[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some dumbass cut my left forearm with a Boxcutter. I've

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5259.jpg (105KB, 426x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5259.jpg
105KB, 426x1280px
Some dumbass cut my left forearm with a Boxcutter. I've used 91% Isopropyl alcohol and antibacterial soap to tend to the wound only to receive little results

It's been 1hour, and Im still bleeding.
What do I do?
>>
>>728172199
if it doesn't stop freely bleeding, get stitches.
>>
File: IMG_5253.jpg (305KB, 1168x1581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5253.jpg
305KB, 1168x1581px
>>728172199
>>
>>728172199
uhm, hospital maybe?
>>
Use a damn tight bandage to clot the cut. Its already clean enough from the alcohol. If it gets infected, go to the doctor.
>>
>>728172199
Try to keep the wound as closed as possible and apply some pressure with something to prevent more bloodloss, seek professional help tbh
>>
That needs stiches dumb dumb. Kike around 5 Id say.
>>
Was it while you were you working? If so, file an incident report, if not gauss and medical tape.
>>
>>728172199
How fucking dumb are you? Wrap that fucker up and get some stiches.
>>
>>728172199
maybe go outside and do some pushups
>>
>>728172199
stop being a pussy
>>
Stitches. Trust me you want em. Don't wrap a shirt around it either....
>>
>>728172517
This. That cut needs stitches OP. Gonna heal all fucked up otherwise, as I'm guessing you don't know how to bandage anything properly.
>>
Stop using rubbing alcohol you fucktard, it kills the cells that are trying to heal the wound.
>>
Duck tape
>>
Yeah buddy that is gonna need stitches. Otherwise you will need butterfly bandages if you are brokefag. Not deep enough to bleed out but you need to close the wound so the clot will seal.
>>
>>728172199
>It's been 1hour,
ur fucked. You were supposed to clean it out completely, slather some neosporin in it, and then hold it closed/tape it shut until it coagulated/held itself together.

now ur gonna be left with a bigass scar, unless you go use a toothbrush on it with soap, and scrub it back open again, then follow above.
>>
Fold a large gauze pad into a shape large enough to cover the wound, then wrap compression bandage around it. Go to the store and get some liquid bandage and apply 2 or 3 coats of it next time you clean the wound.
>>
>>728172199
Needle and thread bitch.
>>
>>728172672
Also forgot to add that the super glue shit for cuts does magic for poorfags as well. Saves a trip to e.r. or urgent care and cheap.
>>
>>728172199
ER nursefag here. Stitches dude. If you have some superglue that would actually work in the short term but if you have access to an er go there first
>>
>>728172199
Cut whole, uncooperative thing off. It's fucking gashed-in.

Pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again.
>>
>>728172199
Let them take over the plane. You don't want to get another cut like that..
>>
>>728172199
Super glue. Stitches would be better, but if you lack medical insurance, then a basic general purpose superglue can close it up.
>>
Its a lost cause... you're gonna bleed out...
Better amputate and "cut" your losses.
>>
>>728172681

This is kinda getting there.

You've cleaned it OK but stop using alcohol on it and use something like betadine or other iodine based anitseptic.

You need to get the edges of the wound to close. You can use surgical tape to pull them together and hold in place or even sticky tape.

Alternately you can stick the top edges with super glue if nothing else is available.
>>
Ok here we go.

1. Clean that shit out with water again.

2. Hydrogen peroxide that shit

3. Get that triple antibiotic. Slabs goo of it inside. Do not put any on the outside the skin

4. Sterii strip it close, saves the stitches part, plus it doesn't even look THAT deep to warrant stitches.

5. Get some tegaderm or something and seal that hoe off all day until night time to air out

6. Then put triple ant on the surface but away for the strips or it lose the adhesives and you gotta go back to number one.

7. Once you the a scab to form it's a hard shell you can remove the strips but try not to get it wet or you soften the scabs so use the tegaderm while u shower too
>>
File: IMG_5264.jpg (322KB, 795x2547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5264.jpg
322KB, 795x2547px
Stopped bleeding.

I'm about to use Neosporin. I'm no brokefag but this wound doesn't look all bad. I just need it stop bleeding.

Do I really need stitches? The cut doesn't seem deep at all.
>>
>>728172199
How'd he cut your arm open with a box cutter? Was it a fight? Why did he stop?
>>
>>728172199
half inch of mayonnaise all over the surface.
put warm water soaked cloth for 2 hours.
wait until internal temperature reach 110F.

Try it OP, I do this every Sundays.
>>
>>728172199
Stop fucking asking these fags for medical help and go get someone who know what to do and what the fuck they're talking about.

Don't be one of the fucking morons that dies of an easily preventable infection cause you decided 4Chan of all places was the best place for medical assistance.
>>
>>728173292
Nevermind, life is futile and full of pain...
In my medical opinion, I advise you take 2 depleted uranium rounds orally and call me in the morning.
>>
File: IMG_5269.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5269.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>728173681
Noticeable flap of skin though.
>>
>>728172199
Use Krazy glue. I know it sounds crazy (lol) but I use it often for cuts that need stitches. I was actually invented for the purpose of holding a laceration together in the Vietnam War. Google it.
>>
ER nurse here. I'd recommend stitches since the cut was with a razor, but honestly just keep it dry and use some tape to keep it together. In 3-5 days it should be ok to expose it. But keep it dry.
>>
>>728173681
depends on how much you care about scaring.
it'll be alot bigger if you don't but i wouldn't say you NEED them
>>
>>728173681
Do you want to lose an arm? Go to the doctor and get some actual help mate, otherwise you risk death or amputation.
>>
>>728173681
put gauze (or paper towels, or cloth bandages, whatever you have) on it, and don't take it off if it get's soaked, just keep adding more bandages. It should help keep the blood in the wound long enough to form a scab. Just keep it clean and don't pick it and keep adding more bandages. It doesn't look like you need stitches, but it'll scar.
>>
Get on a treadmill fat ass
>>
>>728172983
No. Dude lol you sure u a nurse? That's not deep enough to warrant stitches. If it was deep that you could see the yellow fat then maybe some stitches. Steri strips will do
>>
>>728173681
If I were you, I'd just leave it be, doesn't look that bad. Sure you'll get a scar, but who cares.
>>
>>728173681
Stitches or butterfly bandages. You gotta hold that sucker closed or it will take forever to heal and you increase risk of infection.

