[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i fulfilled all my dreams at 18, and the last 12 years i've

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: 1193429340200.jpg (109KB, 1045x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1193429340200.jpg
109KB, 1045x1004px
i fulfilled all my dreams at 18, and the last 12 years i've had no idea what to do after that. i tried repeating it a few times, but it got duller each time, and now i don't feel like doing anything.

it feels like the emptiness after finishing a really good tv series or a book, when you just sit there not knowing what to do. now imagine that feeling lasting for 12 years. that's where i'm at. it's like eating the best meal ever, but then lose all ability taste for the rest of your life.

i'm in limbo. i don't want to eat, i just do it so i won't die. i don't want to work, but i do it to pay for food and housing. sometimes when i have time off, i sleep for 16+ hours. don't want to do anything, and everything is boring.

anyone else in a similar situation?
>>
Ditto. Same thing happened to me, only it was last year. Now I just am letting myself burn out and waste away :)
>>
>>726165597
lol. so you also fulfilled your dreams? at what age?
>>
>>726165311
Everyone in the world.
Welcome to the club.
>>
>>726165872
but every day? it's soul crushing. i used to be a very passionate guy. now i'm completely bland. i don't even give a fuck about chicks anymore.
>>
>>726165771
24. Have house, car, and don't need to work anymore. What is there to do now :/
>>
>>726165311
must have been pretty small dreams. My tip: read some (political) philosophy and a whole new world will open up for ya!
>>
>>726166074
that just sounds like lack of imagination.
>>
>>726166118
not really. i just don't deter easily. they also weren't big dreams though, but pretty obscure and not necessarily as straight forward where i live.
>>
>>726166349
then don't be deterred from reading this philosophy, how bout that?
>>
22, doing nothing with my life. Wageslaving and pretending i'm happy to support my wife, but everything that makes me truly happy has left my life.
>>
sounds like you're in the mood for some nihilism
>>
>>726166658
lol. what do you recommend, and what's so great about it?
>>
>>726166666
>>
>>726166719
fuck, dude, that's too early to be a wage slave. what are your dreams?
>>
File: so sad.gif (833KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
so sad.gif
833KB, 245x200px
no one even wonder what my dream was.
>>
>>726166811
What's so great is that a whole new world opens up. Makes you feel like being a part of a great, ongoing story. I recommend something after my own heart: Kropotkin, modern science and anarchism.
>>
>>726168015
what ur dream faggot
>>
>>726168067
i'm not exactly closeted though. i've been to many countries. anarchism is very optimistic and very unpractical.
>>
>>726165311
>i fulfilled all my dreams at 18,
KYS- or get some new dreams.
>>
>>726168337
to snort coke out of liv tyler's ass.
>>
>>726165311

maybe you should spend some time learning to spell and you won't be such a sad sack of shit
>>
>>726168391
like what? everything's boring and annoying now. the entire world is chronically butthurt, so why even bother with their dumb shit? 7 billion people incapacitated by their own bullshit.
>>
>>726168381
> I've been tourist-fag
> have no own taste, but your taste sux

aquire your own taste then!
>>
File: grammar nazi.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
grammar nazi.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>726168563
it's probably a typo. what did i misspell?
>>
>>726165311
I've had that since 2011. Death needs to hurry the fuck up.
>>
>>726168439
And lick up the residue.

You're fucking smart...I can tell.
>>
>>726165311

Well how about setting yourself up so you have enough money to never work again, can go travelling whenever and see new awesome things?

Why slave away dot com...

Learn new skills, work towards new dreams. It's actually really sumple.
>>
>>726168604
Learn to sympathize with their bullshit, make some friends, go out and find some hobbies. Get married and have kids maybe, that's what people are typically doing at around age 30.

What were the dreams that you accomplished by the time that you were 18?
>>
>>726168722
you're a bit oversensitive. not saying you shouldn't be anarchist. maybe i'm wrong. i just don't see anything practical about it.

from a historical standpoint, humans do very poorly without government. you'd basically have to be prepared to murder and be murdered by your neighbor over petty bullshit. if you've never been lit on fire because someone thought you cast a spell on their chieftain, then you've been living the easy life safe under the umbrella of a somewhat functioning government.

government is shit too, but it's at least organized shit.
>>
>>726168813
yeah, it did go a bit further than just the sniffing.
>>
>>726165311
?? I take it that's "depression" misspelled?
>>
>>726169189
i just can't sympathize with someone who gets enraged by the most minor shit. people get angry because someone disagrees. wtf is that? literally everyone on earth will disagree at least a little with you, yet people act as if it's the worst offense ever. emotionally unstable af.

either way i'm not a dad kind of guy. i'm more of a "abandon your kid under a bridge" kind of guy. i have a nephew, and he's all the good things of being a dad, minus the bad stuff. so that's great, and he's great. if i just procreate for no reason i feel like such a fucking mindless organism just following basic instincts.

