[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This cat showed up at my door one night, dirty, sick and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1739.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1739.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>This cat showed up at my door one night, dirty, sick and very skinny.
>I went to the 24 hour vet at like midnight and she is chipped, but when we got ahold of the owner, he was mad that we called and told us the just let her go, that she'd find her way home if she wanted to.
>That night we let her out and she wouldn't leave my doorstep.
>We let her back in, and for the past 5 days or so, she has stayed with us.
>She is the nicest cat I have encountered, she seems to be about 1 year old ish.
>Loves attention and is super chill. She loves to play.
>I gave her a bath and got food and a toy and a litter box, etc etc.
>She ate like she had been starved.

>>Here's my delima, she's someone's cat, but apparently he just lets her roam free as a young cat,
>(we live in a kind of ghetto area near the freeway)
>and clearly isn't keeping her healthy.
>He also doesn't care that she hasn't came home in almost a week.

>Do I have a new cat?

I'm a dog guy, but I love this fucker. She's adorable.
>>
File: IMG_1741.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1741.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>726112390
She's a blue tortoise shell Maine coon apparently, if that makes a difference. Do I steal this cat, /b/ros? She seems to love it here. She hasn't even tried to leave. She just likes to lay on me.
>>
Keep her. She sounds like a nice cat and deserves better than how her owner treats her.
>>
>>726112616
This
>>
>>726112616
That's what I'm thinking. I wouldn't let my cat be an outdoor cat, and that kinda sucks for the cat, but at least it would be safe and clean. On top of the fact that it's a high traffic area and she clearly isn't healthy. shes probably better off here.
>>
>>726112390
That's one big ass Arizona tea
>>
Keep the cat, get the chip removed because her prior owner is a fucking retard, have a wellness test done to make sure the prior owner's incompetence didn't cause any damage and find out what sort of boosters and shots she needs, then take her back home and enjoy your new fuzzy little friend for the next 15 years or so. :3
>>
This is your cat. That's exactly how people get cats
You have been chosen
>>
>>726112846
Oh and keep the cat
>>
>>726112390
Fuck that guy, keep the cat.

Also after get a nice amount of shit out of the litter box, you should put it in a bag and set it on fire on his porch at midnight.
>>
>>726112850
I was just thinking about calling and having the chip info changed. Most places do that for like 10 bucks if I get the chip number.

>>726112897
>>726112846
One gallon arizonas because I hate going to the store more than once every week and a half or so

>>726112910
I'm not sure where he lives, near me, but I do have his phone number and his name. He seems like a real piece of shit

>>726112895
No kidding. She really chose my door and sat there until I opened it. How could I say no to that cutie.
>>
>>726112822
As long as you treat the cat right, it won't care about being indoors and it'll live longer.
>>
>>726112390
I say keep her. I would wait another week or two before you get too cozy with the idea this is already permanent. I am guessing the owner wont notice or care. So if you keep her for another week or two you could make a case if it came to it against the owner. Be like "we called and she stuck around, owner never inquired again, and its been a month now." That sounds like neglect I think whatever channels you'd have to go through would agree with that.
>>
File: BuzzyBday.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px)
BuzzyBday.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>726112390
I'm a dog guy too.
This is Buzzy.
Buzzy like to play 'fetch' and 'shake hands' just like a dog.
Buzzy came to my house as a kitten in much more horrific shape than you described.
I had to hand feed him with an eye dropper for weeks.
Buzzy had his 21st birthday this past August.
He has long outlived my dog and is now my best pal.
Moral fo the story + TL;DR??
Keep the cat.
>>
>>726112390
Keep the cat, just keep in mind man, Maine Coon get BIG. And cats grow until about 24 months. So if she's only a year, she's not full size yet.
>>
>>726113295
My plan right now is to keep her, if the owner says anything Ill be civil and say that she won't leave, maybe even try to just buy her. If he doesn't go for that then I'm going to have to call animal control and see what I can do. Even if he does take her back, I'm sure she'd just come back to my doorstep. I'm in Nevada, and the law here is that the owner has 12 months to claim the animal until it would legally be mine, but I'm probably moving to Washington state in September, at which point he is shit out of luck and she's mine haha
>>
>>726112390
Cats were never domesticated like dogs were. Cats were smart enough to see that themselves and humans are mutually beneficial. That being said since they chose to move in and we didn't mind they think that we don't own them and they own us. So, yes, you have a new cat. I took in a stray recently and then he god hit by a car and I had to put him down. Loved that little guy.
>>
>>726113259
Absolutely, the fucker is already spoiled. I even taught her how to sit and come when called. She's pretty cool haha
>>
Looks like you've got a new best friend /b/ro. Fuck the old owners, she's your cat now.
>>
>>726113674
Yeah, I did my research on that. I'm hoping she gets over 15 pounds, it'd be badass to have a little lynx as a pet haha
>>
>>726113637
buzzy looks like a cool guy anon
>>
>>726113637
That's a great story man. I guess cats are smarter than dogs in the way that they know who to go to. Rescues are always the best. I taught her how to sit and come, because you know, if I have a cat, I'm gonna at least try to make it more dog like haha
>>
>>726113741
"I don't know what to tell you man, she followed me to Washington!"
>>
I do have to admit, that trip to the store to buy a litter box, litter, food, toys, etc. That was probably the gayest I've felt in a long time. I'm a borderline redneck, and my girlfriend stayed at home with the cat so we could make sure she didn't get into anything. I handed in my man card that night. A fuckin cat man. I didn't realize how cool the fuckers were.
>>
>>726113637

