[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I got a new job and they mailed me a formal letter to sign

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: enhanced-20719-1448714860-1.png (726KB, 609x454px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-20719-1448714860-1.png
726KB, 609x454px
so I got a new job and they mailed me a formal letter to sign to accept the position and I also have a starting date.

is it safe to smoke weed? the letter they sent me literally went into depth about my position, why they chose me, benefits, schedule, type of payment. like everything. ive been drug tested for jobs before but it was retail level.

and i know a company can drug test you at anytime if they want but I'm speaking in terms of a new hiring policy. does it sound like they would still do one?
>>
>>724059421
You are getting a real adult job, time to start acting like an adult.
>>
ye they won't drug test after offering you an acceptance letter, you're good for the rest of the year. i work for an investment bank and i have never been drug tested ONCE and we have the feds up our ass. i think it might only be private companies that care
>>
>>724059518

I agree. I honestly haven't smoked in years and I don't plan on doing it everyday but I just happened to reconnect with a buddy who now sells and it was an impulse thing. then a week after I bought it I got the call back as a follow up for an interview I went on months ago and was offered the position so thats why I held off.

>>724059572

im assuming I'm fine but I'd hate myself if i fucked up my chances. my current job just is stressful and I don't start my new job until 2 weeks so I'd like to be able to unwind after work before taking on the new job with more responsibilities.
>>
>>724059421
They still could, but at this point it seems like they wouldn't. If you tested positive, then they'd have to go thru everything again to find your replacement. Personally, I'd hold off until I know for sure.
>>
>>724059745

yeah i mean the weed isnt going anywhere, I have it. I could do my first week at the new job then when I know for sure smoke.
>>
>>724059725
here's your first corporate lesson: people dont get off their ass unless there's a fire under it. you're fine OP, they already fucking hired you man. if they fired you now they would have to bust their ass hiring someone else.
>>
The fact that you're even asking this question shows that you are an idiot.
>>
>>724059971
>people can't ask questions on an anonymous website because you think it's stupid
wtf man, people learn this shit by asking questions or figuring it out the hard way.. let op ask his question man
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.