[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/ time for a philosophical discussion. This may not be

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1488466069060.jpg (259KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1488466069060.jpg
259KB, 1284x980px
Hey /b/ time for a philosophical discussion. This may not be the best board for this, but idgaf. If something divine created life and gave us instincts to not die, isn't the meaning of life to not die?
>>
>>724151727

The instinct of self preservation is a product of evolution. If we were given anything by God, it is the divine spark of self awareness, creativity and intellect. The purpose of existence is learning, experiencing and improving, then returning that knowledge in its pure form back to the source that your soul came from
>>
>>724151727
we have more than one instinct
>>
>>724151963
Fair point. However, if the universe is doomed to be utterly anhialated, shouldn't humanities goal be to somehow combat this impending doom?
>>
>>724152119
the universe lives in terms of billions of years
the human race lives in terms of thousands of years
the universe will be around long after we are gone
>>
Take some ritalin youll feel better
>>
>>724151963
get a load of this faggot. the purpose of life is pussy, pure and simple.
>>
>>724152312
Yeah but what's the point of life if nothing we do will matter in the end? It makes logical sense to me that humanity should try to do something instead of just passing the time in our meaningless existences.
>>
>>724151727
no i think the meaning of life is to take in your surroundings, say ah that was nice, and then die
>>
>>724152569
you would think that but we are made from the same stardust as the rest of the universe, how do you know you arent merely the taste bud inside the mouth of the universe, you coul be fulfilling your job without knowing your purpose, limited by your own worldviw. open your mind without xpectations and try to enjoy yourself
>>
>>724152569
Aren't you part of this humanity, shouldn't you try to do something instead of just passing the time in your meaningless existence
>>
>>724152569
perhaps the point of life is coming to terms with the knowledge that what we do will not matter in the end and instead perfect what we do in the now
>>
>>724152761
Hey I guess you're right. Thanks m8 for opening my eyes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.