[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the worst game ever? -Okay I started this game literally

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

Is this the worst game ever?

-Okay I started this game literally an hour ago, and haven't done anything yet. Does the actual game start ay any point, or did they just sell me an animated movie for $40 fucking bucks?
>>
File: 1457268658.jpg (12KB, 294x313px) Image search: [Google]
1457268658.jpg
12KB, 294x313px
>>724492993
Can't tell if bait or just some nigger who actually doesn't like the story of a metal gear game.
>>
Any game that receives critical acclaim is almost categorically incapable of being the worst game ever made. Grow a brain.
>>
>>724493142
>>724493202
neither I would actually like to know if at any point I actually get to play a fucking game. I am not kidding, its been an hour, and all I have done is push forward or back on the controller. NOTHING ELSE. Maybe you fucking deluded children like to pretend this is some austere shit, but I like to play video games, got no interest in watching someone a fucking video movie from some hack who doesn't have the talent to actually direct real movies.
>>
>>724493619
Pay attention to the story faggot and grow a pair. It wont kill you to sit there.
>>
pass the first mission, faggot, then you get to play
>>
>>724493619
lol, you're dense.
>>
>>724493619
>>724494177
Just play fucking pac man already.
You'll see, right into the action.
>>
>>724493856
are you seriously saying it takes balls to watch a movie, or are you just realizing you have no real argument to support the position you've taken so your just throwing whatever insult you can think of out there.
>>724494081
So you all serously spent an hour watching this shit just for the privilege to play a fucking game, cause I thought that what my $40 fucking bucks was for.
Also, what are you all like comiccon nerds? you are all acting like there is some meaningful deep shit here, its fucking video games, its a way to waste some fucking time, its like theres a bunch of fucking virgins who get hard at anime responding to this thread
>>
>>724492993
The prologue drags on for a bit, but it opens up pretty much right after the hospital portion. You'll have to do it again towards the end of the game, but there is a twist during it the 2nd time.
>>
>>724494344
You spent 40 bucks for that story you fucking dimwit, just regret your purchase and shut the fuck up please and thank you.
>>
>>724494239
or halo, bioshock, or pretty much every other game on the planet, I have never seen a game that makes you sit through an hour of some hack's wish to be a filmmaker before they'll let you play
>>
>>724494344
that actually sounds spot on
>>
>>724494344
what we're saying is stop whining and wait for the gameplay, retard
>>
>>724494468
No, no one spends $40 bucks for a story, cause if I want that I'll buy a movie or a book from actual writers for $10 bucks. It was the anime comment that upset you though huh? hit a lil close to home, sorry about that
>>
>>724493142

You calling him a nigger?
>>
>>724494537
Thank you, I'll close up shop now, I just wanted to know that I wasn't the crazy one, that at least one other person saw how absurd this was.
>>
File: Cz3PKoqXAAAwfLl.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Cz3PKoqXAAAwfLl.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
To put it simply...
The critics rated it only on its gameplay, which isnt bad, I dont think any msg fan will disagree that its the best playing mgs game to date.

