[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

led zeppelin are the greatest live rock band ever. prove m

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

File: ledzeppelin.jpg (66KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
ledzeppelin.jpg
66KB, 500x695px
led zeppelin are the greatest live rock band ever.

prove me wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtVKz0rv4cg
>>
>>724411508
>>
>>724411508
How's the eighth grade?
>>
>>724412355
good

feel free to prove me wrong, though
>>
>>724412428
How's the eighth grade?
>>
>>724411508
Well personally, my favorite bands are Rush and The Who, but you can't not credit The Beatles as the greatest band of all time. Their discography is like Rare's N64 library where every genre they attempted was among the best of that genre. Led Zeppelin is an amazing band, don't get me wrong, but they're no Beatles.
>>
>>724411508
Read any review of their concerts from the 70s. Everyone universally says totally sloppy band
>>
>>724413282
name who you think the best live bands are then. i'm seeking.
>>
>>724411508
opinions are subjective. i think rush is the best live rock band ever, and this makes you wrong.

how does it feel to be wrong?
>>
File: Sw3Q4KX.jpg (62KB, 416x521px) Image search: [Google]
Sw3Q4KX.jpg
62KB, 416x521px
>>724411508
>>
>>724413500
Does't matter, you're wrong.
>>
>>724413232

definitely agreed here. Beatles are the GOAT, even if they aren't my favorite.

Personally Rush is my greatest. Their prime music was some of the best music ever written, easy.

Hemispheres
A Farewell to Kings
Caress of steel (insanely underrated album, along with Fountain of Lamneth one of the most underrated songs ever)
Fly By Night

that catalog alone man...
>>
the best live rock band ever is fuck you
>>
Y'all niggas need Phish
>>
>>724411508
Led Zeppelins stupid and you're stupid for being into them. Their is literally nothing original about them. All they ever did was copy riffs from dead black blues men from the American South. Enjoy your faggot music faggot.
>>
Idk man I prefer Zeppelin cds. CCR and the Beatles live, spot on.
>>
>>724412428
You're a faggot for being into that faggot pop band.
>>
>>724414157
Fuck you, you cock sucking hippie abortion. Go suck Bernie's cock and slave for the next fifteen years paying off college, you raging, flaming, syphilitic,burned out human waste.
>>
>>724414684
In his defense zeppelin is foggy hippie music as well.
>>
>>724414684

Such hatred.
>>
if you listen to this you are either a fucking 15 yr old or a 60 yr old. gtfo op
>>
Phish is for proto-hippies. Second generation farm animals.
>>
you are all fags
>>
>>724415134
Fuck you too, listen to discharge.
>>
>>724414887
You probably listen to some nigger shit tier rap or some electronic autistic music fucking kill yourself scum
>>
Rush is the best live band of all time. There's not even a close second.
>>
>>724415134
Lol sex pistols are literally the faggiest of the faggy pop bands. More like fashion punk. I bet you're 14 and just getting into punk amirite anon?
>>
I wanted to bring up an important reminder about how anons interact with each other on /b/. It is not a problem that exists solely on /b/, but rather the internet as a whole. /b/ is a wonderful place for interacting with people from all walks of life, but the anonymity it can afford can make it easy to forget that really, on the other end of the screens and keyboards, we're all just people. Living, breathing, people who have lives and goals and fears, have favorite TV shows and books and methods for breeding Pokemon, and each and every last one of us has opinions. Sure, those opinions might differ from your own. But that’s okay! People are entitled to their opinions. When you argue with people in person, do you say as many of the hate filled and vitriolic statements you see people slinging around on /b/? Probably not. Please think about this next time you're in a situation that makes you want to lash out. If you wouldn't say it to their face, perhaps it's best you don't say it on /b/.

Try to be courteous to others. See someone having a bad day and starting a feels thread? Give them a compliment or ask them a thoughtful question, and it might make their day better. Did someone reply to your comment with valuable insights or something that cheered you up? Reply to them with a quick thanks letting them know you appreciate their comment.

