[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /b// Medical student here, happy to discuss your problems.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 11

File: IMG.jpg (1MB, 1512x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
1MB, 1512x2688px
hey /b// Medical student here, happy to discuss your problems.

If you need advice please use the following template

What's the issue?
When did it start?
Has it got better, worse or stayed the same since you first noticed?
If it's pain: Does it go anywhere else?
What type of pain is it?

Anyone if your family have anything similar to this problem?
What medication are you on? Include anything over the counter

What do you think it is?
>>
>>727514855
I have a chest infection. It became noticeable yesterday. I have shallow breathing, constantly dehydrated and coughing up some green googilies. The location of my pain is below my Adam's apple. How dangerous is it for me to smoke at the moment?
>>
>>727515022

Smoking will make your shortness of breath worse. It will also make it take longer before your chest infection clears up.
>>
I scraped the skin off of my knuckle accidently with a razor. Gone through six bandaids since 11pm. Won't stop bleeding. It's lightened a little since last night but I can see pink meat. Do I need to go to the hospital?
>>
>>727515237

ENP Here.
Depends. May need a stitch or two if its actively bleeding through multiple dressings.
>>
>>727514855
What are the side effects of constantly dipping my penis in wild honey?
>>
>>727515550
It will get sticky.
>>
Hey OP.

I eat a very healthy diet, lots of veggies and protein, but I become constipated for about a week, shit like crazy for a day, hen repeat.

The feces always seems to acccumulate in my lower left abdomen, forming a palpable sausage. I've had ultrasounds and MRIs, but the docs keep telling me it's just fecal accumulation and nothing more.

But why is it happening, and how can I fix it?
>>
>>727515367
If I were going to do that I would at least clean the worm before doing it.

Shits just lazy man.
>>
>>727515533
Thanks
>>
>>727515894

Also probably worth getting a tetanus jab if you're not up to date.
>>
>>727514855
Why does my pee froth sometimes?

It's not consistent for more than a day or two at a time.

As far as I know this isn't usual.
>>
>>727515971
>>727515971
I flushed it immediately with alcohol, peroxide, and followed up with triple antibiotic cream. Im just worried about it being on my knuckle. Trying not to bend it, bleeds worse obviously.
>>
>What's the issue?
After getting out of breath, my breathing is wheezing and puffing, very difficult to take a deep breath or exhale completely. Like a weight on my chest. The problem is certainly a lot worse when lying down. I am allergic to cats but I live without a cat. My parents have one and the problems get worse when I'm visiting them.

>When did it start?
Maybe a year ago, was jogging while it was freezing, went to my friend's place and there was a cat. Instantly after lying down, I noticed that there's like a weight on my chest, made it real hard to inhale. Like, I had to put actual effort to inhale.

>Has it got better, worse or stayed the same since you first noticed?
Stayed the same.

>If it's pain: Does it go anywhere else?
Not pain, but the heavy feeling is centered on my chest mostly. My hands sometimes go numb as well.
>>
>>727514855

>What's the issue?
I already was diagnosed with alopecia areata when highly stressed. I only get one spot though not multiple. Always in a random and different area.
The main issue now though is these terrible pains i get ALL over my body. Especially my joints. Some days its unbearable and i will start tearing up in bed. Can barely move on really bad days. I also have terrible lapses in short term memory. I have a terrible time focusing and remembering things and this never happened before. Now its a common occurence. Happens multiple times throughout the day. Friends are frustrated with me because of it.

>When did it start?
End of February 2016

Worse.

It tends to move around. Some days its my entire body. Other days its my knees or my arms and fingers, or my ankles or shoulders.

>What type of pain is it?
It feels like my entire body got run over by a truck. The joint pain feels like a sharp "cold" and stiff pain.

>Anyone if your family have anything similar to this problem?
No.

>What medication are you on? Include anything over the counter
I forget the names but doctor prescribed 2 meds. One for muscle spasms and one for joint swelling? Even though my joints dont get swollen. I took the meds for a whole month straight and noticed absolutely no difference. I stopped taking them 2 months ago. No over the counter meds. So none right now.

>What do you think it is?
Doctor said it was fibromyalgia but i dont believe him. Internet says only 4% of fibromyalgia patients are men and usually older than 30. Im only 23.

>other notes
I dont drink alcohol or coffee. Dont smoke either. No drugs ever. Not even marijuana. Nothing. Used to drink when i was 21 but stopped when i turned 22
>>
>>727516349
nigga you got pneumonia
>>
>>727515619
Eat different types of fibre, cereals, wholegrains, etc. Don't just eat veggies for fibre. Also drink more water.
>>
>>727514855
>What's the issue?
Ectopic heartbeats, sometimes extended trigamy
>When did it start?
noticeable about 14 years ago, although I'd had a few normal ones
It got quite bad, then improved. It comes and goes - never been able to identify causal effects. Sometimes bad after some foods, or vagus nerve stimulation from certain masturbation techniques
>Anyone if your family have anything similar to this problem?
Not that I'm aware off. Father had heart attacks until death, but that was probably smoking/bad diet/lack of exercise.
>What medication are you on? Include anything over the counter
>What do you think it is?
Defect in the heart muscle? I've thought about ablation, but that carries risks. It sometimes feels like I'm suffering a 14-year heart attack. It has created anxiety, but that's pretty well under control now, and some hypochondria
>>
>>727516474
(cont)
sorry -missed pain questions.

no, no pain
>>
>>727514855

I am depressed and on a ISSR, but I feel still kinda "sober drunk" and my vision is always blurry

Really want to kill myself help me

also I am a pharmacist student so you can talk to me technical
>>
>>727516403

Forgot to mention that the doctor tested me for hypothyroidism and arthritis. Both came back negative
>>
>>727516412
I don't have the symptoms of pneumonia, no fever and no cough.
>>
>>727516474

Obviously ablation carries risks, but most people I have treated with similar conditions end up going for ablation as much for symptom control as anything else.

