[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about spirituality? Total bullshit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (110KB, 800x596px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
110KB, 800x596px
What do you guys think about spirituality? Total bullshit or a core of truth?
>>
Too ill-defined to even talk about.
>>
True spirituality is about looking within yourself for answers, as soon as you've extended past that, you have failed
>>
>>726756204
Let's put it like this, i have had some spiritual experiences but are they just an illusion made up by the mind or is there more behind it? It has a lot of potential for me.. if i meditate i have like a natural xtc buzz... I just don't know if i'm going insane or there just might be something about it.. i've always been a different person and have felt that something is not right.. but since there is schizofrenia in my family i've always ignored it and i was very scientificly focussed, but since now i've got a whole different point of view on.. i'm really questioning this to myself
>>
>>726756945
>are they just an illusion made up by the mind or is there more behind it
Well we know that people can hallucinate and have induced feelings.
We don't know about anything "more" that could be behind it.
>>
>>726756345
That sounds like self-administered psychotherapy.
>>
>>726757234
And let's say i have some small clue's that not everything about it was a hallucination.. but that i might have misunderstood things... i'm not shure if my mind is just playing a game with me. I mean i would consider the risk going insane for finding out if nobody would tell me but if it's shure i would go insane then i would probably not take the risk
>>
>>726756104
Why don't you start by defining it so a conversation can be had, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>726757957
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
>>
>>726757418
And yes it is, my psychiatrist and psychologist haven't been a really great help for me so i've had to figure things out all by myself, i've improved myself a lot but there shure as hell is a long way to go
>>
>>726757957
>i'm not shure
>shure

You're also not that intelligent. No wonder you're easily fooled by your own consciousness.
>>
It essentially the building block for a great life
>>
>>726758182
My native language is not english and i've had a few beers if that might explain, i've got an IQ somewhere around 120 if that might be of use... i would not consider myself smart actually because i've made a lot of stupid decisions in the past
>>
>>726756945
>Let's put it like this, i have had some spiritual experiences but are they just an illusion made up by the mind

Yes.
>>
>>726758512
How so?
>>
>>726758055
>>726758182
Both of these
>>
>>726758749
Is there any way to prove it actually is? And how so? I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything but science is not exact science, with the look of modern science conciousness cannot be explained and would not even exist, but i know that i am concious.. or that also must be an illusion but it seems to me it would be rather strange
>>
Spirituality is a broad concept, but I'll keep my response narrow. I think the more "inner peace" stuff could be very useful to people by helping them balance life and develop certain beneficial philosophies, but believing in horoscopes/gods/other external spiritual mumbo jumbo is kinda dumb.
>>
>>726759548
Saying that science cannot currently fully explain something does not mean that it would not exist.
>>
Well there's no bullshit, nor truth inside your spirit. Your spirit is what you consciously make of it (the conscient) and what you unconsciously make of it (the inconscient).

When you understand these two entities, you can try to imagine them, make them live.

These two entities are always in conflict. It took me 6 years to finally reconcile them. How? Belief.

Not an ignorant belief, a conscious belief: "I know that what I am imagining might be not even real, but I still believe in it".
This is real hard, but if I did it, you can also do it.

This was my way to enter my own spirituality, imagining the conscient and the unconscient as two different persons inside me. Don't ever follow meditation courses, religions or anything: you can't enter in your mind when you are following codes.
Follow your own path.

But what would you do that?
- You will know yourself
You won't lie to yourself anymore, because your unconscious pulsions, desires and memories will all be clear.
The unconscient will become a friend: you will ask him a question about yourself before bed, he will answer you in a dream.

- Improved memory

- Understand the process of inspiration in artistic activites, let the unconscient do what he wants to do.
Be careful, don't let him be stronger than your conscient (what happens during pyschedelic journeys) because there is not point in that.

Anyway, don't forget that all that is beliefs. But one day, to understand spirituality, you must forget your sceptical edginess a little bit to enter this strange world.
>>
>>726759548
>Is there any way to prove it actually is? And how so?

Is there any way to prove it's not? And granted that there is not currently a way to prove that it's all in the mind, what evidence is there to point elsewhere?

