[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's happening. The SJW #WhiteLivesDontMatter, groups won't

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

It's happening.

The SJW #WhiteLivesDontMatter, groups won't know what the hell to do.

They have already started to say it's whitewashing to make Light a white kid.

But making L a black guy instead of a Asian will be celebrated, even though it's the same thing.

They will attack each other online for liking it because of a black guy getting a lead "white" role or hating it for a white guy taking an "Asian role."

The racist people will do the exact same thing. Celebrate the white actor for being white and hate the black guy for existing.

Neither character will be Asian. And nobody will understand this. It will just be the big hypocrisy battle online from all sides.

This is a master stroke that I think the director did by accident.

Let the shit storm commence
>>
What the hell do you talk about?
>>
File: Lmangahello.jpg (35KB, 293x383px) Image search: [Google]
Lmangahello.jpg
35KB, 293x383px
Death note on Netflix.

Light is white and people have begun to bitch about race.

But L is black and people can't say that's a race thing either, because sjw's believe it's only racist if a white guy is doing it.

So as soon as someone points out it's a black guy "stealing" a Asian role it will blow the lid off that hypocrisy and cause more chaos
>>
It causes chaos in their own bubble not in the real world...
>>
>>726599519
>making L a black guy
This pisses me off the most. Fuck whoever decided this was even a remotely good idea.
>>
>>726600517
>unironically having a negative bias towards black people for no reason beyond their skin color

wew lad.
>>
File: 1486486657198.png (99KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1486486657198.png
99KB, 321x322px
>>726600249
>>726599519
>they made one of the most intelligent characters on the planet in the series a nigger
>>
>>726600708
>implying niggers only differ in skin color
wew lad
>>
And then there's this travesty....
>>
>>726601025
at least she's not a nigger
>>
Man is Netflix. Its yankee. Of caurse there will be whites and blacks. If you want asían characters, there are movies.
>>
>>726600708
First off, fuck niggers. They look ugly and were a mistake made by nature.

Second, this ruins L's great design. He had extremely pale skin, which was the result of his lifestyle, which made his dark eyes and long, unkempt dark hair stand out and drew focus on them. His white shirt almost completely matched his skin color and didn't have a lot of detail, which made it seem like a part of his body and gave impression that L just wore what he found comfortable. His design was great, and if it's a nigger playing the role, it's ruined.
>>
>>726599519
I think it'll just make it more clear that changing the races of actors when adapting an ASIAN CARTOON is not a big deal. The white washing argument will have less ground to stand on.

Anime continues to rise in popularity across the world. Of course different people will play the roles in adaptations. Japanese people didn't even have a problem with "white washing" when Scarjo was playing that one chick from that robot show. They were just like "We'd want the best actor for the role to play it. Scarjo is very popular and a great actress. I don't see the problem." The only correct, level-headed response.

I think this guy will play a good L. He fits the feel. That's all that needs to be said.
>>
>>726600517

>The racist people will do the exact same thing. Celebrate the white actor for being white and hate the black guy for existing.

And: https://www.buzzfeed.com/susancheng/netflixs-death-note-film-adaptation-or-whitewashing

Called it.
>>
>>726600901
>implying there's no difference between niggers and black people
wew lad
>>
http://alldigitocracy.org/live-action-anime-film-casts-black-actor-causing-critics-to-howl-in-protest/
>>
>>726601277
Refer to >>726601179

Changing races doesn't add anything to this experience. It only makes it worse. I'd like to think he was the best actor choice but I don't see that.
>>
https://youtu.be/gB5CyN5G3tM

First moments of BALM programming kicks in when they see lights face.
"I see what's wrong with this."

