[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm afraid to leave my house. I don't know if I have

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 1488138767473.jpg (743KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488138767473.jpg
743KB, 1920x1080px
I'm afraid to leave my house.
I don't know if I have social anxiety, depression, or what it is, but the thought of going outside horrifies me to the point where I start sweating and get nauseous. I have the feeling that every person/car that goes by looks at me and thinks "what a fucking idiot". Walking through the halls at school is even worse, I feel like I don't belong there and that I look like a sack of shit to everyone.
When I'm outside I feel angry, sad and irritable.
When I'm alone in my room I feel safe, like a big blanket shielding me from the world has wrapped itself around me. I feel like I can breathe out and relax here, even though it looks like trash, since I never have any energy to clean, or shower for that matter.
It's gotten so bad that I've turned to getting drunk all weekend and being stoned all week.
I feel like I'm at the breaking point, and I would be better off dead. Does anyone else feel this way?

>TL;DR: I hate my life, turning into an alcoholic and the thought of going outside makes me nauseous and afraid, what do?
>>
Medication.
>>
>>724818886
It's Marcel. he's waiting for you behind the bush in your front yard.
>>
File: 1487314299366.jpg (67KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487314299366.jpg
67KB, 1080x720px
>>724819145
I've been on a few meds before, including seroquel 200mg/day at one point, but I feel like they just make me more of a nervewreck
I really miss the feel of seroquel though...
>>
>>724818886
I'll bite

Only way to get through this is to acknowledge that you in fact are an idiot sack of shit, all the things you are afraid of being. Is it really that bad?
>>
File: er34tz5u6i7.png (934KB, 864x651px) Image search: [Google]
er34tz5u6i7.png
934KB, 864x651px
Most people don't care about others, just go where you want to go, nobody cares about you.
>>
>>724818886
I don't know man, just live your life the way you want. I'll respect you for that.
>>
>>724818886

Read some "Dale Canergie": How to stop worrying and start living. I presume that your condition is grave and you might need professionale help to tackle your problem. But I am confident that you can do it.

Remember: What seems difficult today, will be easy tomorrow. Just throw yourself out there.
>>
>>724818886
Smoke weed op
>>
>>724818886
well im the sane way, difference is your creating your own hell. everyone probably IS looking at you because u even said u dont shower, look like shit, and dont wash yourself, get a shower, ckean up, stop clouding ur judgement by getting high for a week and see if u notice a difference, i bet you will, take pride in yourself and grow some balls, goodluck
>>
>>724819543
quit meds btw they make u worse
>>
File: eliza_pussy.jpg (11KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
eliza_pussy.jpg
11KB, 213x250px
>>
This is a fork in your life where you become a real human being and stop worrying about what other people MIGHT think about you and start to live your fucking life. Go outside, get used to it. Talk to people, communicate and build relationships.

Or you can continue on and become a sad sack of shit who can't live any kind of life free of anxiety/depression. You'll be ok for a while but probably end up killing yourself or living a very unfulfilling life.

Time to man up, motherfucker.
>>
Oi, mate why sad
>>
Do what makes you uncomfortable. Most of the stuff you worry about will never happen.
>>
>>724819946
That could potentially make OPs situation worse, wouldn't recommend it straight from the start
>>
Im working in getting out of pretty much this exact situation. The drinking and drugging will not make it better. In fact, it WILL make it worse.
>>
>>724818886
I feel like this every day and im about to graduate college
>>
>>724820558
Drinking is def shitty and no one should do it buy weed has cured me of all my anxiety and mental baggage
>>
>>724818886
I have a hard depression with all that stuff thats going with it but i can stiill go outside... go to a doc
>>
>>724818886
honest reply here. just do it. the sooner the better.

t. 33 kv neet living at home. barely have left the house in 5 years, and most of the time i don't leave my room.

weeks became months, months became years. and i don't see an exit anytime soon. the more you wait, it is more difficult to change.
>>
>>724820805
If you use weed to solve your problems, you haven't solved anything yourself. It's the easy way out.
>>
Look into nootropics, specifically quatrefolic (and don't forget the slow release niacin with it) for a potential folate issue - Google 'worry gene' or 'rumination gene'. Also look into CBD and weed. And you don't want to hear it, but exercise and proper nutrition are what have helped me more than anything else ever And I only run ten minutes a day.
>>
>>724818886
From many miles further along the same road you travel on....
Realise most people are so self obsessed that they don't care about you so much.
i.e. Their opinion of you only matters if you want it to.
Don't live in "what if..." world live in "what is...." world.
The only person you need to live with is yourself, everyone else is optional.
Create your world, it is the same as your "room" but with more options.
You control your thoughts, and reactions - use it to your advantage.
>>
>>724820908
It's never too late. If facing people is too much, get someone close (if you have anyone, otherwise buckleup for an adventure) to take you somewhere isolated in nature.

Go for a walk, get away from the modern world. I find doing this a few times let's the anxiety and crazyness of the modern world just melt away.

If you can find serenity in nature, it can be a happy place and a rock to hold on to when facing the real world.
>>
>>724821007
exactly. pussy. im bringing back the ways of 90s punk bands and became a straight edge skinhead:)
>>
I can't decipher this.
>>
>>724821041
Interesting. How does the folate and niacin tie togethr with nootropics and those genes? I'll look in to it but a summary would be nice.

I made a connection between that and Spina Bifida (I have it in T8 and L2). It being a neural tube defect speculated to be caused by lack of folate during pregnancy.

