[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually possible to hack vending machines or other

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Vending_51f425_1311175.jpg (76KB, 780x443px) Image search: [Google]
Vending_51f425_1311175.jpg
76KB, 780x443px
Is it actually possible to hack vending machines or other similar things?
>>
>>724145266
No OP at least not any modern ones. Though they may seem like small time easy rip-offs you dont understand that the vending companies both expect and protect against it. In addition, you will never get enough from them to make it worth while.

I have seen my friend use a quarter with a hole drilled through it and fishing line attached to scam an old machine. But no, not worth it and not easy to do at all on modern machines.
>>
>>724145783
I swear that doesn't work anymore
>>
>>724145266
Certain old ones would dump out all the change if you poured salt water into the coin return, something about shorting a particular board.

Honestly though, modern vending machines can take credit cards and likely have vendor override codes like self checkouts at Walmart. Ever have the self checkout machine fuck up on you and the Walmart employee has to scan a badge/punch in a code? Almost everything modern has an admin mode if you know where to look.

But it really depends on the model. Find the model, find the manual, and maybe do some research. Could be possible, could be a crapshoot. I'd imagine they'd stash admin panels inside the lockable refill panel, but that's just me.

Also, thirteen people die every year from being crushed by vending machines. So if you can't hack it, don't shake it in rage.
>>
>>724146053
Thats a great reply. I feel that I've learned something here today. Thanks anon.
>>
>>724145951
No I live in a shit small town that still has gas stations with those old rolling number gas pumps and they usually have old ass vending machines outside. I saw my friend do it. However this machine was old in '97 when I saw my friend do it.

I worked in a hotel, and I've had people try to scam our machines. Some are set up on alarms that will go off if you shake them, and the worst damn thing is that we cant shut them off the vending company has to come out and do it. Try getting a hold of them at 3am with guests up your ass complaining about them. Called the cops, they took the security footage. I dont know if anything came of it, but they take it seriously. Not worth it at all.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.