>What were the dreams that you accomplished by the time that you were 18?
see >>726168439
>>
>>726169275
look buddy, you were the one asking for a recommendation, and I gave you one, specifically telling you that it is my own taste. It was more to show, that it opened up a new world for me and that reading of a similar caliber (may the contents be totally different) might do the trick for you. That's why I won't go into detail as how a society is not only organized if governed, more to the contrary. read around and disregard my recommendation, if you like. just start and dont try to deter through over-specialized discussion.
>>
File: 4chan b.jpg (19KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
4chan b.jpg
19KB, 400x312px
>>726169719
it's old memes. back in 4chan's heydays.
>>
>>726165311

Go outside
>>
>>726165311
Read the Bible. Do good. Join Christ. Save soul.
>>
>>726170040
well, thank you for your recommendation. not trying to bitch about your opinion or anything. i've studied history, but maybe i'll have a closer look on that dude.
>>
>>726170362
kek. as if. i'd rather join aum shinrikyo.
>>
>>726165311
>i don't want to eat, i just do it so i won't die. i don't want to work, but i do it to pay for food and housing. sometimes when i have time off, i sleep for 16+ hours. don't want to do anything, and everything is boring.

Aside from the eating part (most time) yea I'm pretty much in the same situation

I'm looking up to smoking some weed to "wash the flavor" of boredom off, hope I don't get that apathy hangover the next days though

What do you do to cope with it?
>>
>>726168878
that's pretty much what i'm doing. i'm norwegian, so there's never any trouble with economy, really. if i have a job, and i do, i can travel as much as i want. that's really the best part of everything, traveling and enjoying some awesome shit once in a while.

my job has become pretty crap lately, so i'll be going back to university in hope of finding something better. but i'm still a pretty miserable sob. you wouldn't know meeting me though, i hide it good.
>>
>>726166074
>don't need to work anymore.

Seems like you're pretty good with money, why is there no more to do? You can parachute, travel, explore whatever - eat new foods, study new stuff
>>
>>726170040
>go into detail as how a society is not only organized if governed, more to the contrary.

Mind doing so? I usually don't care about politics or any of that stuff, but now that you say humanity is actually worse off "together" you have my attention
>>
>>726170985
yeah. i started drinking just because alcoholism might take a bit of the sting off, which it does. it's a very controlled alcoholism though. also smoke with a buddy of mine once in a blue moon, but his stuff is way too strong. almost date rape level strength. he hasn't raped me though (i know 4chan would think that).

i also travel when i can. go places that are awesome, and try to see and experience shit i've never seen or experienced before. i mean, although my mood it pretty damn somber and pallid, the world is still amazing if i can just ignore other people for a little bit.
>>
>>726171166
op, here. i don't get the parachute thing. it sounds like something a person who's worse off than me would do just to feel again. i know many people who either have parachuted or wants to, but i've never seen the big deal about it. it's as if everyone wanted to be shot out of a canon wearing clown makeup. why?

it just sounds like a suicidal thing to do, although i know it's a very safe thing to do, it just tells me that these people wants to feel like they're about to die just to feel alive.
>>
>>726171861
I started doing a "healthy" smoking habit recently too, it's the only time when being bored seems alright

Seems like your problem might be desocialization or something, a social problem

Do you have a wife, kids or family that you're usually with?

Maybe you need more buddies, or maybe you're too smart for the ones around. Take your time, just don't get desperate out of it

How long has this apathy been going?
>>
>>726166074
why don't you need to work anymore?
>>
>>726172209
i might be a bit desocialized. but i do have good contact with my family who i see regularly. i have a club i go to with a bunch of cringy fuckers. but i don't have that many friends around me atm, and i used to have a lot of people around me, and i'm a fairly likeable guy so i always get at least some friends in a social setting. i've just been a bit nomadic.

you might be onto something. i had a gf that went spectacularly wrong, so it totally put me off romantic relationships.

tbh, that was a pretty fucking good observation. i've tried to meet more people, but it's a bit of a hassle to establish anything.

the apathy thing has been a bit on and off after i broke up with my ex. also before her i got a bit burned out.
>>
>>726173076
Maybe you should risk it more with people, seems like other minds bore you, can relate

Keep trying buddy, I hope you get well soon
>>
>>726173433
do you do psychology or something, because i feel that was pretty spot on. or do you just feel the same? i've been trying to get myself motivated to meet other people. how about you?
>>
>>726172671
>>726171166
Nah. Lost my parents last year. My goal with working was always house, car, and financial stability. Between the life insurance and retirement accounts I'm able to retire.