Given everything we currently know and understand, it makes no sense to assume a metaphysical explanation where none is necessary.
>>
>>726759809
I'm saying that science is denying something they cannot explain and putting it away as an illusion (conciousness) since all matter in the universe is unconcious but we as humans aren't
>>
>>726760030
Are you aware of emergent properties?
>>
>>726760030
Again, according to everything we currently understand about neurology, all evidence points to consciousness and spiritual experiences as being elaborate illusions based in the physical realm of the brain. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that gives evidence to anything other than that. No, it cannot be "proven," but that in itself is not a reason to insert an explanation based on zero evidence.
>>
>>726759862
>"I know that what I am imagining might be not even real, but I still believe in it".
This is real hard, but if I did it, you can also do it.
Why would I want to do this?
>You won't lie to yourself anymore
Except the whole exercise is based on a lie.
>But one day, to understand spirituality, you must forget your sceptical edginess a little bit to enter this strange world.
So you want me to abandon reality and embrace fantasy. No thanks.
>>
>>726760406

Based on lie? I didn't lie to myself, I just open my mind to all the possibilities the human brain can offer.
>>
>>726760860
>I just open my mind to all the possibilities the human brain can offer.
>the human brain

As long as you understand it's all happening there and nowhere else, have fun.
>>
>>726760860
You said yourself that you are consciously forcing a belief. That's not being open to possibilities.
>>
google what is New Thought
>>
>>726759862
Thank you for sharing.

Fuck that other guy, I took from this what I could. All we can do is try to understand..
>>
>>726761068
not him but what is reality then?
>>
>>726761482
Probably also an illusion made up by your mind i guess, i mean we are just animals so there is no reality only perspective.. as long as it influences me in a positive way i guess i'll be fine (still a little worried about the schizofrenia tho)
>>
>>726760406
Edge-master
>>
>>726761068

I am an agnostic. As a conscient human being who lives in society, I believe in what is and I am questionning myself on what is not.

At the same time, I understand that I am a spiritual human being who was unconscously given a perception of the world during my childhood. Thanks to my work, I don't stick to a single perception of the word, of life anymore.

But as you say, its all happening in my brain. That's what spirituality is all about. Know yourself. Be the one you want to be. Don't spread your beliefs and ways of thinking as the universal truth.

I mean that's why I am not really into religions, because it pushes a single way of thinking, a single perception. That's bullshit.
>>
Each person's reality is part of the universal consciousness
>>
File: 1455806816494.jpg (25KB, 452x548px)
1455806816494.jpg
25KB, 452x548px
>>726761777
i was worried about that last night actually, ive been listening to some of Alan Watts' lectures.
>>
If you truly believe something is real, then it's real. I use to not believe in anything spiritual, today i can feel half of my chakras writhe on my back. If You've ever seen The movie The men who stare at goats, it's like that basically
>>
>>726761982
Edges cut through bullshit.
>>
Cancer is only real because the majority of people believe it exists. Same goes for a lot of disease and the like
>>
>>726756104
It's just an aspect of the universe bro, you can live a fulfilling life with or with out contact with non physical entities
>>
>>726762275
>If you truly believe something is real, then it's real
Try truly believing that there is a million dollars sitting in a pile right in front of you.
>>
>>726762434
how?
>>
>>726761250

This was my way of entering in the depths of my mind. You don't have to do it, it is just what worked for me so I kept believing in those two entities.

I can't help you more than that. The true path to spirituality doesn't exist, every paths are good.
>>
>>726762453
That would take a lot of time and mastery of the physical plane of existence that i don't have. Still working on the mental plane bro, give it some time haha
>>
>>726762453
That's why i'm worried.. you will probably see the milion dollars and act like it and before you know you're locked up in a mental institution and return to reality knowing you're fucked
>>
>>726762593
Through shared consciousness
>>
>>726762600
If every path is a good one for reaching the destination, then I don't think the destination is real.
>>
>>726762832
Bullshit.
>>
>>726762453
Or you could force others to believe money is worthless. Also you know it's much easier to grow onto an infinite idea than to zap scraps of printed timber into existence.