Also worth remembering that risk of sudden cardiac related death is pretty significantly increased with trigemini.

Your choice man but I would get the ablation.
>>
>>727516544
Do you have suicidal idealization? If so that's a good enough reason to get an urgent psych assessment.
>>
everttime i cum my ears hurt like their burning advise?
>>
>>727516619

Sound more inflammatory/allergenic than anything else. You need a peak flow test. Maybe an ecg to rule out anything cardiac as they can present in the same way.

Go to GP, might get Ventolin and some antihistamines.
>>
Soo.. my butt is always itchy, especially in the middle of the night. I tend to scratch my butthole until it starts bleeding and I really can't bare it anymore. I've looked up for hemorrhoids symptoms but they're not matching with my symptoms. There's nothing on the surface of my butthole, it looks pretty normal.
>inb4
I can't visit docs. My anxiety is pretty bad, I can't talk to people.
>>
>>727514855
Bleeding from a rectal prolapse but only starts when wiping. How bad long term? Would a dildo possibly help adjust a prolapse?
>>
>>727516688
I forgot to add:
the ectopic problem is probably made worse by the fact I have a low pulse rate - always have had, and it's about 54 when resting in bed before sleep

Obviously the natural slow rhythm from the sinus give the focus (assuming that there's one) time to trigger early - a pacemaker set at 65-70 would also probably sort the issue, but that's (unnecessary and extreme)
>>
>the joint for my femur and hip and knee pain
>couple weeks ago
>got worse
>just that joint and my knee
>sharp pain, takes my breath away sometimes

>not sure
>just prozac and trazodone
>>
>>727514855
i have a mole on my dick as big as belgium,is it cancer?
>>
>>727514855
I have this lower back pain that feels like its my kidney but It does not hurt when i pee or has hurt to pee since I've had the pain.
Have any idea what it could be?
>>
>>727517092

Uneven edges? Changing shape? Painful?
>>
>>727517192
Are you fat?
Do you work out?
>>
>>727517192

Is it in the center of the back or more towards the flanks or on any particular side?
Anything that makes it worse or better?
Passing stools normally?
Urine a normal color?
Any other symptoms?
How long has it been going on for?
Any temperature/fever?
>>
>>727514855
Ok so last night i woke up around 2 am fucking freezing like i just played in the rain then hung out in a freezer. Thermostat was at 71 which normally its at 68. I was shaking so hard from the cold my wife thought i was walking around having a seizure.

Also when i woke up my stomach felt so empty it hurt, i walked down the hallway and had to sit down and take a breather i just couldnt catch my breath. Im at work now and my body just feels empty and useless.
>>
>>727514855
Im a senior at high school, and Im wondering if medicine is the right choice for college.

Is it worth it? Or is it outweighed by other jobs
>>
>>727517089

What were you doing when it started?
Do you have a normal range of movement?
Is the pain relieved by basic pain relief?
Is there any obvious swelling?
>>
>>727517353
Sounds like you have the flu.
>>
>>727517353

Do you have a fever?
Any cough?
Any D/V?
Where was the pain when you woke up? Was it upper chest?
>>
>>727517378
High debt, moderately-high risk, but high reward (depending on specialty).
>>
>>727517395
it started so mild that i can't quite remember, pretty sure i woke up like that

kind of, i could move it all the way but it hurts a lot.

i've only tried tylenol 3 and weed

no
>>
>>727517300
>>727517304
I am fat (currently 228 at 5,8) but for the last 2 months I've been losing weight.
Dropped 20 pounds just cutting out sugars and soda and I've been running on the treadmill daily at my local youfit.
And the pain is maybe 3 inches up and to the left if i start up from the crack of my ass.
Pooping is fine, urine is clear. It's been going on for maybe 4 months, maybe 5.
The only thing that makes it worse is if i stretch all the way towards the right.
Bonus question, do kegals, jelqing and penis pumps work to increase size?
>>
>>727517539
oops, meant to say the tylenol 3 doesn't help, weed does help take the edge off except when walking
>>
>>727514855
Allergical/Atopical Keratoconjunctivitis (Conjunctivitis).
Recurrence since 10.
Worsened over time, prevalence into adulthood.
Constant inflammation of conjunctiva, redness, swelling -- mild phophobia, foreign substance sensation *no itching, rather stinging.
Family has a historical condition of atopical diseases.
Meds: Patanol, etc.

How do I fix this?
>>
*While playing Candy Crush on phone* I'm having stomach pain. It's been going on for like 3 weeks. The pain is 10/10. Can I have something to eat and some socks please.

I hear that shit at my work all the time and I instantly stop caring about if you have a real problem.

Inner city level 1 trauma center ER nurse here.
>>
>>727516349
Talk to your doctor. They'd need to do examinations. You might need a chest x-ray. It could be fluid accumulating in your lungs, if you have family history of cancer or smoke more than 7 packs of cigarettes per week for more than 5 years it may be cancer. If it comes and goes, I'd say less likley cancer. If it comess and goes, it could be an allergy. Does this happen only when you're around cats? If so, probably just an allergy which can be easily managed. You said you had chest pain when running, is it the same type of feeling? Could be just exercise induced asthma.
>>
>>727516403
Holy fuck you're exactly like someone I know bar him being 20.
>>
>>727517539

I'm assuming you can walk on it?
If that's the case then see your family doctor about it if its been going on for over 3 weeks. They will sometimes MRI if its a persistent problem with no obvious cause. Most of the time though its conservative treatment which means basic pain relief like ibuprofen and paracetamol (/acetaminophen) and see if it improves.

