[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pack a day smoker, first day quitting. Convince me not to

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: cig.jpg (16KB, 1023x576px) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
16KB, 1023x576px
Pack a day smoker, first day quitting.
Convince me not to go get a pack /b/.
>>
>>729266719
do you wanna be confined to a wheelchair or die of lung cancer before 60? if so, fuck it, buy a carton. I dont care.
>>
>>729266800
First time I'm hearing about the wheelchair thing, and I've known people who've smoked their whole lives and not gotten cancer.
Fuckk I want to smoke.
>>
Fuck it nigga life's a risk
>>
you would have died.
>>
>>729266886
Yeah man I take Adderall for my ADHD too so it makes me want to smoke like a motherfucker.
>>
>>729266903
Would I have though?
>>
>>729266848
It all depends on the person, there was a documentary about a lady whose lungs were so degraded she was confined to a wheelchair because she literally could not walk because she would run out of breath
>>
>>729266719
nah im just gonna light a smoke instead.
>>
>>729266719
Don't go buy a pack OP, it's a waste of money.
>>
Killed my sister. Left a kid. Brutal to watch her die, took two years.
>>
>>729266935
You and I are in the same exact boat, just be careful about your heart man. I'm on a little break because I think the adderall was fucking with my heart and smoking definitely contributes because you don't realize how stimulated you're getting while you're on addy. I'd buy a pack and just try to discipline yourself and ween off if you want to really quit
>>
>>729266719
You will die anyway. Just buy one fucking pussy
>>
>>729267136
Yeah that's what I think I'm going to do, I'm going to get an app for my phone and just try to wean off them.
>>
>>729267002
I'm super healthy otherwise so I don't think that would be an issue for me, I used to be very active in sports in high school.
>>
File: SmokingsGreat.jpg (41KB, 306x423px) Image search: [Google]
SmokingsGreat.jpg
41KB, 306x423px
>>729266719
why should we give a fuck if you want to spend the rest of your misarable life inhaling cigs though the blowhole in your throat
>>
>>729267340
in high school. Stop lying to yourself and quit smoking, faggot.
>>
>>729267399
Fuck dude that image is probably the number one reason I want to quit.
>>
Does anyone know statistics for percentage of smokers who get lung cancer/throat cancer/mouth cancer?
>>
8 year smoker who quits for a few months every year.

Just don't man. If the urge is really getting to you go buy the gum, or even dip. (Although try to get off dip within a months time if you start).

It's expensive, it makes you dick not work, it makes you smell, it causes illness, and people generally don't fucking like it
>>
>>729266719
Nurse here

Everybody knows about cancer and so on, but that's actually not what I'd be worried about. What I used to see on a daily basis was COLD/COPD. It's basically like asthma, but worse and it only affects smokers.

You know these old folks walking around with their oxygen masks? That's usually COPD.

Not able to find a good video of an emergency tho.

Just imagine you have trouble breathing all the time.
>>
>>729266800
30% of human cancer cases are the type that smoking can cause
of these cancers only 30% of their incidence is attributed to smoking.

so only 9% of cancer cases are caused directly from smoking (according to diagnosis's)

more than half of lung cancer cases are in people who have never smoked.
being a fat ass is just as, if not more, unhealthy than smoking a pack a day.
>>
>>729267748
Thank you
When does COPD usually develop?
>>
>>729266719
It'll make your dick soft
>>
brb smoking a cig t. op
>>
>>729267908
lmao actually same, these fucking kool menthols I just picked up literally make everything better. nothing beats taking a quick break from daily life. especially that first cig of the day is heaven.
>>
>>729267908
>>729268017
Lmao fuck you guys
>>
>>729267841
dunno tbh, where I worked it was only older people, but really a lot of them.
Just looked it up and in the US alone there's 16 million patients.

But if you really want to stop smoking talk to your doctor, you might need medical support if you go from 1 pckg/day to 0 at all.

Nicotine patches or antidepressants are sometimes necessary to get to a long term result
>>
how long did it take you guys to get addicted?

i've smoked weed almost daily (with tobacco coz UK fag) for 2.5 years and never got addicted. when i stopped with the weed I always smoked cigarettes on nights out and drunk which was like half a pack to myself each night 2 nights a month.. now i just smoke tobacco roll ups when i drink which is more often (3/4 times a month) (coz student life) but i do go through quite a bit each time.