I mean if you can zap something into existence you can probably zap anything, but you need to practice that ability of zapping for a while first.
>>
>>726763080
Try forcing me to believe that money is worthless. I dare you.
>>
>>726762981
Shared consciousness is a proven fact, I just don't care enough to explain it xD
>>
>>726762841
It's all about the journey, not the destination i guess because you end up dead anyways
>>
Money isn't real, you can't understand anything if you cling to your false perceptions
>>
>>726763249
Not in the way you are using the term it's not.
>>
>>726762764
Don't give up your dream of being anything, accumulate your energy and know there are others that believe in your ability to grow far beyond this state of man.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 120x90px)
images.jpg
3KB, 120x90px
Meh only partially about spirituiality but I really like Elon Musks theory on about us being in a simulation.

Cause if you think of it this way, if this life is mearly a game, and when you die the simulation ends. Technically whatever you do doesnt matter, and nothing really can dissapoint you. You do whatever you like and you do your best to try get a "high score" in life, whatever that is in your mind, then when you die you just get out. Its kinda like that rick and morty episode when he plays the virtual reality game.

I guess its kind of a different way of believing in heaven or an afterlife, but still not having to follow the way religious ppl live, idk

what do you guys think.
>>
>>726763402
>the dollar bills in your hand are imaginary
>>
>>726762841

Do you even know what is the destination?
I don't even know it. There's no destination, it is just a road that never ends.

I totally understand what you are saying. I felt like you do fro a long time.
The "destination" implies that there is an end in the process: the "ideal of spirituality", what Buddha reached.

In my spirituality the only end that exists is death. The life gives us time to understand who were are, then death finally interrupts the process.

So the "buddha-like spiritual ecstasy" is not what I seek for.
>>
>>726763249
Yes it is, it's been proven with certain experiments... but to me it seems so unbelievable, but at the end.. if for some reason it is possible for the universe to exist wouldn't anything be possible?
>>
>>726763228
You create your own wall of mind. I can't make you do anything, it's your choice to believe in a better world being possible.
>>
>>726763545
>I felt like you do fro a long time.
It's been my experience that people who say that never actually felt the way that I do.
>>
>>726763474
To me that would be a path to full blown psychopathy
>>
>>726763551
> I can't make you do anything
Then why did you claim you could?
>>
>>726763418
It's real in the sense that it is a tool, it's useful in the society we live in, but without society, its only good for kindling
>>
>>726756104
Find a way of life that lets you enjoy your fleeting life and don't waste time shitting on others.
>>
>>726763466
Nice Dubs! thanks /b/rother
>>
>>726763791
It's not real in the sense that it enables cancer and other diseases.
>>
>>726763715
I guess, but would that make you happy really, be real for a moment.

I guess you could not give a dam about morals and jusst become a killer but on the other hand , why? you can do whatever the fuck you want in life, when people realize that its like "eye opening"
>>
If youre talking spirituality like spirits and the existence of souls then ??? = Opinion circlejerk

Closest i get to spirituality is I believe buddha was a guy who spent a lot of time trying to master his mind, and like a great master at anything, he learned some things the average guy couldnt.
Tennis master learns new techniques how to better hit the ball, master of the mind understands how to better use the mind.

Mastering your mind > other things

Master your mind and then other things will be easy.
>>
>>726763548
Anything is possible, you just have to be patient, we LITERALLY have eternity to figure this out
>>
>>726762764
this nigga talkin about the secret
>>
>>726763774
I'm a different guy, I started replying to you at >>726763080

But just because I believe people, including myself can do anything, doesn't mean I'm going to do everything I can get my grubby mitts on.
>>
>>726763921
People not being at harmony within themselves enables those toxic ideas to take root
>>
>>726764134
Hermetics, check it out
>>
>>726756345
nigger
>>
>>726764103
>Anything is possible
Is it possible for A to be not A?
>we LITERALLY have eternity to figure this out
Except that you'll die, so no. There's also the potential problem of the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>726756104
it is totally truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQNpVVUNWg
>>
>>726763970
Why, i don't know why but i'm pretty shure i would... for some reason the way i look at reality would change so much without actually changing a thing..
>>
Read: Waking Up by Sam Harris
>>
>>726764246
Cancer isn't just an idea. The concept of cancer refers to a real object in reality. Whether or not you are at harmony with yourself, you can get cancer.
>>
>>726764362
My body will die eventually, yes, but our souls are immortal dude. Your too combative and closed off to the idea to really get it though. Karma is real as well
>>
>>726764589
No, i can't
>>
>>726764600
>our souls are immortal dude
Why do you think souls exist? Why do you think souls are immortal?
>Your too combative
Being combative is how we separate truth from not truth.
>closed off to the idea
I'm open to ideas, but the entrance fee is high.
>Karma is real as well
The evidence suggests otherwise.
>>
>>726756104
"Sprituality" explains almost nothing since it's not just a huge field of often mutually exclusive ideas, but also a usually poorly defined one.
>>
>>726764662
Prove it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdPTqvyIgBE
>>
>>726764600
>but our souls are immortal dude.
>Karma is real as well