This is all provided you are normally reasonably fit and well and have no obvious co-morbidity that may cause this.
>>
>>727514855
>What's the issue?
pain in my stomach. not just my abdomen; the actual area where the stomach is anatomically located (left side, approximately at bottom of ribcage)
>When did it start?
idk like a week or so ago
it comes and goes. gets worse if I eat grease, acid, coffee, etc.
no
dullish? I have a terrible time quantifying pain.

gastritis is my guess based on my past history of stomach symptoms (have had gastritis on and off the last ~15 years and GERD most of that time as well, depending on my diet and other factors). can't hurt to get a professional opinion right?

I laid off coffee for the time being and am watching my fat/acid intake and that seems to help, but not much. so I ground up some anise and fennel because those are supposed to help gastritis. I put that in capsules and have been taking that daily. it seems to help more than the diet modifications.
>>
>>727514855
my pc broke
3weeks ago
it sthe same
its a pain
mental

no
im on no medication
i think its a system file somehow compressed.
>>
>>727517483
No none of that. Thats why I'm confused
>>
>>727517708
i can only barely walk on it, but it hurts very bad.
also tbh i am fat but my weight hasn't changed in years
>>
>>727517516
>specialty

Which specialty is best within the medical field, in terms of safety, pay, and recognition?
Im considering either medicine or some other degree, and rather stuck in this dilemma.
>>
>>727517562

Do you frequently need to urinate?
Legit question.
Also ever been tested for diabetes?
Would recommend a urine test.
>>
>>727517766
In the absence of better alternatives I would suggest you get an urgent ECG just to rule out anything cardiac.
>>
>>727517862
I have but only because I've been drinking lots of water. I work outside (cleaning pools) in Florida so I pretty much have to always be hydrated,
I have not but I will definitly check up on it.
>>
>>727517831

Doctor will probably give you basic pain relief and ask you to lose weight and see if it improves.

Tough life, but always worth checking and seeing what they recommend. Mileage may vary and totally depends on your general practitioner.
>>
>>727517691

He knows my pain. Wish your friend luck because he is only 20. I have had no luck figuring my pains out.
>>
>>727514855
general life
at birth
worse
everywhere
crushing pain
>>
>>727517859

I'm in the UK so may differ in the US.
But over here, the people making the big money are the general practitioners running private practices. Unbelievable money in that area.

In acute care, it seems cardiac and intensive care are where the money is being made.

Palliative is also surprisingly lucrative as they tend to have significant charitable income that gets cycled down to the doctors.
>>
>>727517993
if it counts for anything, last year i had a knee injury and the doctor said it was most likely cartilage damage and told me to go to physical therapy but i never went because it got better.

hasn't hurt again till now, plus my hip joint
>>
>>727518093
hey I have that too
>>
File: beringer.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
beringer.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>727515198
Shoot, I don't need a medical student to tell me that!
>>
>>727517862
>Asks if you frequently urinate because of diabetes
>recommends urine test

Nigga just check your BGL. No need to check urine first.

I'd do a hba1c before urine.
>>
>>727514855
i just had some severe heartpain. i was like "quick, have to post this before i die" and then saw your Post first, no Joke. Help me Hagase
>>
>>727518105
Know anything about Doctors without Borders?

Or the W.H.O even?
>>
Been coughing for the past few weeks.
Taste blood. Catches for breath because it feels like my lungs cant handle it.
Throw up after coughing if I drank too much liquid.
The throwing up part came on the 3rd day of my coughing. Right now I have a cold so i'm lying in my bed.

Also I think it's caused by the coldness of the temperature or cold water because when I stand up straight I can't help but cough and get a cold feeling on my back.

Pain on my lungs. Help i'm only 16.
>>
>>727518254
Urine test is because he has flank pain and want to see if there are any infection markers in it, not necessarily related to diabetes.

Long term, hba1c and glucose monitoring would be a good investment.
>>
>>727518306

MSF pretty much requires a working knowledge of foreign languages for most of their operations. I would have liked to have done it but found it difficult to get on expeditions with only English required,

No experience of WHO sadly.
>>
>>727516349
2nd medfag, id say go to the doctor seems like some obstructive lungdisease. Can be caused by asthma, allegies, idiopathic, but most of the time smoking.
>>
>>727518340
>not OP but
that don't sound good dude, see a doc pronto
also
>16
underage b&
at least have the sense to lie about your age
anyway rots of ruck anon
>>
>>727518453
Okay i'm 19 now.
>>
>>727516963
>I can't visit docs. My anxiety is pretty bad, I can't talk to people
Start talking to people little by little, until you build up a tolerance
>>
>>727518519
>i'm 19 now.
>>727518519
holy shit you're right
>>
>>727516403
Stopping meds that work on joints after 1 month is a bad idea. many of them are immunosuppresive and dont take effect till after about 3 months
>>
File: billy-ray-cyrus-1224379997.jpg (24KB, 440x343px) Image search: [Google]
billy-ray-cyrus-1224379997.jpg
24KB, 440x343px
Not sure if there's a term with it, but I've spent the last few months reminiscing about my past. It started when I got super faded, ate some chili fries, and brought me back to the times my mom made them for me before I moved out for college. I think it's gotten worse over time; I've been on a clean slate the past 3 months, but I get taken back to my 'looking back' moments on almost every action I do. It's starting to get annoying cause it's affecting me at my job, but I can't help it.

