[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/, I just found out I might have borderline personality

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

File: 20170411_114124-1-1.jpg (594KB, 1899x2602px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_114124-1-1.jpg
594KB, 1899x2602px
Hey /b/, I just found out I might have borderline personality disorder. Anyone else have any experience with this? I'm having trouble coping with it, but I blame my childhood if I do have it. Pic unrelated, that's my bong.
>>
I've heard marijuana can bring out personality disorders like that
>>
>>728993222
wow, trips don't lie dude
>>
>>728993222
I've heard of that, but I've had symptoms since I was really young before I smoked. For me it helps me calm down/ with the anxiety mostly.
>>
>>728993336
for me I say the same thing but it actually worsens my anxiety. I find comfort in it sometimes but it also does me more harm then good. yet i totally ignore the harm
>>
>>728993414
True, plus I'm guessing using Molly doesn't help either. The thing I just found out about the disorder is that it makes you more likely to want to use drugs just to not feel it as intensely.
>>
Whats your questions to it my man?
>Diagnosed with it after being admitted to the psych ward. Well, Sever Personality disorder.
>>
>>728993680
I'm a girl, apparently it affects girls more (yay). And how did you feel after you got diagnosed? For me just looking it up hit me like a brick and all of my actions made sense in close relationships now. Like I never realized what I was actually doing/ all the manipulation.
>>
https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml
https://www.psycom.net/depression.central.borderline.html
Severe*** fucking auto correct
>>
>>728993879
Its just a fancy way to word your habits and actions nothing more. Its like saying a depressed person has depression. Its nothing more then a name.
>Currently on anti anxiety med's and anti depressants.
>>
>>728993916
I'm not diagnosed, but my actions fit everything on the list. Plus I did get abused as a child and had my dad step out of the picture when I was little.
>>
clean your fucking bong you primitive ape
>>
>>728994108
Did you know what you were doing when it happened like intentionally manipulating, or did you understand what having dissociation was?
>>
>>728993879 drugs/mental thread over, you have identified as female. Provide proof this is not poor bait in the form of a timestamped nude including your naked breasts.
>>
>>728994177
Tfw that was two days after I did
>>
>>728994147
Go see a psychiatrist and get tested. Diagnoses changes so goddamn often its funny.
>Bipolar
>Heavily Depressed
>Clinical Depression
>BPD
>SBPD
>SBPD + Depression + SAD (Severe Anxiety Disorder)
So, yeah thats my list.
In the end, its just a title nothing more. Go get tested.
>>
File: 1266526211298.jpg (54KB, 450x450px)
1266526211298.jpg
54KB, 450x450px
>>728993137
tits or gtfo
>>
>>728994276
I was well aware of what I was doing, I am not stupid in that sense.
>No Food = Anorexia
>Cutting = Self harm
In the end, I was well aware of what I was doing.
>>
>>728994363
The main reason why I'm leaning toward thinking that it's bpd is because I have that whole don't leave me no matter what thing even when I clearly know a relationship is toxic. I will probably get tested, but for some reason putting a label on it is terrifying to me.
>>
>>728994514
See with mine I thought it was relatively innocent. I thought other people were at fault when looking back at it now, I clearly was. Or I would use my body constantly in relationships to get what I wanted in the end.
>>
>>728994538
If I may ask how old are you?
A label is a label. Its like my heart condition. Nothing more then a fancy way of saying hey, you are missing a heart beat once in a while. (Heart murmur).
>>
>>728994664
To eat their own. Personally inflection to get what I wanted.
Just because you used your body (As you worded it) to get something doesn't mean you have BPD. Just means you used things to what you wanted.
>>
>>728994664
Each***
>>
>>728994730
I just turned 21, so it's all really fresh. Like I know a label isn't really a big deal, but in my childhood there was abuse surrounding that issue too, so it's hard for me to want to have it known. Having a flaw like that is really difficult even knowing that it isn't my fault for some reason.
>>
>>728994970
Everyone has mental health, even your perfect teacher back in highschool who had everything had mental health issues. Its a label in the end
>>
>>728994861
I know, but I have the entire list of symptoms. I use drugs (mostly psychedelics) and don't have regard for my own safety, I get paranoid/ dissociation, but only when I'm stressed, I am terrified of people leaving and think of them as awful/ amazing just depending on one action and my mood, etc. I know I'll get it diagnosed in the end, but today's the first time I've seen all the symptoms.
>>
>>728995502
Just go get tested and helped with it. I don't go to counselling not to get help, just saying.
>>
>>728995403
I know, but thinking about the stigma on them does suck. All I ever saw about bpd was from movies before now and that isn't much to go off of, but it seems like a lot of people see it like that.
>>
>>728995502
No Matter what happens don't let medicalising whatever you have remove your personal responsibility for your actions.
Some things are just medical ways of saying you're prone to being an asshole. Try not to be an asshole
>>
>>728995854
Do you see cancer as a death sentence? Well, its not. Granted yes there is a chance that it is a death sentence but in the end its a 1/10 chance.