You simply cannot state these things as facts. You don't know this. You don't possess this knowledge. Believe what you want - but admit it's a belief. Otherwise you're a liar or delusional, and neither trait is attractive.
>>
>>726764600
I believe karma isnt something like, "uh oh you were mean to someone and karmas gonna get youuuu".

It's more like, theres a web of decisions that began at the beginning of humanity and before, where each choice led somehow to this moment. So every choice is connected to something, and every choice you make will affect the future, for better or worse.
>>
>>726761777
>>726762203
Careful now kids, let's not enter in the super relative realm or we'll end up like those tumblr faggots who identify themselves as random things that never had sexual organs.
>>
>>726764820
I just know what I've experienced, if i try it and it doesn't work, then i stop doing it. I get a lot of my idea from ancient cultures, Egyptians, Sumerians. I research works attributed to Hermes Trismegistus.
>>
>>726764600
I've had some mdma on my birthday about 250mg in crystals, but i stayed in it for like a week or so and then i could see proof of karma and stuff but as far as i know it might be an illusion
>>
>>726764860
You either belief me or you don't, i could care less
>>
>>726765240
>I just know what I've experienced
You know what you believe you've experienced. Human memory is actually notoriously unreliable and the human mind is prone to fallacious reasoning.
>I get a lot of my idea from ancient cultures
I get my ideas from modern culture, though a lot of those ideas can trace there roots back to ancient culture. Skeptics have been around for a long time.
>>
>>726765051
Yeah, simply put, you reap what you sow. Plain and simple
>>
>>726763228
Don't worry he's problably thinking it's just about rolling a 20 and everything will be as he wants.
>>
>>726765359
>belief me
>could care less

Well, you're not making a great case for yourself intelligence-wise.

But I'm sure you couldn't care less.
>>
>>726765359
Okay. I don't.
>>
>>726765502
Strive for perfection. Acknowledge perfection may never be attained, but strive for it nonetheless.
>>
>>726765534
He could probably care slighly less.
>>
>>726763474
It's not Ellon musk theory, that's as old as the sims 1.

And how is that concept helping you getting somewhere? Do you feel joy now knowing your life is a pointless motherfucking game? Do your pain feel less real? Will this theory prevent you from shitting all over yourself when you're close to die?
>>
>>726765534
Anyone who says belief me i cant get cancer is troll
>>
>>726765784
I do. I strive to believe that which is true and not believe that which is not true. Skepticism and methodologies based upon it (e.g. the scientific method) appear to be the best way to accomplish this.
>>
>>726765534
Pick apart my grammar cause your jealous son
>>
>>726763474
Turn off the computer and go out to meet more people you reality-divorced basement dweller.
>>
>>726760361
how are you sure that neurologic activity is not the physical manifestation of consciousness and spiritual experiences?

