[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/. I'm in a complicated situation. I need some advices

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: help_me_b.png (5KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
help_me_b.png
5KB, 168x168px
Hey /b/. I'm in a complicated situation. I need some advices from you, cool fags.

>Be me

>turn 20 years old in a few months

>live in a shithole country and hate it SO FUCKING MUCH

>wanna go to USA in summer 2017 to study and settle there to live after studying

>only have money for just one year of living there (living expenses and college tuition)

>anyway want to try and earn money there while studing

So what do I do, /b/ros? How do I LEGALLY make enough money while studying in college there?

If I dont go there this summer, my family won't give me money (that is enough for just a year), so I won't have another "opportunity" again.

I do not want to stay in my shitty country anymore nor spend my youth here. If I dont go and lose the opportunity and have to live in my country, I will just fucking kill myself by slitting my wrists.

I consider learning web development and freelance. Im ready to work like a nigger. But im not sure that itll help me make it. So, what do you think?

>inb4: eat shit and stay in your country, we do not want you here, fucking piece of shit, go somewhere else faggot
>>
Why would anyone in their right mind want to live in the US?
>>
>>728221446
It depends, which country are you coming from?
>>
>>728221634
Also what are you studying?
>>
>>728221634
Im from moldova
>>
>>728221519
Man, some countries are pretty shitty
>>
>>728221446
USA is a primitive state ruled by the neo-burgois, substituting money for royal privilege. It is a haven only for the rich. Only go there if you have shitloads of money to spend. Without money, over there YOU are shit.
Also America is very bad place for foreigners to be right now. You have heard of this 'Trump' blob, haven't you?
PLENTY of better places to be.

>>728221519
THIS
>>
moldova is better than the US these days. go look up social democracy and change your destination.
>>
>>728222070
Its pretty fucking poor, shitty and not interesting
>>
>>728222153
Well, your options are:
1) Spend money applying for work visa in the US (90% chance of rejection without big sums of money), work for $5 an hour, be hated by locals (foreigner stole our jobs!), where you will die in street of 'cause no healthcare, and you get cancer 'cause HFCS is in EVERYTHING.
2) Backpack around Europe. It's cheap and you get to see lots of cool shit.
3) Save money until you are 50 years old visit USA, when you are too old to enjoy shitty burger king.

USA is shit for poor locals, and even more shit for poor foreigners.
>>
I dunno where you live, OP. But you could maybe trying being an international student.

You could stay here for 4 or so years but depending on the country they sometimes require you to come back.
>>
File: earn money.jpg (335KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
earn money.jpg
335KB, 666x666px
>>
>>728221793
Do Moldovians speak Russian, Romanian or both?
>>
>>728222958
Pretty much this.

I'd try going to somewhere in Europe that isn't Ukraine.
>>
>>728221446
Go to Norway. Free uni education, even for foreigners.

Huge list, but two specific art Universities are free:
Bergen Academy of Art and design (KHiB)
Oslo National Academy of the Arts (KHiO)
>>
Hey OP, don't listen to jealous fags that don't live in the paradise of the USA. I have been studying here for years now and it is great.

You should look into schools or states that will waive your international tuition. This makes attending much less expensive. For example, all Florida schools use this program for Eastern European students:

https://eeli.intl.ucf.edu/

As for the non-international tuition fees, you should apply for scholarships.

In short, if you are willing to work your ass off and show that you are a valuable immigrant, there is unlimited opportunity here.

Also, you can LEGALLY work on campus if you are on a student visa, including full-time during the summer.
>>
>>728223721
I think its too late to apply there. Plus norwegian living prices are too damn motherfucking high
>>
I had travel some in the world n for me best places to live is in east Asia.
>>
>>728223842
Man, thank you. I read about campus jobs at colleges but they are not always availavle. And yes, I will work my ass off like a fucking slave nigger. You made me more positive and optimistic. Thank you.
>>
>>728223842
Spoken like someone who has never lived anywhere but the pit of the USA.

Younger sister nearly spent ten years in the USA struggling everyday to make it, scholarships, grants, all that.
When she finally came home, she said that she had forgotten how good she had it here.
Before you ask, she now lives in Australia with a blonde swiss dude.
Honestly, tho. The special interest groups here (conservatives) are trying to turn Australia into a toilet like the USA.
>>
>>728224215
Just remember that the privilege of living in the USA is daily struggle for the non-rich person. EVERY DAY YOU ARE THERE.
>>
>>728224569
Pretty much like in most countries. In my country the average wage is barwly enough to pay rent for a shitty ass one bed room and buy a razor blade to kill myself. I think its much worse than US
>>
get a fucking job you twat. stop living off your parents like a shmuck
>>
>>728224665
Well, it seems that your country and the USA have that in common. On the west coast you get Mexicans too.