But the games "story" is a fucking joke, this was supposed to be the game where the fans of the entire series get all the answers and should of been able to tie together all the loose ends, in reality it only left fans with more questions. That and a shit load of content was cut, most likely because of Konami but we'll never know.
>>
Any Hideo Kojima game is good. It's just not complete. Play some of the other metal gear solids when you finish that. I actually really liked quiets story in mgsv.
>>
I'm sorry to tell you but it's going to suck. I love the mgs series but this one is horrible. Even when you do get into the game and start doing shit it's just going to be the same thing over and over. Only like 10 out of 50 missions have anything to do with the story. The rest is just cut and paste filler crap. No real boss battles except one. And a whhoooole bunch of unnecessary shit that you will be forced to do just so you can advance the story. Don't get your hopes up for anything great. The only people who liked it are either those who are in denial or those who genuinely just have shitty taste in games. Your best bet is to just return it and get something else.
>>
And tbh guys I'd pay a lot more for a story...
>>
>>724495347
That was mostly Konami's fault for that. They really screwed Hideo Kojima over.
>>
>>724492993
Oh jesus christ. Is your autism so bad that you can't sit through a cut scene? You should have done your research. One of the defining things of fucking any mgs game is the cinematic cut scenes. Just go get your money back you spastic retard and quit bitching.
>>
>>724494767
Actually nigga you did spend 40 bucks for a story and now you're on /b/ ranting about it also that was my first post in the thread but good try m8
>>
>>724495347
I loved most of the other mgs games, thats why I bought this. They were fun and kinda interesting, but my point, and I think it was not without merit, was that making me sit here for a fucking hour when I was excited to sit down and play some mgs, was absurd, so absurd that I wanted to share my frustration with random strangers . . . then I got the angry nerd crew responding
>>
By the way, the last mission is literally just the first mission over again with an additional 30 second cutscene afterwards. Total shit.
>>
>>724495970
So you've played mgs2 then? The average cutscene in that game was 11 minutes. Exactly how retarded are you? And why are you such a bitch?
>>
File: weakb8.gif (328KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
weakb8.gif
328KB, 1000x773px
>>724494767
no body cares tha you dobt like a game. If it bothers you so much refund it and by minecraft. That has enough gmaesplay to satisfy your baby attention span>>724494767
>>
>>724492993
It does start eventually.
It's kind of a weird imbalance because the first part is TACTICAL FLOOR FLOPPING ACTION during a long-ass cutscene, but then when it is over and you get full control the story is sparse as fuck. Seriously 90% of the story of this game is on the stupid tapes you unlock. There are hardly any codec conversations compared to any of the previous games, and cutscenes are few and far between.
But don't worry, you'll be hearing
"SO THIS IS RAVEN TERRITORY..."
and
"BOSS, GET DOWN! AN ENEMY SNIPER!"
so often you'll want to find Ocelot on the disc and scratch him off.
>>
>>724496604
clearly, a lot of people care, lol. You cared enough to respond too, it's actually kinda sweet:)
>>724496281
I'm really not sure if you're trying to be funny, 11 minutes is not an hour?
>>
>>724496281
>11 minutes
MGSV's opening interactive movie is an hour and five minutes long.
You can see it on Youtube if you don't believe me.
>>
>>724496797
alright, thanks.
well I've angered the nerds enough, I'll check out the rest and let them go back to whacking it to sailor moon.
>>
File: 1474212911989.jpg (90KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474212911989.jpg
90KB, 1600x900px
>>724492993

>you don't pay $40 dollars for a story
>>
>>724497284
BD's are usually $25-30.
Also you could skip the intros to MGS1, 2, and 3, and none of them were NEARLY as long as the MGSV intro. You have plenty of time to beat MGS2's tanker scenario TWICE in the time the MGSV opening takes.
>>
>>724492993
>how do i press buttons?
>>
>>724494767
Trying really hard to troll, huh? Get a life you queer.