Holy shit, he looks incredible for 21. My family had two cats live to 17 and 16 and by then they looked like shriveled old people by then with sunken-in eyes. My current little buddy is turning 15 this year and I'm already dreading when he begins to lose a bunch of weight and waste away gradually in front of me. ;_;
>>
>>726113637
Dem eyes. Holy shit that cat is adorable
>>
>>726114215
Exactly, I drove really slow because I needed to get the best fuel economy, guess she just hopped in my truck at some point. Haha
>>
>>726112390
I mean if he lets it do as it pleases, then uhh. Well if it decides to stay at your house indefinitely and you aren't forcing it to stay, it's not wrong on his part. Also fuck that cate is huge
>>
>>726114115
>they know who to go to
Buzzy anon here.
Yeah..., cats are "survivors" by nature, whereas dogs are much more needy and dependent.
That's just my experience.
>>
>>726112390
You have a new cat. Get that chip reset and make her an indoor cat.
>>
>>726114433
Shit man, I weighed her and she's nine pounds. Apparently she's gonna keep growing for the next year or two. Double that would be badass.
>>
Idk if you're still here, OP, but maine coons are one of the coolest cats to have. They're chill as fuck and get super big.
>>
>>726114444
Is the pic above, buzzy at 21?!
>>
>>726112390
Don't let her go back to that asshole, you have a new cat and she is cool. I vote keep her..
>>
>>726114406
To be fair, he likely wouldnt make that drive for his cat. So you would be in the clear lol hed likely let you buy it or just give you the chip number to be reset.
>>
>>726112390
With cats, there is a nice rule: if they don't feel well, they just go, if they do, they stay. They aren't like dogs, who always stay, nor like birds, who always try to get away.
So just let her stay as long as she wants, and if you treat her well, she won't go anywhere(at least not for very long).
>>
Keep cat. Dunno what ur gonna do about the chip, though.
>>
>>726114444
>checked

Yeah, I've always loved the loyalty of dogs, and how happy the big fuckers are. I hadn't met a cat who had a similar demeanor until now. She's just happy to be here and seems genuinely thankful. She didn't like the bath, but she didn't fight at all, it seemed like she hated it, but hated being dirty more.

>she is a pretty
>cool cat
>>
>>726114504
Have you named the cat yet?
>>
>>726114706
Get the vet (shelter maybe?) to rewrite the data.
There are animal cruelty laws you can look into if you want to see if you can make it legit.

That's my best suggestions. Good luck with the kitty. Just know that you now have a brain parasite that makes you love said kitty.
>>
>>726112390

>>Do I have a new cat?

Yes.
>>
File: snapshot_[2016.09.15_13.23.30].jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot_[2016.09.15_13.23.30].jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>726114341
He gets LOTS of exercise with the whole playing 'fetch' thing.
He's always been totally obsessed with it..., sometimes to the point of being annoying, tbh.
But he's a really cool customer.
Also, he eats really well.
Another weird thing..., he's CRAZY about grapefruit juice and lemonade..., go figure.
>>
>>726114519
Yes..., that was taken on his last birthday.
>>
>>726114507
Still here, I'm pretty stoked man. If this is how she is gonna be for the next 15 years or so, then I have a new best friend.

>>726114534
>>726114706

I'm gonna do all I can to keep her. The chip I can worry about later. It seems like the owner doesn't give a shit if she's alive or dead, so hopefully he just doesn't notice before September haha
>>
>>726112390
Another vote to keep her, if it suits you. Her previous owner either lacks the understanding or the desire to care for her. If you are able to care for her properly, keep her.

