[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me 1 year ago >sour atheist >edgy atheist "friends"

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 33

File: GW285H298[1].jpg (15KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
GW285H298[1].jpg
15KB, 285x298px
>be me 1 year ago
>sour atheist
>edgy atheist "friends"
>depresed almost every day
>meet this cool guy who i dont see since highschool
>mfw is a christfag
>start talking on facebook almost everyday, his facebook is full of cible quotes and pictures of him and anothers chrisfags seems happy
>invites me to an christfags picnic, i say wathever i have nothing to do anyway
>picnic is full of christfag, all happy talking and eating
>start talking with them (normal things, without going full fedora)
>starting feeling comfortable
>starting going to the church events because i want to be more social and the food is good
>tfw actually qt christian girlfriend and happy, and still going to church
still atheist but i dont care the religious stuff because i feel happy, now i know why atheist are so misserables, call me hipocryte or wathever you want but this religious thing is the best thing that could be happened to me
>>
>>726438085
Pretty m7ch same situation that you are in. I'm doing om
>>
>>726438085
What's the fucking point then if you will still be a miserable atheist anyways?

Maybe you didn't want to be for once and maybe you don't want to be one after all
>>
I'm an atheist, but I can see why having a church community is fulfilling for some people,
it helps a lot of people with human contact where they might have trouble meeting people and having fun.

It's pretty much the same as anime club though, friends with a common interest getting together and having fun,
except with the bible instead of fun Chinese cartoons.
I'm actually seeing a lot more comparisons there than I realized at first.
>>
>>726438085
shill as fuck.
>>
>>726439091
All that fun is completely empty though, in both cases.
I prefer the solitude.
>>
>>726438085
Your overall quality of life now is God showing you a different path. You can go back to being a miserable know it all atheist or humble yourself and understand that you don't know everything in the universe. Just enjoy life you little fag.
>>
>>726438888
how i say before i dont care the religious stuff anymore, and i think is ok if the people want something to believe
>>
>>726438085
>religion is just an excuse for people to find community and support
well yeah, if you can pretend to be a retard youll always have that nice and fluffy feeling
>>
God is actually hoping that most of us become atheists. It's too much pressure on him for EVERYONE to be into him.
>>
>>726438085
Here's my take on religion. I don't believe in God/Heaven, however I do believe that generally the Christian religion has a lot of good teaching that can be applied to your life. Some of the teachings are pretty retarded, however a lot of them can be applied to your life.
>>
>>726439091
i couldnt compare both, anyway they are not fanatics or stricts like other community even they drink beer and smoke(not in the church events obviously), they are more like average people
>>
>>726439091
comparing church to a "chinese cartoon" anime club has got to be the most fucking ridiculous shit I've heard today
>>
File: black kid pranks dad.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
black kid pranks dad.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>726438085
thats the whole point faggots. jesus was just a good guy and wanted you to get together with your friends and family, be nice, and have good time. church is doing what its supposed to do, keep community strong and together, and clean. not degenerate.

nothing wrong with church. just go and hang out, help out homeless and do nice things, volunteer. usually someone will have some beers in the truck after, usually stand around and slam a few, bullshit, maybe even smoke a joint. only fags hate on church.
>>
>>726440432
the bible and anime are the same story, prove me wrong

protip: you cannot, because the bible says so
>>
>>726441378
he is not talking about the bible but the people(comunity)
>>
Don't you feel like a moron when you pretend to feel the holy spirit?
>>
>>726440432
Don't be a moron, church is exactly like any other common interest group except the common interest is being willfully ignorant.
>>
>>726441933
>>starting feeling comfortable
read his post

>starting going to the church events because i want to be more social and the food is good
>tfw actually qt christian girlfriend and happy, and still going to church

hes feeling happier and his life has changed completely.

is that not enough of a holy spirit for you?

"Don't you feel like a moron when you pretend to feel the holy spirit?"

Have you ever wondered why this is your first natural comment? so cynical and mean spirited, why? for what reason?
>>
>>726438085
>be me out of high school
>clean lifestyle, no drugs, no raves
>start doing drugs, going to concerts and raves
>have friends
>start DJing
>start making music
>regularly get DMs from hoes on instagram, get my dick sucked whenever

Also, you needed something to bond with people over, because you are a boring person with no interesting hobbys
>>
>>726442122
Well, they aren't fully ignorant. They can be pretty conversant with the Bible. Like some autistic kid who can know all unnecessary details about his favorite TV show.
>>
>>726438085
>>
>>726442278
I dunno man, I only ask because I've been in the same position and it came down to a point where I either had to fake/lie or be "exposed." My experiences are not normal though, I live in the heart of the Bible belt.
>>
>>726441933
>pretend to feel the holy spirit
lol no, i'am never going to do that because im not a moron, even all the time going to the church i just see a little people do that and feels little uncomfortable anyway
>>
>>726442278
And just so you know, all the things you just described are effects of a healthy social life...
>>
>>726443041
So you're saying you went to church and now believe? Does your GF know you're an atheist and just not care or do you lie to her? I'm really curious because as stated I did the exact same thing and it ended up crashing down when I didn't want to force it upon our daughter.
>>
>>726442946
Well we all know you wouldn't leave and go somewhere else because that would make you feel uncomfortable so you can just sit there and end up not being happy

Religion isn't the answer, finding yourself is the answer and judging by your post instead of doing anything about feeling unsatisfied in life you aren't going to do shit, you will just depend on others to make you happy. You are just like 75% of people who can't help themselves

Enjoy being lame bro, I hope you start realizing you need to plan for the long term goal and not "Im bored i need friends" short term satisfaction goal
>>
>>726442122
>implying being atheist automatically makes you know everything
>>
>>726442122
But unlike a common interest group, church focuses on confronting the deepest depths of your soul, bringing them to light among a supportive community, and working cohesively to bring healing to these areas of darkness
This isn't even to mention the spread of wisdom and insight that can come from meeting with open and honest individuals there
>>
>>726438085
>>726438659
I've been with my girlfriend for almost 6 months now, happy as ever. I'm an atheist and she's not Christian. Haven't told her yet, I know she doesn't really care. But I fear that her dad will hate me because he's a christfag and is a youth leader at the church she's making me go to. I go only to hang out with her, but it's not so bad, really.
>>
>>726438085
god is your own concept of it man, don't restrain yourself to believing that religion is strictly about worshiping a bearded dude
>>
>>726443433
And you're just like the 25% of people who kill religion for the 75% of the rest of us.
>>
>>726443362
she knows im not a religious person to begin even christfag friend they are convinced i can become a christfag some day and they know im only going to the church because they invites me, anyway is a too soon to think about sons
>>
>>726443974
I thought that's what you'd say. Same situation I was in. Hopefully your girl is more reasonable than mine was or hopefully you convert fully. I wish you the best /b/ro. Don't knock her up until you get that shit figured out, trust me...
>>
>>726443875
...what? How am I killing religion? I'm saying OP got friends because he hung out with religious people, when in reality he needs something real. He isn't religous, he's lying to a girl so she stays with him, thats super unhealthy

He should travel, move to a different environment, this whole religious friend thing is short term rewards and he is going to be miserable in the long term the longer he keeps this up
>>
>>726438085
>OP only makes friends because of religion
maybe if you went golfing you'd have friends from golfing. enjoy misery lol
>>
>ignorance is bliss
>burden of knowledge

Did you just think they were pretty proverbs?

If you don't have the strength of conviction, then go suck Christ dick. Otherwise society is a biological trait. You're not betraying anyone by enjoying benefits of interaction but not joining in with their religious shit.