Conclusion: don't bother telling people about it if you don't wish too. Only person that knows about anything that has happened is my mother and my sister. Only my sister has seen my arm and legs from slicing away at them. Its just a label stop overthinking it.

>You smoke pot and do other drugs so, you are a druggie. See? It's a label, I know nothing about you. Other then you are 21, a girl who does drugs and possibly has BPS
>>
>>728993137
tits or get the fuck out.
>>
>>728996054
The thing is, I actually was at the point of not realizing what I was doing. Like to the extend of feeling justified. I have really strong empathy and don't like to lash out at people, and it's gotten to the point where I don't feel in control of my actions and don't notice when I'm wrong. Now that I know and have reflected on it I will have to second guess how I react to most things.
>>
>>728996075
That is true, did you ever feel like you needed to tell certain people if they were around for an episode? I used to have problems in the past with cutting, but I never associated it with anything then.
>>
>>728996538
Nope. Everything was fine by myself til everything kinda was found out.
>Ask a coworker if I can talk to her after work
>She thought I was asking her out but in reality I wasn't just wanted to talk to her about depression
>Ended up slitting my wrist open and walking around my town towards her house to drop off a suicide letter
>Got pulled over by a cop and brought to a psych ward
>released and walked home ~75km
>Work discharged me on mental health and I asked her if shed admit herself in this place
>She said yes and I did so, sister found out because of her.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si39PoRDFrI
Seems appropriate
>>
File: gifuckyersekf.jpg (941KB, 720x720px)
gifuckyersekf.jpg
941KB, 720x720px
Eat some LSD and elevate your conciousness
>>
>>728996922
Actually kind of fair
>>
Don't get married. I'm sure my ex had that and she would flip the fugg out for no reason at all.

Ahh..divorce is like a choice beer on a hot summer day after cutting the lawn. There's nothing quite like it.
>>
File: flower.jpg (942KB, 720x720px)
flower.jpg
942KB, 720x720px
Learn to love all your selves and unlock the full potential of your mind
>>
>>728996992
I've done that and as for the whole dissociation/ paranoid thoughts it is so bad for that holy shit, let me tell you
>>
Anyway, op got any more questions for me?
>>
>>728997108
I've been engaged already and supposedly there is a way to get rid of it with treatment? God I hope so. Having it might actually be less fun than being an outsider dealing with it.
>>
>>728997281
Yeah, do you do anything to cope on the daily with having it? Non medication wise
>>
>>728997452
Learn to live with it. Nothing more nothing less, its like depression. You just learn to live with it. Conditions and disorders go by and change all the time. Heck at one point they were convinced I was a schizophrenic.