I'd suggest watching a few episodes of "My Cat From Hell" if you can. As a dog person, I found info on the show useful, in particular the types and amount of play desired by cats, which is a frequent issue with behavioral problems that cats on the show have.
>>
>>726114795
My girlfriend decided on peanut, but I haven't really picked a name. She listens when I say "poopoo", so. Her "owner" named her valorie. Ugly ass name for a cat imo
>>
>>726114907
How did you teach him how to fetch? Op here, I want to teach her more tricks, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I taught her to sit by using ham, but she fucking loves catnip, and will fetch the catnip toy.
>>
>>726114973
He looks great man. That's a badass cat
>>
>>726114907
>he's CRAZY about grapefruit juice and lemonade
Cats often have odd tastes. My cat was crazy for fried tuna, with salt and pepper seasoning, and pastrami (she'd climb your leg for pastrami)
>>
>>726113741
>I'm in Nevada, and the law here is that the owner has 12 months to claim the animal until it would legally be mine....

You may want to do something to document that you have the cat now, so in 12 months there's some evidence that you've had it that long. Like post a pic on facebook or youtube or something so that it's timestamped.
>>
>>726112390
Go chip it. In most countries it is the way you'll be able to definitely claim it as yours, legally speaking.
(I'm a little bit jealous, since a Maine Coon would be my dream ^^)
>>
Consider yourself a cat person from now on OP. You now have a catbro in your life.
>>
Congratulation OP, you have been chosen.
You got a new cat now.
>>
>>726115387
We have documentation from the vet, and the photos on my phone are time stamped, my girlfriend will probably post some shit too I'm sure. I don't think that'll be much of an issue though. The first night we kicked her out to see if she'd go back to her owner, and by afternoon the next day she was just waiting by the door.
>>
>>726112592
Cats choose their home, if she's fine at yours, let her be.
If she decides to leave , let her go, IMO, she won't.
>>
The one thing I am gonna have to get used to is how fucking quiet she is. She just will appear in your lap and shit. Caught me off guard a few times haha
>>
>>726115463
This
>>
>>726112390
Where do you live?
>>
>>726115878
Nevada
>>
>>726112616
That's exactly how I feel about your mother <3
>>
Are you a witch? Maybe it's your familiar, heh.

Keep the cat.
>>
>>726112390

Keep her, anon. Your furry friend found her real forever home! =)
>>
>>726112390
keep
>>
>>726115980
My neighbor has a cat that looks just like this one. They have alot of food at home but it's still very skinny and often comes to us and eats our cats food. it's very loving and i thought it was the same cat at first. I think its normal for this breed to be very loving
>>
>>726116031
Shit, if I was a witch I wouldn't be living in this shitty ass neighborhood. I'd be conjouring up money to buy jeeps and track cars.
>>
>>726115259
He kinda taught himself to play fetch.
One day when he was about 6-8 months old I crumpled up a half sheet of paper and tossed it across the room for hime to bat around and play with.
After a number of times with me getting up off the couch to go retrieve the 'toy' so I could throw it again I, frankly, got bored and stopped.
Next thing I knew, Buzzy started picking it up in his mouth, bringing it over and dropping it at my feet, and whacking my foot to get my attention until I would throw it again.
That has continued ever since and some mornings (way too early) he jumps up on my chest while I'm sleeping, drops the paper onto my chest, and smacks me in the face with his paw until I wake up and throw the darn thing.

I trained him to 'shake hands' using kitty treats but now he just does it without any reward other than scratching his head, or something.
>>
>>726115112
Looks like she has attached herself to you. You could call her mother fucker and she would still respond to your voice.
My fantasy pet would be a bengal tiger that I would call fluffy or molly lul
>>
Keep the cat. Register it as yours. Never ask them to check it for chips.
>>
>>726116248
Dude, tigers and other big cats are affected by cat nip. Could you imagine a pet tiger that was high as fuck?
>>
Wow wouldnt think that there are nice people here. Fucking keep it the owner will never show up...and if he does let the Cat decide where she wants to stay!
>>
>>726116209
Huh, I guess I'll have to figure out the fetch thing. She likes to jump on me while I sleep too, but just for belly scratches. I much prefer dogs sleep schedule.
>>
>>726113741
Once he stops paying the subscription fee on the chip it won't link it to him anyway.
>>
>>726116426
Right man, on /b/, there is 34 posters in this thread, and we're all being civil. I guess we are all a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>726116492
Really? I never paid a subscription for my dogs chip. It was just a few hundred bucks to get it and that was it.
>>
>>726116549
thats better than being a edgy kid
>>
>>726112390
Yup, that's your cat.