If they're as accepting as they appear, then they'll not care. And if they do care, well it turns out it was all a facade to tempt faggots like you and not worth it.
>>
>>726444420
You're and your ilk kill religion for the people who want to believe in something(me) but don't want some asshole (you) judging them by things like one post...
>>
>>726439700
dubs never lie
>>
Good job, OP, you have been indoctrinated. Social interaction and qt and now you're not an atheist anymore. Your conviction was nothing but the fedora meme, after all. Or maybe you rationalize all this bullshit. Honestly, Christianfags are fucking eerie with their constant happy faces, "harmony" and what not. Grew up in that and never liked it, it was a mere facade and your case is no different. They want to win people to their group so they get their dosis of confirmation bias and ego boost, nothing more. I've seen it a lot of times, same old story.
>>
>>726443752
> unlike a common interest group, religion is about indoctrination and attracting the stupid, naive, and weak willed.
>>
>>726439700
I never understood this line of reasoning. "Stupid atheist, you know nothing of the universe... I on the other hand know of dude called Jesus who is master of universe. I'm so humble in my knowledge. I just don't masturbate and the ruler of the universe loves me forever"
>>
>>726445117
They do masturbate, there is just lots of guilt.
>>
>>726444881
Did you understand what you replied to? Because I read stop thinking and follow what people tell you. That doesn't sound very "Jesus" to me. Or maybe it's exactly "Jesus?"
>>
>>726438085

You can be religious and still an atheist. Just because you value the church's community doesn't mean you have faith in god. I do something similar, but I am still an atheist.
>>
>>726438085
I myself was one time a christian as a child.

Today i just worship something else not lucifer or any abrahamic gods or goddesses.

I dont say this as a religious person.

I say this as a non christian and ex christian.

I am happy that you are happy where you are now or what you doing is making you happy.

Also i dont have anything agains anything.

But i must say christian church is a very religious place and it works kinda like a therapy.

You know christian church most time is this place that gives you, tells you and/or drives in your head the opinion about what is good or bad also what is right or wrong.

Christian church is also a place of hope, love and friends who have same opinion.

Now if you dont have strong will you can start to believe the bullshit they tell you.

I dont believe that is good because.

Even if you stay in atheism but you start to believe their bullshit philosophy.

That still is not good because christian philosophy is so far from the right.

Also if you fall into deep misery like if somebody you know dies or your house burns down and in the same time the church is giving you hope, love and friends.

I believe even a very strong person can start begin believe into the bullshit church tells.

So maybe just stay in atheism.

Maybe go to a bar and meet people there or meet people in the internet.

When changed my religion and only had these christian friends.

Telling me that i am a evil fuck.

I did meet my new friends in a local bar after firts talking to them on the internet and getting to know that they live in my city.
>>
>>726438085
buddhism is better christ fag. the universe wasnt created by an infinite being
>>
>>726438085

>sour atheist

Why write it like that? Was it atheism that made you sour? Did it suck not being convinced there is an afterlife or some "bigger meaning" to life?
>>
>>726444849
OP's intentions were never for looking for something to believe in, he just wanted friends and religion gave him that. If he started doing drugs then he would have friends from that. Its better than being a druggy, but either way that ideal is weak as fuck. Finding yourself doesn't require approval and attention from other people, but I mean OP also seems like he doesn't have any drive to actually go find further meaning in life, he just takes what was handed to him and goes with it because he doesn't know how to have a long term goal in life
>>
Atheism is a necessary adolescent step in spiritual maturity - but make no mistake that it is adolescent, not mature. It is easier to become a Christian than to be born one, and as such, it is a necessary step to lose the prestructured 'faith' one is born into in order to gain an authentic and genuine faith, structured from one's own experience of the divine. You are on the right path, but do not be afraid to let go of your materialist ties. Losing your identity as an atheist does not remove your true identity. Continue to find community in those who are on the right spiritual path, and you will come to the next step on your own terms, in your own time. Good luck, OP, I have faith in you.

t. a Buddhist
>>
>>726445645
I think he was just a sour person who was also an atheist, being an atheist doesn't make you sour, its your personality.
>>
>>726445427
buddhism is now a meme for pretentious faggots, the only who really practice budhism are the monks
>>
>>726438085
>>726438659
>>726439091
>>726439243
>>726439368
>>726439700
>>726439712
>>726439896
>>726441010
>>726441378
>>726442495
>>726443362
>>726443974

All girls ive ever fucked are religious. Only ones that are open minded enough to fuck anyway and are only churchies because of family or friends as well.

Nd fuck fedora athiesm,cringey as fuck. Should direct your nihilistic ideals to something more optimist, like buddhism or advaitia, might cheer you up a lil and make you less of a cringy faglord

>4 years living by the teachings of the dharma and the gita . Not one night my dick isnt wet and have exciting things in life.
>>
>>726445331

> ...stay in atheism.

You say that like its some sort of lifestyle. Atheism just means you dont believe in a diety/god(s). Thats it. There is no ideology, there is no dogma or doctrine.
>>
>>726438085
It seems like you are trying to find a group to fit into, and you've been accepted into the religious group because they won't turn down anyone. you could probably spend your time more productively if you found a local cooking, mechanics, etc. group.
>>
>>726445427
Why do things exist? XYZ, time, subatomic particles with a specific laws associated etc... why not empty dimensionless null space, a void. Why take for granted this is the default state? Lets ignore life for the moment which we should agree is an impossibility. Just the xyzt space and the matter in it.
>>
File: 1489566373332.jpg (191KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1489566373332.jpg
191KB, 440x440px
>>726445949
>there is no ideology
>>
>>726445888
I see monks as trippers who delve too far into this shit. Screw giving up all pleasure in life. Much better to cherry pick teachings as you can learn a lot.
>>
Mate there's no shame in enjoying social structures and belonging to a group. I'm an Atheist but I help with local church groups running of kids events in the summer, my mum goes to church for the group aspect basically.
>>
>>726446006
why are humans the most important thing in the universe? thats just stupid. look at all that space and tell me that even if there is a god, why does he give two shits about a carbon based life form that can use tools and has 50% same DNA as a Banana
>>
>>726446069

IMO Monks haven't given up pleasure, they're striving to get their happiness from internal processes via meditation rather than external goods/services.
>>
>>726438085
>autist finally talks to someone
>its a christfag
>so desperate for attention he sits through basic cult conditioning
>finally "makes" a "friend"
RELIGION SOLVES EVERYTHING!
>>
>>726445949
I know. Just so long a person is not a christian i am happy. In my opinion christianity takes persons soul, mind, aura and everything else into complete wrong direction
>>
>>726445907
keep enjoying your materialistic lifestyle lol, you are so much better than everyone
>>
>>726445949
>atheism is not an ideologically
It absolutely is. Modern atheism, hedonistic nihilism, cultural marxim... It is all the same poisoned ideologically vacuous world view.
>>
>>726438085
I mean im athiest but i dont acknowledge it in the sense that im sad because of it i just live a normal life
>>
>>726446384
I'm not religous, I reject that term

I believe in what we know, and ponder about things we don't know. I will never claim to know how the universe, I just know my place and accept that I have a dumb monkey brain that doesn't understand. If you ask me what my religion is, I would say none. And I think thats what a lot of people are trying to say by saying they are atheist
>>
>>726446245
True is the aspect but not true in practise. Ive met monks. They forbid themselves from anything until they obtain pleasure from within. This is one aspect that i have a hard time following. Id rather distance myself from the material world in time , essenctially getting bored with things, and find more pleasure within in the meantime through meditation. Basically slowly moving away as apposed to flat out distancing, which is delusional
>>
>>726446384
I dont see how cultural marxism compares to your other examples. It isnt a religion.
>>
>>726446218
You ignored every question i posed, be honest and think this through.
>>
>>726446006
People need to embrace chaos instead of justifying it
>>
>>726446344
"I hate you Dad!"
>>
>>726446384
And if you simply lack an ideology, simply going via your own internal moral compass and living life day to day based on your needs and desires?

MUST BE A COMMUNIST!

Piss off /pol/fag

You're as indoctrinated as the retarded Abrahamic Jew lovers.
>>
>>726446218
This. Religion is a product of the human mind. Every aspect shows this.
>>
>>726445907
how do you pick up church girls?

I dont think i ever could because I'm too edgy/intense/different and I can tell they're turned off/scared by that right away
>>
>>726446794
Lol to be a conservative capatilist you must be religious apparently.

How to upset /pol/tards . "There must be a seperation of church and state"

Or even better

"Jews are an overrepresented minority"
>>
I've got a real problem with people like you, but I dont want to go into why
>>
The human being is a social animal, that needs to feel part of a group where be accepted, it has nothing to do with religion by itself.

Good for you anon
>>
>>726446384

...did you not read what I wrote? You even quoted it.
I said "atheism". NOT modern/new atheism, hedonistic nihilism or cultural marxim. Because then you're naming a group that actually has a set of ideas, goals and/or political agenda.

