen understand without judgement. I felt the same a few months ago and I thought nice words would help better than CANCER FAGGOT AN HERO ALREADY! XD hehehe mostly lurker too, I started posting when I felt I was done with life and had nothing to lose... nowadays weirdly enough I feel way better, not amazingly great but good enough to go out work in public places on my laptop, go get some help, talk to people, have a girlfriend without stalking or trying to control her, not feeling guilt about my family all the time, etc. There's so much stuff to put on our own shoulder but we gotta learn to stop putting so much weight and stress on ourselves. It feels good sometimes just to know there's people out there feeling the same as you do. Keep it up!

>>729409583
haha I feel the same about weed, I pay almost as much as my rent in weed monthly. which I feel pathetic about

I agree about the fact that it can return, depression is a sneaky bastard. I also agree about the plan, it's all about knowing how to get yourself back into the right place, get help when needed, etc. Wise words anon
>>
I think most of us here suffer from varying degrees of depression and anxiety. Over the past week ive been experiencing the worst anxiety of my life because i've been forced to move out of my own place and back to my mom's. I was utterly freaking out 24/7 about what I should do, how I should do it, and simply dwelling on the shittiness of my shitty situation. Couldnt eat, couldnt sleep, couldnt even play vidja, etc.

Eventually i got up, started packing and keeping myself busy. . It didnt make me feel much better, but doing something felt better than doing nothing.

Yesterday I finally got all my shit into mom's, got decently organized, and finally started to relax. I'm still not happy with my life, but i feel a whole lot better than before because I actually got shit together and did something on my own.

Basically OP, please do YOURSELF a favor and TRY to do something for yourself. Getting up and doing it, like calling a therapist (also something i did lately) can be very anxiety inducing and scary, but when you actually do it, you realize it wasnt that bad and that youre capable of things you werent even aware of.

So OP. Go do something for yourself. And then try to keep that momentum going. Much love, and good luck.
>>
>>729412914
Wow you so hardcore
>>
>>729412953
Thanks man, I do have the feeling I know a lot about myself and the way people think. It just accumulated over the years that it's a little bit too much right now. And yea I too feel guilty about buying so much weed. But it's just a balance I try to keep of negative stuff and positive stuff. With weed mostly on the positive side. :) Hope you find yourself one day wondering that it has been months that the last time you where getting dragged down below.
>>
File: 1492365085920.gif (1MB, 325x203px) Image search: [Google]
1492365085920.gif
1MB, 325x203px
>>729413426
Better than wallowing in self pity and looking for reassurance on an anonymous messaging board.
>>
>>729413592
And you are here why exactly.. ?
>>
File: 1490487583970.jpg (73KB, 601x623px) Image search: [Google]
1490487583970.jpg
73KB, 601x623px
>>729412914
omg u a doctor my man?
>>
>>729413875
Its good to be able to spot someone who is truly in need of help, as apposed to someone who just cant be asked to help themselves. The latter of which is just a drain on society.
>>
>>729413216
Good that you overcome that feeling and actually did it. But some things aren't as quickly fixable as that. Working is about years just like other problems. It's more about how you deal with problems and that you try to maintain a normal stresslevel.
>>
>>729413875
He likes to see other people feeling shitty and frustrated with themselves so it makes him feel better about his own life when he shits all over them.
>>
>>729414054
Go pretend to be suicidal in a windmill.
>>
>>729414249
Telling someone to grow the fuck up and be thankful for what they have isnt shitting all over them. If they are gunna attach a faux sob story to their clearly not that bad lives. Then that's their shitty prerogative.
>>
>>729414171
If ur the same person: are you really that retarded? Yes ok you can state that I'm trying to find reassurance, but that's just because I'm at a low point. Like I fucking do this everyday. If I had any other option I would fucking do it. But he here we are. So or contribute something useful, or stfu. We are not all whiny bitches in there 14th year because of puber problems.
>>
>>729414190
>>729414190
At that point it becomes more about one's threshold of dealing with The Suck, or even being physically FORCED to do it like how I was being forced to move.
>>
>>729413556
Dude, I feel we're the same person. I'm from Canada btw. You just gotta learn to vent out as life go on and not keeping it all inside and blow a fuse once every few years :P I always thought about the people around me but never wondered how I felt in the mean time... a few years down the road I almost lost my mind until I realized that all that I had was myself so better start loving myself right now. So I started working out, lost 40+ pounds so far and started going out gradually a bit more. 4 months later I feel way better, and when I look into the mirror I stopped seeing a bit fat ugly mess which is also nice. You're also able to do this. 6 months before I thought my life was over, I felt like a 50 years old crappy old dad and now I feel like a real person again.

