[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What really created the universe? Are we too quick to rule out

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3079.jpg (340KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3079.jpg
340KB, 1680x945px
What really created the universe? Are we too quick to rule out creationism entirely? By creationism, I don't mean in a religious sense, but more of like how a programmer creates some software sense. How do you think the universe was born?
>>
nothing is real
>>
>>725105862
If intelligent design was a thing, I feel like we would have had some contact by now.

Kind of want to believe that it's true though.
>>
>>725105862

God was bored. God split himself up into a zillion different things. Into the bread into the wine... into you...

Still bored? Perhaps happiness is just an illusion.
>>
>>725105862
It will never be understood. People who care about the creation of the universe are mongoloids
>>
>>725105862
someone will have a scientific answer. i dont though. for now we will wait together and find out
>>
literally nobody knows, or has real proof to back up what they believe. Think whatever you want.
>>
>>725106293
It's a speculation thread. Post your theories faggot obviously no one knows for certain.
>>
>>725106293
A goddess loli farted the universe out.
This theory could be just as correct as anything else.
>>
>>725106376
O ok then. I think the universe came into being so I could type this: OP is a fag.
>>
>>725106599
Whatever cunt. I think the universe exists so I can fuck your moms asshole with my BBC bitch.
>>
>>725106376
this
>>
maybe the universe never really was created. it's possible to look at objects within the universe and say "hey, look, there's something" and talk about that objects origin etc.. but doing the same kind of thought on the universe is a big jump so far
>>
Anyone else think the Big Bang theory is fucked? Apparently before the universe there was nothing. What the fuck does nothing look like and how did literally nothing suddenly create the universe?
>>
>>725106692
Nobody cares about your British Broadcasting Center, you pleb.
>>
>>725105862
Sure people on 4chan know the answer. Kek
>>
Assimoov. T he GUniveral AC
>>
>>725107287
Self deprecation only goes so far anon.
>>
>>725105862
Our world is actually a big Sim City style game. At some point the player is going to be told to stop playing games and come to dinner. He won't, so dad will come in and shut the system off and we'll be gone. It's sad, really.
>>
>>725107287
But 4chan caught the Boston bomber!
>we did it 4chan!
>>
>>725105862
It just exists.
Think of it in a dualistic sense, as soon as you are born, you are as good as dead, because since time is a human made concept, in this one huge singular moment are both born and dead.
With that said, there exists nothing (which we cannot ever comprehend the true concept of nothing) and this, we are the opposite side of the coin to nothing.
People tend to refute it with how things are laid out, or some great phenomenon, but thats our nature pinning some type of meaning to it, just as the animals nature's compel it to act a certain way, we are all automata.
>>
>>725105862
>The point isn't to understand the universe and our place within it
>The point is to accept our position in it
>We will all be born, to live, suffer, rejoice, weep, laugh, and eventually die
>Seeking the impossible answers will not bring you peace of mind
>only accepting these truths will
>>
>>725107624
That's actually a pretty good analogy. We're unable to grasp the complete nature of the universe just as most animals can't grasp the concept of say, a language.
>>
>>725106784
this
>>
It had to be some way, and this turned out to be the way it was. That's the bottom fucking line. It's this way for the same reason 2+2=4. It just is.
>>
>>725106962
>Nothing created the universe
>Nothing
>No thing
As in, there was a lack of "thing," basically, something that can be defined or referred to, and that lack of "thing," suddenly condensed into a form that could be defined, inevitably collapsing from the infinitude of its weight (naked singularity) thus giving birth to a 3.5 dimensional world of matter. I say 3.5 dimensions because we technically exist in the fourth dimension, but we are 3-D creatures because we can observe time's line but can only move in one direction of said line (so far) being made up of positive matter, which is moving forward in time, as opposed to anti-matter, which is moving in the other direction on the line.
Study the various string theories and related quantum inquiries, and know a little bit of math and then come to your own conclusions. When other dimensions come into play miracles on the third dimension certainly seem possible from our point of view.
>>
>>725105862
With enough intelligence, it just becomes what is. How things are and how someone would logically design them if there were a designer start to look like the same thing. The question becomes arbitrary because whether there was or there wasn't, both scenarios would have had to develop the exact same shit. The designer becomes unnecessary and intelligence becomes creation.
>>
>>725108347
>as opposed to anti-matter, which is moving in the other direction on the line

