[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play for 2 and a half years >solo like this https:/

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20161211_171105.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161211_171105.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>play for 2 and a half years
>solo like this

https://youtu.be/z3JNtwo11bg - skip to 3:28
>play for 5 years
>be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkn8EE1AbvI
>>
>>728771181
what are you even implying? these are average and generic skills
>>
>>728771181
you focused on too much jazz/old rock or whatever.
you got used to it.
>>
>>728771851
yes, thats what happened

what do

>>728771669
not implying nothing
>>
Play with an actual style that is yours.

And fuck having so many shitty guitars, learn gow to gear.

BTW this girl slays you are she has sever downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4pZBmI_gU
>>
>>728771994

Listen to Jason Becker. He could play a SHITLOAD of styles, and had pretty much all of the skills down you could have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lR1tt24mo4
>>
>>728771181
20-30 years and you might just get to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96WrTWE4Mz4
>>
More inspiration to not suck at playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mCGi0YvL5I
>>
>>728771181
both are shit. I couldn't care less if your fingers are agile enough to move between strings and frets fluidly if all you do with that is play shitty solos without style or play someone else's songs.

Kurt Cocaine wrote some of the best songs I've heard and his playing sucks ass, never played a decent solo (if one at all), its simple chords but he had a style unique to him and managed to pull out a lot of good songs out of that. I'm not even a big nirvana fan.

I know a guy who can play amazing acoustic guitar, but he listens to generic shit for the most part and it shows in his own songs. Technically good but nothing besides that, nothing that will capture the listener's attention and nothing that makes each song different, just the same complex shit played over and over until you get bored.

>tl;dr: develop a style, play what you want, make it different and you'll be much better than other guitarists out there even if you can't play a solo, do sweeps and all that guitar nerd bullshit
>>
>>728771851
>calling blues rock "jazz/old rock or whatever"
>being this much of a pleb
>>
>>728772551
fuck man im not a avid listener to fuckin blues rock. its usually underground rap or silence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulWrqvIA4Yg
>>
>>728772526
10/10 advice from a non-musician with a completely irrelevant opinion, would read again
>>
>>728772704
U lame asf nig
>>
File: Guitarras.jpg (782KB, 1944x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Guitarras.jpg
782KB, 1944x2220px
>>728772056
>Play with an actual style that is yours.
what does that mean, im already doing what i want

>And fuck having so many shitty guitars, learn gow to gear.
theyre good. have decent wood and had the hardware upgraded. i like having a les paul, tele and strat

wow that girl can play

i never really tried to play that type though. too lazy. only recently started doing little spider exercises

>>728772198
i only hear shredding scales, what am i doing wrong

>>728772230
lol

>>728772319
that aint much different than what i play
except for the fast up-down arpeggios like 1:08

>>728772526
what do you mean. my solos have style and i focus on sounding good, melodic and stuff.
it didnt show? wasnt it the impression you had?

i'm not into technical, boring stuff either

>develop a style, play what you want
thats what ive been doing on soloing
though my style is mostly a mix of the 70s guitarists i copy, plus a little spin of mine here and there.
>>
>>728772230
Now you're talking. Really defines its own thing!
>>
>>728772828
>implying
summer come early I see.

Actually fucktard, I have my own band and we do record music, I played for over 5 years now and have more to say on the matter than you, so go fuck yourself with your ukulele and let grown ups talk mmmkay?
>>
>>728771181
Kinda unimpressive, but i can't play giutar for shit so there is that. I think you need to smoke a lot of weed and do some shrooms, free your mind you'll develop a better imagination nd better solos.
>>
>>728772876
yeah. i kno.
>>
>>728772922
>>728772526
they don't, I seriously can't tell the difference between you and some random guy on the street or even youtube.
Style takes forever to develop, its not just what you want to play, what you want to play are songs that inspired you, thats just playing whats already there. Try and play something that sounds different, that would make you stand out among other guitar players.
The solos aren't bad, you did make some mistakes here and there, but thats not what makes a guitarist good.