Atheism is just a word do describe the lack of belief in a diety/god(s).
>>
>>726446697
I see what you are saying, I believe there is a balance to life, and I see it as more or a math equation, rather than a "being". Who even knows how time actually exists, we are dumb monkeys with no actual understanding of how it works. 10,000 years is no time at all, places with more gravity pass time much faster, there is absolutely no way for us to fully learn how the universe works by ourselves.

Its understandable why we would think that there must be something pulling the strings. But in my mind assuming things have to exist, there would be natural rules and building blocks that create more complex things that led to us and other things
>>
>>726446644
>what is an ideology
Its something that defines how you view the world.
>>726446517
>i reject that im an atheist
You jews are sad and predictable. You are not some how smarter because you've rejected God, you are no thinker if youve rejected God.
>>
>>726447221
>implying I rejected god
I reject how every single person on this planet is a monkey brain that tries to explain things they don't know. I'm not trying to be better than people, I just keep an open mind and don't lie to myself
>>
>>726446780
My both parents have always been atheists.
>>
>>726446984
Go to a new age christain church first (anglican or Catholics are usually too into their abstinence), take a wingman etc.They usually shy so you got to learn that they are as nervous as you are. Just got to be the bigger man and make the first move. What have you to lose?.always just start out with friendly small talk and stay friendly . Really they go for the same romantic shit as other girls so easy to date . As soon as they are comfortable they are absolute freaks lol
>>
>>726447221
But cultural marxism isnt an ideaology. Noones goes "hey guys im a cultural marxist!"

Its more of a social phenomenom from the left
>>
>>726447080
why? because i decided to hangout with religious people?
>>
File: shantideva-2.jpg (477KB, 1072x1290px) Image search: [Google]
shantideva-2.jpg
477KB, 1072x1290px
>>726446245
Buddhist monks seeks awakening, a state of personal insight toward a life with no suffering, ultimately purifying his mind of desire, aversion and ignorance. Once they have achieved Buddhahood, they remove themselves from the material world, or stay in the material world as a Bodhisattva and help others begin their path to awakening.
>>
>>726446794
>meeting basic daily needs while being hedonistic on the internet
You are a hedonistic nihilist atheist, its poison.
>>726447157
Its so much more though just as youve proven by voicing your far left commie viewpoint you marxist you. You've defined your whole pathetic and depressing life around it. So im guessing you'll be a tranny or commit suicide in a year. Most atheist kikes do.
>>
>>726447528
You just jelly he has friends and gets laid while you sit at home every night fapping to loli and posting regurgitations of thunderfoot's dribble
>>
>>726447670
*would reply but im on a higher level than u*
>>
>>726445907
t. one who enjoys a simple world, compliments of perception through stereotypes
>>
>>726447080
You just jelly he has friends and gets laid while you sit at home every night fapping to loli and posting regurgitations of thunderfoot's dribble5
>>
>>726447750
Fuck wrng thread
>>
>>726447670

Why Thunderf00t? He hasn't made a video against religion in years.
>>
OP thinks he's the first atheist to ever fuck a religious chick, smh
>>
>>726447897
Goes to show i haven't watched him in years
>>
File: ywWQ3Uv.jpg (84KB, 720x526px) Image search: [Google]
ywWQ3Uv.jpg
84KB, 720x526px
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
>>
>>726447646

Fuck /pol/lacks must be deeply unhappy all the time to project so hard
>>
>>726447943

These days he seams to want his channel destroyed by posting against his own fanbase. Like Brexit, Trump and Lauren Southern.
>>
>>726438085
>>starting going to the church events because i want to be more social and the food is good
>>tfw actually qt christian girlfriend and happy, and still going to church

Wow, that sounds nice OP. Good for you.
I've always been religious, but never had any sort of cool church community stuff to do. I go to a church sometimes (Episcopalian) and they all seem very nice, but they're also old and it's just a service.
>>
>>726447521
>cultural marxism
It s grab bag of lots of nasty things that destroy white peoples lives. You may not identify as that, but its how the sane describe your specific flavor of mental illness.
>>726447384
>i keep an open mind as if it were a virtue to be valued
You foolish boy. Do yourself a huge fucking favor and go ask your Dad how the world works or you'll hit every fucking avoidable pitfall in life. Traditionalism makes sense in that if you had to think and decide on literally everything youd never make up your mind.
>>
>>726447936
you missed the point retard
>>
File: 5.png (415KB, 514x474px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
415KB, 514x474px
>>726447646

Really? After writing stuff like that; you call someone else pathetic and depressing?

Real doe, does it help being an ass on the internet? Do you feel better?
>>
>>726448046

This.
>>
>>726447528
to put it simply, I don't like that in our world people need an excuse like religion to do good or even be nice to each other. You shouldn't have had to turn to christianity just to find some people to hang with, and I see a lot of people who do that.

It's like in this era, you only see people backed by religion doing something compassionate or good just for the sake of it. And that's not really doing it for the sake of it anyway is it
>>
>>726447388
>both parents are kike atheists
Youre fucked. You a tranny yet? Massive drug addiction?
>>
>>726438085
So.... you are still atheist, you just hang out with nice people now, instead of other depressed fags. Now you are happy.

You are proving that atheists don't have to be miserable I guess? You can be atheist and happy like you?
>>
>>726448046
I show a picture of militant atheist that only uses the computer. You have not hear of the church burnings in europe. Most of them was satanist and pagans. But some where atheist too.
>>
>>726438888
checked.
>>
File: skeletor2 mfw.jpg (13KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
skeletor2 mfw.jpg
13KB, 250x188px
>>726445117
>I on the other hand know of dude called Jesus who is master of universe.
>>
>>726448499
>satanists and pagans

lol so edgy teenage goth kids, almost certainly not people who've actually listened to guys like Hitchens or Sam Harris
>>
>>726448046
>George Bernard Shaw
This guy was a very, very bad man. Glad he's dead.
>>
>>726448257
Lol i know exactly what to do in life, and its nontraditional as fuck. I believe what has been proven by science, i don't see how i wouldnt make up my mind, I know how to make long term goals and its done me well.

And it seems I'm a lot more functional in this world than whatever got you here, your a dick.
>>
>>726438085
So basically what you were looking for is community. Sounds to me like you don't have the actual capacity to make it as an atheist without getting caught in nihilism. No shame in that. Most people get caught in it. You should go ahead and make the whole cloth conversion. Lots of people who want to be the "logical" atheist are just idiots who are caught up in the stream of culture but aren't prepared to deal with the sacrifices and procedures they need to do to be productive and happy without the constraints and traditions of religion.

Are you stupid for it. No. More like weak but let the people who are prepared beat down the path a bit more until you can walk it more easily.
>>
>>726448276
>being an ass
like every poster here? You seem like a patient guy, prob a sodomite but w/e though, is the nice guy approach better?
>>
>>726448593
Yes true but it still does not change the fact. That it did happen.
>>
>>726448257
>cultural marxism
It s grab bag of lots of nasty things that destroy white peoples lives. You may not identify as that, but its how the sane describe your specific flavor of mental illness.

I know what it is. Im just saying how does it relate to athiesm retard.

>nihilst conservative here
>>
>>726448365

Drugs were so much better when I was a Christian. God never said anything against Mephedrone in the Bible so he was probably okay with it. Didn't have to fear death because God would decide if I die not the drugs and if I died then I'd be doing all the drugs at Disney Land Heaven. Drugs never had the same impact after going atheist
>>
>>726448324
>You shouldn't have had to turn to christianity
i dont, i just hang out with them, even i help in the charity events, feels good to help to the others
>>
>>726438085
i would do completely the same thing if i where in ur position. don't know what should be wrong with ur way.
>>
>>726448289
It does avoid the point, there are so many benefits to not denying God besides happiness, truth, family, salvation etc.
>>
>>726448738
so shitty kids who destroyed some property and didn't hurt anyone versus genuine fanatics who kill people and deny peoples' rights. great comparison, anon
>>
>>726447646
>Its so much more though just as youve proven by voicing your far left commie viewpoint you marxist you.
Nazis and communists are pretty much the same. Like watching Shias and Sunnis argue about Islam.
>>
>>726448679
idk or care what he did in life. the quote stands on its own
>>
>>726448777
Lol, makes sense. I mean it sounds like you were delusional, but it made you happier. We really need to redo the educational system, science and philosophy can teach you to be happy without needing religion. Some people need guidance and being delusional isnt the only answer
>>
>>726438085
There is nothing wrong with atheists hanging out with Christians. You do not have to convert the Christians! You can just hang out, as people.
This should not be a revolutionary idea.
>>
>>726448324
>ishouldnt have to turn to Christianity to find nice people
But anon you are surrounded by super smart and fun atheists to be MISERABLE with.
>>
>>726448866
lol no. People who honestly believe crazy bullshit can be exponentially happier than intellectually sober people. Cultists are always grinning cunts. How happy a belief makes someone doesn't in any way validate those beliefs.
>>
>>726447401
eh, I've always had trouble transitioning from romantic shit to freaky shit. Feels so disingenuous. For me it's either one or the other.

