[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you faggots around for the Rodney King Riots? Got any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: rkr.jpg (612KB, 1419x876px) Image search: [Google]
rkr.jpg
612KB, 1419x876px
Any of you faggots around for the Rodney King Riots?

Got any stories? I was only 1 when they happened, I wish I was old enough to remember them.

Anyone live in any of the areas affected by the riots? Please come in and share your stories
>>
>>724867090
I was around but I don't think I saw much of anything for news/media. Nowhere near LA. Got the based roof koreans out of it though and their subsequent arrest by fucking pig cops.
>>
>>724867090
Shits went down like rodney king tryna swim
>>
>>724867090
i was 14, i think, didn't give a fuck then and still don't.
>>
Watched it all live on CNN at the time. Saw them pull Reginald Denny from his truck and beat the everloving snot out of him.

Saw them burn their own neighborhoods and act like animals. Typical.
>>
File: roofkoreans.jpg (41KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
roofkoreans.jpg
41KB, 600x466px
>>724867090

Based Roof Koreans were Based

Gooks stood their ground against the nigger hoards and saved their businesses.

The cops bailed on the city and it was TOTAL FUCKING ANARCHY for days. Nothing but niggers running the show.

But the fucking Koreans held back the black tide.

Much respect for those little fuckers
>>
>>724867090
April 1992
There was a riot on the streets, tell me where were you.
You were sittin home watchin your tv. While i was participating in some anarchy .
First stop i hitted was my music shop
>>
File: RoofKoreans2.jpg (88KB, 935x615px)
RoofKoreans2.jpg
88KB, 935x615px
>>724868506

KOREANS
>>
>>724867808
how did you feel about it? your friends? parents? was it something talked about a lot in school or work?

>>724867874
lmao good answer, got any stories though or was the whole thing a big blur?

>>724868188
yeah it's stuff like this that really makes me not sympathize with BLM or poor and oppressed people.

sure not all of them are bad, but they proved that an alarming number of them pretend to give a shit when they really don't, and just use things like this to further their greed and then turn around and play victim. i feel bad for the actual poor people who suffered losing their businesses or jobs because of these people not knowing how to act, or simply just not giving a shit.

>>724868506
>>724868621
I'm fine with this turning into a BASED roof Korean thread

they're one of the main reasons I got interested in the riots

post more Ks pls
>>
>>724868600
It only took one brick to make that window drop. Finally we got our own p.a.
Where do you think I got this guitar that you're hearing today?
>>
You know what they say:
How do you avoid getting to an irrational ignorant understanding of a historical event?
CONTEXT CONTEXT CONTEXT!
>>
>>724868800
I didn't feel a damn thing, dunno if my parents cared or what. Wasn't important anywhere but west coast. I grew up in like a 70% black city in the 1980s crime wave. Not exactly surprising to anyone.

We got a bunch of vietnamese and koreans here though, maybe someday they will take to the rooftops to protect this city.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>724868911
>68911
>911
>>
>>724868800
>was the whole thing a big blur?
was jr high man, smoking pot and drinking beer in the wood with friends, i don't remember much that would be interesting to people that weren't there.
>>
>>724868600
>>724868817
you were out there during the riots? tell me more man, what'd you take, why'd you take it what did you feel

did you hit up spots with friends or was it kinda a free for all and you took advantage of it?

what were people like out there? were they helping people steal or were they all fighting over every little thing?did everyone turn into a thief, like even the sweet old lady next door or the family down the street, stuff like that.
>>
>>724868800
There's multiple videos of them on youtube, you retarded autist.

They just barricaded their stores with cars and furniture and sat on their roofs with guns while literally zero people approached to loot them.
>>
>>724869110
Where do you live?
>>
>>724869110
were do you live? sounds like you live in Chicago, or Detroit, or somewhere in the midwest.

I feel like the Koreans would, but the Vietnamese would probably join in the looting, or fuck off and try not to get their shit stolen.
>>
>>724869327
Saint Louis area. Not ferguson, but close enough.
>>
>>724868911

(((911)))
>>
>>724869135
I feel you, I wasn't old enough then so I figured it was a topic that everyone was talking about at the time, kinda like how 9/11 was for people here in new york
>>
>>724869283
I'm watching some you stupid faggot, but I still want to know what it was like for people who experienced it firsthand
>>
I was... 10? In Redondo Beach at the time. None of the shit came down that way but we could see the news choppers circling a few miles to the north and there were a few fires going for what was, now that I think about it, a disturbingly long time.