Those cunts abandoned her.

I got my cat under similar circumstances.
>>
>>726112592
She might be mixed, but she's definitely not a Maine Coon. No ear tufts.
>>
>>726116492
No such thing as a subscription fee, kys idiot!
>>
I got my cat exactly the same way. Keep her.
Also, you're a good man
>>
>>726112390
If i were you I'd keep the cat
>>
>>726116492
Depends on the service.

Most of them have a baseline service that costs nothing for the database access itself.
>>
>>726116449
Buzzy anon again.
Also..., greatest thing you can invest in is a laser pointer.
(They have cheap ones at the pet store.)
They LOVE chasing that red dot around on the floor, walls, etc. and you don't have to get up off your ass for that particular 'kitty play'.
Bottom line, though..., kittehs need exercise to stay healthy and happy.
>>
File: IMG_1742.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1742.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>726116791
Ear tufts?

>>726116718
I'm surprised that this is such a common scenario. If you can't give your animal time, attention, and the things it needs, don't have one. Seems like it should be a common decency thing.
>>
Keep it you've clearly talked yourself into it and people here agree with you.
>>
File: 20130428_220552.jpg (601KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20130428_220552.jpg
601KB, 2048x1536px
>>726116426
You forgot the basic rules of /b : mess with the cats, and we'll get you
Anon is an horrendous monster, but he fucking love cats
>>
>>726116963
Funny story actually, I ordered a pretty nice laser about a week and a half ago, just before she showed up. I ordered it from China because cheap and I didn't want to invest more than like 4 bucks, so it'll be another 3 weeks to get it, but it was almost like I was meant to end up with her haha
>>
>>726112390
Cats do this shit. My sister has had two cats do this. The first just walked in and laid on her sofa and refused to leave her house. The cat was obviously no feral, but had no tattoos or chip. She put up flyers and shit because maybe some little girl really missed her kitty cat, but nothing.

So she simply adopted him, got him fixed and healthy, and he just chose to live with her for the rest of his life. Everyone was happy.
>>
>>726113637
gorgeous lad
>>
>>726117126

I guess that's why we are all stuck here. No one ever leaves /b/, because we are all degenerate fuck yards, and we all hate each other, but when it comes to animals, particularly cats, we are all good people. Except the horse fucking threads. Those are just fucked.
>>
Is yours now
She seems totally fine
>>
>>726112390
The owner is a fucking fagg so yeah clearly she likes it better at your place
Keep the fucker
>>
>>726117188
If it's a "real" laser pointer, as opposed to one specifically from the pet store, just be careful about shining it directly into the kittehs eyes because "real" ones can do damage.
Other than that warning, it will be BIG fun..., you'll see.
>>
Keep it.

My very first cat was a stray I started feeding outside the house, poor thing was so skinny you could see his ribs, barely alive really.
At first he was very cautious of me and humans in general, at this point he was pretty much feral.

After coming into our house to eat a few times he started showing up more often, then eventually stopped going back out.
We ended up adopting him after that, he ended up living a very happy life with lots of space to roam about (used to live in the countryside), genuinely one of the most loyal cats I've ever seen, very intelligent and tough as nails, he used to beat the shit out of one of our older cats who was almost 3 times his size.

The pets that find you often end up being the ones you truly miss when they're gone.
Seeing an animal that weak and dilapidated turn in to such an amazing pet with so much trust was really a life lesson I won't forget.
>>
>>726112390
Keep the thing or I'll take you by that pussy you just sprouted and cunt punt you onto that freeway.

Cats are awesome, they have more personality and are less reliant, you can make a cat food mountain and install a second or third litter box, cover the floor in toys, leave radio/tv on, and go on vacation. It might get bored and wreck a few things on you once it's done with the toys, but they are better then dogs.

Get a couple of cheap scratching posts from Walmart, small knee high ones, they'll keep the cat from wrecking your furniture/bed/door jams.
>>
>>726115387
Just to be safe, write the timestamp on your dick and take a picture with the cat in the background. Then do everything you can to get the owner to claim the cat back in 1 year + 1 day so you can submit a picture of your dick to the police as evidence.
>>
>>726117737
Will do, I was thinking about buying one, but wanted to make sure she was happy with us before I spent hundreds on her haha.