I haven't bothered asking my family if they had something like this happen, but I'd assume they'd tell me some superstitious nonsense I refuse to believe in. I don't take any medication in particular, but I do have zzquil in case it gets hard for me to sleep.

I'm completely clueless on why this is going on.

pic unrelated
>>
>>727518422
How would I go about in joining a government organization such as the W.H.O, or any other as a matter?

I'd like to genuinely thank you for your advice.
>>
>>727514855
Hello op. Heavy marijuana user, 27, male, college educated and gainfully employed, good gal, low stress life mainly. So recently I was travelling for work and was about to board my flight home when I suddenly became dizzy, had shortness or breath, blurred vision, and a weird weight or pressure in chest/shoulders. The symptoms ramped up over an hour, and finally I had them call the ems and I missed my flight.

Wasted a lot of money since the doctors said it must have been an anxiety attack triggered by stimulation of the vagus nerve (their theory was the nerve was triggered, made me think I was dying, and then an anxiety spiral reinforced that thought.) Pretty good explanation! But since I've been home, I have had daily issues that seem related to my heart. In particular, late at night I have woken up with chest pain and shortness of breath which ramps up into symptoms above. Getting out of bed seems to help. If its anxiety, why would it happen in the middle of the night when I am not thinking? Could it be possible that even with the wires they hooked up to me they are not seeing a heart defect, or could my smoking be altering my blood pressure to the point that the heart can't act as a pump and misses beats? Or am I simply a crazy person after a life of relative mental normalcy ? Any help is helpful!
>>
>>727518530
I tried, I'm still trying but it's really not working out. Even though I'm giving my best.
>>
What's the issue?
Have to exhale long before i can breathe again, have to put pillow under head to breathe during sleep, cant run or do anything without becoming breathless at 21
When did it start?
A few months after I've been quitting smoking cigarettes, started at 11 and quit at 18
Worse, for the last few days I've been feeling like im suffocating and I can hear my lungs when I breathe
Nope, just occassional on random parts of the chest
What type of pain is it?
Stabbing, goes away with coughing
>>
I'm gay. Is there a cure yet?
>>
>>727518742
Does it help to sleep on your belly? I am not op, just wondering.
>>
>>727517859
You should probably only get into medicine if you like the idea of being a doctor and find it interesting, not because of looking for the most lucrative option.
If you get into a career you don't like just to get more money, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>727518787
suck 2 dicks and call me in the morning
>>
>>727518787
Electrotherapy is safe and 100% effective
>>
>>727518787
Yes, but there are some mild side effects to the treatment
>>
>>727518812
Nope, only if I sleep sideways, the only position I can nowadays
>>
>>727518649

WHO generally look for post qualification experience and accept international applications to work in a variety of locations.

As far as I know they are particularly keen on those interested in infectious diseases and epidemiologists.

Significant research background is apparently useful. Have a colleague who works for them now and is part of their epidemiology research team. Seems pretty cool. Pay is average. Travels quite a bit.

If you are interested, contact one of their recruitment officers and they will generally give you contact details for someone on the team you are interested in. They also have decent internships, but can be very competitive to get on.
>>
Real question:
Whenever I remember a nostalgic memory good/bad/cringe-y, my eyes involuntary twirl and makes me a bit dizzy.

Please explain why.
>>
>>727518686
Oh forgot to mention they also saod I was severely dehydrated and gave me few bags of fluids in iv. Weird part is I had drank a lot of water the day before and was drinking water at a normal rate that day. idk if thats important but worth adding
>>
>>727514855
Issue- Coughing.
Started - About ten years ago
Hasn't gotten better or worse, just really fucking annoying.
No pain.

It's like a chronic cough, doctor thought it was bronchitis (orwhatevs) way back when, but apparently it wasn't.

Lung specialist couldn't figure it out either, went there in November. What is this shit?

Guess it's phlegm at the back of the throat when I cough, and it's like I HAVE TO cough to clear my throat. Happens a lot.
>>
>>727518919
Maybe its sleep apnea? I think sometimes the throat can get covered up somewhat and different positions make it easier. Are you overweight?
>>
>>727518838
>If you get into a career you don't like just to get more money, you're gonna have a bad time.
everybody please write this down somewhere. if you never listen to another piece of career advice, listen to this guy. it's fine to have a career that you're sorta meh about as long as you can pursue your interests outside work. but if you hate your job, or if your job wears you out so much you're too tired/brain-fried to do what you like on the weekends, get the fuck out ASAP.

t. someone who took the golden handcuffs route and ended up burning out completely
>>
>>727519046
190 pounds and 5'10
>>
>>727518562
You are suffering from a disease that they discovered during the US civil war, called nostalgia.
>>
>>727519092
I doubt thats it then, but again, I am not op. My mom has it and I thought perhaps that could be it
>>
>>727518787
Change genders. Sex with a dude isn't gay if you're a woman.
>>
>>727518995
I have a chronic cough, I pull those fucking intercostals all the time it sucks
>>
>>727517597
no reply?
>>
>>727519166
i guess my lungs are just permanently raped
thanks for trying to help tho
>>
>>727514855
I have a drying rash on top of my left hand and on the knuckles that is drying all the time to the point where when I flex my fist my skin is splitting on the knuckles. Also have bumpy spots around it. Been going on for 1 month keep lotion on hands try not to wash too much what do?
>>
>>727514855
my heart broke into tiny little pieces
>>
>>727519373
not OP but I recommend drinking heavily and/or getting blazed
>>
>>727518686
Op please! I have hdhp w hsa because I have always been very healthy and don't want to dish out for a cardiologist. Give me free advice!
>>
>>727519472
Thanks for the prescription, not OP

will do in a while
>>
>>727518686
mineral deficiency (potassium, calcium, sodium) causing issues with heart, all of these can cause heart attacks actually
>>
>>727518962
Problem with your mendulla oblongata
>>
>>727516746

>Do you have suicidal idealization?

