[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /b/, How the FUCK do you deal with depression without drinking

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2219.jpg (41KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2219.jpg
41KB, 780x438px
Dear /b/,
How the FUCK do you deal with depression without drinking alcohol or using drugs?
>>
>>725225058
Listen to the first three Rollins Band albums loudly and on repeat
>>
>>725225058
Delet internet for 7 days
>>
>>725225127
Anything Rollins has done besides Black Flag is trash, let's be real.
>>
>>725225058
I DON'T, really. It just consumes my fucking soul and there isn't shit I can do about it. I'm beyond considering suicide. It's not even a matter of considering. I'm absolutely 100% certain that it's my only answer, I'm just too much of a pussy to do it.
>>
>>725225058
By killing yourself, I recommend eating a tide ball followed by a glass of bleach; simple yet effective.
>>
Violent outbursts and antisocial behavior
>>
>>725225302
Do it so I can see how it's done
>>
>>725225408
kek
>>
Warhammer 40K. Most a lot time is masturbating to /tg/.
>>
>>725225275
I always preferred Rollins Band to Black Flag, even though I like both
>>
Man up and better yourself.
>>
"Why we do what we do", YouTube. It's a Ted talk. It'll help.

But I went in and out of depression for 8 years. I'm completely out of it now. You have to make safety nets for yourself. Figure out your thinking habits, turn the negative into positive. Eventually, Everytime you think something negative, your brain will automatically switch it off and replace it with something positive.

Don't try to stay happy. Strive for being content.

Try to see failure as just another challenge.

Be kind to yourself and others.

And physical stuff, like healthy eating, drink enough water, get some sunshine, exercise.

Give yourself time when you need it without feeling guilty. Just don't waller in self pity out doubt.

And by all means, do a little bit of the "bad" stuff, too. Masterbait, smoke some pot, etc.

Kill the part of yourself you don't like. Let the real you out.
>>
Lots of twenty one pilots and getting punched in the balls.
>>
Antidepressants
>>
>>725225654
Working on it
>>
Working out and wasting money in lottery tickets believing I'll win some day
>>
Go see a therapist. It's been helping me recently. things aren't great but it's kept me from blowing my fucking brains out.
>>
File: IMG_1095.jpg (36KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1095.jpg
36KB, 640x853px
>>725225058
>without drinking alcohol or doing drugs

Ha... ha ha.... hahaha... HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHBAHAHAAHAHA

420 EVERY DAY BLAZE IT FAGGIT OR KILL YOURSELF
>>
buttsex...lot's and lot's of buttsex
>>
>>725226209
Therapy makes me homicidal feeling
>>
>>725225058
You could try killing yourself
>>
>>725225058

Find a new and creative way of presenting the world to yourself.

Yes, I'm an alcoholic. But every once in a while I have a moment during which I recognize how interesting, malleable, and inspiring the world can be. This is life. It's entirely in your control. Be thoughtful, kind, and energetic and things will get infinitely better until you die.

And you'll have some good stories to tell at the end.
>>
File: 1488488348223.jpg (63KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
1488488348223.jpg
63KB, 500x626px
The world is shit. Take it in your stride and stop giving a fuck.

Honestly its all about your frame of mind, before you go to sleep, and getting enough sleep. Go to sleep thinking positively. Even if its small, little petty happy things. Think of a good view, or something you ate, something you laughed at etc etc.

You won't ever make yourself get past depression, unless you change your way of thinking about the world. The hard part is either understanding the meta behind how you come to think what you think, and then to proactively attempt to shame that. Or its wanting to leave depression. So long as you have basics(you have an internet connection... you have the basics), then its temping to fall into depression as a caveman without the need to go out hunting would likely not... and eventually they'd get depressed.

Depression is a natural instinct, gone awry. Attempt to set yourself small tasks on a piece of paper when you wake up. Write down positives before you go to sleep. If you ever want to cry or get angry, then do. When leaving depression you will be reactivating parts of your mind you previously weren't using and are prone to higher emotionality than normal.

If you aren't willing to do any of that shit, then I recommend firstly shotguns, secondly skyscrapers and thirdly trains. Taking chemicals is a myth and either a bystander will hear your screams of agony, while you slowly die to an hour... or you slowly die for an hour.
Seriously, do research into depression, via reading a book or two. If you aren't willing to commit to that, then just get it over with.
>>
>>725226368
Do it first faggot
>>
>>725226549
First legit advice. Congrats.
>>
>>725226549
Thanks for not being a faggot, anon.
>>
>>725225058

Is OP the cuck gone wrong faggot from yesterday?
>>
File: 1476514304945.png (45KB, 887x526px) Image search: [Google]
1476514304945.png
45KB, 887x526px
>>725225058
Sorry, Anon. There's no escape whatsoever. You've gone too far down the rabbit hole, never to be seen again. Time to join us and drown in an endless cylindrical sea of toxicity. Seek solace in, and immerse yourself in an ocean of alcohol as it's all that there's left to ease your disease of the mind, so you'll find.
>>
>>725227032
Negative. I wasn't even on here yesterday.
>>
>>725225058
Legit never leave the escapist oasis of vidya except to go to work and take care of normie shit
>>
>>725227164
Which do you recommend?
>>
Anyone else feel too depressed to get fucked up? no energy to deal with an inebriated state or just me?
>>
>>725225058

Alcohol just makes depression worse, anon.