Maybe its because of how I got it. I guess I've just been stalling while trying to find new goals to work towards.
>>
>>726173770
Thanks man that's a good compliment, first time getting recognition actually. I just think a lot about how people's minds work, read a few psychology books at 15 and at about 18 had an awesome understanding already about thoughts in general

Yea I try to get to know people, but I don't really have how, I don't go to new places or anything, but I do try to get along. It's usually really tough at the begining since I like to know what I'm getting into - I observe people a lot before I start speaking, sounds kinda creep actually
>>
>>726173970
did you do the sleep-for-a-week thing yet?
>>
>>726173970
>My goal with working was always house, car, and financial stability.

Besides all of this I think the only """dream""" I have is doing a lot of new, preferably radical stuff with the woman I love

Wingsuit for example, would love to share an awesome thrill like that with someone close
>>
File: GgggHJ.jpg (141KB, 996x726px) Image search: [Google]
GgggHJ.jpg
141KB, 996x726px
>>
>>726174328
lol. yeah. the best i've found is new social venues. but recently i've ended up in pretty tarded places. like at work everyone is extremely dull, and at the sportsclub they're mostly spastics. at least they're people, but just not friend material. i do have a good friend nearby, but we both are busy with work most of the time.
>>
>>726174595
have you done a wingsuit before? or parachuting?
>>
>>726173970
Both of my parents lingered, slowly losing their minds, bladder and bowel control, ability to walk, see, control their fingers... Let me tell you, there are worse things than seeing your parents die. My Mom's still alive (if you can call it that), and it's a financial burden and a waking nightmare.
>>
>>726174387
Nah. I had problems sleeping for about three months afterwards. Car accident for one. Ended up being the one to clean out the car. Also had to close other parent's eyed cuz nobody had done so. Shouldn't have done those things. Now I get nightmares whenever I try to sleep.
>>
>>726174810
I have an awesome girlfriend, just that. I had two other guy friends that had a great mentality, but they just lost interest in me for some reason. Distance helps forgetting people too I guess, fml

>>726174927
No, I'm even scared of rollercoasters, but I want to share that first heart attack with someone I love
>>
>>726175211
aw, fuck. jeez. yeah, i've experienced some heavy shit too. i see why money doesn't necessarily help all that much. it sounds like a situation where anyone would need professional help. are you getting help?
>>
>>726175749
>are you getting help?
are you getting laid?
>>
>>726175749
Have professional help. Doesn't help much. Sleeping pills do help. Antidepressants keep me slightly functional. Chemicals do the rest. I figure if I tread water long enough it'll get easier.
>>
>>726175384
>they just lost interest in me for some reason
me too! wtf! i don't get it. a lot of people love me, but then they get bored. i don't get it. while people can have long lasting friendships with dull-as-paper dudes. i love being around interesting people, and they usually like me, but at some point they just seem to get bored.

>I want to share that first heart attack with someone I love
kek. i'm sure she'll appreciate it.
>>
>>726175872
not at all.
>>
To fellow burn out / depression bros:

Have you considered becoming a buddhist monk or something? I have been thinking about either killing myself or chillin with those guys.
>>
>>726176426
I'm a reikian, getting the first master's degree right now (it has 3 months preparation)
Even when I do reiki, it doesn't help as much as weed, it mantains you clean though, would recommend to anyone
>>
>>726176155
shit... maybe. i saw my baby brother's rotten remains when i was 18 or so. sounds like we're on equal levels. i had my passions to chase after though, and maybe the pallid feelings i'm having are the after effects now that there's nothing else to chase.

personally i read about samurai, they were pretty hardcore fuckers, and it instills courage in me.