>>726117694
It sounds like I'm in for a great experience. I already love this fucker, so she's definitely staying haha

>>726117537
Will do, it's not a great quality one, as I said, it's from china, but I'm excited to fuck with her nonetheless. I got a black lab when i was about 8. He is almost 13 now, lives with my parents. The vet said he only had 3 months last year. I guess the old fucker decided he didn't care. He fucking loves lasers. We had a 9mm rueger with a laser on it, and one night when someone tried to break in the fucker ran full force at the door trying to get the laser. The guys about shit themselves (we had a door with a big window in it). So I have high expectations
>>
>>726116963
My cat doesn't give a shit about lasers, got her one, her thing is M&Ms :/
>>
>>726118051
Jesus that would make my life. Time stamp on my dick with the cat, right under the time write "check it, faggot."
>>
Keep her Bro, I had one and named her mittsies. She was hiding in the garden when I saw her and her face was fucked up. Took her to the Vet and had her patched up for around 120dollars of surgery. Doc said she was hit by a car and her pupils a bit dilated and her lower jaw snapped into two but still in good position. Took her in after the surgery and held onto her for about a week until she's gone to another owner or home. Still miss her though and the story was I put her cage opnened for her outside the house by a night then she just gone... What's infuriating is even her cage is gone. Fucking Theives
>>
>>726112390
>I'm a dog guy, but I love this fucker. She's adorable.

Seems like you have your answer. If you want her.
>>
Would keep
>>
>>726118516
..Chocolate kills cats.
>>
>>726118516
>her thing is M&Ms
Does your kitteh EAT the M&M's??
I only ask because Buzzy definitely would.
Like I said before he has weird food and drink tastes.
He will climb all over you if you're eating some chocolate cake or an orange.
If you don't give hime some, he will just steal it from you when you are not paying attention.
Same thing with fruit juice..., he's weird that way.
>>
>>726119206
way to poison your cat, brah
>>
guys choco fucks up the cats immune systems, you're lucky your cat isnt dead
>>
>>726119166
Buzzy loves and eats chocolate..., only very small amounts, though.
And, like I said, he's 21 ytears old..., so..., I think moderation is the key.
>>
>>726119166
She doesn't eat them, just plays with them PLUS chocolate can potentially kill dogs, f-all to do with cats.
>>
>>726119547
kills both dogs and cats
>>
>>726119166
>>726119413
These:
>>726119547
>>726119482
>>
>>726119206
Nah she doesn't eat them, just plays with them. She woud stab me for green olives though. Most cats I've had were the same . They fucking loved it.
If Im eating some plain green olives I have to hide to do so.
Weird shit
>>
Just so you know:
Alcoholic beverages Can cause intoxication, coma, and death.
Baby food Can contain onion powder, which can be toxic to cats fed baby food for an extended period of time. (Please see onion below.) Can also result in nutritional deficiencies, if fed in large amounts.
Bones from fish, poultry, or other meat sources Can cause obstruction or laceration of the digestive system.
Canned tuna (for human consumption) Large amounts can cause malnutrition, since it lacks proper levels of vitamins and minerals. It can also lead to thiamine deficiency (see 'Fish' below).
Chocolate, coffee, tea, and other caffeine Contain caffeine, theobromine, or theophylline, which can cause vomiting and diarrhea and be toxic to the heart and nervous system.
Citrus oil extracts Can cause vomiting.
Dog food If accidental ingestion, will not cause a problem; if fed repeatedly, may result in malnutrition and diseases affecting the heart.
Fat trimmings Can cause pancreatitis.
Fish (raw, canned or cooked) If fed exclusively or in high amounts can result in a thiamine (a B vitamin) deficiency leading to loss of appetite, seizures, and in severe cases, death.
Grapes, raisins and currants Contain an unknown toxin, which can damage the kidneys.
Human vitamin supplements containing iron Can damage the lining of the digestive system and be toxic to the other organs including the liver and kidneys.
Macadamia nuts Contain an unknown toxin, which can affect the digestive and nervous systems and muscle.
Marijuana Can depress the nervous system, cause vomiting, and changes in the heart rate.
Milk and other dairy products Some adult cats and dogs may develop diarrhea if given large amounts of dairy products.
Moldy or spoiled food, garbage Can contain multiple toxins causing vomiting and diarrhea and can also affect other organs.
Mushrooms Can contain toxins, which may affect multiple systems in the body, cause shock, and result in death.
Part 1
>>
>>726112390
You have no choise in the matter. The cat chose you. This is the natural state of things.
>>
Part 2, everything that can kill your cat
Onions and garlic (raw, cooked, or powder) Contain sulfoxides and disulfides, which can damage red blood cells and cause anemia. Cats are more susceptible than dogs. Garlic is less toxic than onions.
Persimmons Seeds can cause intestinal obstruction and enteritis.
Raw eggs Contain an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin). This can lead to skin and hair coat problems. Raw eggs may also contain Salmonella.
Raw meat May contain bacteria such as Salmonella and E. coli, which can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Rhubarb leaves Contain oxalates, which can affect the digestive, nervous, and urinary systems.
Salt If eaten in large quantities it may lead to electrolyte imbalances.
String Can become trapped in the digestive system; called a "string foreign body."
Sugary foods Can lead to obesity, dental problems, and possibly diabetes mellitus.
Table scraps (in large amounts) Table scraps are not nutritionally balanced. They should never be more than 10% of the diet. Fat should be trimmed from meat; bones should not be fed.
Tobacco Contains nicotine, which affects the digestive and nervous systems. Can result in rapid heart beat, collapse, coma, and death.
Yeast dough Can expand and produce gas in the digestive system, causing pain and possible rupture of the stomach or intestines.
>>
>>726119600
nothing wrong with sticking to your beliefs.
even if you are totally incorrect.
have you not been reading buzzy anon's posts itt??
the cat eats chocolate & is 21 fucking y.o. for chrissakes.
>>
>>726119840
>>726120008
Thanks for the info /b/ro but really, this can also apply to humans too.
>>
>>726112592
That cat owns you - not the other way around.