Yes

> If so that's a good enough reason to get an urgent psych assessment.

Already did
>>
Whenever I do any leg based exercise, it feels like a point my right calf muscle is trying to tear itself. I stretch plenty and usually acts up if I'm doing 'extreme stuff' like running up a mtn / swimming close to a km. I've had it for a few years with no changes, and I think it may be scar tissue in my calf but I'm not sure. What's you opinion?
>>
>>727514855
I've had vesicular type athlete's foot for like three years but it's getting really out of hand on my feet.
Anything to recommend other than over the counter powder? I've been using that for about a week and it isn't really working
>>
>>727519644
But id been eating plenty of healthy food and getting tons of fluids, could I really have still been that lacking? Why does it persist? I eat well balanced meals and drink a lot of water daily. Its nit like they tested anything to determine I was dehydrated, I assumed they were throwing me a bone since I came to the er and missed my flight.
>>
>>727514855
>What's the issue?
Dejerine-Roussy/thalamic pain syndrome

>When did it start?
3.5 years ago, after ischemic stroke to the thalamus and too late """treatment""" (thanks France universal """healthcare""")

better, and still slowly getting better

three main pain wells: hip, kidney, shoulder/shoulder blade, radiating, and changing in intensity depending on the day, with lesser and lesser pain area and intensity along time

serious burn+getting the shit beaten out kind of pain, outside and inside

>Anyone in your family have anything similar to this problem?
ophtalmic migraines which were a warning symptom (was half blind due to scintillating schotoma after the stroke but have nearly fully got vision back), yes
brain infarction, no
(early heart infarction, yes, though)

>What medication are you on?
Kardegic to ease blood flow
Crestor to avoid cholesterol (didn't have any, and still don't) in the scar
Laroxyl and Lyrica for body pain (latter works better)
Tramadol + Paracetamol for occasional headache

>more info
still have to spend most of my time on a bed, and ends up in unbearable pain if I don't do that enough
still slowly getting better, though, even 3.5 years after
36 yo, did quit smoking (except cigarillos and cigars now and then; but not addicted anymore)

>question
seems that in most cases, it settles to a stable (not necessarily good) state much sooner than it does for me
chances that it'll keep on evolving in a good way (doctors I've seen don't take the gamble)?
>>
>>727514855
>issue
headaches that won't go away with painkillers, fluid in ear, confusion, can't focus, disoriented sometimes, sleep a lot (fatigue)

>start
10 days ago

It has gotten worse

Pain in head and neck

Piercing pain

No one has anything similar

I think it's brain cancer.
>>
>>727519851
If you're really getting the necessary nutrients then the problem is in absorbing, get your small and large intestine thoroughly checked and get supplements
>>
>>727519851
Oh, their test was 'is your urine yellow' and 'how many times have you urinated today' to which I said 'it was this morning but now not really, it mostly clear' and 'I do, about once every hour or 2 I guess'
>>
>>727519372
Answer my shit my hand itches so much that I'm itching open more cuts
>>
>>727519987
Will do, thanks op. I know I have gut problems. Not surprised there are . I have ibs and gerd
>>
>>727519372
See dermatologist. Might be fungal rash causing skin cracking, needing ciclopirox. But if you don't do that, try washing area once a day with shampoo containing pyrithione zinc. But seeing dermatologist is best bet.
>>
>>727519928
yup definitely brain cancer
>>
>>727520086
how long do I have then? xddd
>>
>>727520040
That means you surely need to start on supplements of sodium, calcium and potassium, maybe magnessium too, before it's too late
>>
>>727520122
How much should I take? Any suggestions of a good supplement, or just grab something at and or something? Or should i take the loss and go to my doc? Again, hdhp. Don't want to waste my time or monry if its mental
>>
>>727520220
Gnc not and. Thanks phone
>>
>>727519764
Pyrithione zinc shampoo on the feet. Also could try shampoo with sodium sulfate.
But any cure, including what you are doing, will not work overnight. Will need to do religiously 1-2 times a day for a month, then assess results.
>>
>>727520220
basically keep up your good diet and on top of that start taking the average dose for those supplements (the pharmacist will tell you). that'll force those nutrients to actually get inside your body and take your heart attack risk away
>>
>>727520415
>>727520297
help me maybe?
>>727519928
>>
>>727520113
5 minutes.
>>
>>727520415
Will do, today. Cheers, saved me thousands probably.
>>
What's the issue?
My hearing has gone really bad suddenly. It feels a lot like when you don't clear your sinuses when you go in an airplane at high altitude. My left ear is far worse than my right, but both have the problem.
When did it start?
A couple days ago. I just woke up and noticed my hearing was fucked.

Hasn't gotten any better.

There's no pain.

I guess some of my relatives have hearing loss? But I'm 20 and the others are all old.

No meds taken yet.

