[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I've been locked out of my regular PC. Can't

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

Hey guys, I've been locked out of my regular PC. Can't restart or reset or anything. I think a hacker is in.

Can hackers see my hidden files? I've got some sensitive stuff on there
>>
>>727372562
what happened?
>>
>>727372790
I have no idea. PC restarted and crashed now I'm totally blocked out
>>
4chan is definitely in your computer bro
>>
>>727372942
if you have a second computer available and up to date you can try to download and burn a rescue disk from an AV editors, they are free for most of them. It's a good start.
>>
>>727372562
First step would be to disconnect it from the internet or network.
>>
>>727372562
Idiot. Should've used Incognito tabs on Chrome.
>>
That's a pretty common crash for Windows users
>>
Kill urself for being so incompetent
>>
Lmao just fry the thing.
>>
Hackers can't crash your pc and take your files how much NCIS do you watch?
>>
Are you literally 5?
>>
>>727372562
The government and your isp are monitoring your online activity http://www.ipanon.com
>>
Not this OP,
But people can't steal hidden files can they?
Like the most they can do is ransomware right?
>>
File: 1490744576337.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1490744576337.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>727372562
heh, amateur. i'm literally accessing all your hidden files right now
got some nice stuff in here, wont lie
>>
>>727377922
How old are you?
>>
>>727378691
What does this mean? What does age have to do with it?
>>
>>727379048
I'm guessing 14
>>
>>727377379
kek
>>
UNPLUG IT DICKHEAD
>>
delete system 32
>>
>>727377379
someone can gain control over the pc if a virus and a backdoor has been implanted into the pc. with that and an internet connection the hacker will be able to take full control of the effected computer. (assuming that the virus that was planted was made to give remote access to the hacker)
>>
>>727377729

Hidemyass is not a good vpn choice, or any vpn based in the 14 eyes area. You need a vpn from a country outside us/eu/uk/aus territory that has no data retention laws/ HMA had a "no logs" policy but accidentally found them when a court order demanded it.

Use someone like Express or Nord. They're serious about zero logs because their countries don't require it. You can also pay with bitcoin, they don't care who you are.
>>
>>727372562
Unplug PC, remove HDD from PC, install HDD in different PC (disconnected from internet) see if you can access the files you need then nuke the drive, do scans on the recovered files too
>>
>>727380163
buddy your responding to a bot that advertises a shitty website. It doesn't care.
>>
>>727380087
Full control tho? Like over everything?
Don't know much about this shit, but it seems like OP could just hold in the power button or yank the power cord if he was really shitting bricks this bad.
>>
>>727380326
now that i read it again the power button stuff has the be bullshit. The power button reports to the motherboard which triggers the cpu to shutdown. if held long enough as you know it will force a shutdown. As the power button doesn't report to the system it should work if held down
>>
>>727380614
EDIT Triggers the cpu to report to the system to commence a shut down. if held for long enough, it will forcibly shut down regardless of any processes.
>>
>>727377922
Please tell me your retarded
>>
File: Bad Caps.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Caps.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>727372562

A bad power supply can cause random reboots / crashes. It can also wreck your MB / drives / etc. Open it up and look for bad caps.
>>
>>727372562

I'm guessing you didn't create a disc image when you installed windows and had all the apps you use installed? If you had you could have fixed this in 15 minutes.

For future reference always make an image file when you're happy with a new install to avoid exactly this type of shit. It's also a much faster way of putting Windows back in general.

Besy you can do with this is just do a clean install with internet disconnected. grab anything you need from the old.windows folder then delete it and put everything you use back from scratch. Then get an imager and back it up.
>>
If it is a cryptolocker, accept the loss and reset your computer to factory. If it is just a windows password, take it to Geek Squad and have them remove it. If it is a Microsoft account, reset your password on another computer on live.com
If it is a password screen you've never seen before (such as you let some scammed remote in whom claims to work for HD or Microsoft ) It is a cryptolocker and your data is gone.
>>
>>727381061
That is the most plausible explanation i've seen on this thread
>>
If an attacker gains access to your computer, it's not your computer anymore.
>>
>>727381533
How much experience do you have with computers and cyber security?
>>
OP here

Agan, I'm unable to do any factory reset or system restore. I've disconnected from the internet and had turned the system off. Running chkdsk currently before I just stick it in a microwave
>>
>>727381958
can you please explain step - by - step what's happening when you turn on the PC?
>>
>>727381958
How can you run chkdsk if the computer is off?
>>
>>727382193
SO many mysteries here ...

I thikn it may be that OP is just too high to count his own arms and is hallucinating.
>>
>>727381675
Enough to know about the 10 immutable laws of security. And then some after that.
>>
>>727372562
Turn the internet off. Or unplug the computer. It's probably just broken anyways.
>>
Everyone its offical. OP is retarded
>>
File: windows-8-blue-screen-error.png (38KB, 650x373px) Image search: [Google]
windows-8-blue-screen-error.png
38KB, 650x373px
>>727382108
I get the following screen and options to run reset, change startup, etc.
But those options don't work, any attempt to continue windows brings me back and any option to restore/recover says it's encountered a problem and brings me baxk
>>
>>727381533
What if you do a factory reset? Still not good without changing IP?
>>
>>727377379
Lmao yea they can the gov backdoor'd the hardware in every pc except for a few military laptops. Best thing to do is mitigate the internet connection. No ethernet cable plugged in = no way for the pc to be taken over and or controlled. (Not unless you pissed off a literal wizard)
>>
>>727382448
Well here's a loophole in that statement that you made earlier. You can breach it yourself so it becomes yours again. Or you could disconnect the internet. A much simpler option. Then run a virus scan. if no results, reformat the disc drive so the disc drive is completly clear.
>>
>>727382752
Is unplugging WiFi enough?
>>
>>727382489

Boot with a Linux live disk/USB Drive to attempt data recovery.

