[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want your opinion, /b/. What do you think of soldiers? Are

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: soldiers.jpg (28KB, 560x383px) Image search: [Google]
soldiers.jpg
28KB, 560x383px
I want your opinion, /b/. What do you think of soldiers? Are they worth respecting? Are they just tools?

What do you think?
>>
>>727283028
Fuck man i really dont wanna go into it
>>
>>727283141
Ok.
>>
>>727283028
Respect man...
>>
>>727283028
respect them.
>>
We are simply cannon fodder from poor homes who are stupid enough to die for other people greed.
>>
>>727283028
They are murdering filth. If there is a hell, they will surely go there when they die
>>
>>727283642
Why do princes start the war?

Why do they always send the poor?
>>
>>727283028
Soldiers are like pawns in a chess game of politics.
>>
>>727283028
At one time they were worthy of respect - but anyone who joins up now and does not know they are a tool of Big Oil and vested interests is a too stupid to be worth respect, and anyone smart enough to know what they are doing deserves no respect at all.

(I say this from a military family five generations of service - I even did a short term myself in my late teens early twenties, that was thirty years ago.)
>>
>>727283028
Depends on the country, missions and why.
>>
>>727284360 (you)
I mean, if
Egypt, clearing civilians because NATO contract, no, they don't deserve respect.
>>
>>727284440
I'm foreign, clearing as killing. Just saying
>>
Why would such stooges deserve respect?
>>
File: 1464660021644.gif (50KB, 521x737px) Image search: [Google]
1464660021644.gif
50KB, 521x737px
>>727283028
>worth respecting
as much as any other person
>just tools
as much as any other person

>>727283846
historically standing state armies are fairly recent and haven't been seen much since the roman era, where of course they were professional instruments of the state.
so which is more noble? being a mercenary who's just in it for the money (most of history) or ideological state forces?
despite family history you don't seem to know shit because not much has changed besides isolationist and interventionist leanings in the time period you mention.
>be anon's ancestor who believes the lie or doesn't - noble
>be anon's more recent ancestor who believes the lie or doesn't - not noble
you seem to be too stupid to be worthy of respect?
>>
>>727284487
Just saying what exactly? That sentence made no sense at all.
>>
>>727283028
soliders are mostly people who stupid to do any real job
>>
File: 1470400691758.gif (467KB, 498x381px) Image search: [Google]
1470400691758.gif
467KB, 498x381px
>>727285232
>>
>>727283028
Respectable tools.
>>
>>727284964
I served yes, and so did my family - and all of us where uneducated (17 when signed up) and fed lies. so yeah, not much has changed, but at least I have grown up and learned something.

and as for worth as much respect as anyone - no. because other people do not volunteer to kill people. I learned the hard way - saw friends killed, and had a hand in a few nasty incidents myself. I am glad to say i do not know that I killed someone. I might have, It might have been someone else. I might have missed. but I know I took and arm off a guy. and I felt shitty about that, even if he was a bad guy.

that is the thing - kids who don't know better are fools, can't blame them, but they don't earn respect. People who know better, well they should know better. either way, no respect from me.

there is no nobility in war
>>
Id love to be in the desert, getting into gun fights and blowing shit up, but id rather not go through several months of sobriety, strict rules and having sargeants yell at me. of course there's the obvious downsides, like making close friends and then losing them. I dont need that to happen again. Theyre human too, not just "tools".
>>
i never really thought about but when I grew up, watched all the idiots and jackasses in my grade go into the military, come back as idiots and jackasses..made me realize that there's nothing special. anybody can do it. an idiot in the military is just that; another idiot. Sure I sort of respect that it's a commitment- but a lot of people go in to the military, never see combat, never do anything worthy of respect. It's like another job, most of the time. Idk.
>>
>>727287460
Badically the main appeal for me was to reform myself, do something productive and get deployed. Still considering it, but maybe once i finish my education. Veterans get treated like shit, and its sad.
>>
>>727287521
>regular job
lol'd
a job that not only forces you to work a contract for the government, who doesnt give a fuck about you, but also forces you to leave your family behind and possibly never come home. or end up severely disfigured and receive little to no help from the government. Even refugees get better treatment than veterans.
>>
>>727283713
improve your english listening skills
>>
Respectable tools.
>>
I used to think to the matter as in black and white...but now I think of it as more nuanced.
The problem is not that when you enlist you accept the possibility you are going to kill people, but that you havr absolutely nothing in the decisional process that leads to the kill. The first quality of a soldier is discipline, and discipline basically is do what you are told to do and don't think too much about it. A soldier has to accept to do aomething she doesn't want to, and in this is equal to...well, anyone who lives in this society. But a soldier deals with, in general, do terrible things upon other human being, and no matter the amount of internal justification, the fact that she is still a human being means that he is going to suffer some kind of psychological backlash.
But then again, sometime tou have little choice. I remember I was on a internal connection flight from houston to oklahoma (eurofag here) and next to me there was this jumpy and excited guy. He was portorican, turned 18 two weeks before, and it eas his first flight. He was going to boot camp. Man, he didn't even had moustaches. He told me that choices for him were either pushing drugs on the streets and get killed or imprisoned before 25, or enlist. Who can blame him?
In short, I don't hate soldiers, I mostly pity them
>>
>>727283028