antimatter =/= dark matter, at least not necessarily
>>
>>725107624
New-agey psychobabble tripe that doesn't understand a lick of quantum physics.
>time is a human made concept
Explain changes in objects over said time
>cannot comprehend nothing
Literally, no thing. As in, not something directly observable to our 3-D lenses.
>refute it with how things are laid out or some great phenomena
Yeah, that's called the definition of science.
>we are all automata
Then describe people's ability to quit bad habits or do things that act in contradiction to their innate "setting"
>>725107943
>point isn't to understand the universe or our place
implying there is a point to anything or that there even needs to be
>accepting our position in it
1. Doesn't that mean the same thing as understanding your place in it?
2. Oh, so we should just de-fund NASA and go back to living in mud huts with nature?
>>
>>725109007
>go on 4chan
>lecture people about not knowing quantum physics
Happy Friday everybody!
>>
I accidentally created it during a DMT trip.
>>
>>725109007
>Oh, so we should just de-fund NASA
Yes. when the guy who's job it was to re-glue shuttle tiles on got fired we saved so much fucking money. NASA was never meant to be a space program except as a cover for covert ops.
>>
>>725109007
But anon how could we ever understand anything when we label things using man made semantics which have no real meaning outside of our species.
Should the epitome of what everything is only be limited to what one species on this particular planet labels is and isn't? Is the Physicist the epitome? Perhaps the homeless man? Are the endeavors and work you put into your life for it to eventually come to a screeching halt the ultimate goal?
>>
>>725105862
You created it.

When you die.

It does.

And is reborn.

You live again.

Deja Vu
>>
>>725109007
>Explain changes in objects over said time.

>Then describe people's ability to quit bad habits or do things that act in contradiction to their innate "setting"

Human perceived flow of time is made up. The universe is a flip book where everything has happened and it doesn't care which direction or speed you flip it.

People are complex automatons, the same way your computer can react differently to a file depending on which update it got. There is no free will and realistically very little choice overall. Think of the things you like (such as science). Was there any choice whatsoever in that or can you just not help it?
>>
>>725106599
>just so I could type this
... and then I looked up into the night sky and the stars were going out one by one ...
>>
I created this universe so long ago...
>>
>>725110058

Nonsense.

Grow up.
>>
>>725110965
I have no choice but to.
>>
File: MYSTERIOUS-STRANGER-7.jpg (209KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
MYSTERIOUS-STRANGER-7.jpg
209KB, 728x409px
There is no universe. Nothing exists save for darkness and you. And you are but a thought.
>>
File: 180px-Toad_SMRPG-1-.png (43KB, 168x236px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Toad_SMRPG-1-.png
43KB, 168x236px
You are not but a dream.
A dream, from which, you will never awaken.
The darkness dreams, for it is ever sleeping.
>>
>>725111187
That's
"Nothing exists save empty space and you."
>>
>>725110058
>Humans' perception of time is made up
Even if this is in fact the case, it still doesn't account for why there is objective changes in matter and in particles over time. We are merely observing the universe's workings. While it may be true that consciousness can affect reality in some indeterminate ways, objective truths have stayed the same for centuries. Also, entropy. You could say this is gravity, but then gravity's attraction is based in time too. We are merely a point on a line which is the fourth dimension, a line which we perceive as time. While in the fourth dimension, all these things may appear to be happening at once, since these lines overlap to form coherent objects (tesseracts and the like), but in our dimension the truth is that it is in fact a series of things happening since we do not exist at all points in that timeline EXCEPT within our own perception.

>Very little choice of free will
I would say that in the things I am interested in there in fact was a lot of choice. Sure, some of the the traits that formed my like/dislike for certain things may be passed down genetically and I may have a predisposition for those things. But our ability to act contrary to our own programming is arguably the definition of free will. And yes, if robots were capable of this, they would be sentient. And even if it were a glitch in the matrix so to speak, it would still be MANUFACTURED in such a way that it is an option taken in contrary to innate settings.
>>
>>725105862
Newton's flaming laser sword
>>
File: FotorCreated.jpg (335KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
FotorCreated.jpg
335KB, 2560x1440px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg3PJumqw_c
>>
>>725108632
I'm more referring to the hypothesis that the lack of said anti matter in a natural setting very logically seems to describe an anti-time correlation. This, of course does not necessarily confirm said correlation, but the fact that it is the same collections of particles, but reversed in every way, and unnatural in our "forward," direction of time seem to demonstrate this.
>>
>>725105862
God literally programmed the universe like a programmer would, and yes religion is tied to that if you like it or not. How do you think Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes to feed over 5000 people? He is the administrator or developer and has the world builder tools. That's also how he was able to calm the wind, and resurrect after 3 days. Buddha was probably another admin, it's all just a simulation.

