[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /b/ what kinda smartphone you got? I'm on a Galaxy Note4.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: galaxy-note-4-s-pen.jpg (128KB, 820x545px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-note-4-s-pen.jpg
128KB, 820x545px
hey /b/ what kinda smartphone you got? I'm on a Galaxy Note4. Still think this thing is quite a powerhouse!!! you?
>>
LG G2. It's fine.
>>
File: fattypigg.jpg (281KB, 1297x934px) Image search: [Google]
fattypigg.jpg
281KB, 1297x934px
Galaxy s6 edge here.
Because im edgy as fuck bro!
>>
I'm on the note 5 right now. I got it for the stylus but it turns out I never use it. And Samsung's view on android is not exactly what I want in a phone. i think my next phone will be the One Plus 3, that bitch has 6 GB of ram.
>>
>>727018945
Galaxy S7 Edge. Had the Note 7 but had to give it back. Stick with the Note 4 for now though, it's still a good phone. Had that before I traded it in for the Note 7.
>>
>>727018945
can't wait note8
>>
huawei p9 lite
packs hell of a punch for its price, im set for years
out of curiosity, why do you guys spend so much on phones, like what do you actually use them for that you need all that extra power
>>
iphone 7
>>
iPhone SE. Small but powerful
>>
>>727018945
Pic related
>>
GALAXY S4 and still is everything I have ever needed
>>
>>727018945
s7, too poor for the edge version
>>
>>727018945
still a LG G4. GREAT PHONE
>>
Beat up Galaxy S5.

Thinking of getting an S7 later this year after the S8 launch when the prices of the old model drop down again. Not gonna pay the full price for the new S8, new flagship phones are way too fucking expensive.
>>
Cubot note s niggaz
>>
Went from Note 4 to Note 7.. Recalled... MFW

Now Pixel XL
Great phone but not as good as the Note 7 which was the best phone I ever used.
>>
I'm using moto x pure edition. Just bought my daughter iphone 7 and I have her old S6 Edge plus. Should I switch to the Samsung?
>>
Galaxy s7 edge
>>
huawei y6 cheap but reliable as fuck
>>
>>727024027
my moto x pure didn't last long. i got my screen changed, bcs it had red spots that appeared on it. The replacement also got those spots again. The speaker grills also fell off
>>
>>727019224
S6 owner reporting in.
>>
Had a note 7.

Just want to say, the note 7 was a fucking great phone and probably would have been the best even today if it wasn't recalled.

I fucking loved that phone.

People say it's shit because it blew up, but just because it had a problem doesn't mean you can say the phone as a whole was shit.
>>
>>727024307
Thanks anon. I will definitely hang on to hers just in case now
>>
File: main-1.jpg (280KB, 1280x650px) Image search: [Google]
main-1.jpg
280KB, 1280x650px
>>727018945
HTC One M8, not sure what to get next, by the time I upgrade it seems like nothing will have a headphone jack.
>>
>>727020510
>huawei
chinese phone
mah nigga

got a xiaomi myself and couldnt be happier
decent phone and specs, awesome battery, and cheap as shit
>>
File: xperia-z2.jpg (254KB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
xperia-z2.jpg
254KB, 3000x1687px
>>727018945
Xperia Z2
best phone ever... japs know their shit
>>
NOTE 4 NIBBA FOR LIFE FUCK ANY OTHER FONE
>>
ZTE Zmax Pro
>>
Interesting thread.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S5... hanging on to save money but they've fucked it up over and over with updates so I kind of hate my phone.

Maybe the note 8 wont' 'splod
>>
>>727018945
No one using Nexus 6p?
>>
>>727018945
This is hands down, without question, still the best phone on the market.