Hospital's the best bet you'll be in and out. If you don't have insurance and insist on doing it yourself at least set up an appointment with a clinic in the next few days to monitor for signs of infection.
>>
>>728174195
>not nursefag

But 1- yes it is deep enough for stitches you fucking shitwaffle. 2- does OP look/read like the kind of guy who can bandage himself up properly?
>>
>>728174079
this
get some fuckin stitches man
>>
File: 1481957859296.jpg (124KB, 782x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481957859296.jpg
124KB, 782x960px
>>728174079
death or amputation? really nigga? as long as op doesn't swim in sewers and cleans it he'll be fine
>>
>>728172199
EMT fag here. You really should get stiches...If you can't see a doc, do this

Put bandage on arm and apply pressure Don't lift the bandage to peak, it rips away the blood clots that are forming and starts bleeding again.
Lift arm above your head, this will help with slowly down the bleeding.
>>
>>728172199
>cut my left forearm with a Boxcutter
When the fuck will they learn and outlaw those things from the general public
>>
superglue. really
>>
>>728173681
>>728173992
did you not read what I wrote here >>728172681
?

oh, of course not, because OP is a faggit.
You were supposed to hold it shut and let it close itself.
ER will just put tape bandages on it to close it up some, and then tape some gauss on it and send you a bill for ~$2000.

read my previous post idiot, then do what it says.
>>
>>728172199
That might need stitches...

Or krazyglue it shut. It actually works pretty good and they already have version for emergency field dressing.
>>
>>728174413
Well OP clearly rolls around in lard and frying grease all day - close enough right
>>
>>728174510
Trailer park boys style
>>
>>728174109
What does it have to do with anything?
>>
>>728172199
Burty deep muh dude
Either go to the hospital and get some stitches or clean the wound, super glue it shut and wrap tightly with bandages
>>
>>728172199
Get a tube of super glue and glue it closed. Don't try to do the whole thing in one go. Do like 1/4th of it, wait gif it try dry, then another 1/4th until you've closed it all up completely like it would look with stitches. Then toss a bandaid or two on it and reapply a top layer of super glue as needed until it's healed. You'll be fine in a few days.

I didn't have health insurance for like 6 years and did a lot of home remedies like this on my own to avoid hospital bills.
>>
>>728172199
General surgeon fag here. There is multiple studies about stitches that proves OP is biggest fag of all.

My medical opinion is that you should drink as much bleach as you can. 2 to 4 liters would suffice.

Please post results.
>>
>>728173992
Nigger you need to close it up and cover it. Neo every other day change dressing everyday. First sign of infection go to urgent care for antibiotics
>>
>>728174413
You severely underestimate how easy it is for the smallest of wounds to get infected if untreated
>>
>>728174612
DON'T DO THIS

the glue will go into your blood stream and glue all your veins and arteries shut. my brother died this way
>>
Skateboard/formwork Carpenter here from my experience ether clean the shit throw a good bandage on it take it easy for a couple day and be ready for it to take a week or 2 heal and have a nice scare or go get fucking stiches like a normal person
>>
>>728172199
Butterfly it and cover it with gauze for now, get stitches as soon as you can.
>>
Why are you asking these spergs for help? Get stitches man smh
>>
>>728172199
Go buy some butterfly bandaids and close it with those then cover it with one of those large patch bandaids and put a little neosporin on it first.
>>
>>728174109
>Boxcutter injury
>Get on a treadmill fat ass
>>
Hippocrates II here. I recommend a tourniquet around the bicep and a saw right at the elbow. Have a blowtorch handy to gently cauterize the wound
>>
>>728172199

Its bleeding because you wont let the blood coagulate on it.

I would go get stitches, or atleast bandage it up so a scab can form.
>>
Theres only one thing to do.
Finish what the other guy started. Faggot.
>>
>>728172199
Mother fucker, does this look like WebMD too you?
>>
Son of God here. You shall cut that evil arm to get closer to the Holy spirit.

Also, I know when you fap on your sis
>>
Cut the other guy with the box cutter then your equal
>>
That fucker's gonna take a long time to heal on account of the diabeetus I assume you have
>>
>>728172199
if u can pinch the skin on itself u can use super glue like home made stiches
>>
>>728172199
>>728172331
>>728173681
>>728173992
OP here. I visited my doctor. No I won't be needing stitches, but I will develop a scar. Just apply Neosporin everyday and use long bandages
>>
>>728176154
No Diabetes.
>>
>>728172199
Your isp is now legally allowed to do whatever it wants with your internet browsing data, your government can now see all your browsing history simply by requesting your isp to hand it over. This is the only way to stop them http://www.deleteip.com
>>
>>728176304
>>
>>728176905
Already have one installed.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.