Think of it as some magical creation
or think of it as computer simulation
they both require a designer, a programmer.
someone who existed before us and made us.

the rules of this simulation may not be the same rules our programmer lives by in his reality. So we can't ask "What made God" that's purely a concept which was programmed into this realm. We are too limited here to understand it.
>>
Death is when the darkness awakens. Then there is nothing.
>>
>>725106079
What are you on, anon?
And what the fuck are you on about?
>>
What's funny is that I strictly have no power over you, I birthed this universe, but i'm powerless here...
>>
>>725112033
>Also, entropy.
There is no reason this couldn't be equally just backward. A net decrease in entropy would be the truth from a backwards time perspective human (or a fish that moved toward your hand as you started to grab it). In some ways the universe is less entropic now than before. Instead of being this giant cloud of enormously hot Hydrogen gas, everything is sorted out into nice neat balls layered in material order. Entropy is not absolute.

> but then gravity's attraction is based in time too
a static system can have a constant tension. for gravity, that would be a certain value per universal frame, but it doesn't mandate the rate of flipping

I think we'll have to continue to disagree about the free will stuff. I maintain that no matter which choice you end up choosing, it is just the final consequence of the accumulated effects of a complex mechanism.
>>
>>725112822
You can play The Sims and make hundreds of characters that go about their lives, you can speed up their time so that to you a day feels like a second, you could watch it and not interfere in anyway but you are not powerless, you simply choose to watch.

we are an advanced form of "The Sims" with conscious awareness. programmed by a superior being who can see beyond our 3 dimensions, because this simulation is programmed with limits much like Pac-Man is limited by his programming.

The thing I would like to know though is, can we exist outside of this simulation? Do we have a body "Out there" outside of it? maybe that is heaven.
>>
File: b30gu81.jpg (63KB, 666x400px) Image search: [Google]
b30gu81.jpg
63KB, 666x400px
>>725112822
>>
>>725105862
God fucked up on this version of the Universe Sims, but Jesus saw potential and took over so here we are.
>>
Sad little things. They actually believe that they exist. They will try to rationalize it in any way they can. One day, they will die.
>>
>>725112320
so were there more of them at the end of our universe or something? I'm having trouble seeing why you say anti matter isn't there. Having some conflict with our timeline doesn't seem like it would prevent them from existing.
>>
>>725113491
Existence is relevant to perspective you exist as much as you want to.
>>
>>725113491
I garuntee if I hit you with a hammer you would say that hammer existed.
>>
>>725113718
You will believe that you exist. Then you will exhale.
>>
>>725113194
Ok god, how about letting the Sims try to guess a little before you give us all the answers. (jk)

But seriously stop making up heaven. It makes less sense to do so. The notion of heaven was invented for judgement. It would be stupid for a creator to judge you in a whole other world that you couldn't comprehend and never had any part of. You, in creating something (this heaven) from nothing, have eliminated the need for a creator, just like our universe.
>>
Like I said. This is a computer simulation with set rules specified by the programmer, the programmer does not live by the same rules we do because it is outside of the simulation. Time, space, quantum this and that, matter and anti-matter, these are all "Scientific" understandings which exist inside this simulation but not necessarily outside of it. We cannot begin to fathom what created us because we were not programmed with the same set of rules and laws as our creator.

who knows what happens when we die, do we see our programmer? do we get erased? do we go on to another simulation or level of the simulation? it's possible we are trapped for eternity inside a simulation and will never escape it.
>>
>>725113863
I garauntee that you will die.
>>
>>725113907
heaven may be nothing more but another level of this simulation. Who knows the rules this programmer set? One day we all die, and we will either find out, or not. depends if we are conscious or not after "death" in this simulation.
>>
>>725113929
Since we don't play by the same rules there is no 'when' we die. It would be senseless to say that THEN we see our creator. Instantly absorbed into the all-knowing ether or something makes sense, to say there is an outside would not be consistent with what we base what we know off of. Its just like imagining that you have an invincible tank or something, you can imagine whatever suits your fancy, but just drawing a mild parallel doesn't make it even a little feasible.
>>
Why is everything getting so Matrixy'.
>>
>>725114065
Right, but there are huge problems with all the can't-rule-it-out style arguments. It should always be on the board of possibilities, yes. But what you aren't seeing is just how BIG a board of possibilities it is. People will instantly latch onto it and go around telling other people to spend their whole lives on their knees in church. If there is no form of heaven (just one of a million possibilities), then you will have wasted your entire existence.
>>
The end of heat death causes everything to contracts into a single point faster than light which then causes a big bang.
>>
Lets all go to heaven.
>>
>>725114494
How great is your love for Trinity?
>>
Infinite simulations isn't possible as each simulation would be slightly slower than the previous.
>>
>>725114747
black holes don't big bang from what i can see.
>>
>>725114886
not sure how i feel about this one.
>>
>>725114894
Hawking radiation, black holes slowly evaporate and when they get to a certain size they boom.
>>
I'm high as fuck, y'all are making me think so deeply into existence.

