[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished watching tv series 'Dexter' Do you fags

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 15

File: Collage 2017-03-25 16_12_53.jpg (276KB, 1080x1752px) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2017-03-25 16_12_53.jpg
276KB, 1080x1752px
Just finished watching tv series 'Dexter'

Do you fags think he could take out Hannibal lecter?
>>
File: ab kacey rohl scar.jpg (140KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
ab kacey rohl scar.jpg
140KB, 1440x810px
Maybe a young Hannibal. Old Hannibal? No way, too OP. Hannibal would probably like Dexter, though, so he at least wouldn't kill him.
>>
>>726780905
What makes you say this? I feel like the only thing hannibal has on dexter is intelligence
>>
File: bitmoji-20170313091231.png (51KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
bitmoji-20170313091231.png
51KB, 398x398px
>>726780905
/thread

Young Hannibal was reckless(ish). Cutting people like "butter" in the woods and jumping on boats. Old Hannibal would literally make Dexter kill himself or let one of his ex patients do it.
>>
File: bitmoji-20170309094012.png (138KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
bitmoji-20170309094012.png
138KB, 398x398px
>>726781090
Not the guy you're replying to but Old Hannibal is ridiculously OP and good at adapting.
>>
>>726780417
Yes. How could Hannibal know if he has been stalked by dexter all the time?
hannibal is an easy meal for dexter
>>
>>726781144
How would he make dexter kill himself?
I assume one would need to be able to feel emotions in order for words to have any effect?

Dexter is pretty good at surprise attacks and i imagine hes much stronger than lecter
>>
>>726781314
Lets say hannibal is in miami and hes aware that there is a guy who goes around killing other killers, but he doesnt know who.

And dexter is hunting lecter.
Who win?

I say dexter
>>
File: Abigail_hobbs28.png (484KB, 886x499px) Image search: [Google]
Abigail_hobbs28.png
484KB, 886x499px
>>726781090
Going by how they're written/portrayed, Dexter is moderately skilled and somewhat lucky. Old Hannibal is incredibly skilled (mentally and physically, dude is off the chart with a linoleum knife), ludicrously intelligent, an almost supernatural opponent at times. I don't see it ending well for darling Dexter if he pressed the point.
>>
File: bitmoji-20170311114541.png (38KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
bitmoji-20170311114541.png
38KB, 398x398px
>>726781345
Hannibal will do what's necessary, that's the difference. He has access to just as many drugs/weapons as Dexter does but he is 10× smarter. They are both fictional but Hannibal is Super Saiyan V and dexter is Piccolo.
>>
>>726781345
as dexter once said "suicide? how pathetic."
so I don't know what anon is talking about
>>
>>726780417
mads mikkelson hannibal? yeah um no not gonna happen dexter would literally be served up cold
>>
>>726781567
he was just getting shot in the swimming pool by a fucking amateur. so dexter could do this a million times more professional
>>
>>726781567
Dexter is also pretty damn skilled with a knife though, in season 1 he kills his brother with one quick slit of the throat, yet even the top CSI and forensics guys are tricked into thinking it was a suicide, because of the angle and the depth of the cut.
A knife is his go to weapon
>>
File: 1469867696137.gif (338KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
1469867696137.gif
338KB, 538x572px
>>726781731
>Served up cold
with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
>>
>>726781960
Making a joke but literally that's how it would happen
>>
File: youknownothing.png (232KB, 498x212px) Image search: [Google]
youknownothing.png
232KB, 498x212px
>>726780417

No. Hannibal doesn't give a fuck about anonymous fucking lumberjacks.
>>
>>726781960
beans and wine come with dinner. dexter would be an appetizer. hence served cold
>>
If I recall correctly, Dexter went up against a PD, a Psych, his Family, and some shitty criminals. Hannibal dealt with a bunch of FBI agents while he was shackled up, and the gunmen who killed his sister
>>
>>726782177
like proscioutto and melon
>>
Hannibal's IQ = Over Einstein
Dexter = A Child w/ No emotions in a man's body
>>
File: Abigail_hobbs29.jpg (163KB, 1440x914px) Image search: [Google]
Abigail_hobbs29.jpg
163KB, 1440x914px
>>726781885
Knife is very small part of package. My main point is that Hannibal is an overpowered, Marty Stu serial killer character (albeit a well written one) while Dexter tends to be not as back-breakingly powerful. Dexter gets caught on accident, Hannibal gets caught on purpose. It would be a good fight, but Dexter would lose. Either way, they're both fun characters.
>>
Dexter has killed, mulilple murders and other violent people.
At least 1 serial killer(who is just as skilled as himself)
An ex special forces dude (not actually killed but could have easily)
An ADA, and a super well know and famous one at that
A super famous and loved public speaker,
And a Ukrainian gangeader.

