[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These fuckers in Australia have a discrimination law titled '18c'.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 205x115px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 205x115px
These fuckers in Australia have a discrimination law titled '18c'. under this law you're breaking the law if you 'offend' people. decent ppl have lost their livelihoods over this. I am now on a mission to invoke 18c every time i see some stupid fucking snowflake article. Remember this - 'I INVOKE 18C'.use it everywhere. stupid fuckers.
>>
This shit is what happens when you let women into politics.
>>
>>727522051
This is mind boggling

I thought 'cunt' was the preferred word when expressing affection towards another person in australia

Will you guys have to change your entire language because of this?
>>
>>727522117
Woman have been involved in politics for centuries you ignoramus
>>
Wew, so edgy! I bet you made a status about it on facebook too.
>>
wow - accusing a post of being 'edgy' - how do you find time to make these comments when you're so busy with you're successful life as a cumbag?
>>
>>727522185
not voting
>>
Fuck i thought we were safe from all this shit might a well see how far I can push this law.
>>
You idiots are missing a key word, it's the RACIAL discrimination act. You aren't breaking the law to offend someone by calling them a useless cunt and to fuck off, you're breaking it if you discriminate against people of a certain race.
>>
i feel racially discriminated against when anyone who isn't a pure shade of white says anything offensive. the game can be played both ways.
>>
Piss off mate, no one gives a fuck about 18C. If you're upset you can't be more of a cunt to minorities then I suggest you move to Russia.
>>
>>727522829
That's not how it works either. If they offend you without racial discrimination being the basis for that, no law broken. If you were to be racially abused by someone of a different race, then there's a law broken.
>>
So what about the white guys in QLD who queried why aboriginals needed their own computer lab and got sued for $500K. Their careers and names were destroyed for asking the question.
>>
Why do particular races need their own fucking computer lab. I'm very interested in your justification for that.
>>
>>727523119
Link to an article or anything about this? I highly doubt people would be been sued for simply querying something like that, there must've been more to it.
>>
Maybe jews, women, aboriginals, transgenders, etc all need their own computer labs. That sounds like a fantastic way to build understanding between people by segregating them.
>>
sorry - it was $250K.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/18c-case-student-cleared-by-queensland-university-of-technology/news-story/a86f5c3d65d1c1df5289bcd44bc354d2
>>
>>727523415
As the article states the professor UNSUCCESSFULY tried to sue the students, she ended up having to pay court costs of $200K.
>>
this university employee douchebag SUED the students for being unaware of the indigeneous only policy. it destroyed them. it is fucking disgusting.
>>
this bullshit law allowed this to happen. imagine ur in their shoes and have to defend a $250K lawsuit.
>>
>>727523696
>>727523747
That's exactly why the person who unsuccessfully tried to sue the students had to pay $200K as a result of the courts orders; to pay for the costs they had to expend in order to defend the case. The students were not 'ruined' by this.
>>
justice against this bitch may have been served but at the expense of people who cannot afford this bullshit. i could defend against this shit now but i'd lose my house in the process.
>>
>>727522051
Literally no one cares about this besides right wing edgy cunts. This country has far more important shit to do.
>>
when they order the loser to pay the court costs its DOESN'T cover the costs. it covers the courts minimum hourly rate based on a calc they came up with 20 years ago. it destroys people.
>>
>>727522185
That doesn't mean it's a good idea
>>
>>727522051
I'll be rooting for you
>>
>>727523863
As previously mentioned, the court ordered she had to pay $200K, part of which went to reimbursing 100% of what the students had to expend to defend the case.
>>
>>727523887
you'll care when its you, a friend, or a family member in this situation. its easy to ignore until it smacks you in the face.
>>
>>727523947
>>727523863
>>727523747
>>727523696
>>727523415
>>727522829
>>727522423
The exact same fucking fag
>>
>>727524024
Kek fuck off dickhead. What utter cunt gibberish.
>>
>>727524011
as i said, reimbursing court costs does not cover the actual expense, not to mention the time, loss of reputation, and everything else involved here. these students couldn't continue their study while this went on for two or three years. you're incredibly ignorant about the actual impacts of these things.
>>
>>727524045
yeah i'm the same fag because we're discussing something you dickcheese. wow - one person is arguing a point. maybe you're not used to it.
>>
>>727524201
You're not even replying to anyone you fucking autistic newfag. You're just throwing incoherent, irrelevant bullshit at the wall and hoping something sticks. Go back to your Andrew Bolt blog or wherever it is your spastic cunts congregate.
>>
>>727524394
you clearly failed english because anyone who can comprehend the language would realise that there has been a discussion here. invoking andrew bolt is fucking pathetic and is the backup plan for anyone who can't actually form a coherent sentence.
>>
>>727522051
then don't offend people, moron.
>>
>>727524723
offending people shoudn't be illegal. if you can't actually argue your point and rely on some bullshit law to protect you then maybe you're position isn't correct. offending people's sentiments is how the fucking world progresses.
>>
>>727524552
>accusing someone of being unable to perform a coherent sentence
>doesn't even bother to type of capitals

And no, there isn't a discussion here.

>>727523947
>>727523863
>>727523747
>>727523696
>>727523334
>>727523119
>>727522423
>>727522117
This is all literally just you having a conversation with yourself lmao.

