[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you could be a genius /b/? I've been playing

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

File: relateable.jpg-large.jpg (211KB, 1602x1431px) Image search: [Google]
relateable.jpg-large.jpg
211KB, 1602x1431px
Do you think you could be a genius /b/? I've been playing w the idea myself lately and it be a fun conversation. I'm at a solid maybe myself rn.
>>
>>725489664
OP: it *could be a fun conversation. I'm also dyslexic...? I guess i'm building the case against myself
>>
>>725489664
I am a literal genius. It sucks being exponentially more capable and quick-minded than those around me. Very frustrating.
>>
>>725489664
>>725489927

genius is about success
if you think you're better than somebody, that's just narcissism
>>
>>725490249
I don't think I'm better than anyone. However, objective observations have repeatedly shown that I am far and beyond the average human when it comes to mental strength and capacity.
>>
>>725490360

pure luck
everyone has a random set of knowledge and skills
everyone excels in some area and fails in others
a farmer would think you're literally retarded for not knowing how to plant corn in the same way you would about something else
>>
File: 1488671421053.png (19KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1488671421053.png
19KB, 500x590px
>Tfw to smart to enjoy the small things in life anymore
>>
>>725489927
At least learn what "exponentially" means before claiming genius intellect. It's not a clever sounding word for "a lot".
>>
>>725490360
I'm at a similar place but I don't have a diagnosis. I've just decided to look at the facts recently and they don't exactly contradict me. And I relate to absolutely nobody.
>>
>>725490667
lol @ this "correction"
>>
>>725490596
I think genius refers to a higher level of logical ability/ high capacity to quickly learn abstract concepts
>>
>tfw I find intelligence really fucking sexy but all the grills I met seem more interrested in gathering attention.. I just want a smart loner gf fml
>>
>>725490738
You fucking retarded or something?
>>
>>725490249
Genius is about being in the top 2% of mental capabilities. Not your image of "success."
>>
>>725490738
To be "exponentially more capable and quick-minded than those around me", your mind must be growing increasingly quick and capable in comparison to others, at a more and more rapid rate. This makes no sense.
>>
>>725490919
Gfs r for betas
>>
>>725491003
What image retard? It's really frustrating when there's a retard trying to correct people about being a genius
>>
>>725491047
>>725490926

Learn to read between the lines before you start quoting dicitonary definitions hahahaha
>>
>>725491350
Why not offer a counter argument to these corrections you consider to be lolworthy. Pretending you were being cryptic is a cop out, and not an argument.
>>
>>725491180
Because success suggests that there's a common endpoint that can only be reached if someone is a "genius." Success can be attained solely through drive, and has nothing to with innate ability. Motivation is a great quality, but it's not the same.
>>
>>725491538
Words aren't restricted to formal definitions in the context of internet forums. Dictionary definitions are frequently changed over time in direct response to trends in speech. If you really live the life of a strict-prescriptive grammarian, you'll probably be having a bad time for the rest of your life. Hence: lolworthy lololololololololololololololol
>>
File: really updates your journal.png (90KB, 327x405px) Image search: [Google]
really updates your journal.png
90KB, 327x405px
>>725492008
>Dictionary definitions are frequently changed over time

>so I decided to change the definition of "exponentially"
>>
>>725492008
You won this argument. But only if you don't use the oppressive dictionary definition of the word "won"
>>
>>725492784
I think I'm ok with that
>>
>>725489664
Being a genius sucks
My teacher thought I was a savant at math till grade 7
Then I skipped school and got backed daily for 2 years. Went back and now I can't even add quickly let alone do 12th grade algebra anymore.
Bestowed with genius intellect smoke it away
Now I just want to smoke away those last few IQ points so I can go on being a retarded sheep and believe in god so I can be at peace with the unending idiocy and backwards morality that is the human race
>>
>>725493214
Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>725489927

but very frustrating aint a complete sentence jabrony, try again.
>>
>>725493214
But are you actually a genius or are you just good at math?
>>
>>725493214

A savant is someone who is otherwise stupid except in one catagory which they shine in, but i bet you watch GoT and got it there huh?
>>
I have a 134 IQ according to those BS online tests, graduated with a 4.0 from a cal state university (lol cal state), and am currently in Med school with a score of 255 on the step 1.