>>729414268
Ohhhh niceeee I love you bro, btw how do I kill myself using a windmill? Seems a bit tedious
>>
>>729414717
I thought you were the dutch guy, go pretend to be suicidal in a mounted police..uniform? I guess
>>
Real depression has no cure
>>
>>729405989
If they're fake, what was there to overcome?
Depression could be caused by a multitude of things, one of those could be a chemical imbalance, which you cannot overcome with willpower.
Brain injuries can also cause depression, and you cannot will(over)power those.

tl;dr, fuck off, you aren't helping anyone, just making fags feel worse.
>>
>>729414856
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha A+ for creativity
>>
>>729415179
Like anything anyone says in here will help anyone. If they're too pathetic to help themselves they never will. People who lived through WWII would be sickened by this sort of behavior.
>>
File: 1489344050838.jpg (94KB, 533x496px) Image search: [Google]
1489344050838.jpg
94KB, 533x496px
>>729414717
Ye I think we are :) I'm from the netherlands btw. But yes loving yourself is also a big part of this. Because if you love yourself you can undertake stuff. Like you did with your weight. I have to say that I maybe had an unrealistic view of what a normal person is. I always thought I was so fu dumb (still think I am), but with my job going very well it starts to crumble a little bit. But still think this is gonna take years. And right now that's all to overwhelming. But that feeling of a 50 year old man is something I can relate too :) But more in a life energy kind of way.
>>
>>729405989
free will doesn't exist though so if you're predetermined to not be able to overcome depression it doesn't matter how much willpower you have
>>
>>729415558
Do us all a favour and ffffuuuuuck offfff.
>>
>>729416221
No like pretend depression, I will haunt you forever.
>>
>>729415685
Thats not quiet true though, yes free will doesnt exist in classic physics, but in quantum physics it does. So its a 50/50
>>
>>729416377
At least that one was half funny
>>
Well i'm gonna smoke a fattie outside. Thanks for all the comments and I must say i'm thinking a bit different now. I will recheck later.
>>
>>729416695
Peace brother. You can do it!
>>
>>729416695
>weed will only ever exacerbate depression.
>weed is for mentally stable people.
>>
>>729415581
There's not a "standard" type of person, everybody is different. People who are "normal" just learnt earlier to love themselves I guess.

We all believe we are stupid, that's bad self-esteem. Believe about you are the only one who can provide the value you provide to your clients/employer/peers/etc. It might take a year or two but the whole process will be a great one where you'll meet people and learn about yourself stuff that you wouldn't have ever believed. Just gotta have some trust in life. I'm not religious or anything so when it comes to "believing in something" it's pretty hard, so I guess it comes down to believing in yourself after all. Don't think about the years it will take, think about today. What can you do right now to improve the situation? That's what you have to focus on, tomorrow is another story so is next year. I'm glad we can relate, I must admit it also makes me feel better :) Believe in yourself, I'm sure you have a bunch of qualities nobody else have, so are every other anons in here!
>>
File: tZLwxUV.png (864KB, 630x737px) Image search: [Google]
tZLwxUV.png
864KB, 630x737px
>>729405235
>>
>>729418193
go away /mu/
>>
>>729418746

i don't usually come here but this poor fuck was listening to fucking nightcore and taking recommendations so why not post the most entry level albums from /mu/
>>
File: 1492350073363.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1492350073363.png
37KB, 1127x685px
OP here, love you all. <3
>>
>>729417572
Hey, thought would take a last peek again, but must say I'm pretty touched by your comment. That part about today and not in years is a bit of a cliche but that doesn't make it less true. Just have to find a way to tunnel my thoughts more instead of going in never ending cycles. And if that comes down to going to a psychiatrist or taking meds then so be it. But first have a shot myself. Hope I don't go back into circles later, but try to remember more that you need to break out of that kind of thing. Some food for though I would say :) Thanks again and have a good fight yourself.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.