consider minecraft. you're virtually in a world of blocks carving out a castle for yourself. now remove your hard drive from your computer and try shoving yourself into the space that occupies your hard drive so you can walk around your castle in physical reality.
>>
>>726765916
Science will eventually catch up, the scientific community at least understands that everything is made up of energy
>>
>>726765895
Needing to live by values in order to check off the requirement for spiritual validation seems a lot more stressful than being realistic about what can/should be accomplished. Cut through the ego driven goals of spirituality and realize plainly what can be done in the present moment.
>>
>>726766125
Not him, but why would you consider Minecraft in this topic?
>>
>>726766332
If science deviates from a belief that you hold, will you abandon that belief?
>>
>>726766503
I could answer that question either way
>>
>>726766332
No it doesn't, it has matter and anti-matter and quantum fields and all kinds of outrageous shit I don't understand.
>>
>>726766759
If you could answer that question either way, then the actual answer is no.
>>
>>726766811
Everything is just energy. The air around you, your body, the porn you fap to, it's all just a sea of energy and your consciousness is just inhabiting the space where your body is in the physical
>>
>>726766957
Not everything is black and white. There is a fuck ton of grey area
>>
Total bullshit, just some stupid people trying to get into a secret club because they didnt fit in with the cool kids
>>
>>726766125
>how are you sure that neurologic activity is not the physical manifestation of consciousness and spiritual experiences?

About as sure as I am about any other argument for the supernatural existing. Which is pretty sure.

How sure are you that flying pink unicorns don't exist? The world is a large place - they could be somewhere out there. You can't prove they don't exist.
>>
>>726767308
You would either hold a belief in the face of a contradictory scientific reality or you would not. Yes or no. Black or white.
>>
>>726767233
Dubs has spoken.

Also, if we are all energy, then the idea of being connected with all things is verifiable fact. Everything is just vibrations mannn.. ridin the omnidirectional energy waves dudeee
>>
>>726766419
True, that's a good start for being free, but you could attain that without the need of this theory. Pretending your life is a game it's just another form of escapism.
>>
>>726767233
Prove it.
>>
>>726767233
Mind-body duality is a shit meme.
>>
>>726767534
>Also, if we are all energy, then the idea of being connected with all things is verifiable fact
Is it? What if we are just different "frequencies" of energy that exist in separate dimensions?

See, if you get to just make shit up, you can make up anything.
>>
>>726767483
If it were to disprove chakras, no i would not change my beliefs. But i don't hold all my beliefs to the same degree. The more they prove to be true to me, the more and more i believe it's real
>>
>>726767545

learned this in grade 6

Underage b& confirmed?
>>
>>726767534
Well said haha
>>
>>726767829
Was your school run by a cult?
>>
>>726767818
>If it were to disprove chakras, no i would not change my beliefs.
There we go then. The actual answer to my question is no. That's all I needed to know.
>>
>>726767793
Yeah, isn't that awesome? Existence is literally what you make it
>>
>>726767829
"everything is energy"

Define energy please.
>>
>>726768051
We respect mormons in here.
>>
>>726767793
Well theories are all good but under the current model that everything is made of atoms is a bit closer to "we are all made up of the same stuff quantum entanglement yadayada".
>>
>>726768139
Then I make existence non-existence. I hope you guys enjoyed existing while it lasted.
>>
>>726768133
"The lips of wisdom are closed except to the ears of understanding." - Hermes Trismegistus
>>
>>726768235
Advance warning: don't confuse colloquial theories with scientific theories

>we are all made up of the same stuff quantum entanglement yadayada
Sure, but that doesn't address what we REALLY are, which is apparently conscious energy floating about. That conscious energy is actually completely separate.
>>
>>726768142
waves of electrons propogating through space colliding with other waves creating intereference which in turn allows for large masses of energy to form which creates energy structures strong enough to have a physical presence on the macro scale, which in turn leads to planets n stuff.
>>
>>726768342
>quoting someone else's opinion as if it matters or wins an argument

I can do it to:

"Fuck you, fuck you, and suck cock." - Indian Guy from Zack and Miri Make a Porno.
>>
>>726768487
Well tell me this, where is informational energy stored in computer systems, is it floating around? Or is it simply an electrical signal. Is consciousness just a chemical signal?
>>
>>726768504
Yeah, that's not how that works. Mass and energy are closely related, but separate things. Wikipedia will tell you that, for fucks sake.