>invoking Andrew Bolt
Jesus I've really triggered you, haven't I little buddy?
>>
>>727524879
you seem confused about what a conversation involves. each of my posts was a response to someone else. that is a conversation. you'll have to try a lot harder than that to trigger me.
>>
>>727524879
i'm still waiting for an actual discussion about anything from you - quoting me and talking about 'triggering me' is pathetic.
>>
>>727524143

The $200,000 was actually to reimburse legal costs, not to cover court damages.

I can't post the link to the article because 4chan is autistic and I've been trying for the past 10 minutes, but if you google exactly "QUT 18c Court Orders" and pick the fourth link down from the Australian, you'll see
>>
>>727525024
>>727525122
>making two separate responses to a singular post
Geez you really are triggered.
>>
>>727524827
Learn to read, imbecile. RACIAL discrimination act.
>>
>>727525162
thank you for something constructive. i suggest the others research what 'court costs' means. it is the bare minimum cost of a lawyer based on an outdated calc. anyone paying for a competent lawyer is paying a fuckload more.
>>
>>727524827
You right wing cunts love to pull the whole 'muh free speech' card just so you can getaway with saying racist and bigoted shit without consequence. And what's really ironic is that altright cunts are now blocking free speech more than any other political group with their whole 'fake news' bullshit.
>>
>>727525242
thank you for your contribution here. i'm 1/164th portugese. your comment racially offends me. expect a summons. that may be extreme but that is why this shit shouldn't exist.
>>
>>727525376
i'm not racist. you're assuming that because i don't like this stupid law. i'm gay and i've experienced my fair share of discrimination. i'm sure you'll have a field day with that. i just think its wrong. as i would if gays had a special law.
>>
>>727525423
And that is another prime example of people on this thread failing to understand of concept of racial discrimination. I didn't insult/discriminate against you based on your race, I simply called you an idiot, you idiot.
>>
>>727525540
i think we should all have equal laws and equal protections.
>>
>>727525540
Nobody has a special law here you fucking poofta. 18c blocks hate speech to all groups of people. I'd get in as much trouble as racially abusing a white guy as a I would a black guy.
>>
>>727525693
i'm very aware of discrimination based on some aspect of ourselves. like i said, equal laws and equal protections.
>>
>>727525540
Out of curiosity, why do you dislike this law? Someone can't simply claim they're offended by a comment, they have to be explicitly targeted by a racist comment. I don't see how this law is a bad thing.
>>
>>727525728
someone else stated very clearly that 18C is all about race. not about anything else.
>>
>>727525919
"reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate" - I don't think we should be enshrining in law that people cannot be offended, insulted, or humiliated. Intimidating people is wrong and i have no issue with that. In this conversation alone people have attempted to offend, insult and humiliate me - that is part of a robust discussion. It shouldn't be illegal.
>>
>>727526222
and i'm well aware that this is a racial discrimination law. but that can be grossly misused.
>>
>>727526500
i'm curious why i'm allowed to 'offend, insult humilate' someone of my own 'race' as defined by whoever defines these things but i cannot do the same with others.
>>
>>727526708
despite what some of th previous posters think of me i'm very socially progressive. i don't think that stupid laws for particular segments of society is helping any of us. it basically indicates that certain segments of society are so precious that they need special laws and protection. it seriously doesn't help the situation.
>>
>>727526986
this is an echo chamber now. i'l move on.
>>
>>727526986
Hahahahahahahahahahahahah haha
>>
>>727527297
intelligent comment there. congratulations.
>>
TL;DR the world is collecitvely turning into a progressive shithole and there's nothing we can do about it
>>
>>727527426
progressives have made all of our lives better in many ways. having said that, special snowflake syndrome needs to be exterminated.
>>
>>727522051
>decent ppl have lost their livelihoods over this
you mean racists
>>
>>727527574
pathetic response. you clearly think that white person = racist, which is a massive part of the problem here. go choke on a dick.
>>
>>727527566
I'm all up for equal rights amongst everybody; but that shouldn't mean you should cut down free speech just to accomodate a small minority.

People that use the term 'neurodiversity' for exampke
>>
>>727527574
Have you ever met an abo m8
>>
>>727527707
as long as minorities have equal rights i agree. as a homo it is shit when ppl are cunts. equal rights for all is the answer though.
>>
>>727527925
and that includes equal rights to express your opinion. christians should be allowed to screech about homos if they choose. i don't like it, but it is their right, and it is everyone else's right to tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>727528255
and that is why i hate 18C. if people aren't allowed to express their opinion we're all fucked.
>>
>>727522659
Nigger if I want to call niggers nigger, I'll call them nigger. No dumb fuck nigger lover is going to keep me from calling nigger nigging niggers niggers. Or aboogawoo, whatever. No one should be punished for a simple insult or slur, that's naziesque
>>
I don't care about anyone's opinion unless they forcibly lament them as fact.

Which is exactly what gubments across the globe are doing.
>>
>>727528316
i don't like the terms you're using but its your fucking right to do so. protecting 'feelings' is far scarier to me than allowing people to say offensive things.
>>
>>727522659
I want the right to all someone a nigger as much as niggers want the right to call me cracker or devil.
But of course the latter will be exempt from repercussions by default.
>>
>>727528532
one rule for all.
>>
>>727528583
of course i'm a rightwing nutbag for saying such a thing, however it should be one set of rules for all, no matter how much it offends people.
>>
So there are thought crimes now?
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.