Does our "consciousness" or whatever it actually is, exist after the death of our body? Are we then "reborn" into another body? Or do "we" just cease to exist?
>>
>>725115305
No.
>>
>>725115272
There is always delays in simulations, this is why an emulator requires a far faster computer.
>>
>>725114886
Elaborate.
>>
>>725115305

stay away from the light after u die to release urself from bondage
>>
>>725115280
they destabilize, not big bang
also not a single black hole could have sent off hawking radiation yet.
>>
>>725105862
Creationism causes heart disease
>>
>>725114791
I wish I could love her. Unfortunately she looks like a vampire on meth.
>>
>>725115439
we can always simulate faster than our world, is that just because we aren't mimicking every single component?

also, who's to say the first uni isn't infinite?
>>
>>725115657
The first sentence sounded so poetic. then shae quaifed
>>
>>725115481
Where to start.....
>>
>>725115837

start at the beginning, make your way to the middle, and finish at the end.

stop being a mystery fag, explain, or GTFO
>>
>>725115305
don't say ceased, you just start to un-exist (more accurate)
>>
>>725115700
>>725115481

It takes a super computer weeks to simulate protein folding.

The issue is nothing can communicate as fast as light. So any time something interacts with each other it will be slower then light.
So even using photon transistors you would still have an inherent delay.

You can get around this by speeding up the speed of light in your simulation. BUT, this would lead to each iteration of the simulation to slowly creep towards infinity for light speed.
>>
>>725115940
>>725115940
So that is to say the process of "death" of our consciousness is affected by time rather than be instantaneous?
>>
>>725116508
I don't think I need to actually simulate the whole path of the light at all do I? So this would mean that I could run the calculation for one particle trajectory, then move onto the next without actually keeping my particle tied up right? If my universe was more compact than my simulation this sounds like return on my investment or at least faster-than-my-universe sim speeds for the same size.
>>
>>725116951
no, it just means that you've instantly begun your new journey of not existing. just like before you were born.
>>
>>725106058
well, why does the creator also have to be the controller in all these narratives? Couldn't he have just created a system that runs autonomously?
>>
>>725115519
The collapse of the universe when everything becomes a bose einstein condensate due to the heat death of the universe.
This causes the universe to collapse into a singularity before exploding out.

>I am way too high to explain this better.
>Vibrations, entropy, blah blah blah.
>>
>>725117481
still don't know what makes this particular singularity think it can just explode out and such; but i get the principle.
>>
>>725117235
You can't make those kind of shortcuts. Imagine if that was the case with our univse... I mean simulation...

We would totally figured out light wasn't completely simulated.

>But the collapse of the waveform, cat is dead/alive, mumbjumbo.

No, just fucking no. Things are in one place, not a distribution of "I don't understand it so it somewhere around here. Probably."
>>
>>725106962
Another logic hole in this is that "nothing" can't exist.
>>
>>725117659
The sudden collapse inwards faster then light.
Going faster then light imparts enough energy to the vacuum energy field that particles form and prevents the singularity from stabilizing.

>Similar to how Hawking radiation uses the vacuum field.
>>
>>725118228
now that's starting to make some sense. thanks
>>
>>725118527
Sorry I am high, tired and been thinking in terms of pilot wave theory too much.
>>
>>725118831
I am being serious about the sense part though. I could see how an internal splitting of matter due to expansions could make a shit tun of effective event horizons going smaller and smaller. Then all of those radiate and expand space between everything. Don't know how accurate it is, but i at least could see it.
>>
>>725106962

I don't think you understand the Big Bang theory. The universe prior to the Big Bang was in a highly condensed state. The Big Bang was a singularity in that it represented an event horizon that cannot be causally observed beyond. In other words, whatever physics and events that occurred prior to the Big Bang has no relevance on what came after. All causal events which bring us to the present day began in that moment. People confuse this description with "nothing" because it is generally too complicated for the layman to understand.
>>
All you religious fucktards, rapid expansion. The big bang. More proof to this than your invisible man creating everything.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.