Just ask away
>>
>>728997735
I keep reading up on it and I've found some things saying that it is treatable and that it can stop with the right psychotherapy whatever ( there were two kinds I think, but I forgot the name), do you think that it is curable?
>>
>>728998106
Mental health isn't like the flu, you can't just be given drugs and boom it disappears. Counselling, Therapy, Meds and support and it MIGHT disappear or change. It's just a label you are really just over thinking this trust me.
>>
>>728993626
hope you are still here. i also was using a lot of molly and had a bad hallucination one time thats why i stopped doing it and im 3 months clean now and the symptoms have been getting better
>>
>>728993137
We get it, you're a girl
>>
>>728998614
Yeah I'm off most drugs like that, strictly weed and even alcohol fucks up my emotions. I might quit everything until I get a solution to this.
>>
>>728998523
Yeah, I am, I'm just freaked out by the whole thing. Still happy that now I know in a way though.
>>
>>728998997
You will be fine trust me. Just go talk to a doctor and get tested.
>Have a head ache? Sore eyes? Well you got a brain tumor and are have 2 weeks to live. See? Just diagnosed you with Cancer.
Anyway, go get tested in the end it doesn't really matter what you are titled as. I'd advise quitting drugs as they do fuck with your brain chem.

Anymore questions?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wETXyLp7CjQ
>>
>>728998939
I've always found alcohol to be too potent on my emotions. Time can heal all :) you look beautiful so at least you don't have to worry about your appearance as well
>>
>>728993137
Tits or gtfo
>>
real psychiatrist here.. not that it matter since most times we are guessing as well.

Medicine: Medication is something that will have to actively adjusted and tuned with your doctor. It's art, patience and some science (less science then we like to admit.. it is still not understood, for example, why someone responds to say zoloft better then paxil when - in net - they effect the same pathways). Hang in there with that and be honest with doctor and be an active participant. Its your life and the doctor is not a god and has no magical answers. It's trial and error.

Non-Medicine things: Here's my own personal observations and since it's /b/ I can be way more blunt then I would be in real life. Well the reason it's called BPD is because , in essence, the person doesn't have a real/fully formed/functional personality. They have very little inside themselves to anchor them down so that there is a center they can call self. The most clear pattern I have seen is that BPD PEOPLE DONT HAVE HOBBIES/A DRIVE TO ACHIEVE AND BETHE BEST JUST BECAUSE. Dont have a reason to wake up excited every now and then because they get to achieve and do something.

So BPD people gets swept this way and that with the tides/winds. Which means they spend all their energy on interpersonal/social crap/drama. And since they don't have hobbies or a realm to actualize excellence/will, they do it in the interpersonal realm by causing drama and pointless manipulation.
>>
>>728999858
>Insert thank you paragraph here
>>
What are the symptoms of that disorder?
>>
>>728993137
>personality disorder
>looks for thing to blame
Checks out.
Do you have tattoos?
>>
OP, I am off for the night peace-
>>
>>728993137
I heard smoking weed is great for non-anxiety related mental health issues. Doesn't induce and exacerbate schizophrenia and borderline disorders at all.

Dunce.
>>
>>728999858
dont know if the thank you shit is ironic but you are so right

fuck i just want to tell every drama queen i meet to get a hobby. i got shit i do in my spare time, then i work to eat, then i have social interactions. i know people that have nothing to do in their spare time and they are always fucking nuts, even posting on image boards will fill that void.

so how the fuck do you get them to just get a fucking hobby? bc i feel like they never will, and maybe thats more of an indication than a cause...
>>
>>728999858
So go and do stuff. Get a hobby. Learn to be good at something. Hell, even just going hiking one a week alone.

And stop having boyfriends for awhile. You are actively spreading sadness and hurt and disease around until you get control. Getting into relationships - if you have untreated BPD - is not far off from having HIV and intentionally fucking someone you supposedly care about without condoms.

And one last thing. Something I could never say in real life. Waaay more women have BPD then men. In fact, there are many who believe the published studies about the rates drastically under report the number of women versus number of men because of political correctness and they don't want BPD to become the new 'female hysteria' diagnosis that Frued and others so loved)

Because look at the last two paragraphs of my previous post. I basically described a majority of women below age of 25-28 and many after that age.