So I ask you, the next time an anon picks a fight with you, or you get the urge to harass another anon because of something they typed on a keyboard, please... remember the human.
>>
>>724415134
they were so fucking bad lol. They are the 70s equivalent of fucking justin beiber.

Manufactured by companies that thought they knew what punk was. Not to mention they were shit musicians and had little talent.
>>
Testing
>>
QUADS
>>
>>724415467
Who the fuck you think you are to tell me what to do FAGGOT NIGGER PISS OF SHIT
>>
File: IMG_20170304_160928.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170304_160928.png
1MB, 800x800px
Wildly overplayed. Got really sick of them. Really dig Joe Walsh, the straits, Tom Petty as a Heartbreaker and as a solo artist, but who gives a shit
>>
>>724415467
Nigger, this is people talking about music, something completely subjective and something the average jerkoff feels passionate about for personal reasons, and you're gonna come on here and tell us all to get along? Are you retarted or high?
>>
>>724415657
>>724415786
Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 6 months: 6 MONTHS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to traps or whatever gay shit you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're "epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use 4chan). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn.
>>
>>724411508
Not a band but Joe Satriani is still the best
>>
File: fresh pasta.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
fresh pasta.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>724416207
>>
>>724415467
>>724416207

Pasta.
>>
>>724416327

I saw Satriani back in 1989 or so at The Vogue in Indianapolis. Had a table just behind the dance floor, dead center. Best seat in the house.

And Joe was mesmerizing. Absolutely in control of his guitar. I was blown away.
>>
>>724416432
>>724416528
Oh so that's funny to you? Is that it you fucking pathetic faggot? Let me just tell you this: you're nothing. You're fucking nothing. I can bench press 290 and can run 6 miles in less than 36 minutes. I train tapout and could knock you unconscious with one punch. I know you think you're some internet tough guy sitting back there like a pussy faced bitch, but if we ever cross paths I will fucking CRUSH you. Your ancestors will feel pain I'll hit you so hard. And if you try and bring 5 of your friends, I'll just get a katana (which I'm trained in) and then we'll see who's the tough guy. Yeah you can make all the "funny" "clever" comments you want on the internet, but when we meet, you're suddenly fucking dead silent. Like a fucking library. Once I'm done posting this I'm going to call my side piece up and pound away. Enjoy jerking off to another hentai movie you fucking pathetic virgin. But sure, keep posting. Go on, bitch, make my day. You think you're funny? I'm about to wipe that smile off your face. Get ready faggot, I've got your IP and I cannot be stopped.
>>
>>724415434
ok so i guess teens dont know anything about punk like you know the people that started it in the first place and im 16 and been listining since i was 8 or 9 so no not ``just getting in to it``
>>
>>724416327
Shred guitar players are the faggiest of the faggy. And he's the absolute worse. And you're a faggot for being into him.
>>
>>724416207
Yaaaay! I got mail!
>>
>>724415679
>sick of Led Zeppelin because they're overplayed
>"Really dig Tom Petty"

you do you man
>>
>>724416728

Keep going...

I'm interested to see how many responses you have saved on your computer!
>>
>>724416657
Only faggots sit at music events. I bet you also wear earplugs when the music's too loud? Did your mother pick you up at the end of the Satch concert?
>>
>>724416891
Shut the fuck up, I hate your fucking guts. I hate you, your "clever" "observations", as well as your stupid fucking autistic face. I hate you and everyone else involved in this thread, I hope your miserable life full of "epic" moments on an internet imageboard ends painfully slow. I pray to God every night that there will be another holocaust full of people like you. I want a belligerent country to experiment on you, get invaded by a larger country that steals the research your pain created and uses it toward gassing other people like you. When they throw your stupid body in a ditch I will take your retard brain and revive you just to torture you. You'll be seeing me in your nightmares kid.
>>
>>724416807
You're a fag for thinking the sex pistols are real punk. I bet you wear those faggy red checkered bandage pants and a gay homo Mohawk. I bet you look like every other kid at shows. I bet you think you're tough.
>>
>>724416961
>I bet you also wear earplugs when the music's too loud?

