[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to Atheists: Why do the universe exist? How is it able

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

File: i.jpg (896KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
896KB, 1500x843px
Question to Atheists:

Why do the universe exist? How is it able to support itself out of nothing?
How is this entire reality we're living in possible to exist, if death is just nothingness?
>>
File: IMG_3068.jpg (39KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3068.jpg
39KB, 450x327px
We don't know. That's it.

Grow some balls and admit you don't know. God is just made up to fill the empty space of not knowing.
>>
>>729138444
Thanks
>>
File: IMG_3338.jpg (74KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3338.jpg
74KB, 700x450px
>>729138572
No problem
>>
>>729138184
We don't know anything and you and I will likely die before we can figure anything out that matters. In the grand scheme of things whatever do doesn't matter. The best you can do is not worry about stupid shit and have fun
>>
>>729138444
Also trips don't lie
>>
>>729138184
why god exist who create him
>>
>>729138881
God is supernatural, he created himself.
>>
>>729138920
>he
>>
>>729138773
This comment pretty much. I worried about this kind of stuff I still do. For example the fact that there is no free will is a harsh fact if you think about it.
>>
I don't know and the answers science come up with are speculative.

But, you know what? That won't stop us from looking and asking questions. Being complacent in the thought "some other being created it" is more or less giving up on the ultimate question.

To those who believe in a god. What created your god?
>>
Why is the implication that because we don't know the answer to everything, the automatic solution is that "God dun it"?
>>
>>729139018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGx2UifvsLY
>>
>>729138184
I can understand that back then, when science wasn't explaining that much, people needed to relate to a god. But still now? I wish I could but no I dont get it
>>
>>729138184
Who cares?
>>
>>729138881
that is just stupid
>>
>>729139035
>the fact that there is no free will
>the fact

You can't prove that.
>>
>>729139217
Well religious think that if they need to know the answer we also need to
>>
>>729139268
The idea that god needed to be created by something else? Or at some point didn't exist?
>>
Reason and meaning are pattern derived from the way the human psyche interprets the world
Just because we're not here for a reason doesn't preclude us being here in reality
>>
>>729138184
"The universe do exist" isn't even English. How about you hit two birds with one stone by picking up a book(s) on quantum mechanics, relativity, and string theory. Good reads are 'Hyperspace' and 'Parallel Universe' both by Michio Kaku, and 'A Brief History of Time' by Stephen Hawking. Those are some great introductory books to theoretical physics, and if you actually think about what you're reading, you'll already find the answer to how the universe was created. I'm not kidding btw.
>>
>>729138184

why does the universe exist?

well, apparently as far as we know because there was a big explosion (you might know it as Big Bang) that caused it to exist

Oh wait you mean "why" in the retarded sense of "what purpose" and not in a causal sense.

the universe is not human therefore does not require this human concept of purpose
>>
>>729139768
Its not a question of purpose, its a question of how this reality/dimension is even possible to exist in the first place.

The fact that the universe exists defies all logic.
>>
>The fact that the universe exists defies all logic.

The fact that the above statement exists defies all logic

10/10 comedy there m8
>>
>>729140364
Perhaps we're thinking about different things and i'm not able to get my point across to you.
>>
>>729140963

that must be why your sentence makes 0 sense, that or you have a large understanding of what's outside the universe to conclude what does and does not make sense in that reality. Hmm...
>>
>>729138184
It's not a question why something exists, it's how something exists. There is no grand reason we as humans can pin to our existance, we just exist. And we should be happy about that.

Also:
>How is this entire reality we're living in possible to exist, if death is just nothingness?

The nothingness of death and the existance of reality do not contradict each other at all.
>>
>>729138184
This is plain stupid, you are just fucking jerking off mentally.
>>
File: images (75).jpg (25KB, 327x449px) Image search: [Google]
images (75).jpg
25KB, 327x449px
That feeling when your a neckbeard atheist and god puts you over his knee and spanks you for wearing a fedora.
>>
>>729141480
How so?
>>
File: shit-the-bed-hotsauce1.jpg (46KB, 412x344px) Image search: [Google]
shit-the-bed-hotsauce1.jpg
46KB, 412x344px
>>729138184

Death isn't nothingness. Death is the release of energy. You don't cease to exist when you die, every bit of you remains, only in a slightly less orderly form. Everything that makes you you unravels and slowly reintegrates itself into other systems.

We are all immortal in a fashion and that is some tight shit.
>>
File: images (22).jpg (3KB, 110x177px) Image search: [Google]
images (22).jpg
3KB, 110x177px
Atheist here, I actually don't know anything but I'll shit on someone's hopes/beliefs because it makes me feel edgy.

Pic related, its me m'lady
>>
>>729138184
I've been an atheist for 40 years but suddenly, reading this incredibly well worded and insightful comment of yours, I believe in god.
>>
>>729138184
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem
>>
>>729142436
So your like 60 years old? Or did you figure out your beliefs before the age of 20?
>>
>>729138184
>if death is just nothingness?