Do you show up at these church events randomly? How do you prevent people from saying "who are you why are you here?"
>>
>>726448866
Society offers guidence to people who want to find happiness through religion, because its done that for thousands of years. A lot of people can be happy without religion, but some people could use help from a group of people or from school teaching people that the universe is a scary place but everything is ok and the point of life isn't to get seduced into short term rewards but to build a solid life with goals and amibitions
>>
>>726445907
>dude I'm a mother fucking buddhist
>you fucking faggot
nett
>>
>>726448913
It may stand on it's own. If GBS said 2+2=4, I would say he is right. But maybe you should know and/or care about somebody before you start quoting them everywhere.
You are already on the internet. Not like you have to go the library to find out who GBS and what he believed.
>>
>>726449051
and you get caught and bail

its funny because theres billions of people on this planet and you care what 3 of them would say
>>
No way I could live like that.

Christian girls are just the best though.
>>
>>726449185
probably because they have fathers who taught them discipline
>>
>>726449130
It's irrelevant. I can point to plenty of great quotes from really shitty people. Bad people can and do sometimes have good insights.
>>
>>726448976
Tell them youre atheist.
>>
>>726449270
I think if he doesn't believe that he is either a troll or not worth anyone's time
>>
>>726448976
this, being atheist doesnt mean that religious people are your enemies like those stupids "militants" atheists thinks
>>
>>726449250

Nah. Just the tight pussys.
>>
>>726445782
Can't find friends, instead begging for the attention of some superficial nerdy self-righteous happy go lucky retards in a Christian club. You probably can't even stand them and you're only there for the puss (which is a noble goal, nevertheless.
You fell for the meme, anon
>>
>>726449370
Yeahh thats going to lead a for-filling life

People aren't depressed because they are atheist, they have no direction in life and don't have goals
>>
religion is like playing video games
making you escape the shiity reality and thinking HI MAN AM GOING TO HEAVEN TO GET SUM PUSSSSI AND WINE.
>>
>>726446874

>THIS IS THE MOST TRUE POST IN THIS THREAD.
Religion doesn't go further than man.

Read this again and let it sink into your shallow viscous minds.
>>
>>726449084
>>726449026
It avoids the point, "you'll be happier" is not a reason to worship.
>i can be happy without religion
You'll be the first
>>726449185

>>726449051
>>726447401
>t. hedonistic nihilists
>>
>>726449523
...and in OP's case clearly no self-respect
>>
religeous girls are good as fuck...try find a muslim girl, if the ''catholic girls are sluts'' meme is true the same is true for muslim girls tenfold...dirty bitches
>>
>>726449568
>im 15 and this is deep
>>
>>726448728

If you want people to respond positively to your opinion/message, it do tend to help if you talk like a decent person.
>>
It's called being social, its why half you betafags are here
>>
File: 1470960830357.jpg (61KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
1470960830357.jpg
61KB, 500x329px
>>726449601
>"you'll be happier" is not a reason to worship

Literally the only point pushed by religitards in this thread against atheists is that "atheists are all miserable jerks!"

>You'll be the first

You honestly believe there are no happy atheists in the world?

Even assuming you were right - which you're not - how would that validate your beliefs?
>>
>>726449820
They will fail at life. Rejecting God was mistake #1.
>>
>>726449688
They may look like penguins but there's only one thing on their mind... one thing.
No wonder they get pregnant like out of thin air.
There was a story in the news about two refugee sistes: first year in thr refugee camp they already were pregnant twice
All that holding back and frustration has really turn them into fuck machines.
>>
>>726449908
what do you need god for?
>>
>>726449908
accepting god didn't give you the ability to make a point did it?
>>
>>726448269
>tard
no YOU misssed the point, OP.

The only thing new in your life is you actually going out and meeting people. It has fuckall to do with religion. You were just too lazy and inexperienced to find it elsewhere other than a church. What you're doing through isn't some revolutionary eye-opening experience. It's called living a life. Welcome. Now try moving through it without tripping over your fedora.
>>
>>726449835
There many other points and argument lines in this thread that are ignored for whatever reason, probably because they dont trigger the fedora like that? The only reason to worship is belief and faith, all other reasons are just the natural side effects of being a good descent likable person with Gods grace.
>happy atheists
example.jpg
>>
>>726450012
He plays with my penis when I sleep if I don't masturbate like he says not to.
>>
>>726450175
its funny because the church preys on people like OP, who will cling onto anything and are desperate for connection
>>
>>726450335
Eventually they believe the lie.
>>
>>726449908
>Fail at life
>Only doing it to feel better i.e. not fail in life
That's not very Christian is it?
>>
>>726450380
"Depends how you interpret it"

-Every religion ever
>>
>>726450335
Good goyim. The Christian churches your forefathers founded are the enemy. Be a proud kike like all fedoras.
>>
>>726438085
OP, being part of a community that supports each other is a wonderful thing. I'm not really religious but I dated a religious girl for a while. Attending church services was a little boring but the community was fucking amazing. I loved the pot lucks after service and just how chill and friendly people were. I even once helped a guy at church move some stuff for his disabled son and we had beers afterwards and just talked about work, life, and my gf and his wife. They were a laid back church and as I said I was always bored during service but fuck, being part of a really open and friendly community was amazing. I miss those days and even thought about maybe going to church by myself but all the ones around here are catholic churches and no thanks to that.
>>
File: iXRpqeS.jpg (62KB, 677x385px) Image search: [Google]
iXRpqeS.jpg
62KB, 677x385px
>>726450229
>There many other points and argument lines in this thread that are ignored for whatever reason

Give me one example.

>The only reason to worship is belief and faith
>the only reason to believe is belief
>what is circular reasoning

"Faith" is the excuse people give when they have no good reason for their beliefs.

>example.jpg

Ricky Gervais? Sam Harris? What are your standards for happiness? How would someone go about proving their happiness to you?
>>
>>726450522
You probably think the 2nd amendment is a good thing
>>
>>726450380
>>726450492
See >>726450229 for the only valid reasons.
>>
Dude, join a volunteer group that helps the homeless or something. Living a lie is never good.
>>
File: 00019.jpg (53KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
00019.jpg
53KB, 650x431px
As I always say, there are no real Atheists, only believers being rebelious like kids. So you were never an Atheists, but now you have finally accepted our Lord and saviour into your heart you are instantly healed by his holy light.
>>
>>726450597
>gun rights
>bad
Edgey yooropoor nogun is mad at the entire free world and the religion that made it possible.
>>
>>OP
I fucking hate you.
but only because i know everything you just said, is true.
fucking atheist christfag.
>>
>>726450759
>Christianity made gun rights possible

kek, nigger wut?
>>
>>726450759
u dumb nigger u triggered lol
>>
>>726450771
Nothing wrong with what OP is doing really. I think he should consider an alternative though for the sake of his own mental health.
>>
>>726450705
>telling Atheists what they believe

Attacking straw men is pretty pathetic, anon.
>>
>>726445907
what do tits feel like
>>
>>726450595
The reasons to believe are your own and can be numerous like mine, its not circular. I could tell you mine, but i really dont care about your wretched soul that even you assign no value to. Again, i tried other arguments and was ignored.
>>
>>726450705
Amen brother. These kids just gottalearn the hard way, sadly the kikes got them and their minds are rotted.
>>
File: pj4nQ3w.jpg (85KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
pj4nQ3w.jpg
85KB, 500x342px
>>726451171
How do you value what doesn't exist?

What's the matter, too afraid of criticism to elaborate on your reasons for believing in that bullshit?