At the end hear that L is black.
"Oh well maybe we should give it a chance. Gotta support black people even if a second ago we were mad at the white guy taking the Asian role."
>>
>>726601380
>attempting to use semantics as an argument against a clear point; effectively using a straw man
wew lad
>>
Isn't L half white half Asian? At least the white guy makes sense somewhat
>>
>>726601913
nice find, friend
stupid monkeys can't help but make themselves look retarded
>>726602440
no
>>
Most SJWs don't care about racism against asians, have pretty much never even heard of anti semitism and are profoundly ignorant of the insane white on white racism in eastern europe, asian on asian racism in eastern Asia and black on black racism in Africa. They're only interested if it's an obvious colour difference.

My conclusion: SJWs don't give a flying fuck about racism and are the first people in line to take note of race wherever they go.
>>
File: niggered.jpg (79KB, 293x383px) Image search: [Google]
niggered.jpg
79KB, 293x383px
>>726602440
L is a pure white englishman.
>>
>>726602479
>>726602600
This is what I was referring to

>When asked about L's ethnicity, Ohba responded saying "I think of him as a quarter Japanese, a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter French or Italian, like that".
>>
>>726602600
L is quarter Russian, Japanese, American, and British.
>>
>>726601750
>hasn't even seen the film
>it's awful! garbage!
>there's no way he was the best actor choice!

If you carry your negative bias into the film, you're gonna think it's worse too. Black people can be more pale, and they can still have shadows under their eyes. I've known nerdy black guys who very clearly never leave their rooms, and you can tell just by looking at them. That's not skin color specific. If L wearing whatever he found comfortable, there's more than one way to portray that via mise en scene than just a white shirt that matches his complexion. It's very easy to portray a genius slob in a shit ton of different ways.

>oh I love Key and Peele!
>haha Dave Chapelle is so funny!
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THERE A NIGGER IN THIS MOVIE THAT ISN'T JUST COMIC RELIEF THOUGH

wew lad
>>
Ayo nigga I don't sit like dis cause I want to. I gots to sit like dis. A nigga sittin' all straight up and shit ain't gone be able to think as good, I'd be almost HALF as good at using my brain, dawg, ya feel me?
>>
>>726602711
ah, had never heard that before, thanks for the tip
>>
>>726600249
But L was white in the anime. I don't know why they always feel its necessary to change previously established white characters.
>>
Coincidence? Hell no, motherfucker. That's straight up too fucking easy. Ayo hol' up, this Kira motherfucker, whatever the po-po knows this cat knows, cat's game is tight. He's probably up in the cyberspace doing all that hacking shit, typical white boy, 'stead of just getting his homie on the inside to give him the scoop. Shit's obvious, nigga, I ain't fuckin' around with this shit.
>>
>>726602770
>Light looks like a druggie
>L is a black guy
>L is not black
>The green goblin is Ryuk

I don't expect it to be bad. I expect it to be another mediocre american adaptation of something millions of people enjoyed before L was niggered.
>>
Ayo word up ICPO, it's ya boi, L
>>
I wouldn't care if this didn't happen in every new movie since roughly 2009 now.

There's absolutely no significance to making him nigger other than this is now what they do in Hollywood.

The new star wars? Any new big blockbuster since 2007 or so? They just throw them in to either purposefully cause controversy, sell tickets by pandering to niggers (look we put in a nigger like you! Buy it), or for some global jew conspiracy to desensitized people to "culturization".. Maybe all three.

Still it's fucked up and just annoying at this point. No reason to cast a nigger for a role that was originally white, half white, whatever.

Im sick of it, and just like each new star wars, I won't be buying the movie until it's free on torrent.
>>
Maaaaaan leave those fucking phones on the table. Fuck that shit. When I'm tryin'a say sumfin and a cracker's phone go off I can't remember what the fuck I was sayin'
>>
>>726600249

Your post would make sense if people weren't bitching about Lakeith Stanfield in an Asian role as well as L. But that's not actually the case, he's getting shit for it on twitter as well.