Financially speaking, pick a capital city that has great facilities, and tolerable weather. The shittier the city, the less populated, the cheaper it is gonna be.
Live in LA or New york? I couldn't afford a cardboard box over there.
>>
Fuck off. Stay home. We have enough issues with browned skinned people- borders closed. Fuck off.
>>
>>728225049
Thanks for the advice (not sarcasm). Where I live having a PS4 is considered being a fucking very rich fucker. Damn, people here are very, very poor on average compared to US.

Speaking of city choice, big cities are expensive to live in, for example LA. What about small towns that surround big cities? Like Glendale, CA. Its close to LA. What you think?
>>
>>728221446
America hasn't been 'the land of opportunity' for a long time.
At some point it became 'The land of opportunity©™® (conditions apply).
The conditions usually being rich and/or looking like a model.
Try a different country. Canada, Australia, etc
>>
>>728225492
Its too late to apply to study there. As I mentioned above, a middle class family in US can afford to buy some stuff,even for a deposit on christmas. In my cointry, only rich top class master race bitches can afford a PS4
>>
>>728225704
Americans can only have these thinks because of massive personal debts.
>>
>>728225458
I'm not a USA resident, so my advice is probs not super helpful.
Don't know what the on-campus wage is, but it probably differs from state to state. I also don't know how many hours they offer on average.
If I make the assumption that you will get paid $5 and hour, for 20 hours a week, you have $100 per week. Take tax and obamacare out, and i think that leaves about $60 for food, utilities and rent.
Any poor US residents able to help out with realistic figures? Or are these pretty curate?
>>
>>728221446
Dont go to the US
Go somewhere in Europe its cheaper to study, to travel and its not full of fatties
>>
>>728226192
Of course, in moldova everyone lives in debt too. Otherwise its impossible to buy anything. The only people who dont have credits or mortgage debts are those who are rejected to get a debt. People live in debt, not being able to afford things that bring some entertainment to lives.
>>
>>728225049
Damn. Did a quick google search. average Glendale Apartment is like $1500 per month. Maybe skip California?
>>
>>728221793
Wouldn't a western European country be an easier move for you?
>>
>>728226768
Yeah, i gotta find a cheap town
>>
>>728224569
brazilfag here that is now living in USA...you truly dont know what is be low/middle class in a 3rd world country.
>>
>>728227482
Man, i feel you. I would prefer being a low class in a good country and have opportunity and prospects to go up than being average 3rd country shit eater who has no prospects and no opporubities to go and climb his way up the class ladder
>>
>>728221446
Stay the fuck out of Canada. Too many of you useless fucks already.
>>
>>728223721
are there any free master degrees in (aeronautical) engineering? i'm considering that atm as i'm finishing my bachelor's degree
>>
>>728223842
What kind of work? Research assistant or so?
>>
>>728224875
Getting education is a better investment in the long run anyway, as you'll start making pretty decent money right after you finish
>>
>>728225053
Why would you rule out any international students that can actually contribute (maybe even more than you can)?
>>
>>728227780
Exactly why you shouldn't go to the USA. Unless you want to work in agriculture, and/or a backwater town. There are almost no entry level jobs in the major cities.
There isn't a place to start and move up. Even if you get an okay job, be prepared to not move up. You will only get a better job by applying for another. On the upside, once you have a job and a good set references (note; references multiple), you can start to apply for better jobs.
>>
>>728223842
>have been studying here for years now
what kind of useless cuck r u?
>>
>>728223842
Doesn't that require a high GPA or so?
>>
>>728227998
http://www.mastersportal.eu/studies/875/earth-oriented-space-science-and-technology.html
>>
>>728227482
No, I don't know what it is like to live in a third world country.
I do know what is like to be a poorfag in Australia, and a poorfag in California.
100% Australia is better for a poorfag. Just not Sydney or the Gold coast.
>>
>>728229557
>I do know what is like to be a poorfag in Australia, and a poorfag in California.

Oh so you know nothing. Great.
>>
>>728229829
I'm not even arguing with you.