Listen to Alice in Chains, Black Sabbath, the Melvins, Witchcraft, Roky Erickson, Metallica, Sleep, Kyuss. Just to name a few bands, whenever each of those bands plays in the background I can tell within seconds who plays on the guitar and what song it is. Great bands with great songs with a style, thats the sort of shit you wanna go for. If you're good but sound like everyone else then you will be one of many, you'd want to be one of a KIND, thats what makes music good and musicians artists, until then you're just some guy playing guitar
>>
>>728772922
Nah, your style is basically just generic blues. The majority of people who play guitar either play/solo in that style OR started out in that style (blues is often one of the first things you'll learn) and then grew out of it. You're not a bad blues player, but the thing is, if you're a great player, why make that your focus, you know?

If you want some advice that's really worth something, learn to play a little bit in all different styles and learn theory. Learn the entire fretboard through the seven modes (Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, and Locrian) or the CAGED system (or both) and learn jazz chord voicings, that way you can do more chord-wise. Tldr; learn your theory

Also, play for at least an hour per day total.

Also, this piece of advice comes from Jaco Pastorius, learn melody lines by ear, all the time. Play along to everything you hear, and try to figure it out.

Overall tldr; learn theory, practice more, get a better ear
>>
>>728772980
>implying it requires any skill to be in a shitty bar band
>implying 5 years is any time at all
I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with you, but just know you ain't shit.
>>
>>728772230
Mind. Blwon.
>>
>>728773714
did I say we play in bars you fucking moron? no then stop pulling shit out of your ass to make yourself look better.
5 years is more than enough to be able to write songs, but if you're a boring cunt that takes lessons once every week to play like someone else then what can you possibly know?
I ain't shit? is that right? and what are you? some 16 year old who plays outside his neighborhood to impress some girls? better back off before I ask you to show me how shit you are and embarrass yourself. What are you even doing here if you're that clueless?
>>
>>728773417
>Style takes forever to develop
but i'm working on that. i have licks, hooks, intervals and runs i like

>its not just what you want to play, what you want to play are songs that inspired you
i understand the solos and learn from them, thats what i do

>Try and play something that sounds different, that would make you stand out among other guitar players.
in what sense?

>whenever each of those bands plays in the background I can tell within seconds who plays on the guitar and what song it is
>Great bands with great songs with a style
yes

>If you're good but sound like everyone else then you will be one of many
to me i dont sound like a random guy playing the pentatonic scale, as i already said

>>728773434
hm
>if you're a great player, why make that your focus, you know?
cause i like it and feel like its lacking if i'm not playing blues licks and cool vibratos. what would be the other stuff?

>learn to play a little bit in all different styles
which styles for example

>Learn the entire fretboard through the seven modes (Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, and Locrian) or the CAGED system (or both)
already do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U8qPR3PB9Q

>learn jazz chord voicings
what type

>Also, play for at least an hour per day total.
already did it for years but dont do it focusedly anymore

>learn melody lines by ear, all the time
>Play along to everything you hear, and try to figure it out.
that is great, i already do
>>
>>728771181
Kek. Everyone plays blues cause it's easy. Learn classical guitar from the white masters not some cuck overused style created by nig nogs in America
>>
File: 474.jpg (25KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
474.jpg
25KB, 308x450px
>>728772704
>underground rap or silence
fucking kill yourself you worthless nigger
>>
>>728774229
You don't like music do ya?
>>
>>728774229
post yfw some people actually enjoy playing the blues
>>
File: five_years.png (28KB, 597x772px) Image search: [Google]
five_years.png
28KB, 597x772px
>>728774038

Go cover Pearl Jam with your bar band you salty cunt.
>>
>>728774469
>>728774038
>>728773714
LOOK at they arguing
each one thinks the other is the OP
ahahaha
>>
>>728774229

The only good black guitar player in the last 75 years was Hendrix.

lol
>>
File: 1490015242141.jpg (103KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1490015242141.jpg
103KB, 605x605px
>>728774601

>look at they
>>
>>728774650
T. Someone who knows nothing about music.
>>
>>728774650
do you even BB King
>>
>>728774772
>>728774796

Look at those names you countered with.