You are a damned fool if you think death is just "nothingness" despite the numerous upon numerous claims of people experiencing, witnessing, expressing the otherworldly sights, sounds, and emotions that they experienced when they had near death experiences.
>>
Anyone with a brain can believe what they want to believe,
>>
>>729138184
We dont know.
And thats ok.

We can keep trying to find the answer and maybe we will, but human perception is limited and it could be crazy complicated.

We wont even take God off the table altogether, but so far since everything we discovered so far that people used to be 110% positive was God turned out to be not magic, so we remain unconvinced.

However you should note that already we know that the intuitive laws of the universe, as in what we can see plainly, are far from what really happens.

For example, with no evidence we "know" for a "fact" a physical object cant exist in two places at once. Yet in the quantum world it happens all the time.

We "know" photons are physical objects. But in the quantum world we found out "only when there is a conscious observer. Otherwise theyre waves" which is ape shit fucked up.

Youre trying to apply human logic and framework to the creation of the universe, when the universe doesnt give a fuck what we can and cant see.

Some entirely fucked up force of nature we cant see or wrap our heads around could easily be responsible.

Also we know that time is a variable, and it isnt constant. And if there was a time (for lack of better word) when there was no time, as in before the universe was born, we can guess things were weird as fuck and unimaginable, because without that variable who knows what can and does happen.

Tl;dr:
We can only understand so much. And because science doesnt have the answer now, doesnt mean we wont.

And even if its so complicated or weird we will never understand, doesnt mean you can just say "ok so god did it" with absolute certainty.

Because frankly so far, ill repeat, everything that we have discovered where people confidently asserted was God, turned out not to be god.

Is he possible? Yes. Can we say with any certainty at all it was? With the evidence and progress so far, no. We can more confidently say "probably not."
>>
The answer to this is very unsatisfying but logically consistent, and that is simply "we don't." Reductionist logic eventually takes you to "we exist because all possible things can exist, and thus imply an 'anti-existence' that cancels out our own, keeping a balance of non-existence." Essentially, from a mathematical perspective, we are an arbitrary example of a plausible existence. It's essentially an axiomatic way to say "we exist merely because it is possible that we could exist."
>>
Fucking scientists, "yeah brah was the big bang theory" and you believe it, how? Fucking how? They looked at the ground and looked at the sky and assume they know what happened billions of years ago. Kek.
>>
>>729143061
>/thread
Almost couldnt have been said better
>>
>>729142698
You mean when the brain is dying out and everything is firing off randomly and losing oxygen?

That machine in yourl skull that regulates everything you see, and evokes light into images, not because thats how it actually looks, but because thats how we evolved to move around our world?

Your brain is not perfect, and it can really tell you you see and feel exactly what it wants you to see and feel.

NDEs are also culturally specific. For the most part, Christians see christian heaven, hindus see hindu afterlife, and so on.

Its what your brain thinks should be happening when its struggling to make sense of whats going on around it.

There are many a simple optical illusion that demonstrates your brain just trying to make sense of things as it thinks it should be and reporting to you that things are as they should be when theyre not.

Pic related.
>>
>>729143359
Can't be fucked reading, looks like sinead o conner and Adele mixed.
>>
>>729143061
Thank you for your thought out reply
>>
>>729143511

Well if you wont read ill shorten it.
Your brain can tell you whatever. It will make sense of things and its easily tricked. Hallucinations are an extreme.

But this is a simple optical illusion that confuses your facial recognition centers.

Turn the picture upside down.
>>
>>729143629
Exactly.
>easily tricked
>still an atheist

Kek.
>>
File: 1.jpg (95KB, 634x629px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
95KB, 634x629px
>>729143359
>>
>>729138184
Why must the universe have a reason to exist?
>>
>>729143745
I was referring to NDEs.
When your brain is failing and your perception is deprived and youre under stress, your brain makes shit up to make sense of things.

It knows youre dying so it goes "well i guess we should be in heaven now because thats my culture. Here ya go faggot meet God."
>>
>>729143554
No problem.

Truth is i dont even mind or look down on the religious. Their life. And they can sometimes even be lovely people because of religion.

But STAY AWAY FROM MUH LAWS AND EDUCATION.

...unless you do it in such a way that doesnt hurt reason or the non secular.
>>
IT'S ALL GOD
>>
>>729138184
You're right, we need the answers to these questions. Since we really can't answer them with our knowledge at this time, let's make up an answer. We'll call it God.
>>
>>729143881
>saw God
>calls him a faggot on 4chan

I don't even care bruhzzii
>>
>>729143979
no. let's not call it "God". unless you describe what "God" is.
>>
Ideology of God been around for millions of years,
Your neckbeard retard brain, been around for 40

Fags
>>
>>729144155
but humans have been only 6000 years in this planet.
>>
>>729144256
You don't know that, no one does.
>>
File: fuck you.png (113KB, 487x275px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.png
113KB, 487x275px
If there is a really a god, do you really think you are going to heaven? You are 4chan users.