All without getting caught.

Also dexter doesnt feel emotions, so hannibals strong psychological influence is totally useless

Hannibal spent most of his life in prison. Dexter curb stomps hannibal back into 1944
>>
>>726782573
Get a grip. Hannibal CREATES serial killers (ie red dragon iirc). Dexter hunts them like the cop he is. Who is stronger, God or Satan?
>>
>>726782726
nice
>>
No they would become friends.
>>
File: b9743e640f6e072f.gif (500KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
b9743e640f6e072f.gif
500KB, 500x282px
>>726782573
that's what Im talking about
>>
>>726782726
What a bad comparison
>>
>>726782573
Dexter would like to think he doesn't feel emotions but actually does.

Hannibal spent time in prison 'cause he wanted to. Not to mention has killed more people than Dexter, and probably scarier people. And eaten and taken their powers.
>>
>>726782797
Absolutely not. Hannibal would eat him alive if necessary. Let's make this interesting:

Hannibal Lector (Young OR Old) vs Dexter vs Jigsaw vs Bone Collector.

They start in an apartment complex and cannot leave. They start unarmed, but do have knowledge of each other's existence.

(Since Jigsaw was practically always dying, he can bring an assistant)
>>
>>726780417
They're both serial killers.

One works undercover and is motivated by the thrill of taking a life and the chaos that ensues afterwards. He enjoys the murder and the thrill of being close to getting caught.

The other one works on daylight and is solely motivated by terror. The murder and eating of human flesh are secondary. What gets him off is the fear in the preys eyes and those whom are unable to help.

One was traumatized as a child and the other one is just a power tripping autismo.

Dexter is living in a power fantasy world where he's carrying out murderous self-righteous justice. Hannibal is perverted and sadistic but ultimately weak. However the law enforcement and other characters chaising him are nerfed as a plot device, hence making him appear more strong and cunning than he is. In the case of Dexter nothing ever happens because he hasn't ever killed anybody.

In anycase they wouldn't fight each other because serial killer's advantage is that he's unknown and unexpected. He takes his victims by complete surprise. That's what makes tracking down serial killers so hard; the murders are random. But over time they form a pattern which closes in on the murderer.
>>
>>726783110
Idk about bone collector so i cant say.
Either way this is a shitty way to make the fight.

A bunch of killers who specialize in stalking, and killing to fight eachother in close combat?
Even so dexter wins.

Hes probably has more physocal strength then anyone else in that room, seeig as he easily overpowered an ex special forces aoldier twice, (one of the times he had been shot and was handcuffed)
>>
File: dex_vs_lec.png (310KB, 1447x654px) Image search: [Google]
dex_vs_lec.png
310KB, 1447x654px
>>726780905
I love Dexter, but Hannibal definitely wins, although maybe not you'd Hannibal.

I doubt Dexter would like Hannibal in any case. He's compelled to kill other serial killers, especially those who prey on the innocent. Dexter would want Hannibal on his table, and Hannibal wouldn't take too kindly to Dexter snooping around. I see it as Hannibal leaving little clues for Dexter, always one step ahead of him, and Hannibal being the ultimate prize in Dexter' eyes. Much like how Dexter idolized the Trinity Killer, except Hannibal wouldn't make mistakes and be a letdown for Dex.

Currently watching Dexter for the 3rd time and on season 5.
>>
>>726783460
Say hannibal is in miami, dexter knows about his past and approaches him as per usual in order to eventually get him on the table.