Roof Koreans got shat on in the local papers. That said, public opinion was almost unanimously for them. I caught an endless amount of shit for being Asian (Burmese), friends asking to borrow my gat and if I could make introductions.

The riots were the first time my dad taught me how to field strip a sidearm.
>>
>>724869417
Funny, never really thought that out there would have a crime wave, but it was the 80s so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>724869959
it was the same crack that was going around everywhere else.
>>
>>724868621
Lethal Weapon: Korea
>>
>>724870204
That's the version where none of them is black
>>
>>724869592
maybe for my parents, and they are approaching 60, /b/ might not be the best place for this discussion.
>>
>>724869812
It would've been cool to see the fires in the distance, kinda like a movie.

Lmao but you actually did have guns, why didn't you lend a hand to your asian brothers out in LA?
>>
>>724870204
I'd watch the shit out of that
>>
>>724870307
Well I'd like to think that /b/ has at least a couple of people old enough to give better insight into the riots

But I guess we're all just fucking babies
>>
My dad went out to get a car battery while my mom was pregnant with me. That's how you provide for a family
>>
>>724870522
dude i'm 37, like i said, /b/ might not be the best place.
>>
>>724870716
He was probably trying to get killed to get out of having to raise an autist.
>>
>>724868506

Maybe that fat N. Korean is onto something about this?

Need more Koreans and Asians, they know what's good.
>>
>>724867090
Well i live in Paris and i am an anarchist. Take part in riots. Ama
>>
>>724872007
What's the most damage you personally have done and how much fun in general is rioting?
>>
>>724870204
Do you reckon they'd still use a Chinese villain in number 4?
>>
File: 1486698941174.gif (417KB, 250x138px)
1486698941174.gif
417KB, 250x138px
>>724869173
>>724872007

It's scary to think people look forward to anarchy and riots for getting their kicks off.
>>
>>724872155
Threw a big rock on the head of a cop, that broke his helmet, breaking some atms
>>
>>724872351
Its ou way to make our voice heard
>>
File: oh come on.gif (1011KB, 200x217px)
oh come on.gif
1011KB, 200x217px
>>724869173
>>724872351
Oh come the fuck on. I wasn't even familiar with the song and I could still tell they were song lyrics.
Fucking speds.
>>
>>724872351
>>724872650
Meh, voice. There's worse things than anarchy and riots, like no anarchy or riots against people who got them coming.
>>
Guy I work withs older brother stole a car and crashed it into Circuit City.

My dad said he bought a stolen tv from one of his friends that went looting
>>
>>724867090
I lived in northern orange county, so right next to LA. We saw absolutely none of it.
>>
>>724867090
I was in the police academy when the verdict came out. The only time those cocksucking Drill instructors layed off for a minute, just to tell us about it . Good times
>>
>>724872869
the thing about anarchy and riots is, idiots that think they are entitled to something for being "oppressed" believe that there should be anarchy and riots.
get a job you leach of society.
>>
>>724874225

Especially here in the US, where everyone wants in, to get that sweet sweet prosperity.
>>
>>724874225
Yeah but people who are so worried about THE OFFICE and OH NO WHAT WILL THE NEIGHBORS SAY don't do shit even when its coming. Riots are pretty much guaranteed to ruin whatever fuckin place you riot in, but thankfully it's usually already some shithole with basically no law and order anyway.

It makes me smile knowing the facade of some idyllic american dream type life is cracking.
>>
File: 1459621531914.png (94KB, 281x301px)
1459621531914.png
94KB, 281x301px
ITT dumb boomer faggots bitch about not getting the respect their age ENTITLES them to unironically

>tfw you're not asking for free handouts because you have taxes withheld from the paycheck you get from your job too just like everyone else
>>
>>724868600
sublime!!!
>>
File: 1486700650599.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1486700650599.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>724874601

Please just go to China, so your glorified Commie wet dreams will come true.