If it refuses to boot with linux you may have a hardware problem.
>>
>>727382752
If it was govnur would he even be having this problem or know it was happening?
>>
>>727380163
The dev version of opera has a built in vpn for free, not sure how secure it is but its actually fairly quick.
>>
>>727382886
Well you cant just unplug the wifi and shout fixed to your neighbour. You have to locate the virus and delete it. If its infected your system files then you will have to wipe the storage device clean then reinstall windows.
>>
Definately not, even though I know about this stuff, I could care less that the government knows about my trap folder.
>>
>>72738248what version of windows are you running? have you or can you boot into safe mode?
>>
>>727382767
And if, while they have access to the machine, they install custom firmware on any of the components(hard drive, Webcam, keyboard, etc) that creates a backdoor? Then what? Reformatting the hard drive isn't going to do anything if the firmware has been tampered with.
>>
>>727382489
I had a similar problem fairly recently, turns out my system ssd had suffered a malfunction and in turn caused my motherboard to default to IDE mode. Had to get a new ssd and reinstall windows.
>>
>>727382489
IT Technician here. See this a lot with Windows 10. You get stuck in a loop and everything you do takes you back to the same options. You certainly haven't been hacked your just running a very buggy OS that should not have been released in it's current state. Sorry to say but I don't have a fix for you other than to reinstall Windows 10. You will lose everything. Otherwise try searching Windows forum's. I guarantee lots of people are having this issue but don't know if there is s fix.
>>
>>727383456
Similar as in windows wouldn't boot no matter what, gave a similar blue screen, though the error code was something about not finding boot sector or something.
>>
>>727383368
Then you will have to take a few more steps to resolving the issue weather it costs some money. If they did tamper with the firmware of any said component then that component will simply have to be replaced.
>>
>>727383203
Windows 10. No safe mode, everything takes me back to the same screen

>>727383684
"Critical Process Died" here

>>727383628
This makes a lot of sense. What I've bee n reading elsewhere has suggested it's a Win 10 problem
>>
>>727384262
OP as a final word your not being hacked. A hacker wouldn't reveal themselves like that. Just copy important files to a usb and factory reset your pc.
>>
>>727384491
Thanks anon
>>
>>727384693
Any time
>>
>>727384693
Ok i just remembered you have no access to your pc so what i would do is turn off the computer, open the pc case, remove the hard drive the os is located on, put it in another computer, copy the files onto a usb, then re formatting the drive, putting it back into your pc and reinstalling windows from a disc.
>>
>>727384968
this is the correct answer. there is really no other solution without access to a bois menu. fuck windows 10, reinstall with windows 7 and use this program to prevent an automatic update: https://www.grc.com/never10.htm
>>
>>727385473
Do me a favor and dont complement me and then advertise a shitty website for some crack pot program that does nothing.
>>
>>727385473
Different anon here, I got 8 and fucking hate it and i know 10 not really any better. My only fear of doing what you suggest is i always hear without updates The amount of malware and other shit designed for that OS specifically will stack up. Valid worry?
>>
>>727384693
lol i can't believe he fell for this shit
>>
>>727372562

Boot DOS from floppy.

Problems over.
>>
>>727385984
Perfect
>>
>>727385926
What?
>>
File: ye..png (109KB, 1106x798px) Image search: [Google]
ye..png
109KB, 1106x798px
>>727385638
lol please explain what is wrong with that program. it does a simple registry edit to remove the auto win10 update.

>>727385823

ive not had any problems updating my cracked windows 7 with never 10 installed. pic related, just the past 15 days worth
>>
>>727386337
Simple, windows 7 doesn't auto update to windows 10. Its like saying my corsair ddr3 memory updated to ddr4. It doesnt work like that.
>>
>>727372562
dont worry OP i can help just give me your real name IP and mothers maiden name as well as the last four digits of your social
>>
>>727386496
actually, it did for some time. not sure if it does anymore but it definitely did around the release of windows 10
>>
>>727386573
while there was the opportunity to update from windows 7, 8 and 8.1 for a short while. It wasn't automatic. Plus you dont need a program that tampers with the regedit to disable auto updates. You can disable it in the settings.
>>
>>727386693
quoting an old article here but it was relevant for the current situation at the time "Microsoft recently changed the Windows 10 upgrade from “optional” to “recommended”, making it one level below the highest “critical” designation within Windows Update, the software update system built into Windows. The change means that if users have Windows update on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 set to ‘install all recommended updates’, which many will do, the Windows 10 upgrade will automatically download to a user’s computer."

again, im not sure if it was still set up this way so i recommended it anyway
>>
>>727385926
Who fell for what
>>
>>727386961
Well first off all you are very much correct about the articles age as windows 10 is no longer available for free. And once again, even if it was an auto update, you dont need 3rd party software to disable auto updates. You can simply disable it in the windows settings. The anon who posted the link is a tard who thinks a cyber security student wouldn't find his post and call him out over the suspiciousness of the program.
>>
>>727387327
>suspiciousness of the program

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Gibson_(computer_programmer)
>>
>>727387711
Well. I guess i learnt something. But why would gibson make something like that considering its completely pointless.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.