What do op?
>>
>>727520431
I am not op, but once I had this infection in my throat that spread into my ear and it caused most of that. O had to take Sudafed to open up the connection between throat and ear because it was too fluid filled and I also had to take something for the resulting ear infection. It went away after a while of treatment
>>
>>727520453
<3
>>727520535
Are there bugs / spiders in your home?
>>727520431
do you listen to loud music? what does the fluid look like?
>>
>>727520589
I went to the ear doctor but she decided to not give me any antibiotics.

just nasal spray.

lol
>>
>>727519372
(I'm not OP)
Do you happen to wear any gloves?, the reason I ask is because I had the exact same thing the rash on my hands felt like fire, & were going pretty scaly and if i made a fist it would crack and start bleeding.
The answer to my problem was my work gloves, It was either the dye used in them or the adhesive glue that was used and gave me an allergic reaction, it is pretty common or so I have read on google happens a lot with people feet from there shoes aswell.
Anyway something for you to investigate.
>>
attending physician here. don't take advice from a medical student
>>
I've come to notice recently that I feel every emotion too strongly.
If I'm slightly mad I explode in anger or just thinking about something sad makes me come close to crying.

Any idea if I'm just that type of person or should I go to an actual therapist/doctor?
>>
>>727520649
I don't listen to loud music, no.

Probably clear, I don't know.
>>
>>727520684
Free advice is advice I can afford. If you want to offer a second opinion on my posts above, I am all ears. Otherwise I am gonna be drinkin some Pedialyte up in this bitch like a swaddled babe
>>
>>727520741
ear infection or bursted vein bleeding in your ear
>>
>>727520718
you're turning into a woman
maybe rather go to gender reassignment surgeon
>>
>>727520804
yeah but 2 doctors i consulted din't prescribe antibiotics...
>>
>>727520718
repressed emotions
>>
>>727520718
Age?
>>
>>727520823
go thru multiple doctors, most of em are either too uninvolved or incompetent
>>
>>727520860
Doctor shopping is a crime tho
>>
>>727520830
Guess I'll look into that later >>727520852
I'm 20
>>
>>727520907
dont troll me you little nigger
>>
Diagnosed with diverticulitis a year ago and have had recurrent episodes of luq and ruq pain. Feels like my entire lg. Intestine is inflamed constantly and it's affecting my life. What can I do it is this what I have to live with?
>>
Lymph nodes in neck (specifically right one) always very prominent since I had cellulitis there a few years ago. Was told it was due to picking scabs on head. Never really changes, except occasionally they swell up if I've been picking stuff a lot. Never any pain or anything. No family history of anything related to it and on no meds.
>>
>>727520978
Gettin it on the reg? Maybe its just being a young dude with testosterone flowing
>>
File: 20170327_000623.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_000623.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>727514855
OP, i quit alcohol 40 days ago exactly, i have no mental addiction and put the drinks down on my own two feet as i noticed problems with my health (bruises and cuts too WAY to long to heal) had physical withdrawls and now i keep having issues with my heart, tremors, and terrible dehydration/paling of the skin. The issue never happend till i quit but it is getting better. I drank from a pint of jack daniels and about 32 oz's + of beer. When my dad quit drinking he never had issues and he was drinking for longer. Im only 20 and im a little worried. I was smoking cannabis for years with no issue but now 1 little puff fucks with my heart badly. I grow my own and can't even smoke it... do you know the issue? I. Think it may be hypoglycemia but i have not gone to a doctor as im too weak to walk miles to have my blood drawn, my parents are hella unsupportive since i turned 18 and WILL NOT do anything extra like help me with a check up, and I'm to broke to buy my own car. This is a pic of me during a attack... it's slowed down massively but i really dont have a clue, i was only drinking for at most a year and 2 months and was going hard for 6 months. Please help
>>
Im white but not albino white.
>>
>>727521153
Buy magic butter machine. The smoke messes with my heart rate and blood pressure but the edibles dont
>>
>>727521301
Also you can use sugar leaves, stems, and shake this way instead of that going to waste
>>
>>727521301
Edibles fuck with me even more. I use to be able to pound 500MG WITH NO ISSUE!!!, but now a 25mg fucks me up...
>>
>>727514855

oh wow a kid who just had his first patient communication practical here to play House, MD.

I'll give you a case:

Bilateral arthralgia in the knees that gets worse with exercise.
At 15. Patient is male and is going through an explosive growth spurt.
Getting worse.
Grinding pain connected to movement, only hurts when weight is applied to the joint.
I think it might be a meniscus thing.
>>
>>727521112
Gf went to visit her parents two weeks ago. From everyday to none. Would two weeks without action really turn me into a mess?
>>
>>727521424
Oh, sorry to hear it. Its a hard one to quit imo. I had no issues quitting cigarettes or alcohol, but I can't stop toking for some reason. Its like the world is boring
>>
Are you still here OP.

I am hoping to get in next cycle
>>
>>727521498
Yeah bro. Thats what side chicks are for. Youll need one till your about 24, then it all starts leveling out. Just remember the advice from opp and tell nobody. Thats the trick
>>
>>727514855
>What's the issue?
I'm a male with very fat thighs
>When did it start?
I don't know
The same or worse, I don't know

Please help. I'm only very slightly overweight, but all the fat in my body seems to have built up in my thighs instead of lower legs/arms/torso/face.
>>
My right eye and cheeck twitches.
About 2 years ago.
Started at the eye then moved the cheech started twitching too. It used to happen a few times a day. Now I happens every ~10min for a whole 2 min then calms down. And then it happens again.
No pain. Just really really anything and emebrerssing.
Please help.
>>
>>727521942

not OP but what happens when you press it? Sounds like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipedema
>>
>>727521970
Not op here. Sometimes this is a neurological condition which may or may not resolve and recur spontaniously. It happens to lots of people in different parts of the body. My calf twitches almost constantly but I don't notice it now. Have you tried the kind bud?
>>
>>727521942
Not op here. This is a fairly common weight distribution in females. Do you consume a lot of soy milk?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>727522089
When I press down right under my hips on the sides it looks like it's supposed to on a male.