I used to play a lot of vidya to combat my crippling depression... the immersion in an alternate reality seemed to help.

Also, getting older seems to have taken the edge off it.

YMMV
>>
>>725225058
>How the FUCK do you deal with depression without drinking alcohol or using drugs?

6 years sober. I take prescribed meds Effexor / Wellbutrin. I don't think I could have ever gotten clean/sober without being on meds.

Once I got my meds right, my life began to slowly spiral upwards. as I accomplished things, I started to gain confidence, feel better about myself, so was able to get more things done etc.

I still struggle with depression, but it is light years better than it used to be.
>>
>>725227539
The reason why I don't get fucked up is because it's essentially artificial happiness. I'd rather be depressed than drink or do drugs because it'd just be ignoring the problem.
>>
>>725227626
>Also, getting older seems to have taken the edge off it.

this for sure.
>>
File: IMG_0714.jpg (68KB, 630x748px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0714.jpg
68KB, 630x748px
>>725227323
I mean taste is pretty subjective. If you aren't already into video games I would recommend anything that has an immersive open world that allows you to really dive into the experience whatever the genre

There's been a lot of advice on how to change your perspective, but that doesn't work for everyone. Sometimes it's just easier to overlay it with a temporary fabrication you find more pleasing to give your mind a barrier and time to recover from the hellish reality we sometimes find ourselves in

It works for me, but at the same time I've completely given up on resculpting the way I perceive and interact with the world around me
>>
File: 666.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
WOKE AS PHUCC
>>
Travelling, hitchiking go do something real. Wake up, work(if you have one), eat, sleep repeat until death is a weight on our shoulders. Do things you never thought you could do. Find who you really are anon.
>>
>>725227898
>>725227626
I'm not OP but it gets worse the older I get. I'm 36 now and it's overwhelming.
>>
>>725228225
Why do you think it's gotten worse for you?
>>
>>725225058
Hey OP, real psych student here,
All "kys" memes aside, if you can afford it, talk to a counselor or a doctor, while you may be against prescriptions, they really can help, Ive been off and on them my entire life. Also just occupying your spare time with a new hobby. The less time you spend brooding, the more you can experience life
>>
Most of the antidepressant meds are shit and make it hard to get a boner. I've tried tons of them. Go natural bro, ashwagandha root, passion flower and lemon balm should be your best friends.
>>
Kratom
>>
File: 1445493192641.jpg (32KB, 499x664px) Image search: [Google]
1445493192641.jpg
32KB, 499x664px
>>725225058
I use drugs, and ocassionally drink.

Seriously. I got antidepressants that actually work after trying for more than a decade. It's wonderful. I feel like myself again, the only shame being the stagnation I allowed in my life for so long has left me far older than I should be for where I am in my life.

I smoke weed for fun now, instead of as a half-assed medicine to not jump from a bridge and enjoy my downtime.

I also don't find myself drinking to excess nearly as much, though I'm nursing some beers now as I watch some sci-fi.

Life still kinda sucks, but it's getting better minute by minute fam. Don't rule anything out. I thought it was hopeless as well until a month or so ago.

Have the most beautiful pair of breasts I've ever seen as incentive. That goes for all of you faggots wrestling with depression here. Much love.
>>
When I got depressed I think that I am part of a universe and I got the chance to enjoy the little things of being alive, wind, water, my family and some friends that I love. I think only that is enough to be happy.
Be awake that you are part of nature and a whole infinite universe is relaxing.
>>
>>725225058
vigirous masterbation
>>
No idea anon. I guess I just have to keep going for my family and friends and such. No choice to quit and I've developed the personality trait of forcing through each painful day at my own expense. God damn I want to die. Let's hope my heart stops tonight in my sleep.
>>
Clearest way - therapy. Figure out why you get depressed with someone you trust (therapist) and work from there.
It's not easy and it takes a lot of time, but once you find the right type of therapy and a therapist that works for you, it's priceless.
Second way is through prescription drugs - but this is a bandaid. Yes, if you go through all the proper testing SSRIs help. However, in my experience the side effects simply aren't worth it.
Both of which can be inexpensive through state and federal programs - my therapist is $20 a session and my medication (which I tapered off) was free. Finding these programs is also a chore, but it's worth it IMO.
>>
>>725225058
be too poor to afford it
or, if you want to save money
think you're too poor and leave your money in the bank while you sulk online
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.