The American Dream is one of prosperity and personal property ownership, sounds like you're just jealous of people who worked to get where they are. (There are people who come from 3rd world shit holes, get no Affirmative Action, no help, and become wealthy and happy)

This coming from someone who works for a living.
>>
>>724873398
Same. In Coastal OC, had just moved that week from Texas. Saw it on TV, was absolutely not going to LA. Was a free for all for days. Cops were nowhere, looting was everywhere...pattern was to break / drive into a storefront, 1000 people run in and steal everything (carrying TVs in wagons, shit wrapped up in sheets, whatever would carry anything), then set it on fire. Roof Koreans were only counterforce until the National Guard got involved. If you go to So. Central, you can still see newer shopping centers built where the burned ones were. They called it an uprising, but was not political, it was free stuff. Once cops got back in force, they arrested some based on having piles of old crappy furniture, TVs, etc. in the front yard after being replaced with the new stolen shit.
>>
>>724875287
I don't really give a fuck about people that work, people that don't work for a living but get all the power? Yeah, kinda fuck them. People that work for a living taking power from poor people that work for a living? They're in for some molotov'ing.
>>
File: 1487923174424s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1487923174424s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
i saw some crazy shit. ill share my story because why not
>shit ton of people rob a huge department store
>burning cars and shit outside
>cops show up
>corner everyone near the door
>bricks/rocks/anything being thrown at police
>tear gas deployed but most are just thrown back
>riot police charge
>nigger gets out from the crowd and runs at cops
>probably thinking people would join him
>nope.gif
>cop smacks him across face with baton
>blood and teeth go everywhere
believe me when i say it looked fucking glorious
>everyone retreats into dep. store and cops follow
i myself bailed out through the back and went home, but from what i heard the cops made it like a quarter of the way through the store before someone started a fire and everyone ditched. shit was cash.
>>
>>724869173
you fuckin faggot those are song lyrics fucking newfag
>>
>>724867090

I remember watching on TV some dude get pulled out of his truck and beaten half to death. All I thought was "goddamn, step on the fucking gas. They're on foot, you're in a truck. I see a way outta this."
>>
>>724875806
hahaha funny original +1 gbp for you anon!
>>
>>724875991

Ah, a fellow Hicks fan. The gbp gave it away.
>>
Fuck the trolling: This era was so prime...off the heels of the talk show boom--Geraldo, Oprah, Donahue...Morton FUCKING Downey Jr.....everything was trending so tabloid, except the news. You had CNN leading the cable circuit, and then the traditionals. Court TV was just coming up...the whole thing was just a whirlwind--the OJ trial, LA Riots, and then the 24-hour news cycle began...just like how "BREAKING NEWS" and bottom scrolling news-feeds were born after 9-11.

Motherfuckers at home had VHS tapes set to SLP and switched out, just because someone could catch a brick to the head on live TV or some shit...everything now is so well orchestrated. Back then it was pretty chaotic. Meanwhile, oddballs were getting crazy on the public access side--check this shit out:

THIS HAPPENED around the same time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmoSCFYTFqI

For or against it...I'm glad IT'S ON TAPE!!! FUCK YEAHHH!!!
>>
>>724875505

>people that don't work for a living but get all the power? Yeah, kinda fuck them. People that work for a living taking power from poor people that work for a living?

Who are these people by the way, or group.

It sounds very close to Antifa propaganda, at least towards their views on economic and personal wealth views of others?

If, people don't work and get all the power, then both Hillary would be at the top of the list, followed by Trump (although be it Trump owns a business, he is at the top, and could be argued that he does not work at all).
>>
>>724875325
Roof Koreans were only on small strip centers holding their families' businesses, not that many...they got attention because they were essentially the only people who would stand up and say FUCK YOU to the rioters. They got shit for being vigilantes and the cops were afraid of open watfare, but the Koreans were right....their little liquor stores and shit would have been goners.
>>
>>724876251
They're definitely top of the list buddy. Corrupt cops are also the most visible (to poor people) group that gonna get it. Ferguson nearly blew the fuck up cause of how corrupt that whole region is.

Bankers are pretty fuckin tough too, but til you have an alternative currency they can't fix not much you can do about that without straight up killing yourself.
>>
My grandpa actually tried to go into work (construction) but obviously they were not doing business at the time. He went to a Denny's to get some coffee and there were a shit ton of cops in there chilling, and they were wondering why the fuck my grandpa would even come out there.
>>
>>724876548
>They got shit for being vigilantes
What alternative did they have? Just let the dindus ruin their livelihoods?
>>
>>724877333
Well they coulda gone at the cops, too. I mean they shouldn't have, probly. But they were the worst cops in the history of policing.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.