You have case for the ASPCA if anything.
>>
>>726120059
I didn't know he only fed him small amounts. If fed in any larger dosage than what Buzz Anon does, it can cause sickness and death. Please refer to
>>726119840
>>726120008
>>
>>726120182
Uh, no? This is a list of stuff that pets can't eat. Who ever died from eating table scraps?
>>
>>726112822
Owning a Cat indoor is a sign of a substantial Lack of understanding Nature.
>>
>>726112390
Give us the owner's number

>everyone say "I'm gonna fuck your cat" and hang up
>>
>>726120328
>Who ever died from eating table scraps?
I almost die all the time.
But that's because my girlfriend is an abyssmal cook.
>>
>>726112390
Have fun, anon. Get a cat-sized hamster wheel off amazon so they can have something like a treadmill.It's excersize + play time you dont really have to 'help' with.
>>
You have a new cat now
>>
>>726120588
kek.
too bad bro.
>>
>>726113741
If the owner says anything, tell him you put her outside and she left. Unless he knows where you live how is he going to know whether you are being truthful or not.

Fuck him, he had his chance, and the cat has chosen you.
>>
>>726112822
I have an outdoor cat, but he stays around my home. The owner obviously is a piece of shit or the cat just likes exploring. Let the cat outside sometimes, give it free will to go where it wants.
>>
>>726121017
honestly OP can report him for animal abuse. he abandoned her and has a call history of just wanting him to put the cat back into a dangerous environment
>>
>>726121150
the cat obviously didn't do the outside thing well. plus, indoor cats live longer and are less likely to contract diseases
>>
File: 1486938015280.jpg (44KB, 599x804px) Image search: [Google]
1486938015280.jpg
44KB, 599x804px
>>726112822
Nigga cats love it outside. They go and kill small animals, fight and do cat things. Of course they come home for food and beeing petted, but ultimately cats need to roam - given you're not in the middle of new york or some shit.
>>
>>726120462
It's a sign of not being retarded. Cats shouldn't be allowed to roam free causing damage, leaving shit everywhere, killing things and risking their health. That's not acceptable for any pet. Source: every other fucking animal. I don't know why people think it's fine to let their cats wander everywhere.

And if your response is "oh but cats need to roam free" then the answer is that a cat isn't a suitable pet. The same as a horse. Why don't I have a horse? Because my house isn't big enough for a horse.
>>
My cat is on my bed as we speak, she doesn't like being outside and hates 99% of /b/
>>
>>726116791
>>726112592
This, coons also have weird symbols on their forehead and weigh 40 pounds.
>>726117032
They have like Lynx hairs on the ears that point up. It does look like a mix but there is no way someone would let a pure coon run wild 400-500+ just for an ugly purebred
>>
>>726119547
The reason it kills dogs is the same reason it kills cats. You're actually a fucking retard.
>>726120059
But there is something wrong with being a complete dumbass and spreading misinformation. You don't feed animals chocolate, not small amounts not large amounts you just don't do it.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 612x612px
You have been chosen by the cool catto, anon. Do whatever you can to keep her now. Owner sounds like a douche anyways.
>>
>>726112390
looks a lot older than 1 year, maybe upwards 7 or so
>>
>>726113637
What do you feed him?
>>
>>726122558
You're the fucking retard, both the catss and dogs Ive had ate chocolate from time to time and they lived a long and happy life.
Eat some yourself and die fag!
>>
>>726122558
but cats are the opposite of dogs
>>
File: IMG_0063_2017.03.19_15.21.20.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0063_2017.03.19_15.21.20.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>726121486
This
>>726121766
And this.