I will see you guys in hell when I am satans sissy wife :3
>>
>>729144324
i read it from bible. Your retard...idiot.
>>
File: bigbang1.jpg (146KB, 713x465px) Image search: [Google]
bigbang1.jpg
146KB, 713x465px
I'm a confirmed agnostic. There is no way to know. The theory of God is as good (or bad) as any. Including the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

(Thank you to the BBC for this acknowledgement to the Pastafarians.)
>>
>>729138184
Why is the wrong question to ask. Who says there has to be a why? Not merely because you want one, surely. How? There are theories, but lack of knowledge does not mean you get to put in whatever you feel like into that gap in knowledge.
>>
>>729138184
I have no idea. I think it's reasonable to assume the source of it all is not some invisible creeper living in the sky who watches you jerk off and has an opinion of it.
>>
>>729144419
Are you in a wheelchair bro? That was spastic as fuck.
>>
>>729144505
Watching you pull your choad over traps
>>
>doesn't have the mental ability to believe what they want to believe

Atheists are dumb as fuck. There's a reason you get called edgy faggots.
>>
>>729138184
> Why do the universe exist?

There is no "why." Why is a human idea, and humans didn't create the universe. There is no reason for it, it just does. I don't really see how "magic man in the sky wanted it to exist" is a more satisfying answer.

> How is it able to support itself out of nothing?

... That question doesn't even make sense. The universe exists. It doesn't "support itself," it just is. Life supports itself through a series of chemical reactions and electrical impulses, if that's what you mean. Planets and stars and galaxies exist due to the way elements and physics work.

> How is this entire reality we're living in possible to exist, if death is just nothingness?

Another question that doesn't even make sense. How does death being "party in the clouds forever" make reality easier to understand for you? The universe is not ABOUT humans. We're a completely freak accident, a random inconsequential footnote. if you imagine the entire life of the universe as being 1 day, 24 hours, humans would not even exist for 1 second. again, we fail to even be a blip on the radar of the universe. we are nothing.
>>
>>729145173
Edgy
>>
>>729138920
>>729139018
Assuming G-d's gender is a federal crime under the authority of the Thought Police
>>
>>729145173
>we are nothing
Imagine being this edgy, technically we are something.
Are you putting superficial cuts on your wrist while listening to my chemical romance?
>>
>>729145173
I agree i formulated myself poorly and i didn't get my point across the way i wanted to, but you avoided the main question i was trying to ask and instead decided to deconstruct my sentences.

My question was about how the universe/reality/dimension we're living in is able to exist. Imagine if there were no life in the universe, this dimension would still exist and expand.
>>
The universe exists because we see it. That is the only reason. WE are not real. Nothing is real. It's all a perception. Are your dreams real? So how do you know what you view as "reality" is actually real? It's all an illusion.
>>
Atheism: not having the brain power to believe what you want to believe.
>>
>>729138184
Damn. Ask your God and leave Atheists alone.
>>
>>729145990
My dreams are more real than my life.
>>
God hates neckbeard fedoras
>>
Atheists are miserable losers
>>
File: 1491689430968.gif (609KB, 402x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491689430968.gif
609KB, 402x281px
>>729138184
>>
Jesus punching you for being a neckbeard atheist
>>
>>729146739
/Thread
>>
File: 1483298487267.jpg (199KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483298487267.jpg
199KB, 1920x1200px
>>729141652
That feeling when you don't know the difference between your and you're.
>>
>>729147430
Anal grammar nazi, kys.
>>
>>729148054
;(
>>
>>729139018

god created men in his own image. created woman later to "entertain" men. from a rib of adam. thats why men have 1 rib less.
>>
>>729148565
mfw the evidence for this a several thousand year old storybook.
>>
>>729138184
Because science
>>
I think the wrong question is being asked here. How the Universe came to be is a valid and reasonable inquiry, why the Universe exists is nonsense. You can't begin to understand why until you understand how, so the argument is arbitrary at best. This debate just keeps going in circles, religious people will question why people don't believe what they do, and the rest of us will question believing something without a shred of reliable evidence.
>>
>>729138444
Trips of Wisdom
>>
>>729148565
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm going to take you're brain out so all your descendants will be brainless.
>>
Well I don't fucking know, nor do I really care. I just personally don't believe in or need a God in my life.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-14-13-47-27.png (138KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-14-13-47-27.png
138KB, 720x1280px
>>729148565
>>
>>729138444
>We don't know
Followed immediately by:
>Don't believe this thing, we're sure we know why you think it
So very scientific :^)
>>
>>729138184
>Why do the universe exist?
there is no reason it just does
>How is it able to support itself out of nothing?
To be honest, I don't know, but why do you assume the universe needs some external force to hold it together?
>How is this entire reality we're living in possible to exist, if death is just nothingness?
What did the first and second part of that sentence have to do with each other? And again I don't know and I may never know but im ok with that.

Also underage & b8
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.