As a matter of fact, I do wear earplugs. At EVERY concert I go to.

So does a guitarist friend of mine.

We rather cherish our hearing, and prefer to keep it.

It's quite well known that you DO lose a little hearing every time you hear a concert without ear protection.

But if you want to be the old man screaming at his kids, "Eh? What? I can't hear a thing you're saying!", then be my guest.
>>
>>724411508
Led Zeppelin are the greatest band ever

Fixed it for you
>>
File: queen_band_wallpaper_by_ash0r.png (187KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
queen_band_wallpaper_by_ash0r.png
187KB, 900x563px
Loop Zoop are my personal favorite classic rock band but even I have to admit Queen is the best
>>
>>724416728
Listen, dude: I'm almost 49 years old. I've been using computers since the original Apple 1 was in stores. In high school I used a multi-user BASIC system running on a Data General Nova minicomputer connected to 3 schools via 300bps modems over leased phone lines. The first computer I built was based on a 1976 Popular Electronics article and used an old Teletype ASR-33 as a terminal. The next three computers were S-100 bus systems running CP/M v2.2. Depending on your age, I may have been writing code in C under CP/M before you were even *born*. I've owned no-name Taiwaneese knock-off XT clone motherboard-based systems I built on the cheap, with monochrome (yes, the ugly-ass green-screen) graphics. I remember the original Mac looking like someone's idea of a joke to me. I thought Windows v2.x was the most useless thing on the planet. I actually ran IBM's OS/2 for a couple *years* and thought it was awesome. The only reason I changed from Win95 was because the USB support was virtually non-existent. The only reason I changed from Win98SE to Win2k when it wasn't stable on a CPU running over ~800MHz. I had an entire WinNT4 domain, complete with PDC, running in my apartment, while I was getting an MCSE.

You got that? Newfriend.
>>
>>724417314
I roadie and work security at shows and have been doing it for years. Haven't ever had a problem. My hearings perfect anon. That's a myth that you get hearing damage at music events. If the music's too loud stay home old man.
>>
>>724417314
What's the point of going to a concert if you can't hear anything?
>>
>Pink Floyd
>>
File: freddie-mercury.jpg (69KB, 650x430px) Image search: [Google]
freddie-mercury.jpg
69KB, 650x430px
>>724417428
confirmed
>>
>>724413232
LIVE band.
>>
>>724414001
Lols upon lols
>>
>>724417675
>That's a myth that you get hearing damage at music events.

You keep on believing that.

>>724417715

You can hear just fine through earplugs.

And amazingly, your ears don't ring after the show, unlike the ears of all the people you went with who didn't wear earplugs.
>>
>>724417775
They were ok in concert, but not very much energy. I saw them during the division bell tour, so it might have been different in 1972 or something like that.
>>
>>724418063
My ears don't ring at the end of the night faggot. You on the other hand look like a homo with your gayass ear plugs.
>>
>>724416861
Grew up listening to tp, haven't gotten tired of it. Thought zeppelin was a thing for a while, kept listening to them and plants voice nearly killed me. Crazy and shrill sounding... This guy is nearly 70 and still makes great music.