i think maybe treading water will help, but also finding something that gives you courage or good feelings. idk what though. could almost be anything, depending on the person.
>>
>>726165311
Depression is knowing you dropped out of high school, having never learned to correctly spell.
>>
>>726176426
try the buddhists first. meditation really does help. they also give you a set habit to follow, which is very important for mental health. doing the same thing every day is actually pretty important for happiness, according to science.
>>
I'm one of the guys who talked to you a bit, I just wanna say I hope you get good soon, I relate to your shit a lot and I didn't even get any dreams acomplished yet, peace
>>
>>726177170
if you are referring to the text in the demotivational, then you're a newfag. old meme, bitch. learn it.
>>
>>726176969
I did the same thing when I was that age. Reading about bushido really helped me make it through my teenage years. As for the other thing, I dunno what good feelings really are at this point. I've basically been in a nearly constant state of traumatic shit happening for close to a decade. Add depression onto that and there's not a lot of positive things going on.
>>
>>726177408
thanks. i honestly don't know if dreams are good to accomplish. it's really awesome when you do, but what do you do after? if you manage to keep replacing your dreams, then it's definitely worth chasing. and you don't want to grow old without doing it because that will lead to regret. it might be a fine balance.
>>
>>726177634
yeah. i don't know either, tbh. i mean, wtf is a person supposed to do? the best i can think of is use my spear time to experience stuff that's amazing. because even if i feel like shit, i can still accept that what i'm seeing and what is happening is a good thing. just simple things like i've climbed mountains and been to the jungle, and it's just so fucking amazing that it breathes some life into me despite everything else.

after all, nature and the universe and all is fucking breathtaking despite the torment.
>>
>>726177866
My instinct says (yes I'm serious) that you should always chase your dreams, you just have to learn how to manage the apathy later on. Keep going!

I usually know what I'm saying when I feel it, trust me on this one. Regret is worse that having to outsmart yourself from boredom.
>>
>>726178456
lol. yeah, maybe. i agree, i'd have already killed myself if i hadn't achieved my goals. i did it so early simply because i couldn't bear another year without seeing it come to fruition. so in a way i'm very happy that i did, but the limbo is just... i don't even know. it's just a void of nothing.
>>
>>726171607
I had started putting some words together to further this interest, but ... I mind. I cannot remotely find out all of your presuppositions (like what you mean by """together"""). Even if I could, finding out for yourself is way better. Some deeply held beliefs will be defended to the last if challenged from outside and can only be slowly eroded from within. I'm sorry if this comes across like cheap and/or arrogant, but i think that's the way it is. Maybe I can give one last reading recommendation. It's not so much Philosophy as Anthropology, giving many historical facts: David Graeber's Debt: the first 5000 years.
>>
>>726179051
I wouldn't be asking if I weren't open minded enough, please do give a general idea
>>
>>726178369
I dunno. I've had a LOT of bad shit happen to me over the last decade. I've done that sort of thing but it just leaves me feeling empty. Nothing really chases away the bad memories anymore. Natural beauty worked for a little bit, but it stopped just the same as every chemical or technique does.

But, I DO still get some happiness and joy from day to day things. The problem is that the memories come back so soon I don't really get to enjoy it. I just want to stop being broken.
>>
>>726179881
sorry, man. i hope you get better. just seek those small pleasures, i guess.
>>
get your jeremy memes outta here
>>
>>726179051
>It's not so much Philosophy as Anthropology, giving many historical facts: David Graeber's Debt: the first 5000 years.

Thank you sir

And YOU ALL GET BETTER NOW OK?? SPICE THINGS UP
>>
>>726179735
Sorry, it happened a couple times too often that people claimed to be open-minded just to get fiercly defensive when the root of their identity got challenged. I am broken that way. But the read is good.
>>
>>726182960
Hmm I don't think I am that way, but now you got me something to think about.

Saved the books name, will check it out
>>
>>726179051
>David Graeber's Debt: the first 5000 years.
this sounds interesting. i'll read it. however, as my degree is in culture and society, i will advice you to get your information from more than one source. just in general, even if it's a good one. a single source is basically an opinion based on the evidence, another source will disagree, and/or direct your attention to other factors.

you get a better understanding by comparing disagreeing opinions than you would just following one side. in academia, they all usually make fairly good points, yet they may disagree, and they may be right and wrong at the same time. it's not as easy or clear cut that you can understand it by only trusting one source, though our instinct is to do that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePivN7CEhxo
>>
>>726184834
right on fucking target.
>>
>>726172174
ya'll just need to fuckin read some philosophy and learn how to die and be immortal through great works of your life, fuckin kill it if you already got that things can even start small
>>
What if you feel that way and you're just a sub-normie teenager?
>Case in point
>>
>>726186581
18+12=30
>>
>>726184633
for this line of reasoning i recommend feyerabend: against method . enjoy!
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.