TAKE SOME MEDS, CKEANUP OLD HURTS, GET A FUCKING HOBBY, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, AND BE A PERSON INSTEAD OF A DRAMA FUCKHOLE.
>>
>>728993137
Fellow BPDer. Be social amongst stable mature people. Only use marijuana on down time and drink when your happy. Stop blaming yourself for the past. Remember there are people on the world who love you and dont even know you. Also never let anyone complete you. you complete you. they are just the icing on top. stay safe friend
>>
Yeah, it's easy to cure this.

You just need to be positive and meditate.

This will cure ALL of your problems...
NOT
>>
>>729000472
Bpd is not spreadable like that. It is a mental disorder, not an std. I just found out I might have it, so I wasn't actively trying to date anyone while having it. Also chill.

I said more women have it? Um..?

And I didn't realize I had it again, so how could I before now?
>>
>>728993137
Chicks with BPD are usually hot. Are you pretty? Also what happened in your childhood? Sorry I haven't read the whole thread yet in case you already mentioned it.
>>
>>728999858
Really because I draw, sew, paint, sculpt rave and write. Also I doubt you are, that is the least accurate representation I've read.
>>
>>729000171
It is usually caused by child abuse and by abandonment from what I've seen.
>>
>>729000352
Yes, I realize that, but until now I didn't know I could have one.
>>
>>728993137
Implying op is a grill
>>Topkek
>>
>>729000831
>>729000472
To OP:
Of course BPD is not spreadable like an STD. I was using the STD as an analogy. And I was not faulting you - at all - for any of your previous actions. I was only advising that you take time to work on getting better. A common mistake BPD people make is trying to fix themselves by impulsively entering new relationships (not sure if you would or think that way.. just a warning trying to be helpful)

you said "I said more women have it? Um..?"
I made the women comments to add information/behind the scenes watercooler talk of professionals in the field.

Just please take of yourself. Be active in your treatment. Know that you have the potential to be harmful to people around you so take responsibility for that - you will help yourself and the universe at large. Face and cleanup past hurts as best you can. And subjectively from my experience: if you are someone that doesn't have passionate hobbies, look for that. It won't cure. But it will help.
>>
>>729000985
BPD is still being a term whose definition is being hotly debated and refined.

So if you are saying that mine was the least accurate description from the perspective of debating a better definition of BPD then I agree.

If you are saying it's not accurate to prove I am not a psychiatrist or, at any rate, a bad, misinformed one: you are flatout wrong. My thoughts are from a more 'psychodynamic' perspective then a biochemical one, but there are lots out therre that would agree with the viewpoint.

Also I glad you paint, draw, and sew. I said not having hobbies was a coomen theme, not a defining characteristic.There are certainly cases - particularly where the BPD patient is more in the bipolar region of symptoms where they have hobbies.

Fuck it.. I;m all cracked out an adderall craming for my boards trying to procastinate haha. Good luck and I hope you are/learn to mange your BPD..
>>
>>728993137
Meh, just remember that sometimes when you feel something intensely.. That not everyone feels it that way
>>
>>728993137
Don't worry, OP. I'd still stick it in your pooper.
>>
>>728993137
Hello Katlyn
>>
>>729004208
Oh shit, it's Katlyn Muenchow.
From AL.
>>
https://u.nya.is/ritagt.mp4
Don't try and self diagnose yourself if it has anything to do with mental well being. That's exactly why people get degrees and become psychs so that they can see what's going on from an outside trained perspective.
>>
Test yourself by quitting all drugs. If you crave it too much you will know you have no willpower or the fucked up part of your brain craves it too much. If you can't stop for a literal week you should be worried
>>
>>728993137
>borderline personality disorder
>Smoking weed
>ur Fucked
>>
My girlfriend has it. Just learn to control yourself and use the proper medications or forever hurt the people you love around you.

Fucking cunt.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.