>Note 5 didn't do SD cards
>Note 7 replaced a removable battery with an explodable battery
>No other phones have a stylus and this whole non-removable battery movement to be shit shit-tier iphones is starting to bug me
>>
Doogee Y6. nice phone
>>
File: phpnblzg9.jpg (96KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
phpnblzg9.jpg
96KB, 970x647px
OnePlus 3 because I'm not retarded and don't want to pay to have a heart rate monitor, barometer, and gross AI
>>
>>727025248
With the prices of usb batteries why would you need a removable one?
>>
S5 love that it has a replaceable battery and sd card. Waterproof up to 1 meter for 30mins and only cost me $165 for a brand new 32gb one. And it's rooted on android 7
>>
>>727025386
So why not buy a Xiaomi or Huawei
>>
3 year old Alcatel X'Pop I bought for $100, still feel no need to pay for anything more
>>
>>727025476
Because of the lack of software updates/security updates
>>
>>727018945
Superior LG G2
>>
>>727024772
My z3s still going strong
>>
I have a lg x style
Is a decent one
>>
File: IMG_j1wj8t.jpg (1MB, 4008x2343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_j1wj8t.jpg
1MB, 4008x2343px
>>727025476
Because I'm not poor. OP3 is far better
>>
Huawei Nexus 6P
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 590x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 590x287px
Moto z play

>super amoled display
>11 on screen hrs
>Moto mods
>>
Galaxy s5 is the best, being waterproof and has a removable battery and replaceable SD card. Rooted, and custom 7.0.1 firmware here.
>>
>>727025417
It's more that batteries universally fail at the 1-2 year mark. With my note 4 I switch it out whenever I want. With the new versions, it's pretty much buy a new phone.

Do you think that might be part of the reason all these companies are going down this track?
>>
Moto G3, it was cheap, decently powerful, and not locked to some shitty network or anything. Since I didn't need a plan at the time it was the a good option, and I can just get Ting or something when I care about making calls on it.
>>
>>727026281
Replace the battery yourself duh
>>
Oneplus One. 2.5yrs running strong
>>
>>727027267
OnePlus 2 here.
>>
I got note 4 it battery wont last 6 hours with real usage i got the galaxy j7 2016. The battery will last the entire fucking day and it outperforms the note 4. Galaxy J7 is around $250
>>
Note 3 I bought via craigslist, gently used, for $500 3 years ago. Finally got sick of the original OS, which while running mostly fine was a bit glitchy and slow here and there. Updated to Resurrection Remix Nougat 7.1.1_r25 the other day, and after some tinkering it's humming along better than my wife's new S7 Edge. Seriously, this is like a new phone. Though the dialer was crap, so I went to True Phone to get my contacts groups back and otherwise spiff up the crappy dialer in that ROM. Oh, and the camera app blows, so I went to Open Camera which is positively brilliant. Seems I won't be needing a new phone for a few years yet. Two batteries swapped if I go out of town or whatever thanks to the removable back panel... it'll be a chilly day before I ever buy a phone with a non-removable battery.
>>
iphone4
>>
>>727028429
How bad are the cracks in your screen?
>>
>>727026839
>What is superglued phone.
>What is breaking this new "waterproof" feature. >What is a huge pain in the ass because they don't sell "replaceable" batteries so you have to find a niche site for it
>What is the battery is soldered into the circuit board, so you need to know how to remove that without fucking it up....

>What is realising all of this is too hard, so you go down to the local chinese phone booth store and pay someone to do something I can do it two seconds with my Note 4's replaceable battery
>>
>>727028505
Bingo my brother. Note 3 or 4 battery replacements are cheap on eBay too. Get a Mugen for serious power.
>>
>>727028390
Thank you! Me too.
I had a Note 4 brand new. Loved it for 18 months before noticing battery life was getting less, then it would randomly shut off. One new battery later, and an update of the OS, and I am happy as can be.