It doesn't look anywhere near as bad as the picture on the wiki, It looks exactly like it does on the girl with the left, without the box gap obviously.

>>727522178
Nope, I don't drink soy milk at all. Also I'm male, just in case you missed that.
>>
>>727514855
When I tense my right lat, it hurts. Any idea why?
>>
>>727522319
Lift anything heavy? Sleep in a weird position? How long?
>>
>>727522262
I saw the male thing, just reminding you the shape is normal in a large % of population. Snap a picture and upload it if you want visuals, the ad is obviously just a woman and so any abnormalities that might be present for your condition obviously arent in this photo.
>>
>>727514855
Yo OP what do i do about phimosis? When not erected skin is easy to move from the head but when erected skin is hard to move from the head and when i move it it doesnt stay in place for long, i red that operation its easy and it will solve the problem but is there any way to streatch the skin without operation? I did some streatching exercises and little stretch marks appeard now im waiting it to heal. Im 18 btw
>>
>>727522469
Does the head emerge when erect? Really hard to tell if the skin is too tight without an actual exam I think
>>
>>727522375
I lift weights, but haven't been to the gym in a week. I do sleep in weird positions, usually where pelvis is on it's side and the anterior side of my torso is on the bed. It's just started hurting within the last few days.
>>
>>727516470
Exercise will also help stimulate peristalsis.
>>
>>727522667
Its most likely one of those 2. Any allergies? If you can, take like 800my of ibuprofen twice daily. If the pain persists for more than another week go to the doc. Also try modifying your sleep position to one that doesn't place strain on your back
>>
>>727515598
whoa
>>
>>727522469
If u posted a pic i bet the doc would be more able to tell u whats wrong
>>
>>727522771
Thanks for your help. I'll try sleeping in a different position. I'll try the ibuprofen too.
>>
Any idea how to cure piraformis syndrome?
>>
>>727523013
There are some great stretches for this, I had lots of pain there when I first started daily exercise. I did the one where you lay down and cross one leg over the other at the knee and pull towards yourself. It worked well. Could literally feel it in the piraformis muscle every time
>>
>>727523159
Thanks I'll give that a try
>>
My stool is too liquid, what do I need to eat/change about my diet to shit out more solid pieces of turd?
>>
I'm female with a full hysterectomy yet deep (longer than 15cm dicks basically) penetration hurts. Had my uterus and cervix and everything removed 2 years ago. Surgeons say everything is fine, so do 2 OBs. I'm 21 y/o.
What could be the reason?
Had it removed due to excessive bleeding during menstruation. I passed out regularly during my period since I was 16.
>>
File: 65X4WIC.png (467KB, 496x624px) Image search: [Google]
65X4WIC.png
467KB, 496x624px
>>727514855
Plaque psoriasis.

Genetic, so I guess it started at birth, symptoms emerged 12 years back though.

Stumbled into a family of meth heads while helping a friend move and had to shoot someone 3 years back. Declared self-defense via the courts and was mandated to see a psychiatrist that told me I had PTSD, anxiety, and depression. Prescribed me 4mg Xanax and 4mg Klonopin, split into 4 1mg doses daily. That lasted a year before I finally told them to fuck themselves and I wasn't taking the shit anymore. After the withdrawals my psoriasis spread from being pretty much just dry scalp to my whole forehead and chest being semi-zombified.

I've since tried Humira, Enbrel, and too many topicals both prescription and OTC to count with no effect aside from severe staph infection.

Next step was supposed to be Remicaid, but I lost insurance for a bit and have not pursued it. Am I as fucked as I think I am or is there a viable medication or treatment out there?

Motivational ass for your time.
>>
>>727514855

What's the issue?
>MS
When did it start?
>Few years ago
>Wooooorse
What type of pain is it?
>Sharp pain in my right leg that causes me to limp around

I have an appointment with my Neuroligist this month, my question is, does pain medication work for nerve pain? I don't want to look like a doofus when I ask the doctor.
>>
>>727523628
I'm not OP but my little sister had medicine-induced rash that every doctor said was psoriasis. It wasn't. We used Bioderma Intensive, it's an eczema ointment. It cleared up completely after about 3 months.
Btw, 60% of her five-year-old sized body was covered in it.
Also, loose fitting cotton clothes.
>>
>>727523796
I've actually tried that stuff. Made my skin so soft all my motorcycle gear and clothing would swoosh around me as I rode. Excellent moisturizer, but unfortunately ineffective for my needs.

Thanks very much for the suggestion though /b/ro.

Ass for ya effort.
>>
>>727521458
Otsgood schlatter
>>
>>727523979
Oh well it didn't hurt to try. Another one is we bathed her in, oddly enough, milk baths. 10l of 3,5% milk + 20l water. Mother said it helped with the itching etc. I imagine, for an American it's pretty costly tho.
>>
>>727514855
I have this really bad itch on the knuckle of my third toe, the skin on the knuckle hardens, itches and goes dark and then peels off. Its fine for a few days and then it starts itching again, skin hardens again and repeat. When its itchy, it makes me want to hack my toe off.

I have had it for like 3 months now.

It has stayed the same, I did use Betnovate ointment on it once since I had it laying around but it did not make much difference.

The rest of my foot skin is absolutely fine, not dry, discoloured or smelly at all.
>>
>>727525578
Not OP, but hopefully this helps:

This started happening to me when I hit 25 years old. Motorcycle boot toe guard was rubbing the fourth toe. Hit it with some good moisturizing lotion, threw some Goldbond medicated foot powder in the boots, and bought some thicker socks. Never happened again.