If there were no soldiers to protect this country, you'd be speaking Mandarin or Russian right now. And these soldiers have families just like everyone else, their jobs are dangerous and often separates them from their loved ones for extended periods of time. When they are called upon to go to a foreign country and engage enemies, that decision was not made by soldiers, it was made by politicians, so don't blame soldiers if you disagree with what is happening. And for those idiots who try and claim that soldiers are stupid and come from poor families, they don't know that most positions in the military require highly-skilled individuals who possess college degrees.....it's not a bunch of guys aimlessly running around with guns as their wild imaginations have led them to believe. It does take a massive amount of knowledge, courage and physical ability though, even women in the military are tougher, smarter and stronger than 95% of civilian men. So, respect them.
>>
>>727287354

What branch did you serve, and what was your MOS?
>>
>>727283028
theyre the result of a shit society. they needed a job and that was all they had. or theyre poor fools who actually think theyre doing good for the world killing "bad guys".

tons of my friends from highschool went to military. they couldnt afford college so that was the 2nd best thing. if america spent trillions of dollars to subsidize college, instead of bombing 3rd world civilians, they couldve went to college instead.
>>
>>727288875
>If there were no soldiers to protect this country, you'd be speaking Mandarin or Russian right now

not if china and russia didnt have soldiers too. theyre just tools of the governments.
>>
>>727283713
*Presidents
You dumb fuck
>>
>>727283028
People who couldn't get a regular job, people who are a burden once they're discharged. Come out institutionalized, unable to cope with freedom. There are exceptions sure.
>>
Depends. Some are basically mercenaries and some legitimately defend their homes. It's differs from country to country.

Sometimes I miss being in service.
>>
>>727289256

There has never been a time in history in which groups of people, complete societies, did not need stronger individuals within the group to protect them from adversaries. So the need for soldiers and standing armies has existed since the dawn of civilization.
>>
>>727289472
so? doesnt mean it always will be.
>>
>>727283713
I fucking hate this Bullshit. The US military is 100% voluntary. These people chose to do the job on their own free will.

Presidents don't fight the war because they're old as shit and assuming his only job as president is to fight battles along side his soldiers is fucking stupid. You wouldn't send the coach to play a game when you have paid, able bodied people playing for you. That's the name of the game. It goes for more than just the military.

Fucking SOAD propaganda Bullshit.

Respect the fucking military.
>>
>>727289698

this. well said, anon.
>>
>>727289698
sure respect the military, just like policemen, teachers, starbucks barista, you should be respecting lots of people :^)
>>
Respect.

They are doing a really shitty job not very many people are willing to do.
>>
>>727289829
yes and respect the illegal immigrant mexicans picking your food in the fields too
>>
Most of them are just normal dudes like you and me that are working a job. They get put up on a pedestal for sacrificing part of their lives in a contract to serve. Some people really respect them because they identify or see their job as something they themselves couldn't do. Other people disagree and want to throw trash at them because they like to think to themselves that they're morally superior than "baby killers" and hating soldiers is the same thing as hating the government and that's the cool thing to do right now because Trump is President right?
>>
>>727289998
what are u 12? hating war has always been the cool thing to do since vietnam because there have been no wars since ww2 that is worth it for america being involved in. theyre all profit driven corporate operations now.
>>
Soldiers who ACTUALLY FIGHT FOR THEIR COUNTRY > soldiers who fight for oil
>>
>>727283664
So will you. :)
>>
>>727283803
>>727283664
>>727283028
literal samefag
>>
>>727288132
>listening
>visual
>>
>>727290246
I am from Serbia, my uncles fought in Bosnia and Kosovo to save serbs from murder, they are now forgotten and spat on while the Americans who dropped bombs on them for defending their country are hailed as heroes.
>>
>>727283028
I'm willing to kill and die for money. All jobs should be respected, someone has to do the dirty work.
>>
File: 1-4.jpg (68KB, 727x570px) Image search: [Google]
1-4.jpg
68KB, 727x570px
There is nothing I respect more than military personnel/soldiers
>>
I'd like to be a sniper
>satisfying
>laid back (until you get shot at)
>marksmanship
>powerful rifles
>>
>>727283028
People in the Army are retarded
People in the Navy are ok but have a stick up their ass
People in the Marine Corps are the most retarded but are very proud of it.
People in the Air Force are ok but can be really incompetent.
People in the Coast Guard/ National Guard are half-assing it.
>>
>>727283028
Either like militaria, adrenaline, or couldn't make in in the private sector (doing what they wanted to do).

By default? No. Have they done anything that would be interesting to you? Sure. Have they, to your knowledge, killed a person with their bare hands and/or are they in possession of a weapon currently? If yes: yes. If not: probably not: they're not likely to injure you any more than any other random individual without a weapon so why respect them more because they held a weapon once?
>inb4 everyone is a trained killer in the military
You are free to assume that everyone is a trained killer until you've proven otherwise so why would they deserve respect especially for being in the military?

Yes, to some. To others they are people like you and I who made willful decision to renounce what little actual freedom we have left in exchange for the survival of whatever values they hold.

I personally believe you're more likely to preserve your personal values focusing on them instead of the defense of them.
>I like public school.
>Either I can go to war with everyone who doesn't like public school and attempt to eradicate the opposition, or I can start my own public school.
I believe you're less likely to prolong the life of public school through combat than you are through public schooling if that's what you're trying to accomplish.
>>
I don't respect anyone who chooses to fight an unjust war knowing what we know. Even in the wake of 9/11, enlisters hold a huge amount of blame for enlisting. Fucking idiots.

If there were a just war, or a draft, that'd be a different matter entirely.
>>
>>727283028
Both. They are tools worth respecting
>>
>>727289829
>Janitor
Same level of respect.
>>
>>727283028
their choice to be government slaves .

imo not worthy of having to show respect as nobody but themselves chose to be a part of the whole army bs .

come @ me .
>>
>>727283713
You must be 18+ to post on this website.
Fuck off kid.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.