Everyone calls me a genius but I don't think I am. A genius is someone like Einstein or Newton who changed the world. I would be a genius if I cured cancer in stead of just treating it.
>>
I don't know exactly what the definition of "genius" is, but sometimes I think I might be one, as stupid as all the people around me are, and even the above average people don't seem to notice it the way I do.
>>
>>725489664
I am a genius; I have an IQ of 144. Most other geniuses think I am of average intelligence, and this is mainly because other geniuses are really full of themselves. They point out that I don't seem very quick-witted, when in reality I just have poor social skills and social anxiety. This makes me hesitate before I speak, therefore giving someone else enough time to respond before me.
>>
>>725493543
High ability to retain information. Maybe a high ability in just one form of intelligence is what a genius is though? idk
>>
you people seriously believe having a high IQ qualifies to be a genius?
I think it's insane to believe a human made test and especially one as simple as IQ really shows your intelligence. It only shows how good you are at taking IQ tests, and you can practice to get better at those tests just like everything else.
>>
>>725493676
OP
This is interesting. Honestly I don't want to get my IQ tested out of fear of becoming one of those people...It seems like we all agree above-average intelligence is a curse though LOL
>>
>>725493915
That's why you only take one blind test, copernicus.
>>
>>725493502
Google savant idiot
>>725493666
Satanic trips checked
>>
When i was in 7th grade, i took a test that said i scored above college level in reading and math. I also never went to school but still made high marks.

This could mean im a genius, or that i can figure out the simple patterns on the tests.

I owned my own house at 18, and at 25 i live abroad with my wife. Could mean im a genius, could mean im lucky.

Dont let a label define you, just bw who you are. As far as im concerned, im the stupidest motherfucker in the room, and thats all i want
>>
>>725493666
What concrete evidence do you have? IE: school performance, accomplishments, test scores, anything?
>>
>>725493410
Honestly I think I was just in the 99th percentile
I've got a 145 I.Q but other then politics and economics I pretty much fried any essential knowledge out of my head
>>
>>725493737

To me, a genius is a revolutionary thinker. Hawking and his black holes, Einstein, Newton, even Maxwell or Casimir.

Damn, over been reading Hawkings "The universe in a nutshell" too much. I think very highly of theoretical physicists. Perhaps I chose the wrong major.
>>
>>725494032
Glad to see at least one person in this thread managed to look away from the abyss. Good advice
>>
>>725494004
You realize how you score on that test is incredibly dependent on a whole bunch of things that can't be controlled, like how you slept (I perform insanely better at mental tasks when I'm well rested and have a good sleeping pattern), if you've been exercising, if your life is going well or if it's full of shit that taxes your mental energy.
I don't think IQ is completely irrelevant, but really I wouldn't put too much faith in it.
>>
>>725492612
>>725492784
The real winners. Or losers. Or zygotes