Shamefur dispray prease.
>>
>>726450841
>>726450856
noguns lol
>>
>>726450705
The epitome of Delusion
>>
>>726451386
I'm an American, ass burger. Also have a gun lol
>>
>>726438085
Happy for you and praying for you OP : )
>>
>>726451386
i have a bigger gun than you, just ask your sister
>>
>>726451382
Your pic, God is all the things on every line.
>i have no soul and i'm worthless
I partly agree with you.
>please elaborate so i can abandon debate and just ad hominem
I doubt youre out of middle school,but if you care to discuss share your reasons for being a nihilist.
>>
File: 00020.jpg (76KB, 650x506px) Image search: [Google]
00020.jpg
76KB, 650x506px
>>726450939
I understand Atheists well, they have no morals and no reason to live, this is why most Atheists are pedophiles and degenerates. They all attack God, even tho they have no evidence he doesn't exist and base their beliefs on faith like other fake religions. They all think they are so clever, but in reality they are just sad. They can't even define their religion of Atheism.
>>
I'm a happy, well educated, happy atheist. In my opinion it's a waste of energy to worry about things that are never proven to be true. Sure, I am curious AF in how life and materials arised, but I don't see the point of making something up and protect it with your life *cough* religions *cough*.

Heck, I even don't see the point of my life. It's all so irrelevant if you know how fucking big the universe is. Yet I enjoy my life big time. Does that make any sense?
>>
>>726438085
haaaaaaaaa
>>
>>726438085
Can't you just join an Archery club, or learn CPR, or help clean the river, or join Habitat for Humanity, or the SPCA, or join the Dart League, or learn to play pool, or learn to cook, or volunteer at the library....
>>
>>726445782
You're right my man
>>
>>726451713
>God is all the things on every line
>not understanding the argument at all

>i have no soul and i'm worthless
I don't think I have a soul, but I have plenty of worth to myself and those who love me. How diseased your mind must be to think things only have value if they were created by a magical sky-wizard.

>I doubt youre out of middle school,but if you care to discuss share your reasons for being a nihilist.

A nihilist? I love when religitards like you tell Atheists what they believe. Not believing in some ultimate, divine purpose for life doesn't mean life is meaningless. Again, my life's value and meaning is given by myself and those who care about me.

What would be the value of life if it were never-ending? The answer is, it wouldn't have any; it would be a redundancy. It's the ephemeral nature of life that makes it precious.

Maybe spend some time thinking about this kind of shit honestly for once in your life and not just angrily parroting the horse shit your preacher tells you.
>>
File: 1475048593441.jpg (203KB, 1000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1475048593441.jpg
203KB, 1000x963px
>>726451915
You can troll better than that, anon. You disappoint Lord Kek.
>>
>>726451945
>happy happy happy

I sound like a rainbow faggit
>>
>>726451915
>atheists have no morals
They steal Christian morals and pretend they have them. If you ask from whence they are derived, the atheist will claim these morals are self evident... The very same argument they reject of God being self evident.
>>
>>726451915
nice bait
>>
>>726444420
Nah, I think the guy knows what would make his life better no matter the religion.
>>
>>726441010
>that gif
I see what you did there
>>
>>726452306
>Christian morals
>actually thinking religions give people morals and not the other way around

We get our morals from empathy and an honest consideration of the conscious well-being of others. If you want to rape and kill people, you lack empathy, not religion, dumbass.

Go ahead and give me one moral precept original to Christianity, or any religion for that matter.
>>
>live a happy life
>die
>the universe doesn't care
>implying heaven is real
>all that happiness vanishes in an instant
It doesn't matter how you live your life OP. Everything you've worked hard for will just be undone when you bite the dust. Maybe you will leave something behind for future generations. Who fucking cares? Not the universe. That fucker has been around for 14 billion years. We will exist for a tiny fraction of that time before being swallowed by oblivion.

No matter what you do, no matter how successful you think you are at life, it will all be lost forever eventually.
>>
>>726452552
what if i rape people and think they like it
>>
>>726452167
All worth without a God, is admittedly just something you made up.

Tell me how much value the subjective imaginings of a consciousness that is just an illusion of the material world can hold. As in the secular ideology true life doesn't exist (materialism)

The value of a never ending life from a religious paradigms comes from divine purpose. From the existence of a God. The ephemeral argument comes from the bleak Godless atheists who are still trying to put a sad sugar coated spin on their world.

The only way life can have objective worth and be anything beyond meaningless random nothingness is with a God.

Keep trying to tell yourself there's any meaning to the meaning you have to literally make up.
>>
>>726452552
You sir, are fucking right.
>>
>>726438085

Churches are community based, you can be an atheist not go to church and still be an active part of your community. Why you were a depressed alone faggot in the first place we have no idea. Try getting involved with where you live. Religion is nothing more than people trying to feel ok with eventually dying. Be happy and live, what more is there before your atoms disperse?
>>
>>726452713
Then you're insane and lack the capacity for honest reciprocity.

Which brings up a great point against theism. Only under a naturalistic model would you have some small percentage of people born with malfunctioning brains, literally unable to feel empathy - the main factor in making moral decisions. A benevolent god wouldn't create people unable to act with good intention.
>>
>>726452306
You know the origins of ethics and morals are about 1000 BC, right? And I'm sure there are lost civilizations that were completely in agreement with these philosophies thousands of years before that.
>>
>>726452937
Incorrect. Your ignorant of the most fundamental aspects of the Christian paradigm. We live in a heavily flawed world that we've turned over to Satan.
>>
>>726452167
>not understanding the argument
I had a poster of it at one point. Your logic error is placing limits on God.
>i have no soul
>i have self worth
This is contradictory.
> my lifes meaning is given by myself
>im a special snowflake
This is hedonism. Are you trying to be contradictory?
>>
File: c8RQoYH.jpg (22KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
c8RQoYH.jpg
22KB, 500x349px
>>726452735
>All worth without a God, is admittedly just something you made up.

Yup. Only conscious creatures can give worth to anything, my retarded friend. What does a rock value?

>Tell me how much value the subjective imaginings of a consciousness that is just an illusion of the material world can hold.

1: read what I just said. 2: that consciousness in an emergent phenomenon founded on material structure and processes doesn't make it an "illusion"

>The value of a never ending life from a religious paradigms comes from divine purpose. From the existence of a God.

Nonsense. You're dodging the question.

>The only way life can have objective worth and be anything beyond meaningless random nothingness is with a God.

Again, nonsense. You're not even addressing what I said on the topic, you're just asserting your horse shit I already shut down. You gotta gimme somethin better dude.

>Keep trying to tell yourself there's any meaning to the meaning you have to literally make up.

Again, read what I said above; and in the mean time, keep trying to tell yourself there's any good reason to believe the untenable horse shit that makes up your religion.
>>
>>726452552
False. A paradigm including a God is the only context that objective inherent morality can exist. Otherwise you have no logical claim to objective morality.

So religion does give people Morales.
>>
>>726453053
>you're wrong (no elaboration on why)!
>The Great Evil has corrupted us!

Mmk buddy. Fantastic argument you've got there
>>
>>726438085
atheist are retarded, just do it like me , don't care about believing in it just live life
>>
Same as any non-religious community group.
It's a group of people getting together for whatever-the-fuck and work together to have a good time.

As long as those people don't start wars with other groups they're fine.
>>
>>726453144
>Your logic error is placing limits on God

Nope, your logic error is putting god above logic.

>This is contradictory.

Nope, it isn't. I already elaborated on why. You haven't done the same for your argument.

>This is hedonism. Are you trying to be contradictory?

Do you even know what hedonism means, anon? Go and look that up for me before you type that word out again.

Tell me what's "hedonistic" about admitting that my value is given by myself?
>>
>>726452829
>hedonism
>fullfilling
>>
>>726452937
you're not supposed to wait for girls to "reciprocate". If you do they're turned off and they'll leave and most likely go find some other guy to get their fix. 99% of girls don't take action, you're supposed to take action, and take what you want.
>>
>>726453161
In your paradigm (materialism) there's no difference between you and the rock. The context you materialists use life and consciousness in renders it a homynem.

Not nonsense. It's the hyper literal answer. If your going to call it nonsense provide a structured argument for why it qualifies as nonsense. I'm afraid your opinion doesn't hold authoritative weight here.

Your going to have to do more than dismissively call opposing points horse shit.