never had any urges to smoke cigarettes or felt withdrawals w/e
>>
>>729267841
when you're old...unless you're in your 70's I wouldn't worry about it. my grandmother smoked for 30+ years and ended up getting it when she was 82.
>>
>>729268017
Noob u should quit being a faggot n never stop smoking i hope u die
>>
>>729267841
Not the same person but copd wouldn't generally develop until old age like maybe around your 50s or so.
>>
>>729268126
I take Adderall so I don't know what would interfere with that or not
I'll probably talk to my doc but he doesn't know I smoke lol, he's a family doctor so I would feel like I'm disappointing him as fucking stupid as that sounds
>>
>>729268131
Once I was prescribed Adderall probably like a week man
I quit weed too when I was prescribed so I switched to cigs
>>
>>729268083
There's no point in just quitting cold turkey, you can taper down you know. That way you're not miserable. Your health isn't going to decline in a months time or two. You have a better success anyway of quitting, that's how I did it. I couldn't imagine just stopping cold turkey.
>>
>>729268247
How much do people who develop COPD typically smoke?
>>
>>729268405
I'm staying with my parents for the holiday weekend so I figured it would be a good time to quit, they don't know I smoke at all
>>
>>729268295
Lel have you lied to him? He'll be slightly annoyed and then move on, I think he's seen worse ;-)
>>
>>729268480
Last time I visited him was when he prescribed me Adderall and I didn't smoke at the time, so I haven't lied to him lol
>>
when i quit smocking 10 years ago, i started saving the money for the pack i used to smock every day. at the end of the months i would just blow that shit on something ridiculous, which was always cheering me up not to smoke. i never smoked a cigaret after that, but sometimes i smoke some weed.
for you OP, i think the best option is to kys though, faggot
>>
The ban on tobacco is actually an attempt by the medical industry and industrialized nations to cover up the fact that pollution and smog are actually the cause of of lung cancer. Tobacco actually has antibiotic properties and if you feel like you should smoke, you probably should. But def give up aderall.
>>
>>729268414
It varies. You could smoke two packs a day and never get it or you could smoke half a pack a day and get it bad. Life is a roll of the dice man.
>>
>>729268602
So you're just generally worried he'll be disappointed? That is genuinely sweet. I like you Anon. Good luck quitting.

>>729268696
This
But you're 95% safe from COPD if you just don't smoke
>>
>>729268668
Not worried about lung cancer, worried about COPD man
>>729268652
Yeah spending so much money sucks
>>729268696
Is it usually more frequent in those with a family history of COPD? My grandfather used to smoke a ton and he has no issues, no one else in my family smokes though
>>
>>729268791
Thanks anon
>>
>>729266719
I don't give a fuck if you smoke, faggot. Suck down that poison.
>>
>>729266719
i quit 3 month ago, smoked for 10 years, decided the day before i was gonna quit tommorow and have my last cig that night.

went cold turkey and its not that hard, its called will power and not being a fucking pussy

3 month on ive saved money and look forward to better health in the future
>>
There is a multitude of reasons. You have more energy. That's the most immediate. This translates to a better outlook on life, a greater capacity to do things, you have more zest.

Additionally you develop self control that translates to an all around mental strength that can only result from beating a true blue addiction. You'll be able to approach tasks and challenges in life with more confidence and mental fortitude, as well as the aforementioned energy.

It is likely that nicotine causes brain damage over time. You'll be dumber than you would have been if you continue. This reverses over time as well.

You'll be able to meet physical demands more easily. Seriously, climbing a flight of stairs was difficult for me while I smoked. Definitely a lot more appealing to live life when you aren't actively slowing your body down.

You won't feel like shit. You probably don't even realize how shitty cigs are making you feel at this point. Something about a pack a day wore me out in an extra way.

You'll greatly reduce the pains of getting old. I probably don't need to tell you that getting older can suck, don't let it suck more than it has to.
>>
>>729268910
Thanks anon, this helps a lot
>>
>>729268652
>smock
>>
>>729267136
If you have insurance look into to getting wellbutrin. Helped me a lot when I was quitting. Just know you can't ever smoke again. Even one can bring the cravings back. I was done for a year then the stress of work and buying a house caused me to buy a pack. Hang in there and fight the urges, there are worse things to fight an addiction for.
>>
>>729266719
Because you are a slave to a chemical and an industry. Will you continue to be a slave? Or will you be a human being and execute free will.
>>
>>729266719
>>
lol fuck it, you are going to be a rotting corpse at some point anyway. If it makes you feel good, go for it
>>
>>729266719
smoke weed
>>
Convince yourself, faggot.
>>
>>729269642
No, I quit smoking weed because it made me very demotivated and I would constantly have to be high to not be depressed
Since I quit it's so much better
>>
>>729266719
every cigarette you smoke makes your penis permanetely shrink a half inch

every year you dont smoke you grow an inch
>>
>>729266719
i quit it because was expensive idk if it will help u
>>
>>729267002
you can also lose your legs from smoking
>>
nigga I'm quitting in 3 days
I really want a fucking dart right now holy shit.
>>
>>729269026
You're basically making life more difficult for yourself. You're putting a handicap on yourself that would be better to be shed.
>>
>>729266719
Just go get a pack yo
>>
File: 1491746132381.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1491746132381.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>729266719

Brother, I got two smokes left in my pack.
I will join you

If I smoke before you, I am a faggot. If you smoke before I, you are the faggot. Those are the rules

Good luck
>>
>>729266719
start vaping. can choose the MG of nicotine and slowly lower it, while choosing flavours that are similar to tobacco. Myself and many others in my area (work in an auto manufacturing plant) all used to smoke and many of us are down to 0 MG nicotine, just inhaling vapour. 1000% more healthy m8
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.