Do yourself a favor and put down the bong for a few weeks.
>>
>>726768342
k. My statement stands.
>>
>>726768338
That would just end it for you, we all still have our own realities
>>
>>726768698
>Or is it simply an electrical signal
To put it simplistically, yes.
>Is consciousness just a chemical signal?
To put it simplistically, that seems probable given the available evidence, yes.
>>
>>726768760
If we aren't in the same reality, how are you talking to me? Is solipsism true? Am I the only mind and you are all an illusion? If that's the case, then ending my reality would be the end for you.
>>
>>726768504
>waves of electrons propogating through space

Cool - what about the protons and neutrons? You forget about those in your 6th grade science class?
>>
>>726768996
>implying protons aren't waves.
Ever hear of the double slit experiment?
>>
>>726769270
Those were photons, you fucking moron.
>>
>>726756104
its pretty gud
>>
>>726768707
m = E/mc^2
Explain how they arent interconnected ? Mass is a measurement of energy, the density of energy in a system. More energy = more mass.
>>
>>726769456
The double slit experiment has been repeated for other things besides photons. It doesn't actually lead to the conclusion that he wants it to, but reality is reality.
>>
>>726769662
then why are fatasses so fucking lazy lol xd
>>
>>726769662
Great - explain how this = consciousness being anything other than an illusory manifestation of physical mechanisms within the brain and I'll take you seriously.
>>
>>726769270
Oops lol, but where does it say that protons are specific objects? Protons themselves are made up of smaller particles, those particles are too etc. Where does it disprove that they are not waves of energy themselves fundamentally?
>>
>>726769662
I suggest you look up mass-energy equivalence and learn what it means.
>>
>>726756104
I think it's bullshit, other people think it's true, like opinion I don't think there's a right answer.
>>
>>726769936
I grant you that everything is energy on a quantum level - and yes, non-locality is a thing on the quantum level.

But there is NO evidence to suggest that this applies to the macro level, and NO evidence to suggest that consciousness is non-local. This is where you (and all the other Deepak Chopra mystical bullshit) arguments fall flat. Any physicist will tell you the same.
>>
>>726769863
My best guess is that the illusion comes from the fact that we construct the reality within our minds, but we aren't aware of energy beyond our visual range. Eg. UV is not perceptible to our experience. We understand the tiny frequency waves of light by our eyes, we detect the physical properties of objects with our touch, and we can detect different molecules through our taste and smell, we detect pressure waves through our ears. The illusion is that we construct a solid reality based on those perceptions, whereas we actually exist in a universe of micro and macro scale, constantly in motion.
>>
>>726770120
I dont suggest its non local at all. I think it's electrical signals in your brain storing info in a means similar to that of a computer.
>>
>>726770568
>My best guess

Stopped reading right there. Unless you're a leading neurologist or quantum physicist involved in the latest, most groundbreaking research to date, I'm not that interested in your "guess."

I'm going to defer to expert opinion on these topics to form my opinions.
>>
>>726770784
Fair enough - I agree.
>>
>>726769952
Id ask you to try and explain your understanding so i can better mine, because clearly we understand it differently.
>>
if youre one of those "science is my religion types" that needs everything to make sense rationally then its bullshit. otherwise it can have great value for you. personally i think it has a lot of value even though most of it doesn't make a lot of sense, but then again theres a lot shit that doesn't make sense so i don't mind.
>>
>>726756104
I used to be on the edge about stuff like this, I considered myself agnostic for a long while, until I stumbled upon channels and what not. Channelers are basically people who act as mediums for various beings.

One who caught my attention is one called Bashar, channeled by Darryl Anka. At first, I was as skeptic of his teachings but as you listen to it more and more it starts to all piece together. Abraham Hicks, Seth, are a few others to name.

Now, basically it is as follows: We imagine god as one person, overwatching all of the universe. But their version of "god" is All That Is. All That Is is basically everything in creation that has ever existed, has existed, and will exist linearly speaking, because all things exist at once. You are All That Is experiencing itself from your point of view.

You also create your reality, totally, completely. %100. You do this with your beliefs and definitions about how your reality is, whether conscious or unconscious. He also goes into depth about parallel realities.

Parallel realities and the fact that everything is NOW. To them, there is no such thing as linear time. Every single moment is time is all now, but from a different point of view. Every moment is the same moment from a different perspective, everything already exists now. The entirety of existence is happening right now, you only experience a specific portion of it though because only a specific portion of it is relevant to you based on who you are now, who you define yourselves to be. Expand your definitions of yourself. If to you there is a so called past and future, then that's the effect you are creating, in the NOW.
>>
>>726770802
Well my guess is based on objective fact, and it's in response to "explain this etc", so i attempted to explain. if you want to be dogmatic in your approach to understanding, be my guest. Do you actually refute my "guess"? I want some scientific rebuttals, otherwise why not ask your questions to proven scholars of a scientific community?
>>
File: nirvana.gif (910KB, 247x304px) Image search: [Google]
nirvana.gif
910KB, 247x304px
>>726756104
If ignorance is bliss then death truly is paradise.
>>
>>726771301
>if youre one of those "science is my religion types" that needs everything to make sense rationally then its bullshit.