Buzzy anon again.
Buzzy has less than NO interest in being outdoors at all ever since he was a kitten.
I've tried letting him out into the backyard (fenced-in) many times in the past 21 years and he won't go.
He is quite content to observe the outside world through a pane of glass.
He does very much enjoy killing things in the house, however.
Usually, he presents the carcass to me as "tribute" by putting it on my chest while I sleep.
While I appreciate the gesture..., I could live without it.
Also..., pic related from a few minutes ago..., he wants to play 'fetch' again.
>>
>>726122757
Chocolate! Mornings, afternoons and evenings!
Still kicking arse!
>>
>>726121391
>>726120462
Letting a cat be an outdoor cat, while living in a high traffic, densely populated area, as I previously stated, is just a bad idea. First and foremost is the danger of her running onto the highway/getting hit by a car. She does not want outside, but even if she did, in this current location it is a bad idea. Indoor cats live longer because they are far less likely to eat rotten animals and shit, catch diseases, get hurt, and be attacked. Also, there's a shit ton of homeless and shit for brains kids who would probably try to eat her if given the chance. Cats are not meant to be outdoors in the city. If you live in a rural area, and aren't afraid of a wolf or coyote, then sure. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>726122723
She still has baby teeth and isn't the most coordinated yet. The vet said younger than 2, i think somewhere around one ish.
>>
>>726122823
Are you so sure you're right you're not even going to Google it? Or would you not even believe it if multiple vets told you? Or are you so afraid to find out you could have been wrong that you'd rather get really defensive than be sure you're not poisoning your pets? It seems to me you'd have to be extremely stubborn to not even look it up, or to not believe it after doing so.
>>
File: IMG_1767.jpg (697KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1767.jpg
697KB, 1242x2208px
She is currently half asleep in my bed, so I think she is content with me.
>>
>>726123519
She does need a hair cut though. That should be fun.
>>
>>726123307
Like everything else in life, be it for humans or animals, everything with moderation otherwise it can be lethal.
Why don't YOU google it?
>>
>>726112910
>>726112390
lul yes do it OP
>>
>>726112390
she chose you, kitty is yours
>>
>>726122757
First..., this >>726123013 idiot was not me.
In answer to your question..., for the most part he eats what I eat.
That is to say, if I'm eating meat, fish, veggies, fruit..., whatever..., he has what I'm having and thrives.
I do keep cat food in the house for when I'm having pasta or something that he's not interested in..., but he has always loved 'people food'.
He is exceptionally fit, healthy, happy, active and..., like I said..., old.
>>
>>726123967
21 yrs is impressive that's why i'm asking what cat food he eats and how long has he had it. I'm asking you to recommend me cat food.
>>
>>726123519
Awwwww.....
Can Buzzy come over and play when she wakes up??
>>
>>726112390
Try to adopt her, OP.

here's my story:

We have this large property with a barn on it. I went into the barn to do some cleaning, that's when I found a tortoiseshell cat just walking around and meowing at me. This one is an American Shorthair, not a coon. So it's a little smaller than a coon. So I brought it home because it was so well behaved and her really looked prestigious. My girlfriend and I then decided to adopt her. We took her to the vet to have her spayed and neutered, and have the adoption papers set up. That's when we found out that she had already been spayed and neutered. But she didn't have a microchip implanted in her to tell us who she belong to. Which meant we were free to adopt her, even though she most likely belonged to someone else. So long story short, we found a cat that belongs to someone else, I was rummaging through our barn, we just adopted her. You should take her to the animal County, and see if she has a chip implanted in her, and if she doesn't that just adopt her, and they'll just implant it for you.
>>
>>726112822
wtf anon cats aren't afraid of the outside world unlike you
>>
>>726124220
Also, claiming that the cat is dirty is stupid. All 3 of my cats, as soon as they go outside, start rolling in the dirt.
>>
>>726123307
Buzzy is NOT amused by your nonsense.
>Pic related.
>>
>>726123611
>Like everything else in life, be it for humans or animals, everything with moderation otherwise it can be lethal.
Cyanide is not lethal in small enough quantities, and water is lethal if you ingest enough of it. That doesn't mean you can just wave away the danger of cyanide with "everything in moderation". Some things just aren't worth it.