Provide an argument.
>>
File: calling_bullshit.gif (183KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
calling_bullshit.gif
183KB, 214x200px
>>726445907
>>
>>726453017
Are you saying God began then? That whites are the only one to discover monotheism ?
>>
>>726453219
Atheism is a lack of beleive. You stupid fuckwit
>>
>>726450705
Atheist, born and raised.
Ever since earliest childhood it felt strange how grownups would start sounding dumb and weird when they began talking anout their imaginary friends in the sky.
Still does.
I'm spiritually amputated. Never felt it never cared.
Still have huge respect for the church as an institution and for its historical importance
>>
>>726453335
Yes. God would naturally be above logic. As he is above the entirety of you, let alone a system of thought we've created lol.
>>
>>726452735
>All worth without a God, is admittedly just something you made up.
>Tell me how much value the subjective imaginings of a consciousness that is just an illusion of the material world can hold. As in the secular ideology true life doesn't exist (materialism)
You realize that you're arguing that your made up shit is better than someone elses made up shit? The difference is your made up shit is agreed upon by other people, and that makes you feel vindicated through a sense of tribalism. But you don't really know its true, so the tribalism is reinforced by fear of the unknown and rudimentary brainwashing. Atheists just admit they don't know, and therefore don't rely on nonsense to make them feel better about fatalism we all face.
>>
>>726453484
That's called autism.
>>
>>726453170
>you have no logical claim to objective morality

I'm not making a claim to objective morality. I'm making a claim to inter-subjective morality. Either we all have a say in what the most moral decision is in a circumstance affecting us, or no one does.

>So religion does give people Morales.

False. A paradigm asserting moral truths can only be known through divine revelation "Divine Command Theory" utterly fails in giving true moral guidance. How do you know that, say, the Biblical commandment not to kill is true? If God sanctions slavery, as you believe he does in Exodus 21, is that morally good because God says so?
>>
File: 1481070703663s.jpg (4KB, 250x100px) Image search: [Google]
1481070703663s.jpg
4KB, 250x100px
>>726453521
>>
>>726453554
False, I'm addressing the philosophical paradigms that precede each ideology. What they each allow for and what they do not.

The Christian paradigm incorporates the idea of a very basic form of inherent knowledge. So we do know what is true.
>>
>>726453619
Provide your argument.
>>
>>726453561
No, that's called being a normal and not growing up in a country where religion matters so much (e.g.: USA, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia...)
>>
>>726453410
>In your paradigm (materialism) there's no difference between you and the rock

False. The rock isn't conscious.

> If your going to call it nonsense provide a structured argument for why it qualifies as nonsense.
>implying you gave a structured argument in support of that nonsense

You believe you only have purpose because an ultimate totalitarian being gives you one. This is the epitome of subjugation and masochism. If someone picked out our college majors, or told us what job we were going to have, and we had no choice in the matter, you'd be upset, and rightfully so. And yet, when I tell you no one but you gives you the purpose for your ENTIRE LIFE, you also get upset again...

Not only is there no good reason to believe in your god, there's good reason to be happy about it.

>Provide an argument.

I have, and continue to do so. You haven't.
>>
File: 1487903799717.jpg (26KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
1487903799717.jpg
26KB, 300x419px
>>726453716
Good meme
>>
>>726453335
>putting God above logic
The two are not comparable, and are you declaring faith in your fallible and shakey logic?
>hur nuh uh
You already proclaimed you are a hedonist without a soul who seeks shallow existence based on faith in fedora logic and whatever materialistic goal you wander towards without a compass, that's worthless.
>>
>>726453521
>I've never once thought about logic

"God is proposed as the essential author of logic. But for this to be true, God must be sufficient for his own existence without logic. But logic (identity, non-contradiction, and excluded middle) is essential in the existence of anything. For example, the notion of an existent thing that has no identity is impossible. Therefore, for God to exist, logic must exist. Not the other way around."

Thanks for playing.
>>
File: 1471314863492.jpg (30KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1471314863492.jpg
30KB, 514x536px
>>726453845
see >>726453857

>You already proclaimed you are a hedonist without a soul who seeks shallow existence based on faith in fedora logic
>>
>>726453611
We know biblical morality is true because morality is part of the inherent knowledge were born with. Which only makes sense in a paradigm that includes God.

If God were to morally say something is Good then yes. Criticizing God after you've supposed his existence is subjecting the source of objectivity to your subjective opinion.
>>
>>726453768
You need to consider the possibility that it's you whose not getting something, who's stunted.
>>
>>726438085
I'm glad you found happiness.
>>
File: trump_emperor_6.jpg (86KB, 790x516px) Image search: [Google]
trump_emperor_6.jpg
86KB, 790x516px
>>726438085
Be careful bro, I was a Roman Catholic at one point and was unsure of my faith (Agnostic Atheist now and couldn't be happier in that regard) and this group of born again Jesus freaks took me in and did everything you are saying and it took me a while to realise they were basically a cult without the whole killing yourself deal.

The things you like about the church are just normal social things that can be achieved by any other way, these Jesus freak know when people are weak, confused and searching for purpose and pounce on that. Thing that woke me up was when I found out they thought my faith at the time was a sin and I needed to get a baptism and then there was talk that after I would start becoming a paster, they would find me a wife and a bunch of other creepy things as a 16 year old freaks you out.

Last straw was when I found out half the church were rapist, pedos (they also ran a youth club that they allowed the pedos to manage despite them not allowed to be around kids), drunk drivers and to top it all off the leader was accused of murder and was sent to jail for 14 years.
So it seemed that it didn't matter what fucked up shit you could've done as long as you accepted teh lorde Jesus then you got a pass.

Found out years later that one of them raped my sister and a fair few other things had happened to some of my other friends.

Again be careful bro
>>
It never fails to amuse me how people blindly believe a stupid story made up to explain something we do not understand: The cycle of life

Please grow up
>>
File: 1375151917906.jpg (252KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1375151917906.jpg
252KB, 2048x1152px
>>726453937
>We know biblical morality is true because morality is part of the inherent knowledge were born with

lol how does the truth of biblical morality follow from an inherent sense of empathy? YOu honestly think you're just gonna get away with saying that horse shit without even trying to back it up?

> God were to morally say something is Good then yes.

Then by that logic, the only thing you might be able to say is wrong with Muslim suicide bombers is that they worship that wrong god, or at least the wrong interpretation of god. How do you go about determining whose god or whose interpretation of asserted divine revelation is the right one?

You're back at square one, my retarded friend.
>>
>>726453818
You really need to review the basic definitive implications of your ideology instead of arguing on the internet. Your no more conscious than the rock under materialistic suppositions.

False, your confusing the ideas of free will, with objective divine purpose. You also don't seem to understand the dynamics of the existence of God and how that existence affects the existence of truth.

You need to do some more reading.
>>
>>726453462
>Are you saying God began then? That whites are the only one to discover monotheism ?
No. L2R. What don't you understand about the vague suggestion of "lost civilizations"? Almost certainly not white, and most likely based in logic. Morality is a very basic concept, treat people as we wish to be treated. Nobody likes to be hurt. Thats the core. Gods are artificial concepts that punish people for being inhumane and were later used as propaganda to make people pay money - its a fucking racket, bro.
>>
File: 1484871369267.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1484871369267.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>726454183
>>
>>726453857
Your still trying to put limits on a limitless God. I don't know why almost every atheist struggles so hard with this concept.
>>
File: C43hKZmVUAAogDn.jpg (26KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
C43hKZmVUAAogDn.jpg
26KB, 480x476px
>>726438085
So what, OP, going to church is a **social event**, it doesn't make you Christian, it just means you hang out with people who happen to go to church, big fucking deal.

Us vs them is the kinda shit atheism isn't about. The atheist "bible" specifically states on the cover "Don't be an asshole". Not hard really, unless you are one.
>>
>>726454314
Either god can stop all of the evil in the world and doesn't meaning he isn't truly god or he can't stop it meaning once again he isn't truly god
>>
File: 1484786728946.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1484786728946.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>>726454314
>>
>>726438085
I'm happy for you Anon. Don't listen to the negativity of other people. they are just afraid they chose the wrong path. Misery loves company and most atheists I know are miserable too.
>>
>>726438085
Freedom of religion.

They believe what makes them happy, you believe or don't believe in what makes you happy. Just don't take anything to an extreme, and you'll generally find yourself in a better place.
>>
>>726454183
>Your no more conscious than the rock under materialistic suppositions.

You really need to review the implications of your nonsense arguments before throwing them around.

I know logically that I exist as a conscious entity. What about naturalism excludes consciousness?