Not true at all. I'm one of those types, and I find "spirituality" to have great value. I also believe that there is a logical, scientific explanation behind it. Sam Harris is famous for talking about this in terms of meditation and certain Buddhist practices, and he's an atheist neuroscientist.
>>
>>726771585
I don't know what your guess was because I didn't read beyond "My best guess."

You could have it right. I don't really care. I'm comfortable with where I get my information from, and it's not 4chan.
>>
>>726756104
To think that a live body and dead body are not different on so many levels is ignorance. If we were meat given life through chemical and electrical stimulus than frankenstein would be a true story.
>>
>>726771973
There is a major difference - a dead body does not have the conglomeration of electrical and chemical impulses which give rise to consciousness.

What other differences are necessary?
>>
>>726771556
Time is created by you shifting through billions of parallel realities, each second. That's how time is created. The analogy he uses is a film strip. Each picture, or reality, is it's own existing moment. When you play the strip one after the other in a fast motion, you get the illusion of movement. This is how change is created, and what determines which reality you shift to is based on your beliefs, thoughts, definitions, expectations.

He has 4 laws of creation and they areL

1. You exist
2. Everything is here/now
3. The all is the one, the one is the all
4. What you put out is what you get back (otherwise known as the law of attraction)

To #4, he says that physical reality is literally structuted like a mirror, and that whatever state of being you experience in the present determines what "future" you will experience.

Your physical external reality from the symbols that are reflective of your beliefs and emotions, or the state of being you choose in the now.
>>
>>726756945
what drugs have you done?
>>
>>726771556
Example of creating your reality: "damn, i hate the sound of the train i live near".
Instead of "i love trains yay". One person hates a sound based off of nothing, the other loves it based off autism. Either way a train is making sound waves that travel to your ear and your ego can interpret it a number of ways.
>>
>>726772360
Atheist science worshiper here.

I can totally dig that - I live by that philosophy.
>>
>>726771866
Whatever dude you either want to have interesting discussions or you don't. All info needs to be taken objectively so it shouldnt affect you that much, that you refuse to read based off a figure of speech.
>>
>>726772647
>All info needs to be taken objectively

That's not entirely possible. Interpreting information is subjective by nature.
>>
>>726772360
Yeah, nothing in reality has any built in meaning. You determine the effect of whether it be positive or negative, and that will determine the experience you get. You may think this is all bullshit, but I know and many others know that this works for me. Listen to him if you want, don't if you don't want to. But my life has completely changed because I gave it a chance and I was open minded enough to take in these concepts.
>>
>>726772756
id argue that point, you can subjectively interpret, yes, but you can also objectively analyze the information you subjectively interpreted.
Eg. The apple looks grey, subjective interpretation based off of subjective experience. However objectively and with opinions from science you can say well apparently there are many spectrums of light, perhaps it isnt actually blue.
>>
>>726773079
Well everyone has some bias in their approach, but I try to keep the idea of ego driven interpretation if the world in mind. It's hard, though; i fuckin love trains.
>>
>>726773597
If you subjectively interpreted it in the first place then even the objective analysis can be argued to be tainted by the subjective interpretation and thus be subjective itself.
>>
>>726773597
I mean grey . But yeah if you're subjective, colorblind, and the ruler of the world, you could force people to agree that it is indeed grey. So be objective, save the world, and have interesting debates with all types of people
>>
>>726774336
True, but your subjective objectivity is closer to objectivity than subjective subjectivity? I wont argue with you, you are right, but I guess I am aiming for being as objective as possible, however impossible. The very idea that everything is subjective is the basis of understanding how to be objective, so subjectively i objectively agree with your objective subjectivity
>>
>>726774693
I concur. Well done.
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.