[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>inseminate one of those future womenless wombs that are being

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: rtx1b5ct.jpg (44KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
rtx1b5ct.jpg
44KB, 1000x563px
>inseminate one of those future womenless wombs that are being built
>shoot it off to Mars
>babies get born and are automatically adapted to the freezing temps
>colonized Mars easy peasy
This would work, right?
>>
>>724119055
How are babies going to eat?
>>
File: 1485686215278.jpg (7KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
1485686215278.jpg
7KB, 211x211px
>>724119055
>>
>>724119580
not sure, probably feed them in the womb thingy like Neo in the Matrix
>>
>>724119055
>and are automatically adapted to the freezing temps
this does not work. not with any intelligent form of live we know
>>
>>724119055
>automatically adapted

Do you even pay attention in Biology class? There's a difference between acclimating and adaptation(something that can only happen between generations). Natural selection won't act on the gene until there has been a colony established there for a long time.
>>
>>724121518
>Do you even pay attention in Biology class?
To be honest I skipped most of my sciences
>>
>>724121452
You're an idiot.

>>724119055
This isn't how adaptation works. Adaptation is an evolutionary consequence, and thus can only take place provided several pre-requisites are satisfied:
1. phenotypic variation
2. variation inherited across generations
3. differential reproductive success resultant from variation

In you proposed scenario you've only met pre-requisite 1 (and that's only probably, for all I know you could have meant clones).
>>
>>724119055
The adaptations required to withstand these temps would require large morphology and metabolism changes in humans. You'd have to raise generations of humans and artificially select for traits favoring psychrophillic survival, not to mention metabolize the toxic gasses in it's atmosphere.
>>
>>724121697
I hope you're not American.
>>
>>724121720
>You're an idiot.
no, I am a realist. Nothing would lead to the kind of adaption necessary to survive in the temperatures we are talking about. let alone what the difference in gravitation, air and the radiation would do with you.
engineering like that would take much longer than simply flying over and building the necessary faculties to strip-mine the damn planet
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.