>your confusing the ideas of free will, with objective divine purpose.

You can't even tell me the difference. Go ahead and elaborate an what "divine purpose" is, and tell me why I should believe in it over purpose given by myself with no celestial dictator supposedly having a pre-made use for me.

>You also don't seem to understand the dynamics of the existence of God and how that existence affects the existence of truth.

I'll bite, moron. Elaborate on that too. I've already told you how logic must precede a god. Refute that, and then tell me why your god is rational to believe in.

>You need to do some more reading.
>what is projecting
>>
>>726454160
What are you even asking? We were created by the same ultimate being that inspired the creation of the bible. Of course the morality instilled in both aligns.

Your basically asking, how do you know the difference between truth and lies?

Expose yourself to them. The truth will be apparent.
I've done it. Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism are in no way comparable to Christianity.
>>
>>726454314
Read that quote again, ass burger. Try your best to understand it this time.
>>
>>726453689
>So we do know what is true.
Really? So if you believe things the right way, you'll go to heaven, and because I don't believe what you believe, I won't go to the same place? I think we both go to the same place, which is sleep with no dreams. And there is a small chance that because energy cannot be destroyed, we might come back - or not. Maybe we'll come back as slugs. Who knows. Maybe its better than being people. It could be super-awesome god-like experience.
>>
>>726454430
See, there you go, subjecting objectivity to your subjective opinion. You can't judge an omnipotent being because you can't even know the totality of his mind or what he sees, or if your perspective on reality is even accurate. That's a ludicrous assertion.
>>
>>726454552
>We were created by the same ultimate being that inspired the creation of the bible.
>citations needed

>Of course the morality instilled in both aligns.

Again, dumb dumb, tell logically how the asserted truth of the Bible necessarily follows from a natural capacity for empathy.

>Your basically asking, how do you know the difference between truth and lies?

Yup.

>Expose yourself to them. The truth will be apparent.

lol yeah, that's about the kind of autistic dribble I expected
>>
>>726453857
Your logic error here is placing limits on God, again. You'll never learn making the same mistakes in perpetual repetition. You are also implying human logic is the building block of the universe, so you really do have a silly fedora faith in your own extremely fallible nature and skakey logic, this beyond pride, its a self absorbed narcissus syndrome. It seems unhealthy, or maybe you just copied the parts of your textbook you didt fully understand?
>>
>>726454677
>You can't think a god is impotent or evil because of kids with cancer cuz you can't see what he sees!

Vacuous nonsense atop a baseless assertion. Religion at its finest.
>>
>>726438085
Hey kiddo
>>
>>726454677
How do you know HE isn't god? Your argument can be applied to your comment. Just face it, you are no more evolved than your savage ancestors
>>
Agnosticism is the only rational belief.

You can personally believe there's a god or there is nothing, but claiming atheism is rational is dumb. You're trying to assign logic to something our dumb human brains can't even grasp.

We can't even really understand relatively simple stuff like infinity. How can we understand something infinitely more complex?
>>
>>726454430
>people die therefore God doesnt exist
Wut
>>
File: 4f8B5w5h.jpg (139KB, 1024x704px) Image search: [Google]
4f8B5w5h.jpg
139KB, 1024x704px
>>726454719
>Your logic error here is placing limits on God, again.

>logic

You're invoking logic in an attempt to assert that logic is preceded by another entity. Are you really incapable of realizing how retarded you are?

>You are also implying human logic is the building block of the universe

So now you're implying "shaky human logic" is insufficient to understand god... while trying to use logic to assert that logic is preceded by another entity...

You can't make this shit up, folks.
>>
>>726454773
Human morality is just that; human. Why would a God care about individual human troubles? That's like saying were expected to look after every ant, and we're evil if we do not.
>>
>>726454677
>You can't judge an omnipotent being because you can't even know the totality of his mind or what he sees, or if your perspective on reality is even accurate.
An omnipotent being wouldn't have a gender, asshole.
>>
>>726454862
You were tricked kid. Read the thread.
>>
>>726454880
>missing the point this hard

The fact that disease, natural disaster, and freak accidents cause the suffering and death of many people every day is proof of god's impotence against these things, or sadistic intent in creating them in the first place, which according to you, he also did even if he's now impotent against stopping them for whatever reason. This, of course, is all assuming he exists at all...
>>
>>726454880
If god can but does not stop the evils of the world he is not worthy of praise but if he wants to but can't then he is not god
>>
>>726454960
So is it a deistic god you're arguing for, or an interventionist and benevolent one? Very different.
>>
>>726454862
>2017
>still thinking atheism and agnosticism are mutually exclusive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_WKlttKRDw
>>
>>726455115
Deistic for sure. I can believe were not the highest conciseness in an infinitely vast universe, I can't see why such a being would care for something as insignificant as people.
>>
>>726455254
I was arguing against a benevolent and interventionist god only. A deistic god has to be looked at differently. Still no good reason for strong belief in such a thing, but easier to justify than the god of Abraham for sure.
>>
>>726438085
CHRISTIAN ON /B/ OKAY BUDDY...
MFW YOURE ACTUALLY SERIOUS
>>
File: lego wut.jpg (14KB, 211x193px) Image search: [Google]
lego wut.jpg
14KB, 211x193px
>>726445907
>you should become a buddhist
>it'll make you less of a cringy faglord
>>
>>726455322
>Still no good reason for strong belief in such a thing
see
>>726454862

I think that the belief that humanity isn't the pinnacle of consciousness in an infinite universe is just as rational as the belief we are. I also think it's dumb to assume the motives, appearance or origin of such a being as it would surely be too far from ourselves to understand. Just like trying to picture the universe being infinitely large, humans just don't have the hardware to understand things bigger than us.
>>
>be atheist edgelord
>did acid one night
>experienced god
>no longer atheist

only took me 1 night to convert.
have led a better life ever since.
>>
File: jordanpeterson-998x712.jpg (111KB, 998x712px) Image search: [Google]
jordanpeterson-998x712.jpg
111KB, 998x712px
>>726446384
I believe blindly blaming ideologies you don't agree with, and all ideologies in general are poisoning the world. Social marxism isn't caused by atheism, that's ridiculous if your implying it.
>>
>>726455661
Same thing happened to me. Not a very good argument for a God though, as the 'yeah but you were on drugs' is hard to ignore, even for myself.

I saw a female figure, first in the form of Mary or something and then with millions of arms and blue like an Eastern deity. Can't really explain what happened past that but I came too and it had been hours, plus I'd came. It was weird.
>>
>>726455567
>Agnosticism is the only rational belief.
see >>726455198

I'm an agnostic atheist. I lack belief in any god(s). I never said I believe we're the pinnacle of consciousness within reality, just that there's no good reason to believe in god(s). Big difference.
>>
>>726438085
>Atheists are miserable
>Atheists

Mate, it's not atheism that made you miserable, it's being a cynical piece of crap that does that to you, nothing to do with christianity or lack thereof.
Source: An atheist who frequents his hobbies with friends and is not a sad sack of shit.
>>
File: Untitled.png (381KB, 855x894px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
381KB, 855x894px
>>
>>726454922
>put my fedora logic above everything or youre retarded
Tell me of this supreme fedora logic you profess your faith in. Arent you ignoring everything hiting you eyeballs right now that shows 'our' existenceor accept it? your logic takes everything for granted from the existance of time and space to mass and energy... What logic dictates that to be the natural state of the world and not the formlessness void without life you know it to be. Your fedora faith assumes too much and you never question the natural state of things, perhaps youve just never studied the physical sciences.
>he used words and logic without first accepting absolute faith in the fedora LOL
I'm starting to think you lack reasoning skills, you taking bong rips or something?
>>
>>726455792
kekd.

i didnt see a figure.
i felt the presence and saw a glowing ball of light.

to me this ball of light was the truth and i realized i had been avoiding it for quite some time.

once i finally accepted this light it was the most freeing feeling id ever had. honestly felt reborn.
>>
File: Hitchens.jpg (247KB, 1127x914px) Image search: [Google]
Hitchens.jpg
247KB, 1127x914px
>>726455713
Fanaticism poisons everything. Religion just happens to foster that in higher quantity and quality than anything else.