As a MGS fan, no the game was not good. It's got shit gameplay and no real story.
>>
>>724498563
Doesn't matter.
You can't do anything but move in the direction the game wants you to move in. Pressing buttons doesn't do shit.
>>
p laY roblo x insteTd
>>
>>724498739
>open approach
>freedom of choice
>the direction the game wants u to
>goal
>>
File: 1460410861308s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1460410861308s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
Well if its that bad then take it back. Easy resolution. :^)
>>
File: witcher3wildhuntforest.jpg (248KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3wildhuntforest.jpg
248KB, 1920x1080px
>>724492993
Is The Witcher 3 the best game ever?
>>
File: 1469804917072.webm (453KB, 346x260px) Image search: [Google]
1469804917072.webm
453KB, 346x260px
>>
>>724499451
Nope. It certainly is fun though.
>>
>>724499638
Best game ever, better than the rest
>>
>>724499451
Its slow as shit and the gameplay isnt that good
>>
File: 1338765-469884_front.jpg (105KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
1338765-469884_front.jpg
105KB, 640x908px
>>724499451
>>
>>724492993
To be honest.. You shouldn't play this game unless you have played at the very least MGS 3 or MGS Peace Walker. Even then you will be really lost. You should look on YouTube for the MGS series in a nutshell to grasp a few concepts. *mild spoiler warning* the end of the game refers to the ending of the first MGS. But to get to your main question. Yes, it does get better. The first part of most games holds your hand and shows you the ropes.. Be patient and the story and game play will pick up.. One tip would be do as many dispatches and side ops to get some needed GMP and an advantage on the battlefield.
>>
>>724499266
>open approach
>freedom of choice
lol you haven't played it, have you?
OP is talking about the hour-long snorefest at the beginning, where you don't have anywhere near full control and for the most part you can literally only crawl in the direction the game wants you to go.
AFTER that, sure you get freedom of choice and all that. But the first hour is absolutely horrible.
>>
AHH FUCKING BLOODBORNE THERE'S A FIVE SECOND CUTSCENE AND THEN I HAVE TO MAKE A CHARACTER JEEZ LET ME PLAY THE GAME ALREADY
>>
Anybody like Trials: fusion?
>>
>>724494524
Oh. Well maybe metal gear isn't the series for you. Sounds like you would be more into fast-paced first-person shooters. That's not what metal gear is.
>>
I've seen worse on the google play store.
>>
Also, the "animated movie bullshit" you we're talking about is laughable.. I can see you haven't played MGS4
>>
>>724499975
Dude, no other Metal Gear game did this shit. There was a long ass briefing in MGS1 that you could just skp if you didn't care. There was a short bungie-jumping sequence in MGS2 that you could just skip if you didn't care. There was a short briefing before the HALO jump in MGS3 that you could just skip. But even if you didn't skip them, V's opening is longer than all three put together.
>>
File: tumblr_lmv5irSHEt1qkcsvio1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmv5irSHEt1qkcsvio1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x350px
Big black cock is my favorite game
>>
>>724500429
i bet it is, faggot
>>
>>724499911
>at the beginning
it woudve been a problem, if it was a 1,5h long movie. Its a 40h long game
>>
>>724500296
So do you skip the story of all the games you play? I can see where the opening of V would be hard on you, since you aren't actually invested in any of the characters or their stories.
>>
I do admit, the beginning hospital sequence is a bit drug out, but it is essential to the story. If you don't care about story or cleaver game mechanics, go and play your mindless casual call of duties or whatever the kids are into these days
>>
File: tumblr_mknxjwlZDh1s29squo8_500.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mknxjwlZDh1s29squo8_500.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>724500649
They're into big black cock
>>
>>724494344
you can skip almost every cinematic nigger
>>
Why isn't Metal gear solid just Madden 2017?
>>
>>724500794
He's not talking about the actual cinematics, he's referring to the hospital scene at the beginning. I wonder if he will ever realize or actually care that he's not actually playing as Big Boss.
>>
I think a better question is why did you pay 40 dollars for a game that is 20 bucks new?
>>
>>724500794
you never played this game have you? The entire point of this thread was that you can't skip the hour long cinematic in this game
>>
>>724493619
why u buy a MGS game then?
>>
>>724492993
probably this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNu1I9zdP90
>>
>>724501009
This has been answered several times in this thread already. No other metal gear game made you sit through these without being able to skip, and none of them were nearly this long, the hospital scene went way too long
>>
>>724500296
I recall a part in mgs3 where there is a river you have to wade through and pass the soul of every single enemy you had killed in the game so far. And that is only one example. You are pretty wrong.
>>
>>724500930
I doubt he has any concept of the metal gear story line, especially regarding BB and Venom
>>
>>724501962
You have never played another metal gear solid game.
>>
Clearly has no fuckin idead what the mgs franchise is lol
>>
>>724500646
That's actually kind of funny, considering Venom isn't in any previous game.
And no, I didn't skip them the first time. I never *wanted* to skip them the first time, until MGSV. And let's be real here: there is almost ZERO story for Venom in that hour long bore-fest. He woke up in a hospital, the hospital got attacked by DON'T KNOW WHO, he escaped with the help of DON'T KNOW WHO, and his helicopter crashed. This was the very definition of unnecessary decompression. The game could have started with the horseback ride with Ocelot and the hospital attack could have been mentioned in one or two sentences and the story would have been unaffected. That entire crawling segment was utterly pointless.
>>
>>724501962
This shows this thread is bait. If you actually fucking played another MGS game then you would know that MGS4 is basically a fucking 12 hour movie.
>>
>>724502454
>considering Venom isn't in any previous game.