Seems like you're trying to make up some BS "hypocrisy" controversy where there isn't one.
>>
>>726602058
>actor for L has been referred to as "a black guy" for the duration of the thread
>everyone is clearly discussing black people in roles
>first usage of the term "nigger" was you
>I'm the one with a logical fallacy

WEW lad

Black people are just people of darker skin tone who are educated, not ridiculously rowdy, and who get along with western culture. Picture Obama and similar. Niggers are black people who act niggardly. Picture pants down past the ass and lots of crime.

It's a choice of lifestyle.

So yes, BLACK PEOPLE mostly only differ in skin color, with some other small phenotype differences, and various different cultural influences, like still being accosted by cops everywhere they go their whole lives.
>>
>>726602770
There's a thing called "impression". My first impression of the movie wasn't a good one, because they're already ruining the design of a character I liked for NO reason. No, black people can't have pale skin. They can have lighter tone compared to other black people, but if it's not the lightest, it isn't as effective. Yes, there are more ways to convey L doesn't care about many things such as appearance, but his original design already did a great job at conveying that, and it was changed for no reason.

That's the biggest thing here. Why try to fix what isn't broken? Yes, it's a reimagining of the story, but not everything needs to change. If they had taken Death Note, and made it into a book with rainbow colors and sunshine and unicorns drawn all over it, everyone would be pissed. If they took Ryuk and made him into a 2 inch fairy, everyone would be pissed. The same is happening to L. He's being changed to look like something he isn't.
>>
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
>>
well L was black in the manga so I am glad they are returning to the roots.
>>
>>726602770
The issue I take with it, is it's not true to the source material. I know who the fuck L is, and I know what he looks like, and it's definitely not the actor playing him. It causes a disconnect between me and a favorite character
>>
>>726603661
The fuck are you speaking of
>>
>>726603264

Yes but those people are going to be labeled racist and Anti black.

The teaser just came out. Give it a few days but now that people are going to see it, it's going to get bigger
>>
>>726599519
guys i dont know what you all are bitching about. Light wins in the end. the black guy will die either way
>>
>>726603401
how is using the word "nigger" a logical fallacy? KEK
>Black people are just people of darker skin tone who are educated, not ridiculously rowdy, and who get along with western culture. Picture Obama and similar. Niggers are black people who act niggardly.
that's not what nigger means bud. you can't just change the meaning of a word because it hurts your feelings
>>
They're doing it because of two reasons

1) a nigger MUST be cast in every movie. At least one major supporting role.

2) L is the only other major supporting character that it could be. At least with L you could argue he's a bit hidden.

Here we are folks. Niggers must be cast in every movie. Often times needlessly. More often at the behest of the fans and the makers still will not care and shove it down your weak dumb fuck throats.

Why are you dumb? Because you keep buying the shit. Literally just stop. Stop buying their shit and watching their shit for one year. They'll realize they can't sell it anymore and will stop. It's the only way anons. When Wil u smarten up? You prob all paid to go see the new star wars in theaters huh?
>>
File: 1441694391158.jpg (23KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441694391158.jpg
23KB, 480x720px
Aww you snowflakes can never catch a break. I feel for ya.

I mean, we can point out hundreds of instances of whitewashing, mother fuckers deny it; make up excuses for it, spin in a circle do a backflip, land on go fuck yourself and keep on going. You can literally name like a handful of times where it has happened with a black person taking an Asian role, I think The Crow might be the only time I remember someone of Asian decent taking a white role (and he got shit for that too! lol).

It's cool though. Band together and fight the oppression you guys deal with every day.

"these Asians are upset with us white guys stealing their roles, fuck them. we anime now!!"

stfu.
>>
>>726599519
Autism: The Thread
>>
>>726603597
>the Death Note is now an elementary school girl's planner
>Ryuk is now a tiny fairy
I'd laugh my fucking ass off and love it, idk what you're on about.