Chances are you're just getting some gnarly callouses. Don't let yourself get dried up /b/ro.
>>
>>727526025

Thanks, man! That's good advice.
>>
>>727522092
Kind bud, like cannabis?
Sry, not good with terms.
>>
File: biz-lit.jpg (917KB, 1338x1446px) Image search: [Google]
biz-lit.jpg
917KB, 1338x1446px
>>
I have a small yellow coloured tip zit on my the base part of my dick it is the only one , been there for 2 months now, doesnt change shape or size doesn't get any smaller or bigger, havent noticed any changes ,sometimes itches , and hurts when I squeeze it , no have never had sex before
>>
>>727516963
Sounds like you have threadworms/pinworms

You can buy treatments from a pharmacy or maybe even on-line if you don't want to speak to a doc.
>>
>>727528701
Maybe sebaceous cyst, may lead to abcess.
>>
>>727529478
Looked at pics of sebaceous cyst and no pretty sure that's not it , I said tip previously but I noticed most of it has a light yellow colour
>>
>>727514855
Doc i think i am Allergic to alcohol =/ every time i drink i get chlamydia...
>>
File: 1437081668111.jpg (75KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
1437081668111.jpg
75KB, 600x530px
>>727516349

Actual medfag here, don't listen to the morons telling you you have pneumonia, pneumonia wouldn't cause finger numbness on exertion.

Main questions I have are:

Do your fingers change color when you go out in the cold

How old are you?

are you really fat?

Is there a history of asthma in your family?

Are you currently using any medications, smoking, or using drugs?

A good inhome test would be to feel your carotid pulse and see if what you feel has an extremely sharp uptick when standing from a squat, and pulse feels normal when going from standing to a squat.

Best case scenario it is exertional asthma which would be controlled with an emergency albuterol (Beta agonist) inhaler.

Worst case it could be something like HOCM, and you need to see a cardiologist asap.

Pneumonias don't last for a year unless you have pertussis or something, but so long as your immune system isn't shot and you have your vaccines you shouldn't need to worry about that.

Regardless I will try to keep an eye on this thread for your reply so I can get a better sense of what is going on based on your information.

regardless you should likely see your PCP about this because none of the things you are experiencing normal or should go unchecked.
>>
File: 1437276673061.jpg (35KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1437276673061.jpg
35KB, 960x540px
>>727516544

Why not get on an SDRI like buproprion or an SNRI like venlafaxine? Both of those would help alleviate the issues you are talking about. Bupropion in particular I think might be best for you.

>>727516828
An ECG wouldn't show structural damage, he needs an echocardiogram, stop talking out of your ass.

>>727516963
Put some clear tape on your anus while you are sleeping and look for pinworms or their eggs. If you find them you need an anti-parasitic from a doc, and a little anxiety from visiting a doc is a whole lot better than a constantly itchy asshole. Trust me I know.

>>727517597
Probably a systemic corticosteroid would do it, but you shouldn't be on those all the time because bad shit happens. Do they occur at specific times of year or after certain exposures? Try to keep a day log and note when you get attacks and use that to help build a pattern of pathology. Doc should be able to help out immensely if you see them and bring that along. Tell them the reason you have that is because a friend who is a med student thought it was a good idea so you don't look like you are a malingerer.

>>727517637

nigga no one gets cancer from 5 pack years. what the fuck are you talking about.

>>727517859
Not sure what you mean by safety, but Interventional Radiology is pretty dope and people tend to hold them in high regard.

>>727518340
Go see a doctor, sounds like a respiratory infection and if it is a group B strep you should be given antibiotics pronto so you don't develop rheumatic fever.

>>727518437
Dude... the numbness of the fingers. Are you a fuckin MS1 or something?

>>727518876
Nigga nothing in medicine is 100% effective. What the fuck are you thinking making those sorts of promises, especially for something psych related.

>>727518995
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-nasal_drip

>>727520535
Spend a lot of time in the pool? Most likely diagnosis is a middle ear infection or a buildup of wax in the ear canal. Either one is pretty easy to fix.
>>
>>727520993

How do you know they are lymph nodes? what do they feel like? Do they seem like they are attached to the underlying tissue or do they move freely when you shove them around? If you flex your arms while leaning forward (think like what wrestlers do when they are showing off) and finger around behind your collarbone do you feel lymph nodes there?

>>727521458
Idiopathic juvenile arthritis or gout. Could be osteoarthritis based on how you are describing it but I would need to see you in the clinic to get a better idea.

>>727523628
How old are you? could you qualify for medicaid? A TNF-alpha inhibitor like remicaid might do the trick, psoriasis is a bitch to deal with. Sorry man.

>>727523631
They might give you gabapentin but most common drug for MS nowadays is Interferon-gamma and steroids for attacks. Is it progressive or relapsing-remitting?

Sorry to hear that but on the bright side it isn't deadly and of all the progressive neurological diseases thats definitely the least bad one. Average age of death of those patients is literally mean for the population, so while that isn't a great thing to hear, it should add some comfort to your circumstance. Sorry to hear that tho bro, that shit sucks donkey dicks.
>>
lol @ amerifags forced to turn to fucking /B/ for medical advice! healthcare might be pretty shit where I live but at least you can get seen by an acredited medicinal doctor for free.
>>
I get light colored blotches on one of my breasts that grow, shrink, appear in different areas, but never go away. It started about 4 years ago. It's stayed about the same but they get bigger then shrink. No pain, no family history, and no medication. Think it's a pigment issue but don't know for sure.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.