Any
>>
>>724821197
Forgot
>>
>>724818886
I used to feel the same way OP. I am finally getting over it from just putting myself in difficult situations every day to make myself grow. If this doesn't work you need to go to the doctor and get on Clonazepam. That stuff is like magic for social anxiety. Good luck!
>>
>>724821723
A book the OP may find useful like millions of others in a similar situation is "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway"
>>
quit smoking weed. go out a little more each day. Weed makes me fucking hate going out for all kinds of weird reasons but shortly after quitting i return to normal. currently stoned and fine. but just take a break from weed and go out a little at a time. even if its just hangin out in your garden. it helps
>>
>>724818886
Social anxiety is certainly the most apparent symptom - that can be treated with the band aid of benzos or beta-blockers. Agoraphobia may be mixed in there as well, but the social anxiety may be obfuscating that fact.

Underlying cause likely generalized anxiety and/or depression - one often leads to the other. Are you also feeling lazy? If not lazy, try any of the SSRI anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds. Will take about two months to kick in, but will deal with the problem at its core until you re-integrate into society and can wean off them. If you're also feeling intensely apathetic and unable to create the motivation to do anything, you will likely need to mix an SNRI in there as well. Affexor or Cymbalta are good combo SSRIs/SNRIs.

Talk to your doc - modern medicine is actually quite effective at treating this at low financial cost these days. The key is to be honest an unashamed. It isn't your fault white people in particular and everyone general (except blacks who seem immune to this sort of thing, go figure) are starting to go through this outbreak of mental illness. We live too close together and are becoming increasingly alienated as our tech outpaces our biology. Luckily, our medicine outpaces our alienation. Good luck!
>>
>>724822382
It's the little things.

Find a river or creek nearby, a parkland. Go for long walks with music. Walking is greatly healing, combine it with nature and it's the one of the best ways of getting out of a funk.

Google "Famous people who love to walk"
Good for the mind
>>
>>724818886
Set a goal, anon. Maybe it's just to go to the store and get an energy drink. Keep it short and easy, and as you gain confidence, go a little farther each time. I know that it's hard, but take small steps every day and you will make it.
>>
>>724819756 they do
can not much help,, except
,,so sorry' girls at the raging hormone age with another 50 lbs of dead weight of this depression shit,,it is a rough road a heavy load
>>
>>724818886
you obviously dont have anxiety if you post pictures of yourself on 4chan
just take a fucking shower
>>
>>724823580
are you new here, or is this just a bad joke?
>>
File: 232566345.jpg (673KB, 1320x660px) Image search: [Google]
232566345.jpg
673KB, 1320x660px
>ITT female gets treat even from one of the most morally depraved places on the internet
that male privilege
insert ~white~ when dealing with tax credits
>>
>>724818886

I see a lot of people suggesting medication. That's part of the answer, but you really need to start therapy. The combination of the two has been proven to the most effective.

And, as others have said, exercise and diet are crucial as well. That's an "infrastructure", as it were, on which you can "build" your cure -- with therapy and medication.
>>
I'm on 100mg/day seroquel and weed has really helped me, but I seem to have become mentally addicted. I'm ok with that though, since I don't feel suicidal anymore.
Also you don't look stupid OP. I think you're pretty cute.
>>
>>724824375
Also I see a therapist, that's important too.
>>
>>724818886
This "everyone thinks what a fucking idiot" is normal.

I weight 172 kg, IT Nerd, early 30. Right now:

I started a job as a Help desk Agent 3 Years ago, got promoted 3 Times within that time, now earn 6 figures.

My Girlfriend is a solid 8/10, but also has social anxiety.

And i still think everyone thinks "what a looser"

but well, at some point in my life, a female friend ( yeah, friendzone much) taught me: "you are to nice to people" so there was a switch. Pling, i changed my life with one simple phrase.

FUCK IT

i dont give a shit what others think of me, i have my own morals, my own standards, my own way of life. WHatever else happens: i dont care. I have only to be true to my self. Do the same thing. i know " saying and doing are 2 different things" and you are right, but that doesnt mean you cant do it.

Life is life, i only live once, so dont give a shit about others and live your life. And smoke weed, sometimes, it works better if you dont do it all the time. Just a hint from my side

Keep on
>>
>>724820329
for real, depending on the person of course, but I never smoke when im paranoid beforehand.
>>
>>724818886
Stop fucking whining, nobody cares.
>>
>>724824081
>>724824466

This! Therapy is your friend. Seriously. You need some help getting through this.
>>
>>724819543
>>724820107

>quit meds they make you feel worse

for a limited time. OP if they're not working for you over a long time scale you may need a different type of medication.
>>
>>724818886
there's only one thing to do

and that's suicide
>>
File: indifferencetrain.png (361KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
indifferencetrain.png
361KB, 640x480px
>>724818886
I get this way sometimes, you grow to at least be able to take care of yourself if nothing else, you have too. I can go to the store and shit, but I'm not worried about people thinking I look homeless, I don't think much of them, and I don't think they think about me at all.

Take a few xanex, or make a mix drink in a gas station fountain cup, then leave your house for a while.

No matter how crazy you feel, for fuck sakes bathe, even if you have to take beer/shots in there with you.
>>
Take this shit to the /adv/ board
>>
>>724818886
Then I've got something for you.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_20873594.html

That's got to be some weird name like Mike Hunt right?

Hope you feel safer!
>>
I used to have this all the time. I got over it by going outside.

Not taking the piss, you just have to be strong.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.