>Why don't YOU google it?
Jesus Christ. You really are that stubborn. Why wouldn't you just want to double check?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+chocolate+poisonous+to+cats
>>
>>726124150
Nah nah, this is OP, haha that's my new stray
>>
>>726112390
she's a keeper anon.
she likes you too it seems, so the compassion would be reciprocated and mutual, as opposed to one-sided like with prior owner.
>>
>>726112895
No. It's NOT OP's cat. OP is now cat's human.
>>
Throw him tf out
>>
>>726124309
Listen faggot,

See
>>726123060

I hunt, fish and camp and shit. I like the outdoors, but in a fucking city, cats shouldn't run around. You fuckers are so dense
>>
if the cat really is a coon it will put on weight in a hurry. Mine was 1.5 pounds at 6 weeks when we found him. He's 1.5 years old now and is 20+ pounds
>>
>>726124387
Not really a stupid statement, she had black shit, like tar, stuck in her fur and she wasn't grooming herself because of all of the shit in her hair. Smelled bad too.
>>
>>726124864
Jesus man, that would be great haha
>>
>>726124745
Factual haha
>>
>>726112390
Try burning this cat using a flamethrower. If she survived, she's a form of devil. If not, well... you know.
>>
>>726124220
Did you try to find an owner? My only thing was I didn't need want to take her from a loving home, but apparently she was lacking The love, and she chose me to give It to her haha
>>
>>726124055
Oh, gotcha.
When he does eat cat food, his preference has always been this one:

https://www.9lives.com/products/wet-food/tender-morsels
Mixed 50/50 with this one:
https://www.9lives.com/products/dry-food/long-life-formula

I think it's because he likes getting the meaty/fishy stuff along with some 'crunch'.
It took some trial and error to find that out, though.
Kittehs gonna like whatever kitteh likes.
>>
>>726115376
>cats often have odd tastes.

No shit. My old cat, died about a year ago, had a thing for licking the floor after it'd been cleaned with bleach.

I had an emo cat.

Why.
>>
>>726125279
You've been feeding this since you got him?
Thanks tho
>>
>>726112390
New in thread - fuck that guy, it's your cat now. And do the cat a favor and keep it indoors.
>>
>>726123307
It's bullshit. Vets get PAID to shill that bullshit by petfood companies. I had a Welsh Springer Spaniel as a kid, from a puppy throughout his life he ate the same as the family in addition to dogfood. He lived to twenty and had a clean bill of health throughout his life. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many chocolate bars he ate. Every time we went to the beach he'd get an ice cream cone as a treat. Twenty is extremely old for a Springer.
We had an Office Cat one place I worked, born feral, adopted, fixed and looked after by almost 16 years worth of staff. Loved milk, loved cheese, loved chocolate. Again, clean bill of health until he died of old age.
>>
>>726125765
No they don't lol
>>
>>726125186
BBQ? Kitten Tika Kebab?
>>
>>726125304
Office Cat used to like licking peoples' bare elbows.
>>
>>726125987
You Indian?
>>
>>726125765
>clean bill of health until he died of old age
From one of those lying, big pharma cat food corporation shill vets! You don't know it's true unless your crystals tell you, or at least you hear it in a dream from an authoritative voice.

Since you're one of those tinfoil hat types I'm going to give up though.
>>
>>726112390
just kill it. or send to me and ill do it
>>
Not stealin, Cat chose you. You did good anon!
>>
>>726125373
Like I said, mostly he prefers to eat the same 'people food' that I am eating as long as I'm having meat/fish, veggies or fruit.
I just cut/mash up the stuff in his bowl for him.

The 9-Lives stuff is what he eats on those occasions when he does eat cat food.
The first year I had him I had to try a bunch of different brands like 'Puss-n-Boots', 'Purina', etc., and different flavors to find out what he liked and would eat, though.
>>
>>726126092
No. Just wondering why anon would want to cook a cat.
>>
>>726126186
Projecting much anon? Guilty that your cat or dog isn't getting tasty chocolate treats from time to time?
>>
>>726126357
Alright thanks
>>
>>726126405
Probably he's from Japan. You know, dog, octopus, snake... they eat whatever you feed them.
>>
>>726112390
keep it, fuck the owner. You are new owner, people don't chose the cat the cat chooses you
>>
>>726126646
Ah, that would explain it.
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.