Hannibal can obviously tell that dexters 'personality' is all a lie and that he isnt who he seems, yeh he doesnt know that hes a serial killer who is planning on killing him(yet)

Who wins?
>>
>>726784003
How could Hannibal tell if dexter is not himself? hannibal never did something like that
>>
File: Ourei_Harada.jpg (66KB, 435x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ourei_Harada.jpg
66KB, 435x600px
>>726780417
Depends on the circumstances.
In the Hannibal series a guy got the jump on Hannibal and almost killed him, and would have if he'd just let him drown in the pool.
If Dexter can do the same, Hannibal goes down easy; Dexter specializes in ambushes.

However, if Hannibal knew Dexter was gunning for him, he'd simply destroy Dexter's reputation through his social cunning and keep him from ever getting any rest while the police look for him. That way if Dexter does come for him, he'll be at his weakest and Hannibal can defend against him much easier, especially when he's expecting him.

But in a fair hand to hand fight, Dexter wins, but with a bit of difficulty.
Dexter's got extensive martial arts training and he's younger, but Hannibal is still a dangerous opponent. Even in his old age, he managed to kill two well built prison guards in his escape with minimal weapons.
>>
>>726784003
Dexter
>>
>>726784152
He is incredibly intelligent, and is a licensed psychiatrist. He managed to figure out clarices past and get inside her head with only a few minutes of conversing, if im not mistaken.
>>
>>726784152
He's a master at psychiatry, not to mention he's very familiar with that sort of personality.
>>
If Dexter had ended after season 5, maybe I'd bet on him. But he did so much retarded shit those last 3 seasons because the writing got so poor, that I have to go Hannibal.
>>
File: njme2.jpg (53KB, 513x737px) Image search: [Google]
njme2.jpg
53KB, 513x737px
>>726784363
Correct
That's the most dangerous thing about him: he has the ability to predict other people's reactions and get inside their heads.
>>
>>726784399
I dont really consider the last 3 seasons to be 'canon' mainly because of the wrter strike.
But after 5 seaons, and that much screen time there isnt really anywhere else the story can go besides dexter getting caught and shit.
It had all already been done, i dont blame them for doing what they did with the last seasons.
>>
>>726780417
Hand to hand? Dexter all the way, but that is not how it would happen. Hannibal would outsmart and kill him. Hannibal would even quickly figure out that Dexter is watching him and use that to set up a trap.
>>
>>726784476
Yes but its stated many, many times throughout dexter that he does not feel emotions.

Cant get inside someons head and manipulate them if they dont feel anything in the first place
>>
>>726784646
Dexter has fallen into a few traps throughout ther series, yet he always manages to escape and come out on top
>>
>>726784697
I think Dexter likes to tell himself that so he doesn't feel as vulnerable.
Towards the end of season 4 he had grown very attached to his kids and Rita, season 5 shows just how broken up he was over Rita's death.
No, there's something there for Hannibal to use.
It might be harder to get to him than others because Dexter is so used to masking his emotions, but I like Hannibal's chances.
>>
The problem is that Dexter needs to blend in and study his victim. I think Hannibal, with his deep network as he's constantly on the run, would pick up on this.
Then it's more about a chess game than a hunt.
The real question, however, is if Hannibal would be able to stay two steps ahead and spring a trap on Dexter.
Dexter isn't an idiot and has trained himself pretty well.
>>
Dexter hands down, hannibke doesnt stand a chance
>>
>>726784783

Yah, cuz it would make total sense for him to fall victim and get killed, ending the series prematurely.
>>
>>726784904
He was only really upset about ritas death for, half the season at most, by the later half of the season, hed already starting fucking someone else.

I think he did get close to them and maybe did feel something for rita, however once she was gone i think he got over her pretty quick.

His son, harrison would be a target for hannibal though
>>
File: red_head.jpg (81KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
red_head.jpg
81KB, 640x853px
>>726785326
Right.
That's another way that Dexter's vulnerable in a way that Hannibal simply cannot be.
Hannibal's had lovers and friends, but everyone of them he treated callously and more like they were pet projects than human beings.
Dexter actually forms attachments to a few people, however shallow they might be, like his bond with Deb and Harrison. That really doesn't apply for Hannibal; he can sacrifice someone at will if he needs to. He's a purer sociopath.

However, Will Graham was a notable exception in the Hannibal series. Hannibal did feel a sort of kinship with him, which is why Will got so close in the first place.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.