Not looking to start a dick measuring contest, (because I'd win), but who do you listen to?
>>
>>724417973
I saw Paul McCartney in concert once and although he probably isn't the best I've ever seen, he was pretty darn good. And this is from a guy who is just a casual Beatles fan.
>>
>>724417775
great studio band, but they were mediocre live. they just stood in one spot the entire show.
>>
>>724418280
Paul mcartneys a faggot. And you're a fag for being into him and happy music.
>>
>>724415467
*autistic screeching*
>>
>>724413282
you're a moron. why would i care about what some pretentious cunts thought in the 70s? i have HD recordings of led zeppelin right in front of me. i can see how good they were.

with that being said i agree that jimmy page was sloppy, and plant lost his live range after like 73. but john paul jones and john bonham were always perfect.
>>
You wanna talk about best live band? Freddie Mercury performed on Darth fuken Vader.
>>
>>724418280
His Hey Jude game is top notch a+ with fries on the side live
>>
>>724413818
oldfag here...I saw this live back in day...it was like they were lip-syncing they were so tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjjNvjURS-s
>>
>>724418554
I'm sure they had some good recordings. But they were sloppy, plant couldn't keep shit together. You're allowed to be a child and like them
>>
>>724418701

Ah, back in the day when Geddy Lee could still hit the high notes. He became painful to listen to when he got older. Struggling to sing those parts he composed as a young whipper-snapper.
>>
>>724418554
Sure, kiddo. Whatever makes you happy.
>>
File: IMG_2139.jpg (37KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2139.jpg
37KB, 300x225px
G.G.
>>
>>724418826
Plant really wasn't the problem, although his voice really isn't the greatest. It was Page and Bonham that disintegrated. Plant and John Paul Jones had to keep everything together in the studio.
>>
>>724418826
i couldn't disagree more. like i said before, the only thing wrong with plant was that his range went after a certain point. he always led the band well.
>>
Here's one of the best live performances of anything... Sultans is pretty much a masterpiece on its own, but this is in a league of its own. I'm right, you're wrong, don't reply.
https://youtu.be/8Pa9x9fZBtY
>>
Loop Zoop
>>
>>724419171
what? bonham was absolutely on point even on his last performances..
>>
>>724419253
He sounds like shit. Go to sleep
>>
>>724419282
dire straits are fucking garbage.
>>
GnR best band I ever saw live, fucking insane
>>
>>724419533

No. They're not. Knopfler is an amazing guitarist. Truly unique sound. No one sounds like him.
>>
>>724419533
It's okay to be wrong! If you listen to songs other than sultans and money for nothing, you will see why the guys were as successful as they were in such a short period
>>
>>724419253
Bonham - very talented, but too busy killing his liver to worry about what he sounded like in the studio.
Page - they had to pull him off a 13 year old and away from his "black magic" and heroin to get him in the studio. Good in the 60s,. bad in the 70s
Plant - a suspect voice, but charismatic
Jones - workmanlike bassist

It's really tough to find much good after LZ IV. There are good songs there, but then there's "Hot Dog" and "Carouselambra".
>>
>>724413282
I saw Led Zeppelin a few times back in the 70's, and they always rocked it start to finish and several encores.
>>
>>724411508
>are
>>
>>724419533
Listen to >>724419282 and tell me they sound worse than a live version of zeppelin stumbling around on lsd and coke
>>
>>724411508
IMO Iron Maiden puts on the best live show
>>
>>724419791
i have listened to their self-titled album, love over gold and brothers in arms from start to finish more times than i'd like to admit. still find them garbage.
>>
>>724419361
Yea, if he didn't kick over his drumset or have to leave the stage to vomit. I think he might have even collapsed onstage too.
>>
>>724420206

That's cool. If we all liked the same music it'd be a boring world.
>>
>>724420066
Yea, I've seen them once and they were very good. Dickinson can still hit the notes. And they are LOUD.
>>
File: 1475896007290.jpg (2MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1475896007290.jpg
2MB, 2400x2400px
>>724420206
Eh, I mean suit yourself. Their self titled and brothers in arms are among my favorite albums, but as >>724420347 said, if we all liked the same music shit would be pretty boring
>>
>>724419838
I'll agree with the first part, but nothing good after IV? Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti? There's maybe only 2 mediocre songs total from the 2 albums.
>>
>>724420935
Houses of the holy is what made me absolute hate them. Plants voice is starting to go, I have to turn the radio off or skip the song anytime it happens to come up
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.