They've already made live action movies for Death Note. Fucking watch those, or rewatch the show. Why remake something at all if you're not going to make changes? Also, why are you so afraid of change? Grow the fuck up and just enjoy shit as it comes, with an open mind.
>>
File: 882.jpg (27KB, 508x503px) Image search: [Google]
882.jpg
27KB, 508x503px
>>726603795
>>
>>726604224
Actually made me Kek

Fucking well done anon
>>
I'm not a big fan of the trailer in general or the actors that are playing Light and L. I don't understand the need to make a live action adaption if every fucking anime anyways.

But Willem Dafoe is fucking perfect
>>
>>726600708
>unironically

people who misuse this word should die
>>
>>726604224
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
>>
>>726603881

I doubt it, it's an objective fact that they gave a white/Asian role to a black and that's finr to call out.

But if its a bunch of anime avatar white kids calling him a nigger for getting a role, when his only crime is auditioning, then yeah, those guys are racist...
>>
>>726604189
>Grow the fuck up and just enjoy shit as it comes, with an open mind.
I've tried that for the past few years. I still get annoyed when they force nigger movie stars down my throat just to pander to niggers so they can sell more of their movies. Or whatever reason. It's annoying especially when it makes no sense. In this case taking a story that already has established characters.

You notice the only movies they backwash like this that sell well are beloved remakes of old movies. It needs to stop. So no, I won't "grow up" and accept it. It's not childish to critique a nigger getting cast for a white role when he's blatantly not black.
>>
>>726604189
If there's going to be changes, make changes to the story. If you're going to change the characters, don't use the existing ones. Make changes. Use a new character. Using a characters name, but changing the rest of it is just half-assing it in a really shit manner that will undoubtedly piss of the fans of the original character.

This bullshit about "growing up" or "accepting changes" is the most annoying one, because some idiots think they can say this and justify everything.
>>
>>726604375

Dafoe could play Malcom X and I'd be okay with it.
>>
>>726604224
fuck, thats awesome
>>
>>726599519
No different than the all Asian cast of the other live action even tho Misa is American no? And attack on titan had Germans but the live action was filled with all Asians.
>>
>>726599519
Seems to me it's b that'll freak out over a black L
>>
>>726604075
He was half white
>>
>>726600517
>>726600843
>>726601060
>>726601179
>>726603193
>>726603610
>>726604011

Wow look at all the racist people whining about only the black actor.

And look at Twitter complaining about race of the white guy, but not the black.

It's just like OP said.

You are all pawns of the shit storm! Dance puppets dance!

*Gets popcorn*
>>
File: 1490059387550.jpg (66KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490059387550.jpg
66KB, 400x400px
>>726606114
wow good point, you really proved us wrong
>>
>>726606114

but there are people complaining about the black guy too... just because you are ignoring it to try and make a stupid argument doesn't mean you are even a tiny bit less of a dipshit.
>>
>>726599519
ok here's why it's whitewashing to make Light white, although I really personally don't care. How many lead characters in hollywood/Netflix/Amazon what have you originals can you name that are Asian? None that I can think of, unless we're talking about Jackie Chan or some kind of kung fu movie.

Holywood has a clear history of taking roles that were about Asian people, and giving them to white people, see Avatar the Last Airbender, The Love Guru, Dragonball Evolution, and a literally any other movie involving asians from before 2000. Notice how all these modern movies are all shit?

Also L in the Anime wasn't Asian he was British, and cuz once you make Light white, it really even wouldn't make sense to make the rest of the cast Japanese.

Personally, the reason I'm upset with this is cuz they're changing the formula way too much of the original Death Note. Light looks like such a pussy with his bitch ass highlights, the story just looks so edgy and tween oriented. Looks really artificial and fake. I mean if youre going to white wash the story at least do a decent job and dont make it look like fucking twilight
>>
>>726600517
Who else are they gonna get to play a guy with no parents? A white guy?
>>
>>726607166
also adding onto my previous comment, the white guy they chose for Light looks like toby fucking maguire, not even a decent looking white guy a toby fucking maguire copycapt
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.