BB King sucked.
>>
>>728774228
Then work on it and come back once you've developed something that sounds different.

Cool then learn from them but don't copy them, take interesting bits out of every solo you know and try to create something new out of that.

How can I explain to you what different sounds sound like? just come up with weird ways of playing the guitar, create sounds that nobody uses, play shit that sounds broken but isn't, experiment, stop being so text book about it and punk rock it.

ok

to you tho, don't get all defensive man, I'm trying to lead you towards being a better and more interesting guitar player. I can't tell you how to do it and where to go, its not that easy, if it was I'd be playing with that style myself and never tell you about it.

>>728774469
what are you talking about? listen, if you can't win argument then give up and accept defeat, no need to use a 10 year old 'maymay' like a normie and say shit a 12 year old would say...

>>728774601
you missing some chromosomes? I replied to OP and the other cunt just now. I think he thinks I'm OP tho so you may be referring to that, but I'm talking to 2 different people in case you wondered
>>
Here's me dicking around
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZeIT2t38sO
>>
>>728775001
Your garbage bro you don't know shit. T bone walker, Albert King, Muddy Waters, Bukka white, Robert Johnson, Howlin wolf all great guitarists. You don't know shit about music, you probably don't even enjoy music. Its time to stop.
>>
>>728773216
>I think you need to smoke a lot of weed and do some shrooms, free your mind you'll develop a better imagination nd better solos
that stuff can turn you schizophrenic or you can not come back from the trip
>>
>>728776005
Nonsense, you've never been around drugs I'd guess. The things they teach you at school is mostly bullshit. If what you're saying is true i would have lost my mind years ago.

Weed and shrooms are amazing substances the propaganda has been debunked years ago. Listen to Joe Rogan on the subject he knows more than most on the subject.
>>
>>728772230
Tab?
>>
>>728776252
its not stuff they teach on school, its all over the internet.

>google
>marijuana triggers schizophrenia
>>
>>728776654
I've smoked everyday for 10 years, i don't have any mental health issues. It probably does trigger something in people who have undiagnosed schizophrenia. But it's perfectly fine for people with sound mental health.

I would recommend weed to everyone, if someone trys it and doesn't like it fine. But don't knock if if you ain't tried it. It's great for introspection and imaginative thinking. Its no surprise most of the great musicians smoked weed.
>>
>>728776956
i have genetic predisposition and already am kinda fucked up in the head
a neighbohor developed depression cause of weed and doesnt even shower anymore. i think he gone schizo also
>>
>>728771181
fuck u faggot i am better htan you in every ay u fucker
>>
>>728777082
Just smoke some fuckin weed. You won't get anywhere in life by being a pussy. Hendrix smoked weed that's all you need to know.
>>
>>728777082
Kek dude r u like 12. No one gets "depressed from weed" Your neighbour is depressed because his life is shit.
>>
>>728777399
>>728777490
stop, youre making me want to try it
>>
>>728777697
You should, people used to think tomatoes were poisonous and lived their entire lives without that delicious fruit. Its the same with weed.
>>
>>728777860
drugs' hedonism make you stop caring about long-term and fullfilling activities
>>
>>728778087
Really? So Joe Rogan doesn't care about the long term. Even though he has the most successful podcast in the world. That argument is bullshit when you have successful people who smoke weed everyday.
>>
>>728778280
no, youre tryign to fool me, youre a troll on /b/
>>
>>728778795
I think your the troll. Seriously though weed is amazing there is a lot of bullshit out there about weed. If you follow logic and look at famous people who smoke weed you'll know it is pretty much harmless. Nothing wrong with enjoying life friend.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (101KB, 625x575px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
101KB, 625x575px
>>728778947
ahha good effort but youre not going to trick me this time
>>
>>728779342
U got me bro, Christian teens 4 life. I'm waiting for the right person to lose my v nd only when im married and ill make sure i don't enjoy it cause that's what god wants to drugs r real bad not sure why. But i hear their bad so thwy must b.

Jesus 4 lyf yo, ya heard.
>>
>>728779561
ahaha lol
>>
OP Does ear traingn https://clyp.it/rmadsofz
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.