Please stop talking, you clearly have no idea what you are saying
>>
>>724502314
>>724502404
>>724502317
>>724502314
I am so fucking sick of you, just exit the fucking thread. I don't want to hear anymore fucking shit from you.
>>
>>724502454
Do you not realize the the franchise is a parody of 80's american action movies?
>>
>>724502007
That isn't the beginning of the game, and isn't nearly an hour long. You are completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Also that part is funny because the game actually remembers how you killed everyone. Shoot everyone in the nuts and all the ghosts wade past you holding their crotch and the river sequence is a lot easier.
>>
>>724502651
Yeah, the cover of the first Metal Gear even copied a freeze-frame of Hicks from Aliens. What does that have to do with holding the analog stick forward for a fucking hour to unlock the actual game?
>>
>>724502645
Yes the hospital scene is a bit long, but eventually you will be let into open world Afghanistan and play the game
>>
>>724492993
>Is this the worst game ever?
no. seaman on dreamcast is
>>
Have fun collecting plants.

Even though you have 100 million dollars to pay someone else you still have to do it.

MGSV was average.
>>
>>724503155
What happens after the fire guy part?
>>
>buy metal gear game
>complain about the story
>?????????????????????
profit
>>
>>724495040
Um yea we actually all disagree th best mgs game is mgs3

The gameplay is fun in mgs5 but the protagonist is unlikeable and the game is just way too fuckin easy.

Don't get me started on "chapter 2"
>>
>>724503299
After the fire guy/hospital scene you go to Afghanistan with Ocelot and the open world game begins
>>
It will get good after a couple hours, and will really open up and let you go wild. And then about 15 hours in, the dialogue and story will get so bad that you'll either have to start skipping every cut scene and mentally blocking out the voice overs, or quit out of rage (Which is what I ended up doing). Seriously, the stupid story and lines that were kind of charming from previous games has turned rancid and infuriating in this one.
>>
>>724497105
Lol, OP, this was the last response I made to this thread, can't believe this thread is still going.
People are way too invested in this game, clearly you all care way too much.
Anyway, just finished the hopstial sequence, it was way too long and that was my only point. Also, I'm old as fuck, and played the original metal gear game on nintendo and play station, and most of them since, except guns of patriots and peacewalker, they're fun, and while I haven't memorized sequence because you know, I was busy having sex, will say is I never remember being bored or frustrated with any of the games before, and I felt both with this one. Hopefully now that the game has started it will be fun. but for real, you all need to relax, they're fucking video games. While I know you will all want to send pithy comebacks and scathing retorts, I wont be reading them cause I will be playing metal gear V, so suck it, im out
>>
>>724492993
Didn't like either
>>
>>724499606
I'm laughing my ass off at this fucking webm. what the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>724499943
Bloodborne, my 1st souls game - never wanted a cutscene more
>>
>>724492993
it's good af OP. The intro to the game is slow though. But it's open world. Definitely not an animated movie.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.