Rational skepticism is the solution.
>>
>>726455661
People have taken psychedelics to experience god for centuries. Most of the retards in that book did. Experiencing god on a trip, and then blindly applying a religion to it is not enlightening.
>>
>>726455005
God is assumed to be the father figure, because strength wisdom and knowledge comes from the masculine.
>>
>>726455661
>edgelord
>acid
>only took me 1 night to convert.
>have led a better life ever since.

Sounds to me like you're just a weak-minded punky shit who would turn queer after five minutes in a rowboat with Lenny Kravitz
>>
>>726455858
Fair point! I think maybe at this point we're debating semantics. I'd argue any being higher than a human would be a God in the terms we've understood God's all through human history, so maybe that's where I was coming from.

I see it likely there is such a being, such a being would be impossible to distinguish from a God, ergo such a being is a God and by extension it is likely there is a God. From what I understand, you' say there's no knowing if such a being exists and so there's no point speculating on it. I see where you're coming from there and I agree, I guess our differences just come down to personal belief at that point.
>>
>>726445427
>>726445815
Buddhism is a cool guy, but most "Buddhist" are faggots. They think they have some special insight because they spent an hour staring at thier navel and humming.

They're not really any different from Christfags, except thier smug level is off the fucking charts.
>>
>>726455916
I've had experiences like that too actually.

Drugs are great. Thanks for sharing anon.
>>
>>726455907
>Arent you ignoring everything hiting you eyeballs right now that shows 'our' existenceor accept it?

Try not to just mindlessly type out your autistic stream of consciousness, buddy. What the flying fuck was any of this paragraph supposed to even mean? Are you arguing towards solipsism? Do you even know what that means?

And "fedora logic"? lol seriously?

>I'm starting to think you lack reasoning skills, you taking bong rips or something?

Again,
>what is projecting
>>
>>726456044
yeah maybe.
>>
>>726456019
>Experiencing god on a trip
this is all i said
>and then blindly applying a religion to it is not enlightening.

this is you making implications.
>>
>>726455061
Thats exactly what i thought you were saying, and now realize your a 19yo kid who has apot addiction.
>lifes hard, therefore no God
Brainlet
>>
>>726456132
yeah i hear its pretty common.
>>
>>726456082
I reject the assertion that whatever the "greatest" being which exists in reality is necessarily god. You have to be careful how you define such a thing. How do we know the limitations of such a being? How do we even define what a god is in the strictest sense?
>>
>>726456134
not the guy ur arguing with.
but it looks like a retard arguing with an arm chair philosopher.
>>
>>726438085
You are fucking scum. I could never sell my ideals for "happiness". Go fucking die.
>>
>>726438085
wew what an idiot
waaa waaa I need crowd to not feel lonely
>>
>>726455661
So anyone who says they turned religious after an event, and were a self proclaimed atheist beforehand is a fucking retard. It doesn't work that way. Either its a cult recruiting method, or that was a really bad batch.
>>
>>726456255
god, if such a thing existed, would not be quantifiable.
>>
>>726455064
The creator of the universe cant possibly exist because my life has difficulties somtimes and i think hes evil.

Holy shit you're aretard!
>>
>>726456182
lol no, ass burger. You're still somehow missing the point.

It's not
>life is hard, therefore there's no god

It's
>innocent children get cancer and die, so logically a benevolent and all-powerful god can't exist

Does this shit hurt your brain that much that you can't even follow a simple logical progression?
>>
>>726438085
FREE FOOD/CLEAN PUSSY WIN WIN!!
>>
>>726456043
>God is assumed to be the father figure, because strength wisdom and knowledge comes from the masculine.
Do you have any understanding of what "omnipotent" means? It means knows all, sees all. It is not patriarchal at all. It means EVERYTHING. You are viewing it through your lens, which is very narrow, and leads me to believe you're an adolescent male.
>>
>>726456298
what are you trying to say dude.
i dont really understand your point.
>>
>>726456265
All philosophy is armchair philosophy, anon.

I agree I'm sure as shit no Dan Dennett though.
>>
File: 1489747188732.jpg (174KB, 888x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489747188732.jpg
174KB, 888x900px
>>726438085
That pic could just as well say punishment for an atheist
>>
>>726456374
maybe it all started that way.
but theres a line between armchair phil and real phil.
>>
>>726456320
Is that part of how you define god? What does that even mean? That you can't put a finite gauge on its power? How could it be that a natural entity fit such a description? I don't think it could, so the "greatest possible" entity in our universe couldn't be a god. Gotta go elsewhere.
>>
>>726456489
what i mean to say is god is undefinable.
we assume its the greatest possible being.
>>
>>726439091
Yeah, insted of hearing about the adventures of naruto and jerk eachother off, you get to hear about the adventures of jesus and jerk off little boys
>>
>>726440227
^this
I dont believe in god, but the bible is a pretty good book
>>
>>726456729
yeah it actually is a pretty badass story.

yall should try reading it and just keep it in your mind that its a fantasy book. you will be entertained i promise. and maybe you could learn a thing or two
>>
>>726456336
>bad things happen, thus God doesnt exist
Now youre being absurd and abandoning all logic. How does God creating the world necessitate a party atmosphere? God is all things in your quote, but you'll gravitate to malevolent because you think the world revolves around you. This is your pride and narcissism.
>>
>>726455661
What an uneducated tool you are!

An acid trip lets you experience your chemical composition as a biochemical automaton first hand and lets you see how all your thoughts, dreams, aspirations and logic are simple side effect of the neverending bio-chemico-physiological reaction.
One simple compound wipes away all reason but isnt permanent so the next day you are able to ponder about how what makes ( YOU ) is just an illusion of your first person perspective.

TL DR:
Acid shows you you're just a chemical reaction
>>
>>726456347
I'm convinced there is no backpedaling once someone fully comprehends atheism. Or at least accept a religion all over again. Gotta try acid, but if I turn into a Christian I'm opting out.
>>
>>726456342
Listen cunt, nobody cares. Go back to tindr/Tumblr or post your tiddies. Men are discussing religion and philosophy and your presence is hindering discussion.
>>
>>726438085
I'm an atheist, my gf is an atheist. we're both not miserable because we have friends. why do we have friends? because atheist doesn't mean retarded fedora autist.
>>
>>726456838
Not the same anon, but you should be listening to George carlin instead of lecturing the fundamentals of logic.
>>
>>726456838
>bad things happen, thus God doesnt exist

Are you completely unable to have a rational discussion, anon? Stop misrepresenting the argument.

If suffering and death is brought upon innocent people, especially children, then a benevolent god with the power to stop it does not exist, or else he would stop it.

We're not talking about suffering brought on people by other people, we're talking about things exclusively within the domain of god, i.e. the natural world.
>>
>>726456937
>"I hate you Dad!"
>>
>>726456563
>god is undefinable

Sorry but this is nonsense. If you assert an entity you can't even define properties for, no one has good reason to listen to you.
>>
>>726456937
Psychedelics mess up your perception and make you hallucinate.
If you're a weak minded idiot who believes in gods and demons and that aliens are among us, there is high chance you'll take what you see literally.
(You'll see all those things, because you thought of them in the first place).
Nevertheless you should be careful, because acid can impair your judgement capacities in the long term and change you....
...but until then it's a very insightful way to know yourself and contemplate on that
>>
>>726457025
Youth. Lack of chances to fuck your life up. Your character has never been tested. Lifes all positives regardless of belief at this age. You live on easy street.
>>
>>726457171
Not the guy you were arguing with but really anon?
>>
>>726457171
Try acid in moderation.
>>
>>726457362
You mean desperation and misery tends to drive people towards comforting fantasy? You don't say?
>>
>>726457362
Doing a lot of implying faggot
>>
>>726457165
>>726457075

You are dealing in the binary, the deterministic constraints of the quote. God's benevolence or malevolence is both true and based perspective, tragedies arent always clear tragedies.

Also, from your apostate perspctive, you force your psuedo-Christian upbringing and poor parenting and subpar rearing on everything. God is good and bad when viewing the same event from a different chair.
>>
>>726457362
>Your charcter has never been tested...

Yeah the early release was the Renaissance and the beta test included The Age of Romanticism and the Industrial Revolution...
... Maybe it needs more test

Ah yeah forgot, v1.01 Communism
>>
>>726456332
Never said that faglord, nothing in my comment says god doesn't exist just that he can't exist the way you Christmas faglords, yes I said Christmas, think he does not did I say my life is bad or has any problems but to deny that the world is fucked is, your words, aretard.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.