I was pondering updating to the Note 8 when it comes out, but the non-removable battery is pretty much a deal-breaker for me too. Also phone features haven't really improved since the Note 4 came out, in some cases they have even downgraded modern phones, so I might be on the Note 4 for a few more years to come.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (162KB, 654x1090px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
162KB, 654x1090px
>>727028503
no cracks, it's in like new condition.

otterbox defender ftw
>>
>>727028732
If I had any other phone I would have pretty much had to upgrade it. I see a strange correlation between phone companies wanting people to upgrade their phones more often, despite the features not really improving year-on-year. I don't know if we will ever see replaeable batteries make a come back.
>>
>>727028586
I'm going to check out your ROM suggestion. They stopped updating the Note 4 OS so with your suggestion I should be good for years to come.
>>
>>727028736
Ah, cool. Otterbox on my Note 3 too. Gotta love the bouncy bouncy on pavement.
>>
One Plus 3T. Had a s7 but the camera lens randomly smashed and fucked the camera. never buying samshit again
>>
>>727025244
Yup, I have a Nexus 6P.
>>
LG G3 + Nethunter ROM
>>
>>727025821
Heh, Xaoimi Mi note 2 smokes a Plus 3
>>
>>727028053
lol i got that phone, it never dies.
>>
HTC One M8

If I can manage it, I won't change phones for 7 years.
>>
File: 6PS.jpg (107KB, 920x690px) Image search: [Google]
6PS.jpg
107KB, 920x690px
Google Pixel and iPhone 6S
>>
>>727028930
Use the appropriate TWRP to flash the ROM, and get the 'stock' GAPPs, not the slimmed down version which made my phone have trouble connecting and other issues for a few hours. The latest stock google apps does have a fair bit of bloat, but these phones have buckets of memory and you can always disable stock apps and shut down their notifications and services after installing. Backup your contacts to be sure, as Google doesn't seem to get along with such a big OS jump. Backup your pics and whatever. Then in TWRP wipe the cache, dalvik, system, everything. Then reboot, dump in the ZIP files for the ROM and GAPPs. Then without rebooting between them flash the OS ROM then GAPPs, then reboot. Mine took like 20 minutes to boot after that, scared me, but it came out just fine.
>>
>>727026281
Yeah fair enough, my personal experience with batteries is better but I can see your point. My M8 is 3 years old and I still have an S3 kicking around which won't make it a day but still runs ok - probably could do with a battery.
>>
ZTE axon 7
>>
>>727029478
Same
>>
>>727029371
Why two phones?
>>
>>727029588
So he can dual box pokemon
>>
Nexus 5X with Ressurection Marshmellow ROM.

Absolutely love this phone!
>>
>>727029455
The S3 was a good phone. Almost the Nokia 3310 of the Samsung world.
>>
>>727029637
kek
>>
>>727018945
im on the note 4 still and im just going to wait for the note 8 to come out
>>
>>727029588
one as a dedicated music player, GPS, back up NFC wallet, and back up phone, other as main phone, movies, and main picture shooter. I would get something with an SD card slot, but I like my early Android updates
>>
LG G5. Hesitant on buying the G6. Doesn't look like enough of a difference for me to upgrade.
>>
S7 edge. I never use the edge part.
>>
>>727030017
Interesting.
I had a work phone and personal phone for a while, but it was such a pain in the ass to always carry and charge them both.

Is the iphone your music player? I could understand using an old phone for music rather than buying an ipod.
>>
>>727030207
I feel like you would represent the majority of edge users.
>>
>>727030260
It is. Plus the GPS and NFC capabilities make it a bit more useful in comparison to an iPod Touch
>>
>>727030459
I like you. Good thread. It's been a while since I saw one of these on /b.
I think we could be friends.
>>
>>727018945
Sony Xperia X
it's really snappy but it's middle-range which is quite noticeable. Got it for "free" through extending my contract. I give it "It does not emulate SNES fast enough to run Super Mario World"/10
>>
File: AndroidPIT-Samsung-galaxy-s7-4.jpg (1MB, 4082x2296px) Image search: [Google]
AndroidPIT-Samsung-galaxy-s7-4.jpg
1MB, 4082x2296px
upgraded from iphone 4 to samsung galaxy s7. phone cost me like a grand. but it is a good phone. new nougat update is kinda weird.
>hasn't blown up yet
>>
>>727024512
They should sell them refurbished with new batteries that don't explode
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.