In a world of geniuses, words mean everything and nothing
>>
>>725494197
If the world still valued the humanities (IE: non-STEM fields) I bet I could qualify.
>>
>>725493502
Yes I watch got.
One of my last pleasures in life is running a meme page and researching fictional universe lore
>>
>>725494247
Thanks anon
>>
>>725494328
On a thread in 4chan, it shouldn't fucking matter.
>>
>>725494528
/Thead
>>
>>725494251
Maybe the fact that your test taking ability is susceptible to so many factors is proof that you aren't a genius.
>>
>>725489664
Yes I am. But the think is being smart or a genius requires you to take a serious amount of action to capitalize on it. A good amount of smart people or even geniuses are in this world. Few of them actually do something with their intelligence. I am working hard right now in order to hone my skills and further my intelligence. At the same time it does suck to be smart and on another level than other people because it makes it hard to relate to people that aren't as smart as I am sometimes. It makes it hard to enjoy the simpler things in life sometimes because of overthinking and over analyzing. Also the thing about geniuses that a lot of people don't understand is that there is many different type of genius. For example you can be exceptionally intelligent or gifted in one area of life but be incredibly retarded in other areas.
>>
>>725494753
>being this dumb
>>
>>725494983
Further my intellect **
Honestly read a dictionary every once in a while
>>
>>725494528(You)
>>725494583(You)
>>
>>725495075
idgaf haha im so good at ELA that I just use an editor when I write and it comes out top tier
>>
>>725495264
this makes me cringe
>>
>>725492008
Is this a cringe thread now?
>>
File: 2017-03-14-23-51-43.png (123KB, 479x799px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-14-23-51-43.png
123KB, 479x799px
>>725495166
>>
>>725494753
I never said I was, and I don't think I am. However I also think anyone who believes they are a genius based solely on their IQ and not because of anything they've actually achieved is retarded.
>>
>>725495701
Yeah, because you're angry that they're probably twice as smart as you and choose not to do anything with it. Some people are just nihilists, not retards.
>>
>>725495461
>is genius
>is that dumb
>>
>>725495940
Well, if you chose to believe that intelligence can be fully quantified by a simple test designed by humans, good for you. You've probably scored high on IQ test yet failed at everything else in life, which makes you mad because you feel special and don't understand the problem.
But it's okay Anon, you're just a super cool nihilist who sees through all the bullshit right?
>>
>>725496409
If it makes you feel safe to believe that the person on the other side of this thread is a failure, then go right ahead and keep thinking that. The only thing I'm doing is pointing your bullshit fallacies that keep you thinking you're somehow in the right for being a wage slave. I'm sorry that the reality of non-successful people still being able to be intelligent scares you. Try reading a book sometime.
>>
>>725490596
>everyone has a random set of knowledge and skills
just like everyone has random weight
>>
>>725496882
Pretty hilarious, I just showed you how much you were assuming by doing the same to you.
You have absolutely no idea what my life looks like, and what my goals are. But you think you're so smart you can easily guess everything based on a few comments. You really just try to rethink your approach to life.
>>
File: shit-in-bed.jpg (217KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
shit-in-bed.jpg
217KB, 800x1100px
>>725489664
I do have some more or less useful inventions, things which I've imagined and buildt. But I wouldn't go as far as to call myself a genius. I ain't even that smart. I just work hard to solve problems and approach the problems from a different angle than most people.

On the otherhand I've seen and personally known some genius/savant people whom aren't much good at anything. Their gift is simply being a good student, but being too much of a good student isn't that good because you got to break rules inorder to do something new.
>>
>>725497193
I think he meant that our capacity to learn is typically due to our genetic material, you can be smart with 2 autistic parents and you can be dumb with two doctorate parents. But the likelihood is typically predetermined
>>
>>725497504
Sorry bad example typically autistic people's reasoning centres aren't effected and parietal lobes make up for social complications
>>
>>725497370
I'm don't want to keep trying to verbally stab you in the liver have a nice life dude you seem kinda mean tbh i'm outie.
>>
>>725497675
Ok sure, I mean you were the one being very aggressive not me.
Obviously getting butthurt and running away because I exposed your retarded reasoning is how geniuses behave though, so you got that going for you.
>>
>>725489664
/thread
>>
>>725497929
before I actually leave, you changed my mind about nothing, and I still think you're a miserable slob who's only validation comes from your perceived skewering of other's capabilities. NOW i'm outie lol haveagoodone AVERAGE IQ ANON hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>725498480
>being this normie
>>
>>725498480
You made me smile :) Don't forget to KYS, special snowflake.
>>
>>725498689
>being this sad
>>
>>725498811
>being this sad
>>
>>725499217
>>725498811
>>725498689

>being this sad
>>
>>725489664
I'm a literal genius, 156 iq. I'm a fucking retard, I suck dick at everything I do, I'm a highschool drop out and I don't currently have a job. Genius means jack shit, it's all about drive and determination. Take it from me, the example of what not to be.
>>
>>725495701
>I also think anyone who believes they are a genius based solely on their IQ and not because of anything they've actually achieved is retarded.

We made the word genius, and defined it based on IQ levels. By definition being a genius rely's on IQ. But character traits are way more fucking important than having a high IQ.
>>
>>725489664
Anybody with an able mind could be a genuis if they put in the effort. Intelligence is just a skill
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.