My advice (and plenty of others here too) was that there are many better places to be than the US if you are going to up and leave your home country.
I highlighted my experience to prove your point, 'US is better place to live than a third world country', inviting you to add your experience.
In my opinion, the US is one of the crappiest places to be for a poorfag, as the US worships money, above its people, above justice.

Now, YOU bring something to the table, since *I* did.
>>
>>728221446
Google search free University. Remove all that are in languages you are not fluent in. Remove all that require special conditions (like must be from sub-sahara, be a nigger). Eliminate subjects you suck at. Arrange leftover list by location.
Investigate cost of living in each place (wages vs rent, utilities etc), Average unemployment.
Apply for everything that seems doable.
Get Uni degree, every country wants you (doesn't matter subject), make a shitload of money wherever you go, even if not in your field of study, because employers want to suck your dick if you have a degree and can fill their minority quota.

Or fuck it all, become a plumber/tradesman. Blue collar workers make a higher average wage than white collar workers in my country. Also if you work on new real estate, you don't have to get up to your elbows in shit.
Good luck.
>>
>>728221446
eat shit and stay in your country, we do not want you here, fucking piece of shit, go somewhere else faggot
>>
>>728221446
What skills, qualifications do you have?
If all you have is a pair of hands, the Mexicans already have taken those jobs.
>>
>>728221446
if you move to florida get a D and G security license. if you can work for disney and they will PAY for the training and filing costs(pay is pretty decent to).
security here in florida makes good-great money. an armed guard working for federal contractors can make 15-25 starting with that doubling within 90 days. the work itself isnt hard and will usually have you just walking around, taking notes on maintenance issues and just sitting around doing nothing
>>
>>728221446
don't come here to study. go to switzerland or somewhere that has free tuition. the only reason i'm not doing that is because my entire life is grounded here. friends family gf etc
>>
>>728234118
if you believed in your own advice you would take it instead of finding excuse to not
>>
>>728234382
Well I love my parents and my friends and girlfriend so I don't really want to leave... plus my dad's a veteran and didn't use his free tuition benefits so I get free tuition anywhere in Texas.
>>
>>728221446
>What about small towns that surround big cities? Like Glendale, CA.
Holy fuck what a bunch of anti-Americans
There is a reason more foreign students attend US Universities than all other countries combined.
The US is a very large and very diverse country. Tuition in some schools is 10x the amount of other schools and living costs in some areas are 2-5x other areas. Other than the top couple of schools, the value of a degree from a state college like University of Montana (tuition about $10K/year) is worth exactly the same as a private college like Oberlin (tuition $80k/year).
Go for a state school in a low unemployment state.
For example Boise State University is about $15K a year tuition, Boise has a great night life, and unemployment is 4% in Idaho so it's really easy to get a job.
>>
>>728224389
Read, retard. I clearly said that I have been studying here for years, i.e., I'm not from here. Also, why the fuck would a US citizen be aware of an Eastern-European scholarship program as I mentioned?

>>728228060
Yes, I work as a research assistant right now. I've had other opportunities for full-time summer work though.

>>728228246
PhD student. The salaries for graduates would suggest that I'm not a useless cuck, but if 6-digit starting salaries mean I am a cuck, then call me a cuck; I'll call you waiter/cashier/shoe shine boy or whateverthefuck pleb job you are stuck in.

>>728228377
Yes, you will need a high GPA. Scholarships, assistantships, and tuition waivers are intended for the most promising students. That does not mean they are unatainable. You can't be accepted if you don't apply.

All the idiots in this thread saying that the USA sucks fall into one of the following categories:

1. Live in a large city or cucked state where the cost of living created by compassionate liberals is sky high
2. Bitter, semi-talented manchildren that resent the fact that they are not in the top 10% in terms of capability and therefore don't earn the top 10%.
3. Non-Americans that are bitter about not having a route to the USA. I was like this at one time.
4. Those that get their worldview from the Huffington Post and Jezebel. But now I'm being redundant because all of the above categories also fall into this one.

Good luck, Moldovafag.
>>
>>728235333
Seems like you've got things pretty well together except for the last 4/5 lines of your post.
I think op would benefit if you listed how you got to where you are now by listing simple steps, and some general advice. For example:
How did you pick your university (don't have to say which)?
What kind of tests do you have to do?
Where should he start his research?
Any specific organisations you know of to help out eastern European dudes?
>>
>>728221446
You sound depressed. Even if you are poor, you can still improve your life by working out.
Chicks will like you more if you are fit.
>>
>willing to work like a nigger.

Niggers don't work. They are lazy as fuck.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.